Reviews of Richmond Oceanfront Hotel 3 stars

#240 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Nice location
    • Standard Room

Pool was being cleaned 2/3 days of our stay which meant we couldn’t get in. Kind of upsetting seeing as we chose the hotel for the price and the fact that it had a pool.

Nice location

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Dated hotel, but with direct beach access + pool
    • Superior Room

Rooms very small, oldfashioned and somewhat old/mold smell in the room; can't fully control AC in the room

Good, simple breakfast; direct at the beach with free beach chairs; close to Ocean Drive/ South Beach

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Our stay was enjoyable and memorable.

None.

The hotel checked us in much earlier without any extra charge. The hotel location is excellent - everything is within 5-10 min. walking distance: Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive with their restaurants, shops, bars, etc. The hotel is right on the beach. Also, it is close to the Miami International Airport. The staff is always ready to help with whether you need clean beach towels or beach chair vouchers, need help to carry your luggage, or need a cold drink. We enjoyed the pool, jacuzzi, and landscaping at the hotel during hot afternoons when it got too hot at the beach.

Richmond Review
    • Superior Room

The pool area wasn't kept up like expected. There was black gunk above the water line that was gross. The patio is in need of repair. The noise from the construction beside the hotel was annoying, heavy equipment and back up beepers.

The rooms were clean and the price was decent. Location was good.

Outdoor pool area and breakfast area were really pretty.

Rooms smelled musty.

Outdoor pool area and breakfast area were really pretty. Convenient walk to the beach. Cute cats roam the premise. Rooms were dated and smelled very musty. Thankfully we were able to open our windows and get some fresh air into the room, with the AC going. Honestly, for the price though it wasn't that bad. Friendly staff. Steep parking rate though. $$$

I loved the location, the pool and hot tub, though the pool...
    • Standard Room

I didn’t like that there was hair in my bathtub/shower and that I had to move my room because the walls are super thin you can hear your neighbors having a conversation in normal tone. I also didn’t like that I had to have maintenance come to the room to fix the tv and the phone wasn’t working. The decor is old and needs some updates.

I loved the location, the pool and hot tub, though the pool needs some serious cleaning. Staff is friendly and attentive.

Location is the only good thing about this place.
    • Standard Room

The place is highly overpriced. It’s a cheap type of accommodation, rooms are very small, the view outside is basically non existent, crappy noisy backyard of the other buildings nearby, cleaning services are very superficial (hair all over the place), old equipment and furnishing, breakfast is the worse I ever seen in my life.

Location is the only good thing about this place.

Very POOR conditions. In DESPERATE need of renovation
    • Standard Room

I hate to write this review but I don’t want anyone to experience what I did. I really want to give this hotel a 3/10, but the staff and location has brought it up to 5. The photos and description are very misleading about this hotel. This is by NO way a 3 star hotel. I would say more like a 2 star. I’ve visited hostels that were in better condition. It’s very strange, the hotel does have ALL the basic things a hotel should have. However, it has not been updated since the year it first opened. Mildew and smelly carpets and curtains. Mold along the walls and bathroom floors. Leaking ACs. Rickety elevators. Dirty linen. Very old appliances and furniture. They claim it has Art Deco style but it’s really just old and disgusting. Floating debris in pool. Broken furniture ripped my dress. We ended up working things out with the understanding staff and checked into a different hotel near by that cost less but had been newly renovated! We couldn’t sleep there. It looked like a place where you’d come home with bugs. And the bed sank when I sat on it, like one of those old pull-out sofas. Wish I could share more photos of the grime, esp of the bed linen. If they did a small renovation on this hotel, it could be a gem! Otherwise you’re basically paying lots of money to stay at the Super8 of South Beach.

The front desk, management and lobby staff were the highlight of the property. Very nice, accommodating and helpful. Had a driveway that makes drop offs easier. Location is great. Right on the beach. However, despite all that I wouldn’t recommend anyone to stay here not even for free! After checking in, I was so uncomfortable I had to check out.

