Reviews of River Canyon Lodge 2 stars

71 West 200 North, Moab, UT 84532, USA

#33 of 50 hotels in Moab

• Junior Suite Two Queen beds

Wished they would have provided a breakfast , even though most rooms come with a kitchenette we were only there for 1 night and we love the convenience of a continental breakfast

The location was great! Very close to restaurants and very close to Arches National Park

• Standard Double Queen Room

I was disappointed with the general lack of modern updates in the rooms. Specifically, the outlets were broken and could not hold any of the chargers for our phones or my computer. The bathroom outlet also tripped once something was plugged into it. They really should add some USB ports and fix the outlets. Also, we were disappointed there wasn't a coffee maker in the room. Even though (luke warm) coffee is in the lobby, it's nice to be able to make a cup while waking up.

The hot tub was very nice. The location was also very easybto find and convenient to the main road without being on the main road.

• Standard Queen Room

Booked sight unseen. On site staff were great w helping me book a night on either end of a 5 day river trip. I did not even try to access your wi GI but appreciated that it was offered

• Standard Queen Room

Linens were worn and threadbare. No coffee in the room. A/C was sufficient but noisy. Room was much smaller than shown in Booking.com listing. Overall, a disappointing experience we would not repeat.

Good shower and comfortable bed

• Standard Queen Room

I wish breakfast would’ve been included at the hotel but they did provide a $5 voucher to the Pancake Haus and that was a nice surprise.

Location, affordability and cleanliness.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Lighting in kitchenette area was horrible. Some bulbs were out, some in harsh white light, others in more tolerable yellow/soft light. Decor was clean but very dated and felt like a nursing home or dated hospital room. Furniture on the patio was uncomfortable and falling apart. Not sure if they were replacing the jams around the patio door, or if it was just falling apart. Staff was not welcoming and barely acknowledged my presence at checkout. There were two staff at the counter and one clearly was not helping customers. I wasn't greeted, not even a good morning, and was not asked how my stay was. I was offered a receipt and said thank you with no reply.

Room was extremely clean and very spacious. Beds were comfortable. I liked that there was a patio. There were hard wood/pergo floors which I appreciate over carpet. Location was great and there is ample parking.

• Standard Queen Room

No breakfast, small room, floor had not been properly vacuumed (clipped nails and candies on the carpet for both nights).

Good location within Moab, good value for money (for Moab's standards).

• Standard Queen Room

Staff acted like they didn’t want to be there. Don’t believe the mattress size. Didn’t clean our room the first day, which lead us into the habit of telling desk we would be out of the room so they could clean. Ridiculous small standard room with very small bed. Good shower head.

Air conditioner worked

• Junior Suite Two Queen beds

The coffee in the lobby was extremely weak. The elevator had a big coffee spill in it that never got cleaned up. Elevator broke down and when brought to the attention of the staff it took a while for out of order signs to go up. Not a big deal but it should have been immediate

The kitchenette island was a plus Nice floors in rooms: not old carpet. Friendly staff

• Standard Queen Room

Staff never made us feel welcome and check-in experience was awful.

Location is great and in-room fridge/microwave was nice to have. Other than a dirty towel in the room on check-in, housekeeping was good.

• Standard Queen Room

Moab surrounded by mountains. Easy walk to everything. Hot tub in the rain. Sign in the lobby says "Please don't wipe your jeeps and bikes with room towels. Use these clean rags, instead." Love it.

• Standard Queen Room

Room was intolerant small The single queen bed left very little standing room on each side. The closet was a fibreboard stand alone taking up more of the small space. No room for suitcases. Put one on the desk and the second in the closet. There was no carpeting only cheap vinyl which was not cleaned during our stay to vacuum up sand spilled from our shoes after a day of hiking. Staff was rude and slovenly looking. The price was exorbitant. They offered only coffee in the morning

• Standard Queen Room

Small rooms and the sheets and towels were threadbare and definitely need to be upgraded. The availability of coffee in the lobby at all times seems like a nice amenity but the coffee was abysmally bad. The general manager by her own admission is clueless about how to improve the coffee.

Convenient and quiet location.

• Standard Queen Room

I arranged for a late check out at noon, as I arrived at midnight. The person I talked to on the phone said it was fine. But when I arrived, another person said it's not possible. I would not have booked this hotel for a business trip if that was the case.

• Standard Double Queen Room

Although I would say it is a good value by comparison to other hotels, all hotels bumped up prices for spring break...$140 is too much for the room amenities.

