Reviews of Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge 3 stars

2101 West Vineyard Avenue, Oxnard, CA 93036, USA

#2 of 12 hotels in Oxnard

• Penthouse Suite

Hotel couldnt find my reservation over the phone and insisted I address problem to booking.com.Yet when I presented myself in person , there was no problem w my reservation. Initial hiccup.

Everything else. Well organised, quiet spacious penthouse, good breakfast.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

There was mold at the top of the ceiling and wall of the bathroom.

The location of the hotel was pretty close to dining and shopping. The bed was comfortable.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The lighting in the room was dependent on outside light. The positioning of where lights were seemed off.

They were very accomdating I needed butter and he went to get without making it seem like an imposition. Late check was needed due to soccer game and they allowed.

The beds were too hard

The rooms were really nice. Had a kitchen so you could cook. The layiut was good. We stayed in the penthouse. Enough room n privacy for 2 adults n 2 kids huge bonus. There were 2 bathrooms!!!!!!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

There was a older hair dryer in my room. When I used it, a piece of plastic shot out and cut my face. It wasn't a horrible cut, but it did draw blood. I told the staff and had to do an incident report but no follow up from them. Seemed they saw it more as a issue to take care of than a person who was hurt from their facility.

Feels like converted condos into hotel rooms. Lots of room with everything you could need. Quiet and away from city street noise

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

the noise. the A/C was next to the window where the bed is. The refrigerator kept going on in the middle of the night. also, no parking if you can in late at night.

very clean. great shower.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

This place is the best place to stay in Oxnard, by far! Its our new "home away from home"! The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. The staff is great and the hotel daily mixers and guest amenities are fantastic. If you're traveling to Ventura County, stay at this hotel!

More time needed

I loved my stay and the company I was with and the bed was extra comfortable as and even though I woke up quite a few times it was the best sleep ever😊🌹

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Not up to Marriott standards. Advertised High-speed Internet but was dial-up and worthless. Basically NO Internet. Told it was old technology and couldn't be fixed without tearing up parking lot. Room was maintenance nightmare--no stoppers in sinks, no hot water in kitchen, broken down couch, desk chair broken, large water stain over bed, cabinet board under sink was propped up (not attached), phone line problem. Phone rang for no reason day and night. Two guys would come to push buttons and say "fixed". After they left, phone would ring again. Went on for 5 days before phone company was brought in. Asked for Manager and told "Closest thing to management was the Kitchen Manager". Decided to leave early due to above problems and was hassled at check-out due to Bookings.com's non-refundable booking policy. Had to pay higher rate!

Breakfast was good.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Would have like my request to have an upstairs room granted.

Clean, comfortable accommodations. Friendly, professional staff. Great breakfast. Surprisingly good dinner incuded M-T-W nights. Ample parking.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Washrooms in our room could have been more updated.

The breakfast and upkeep of area was phenomenal! Never had the variety, quality and attentive staff in any other hotel in our many hotel stays! Keep doing what you do because the hospitality was excellent!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

the staff seems not very focus when i checked in and check out. I haven't got the receipt they committed to send me and my stay hasn't been captured under my membership even after 10 days i checked out. I asked the hotel to set up the sofa bed via booking.com. but, seems they have no idea about that

all 2 stories houses in this hotel. love it. Room size is very good.

• Penthouse Suite

One leg of the kitchen table was badly broken and could hgave created a disaster!

Excellent penthouse floor plan. Comfortable beds and nice pool. Friendly guests, too!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The location is in a residential neighborhood that is not very convenient to shopping or dining.

Exceptionally clean, comfortable property with a friendly helpful staff. I'm a big fan of Residence Inns by Marriott in general, but this property really stands out in terms of the quality of the rooms, the overall upkeep, indoors and out, and the friendly service. They provide complimentary drinks at happy hour, always nice, and sometimes some complimentary food as well. Last time I was there instead of the complimentary happy hour food they had a local Mexican vendors preparing tacos along with other Mexican dishes outside on an open grill. You had to pay for these in cash, but the food was not expensive, and quite good. I admire the management at this property for offering something quirky and fun like this.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

I would have liked for breakfast to be offered until a bit later.

