Reviews of The Westin at Reston Heights 4 stars

11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, Reston, VA 20191, USA

#2 of 7 hotels in Reston

Suma and Reji - Long Island NY
    • Traditional King Room

Confusing access to front of hotel. Signs for hotel entrance not complete and useful

Location, facilities and staff were excellent. Nice dining area with a wine bar.

Everyone in staff was friendly.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking wasn't optimal. Smoking around the for should not be allowed if it's a smoke free hotel. Wish there had been a fridge in the room.

Everyone in staff was friendly. Fitness center was outstanding. Definitely somewhere I would stay again.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

the bed was very soft.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff should work more on cleaning. The carpet was dirty, also the shower walls were dirty, with fungus and also cracks on the wall.

the bed was very soft. The swimming pool and jacuzzi were good,

I'LL BE BACK...
    • Traditional King Room

Although the flavor of the steak was amazing, it was not cooked properly. I can't properly digest uncooked meat therefore this situation caused me to be ill the entire day after. This was very unsettling.

Aside from the steak, I literally loved everything. The staff was awesome.

It was a beautiful clean hotel, I will stay there again but...
    • King or Twin Room - Disability Access

There should have been a fridge in the rooms. I had to throw away my left over dinner out because I didn’t have a fridge to keep it in

It was a beautiful clean hotel, I will stay there again but I will bring a cooler since there’s no fridge in the rooms

The property looks really nice from the outside and is...
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

For the reputation and value, this place was disappointing due to amenities. For example, no mini-refridgerator in the room to keep stuff cold. The rooms need upgrading (paint coming off areas of floor, etc), and the (particularly bathroom) could have been cleaner.

The property looks really nice from the outside and is surrounded by a nice condo community.

Fine but used to be much better
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Disappointing that they no longer provide refrigerator in room (was always available at Westin) also robe provided now is of much lower quality than in the past

Clean, good mattress

Always clean and comfortable.
    • King Suite

Staff was rated fair mainly because only one person was always immediately welcoming and smiling (Julie). Everyone else that I encountered seemed bothered. Additionally, I had a package delivered on a Tuesday. Stopped by the front desk Tues - nothing, they said they would look. Checked back Wednesday - nothing, told them who signed for it (again) and they said they would ask that person. Checked back again Thursday (because I was due to leave Friday) - nothing - until I finally asked Julie who actually contacted the person and located the package for me late that evening. This is not my typical experience with a Westin and I’ve been traveling for business for 20 years now.

Always clean and comfortable. The Heavenly Beds are always amazing. The pool was perfect and just the right temp. LOVED the low toilet seats in the room’s bathroom - traveling with a toddler is often challenging because they want to be able to do everything themselves and yet can’t reach anything.

It was very relaxing and wonderful stay.
    • Traditional King Room

My room wasn't ready at the time I checked in due to booking issues not the hotel's fault and were able to accommodate us without incident and the Manager on duty was very sweet and courteous (Julie).

Horrible never again- never a Westin never
    • Traditional King Room

They charged me for movies that wouldn't play, I called and called to have it fixed. They sent people to the room to fix it, one guy forgot about us and I had to call back the next day, They moved us to a new room. I asked for an upgrade for the inconvenience but got a room with a smaller view (smaller window) and the same size room ( what upgrade). the elevator was always full of pool water my son fell getting off the elevator because of it. I was suppose to have fridge in my room but no fridge, on the last day they brought it up but didn't plug it up. Chris and Oscar had a nonchalant attitude. I called a asked the front end manager Julie to remove the movies that wouldn't play, she said she would but they didn't a charge me for all three attempts for failed movies - the worst ( i have videos of the images of what we experience) it was my sons birthday so we just stayed but I really wanted to leave.

The bed was very comfortable but it had stains all over the mattress. Nasty !!!!