The location of the hotel is good, and the pool area was...
    • Standard Room

I booked two rooms for my family and both rooms had issues (plumbing and air con issues). When bringing up these problems we were advised by the hotel that there’s not a lot they can do for us, and were only moved rooms when we requested them. Understandably these issues are out of the staffs control however upon bringing them up the hotel took no initiative to assist in making our stay more comfortable nor did we receive any apologies for the inconvenience. The staff didn’t seem to care. Our experience at this hotel wasn’t great. And to top off, on the last day when we received our bill, we were advised that parking was $40 per day. We weren’t advised that there was any cost when checking in.

The location of the hotel is good, and the pool area was clean and well maintained. It was great that it had beach access.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

4 days
    • Standard Room

small little insects, smaller than ant, were in the bathroom. we needed the room get cleaned, but did not see any one around for cleaning in the hallway. we could call, but we did not want to call.

Staff were not informative.

it was a good get away.
    • Standard Room

The breakfast preparation. One person cook for too many guests. It took forever. I decided to leave and go to another restaurant and pay extra.

The outdoor view.

Beach location
    • Standard Room

We didn't like the fact you had to pay a 700$ deposit on a two week stay. There is nothing on booking .com or on there policy to say this is an up front payment when you arrive. Also there was no phone or coffee making facilities in the room. They have a restaurant but it finishes at around 5pm. Also wi fi is not great in the bedrooms.

We loved that the beach is right on the doorstep and the pool area was great. The location is the best thing about this hotel ŕight in the centre of everything. The air conditioning in the room was excellent too.

Good compromise if you want to be central without spending a lot
    • Standard Room

The hotel really needs a complete renovation. The staff is quite indiferent, careless.

It is a perfect place to stay if you want to be very central in South Beach (plenty of restaurants and shops nearby - walking distance to everywhere) and if you want to have pool and beach access without going out from the hotel property, without paying a lot.

Too much for mediocre accommodations.
    • Superior Room

Cramped bathroom, live roaches in the bathroom. Not a queen bed as stated. Not even close to a “superior “ room. Will never return and would not recommend to others.

The pool was very nice

A great location - needs abit of TLC.
    • Superior Room

The hotel was a little outdated. Our key cards continued to stop working through out the stay. The staff at first told us our room was a certain number than the key card wouldn't work, multiple times we went down and at the very end we were told it wasn't the room number at all, and it was laughed at.

The location was amazing, the staff were lovely to us and very accommodating at most times during our trip.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

First we got the room that suppose to be called deluxe.
    • Superior Room

First we got the room that suppose to be called deluxe. The carpet full of dirt spots, the shower 🚿 was not working. The air conditioning isn't accupit by the guests.... Then we had another room that

It was very convenient at a walking distance from all the...
    • Superior Room

The property was ok but the old building next to it was an eyesore for the rooms with the view in front of it

It was very convenient at a walking distance from all the stores and main roads

Comfortable beds, spacious and clean room, good situation (...
    • Superior Room

Long time before having hot water in the bathroom

Comfortable beds, spacious and clean room, good situation ( 5min far from Lincoln ave and 10min from ocean drive), direct access to the Beach, nice swimming pool and jacuzzi, nice employees.

Nice place to stay. Close to beach
    • Superior Room

The hallways are dark and dreary. The room has no refrigerator. The staff in the restaurant (person taking orders and the server) we’re not friendly and although they automatically charged a gratituty they did not want to serve us by the pool. Our food took so long to come out it was cold.

