Reviews of Flamingo Waterpark Resort 3 stars

2261 East Irlo Bronson, Kissimmee, FL 34744, USA

#140 of 235 hotels in Kissimmee

• Queen Family Suite

The Water Park was in need of repair a lot of rust and There were not enough life guards on duty to make us feel safe. with the kids...

The room was great. a little dated but not bad for the money.. e

There was a huge gap under the door and I found a bug on my pillow. Housekeeping didnt come around until 5 PM and we needed towels. My blanket smelled like pee

The water park is small but perfect for smaller children. The movie theater was cute and the staff was friendly

I think it could be cleaner. The room needed an update. The air conditioning wasn’t that cool but there was a fan overhead so that helped. The bath tub wasn’t very clean.

The property is dated. It is a fun place for kids but I didn’t utilize the waterpark area or the pool.

Place was obviously not well taken care of. The entrance alone was full of dead palm trees. Most amenities were closed.

The water park was ok. However we were over it in about 15 minutes

The rooms could of been cleaner, the floors were nasty, the beds are very worn out , the towels didn't smell clean , the whole place needs updating it don't look anything like the pictures on the site, and I really didn't like how we spent all that money to stay there and most of the time we were there we spent it in our room because every day they closed the water park and pool down at 2pm due to storms being 20 miles away even know it was still sunny, no clouds in the sky , no sound of thunder or lightning they had the water park and pool closed and then the arcade and activities room was so packed my kids couldn't play and then when they opened the pool back for the last hour at night it was so packed we couldn't even swim around rediculas I will never go back or recommend this place. Oh and it says they have a restaurant but what it don't say is it's only open for breakfast that's it.

My kids had fun with what little bit they did get to enjoy the water park. But that is about it.

Wish there was a beach closer than there was. Also wish they didn't have to close water park and bouncy house down so much due to storms.

The kids loved the water park onsite. Liked the 24 hour convenience store on site, the movie was fun wish could of been more current movies and little better seating but was still fun. Kids liked the game room.

Very poor customer service at the lobby during arrival & checkout. the arcade room is tiny & doesn’t have many options. the rooms are very old! rats in the parking lot! The rooms looks like a cheap motel. the pillows have absolutely no fluff, the mattress was uncomfortable. felt dirty. the AC doesn’t cool & was very loud. The ceiling fan doesn’t work like it should. the location is horrible too. 30 minutes from themed parks/main attractions. nothing but gas stations around the “resort”. the keypad on the door didn’t work! the shower didn’t have hot water in the morning, the shower-head was rusted & loose! The bathroom door wouldn’t shut, we had to literally push it to close it. extremely loud exhaust fan, barely any towels, the ice machine didn’t work. took a long time for them to open up the Waterpark. looks like a 3 year old painted the room in orange. AND to top it off, a lot of exposed wiring throughout the building! I recommend you fix it, before a child gets hurt!

Waterpark is good for all ages. they have a kiddie area for young children

the property needs a renovation as well everything in the hotel. the staff were not that helpful almost everything was closed. the location makes it hard to locate the hotel.

almost nothing

I didn't like paying a hundred dollars more then my daug and we were only a room apart i booked my first and she booked later and hers was a hundred dollars cheaper thats a big rip off when we had the same kind of room.

Went to check in was told there was more fees to pay that was not told to us when we booked our room? Then we was told the small pool area closed at 7 pm and the big pool area was open till 10 pm. They lied they closed both pools down at 7 pm. We only got an hour to swim after our arrival. Had they not closed down the big pool we could have swam more. Will not ever stay here again. Waste of time and money. Shuttle fees to airport I was told $24. shuttle person never showed. Then another shuttle showed and was charged $40. Big difference!

The different pool areas. The room was nice and big but not really clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room had several small roaches in bathroom in middle of night strange odor upon arrival and telephone looked like one in automotive center hadnt been cleaned for a while. They seemed to try and maintain property but rooms outdated other areas in lobby and food area nicer. Guests at night very very loud and disorderly for a family friendly place like a college spring break.

Waterpark area nice for small children just right size.

Location. Lights in room didnt work. No toilet tissue. No housekeeping. It was weird setup. Sections of property looks very old. Weird entrance difficult to locate.

Water park was cool. Rooms are rated as poor. I had to keep calling the front desk for items missi g such as iron. There was no lights and weird ceiling fan that didnt provide lights...no privacy curtain for window, only curtain. So we couldnt let light in room. Horrible.