All Residence Inn by Marriott properties are wonderful and extremely convenient. What I especially like about this property is that there is a 7/11 that is open 24 hours next door (practically on the property) and a variety of restaurants near by , some of which deliver.

• Penthouse Suite

Honestly there wasn’t anything I didn’t like!

Huge apartment-like rooms, perfect for 2 couples staying there. Everything was very clean, staff was very helpful, bed was comfortable, everything was great! Also the later checkout time (noon) was great!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The checkin clerk did not explain that there are multiple units per bungalo, which got us confused when we went to look for the room.

very nice breakfast

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

boiler leaking onto carpet. first was told no room change: full. then maintenance came and told front desk, all of a sudden they had a room to change to. had to pack at 9:30pm to change rooms that ended up a handicap room that was completely uncomfortable and inconvenient. not a good experience. only reason we would stay again is because my husband likes it. i would not stay here again.

location, no hallways to walk down

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The most rude staff I have EVER encountered in a hotel, room was large but right next to road, dark to get there too which was not great for female traveling alone. And did they ever hear of double hung windows? Grounds were disgusting, messy. Location was awful, hard to find places to go for food, and of course no help from the staff. Hated this hotel, just hated it.

Absolutely NOTHING

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The path to take the luggages from the room to the car was a bit tough.

My parents had stayed in this hotel before and they recommended for me and my wife. In the night we arrived, we had a problem in our room. The staff gently helped us and changed our room right away. Then they contacted us to know if everything was good. The attention they gave certainly made me mark this hotel to come back in the future. The breakfast is great, the room is big and has a great kitchen as well. Another great point is that you are close to Camarillo Outlet and close to Walmart, Marshalls, Target, Ross, Best Buy and so on... You can easily stay in this hotel for a week.

No Coca Cola products Only Pepsi products

Loved the very comfortable bed Very nice shower head! Plenty of space. Great little kitchen area. Nice pool and jacuzzi

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The Breakfast was a little chaotic & the staff didn't seem to be friendly, approachable or keep the tables clean. When we arrived for breakfast there were several tables empty but not cleaned off & it was only after we waited & asked that the staff went to clean them.

The rooms were spacious & comfortable!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

the first room we were assigned smelled. but they apologized and assigned us with a different room.

the rooms are comfortable and clean. staff is respectful and helpful. we had an issue in our room: tub and sink clogged and coffee maker moldy. they gave us a discount for our trouble. problems come up at all hotels but the difference is how the staff handles it and treats their guests. this staff out measures the staff at the competition (hilton homewood suites)

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The staff was amazing! When they saw the height and size of our grandchildren they put us in a two-level room extremely close to the pool with a room that was big enough for everyone. They were awesome!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Wish the spa was bigger.. can only fit about 4 adults in so if anyone else was using it, we couldn't go in.. The breakfast room was set up a little weird: for example, the plates were in the middle of the buffet instead of at the beginning, so it was awkward having to cut in front of people to get plates and silverware. But the food was good.

Liked that it was a comfortable apartment style hotel room. It was a really large room with a nice kitchen and plenty of space for our group. Breakfast was good!

We were in building 30 and the street noise was very loud in the early AM

I loved the cleanliness of the whole property, impressing layout and room layout. Full kitchen, nice couch and dining table. Kitchen has dishes, full size fridge, very nice for a king suite. Breakfast is also great and complimentary!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Not enough pillows and needed a luggage rack to put your suite case.

Only stayed one night but it was clean and very comfortable. Will be going back when I come this way again. Very Nice Place to stay

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

I didn't realize the room was a king and a sofa sleeper. We arrived to the property late with our three children and I was disappointed to see I had to make the bed up. Additionally, there weren't sheets in the room so I had to request them and wait for them to be delivered. The first time housekeeping came, they brought blankets instead of sheets. I would have preferred a hotel with double beds and would choose that over this in the future. We were also in a corner of the property and because we arrived late at night, there was no parking near our room so my husband dropped us off with our stuff and then went to park. This hotel was fine, but not somewhere I'd stay again.