Staff was friendly and accommodating. We arrived much earlier than expected and they allowed us to check in right away. The pool was nice and the food at the restaurant yummy

Richmond Ocean Front is not the right Hotel to get relax and Enjoy your Vacation.
    • Standard Room

Room was dirty ( Dust in the carpet) and human hair found in the Bath tub and in the bed. The Phone in my room ( 304) has not service at all, The beer was hot !, The valet parking cost $40.00 x night and they park your car far away , so I wait over 15 minutes anytime that I used my car. There is a Public parking 3 block from the Hotel at $20 /day . Cleaning staff speak in the hallway too loud disturbing our dreams in the morning. The staff in the Cafeteria let you wait for a drink too long.

I did not like anything in the property

It was nice!
    • Deluxe Room

Martha who worked in the hotel restaurant was very rude and I felt discriminated against. I watched her engaged with Spanish speaking lodgers but was very rude and unpleasant when it came to us. I politely walked to the counter and said excuse me I was told breakfast is was FREE she told me with her finger in a rude voice you have to go ask at the desk, so I goes and ask a female at the front desk about what I was told. She stated to me to go back Martha should know what I'm talking about and if not ask to speak to her manager! Now we walks back!! And Martha goes did you ask them! Myself now pissed Martha knew exactly what I was speaking about before she told me to ask at the desk! Very embarrassing, she's works there pretty sure it wasn't her 1 day, so why send me off! And the cold buffet as stated on my bill wasn't very nasty anyway, eggs was cold, taste was cold, orange juice was warm, coffee was hard tasting, fruit wasn't all that, best thing was the ice water that I had to ask her for and she act as if she didn't want to give me that... And I also observed how she interacted with another African American women. I want say what she did to the lady plate when the lady walked off to use her phone in private, but I will anyway, she piled the guest coffee cup ontop of her plate with her food still on the plate, a guest said to Martha she's not finish she went to use her phone, once Martha seen her return she took the coffee mug off the plate and utensils as if wasn't never touched UCK!!

Bed was just to low to the floor! For the price I paid for the room.

Don't do it
    • Superior Room

The toilets was old . The room had small bugs in the bathroom. The sink knobs were falling of and only one side worked. The floors were dirty. The Jacuzzi didn't work. The continental breakfast was egg toast and coffee

Nice Pool and Jacuzzi.
    • Superior Room

Parking cost 40$ a day and it’s only valet. “street public parking” that is advertised as available cost even more! (4$ an hour) and you cannot find any. so your best choice is to look for a Parking Garage located around 15 minuets away.

Nice Pool and Jacuzzi.

The location was great.
    • Standard Room

This hotel is getting rundown. We stayed here 6 years ago and had a lot better experience. The air conditioner worked mediocre at best. The hot water was not hot.

The location was great.

Great little Art Deco hotel in a great location with a lot of history.
    • Superior Room

The renovations / noise from the hotel next door

The restaurant Manager (alderando) not sure on the spelling makes the place. Goes out of his way to ensure your breakfast / meals are spot on and has a great memory and style.

Bad experience will not repeat it,
    • Deluxe Room

1-The area is noisy, there is a building workshop, 2-the sounds of the neighboring rooms are annoying and there is no privacy inside the room, 3-the elevator is disrupted and we are inside and we tried to call and no one answers, 4- the cleanliness level is bad, 5-you hear the voices of nearby rooms and you hear clearly there is no privacy, 6- When connecting to room service no one answers,

The rooms didn’t look clean.
    • Standard Room

The rooms didn’t look clean. Not renovated inside. Only hotel I have been to in South Beach that wasn’t renovated and clean looking inside. Will not stay here again.

The location is good, a lot of restaurants and services...
    • Standard Room

The hotel was a quite out-dated and not very clean.

The location is good, a lot of restaurants and services close by. You can also get to the beach directly from the hotel.

Great location, but needs updating!
    • Superior Room

Pretty drab and outdated. Could be updated and made a lively place - but we typically went across or down the street to other places for food and drinks. The Richmond is missing out on opportunities.

Convenient access to restaurants and shopping, and direct access to the beach!