Everything this is the worst trip I have ever had

This is the worst family kid Resort that I have ever been to is not a resort it's definitely a hotel with the hotel by the staff was horrible the rooms was horrible the waterpark was horrible I would never return here again

The building is old and dated.. The water park needs to be open longer,, unless you are staying for multiple days you can't really enjoy. Check in is 4pm water park closes at 7pm by the time you unload,, find room,, get dress it already 5:00..Not enough time to enjoy water park.

Nothing!! 😈😈

The restroom was dirty!!!!

It was ok for the money but the rooms wasn’t really clean. The restroom was dirty. We didn’t have enough wash clothes and towels and when we asked they gave two towels no wash clothes and we had three people in the room.

It was not clear when making the online reservation that the “$28 Property Fee” was for 2 Park Tickets which we could not use as the hot tub closed before we checked in at 8:30pm and we were leaving the next day by noon. Continental breakfast would have been more suitable. I gave the tickets away, consider the $28 a loss and good deed.

Room and facility were clean.

Staff at the coffee place was very upset and expressed it aloud why they received a small tip when really it was on top of the mandatory gratuity charge already on the overly priced bill. Lifeguards at the pool just sat and stared as kids trampled each other in the over capacity lazy river. Room was filthy, i had my shoes off just to climb in to bed and the little bit i walked from the shower to the bed they were black again. The fees charged on top of the nightly charge made the 2 night stay way overpriced.

The lobby was about the only place that was somewhat decent and clean.

The elevators and the rooms are a bit run down.

It's a perfect hotel if you're staying with children. There is a lot to do for the family. Movie nights, games and of course the water park

The staff did not care for the required height sign because I saw little kids who did not meet the height requirement going down the big slides without parental supervision and the staff did not even try to stop them which is dangerous and unprofessional

The water park was fun but looked bigger in photos also the fact that there was a regular pool that closed late made up for the water park closing early

Maybe more entertainment

Clean and Good service. We rented 2 villas and we didn’t have any concerns. Considering all that happens in a busy resort like this one things were good. Our kids had fun at the pool. I’ll stay here again.

There was a roach in my room I called front desk they were suppose to send a housekeeper and no one ever came. I paid too much money for me to have a roach in my room! That discussd me. I won’t stay there again

Beds were comfortable, I modeled in a show that was at the resort and that was good

Where do I start EVERYONE that is wearing a life guard outfit is not a life guard my 7 yrs almost drowned in front of my face luckily my husband was not that far away and was able to pull him from the pool when I asked the girl who's in life guard attire under a life guard tent why didn't see run to help she basically stated that she was not a life guard but a towel attendant, this infuriated me in which I went to the lobby spoke with Manager on Duty and she simply stated that she was not a life guard but an attendant and that she was not certified to save anyone in the event that a person is drowning, I felt so defeated how did I book a hotel which I was superposed to be having a great mothers day weekend and my son nearly drowned in the pool with no one to help him and to make matters worst about few hrs after that we were by the slides and the same attendant who is not certified to save ppls was patrolling the area with a guard sign as to let everyone know she was the life guard on duty, this hotel needs to do better don't have signs that there are life guards on the premise when its falls advertisement, who care if you have a sign on the gate the the so called attendant is acting like the life guard on duty. I will never come back the experience at this place is the worst COCO KEY RESORT IS WAY BETTER!!!

To tell you the truth nothing.

I don't like how on the booking. come website it states no hidden fees and will get there, there's still a hold fee of $100. IT SAYS NO HIDDEN FEES ON THE WEBSITE> HOW do you know a family has an EXTRA $100 for fee. NOT COOL PEOPLE NOT COOL AT ALL!!!!!

The experience was great for the kids .Nice place will return.

I waited long to be checked in. The room had a bad smell. I had to air it out and used tissues found on the floor near the window. Paid for the use of water ride for my child and could not use it at all.

The staff were nice.

The fridge in the room was not working. In a room for 4 people there were only two towels, two wash clothes, the Tub was dirty and as was the blankets. The Dulce breakfast lounge!! We left because of the long wait time, and malfunction of kitchen equipment

The pool access, game room for kids

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn’t like that the close the best pools in the facility when is still sunny out side that’s also the kids pool the other pool is for adults an it closes at 10

I rented there for the pools with my family it was really good

We were on the 2nd floor, building has no elevator. Be prepared to carry luggage up the stairs. Also, we checked in at night and were directed to walk outside the perimeter of the building to get to the room; this walk was not well lit. It would have been better to be allowed to go through the interior open space, which is how we walked in the morning.