Being able to walk to restaurants and shops; nice big hot tub, helpful staff recommended Moab Brewery

• Standard Queen Room

Bed was not comfortable and too small no coffee in room(for the price we expected a coffee maker). Hair dryer only used once & started to burn up after a few minutes(scary!). Will look for better facilities next visit to Moab.

Not much!

• Standard Queen Room

There is no breakfast provided at the hotel. Given that most tours start at 8 AM in the morning, the first thing you want to look for is a decent place for a breakfast. The lodge pedals Pancake Haus and gives $5 off for going 4 blocks down, when one of the best restaurants for breakfast is right across the street. Beds could be more comfortable. Rooms are tiny.

Location. Very close to most tour companies and restaurants. Ample parking.

• Standard Queen Room

My reservation couldn't be found at first and fortunately there was an available room. For my inconvenience I was offered a discount. After I returned from a meeting a couple of hours later I was informed that my reservation was found and they took away my discount and charged my the original higher price. It was the price that I agreed to but I would have thought for the inconvenience they would have kept the discount in effect. Nice guy though.

I was only there for an overnight stay. It was conveniently located for my needs.

• Junior Suite Two Queen beds

Mainly personel, when they speak English they dont really care, facilities maintenance, age of facilities shows, Internet questionable, pricey for what they offer

• Standard Queen Room

Could not connect to WiFi with android tablet. Swimming pool gate catch is not safe. To open gate, you need to reach up high, then pull gate toward you, which means stepping backwards down steps. No free breakfast. Instead we were issued a voucher for $5 off breakfast at Pancake House, 4 blocks away, if we spent at least $10.

Heated pool and hot tub

see the above!

The location of this establishment was perfect, in the center of town & within walking distance to everything! The room was small, but very neat and clean. The staff . . upon check-in, the young lady at the check-in counter was very friendly and professional. The night & relief staff, not so much! One tall, thin gentleman i had occasion to speak to had a "deadpan" expression on his face and looked like he might possibly be in some sort of pain. Quite frankly, he just wasn't interested in me or my question! the facility was just great! In spite of my being ignored, i would stay there again because of the facility & the location!

• Standard Queen Room

Well, the tv remote and telephone in the room didn't work when I arrived. The young guy at the front desk who was staring at his computer screen was helpful with giving me a new remote but he was not especially friendly or outgoing. He suggested I jiggle the phone cord to make it work. I did that and called him when the remote still didn't work. I was able to make the call but when he answered he couldn't hear me so he hung up. WHen I went back downstairs he gave me another remote but told me he couldn't fix the phone. I could hear sound from the room next door and I imagine they could hear me also. In the lobby there was coffee and tea service in the morning but there was no herbal tea, only black tea. The other person at the front desk when I walked through on my way out or back in never looked up and said hello. Generally not a very friendly experience.

The location is convenient to the main part of Moab.

• Standard Double Queen Room

Would be nice to have a snack or simple breakfast items in the lobby but it was not expected. Coffee was available. Pets not allowed.

Allowed bikes to be stored in the guest room. Even provided rags to wipe things down. Very clean, quiet, and nice hot tub.

• Standard Double Queen Room

The dang AC unit is pretty loud. The curse of many otherwise good hotel rooms.

Lowest price I could find during busy season in Moab, but definitely not lowest quality. Clean and friendly.

• Standard Queen Room

The fridges have changed. They used to have a freezer. We bring our own cooler and reusable ice blocks but we couldn’t freeze them because there are new little fridges with no freezer.

Clean room. Great location — walking distance from our fave breakfast paces and Arches Thai.

• Standard Double Queen Room

The pricing was competitive considering it was Jeep safari weekend and lodging was limited. Rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and informative. We liked the privacy of the hot tub and pool. Exactly what we wanted after a fun day of mountain biking! We'll be back!

• Standard Queen Room

We were satisfied with everything.

Great location - close to Arches National Park, CanyonLands N.P. Colorado River, Dead Horse Point, etc. Staff was very friendly, recommended us many other places to visit. Rooms were clean, comfortable beds, bathroom clean, great heating system, so the room got warm quickly. Fridge and microwave very also very useful.

• Standard Double Queen Room

Breakfast included would have been nice, but the Love Muffin Café was just around the corner.

The room was very clean and spacious. The location was perfect for easy walking to downtown and easy access to the local bike routes.