Disappointed
    • Standard Room

The room itself, doesn't look like in the pictures at all. It is much older and smaller than in the pictures. Not confortable at all. I wouldn't nether come back nor recommend the place.

Good location.

I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone, it’s good to just crash but experience is prettt terrible.
    • Superior Room

Breakfast service and food options. Cats running around in facility.

The bed was comfortable but couldn’t sleep due to all the noises , alarms going off in hotel, music being played, loud people passing by until 4:30 am. Elevator door is extremely loud as well.

The location is great.
    • Superior Room

The location is great. But that’s about it. The hotel is old and smells bad with the carpet everywhere that looks dirty. The staff is unfriendly. Nobody smiles and when you ask them for something it is like you’re annoying them. They also extra charged me for a valet parking that I never used. Be aware! (Also my bed sheets were dirty). The worst was that there was a tower crane doing some construction by the swimming pool making a terrible noise all day long. So if you wanted to spend a nice and quiet moment forget this place. I literally stayed there one night out of two and left first thing in the morning because it was unbearable. Very disappointing experience. I’m never going back there.

bed was super comfy!
    • Standard Room

Richmond needs remodeling bad!!! carpet sucked. hallway lights wayyy too dull, the bathroom tub neverrrrr drained. very annoyed by that. There are barely no outlets in the rooms. the host/concierge female staff very unenthusiastic, very unprofessional

bed was super comfy!!! the chef Gustavo is a darling!!! quick with preparing meals. quick access to beach. the beach is behind the property

Just wanted to check out the next day.
    • Standard Room

Everything. Hotel was old & rundown. Our room had an ajoining door to another room and we could clearly hear the other people and they weren't trying to be loud. Thank goodness I had ear plugs.

The two cats at the property.

The location of The Richmond hotel is exceptional and it’s...
    • Superior Room

Unfortunately several things let this hotel down. I wouldn’t stay here again in a month of Sunday’s and would recommend anyone contemplating this hotel to spend some more money and go to a better hotel. Surfcombers next door looked like a palace in comparison. My issues centred around: - the inability to handle a ‘genius’ request for a late check out. Booking.com said it had been approved but the hotel said I had to check on the leave date. As it turned out I was granted an hour extra - therefore the ‘genius’ function Booking.com offer is totally pointless. - the cleaning staff ignored the privacy please notice and checked on my room 3 times on the day of check out - the decor. Don’t be fooled. In the photos it looks decent but this hotel needs a serious refurb, my room and the communal areas looked like they needed serious attention. - staff were surly, which I found strange given they were credited as being positive, friendly and helpful by other reviewers.

The location of The Richmond hotel is exceptional and it’s beach area is great

The location is excellent on south beach.
    • Superior Room

Not sure where to start as we checked out 2 days early......Room was awful, staff not interested in their customers, very slow, no bar or food after 5 pm....No ice machine in hotel or vending machines...Corridors dark and dingy Owner refunded our last two night which was good and appreciated, but they need to shake their staff up some and revamp asap... And Oh.....Building site next door...digger was 2 ft from pool area.... IF YOU TRAVEL SOME DISTANCE THIS IS NOT AN EXPERIENCE YOU WOULD WANT TO HAVE...CERTAINLY AT LEAST UNTIL THEY REMODEL ROOMS AND DINGY CORRIDORS, STAFF TRAINING AND BUILDING WORKS STOP NEXT DOOR. We checked out after just 1 night, was a miserable experience in Miami, checked into the marseille three doors down...excellent experience there...

The location is excellent on south beach. Lobby and ground floor pleasant and back on to beach was nice.