Was very good but couldve been excellent had there been a fridge and the bathroom floor cleaned.
    • Traditional King Room

The bathroom floor was dirty with hair and cookie crumbs. No fridge either.

The bed and pillows were amazingly soft and confortable. The shower was great too. Normally takes forever to wash my hair with hotel showers because the showerhead just mists but not here. Overall great experience.

Horrible stay
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The front desk guy was completely unprofessional, rude and stereo type. Only one person was in the front desk, number of customers were in the queue, instead of providing proper service he was arguing with customers. According to the booking.com’s instructions while booking, we can get one extra bed with pay but he was denying, saying that it’s a third party promise, advised us to contact with Booking.com as his version Westin is not liable for booking.com’s instructions! Then we had to take a king size suit with extra $30 pay. Ridiculous! Is Westin a hotel or motel?!

Not worth the money
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were giving a bedroom with only one bed and couch when we reserved a room with two beds . My kids had to sleep on couch and it was horrible

The beds were comfortable and showers were relaxing .

It was an excellent location for us and in summary we will
    • Traditional King Room

I thought I would find robes in the room. Was probably my misunderstanding. Also I did not find any shower caps with the toiletries provided There was no fridge in the room

Very clean bedding and comfy

Wine bar
    • Traditional King Room

Decided to book a second night through booking.com and notified the front desk, but they forgot to notify housekeeping, so room was not attended to while we were out for the day. Returned at 4 pm to be a bit disappointed. Also surprised no refrigerator in the designated space in the bureau.

Wine bar

The room that I was given was suppose to be non smoking but...
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room that I was given was suppose to be non smoking but it had a strong cigarette smell as soon as you walk into the room. I told the front desk and they said there is nothing they can do for me.

Nice stay.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room service menu was very limited and not appealing to the children I was traveling with. The bathroom floor was dirty.

Nice room and very nice staff. Plenty of nice towels and accessories!

Big clean room, comfortable bed, nice helpful staff
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Unstable water temprature in the shower, sometimes no hot water at all. Breakfast buffet pricy and not very good

Big clean room, comfortable bed, nice helpful staff

This property exceeded our expectations !!
    • King or Twin Room - Disability Access

The restaurant and bar staff were inexperienced.

An amazing pet friendly property. My husband and I will be using this property and Westin from now on.

This property does not reflect the high Westin standard I'm accustomed to.
    • Traditional King Room

Upon our late afternoon arrival, there was no one to assist us with our luggage. The room was very outdated and had a distinct rundown feeling, although the lobby was nice. We could not get even an in-room breakfast before our early morning flight.

The lobby looked very nice as did the bar/restaurant, although we did not get to try it since they didn't open early enough for us to have breakfast before our flight.

Great hotel for business travelers
    • Traditional King Room

Not near any SBUX within walking distance

Beautiful room. I was working on a big project and basically stayed in my room the entire afternoon. Lots of space to spread out and didn’t feel the need to get out of the room. Dinner was great in the restaurant. Good food and attentive staff.

I won’t be returning
    • Traditional King Room

Had to have my $30 breakfast redone for being made incorrectly. That was very frustrating . Not being able to watch tv was the biggest let down. Not worth returning for that reason alone

It was OK. Not the Westin standard I was expecting. Clean and comfy. Just missing the service.

While check in was good there was only one clerk there on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. My grandmother had some problems with her reservation and there were 6 people lined up behind her. No refrigerator in rooms. Bar closed early all ‘holiday’ weekend. Parking sparse and additional parking was a garage which our vehicle wouldn’t fit in. Front desk was not helpful in helping us solve the parking issue. Called for extra blanket and pillow and it was never delivered. Free coffee station was not advertised.

Check in staff, Ali was great. Room was clean and comfortable. Pool and workout area were good-long pool hours. Main reason we stayed here with kids.

Great hotel - clean, comfortable and reasonably priced.

There were only two parking spots for disabilities and they were full. The desk staff, however, offered to park our car in a different place, which was nice.