• Standard Double Queen Room

Bathtub was clogged. Water kept backing up around our feet. Fridge froze all our food, could not adjust. Front desk guy was not friendly, seemed like someone was holding a gun behind his back to do the job. Hotel is overpriced for what you get, just like everything else in Moab.

Comfortable beds. Sufficiently clean. Good wi-fi speed. Continuous coffee and hot water supply in the lobby was nice, even though the coffee was not always hot. Location was good, walking distance almost all restaurants and shops in Moab.

• Standard Queen Room

No pets allowed and i brought my service dog. The room we had was accessible but I had to move the door just to get all the way in and back and forth while I was in there. It was annoying. Also the night guy was smoking marijuana with guests in the first couple of rooms, it reeked of marijuana as we had to go to our room at the end. Tv didn’t work well and the heater was extremely loud

Very clean day staff was friendly

• Standard Queen Room

Room was small, toilet broke down, the blowdryer didnt work (but it still had electricity so it was dangerous). Staff hardly talked to us.

Location, easy to find. It was one of the cheapest compared to the others in Moab. Moab is a nice town and you’re within an hour drive from Canyonlands and Arches.

• Junior Suite Two Queen beds

The light in bathroom was broken. We were told it took a minute to warm up to go bright, but by 10pm (time for bed) it did not work at all. We showered in the dark the next morning!

The staff was friendly and let us check in early. They gave some great advice on where to eat etc...

• Standard Double Queen Room

Pool could have been a bit cleaner, had a bunch of leaves from trees.

Great location, in town but not directly on the main st. Nice room. Staff had good recommendations.

• Junior Suite Two Queen beds

Light was broken when we checked in and they told us to leave it on for a minute, it needed to warm up... by 10pm when we were ready for bed, it didn't work at all...

The light in bathroom did not work but the rooms were nice, mattresses and furnishings were older, but overall it was comfortable

• Standard Double Queen Room

The manager was rude and discourteous and scary. We were bitten all over bodies by bugs and the bites turned into welts which we still have three days later. Will never stay there again, it was a nightmare. The two male staff and cleaning staff were sweet, but the management is awful.

• Standard Double Queen Room

Lots of parking although if you get back past 6 you're parking around the side of the building and walking a bit to the hotel.

Great location, very central to downtown and a short drive to Arches National Park.

• Standard Queen Room

This place works because it’s in Moab—you don’t need to spend a ton of time in the room because there are so many things to do. It was VERY noisy, the people next door were playing music all night and we could hear it like they were in the same room as us. Otherwise, it’s in a great location, staff was friendly and helpful, and was easy to walk to town.

• Standard Queen Room

Hotel hallways are basiclooking and takaway the flair the entrance has. Rooms are basic however value for money when we were staying there end nov was just ok

Location to centre of town and to the national parks

• Junior Suite Two Queen beds

Management was rude and impatient- poor attitude with raised voice, shaking her head at us as we were trying to simply sort out billing questions. Bathtub was also very slow draining. Housekeeping felt a bit pushy as they were trying to clean rooms before check out time.

• Standard Queen Room

Soda machine 2nd floor didn’t work.

Clean, good service, accommodations appropriate for price, close to where I needed to be. Soda machine didnt work on second floor. Early coffee !

• Standard Double Queen Room

Arrived to room and it was not clean; beds weren't made and there was a bad odor. Returned to front desk to request new room, received no apology.

Fine for what it is and one night

• Standard Queen Room

The beds were old and uncomfortable . The sheets were scratchy.

The hot tub was amazing , so big . The room was spacious and clean . Hotel was within walking distance of restaurants and shopping.

• Standard Queen Room

It was TINY, it was half the size of a normal hotel room. The mirror along one wall didn't change the feel in the least. The flat screen TV helped, if not for that the room would have been even smaller. But the worse part was the bed! I almost lifted the sheets to see if it was a mattress since it felt like a board!!! No give, no softness!!! I woke up every morning in pain from how hard the bed was!!! I even woke up several times in the night since rolling over on such a hard bed was painful. Sleeping on the hardwood floor might have been more comfortable. Don't stay here if you have any back issues, or bring your own mattress topper.

It was easy to find. Good location. Felt secure. Clean rooms.

• Standard Queen Room

I could hear every sound through the walls in the tiny little room . And uncomfortable little bed. It was the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. Could tell it was the cheapest built building possible. Paper thin walls, tinyest room and cheap furnishings.