Property in fabulous spot for walking everywhere
    • Standard Room

Property in fabulous spot for walking everywhere Shopping restaurant the works Staff where great Pool nice and beach area for hotel but you do pay for chairs and umbrellas beach was clean and beautiful water Would definitely stay again

Could be a gorgeous hotel if only some money was reinvested.
    • Standard Room

Decor, could be cleaner (pool area)

Could be a gorgeous hotel if only some money was reinvested. Boutique yes but also just 'old'. The carpets have seen better days and the bathrooms are dated. The pool area is nice but again would benefit from being refreshed It's value for money given it a location and many of the hotels nearby are being redeveloped so be warned about construction noise. It's practical as a place to put your head down and great proximity to the beach.

The hotel is overall not a total dissaster, it has nice facilities, but the lack of care is bad.
    • Standard Room

We came to the hotel afer a long flight and the room we have got had the sheets dirty. It was obvious they had not changed the sheets from guests before. So I went to reception and they told me they will bring new sheets. A guy came later with incomplete set of sheets and words: "Good luck, that's the best I can do". Those sheets he brought had yellow urinelike stains on them. We then went to reception and said we want to check out. That this is not acceptable. But we were told we are going to be charged for the stay anyways. However afterall we have been offered another room, which was already cleaned. As we went to the second room, my phone beeped with notification, that even the rest of our stay is now charged to my card. This is really not a way how to treat your guests.

Good location.

Might have been nice in its day
    • Standard Room

The reception was tired and dirty, the hallways were dark and dingy. The carpet in the bedrooms were disgusting so much so that you didn’t want to stand on it!! Photos on website must have been taken an age ago!! Ok if you just want to put your head down

The room was very old and outdated.
    • Standard Room

The room was very old and outdated. There was no microwave on the facility for guest to use. The first room faced a wall but I picked Ocean from. When asked to move i was charged an upgrade fee. When i moved to the new room which was 80% better there was construction going on all week that we couldn’t get any rest

Rooms are clean, but pretty basic (i.
    • Superior Room

Rooms could use more outlets. Plug in spots on the lamps would have been great.

Rooms are clean, but pretty basic (i.e. authentic to its roots), but it has good facilities (small gym, restaurant/bar, work area. Great location on the beach. Cool pool. A real value in South Beach!

Great value/price relationship; A must try!
    • Standard Room

The hotel needs renovation, though being an Art Deco spot, you can live with it as it stands today. Improve the food and drinks menu (people eat outside and bring their own stuff because of that); serve complimentary coffee and/or water if possible. The carpets are not nice anymore, so replacing or removing them would help improve the ambience quickly.

Lots of people have complained about this place being old and in need of a major change; however, once you get here, that is not important at all. The location was perfect (close enough to enything you need), the pool was perfect, distance to the beach is fantastic! and the front desk makes you feel at home. It does include beach chairs and fresh towels daily. Peaceful spot, away from the hard Miami noise (or just the right level). Don't get biased by harsh and pointless comments in social media: just try it and get your own opinions. My stay was perfect. I wish they had a pool bar with a low-cost choice of drinks, ha! Nevertheless, it would take away the tranquility of the place. I recived what I paid for. Again, try it for your own! I would come back here.

WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!
    • Ocean Front Room

TOTAL SCAM!!! • Unprofessional staff, dirty room, overall poor (if any) maintenance of the building, etc... • Paper thin walls, when neighbours have shower or go to toilet you feel like it's happening in your room!! In addition, there is a construction site right on the other side of the palissade - which is not close to be finished... great wake-up call with the back-up bips of trucks (that is if you have been lucky enough to have no neighbour goes to bathroom before). • Rooms look fine on website... but that is ONLY on the pictures which have either been taken 20 years ago or using extensive filters and photoshop fixing... at the end you do not get the rooms you thought you booked! • TOTALLY OVERPRICED should be a two stars hotel at best! • Also, check your bill before paying... the overcharged me USD 278,61 out of a US 489,58 stay (2 nights) would have paid USD 768,19 if I wouldn't have checked!!! (see attached copy of invoice!) • Almost forget... they didn't do the room after the first night!!!