The breakfast was great. Lots of good quality options. Pool shut down promptly at ten (a plus since it was right outside our window).

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

There was some cracked tile in the bathroom & our room received a phone call from the front desk in the middle of the night that was for a guest in another room. This is the first time I have ever had any issues at this hotel.

I have always loved staying here! The pillows are my favorite & the breakfast is great!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Penthouse Suite

On our arrival we got a crib and asked for a cleaner one I believe if the properties were to just invest in a hot steam cleaner the can get sanitized ask another crib all the same so i went out and baught one Night befor my departure not all towels were replaced it was to late at night to make a call. did tell the frontdesk upon departing as to not get charged for someone's mistake. Over all enjoyed the stay.

Breakfast was very good Room was clean staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

No tv controller had to call then told to look around there wasn't one. Not enough towels looked like a quick clean up job. For the price I paid for the room it should have been immaculate

The air conditioner was nice

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• King Studio with View

You should get the hotel reservation number and give it to customers in our Booking.com reservation. The staff who answered the phone was nice but, should have been more thorough in looking for my reservation. He could not locate it with the Booking.com reservation number or my last name. After a lot of stress; connecting to several locations and many minutes, the super wonderful person in Marroitt reservations, found my reservation. Part of my last name had been entered as my middle name. She corrected it and gave me the Marriott reservation number to give to the hotel. I almost didn't go to the hotel because I was told they did not have a room in my name. I would have been charged for the booking and would not have used booking.com again because the person who answerd thought the issue was that I went through a third party to booking site.

Full fridge with ice maker - awesome! Great room; location; kitchen even had a stove top.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Nothing special.

I had a duplex with beds and bathroom upstairs and downstairs. Way too big for me alone but would be very nice if coming with my family.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• King Studio with View

Breakfast was horrible, and very crowded.not a deal-breaker just a let down.

Will definitly rent again. Space between rooms, like condos almost. Didn't hear anyone the whole night.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

They can do with a small eatery in the property.

The location is good. The staff is very friendly. I travelled without car and they took care to move me out for dinner.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast is crowded but that should be expected since it is part of the deal.

Everything about this place is great! We've stayed here before and it hasn't disappointed us yet.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

None all great!!

The courteous staff, location and all the amenities!! Breakfast was very convinient. If I could rate higher than a five stars I would. It's been a very long time that I've been very pleased with an establishment like the Residence Inn by Marriott. I'll definitely recommend to our staff members head out this way for future training.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Penthouse Suite

I wasn't happy with the gentlemen that greeted us when we arrived for our breakfast. We had a penthouse and he questioned how many guests were in the room because we had children with us. I was a little offended by that.He had us check with the front desk to see if we had to pay extra, and the front desk was totally fine with us.I hope I dont have to deal with someone like him again at my next visit.

The front desk people were awesome, my check in was super fast and they even let me check in early. Highly recommend this place! This is my second stay here and I will visit again.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

There seemed to be a lack of parking in our area so sometimes we had to park over by the lodge where you check in and walk to our residence.

We enjoyed meeting people at the grill out and going to breakfast in just a few steps.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The two things that I didn't like both were in the bathroom. The toilet was small and low to the ground. I have a bad back which makes it hard to use. Then the shower, you didn't have a hose on the shower head and the water kept backing up in the tub. So we were standing in dirty water.

We were amazed how nice it was. The comfort and how clean it was. It was like our first apartment we lived in before we got married. We didn't want to leave the room. How big the room was,and the bathroom. I didn't realize that we would have a full kitchen. With dishes and pots and pans. The breakfast was great. The staff was amazing! We are definitely staying here again!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

At breakfast lots of choice. Healthy options readily available and special treats too. Staff very friendly. I had a problem with my phone, Gabriel at reception gave useful advice and then contacted IT support for me. All sorted quickly, so pleased!