It was nice leaving and seeing the town in the rear view mirror every morning. Moab is a place for outdoor adventure, motorcycles, Jeep 4x4 and rock climbing and hiking through the canyons.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The kitchen equipment was pretty basic and could use some additions, for example soupspoons and a cullender.

Spacious apartment with two seperate bedrooms, kitchen facilities and a nice balcony. Friendly staff at reception, free coffee. Fast WiFi.

• Standard Queen Room

Staff could be friendly. They didn't interact with guests at all. Didn't ask how stay was. Didn't thank us for staying there.

Room was clean. Beds were comfortable. Good location.

• Junior Suite Two Queen beds

The staff was very unfriendly. Every front desk associate we talked to seemed like they were bored or didnt want to be bothered. When we asked them questions, they answered in a tone that said the answer should be obvious

The room was very comfortable

• Standard Double Queen Room

No ironing board/iron....need to update carpeting in the hallways and elevator (stinky)

Very clean floor in the room....liked the rags to clean off your car etc.....

• Standard Queen Room

The rooms are small and the staff is not as welcoming and friendly as in other places.

This location is excellent - easy walk to the many dining options in Moab.

• Standard Queen Room

The bed was uncomfortable. The size of our one bedroom apartment was minuscule. We had great deal of trouble positioning our luggage in the room. We sought a possible change to another larger room and were informed that it wasn't possible. To us, it seemed that the staff were disinterested in our request. We heard people in the above room as they walked around in their room. Overall, we were very disappointed with the value of this lodge and happy to move on.

• Standard Queen Room

The pillows were short fat things that were not comfortable. Our alarm which we did not set or even mess with, went off at 12:30 in the morning. We finally figured out how to unplug it to shut it off. After that I could hear the people in the next room talking. The street noises were fairly loud compared to other hotels in Moab where we have stayed. In general, I would say the room was adequate but small and noisy.

The location is good situated in center of town. It had coffee available all the time but not always real hot and not in the room. There were a refrigerator and microwave in room.

• Standard Queen Room

Very expensive hotel, 143 dollars a night, room only for a small room. Maybe that's the going rate for Moab as it's full of tourists and there is little choice other than Moab. Feels like I was ripped off

• Standard Queen Room

This hotel did not honor my reservation of a standard room with 2 queen beds and tried to give me a tiny 1 queen room, because all the 2 queen rooms were taken. They argued with me about my reservation despite the booking.com app showing my confirmation for a standard 2 queen room. After much discussion, I ended up in a jr suite, but was charged a higher price than my confirmation. And by the next morning, my original reservation confirmation was changed by the hotel to a 1 queen room to justify the increased rate. I essentially was called a lair by the desk clerk the next morning despite the fact that I had showed the night clerk my reservation for 2 queens the night before and he had told the manager that my confirmation was for 2 queen beds the night before.

• Standard Queen Room

Addition of a breakfast room would be a big plus. Did not appreciate cleaning and maintenance of ice machine at 1am (hotels are supposed to provide safe and QUIET environment for their guests).

Quiet position in side street but right in the centre so shops/restaurants all walkable to. Good size rooms. Reasonable size pool with lots of seating/towels.

• Junior Suite Two Queen beds

Unpleasant staff. Coffee facilities poor. Towels could have been cleaner.

Staff weren't the most pleasant unfortunately. We were driving across the states and when you finally choose to pull in and stop for the evening you at least expect to get some smiles and politeness from the hotel staff. This really wasn't the case here! However the parking offered was literally outside our hotel patio doors which was a bonus for our luggage. Coffee facilities in the room were poor.

• Standard Double Queen Room

Room was small. Bathroom tiny. No breakfast served. Staff was ok but not overly helpful.

Location was great. Short trip to Arches and Canyonlands parks.

• Standard Queen Room

Very pricey for the quality of the room. Room was small and difficult to get around in, lighting was terrible. No breakfast included. We've stayed in much nicer places for about half the price.

Location off the main drag - quiet, near a nice restaurant. Not pet friendly, though we thought they were and had our dog. They let us stay anyway.