• Ocean Front Room

Carpets are worn, dingy looking, Small rooms Bathroom old fashioned but adequate No balconies No real pool service to speak of Less expensive than nearby hotels but you get what you pay for Very average lobby, not inspiring or particularly pretty entry or common area Nothing bad, just nothing special Could not adjust AC, though it was always cool. TV very small, No coffee pot in room

Great location Everything adequate excellent lighting in the room! Great view from my large window

Position right next to the beach, free chairs on the beach
    • Standard Room

Old hotel, you hear everithing from other rooms, when talking, taking shower, splashing the toilet is like the building is getting to collapse... small beds, aircon too cold , 15 usd if you like a umbrella on the beach

Position right next to the beach, free chairs on the beach

I liked how quiet the hotel was and the staff was friendly.
    • Standard Room

There was a roach in our bathroom and our tub had black stains and I bug was also in the tub. Our TV also stopped working and we had an ongoing issue with our key cards.

I liked how quiet the hotel was and the staff was friendly. Also, the pool area in the back is very nice.

It was an ok stay, but bad experience with some staff members.
    • Superior Room

I booked a superior room, and I didn’t like that they had two twin beds pushed together to make a queen bed. The hot water NEVER got hot at all, it was more of a luke warm shower. I had requested a late checkout, but people kept knocking on our door. They did it more than once, plus had the nerve to walk in on me twice. My friend checked out before me, and left her keys. She called and asked did anyone clean the room yet, and the front desk person during the time told her that they didn’t find her keys. After 7hrs go by, they finally decided to call her after she goes home to tell her they have her keys!!!!

It was close to the places where I needed to go to, and it was bery close to the beach.

The viewe were great The beach was fun The hotel was old but the nice staff made up for it
    • Standard Room

The hotel is a bit out dated We changed rooms twice bcuz the first one was kinda dirty and worn down

The staff was nice The location was everything The cook was great & the food was delicious

It’s more an animal shelter than a hotel....
    • Standard Room

The disaster started alread at the check-in cheated by the receptionist when he offered not the room we booked. He was very unfriendly. The room was very messy and dirty. It was interesting experience to find out everything about the previous guest. (Empty bottles on the floor, long black hair in the shower, etc) The pool could have been great. We desperately enjoyed it for one minute. Surprisingly the pool was closed at 11pm (instead of 12pm promised in the hotel staff) We could hear strange constant noise (like a baby elephant tries to enter your room in every five minutes)

I paid way too much for what I really could have paid somewhere else
    • Superior Room

- The room had the A/C panel broken. Because of this, our sleep interrupted constantly by the cold air inside the room. - Restaurant service was awful, nobody cleaned the tables, food choices were disappointed. - The bottom of the pool was dirty. - Pictures on Booking of this hotel were very different to the reality.

The worst hotel in my life
    • Superior Room

We paid three times more the rates that appeared in booking. 734 $ for two nights. The room was dirty and had a bad small. The receptionists absolutely rude and unhelpful. Please choose another place if you want to enjoy your holiday in Miami Beach.

Not what we were expecting for the money.
    • Superior Room

Bathroom especially the toilet.you could barely use it so cramped.lid wouldn’t even go up and down because toilet paper in the way.also no room amenities.no coffee pot no fridge.also to many fees parking is 40 dollars a day 😫.

Pool area was nice

Loved everything about this place.
    • Standard Room

Loved everything about this place. Art Deco as expected and all surroundings on point. Definitely recommend place. Although last minute decision of bringing my 14 year old .. place is more for couples as the room are very small. Other than that the staff were great.

I will not stay there again
    • Standard Room

I didn't like the room because the room smelled really old which made my rhinitis worse. Some friends stayed at the San Juan hotel which is less than 2 mins from this hotel for the same price And the Rooms were much better than Richmond hotel.