Room was a good size, good storage space, had a coffee maker and refrigerator.

I called the first desk several times for my room to be cleaned. I was informed that someone would bring towels and no one showed up. Management was suppose to call me several time and never contacted as I requested. I’m still waiting on a call from management.

I like the fact that rooms was able to be accommodated when needed to change rooms. Loved the fact that the pool was outside my room. Staff at the pool was very nice and ensured everyone’s safety at the pool at all times.

Restaurant guy was very rude. And was in the back whenever we needed him. Rooms were very hot, fan and AC were horrible.

Water park was Great kids loved it. Pool was beautiful and so warm!

Location. The description and photos were very misleading. No amentities were working correctly. A ton of riff raft at the property, very uncomfortable situation.

Not much

The toilet in our room gave so much issues.

The water park facilities are well looked after. There are lifeguards at each pool. The rooms were not as bad as the reviews mentioned.

Did not have any shower curtains and me being 6’2 made water go everywhere lol

Beds were very comfy, location of the place is very “lowkey” and you won’t find a better place for the price.

I payed 234 and some change only able to play for an hour or so before everything was closed due to time and puke. Then the next morning the waterpark was opened at 10 am check out at 11. So no time to use the waterpark passes we paid for or even swim. The rooms were out dated. The play ground was good till my child went down the side and ruined his new outfit so then I had to go and buy another new outfit fast housekeeping for a bag they ignored me once twice three times and then I just walked away when I went to check out nobody asked me how my stay was nobody asked me if everything was good didn't say nothing to me just check me out and sent me on my way not a great Hotel this isn't even considered a resort if you ask me

Movie night. Was ok the pool was nice size i like all the options for the kids

The area didnt have much food choices. But of course thats not the resorts fault.

Our family had the best time. We were unsure when booked because the price was so inexpensive. We took the bet and are so happy we did. Could not have asked for better staff. Everyone from the pre questions phone call i made before booking to the check in and check out was wonderful. There is so much to do in one spot that my 4 year old (who has no attention span) stayed busy. We will now become regulars.

A lot of the staff did not speak English or attempt to get someone that did when you needed assistance. We went to breakfast in their restaurant and it was very understaffed and took a long time to get food.

The heated pool. The waterpark area was okay. For the price every thing was good.

The hotel was not clean at all. The beds are old and uncomfortable.

When we arrived at the room the air conditioner was not working and I did not have a pool view room as requested. I asked to be put in a different room and the staff did not hesitate on giving us another room

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I did not think it offered enough restaurants in the area. You have to drive a little ways to eat.

I enjoyed the water park. It really caters to young children. My six year old loved it!

It was quite a ways from any disney locations. And inside the room there was only 1 chair.

I loved how everything was there and avaliable on site. They had a pool that was open after the water park closed. Plus a little fountain for my toddler to get tired running into. They had an arcade, playground, gym and laundry room. As a mom i couldn't have asked for more.

Management and staff were horrible. prejudice and unkind and filed bogus complaints on us to put us out because we were black. I'm filing a civil suit against this company.

If we had a room closer to the pool.

Bed was comfortable. Everything was easy to get to.Food was very good.Wish that some of the staff could speak a little english.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel room was not good at all. The AC did not work correctly and the room was more humid than outside. The staff did not even make up the room like they were supposed to. There would be 4 days in a row that the room was not made up and the trash not taken out. The bathroom above leaked through the ceiling into our bathroom. The staff did nothing about it and were completely full and couldn't move us to another room.

The water park

Tiki bar service took so long to wait to order the food and bath tub water run down slow when taking shower

The pools are warm i love that and the room was nice have microwave and refrigeratorthe bed was good

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was no elevator in our building even thick we were told there was by the front desk. We were not given enough towels for everyone in our party to shower. The beds were not made properly or even comfortable to sleep on.

The water park was awesome. My kids had a blast playing on the slides and inn the kiddie area. The lazy river was also relaxing.