The room was very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Good breakfast in the restaurant!
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They put a hold (charged) on my credit card for over $100 for incidentals over the amount of the room upon check in. Said that I would get it back a couple of days after check out. That was not specified prior to check in. I found out because my credit card company sent me an alert.

Good breakfast in the restaurant!

It was alright.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The food was very bad both in quality, portions, wait time, choices, etc. My daughter found and insect in her food and it took such a long time for the hotel to respond. Eventually she went to bed without dinner. Also our room was not cleaned most days and when it was it was just a quick flash with no dusting and the sheets were not changed. The items in the gift store were way overpriced

Staff were friendly and accommodating

nice and convenient to DC and Wolftrap
    • Traditional King Room

Why don't you ask me if I traveled with my wife? Get real! Is it just MORE politically correct to ask if I traveled with a PARTNER? Just in case I'm LGBT I guess. REALLY? How silly!

Staff at front desk was very helpful and curtious.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

a welcome respite
    • Traditional King Room

The comfy bed. The B L and D meals were delicious. The location is great for us when we stop over enroute to the West Coast from Europe. The walking in the area is excellent too.

Peace of Mind, Pancakes and Luxury
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Arrived very late from airport with my young daughter. We were so pleased with finding such a beautiful room at a great price. Slept like a dream. Room service was wonderful -ordered delicious pancakes and a perfect omelet. Room was very spacious with everything you could ever needed. Will definitely stay again! Thanks to the kind staff.

the staff seems has attitute cos we book through booking.
    • Traditional King Room

the staff seems has attitute cos we book through booking.com and pay only 99$ she gave me 2nd floor i asked do you have a higher floor , she said that no cos you paid 99$ ..that's not nice at all

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

You screwed it up
    • King Suite

The hotel was fine but they had no record of my reservation as your company did not alert them to my arrival . Because of that it was a scary initial introduction to the hotel because of your failure to book the reservation properly with them .

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

The bed was really comfortable and the room was clean and...
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The parking garage elevator could have been marked a little better and there were no working lights beside the elevator. The entrance wasn't clearly marked so we missed the turn and had to turn around.

The bed was really comfortable and the room was clean and very nice. The hotel clerk recommended an excellent restaurant!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Take your lifejacket
    • Traditional King Room

Bed was comfy. Tub in bathroom leaked and floor in our room was soaked. We only stayed one night so didn't ask to change rooms. Told clerk. I feel this was an ongoing problem because they did not seem surprised.

close to my destination

reservations were all screwed up, I had 3 reservation that I was paying for and one of them was coming a day earlier than I and getting payment was very difficult so they could check in, could not give my card over phone.

close to my destination

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Great hotel with beautiful rooms as long as you don't need help from front desk.
    • Traditional King Room

I felt that the front desk staff was a bit "disconnected". I booked the room to be close to the hospital where I was to undergo major surgery the next day. As a snow storm was approaching, I asked the front desk person several times about the courtesy van route. I was worried about road conditions and being on time for major surgery. I asked only if the hospital was on the van's route. I was told something about checking with van driver - then letting me know something. Staff seemed occupied with matters more important than me. I never received a reply.

The facility is very modern, clean and guest-oriented. The room was extremely comfortable (even a nice bathrobe for chilly evening) with super comfortable king bed and great accessories.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

OK for business, and for a short stay. A little overrated.
    • Traditional King Room

No buffet breakfast. The breakfast choices and quality were just about OK, but I expected better from the Westin. Dinner was about OK, but a little overrated. No power-plug converter available, which is unbelievable for a business hotel with many (I guess) non-US travelers.

very comfortable beds and pillows

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Awful staff and rude service
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This was by far the worse encounter of customer service and staff I have received in many years . I am constant traveler and stayed at many hotels, but the service and efficiency at this pace is horrible. I was checking in, the staff only appeared 10 minutes later, they canceled my reservationame by mistake and could no accommodate me in another room because they already reserved for someone else . At the end of the night I demanded the room, I got it but the overall situation was beyond awful and stressful indeed.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Highly recommend
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Such a convenient location for the metro and airport. Free shuttle service within 3 miles distance of hotel. Comfy rooms and spotlessly clean.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Needed to ask for a refrigerator in the room, but they did...
    • Traditional King Room

Needed to ask for a refrigerator in the room, but they did provide us with one..