Fantastic south beach location with beach access
    • Standard Room

the room itself was worn. could hear entire conversation from adjoining room.

the location was excellent. really like the hotel amenities lobby, pool and hot tub. access to the beach and the overall feel of the art deco area.

the location is amazing!
    • Ocean Front Room

It was not very clean: on the toilet paper holder had little hairs from men shaving 1on top... hotel states that they have a restaurant and a bar, they just do not mention that these facilities are for breakfast and lunch; chipped paint in bathroom, no ubs plugs anywhere and only found one electric outlet easily accessible in the bathroom only...

the location, location, location!

Great location, good swimming pool and jacuzzi that opens to...
    • Superior Room

Very loud as the windows weren’t double glazed, the shower the water temperature is just under warm no hot water

Great location, good swimming pool and jacuzzi that opens to late and the beach is right behind the hotel, and as soon as you exit the front door your right on the strip with all the shops and restaurants are located

The front staff was friendly enough.
    • Ocean Front Room

The ocean view was a joke. Cannot see the ocean through the trees. The whole room was the size of my master bathroom. The doorway was awkward with the 2 doors, we could hardly get our luggage through the small door way. I would NOT recommend this hotel, ever.

The front staff was friendly enough. Pool okay but in the shade most of the afternoon.

Ok value. We weren’t there for the room.
    • Standard Room

Very small entrance and valet area. Thin walls we had noisy, loud fighting next store that was unnerving.

We only stayed one night. It was small, quaint and no huddle and bustle of a big hotel. Our room wasn’t ready when we arrived but we were an hour early. We were allowed to used the property. The bartender was super nice!

Irish couple
    • Standard Room

Nothing but sorry we didn't include the breakfast

Location ..old world feel.. friendly staff.. pool and gardens fab..direct access to the beach beautiful hotel

Beachfront, beautiful pool, Staff-Gustavo, Marta, Rodney,...
    • Superior Room

Beachfront, beautiful pool, Staff-Gustavo, Marta, Rodney, Chef Junior, Fil, BB, and so many others went beyond to make our stay comfortable. Reasonable cost. Location was walking distance to restaurants, shopping and only $21.00 Uber ride from the airport.

Not the ideal business hotel
    • Superior Room

Old hotel, impossible to stop AC in my room, breakfast served in more than 30 min, elevators blocked for cleaning for 20 min during peak hour (8:30 am)

Location, swimming pool

Great Staff. Classic small Hotel at a good price. Walkable Area. Not good for Adults.
    • Ocean Front Room

Rooms starting to get a bit worn. Other guests loud and obnoxious around pool area. Noisy at night on Saturday! Windows rattling ! Area not for us anymore. We used to like the people watching but now it's getting pretty rough. No Cops anywhere.

Great location ! On the beach and a nice pool. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The price is reasonable for the area. Pay the extra and get a ocean view with a private elevator for the ocean view guest rooms.

Valet staff
    • Standard Room

Checked in to room that was overpowered by orange spray and bed had hair all in it. No wheelchair access. No hot water and tub did not drain.

Valet staff

Great value for location
    • Standard Room

Need to upgrade breakfast Valet parking was provided at high price but not enough space to accomodate pulling up to front entrance to arrange as entrance only fits two cars and was always occuppied. Need to provide a dedicated parking person. Several parking lots up the street

I am a hotel owner and seasoned traveler as reference. richmond’s top beach location makes the price worth it provide you understand: This is very old hotel with small rooms, and small old lobby and breakfast room olverlooking the nice pool.. the pool is old and patio around it is cracked in many places but it is well maintained, clean and includes a hot tub. Their own oceanfront beach provides chaise lounges and umbrellas but expect it will be crowed with a hundred people or more as are other nearby beaches. Extensive sidewalk along beach goes for miles and it is beautiful walking or biking. Breakfast is usually provided in price but offers only basic two eggs and toast and juice. Other items at extra charge. No bar but serve drinks throughout hotel. Surprisingly small room had new updated bath and accetable basic room with old windows that actually open. So at half the price of surrounding hotels it is a great value if you can accept It is an old hotel not a Marriott! I would stay again

Relaxing after a time spent with friends...and before we took off on our first cruise.
    • Superior Room

Cost of parking...but realize that we are not in the little town that we reside in....so put up with it...$40.00

Location as excellent and staff so very helpful....our room was a disappointment....old and worn...but clean and sufficient for the price. Would stay again because of the location and the people.