The room (2queen beds) was a bit tight quarters

The pool was great for the boys to play in! Especially on such a hot day! Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Queen Room

The staff at check-in didn't seem to care much about their customers. Quite unfriendly and matter-of-fact. Staff in the restaurant similarly just "went through the motions" of serving. We stay two nights; that was enough. The "heated pool" was unheated and not very clean; also much smaller than suggested by the photos. We had asked for adjoining rooms but one of our two rooms was in a separate building about 1/4 mile away. The rooms in the separate building were dark, very noisey Air-Conditioner. It seemed clear to me tha the staff/owner didn't care about customers because there will always be new ones coming along. It's clearly just a stopover place.

It was cheaper than the Hotels right by Grand Canyon, so what we saved paid for a great steak at the E-Steakhouse!! Don't bother eating at the Grand Canyon Lodge, as it's really not that good.

• Standard Queen Room

We were immediately greeted by a sign at the reservation desk that said no late check outs, no exceptions. The front desk staff seemed disengaged and disinterested. Rooms are super basic, not very roomy or comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room

Room needs serious updating. It was dirty as well. Amenities were way outdated for the price and for how they present themselves on line. The staff were non friendly. They said they provided hot coffee 24 hours a day. No matter when I checked it was always cold or Luke warm and never fresh. The interior was really dirty. Needs a major facelift. It was the most expensive Hoyle I've stayed at in my 2 weeks of traveling and by far the property that was the dirtiest and didn't offer any amenities such as breakfast. Pool was dirty and hot tub didn't work. The only thing this hotel has going for it is the location.

• Standard Queen Room

Rather expensive like all hotels in Moab.

Centrally in Moab do best place to start a visit, climatic place with swimming pool until late. Good for one night between two parks

• Junior Suite Two Queen beds

we had a problem with the car, the lady with the black hair insist to not call the service that should be in the room at our charge (instead call from the hotel to the office in the same village), so we try but the phone not working in the room. not a good approach as customer service

position

• Standard Queen Room

The only bad thing was the surface around the pool was very VERY hot. I'm not really sure what can be done about that.

Very nice place to stay, we needed a room at the last minute during our trip. The pool was great as well as the spa. Would definitely stay again.

• Standard Queen Room

We didn't like the stained carpets in the communal areas, the lack of a coffee machine in the bedroom and no breakfast was offered - not even fruit. The staff was not very friendly and the unlimited coffee in the lobby was weak and unpleasant. The room was noisy too - whenever people walked and talked in the corridor outside our room we heard everything.

Really great location for Arches National Park and also close/easy walking distance to shops and restaurants. Lots of parking.

• Standard Queen Room

The only think disappointing was the WIFI, which worked very intermittently... Sometimes blazing fast, but most of the time no access... And staff behind counter could be a bit more friendly and smiling!

Location in Moab: everything is walking distance. Room is perfectly fine. All amenities are there! Clean

• Two-Bedroom Suite

My room was full of insects and disgusting. Found a couple big Cockroachs which was awful and every thing was smelly.

I liked nothing, the staff weren't friendly and the manager too.

• Standard Queen Room

Staff at check in, and check out, wasn't very friendly. Short and to the point. No breakfast served.

Location was right for our trip plans. Bed was comfortable.

• Junior Suite Two Queen beds

Heavy bleach smell in lobby; surly front desk staff(Jasper) never smiled and no one asked me "how was your stay" nor thanked me for the business

Location and quiet; junior suite was a good size

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Breakfast would have been nice.

Thanks for the hospitality.. Having two rooms, an open kitchen and living room was very nice. Very clean and comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room

While the bathroom area has been remodeled, there was an issue with the shower water escaping the bathroom due to poor tile placement. Be sure to ask for extra towels so that it does run into the rest of the room. Otherwise, the bathroom is perfect.

Very clean, easy to navigate.

• Standard Queen Room

The elevator had some funky smells. May have been over dramatic, but we did hold our breath when riding elevator. Room was a little tight in space.

The location was great. Close drive to Arches and very close to Main St, walking distance. Quaint place and would recommend to others, as it was recommended to me. AC and wifi worked really well.

• Standard Queen Room

A decent hotel, we spent two nights there. It is close to Arches National Park and other commodities. There is a pool with hot water, which we gladly used. A good choice in Moab.

• Standard Queen Room

Just a great place overall. A bit rowdy with foreign travelers in the early evening, but calmed down plenty early enough for an early to bed person like me. I'd go back! Great value for the price paid.

• Standard Queen Room

No coffee making facilities in room, no fridge, no breakfast opportunities.

On off the larger Motels in Moab situated in the town. Walking distance to restaurants. No coffee making facilities in room but complmentary in reception area (weak american style)