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

The rooms were poorly lit with many light bulbs not working...
    • Traditional King Room

The rooms were poorly lit with many light bulbs not working and no ceiling lighting

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Had a wonderful time visiting family. Got a great deal on our room with an upgrade.
    • Traditional King Room

Food was perfect when we ate in restaurant. Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The beds and bedding was incredibly comfortable!
    • Traditional King Room

The beds and bedding was incredibly comfortable!

Room not very clean.
    • Traditional King Room

Room not very clean. Bathroom dirty. Housekeeping poor. No mini bar or refrigerator.

The pool was very smallt

The pool was very smallt

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Lovely hotel. Shuttle bus essential for travelling to airport or into DC

Nothing in area. Not even a Starbucks

Shuttle bus

Excellent service and comfortable room
    • Traditional King Room

Very comfortable bed, nice coffee bar downstairs in the morning, friendly and helpful staff. Nice bar and restaurant with great food.

Nice property
    • King or Twin Room - Disability Access

Room was extremely damp although it rained for days.

Clean and modern.

NA

Comfy bed, clean and spacious room, very nice houskeeping...
    • Traditional King Room

Everything was very ok :)

Comfy bed, clean and spacious room, very nice houskeeping staff.

Easy chill
    • Traditional King Room

Comfortable bed, fluffy pillows. Excellent!

Easy to get to.

Easy to get to.

This is my second visit definitely coming back
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bed very comfortable and clean room

good staff

good staff

Was visiting family so didn't eat there

No refrigerator in room

Was visiting family so didn't eat there

The bar and restaurant was under staff !
    • Traditional King Room

The bar and restaurant was under staff ! The bartender was great but needed help!

Very nice staff

Very nice staff

Hidden Gem
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I love this hotel. Quiet, lots of trees around and you can’t beat the location!

It was mostly good .
    • Traditional King Room

No microwave or fridge . And we kept getting The smell of wet dog .

Comfy bed and pillows. Loved the rain shower head and the wand.

The staff was the best part of my stay
    • Traditional King Room

I got stuck there and they treated me like a friend that I needed.

Great customer service & nice facilities
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Refrigerator needs to be in the room.

This is an excellent hotel. I would highly recommend to others. Clean and extremely hospitable.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was excellent. Everyone from check-in to the bar and restaurant staff were extremely helpful.

Everything just works!

Everything just works!

Alittle small
    • Traditional King Room

No microwave. Traveling with a baby

Alittle small

my $30 breakfast was wrong

my $30 breakfast was wrong

Na

All

The front desk never answered when called and kept putting...
    • Traditional King Room

The front desk never answered when called and kept putting us on hold to never pick up.

Tea is expensive 😊

I want to thank vivian and her friends in the reception they are helpful and good hospitality .

Very did satified
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I had to wait all day and night for an extra bed and sheets and pillows for the fold out and the extra bed

The king size bed was comfy

Awesome

Excellent stopover

Quiet and peaceful

Rooms are big and clean

Rooms are big and clean

Excellent hotel. I would most definitely stay here again.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That we didn't have a working refrigerator in our room

The rain shower was my favorite part!

good hotel and service. hardly any good places to sit down with a laptop in the lobby.
    • Traditional King Room

Bad shrimp at the restaurant downstairs. Overpriced snacks.

Great room large and spacious

Great room large and spacious

Quick overnight after long plane flight

Nothing in particular