Only worth to stay for its locations. Hotel needs a renovation.
    • Superior Room

Hotel definitely needs a renovation. It looks fine when you walk in and staff was very friendly. But I was shocked when I saw the room itself. It was clean and bathrooms were ok too, but I had a feeling like I walked into the room that wasn’t renovated since 1980s.

Location of the hotel is really good. So many restaurants and stores around.

Overall, The Richmond was a great location and I will visit again!
    • Superior Room

There needs to be a ramp at the entrance of the hotel and an option for automatic doors. The elevator was rather small. The ice machine is on the first floor and I was on the 3rd. The bathroom is all white, but that also leaves room to show dirt on the tile, I recommend a neutral color for the floors and a polish for the tub so it can be cleaned easier. Let the guests know that beach umbrellas are not included and to have cash available to purchase (was $15 in feb 2018, not bad, just unexpected).

I loved the location and that the hotel is "oceanfront", not just ocean view. We did receive help with our bags upon arrival and the check in process was quick and simple. The style of the room was really nice, I like the decor and walk in closet. When we went to the beach we were able to get the free beach chairs as promised, just had to bring towel from the room. WiFI is included, good connection and gate code. We received a free continental breakfast.

Very friendly hotel with an excellent location
    • Superior Room

Included breakfast was very limited. There was only two options between toast with scrambled eggs or fruits with toast. Although the regularly price for the breakfast was voided on the check they added a 15 pct service charge in addition to the tips we already noted on the check.

The staff was very friendly and engaged.

Good location, not value for money, wouldn’t recommend staying.
    • Superior Room

Rooms are dated (not related to Art Deco feel, but old and tired furniture / decoration / carpets etc.). Wasn’t a pleasant environment. Bed too soft (though that’s personal preference). Biggest issue was noise form adjacent rooms, there is a connecting door and you can hear conversations / other noises loud and clear.

Good location, in the heart of Miami Beach but far enough away from Ocean Dr that you don’t get all the late night party noise. Pool was nice and easy access to the beach.

We like the location, pool and beach.
    • Ocean Front Room

We had to move rooms because our A/C was not working. The staff helped us right away with this issue and we were moved to a different room.

We like the location, pool and beach.

Great pool and spa
    • Standard Room

Need some new carpet. Bigger tv. But we didn’t come to Miami to stay in the room so for us it was perfect.

The personal was very nice and attentive. Quiet at night. The pool and spa . Direct access to the Beach with transat 👍

Highly disappointing considering there fabulous location right on the beach. Will never go back
    • Superior Room

The Hotel needs to be seriously redone. It is old, not clean especially the bathrooms that have mold around the bathtub joints. I asked for 3 days for them to turn off the airconditioning in the room as the temperature gage was not working . As a result I came down sick as a dog. The whole hotel is old and probably the aircon system is dangerously out of date. They finally changed rooms for me with a thermostate I could turn off. Also, there is no bar for a late evening drink by the pool. The breakfast is awefull!

The staff was wonderful and attentive but not efficient.

Very expensive, some staff are not expert, you don’t get what you book for.
    • Standard Room

Some staff didn’t respect my wishes and didn’t give me the room I have booked for. Checking in was hard to communicate with the man that checked me in. I wish I remember his name. He made sure to give me the worst room and after I refused, he sent me to anther a little better room. He was not nice or cheerful. I asked him to speak to the manger, but there was no manger. He can’t comunicate with anyone.

Close to everything