I expected the hotel to be more clean, the water park to be bigger and better for the price and the resort fees they charged. It wasn’t what i expected. That was why I checked out earlier. When i checked out, the manager wasn’t happy. Her face was so cranky, didn’t even say thank you for staying or come back again. She just processed my paper and walked away. I was like so much for good customer service.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Even the arcade was a scam . They have ticket price for kids. But after they spend all their money . And save for a prize . They tell them the prizes come from a machine and it isn’t working. I was afraid to allow Kidd’s on slid . Rails rusted almost into. Really need city to come check .

This is a scam tourist trap. They don’t tell you that you have to pay for water Park. Just give you arm band and charge you. This is in addition to 28 fee. This is truly a big disappointment. All you here is people asking for refunds but they don’t do that ! Because no one would stay !

Not clean room, sheets were stinky. Went out all day n they never came to my room to clean or change the sheets,they brought to me at 11:15 pm and i had to do it my self.HORRIBLE place!!!! It’s not how it looks online, don’t waste your money going there, water park n pool not worth it,don’t go there.I’ll give them “0” start in the survey automatically goes to 2.5 start, is no me who is giving them 2.5 start I’m telling you “0” STARTS.

NOTHING!

• Room Selected at Check-In

The front desk service was not very friendly. Also when we called down to order a pizza they acted like they didn’t want to rake our order and suggested we call papa johns. The total room price was a bit pricey for what you get.

The rooms were nice and clean and the pool staff were nice.

The bathroom had shower problems and water got on the floor. Fun times. Should not have been charged extra for one more wristband.

The waterpark was fun.

The lack of communication when I checked in I asked that I didn't want any service. Everyday I was there some one came in anyway. Then on my last day A staff member came into my room and left my door open and a cleaning product on the dresser by the door. I do know I will not return there. They give me the 21dollar resort fee for my inconvenient.Wow! I asked management what if it was it your room left open. I don't feel like they did enough to make me to want to come back there. 21 dollars was a slap in my face.

The pool was always being clean. Iike the fact the management did apologize when my room was left open.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn’t like the fact the staff gave me the run around about who to speak to about water park prices . I also called a week in advanced about party packages and Elliot NEVER returned my call kristen is very rude who answers the phone on day shift she’s need some training about CUSTOMER SERVICE !!! She was rude and was ready to transfer me with out even trying to figure out what happened with me and my reservation . She wasn’t even concerned that i had paid over $300 in your resort alone ... I’m surprised of the fact because i am a Florida resident and live pretty close so if that had been someone from out of town i would not have recommend this resort .

The water park accommodated me a little because of something they messed up on with my reservation .

The way our door keys always kept deactivating they were too sensitive to our devices I guess

Need to have a few more English-speaking employees we would ask a housekeeper for something and they would tell us they don't speak English

They only approved out key one day so had to go back twice to ha e it updated to get in to the room after a long day out at the parks

How quick it was to check in and enjoy my stay

We really enjoyed our stay but I think the rooms could have been better or at least my room. The room was pretty dark even with all the lights on. WiFi never worked the entire 3 day stay. The shower was extremely slippery so please be careful my son fell. The shower curtain rod was very loose on the wall. Lastly, housekeeping did a wonderful job but it was kind of hard to communicate because the ones I spoke to or needed something from really didn't speak English they said.

Flamingo Waterpark Resort is just right for families with younger children.My kids really enjoyed it. The staff what's friendly and front desk workers were very accommodating. If you're looking for a place to relax with family this is definitely the place.

Mattress very uncomfortably, coffee maker didn't work, lighting in the room wasn't good,paid for the water park that we didn't use and the smell of hydraulic oil in the elevator was bad.

Available on short notice, location was good and check in was easy.

it is a older facility.

kids loved the slides, the area is a fun spot with kids.. if it had been just me and the wife i would have stayed closer to disney.

• Queen Family Suite

For the price I think the rooms could be updated and then the staff could be a little bit more polite they approached my daughter and my son it would not let them on the water slide because they were not in a bathing suit they were in a tank top and shorts they said on the website that it doesn’t post that they’re supposed to be in a bathing suit at all times but it doesn’t I relocked

The kids had a blast

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I liked the location. I loved the view of the water park from my room and the staff was very friendly. I enjoyed all the resort amenities. I hope to go back again soon.

My child got hurt in this place from a metal rod sticking out of the bed. It was covered up by the house keeping with a blanket. My child needed to get 8 stitches in her foot!!

