Reviews of Residence Inn Tysons Corner 3 stars

8616 Westwood Center Drive, Tysons Corner, VA 22182, USA

#2 of 17 hotels in Tysons Corner

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

We were in a first floor unit. Apparently this building is poorly built since we could hear every step takin in the above apartment. Also the glassware was dirty leading us to not trust the cleanliness of the kitchen.

Came to Tyson’s Corners for a wedding and only stayed one night. The location for us was convenient. It was helpful to have a full kitchen, ironing board and iron, and early check in.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

But, $200/night is too expensive for long-term stay. When upstair person use hot water, it's really laud in the room.

This place is really for long-term stay. They have all services (kitchen, laundry, grocery) to do this. They also provide something (appetizer, desert) in evening.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Everything, the staff are great, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is good. There are many food options in walking distance and there is a Wal-Mart!

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

My only concern was the security deposit on my credit card. It made no sense for a major credit card to have a security deposit taken.

It felt like home. Very comfortable

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Thermostat in room too sophisticated. It thought it was smarter than we were, making it hard to control heat in room.

Free shuttle to and from Tysons Corner mall, Metro station, or anyplace within 5 minutes of hotel. Personnel extremely helpful, polite, accommodating.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast! Need more variety! Log for fireplace was $10 for one, expensive.

Location near metro and restaurants. Rooms were spacious! Full kitchen was nice!

None.

Location! It's close to Spring Hill Metro station and the hotel provided free shuttle service within 5 miles radius. Very convenient. By using this metro, you will get into DC's main attractions (the White House, all the major museums, etc.) just by taking the Silver Line Metro (if no breakdown or maintenance of the metro) from Spring Hill metro station. Several restaurants were within 5-10 minutes walking from the hotel (Thai, fast-food chains, etc.). Walmart is also around the corner (7 minutes walk from the hotel). The parking is also free. The hotel had washer & drier for a small fee which is very convenient.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast varieties would be a huge plus!

Very nice overall, the price is always just right and the location is very good and close to every where we wanted to go

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was ok. It could have used nicer warm dishes. Coffee was ok. Breakfast room a bit crowded on Saturday morning. However there was always fresh fruit and waffle making possibility.

Great location! Walking distance to the metro, Walmart (open 24 hours), restaurants. Shopping just couple of minutes by car, more if you're stuck in traffic which doesn't seem to lighten up at any times during the working hours. The room was very comfortable and very spacious. Couch / sofa a bit simple and hard but the bed was very comfortable.

• Deluxe Large Studio with Sofa Bed

I've stayed here repeatedly. Usually, it's great. Sometimes, loud groups are booked into the hotel at the same time and can be disturbing (especially a badly supervised bus tours of teens, once!).

This Residence Inn is usually quiet and always comfortable, despite its location convenient to restaurants, shopping and the Metro into DC. The staff are great, always willing to go the extra mile.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was a disappointment. We stayed on the weekend and food was not replenished in a timely manner. If you know the hotel is sold out then food staff should prepare accordingly.

Close to national harbor and DC

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The room was extremely spacious; was set up like an apartment style. Nyha Nadeem was an excellent desk receptionist, I really appreciated her customer service.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Very minor, but the room itself was a little confusing to find because of how the structures are arranged. Not really anything "bad," per say, but maybe having plaques near the parking areas on where to go for what rooms could really help.

The room was very nice, clean, and spacious. It had ample lighting, the water pressure in the shower was fantastic, and the bed was soft / comfortable. The kitchen was also so nice to have (it was helpful having a place to store food and snacks) during my multi-night stay. I would absolutely book here again when I have to return to the Tyson's Corner area.

• Executive Loft Suite

It was beautiful and warm the entire stay. We were very surprise the outdoor pool was closed so early. Not major issue but would have been nice.

Very comfortable, spacious, quiet, clean and the staff was excellent and friendly.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Although the rooms are good, the actual property seems to need work. Its starting to look "unkept" .

The rooms are great, and the front desk (John) is wonderful.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Hard to find something negative, but I can say the air conditioner was a little noisy but we didn't complain about it.

Location is one of the key points. You are 5 minutes away from the spring hills subway stop, but if you don't want to walk the hotel offers free shuttle within 5 miles. The included breakfast was good. The staff was nice and helpful all the time. The room was updated and clean. Close to a Walmart and some restaurants.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

needs longer breakfast hours... we skipped it because it ended at nine, and we wanted to sleep in on our night out of town!

the shuttle driver was very nice and got us where we wanted to go quickly. the front desk staff was very nice, but we called to have a few questions answered and she had a lot of difficulty understanding us over the phone.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The grounds around the facility needed attention with power washing building, sidewalk, and picking up hundreds of cigarette butts.