• Penthouse Suite

Steps and rails leading to room full of cobwebs, etc. Outside window screen was hanging off (maint should have noticed-we did) Breakfast selections lacking

Two-bedroom suites Close to restaurants and beach Big area for complimentary breakfast Friendly staff Good parking

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The pool could have been a few degrees warmer for me but it really didn't take long to get used to it.

Breakfast was great! The bed was comfy and the spa was always warm and ready.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

At check-in I handed my booking confirmation to the reception. (I booked 2 pre-paid rooms ).After getting the keys I entered one these rooms only to find another family already in the room (getting changed etc !) They were a bit surprised ...so was I .... as this is a serious lack of security. ( imagine yourself going out for the evening and reception handing your room keys to other guests ! On returning to reception, I was then advised that according to their records, I had booked 3 rooms with different names....these being mixed up...ie one was my surname and the other was forename ? I was also told the room I entered was "something to do with the manager" ? but did not expand further than that. I then discovered they were trying to take payment for this third room ( which I did not book) It all seemed a bit suspicious to me and not the service you would expect from a Marriott hotel. The breakfast was also horrible and we had to wait in a long line to get a mushy egg breakfast etc and a table to sit at...( they had a conference booked which seemed to take up the whole hotel thus I feel they should have separated non conference guests from that experience ) This was not a good start on our first day of our USA tour !

Room size was good

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The two pools are very small and they were packed with kids that were not in any way following any rules. There is one bbq that was very dirty and there were flies and bugs all around the trashcans.

The breakfast was wonderful. The front desk staff was very friendly. The location is perfect.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Wanted quiet room, so they gave us room above busy parking lot with lots of car, foot traffic and talking and also below us was the spa, which thank heavens was COLD and no one used, despite front desk telling us to use their nice warm spa outside our room. Ha!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Nothing .... everything was Great

The breakfast was very good The bed the best support I call about tv not working and They came out promptly and remedy The problem ....

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

They allow tennis instructors to book the tennis courts so that residents cannot use the facilities. They appear to have one or two BBQs for a rather large facility, so it is always occupied. They allowed people to park cars in the basketball court so that the court could not be used.

The staff was courteous.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Construction blocked some parts of the property. Slightly isolated from anything else.

Great, large room with kitchen. Staff was very pleasant and accommodating.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Room was spacious and very comfortable!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The hair dryer was old and very noisy.

The staff was amazing, very friendly. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast was great.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

It was a great location to the wedding venue

Room was clean and cozy

• Penthouse Suite

The tooms wetter perfect for our family,

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Great service. Breakfast provides a variety of food fir all.

Very good breakfast.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

I had a hard time finding a parking spot.

I liked that it was quiet and so clean

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

A Room for 4 is not a room for 4. The sofa is too small - there should be 2 beds

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Separate buildings with direct car access

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Screen door was broken and room was not very clean.

NICE AND CLEAN

Breakfast was not exceptional

The outdoor heated pools were very nice

Nothing but good

Everything was wonderful, from check in to checkout will definitely be going back

Noise through the walls

Friendly staff. Large rooms

• Penthouse Suite

Bed was a little uncomfortable. Bacon was not an option at breakfast

Pillows were fluffy. Room was spacious and the A/C was AMAZING

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

There wasn't anything that I did not like about The property

Loved how all of the employees were very nice and caring. It was beyond clean!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast time needs to be extended. 9:30 is too soon to finish breakfast service.

noisy

very clean

Staff was very accommodating

no onsite restaurant/lounge

beautiful grounds and the individual buildings are grouped around small pool areas

• Penthouse Suite

Fireplace had a smoky smell

Liked layout of room.

• Penthouse Suite

Would of liked the master bedroom and loft

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Only thing that could be better would be a lower price.

Staff was very helpful with finding restaurant and in getting airline tickets.

Shower didn’t work