The building is pretty experienced in that the room plumbing needs updating and the floors could use some carpets. It gets pretty cold in Orlando in evening and the tile floors get cold if you've misplaced your slippers. The basic cables has repetitive channels and about 60% of the channels are sports.

The water park is the best benefit of this hotel. It's not quite a resort if you've stayed at a real resort before, but it is truly kid friendly.

Sidewalks and pathways need more maintenance. The bedroom floor was never cleaned during our stay.

Good location and facilities. Had a problem with the tv and they responded immediately and resolved the issue.

The shower was broken the toilet clocked up the first time we use it. There was no iron in the room we requested one but know brought it.

The location of the property

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Well when me and my family first arrived from out of town it was awesome but as we roll around to night two of our stay the resort called the police on us and other kids in the pool and said that the kids were too loud the mrg on duty that night was very disrespectful she told the kids at the pool to be quiet because they were too loud so when the kids didn’t they called the police on us need I remind you it was 8pm at night and the pool area doesn’t close until 10pm the resort general mrg really didn’t do anything she only gave us extended day

the night we arrived the mattress topper was wet, they offered to move us rooms but we were to tired and didn't want to share a bed. so we turned the mattress over. the air con unit in the room was very noisy throughout the night.

the staff were very helpful the room was adequate for our needs

When we arrived we were not given the room we booked online. This however was an easy fix with communication with the staff.

The room and water park area were clean. We utilized the convenience store, laundry room, pool and water park. Water park passes and towel passes were included in pricing. They also have a bar, dining room for breakfast, game room and other things to do on site. Very close to airport, outlet malls, Disney, random activities and fine dining. Overall worth the money.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The carpet smelled. We booked for delux two queen beds, we got two double beds. Our bath tub was clogged and we they came to unclog it it was disgusting and very smelly.

Not bringing my family hahahaha

The staff at the from desk , the staff at the restaurant .. the place was very nice and family oriented.. next trip I’ll bring my family

Location was too far from attractions. Building is too old, people left carnage outside doors and wasn’t cleaned, a/c didn’t cool of enough, there was holes on the walls outside

There was a cealing fan.

I did not like the fact that my hotel room door did not close properly and there was a one inch gap at the bottom. I also did not like finding a bug from the cockroach family in my room.

I liked the proximity to the theme parks and the water park on site.

• Room Selected at Check-In

I don’t like that you have to pay a resort fee for something you might not do. Also, the fact that if you don’t know where you are going, you could end up taking a toll road. I took one twice because the signs and hotel are very hard to see at night. I did a complete circle around Orlando just trying to get back to the hotel.

I like the overall feeling of the hotel. Decent size water park, even though it was too cold to enjoy it. I also liked that they took off the resort fee because of the temperature. I hated the idea of paying for something I wasn’t going to use, but the price was too good to pass up.

It was a horrible experience. The waterpark was wonderful but the rooms look lik it wasn’t remodeled in years to wear in the tub and sink had rust in it . Comforter was dirty inside. And the microwave was all messed up & they had false advertisement. They said it was 35& from the airport which we paid 65$ . On they cards it had a price for every park to go to but it said round trip which Tht wasn’t the truth . It was only a one way and not to mention the driver was very rude . My friend called to so him where he was when it was time to go , he answered very snotty and hung up . It was. Reasonable price but wasn’t worth it next time I’ll pay the extra money to stay elsewhere

Waterpark

There wasn’t enough staff at the pool or water park. While at the water park a fight broke out and no staff memeber was found. Someone pooped in the pool and no one cleaned it. While at the swimming pool a kid vomited and there was no staff and also no one cleaned it. Very disappointed. My fridge in my room was not working and it had mold in it.

I loved the hotels look. And the water park and pool.

They don’t offer free shuttle service to the parks as mentioned when i booked here. I had ants in my sink and roaches. My last two days didn’t have hot water no iron in my room covers looked filthy

Noisy neighbors in adjoining room. Woke our children up in the early hours of the morning. Maybe hotel could ask people to be courteous if they arrive late. Doors have loud bang and walls thin.

The staff were friendly and helpful. Children loved the Waterpark.

I didn't like that the first room we had reaked of marijuana, and the second room we had to check out early bed had BED BUGS crawling! !we have footage!

The music at the pool is too loud. Our room was right next to it. Not enough towels or wash cloths in the room.

The hotel is clean and the staff friendly. My kids loved the water park and the pool.