Clean large room with good location for the metro system. Excellent breakfast except for a sweet tooth person like myself-no pastries...

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

A little run down property with things coming apart in the room. Pans in the room we're clean but didn't look so, table had a leg coming off and microwave was sagging down. Breakfast area is small and there is a great rush throughout, making breakfast a chore not a pleasure.

Helpful staff, good facilities, clean, good breakfast spread, easy parking and good location. Our stay was comfortable with easy check in, a clean and comfortable room. Kids enjoyed pool and basketball both days. There is always coffee available. We needed extra towels and toiletries and service was always prompt with a smile.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Our first room smelled like room freshener, but the wonderful staff immediately gave us a new room!

Wonderful place for a large group to stay! We spent time in the breakfast area and also outside by the fire pit! Also van took us to the closest Metro stop and picked us up!

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The doors could have a bit more sound-proofing. It sounded like a party at 12am until the next door people went inside. Overall, not a big deal, and it was a very quiet place in general.

This is a lovely hotel, clean and comfortable. Not a plain, cookie-cutter square box like most. Modern and stylish furniture that was comfortable too. The kitchen area was perfectly adequate for my needs, and had exactly what a person would need who just wants to reheat and go. The bathroom area was clean and nicely lit.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Great loccation, great stuff. Rooms are one of the best i have been in. Breakfast is perfect. I have nothing bad to say. When we arrived and when they saw how toll is my friend they changed our rooms because they said that he will not fit on a couch that was first booked and they gave us bigger room for the same price.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Fridge made a lot of noise so turned if off at night.

Great location and price. Short walk to subway station. 15 drive to Dulles airport. Several good restaurants nearby. Room was good size. Very clean. Great staff and good breakfast.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

No complaints! We had a wonderful stay and will rmarat and again when we return to the DC area

The room was fantastic, better than expected. It was very spacious! The breakfast was one of the best we've had at a hotel!

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The hotel staff is great and accommodating. The rooms are very clean, it is in walking distance to many restaurants and Wal-Mart. The room has a great kitchen.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Wish it had a heated indoor pool

The location was great, safe, clean! The staff was amazing, actually I must say the friendliest staff I have met! The hot breakfast was fantastic, especially considering it was free.... the hotel was quiet and comfortable. Parking was free and the metro is within walking distance. Safe place to walk even at night! They also have a free shuttle service and they offered to take us to dinner and pick us up, wow, that's service. We would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Two out of four nights of my stay would have been truly lousy if I hadn't had good earplugs along. A bus tour of teenagers was booked into the hotel and they were utterly inconsiderate: loud late at night outside and in their rooms, moving furniture in the room above my head, banging suitcases down the stairs in the wee hours of Saturday morning when they (finally) departed. Awful. Also, when I arrived one of the staff and I dragged all my stuff into an upstairs room and I unpacked, only to discover the A/C wasn't working. The manager and the engineer came and helped carry my stuff to a new, ground-floor room where everything worked fine. Non-functional A/C: not so great. The help provided to move in and to change rooms: super.

I can't report on the breakfast as I made my own in my kitchenette. I've stayed at this hotel twice now because its location is ideal for my purposes. The Metro station is only three blocks away and I can park the car at the hotel and do everything I need to do in DC without any need to fight the city traffic. It would be just as good a base for DC tourism. The hotel is also close to the friends and relatives living in the DC suburbs whom I visit by car, and there are always parking spaces available when I return to the hotel. The room is large enough for me to do my Pilates exercises and has a full-size refrigerator, range, microwave and small dishwasher. The hotel even offers grocery delivery so you don't have to worry about doing the grocery shopping. The staff is friendly, personable and obliging. Despite the noise issues (see what I didn't like), I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Nice property, conveniently located near the highway. The room was very comfortable, very clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would most certainly stay here again.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The room was rather a small studio with literally everything that might be needed (cookware, dishwasher pills etc). Wood-burning fireplace rocks. Breakfast is great and selection is good. Close to subway station (a short walk about 10 minutes away).

NOTHING!

The room was FANTASTIC! Clean, Roomy. Front Desk Catered to my EVERY NEED! The Hotel Manager was Exceptional!!! I'm going to find excuses just to go back to this Hotel, LOVE IT

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The bathroom was not that clean, but it was not bad at all!

Everything! The staff was very nice. The shuttle bus was very reliable, very polite driver!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Having to pay for wood for fireplace and housekeeping didn't change the sheets she only made the bed. The evidence was the stain that was on the sheets the night before.

Location was nice

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

I was charged 300 dollars extra because it was a "WEEKEND" and i guess its known for parties.. i just needed a place to crash ... and only had enough money for the actual room. At least I would of appreciated the heads up when I booked the room, I would of gone somewhere else.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Room must have just been cleaned ..... smelled good... bed was comfortable....my daughter loved the closet size... Havin a hot breakfast was good feelin...

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Awful extra sofa bed (in all rooms the same problem)! It was impossible to sleep on it, so we asked several blankets to put on the mattress. Breakfast room is very small and sometimes you should wait for the table. Breakfast options is pretty poor.

Waffle on breakfast (self making option), cleanliness. The staff was helpful. Not so far from Washington attractions (if you have a car), close to shopping center

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

there is not a lot to choose from breakfast. Either eggs and bacon or pork. As Muslim this is not convienent. The bakery also not very fresh and only toast and bagel. However, I liked the waffle if not the waffle I will have no breakfast. Coffee also not tasty but in anyway there is a full kitchen in the suite if you wish to cook by yr own.

Everything the location, the price, the clean rooms, the full kitchen and just 10 minutes drive from Tyson corner . I booked this hotel four times and every time it meets my expectations. I will continue to come again to this hotel ever time I visit Virginia and DC area.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Decor tired, some light bulbs not working. Air con very noisy. Apartment hotel so no elevators if on second floor. Breakfast very busy, and very few tables. Take care with Satellite navigation - check street name as there is another Residence Inn at Tysons Corner Mall. Recommend not to unload bags from car to check in - you may have to drive around to your room.

Easy to find, lots of free parking. Close to Metro (5-10 mins walk) around 30 mins to central DC and attractions. Several restaurants / take out places nearby, but some close early - check out Paisano’s Pizza for great pizza and pasta. Generous apartment hotel room layout.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Executive Loft Suite

I reserved 4 nights, when I checked -in they ask me to change the hotel because of "over-book" I solve this problem with booking.com

Great location Close to every thing ( Wal Mart - Tyson mall - restaurant) Good staff

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The breakfirst is really delicious expecially for their hand make Strawberry jam. I like everything here, it closes to Waltmart, and driving distance to DC center.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Outside could use some updating but room was clean comfy and new looking

Clean comfy

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The carpet need to be clean and breakfast needs variety cause ils same food everyday

The location and very good staff kind and very helpfull

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The sofa bed was not comfortable.

Fantastic room! Very spacious with all necessities. Walking distance to our event. Great breakfast in morning!

Fitness room

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Carpets should be replaced and alot of animal hair on couch

Near main highway lots of malls and restaurants

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Nothing, everything was great!

Love this place

Very nice rooms! Comfy

The staff was wonderful.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Everything, the staff is great as always!

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast daily more of a variety

Housekeeping employees eas very plesant and accommodating

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The room is ver spacious and the closeness to the metro

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Cleanliness needs some improvement, breakfast is too basic and almost tasteless even the coffee.

Location, spacious room.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Beds to small no way that was a Queen size

The location was perfect, shops close by in walking distance.

Liked everything.

Very clean and comfortable. Would certainly stay again.

The room was clean.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast area could be set up a little different. There is alot of congestion in the hot food area.

Staff were fantastic. Room was great

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Good location, a full kitchen, hot breakfast

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Everything was wonderful, staff is so nice.

Nothing, everything was perfect

Great people and very clean

attitude, billing system, service

environment

• Deluxe Large Studio with Sofa Bed

Property is showing age. Even with recent remodel the buildings feel dated and need of repairs.

Great location. Good value.

Great stay

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The bed not comfortable and i do not like breakfast

Staff

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Property would benefit from on-premises guest laundry.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

It's only a couple of blocks from the metro!

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast lacked food towards the end of morning

Location, pool, basketball court.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Nothing, I have stayed multiple times.

Staff is very nice and accommodating. Room was clean and spacious.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The breakfast offered a large variety of choices.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

standard breakfast buffet

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Room was excellent, walking distance to the convention we attended - CANT say enough about having our own kitchen!

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Great Hotel, very good breakfast, and very nice and welcoming staff.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

the pull out sofa bed was not the best.

breakfast selection and quality were quite good.

I wish they offered a shuttle to the airports, I had to uber and it was $32.00

Everything very pleasant staff.

Everything!