Reviews of River Street Inn 3 stars

124 East Bay Street, Savannah, GA 31401, USA

#30 of 135 hotels in Savannah

A beautiful hotel in the historic district.
    • Queen Room - Riverview with Balcony

I believe the housekeeping staff were rude and could have been friendlier.

Great location! The hotel is within waking distance of almost everything. Very large rooms and they are well decoratied.

the view from our balcony was great since we had a river...
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

the view from our balcony was great since we had a river view. The inside was really cool since it's a really old building. The staff was very nice it was overall was a great place to stay the location was absolutely the best in town

I’ve stayed in this inn three times and have always enjoyed the atmosphere and location.
    • Queen Room - Riverview with Balcony

The detail of the cleaning could have been better. There were water rings on a table and a cup filled with cigarette butts was on the balcony. (This is a smoke-free hotel.)

It is a historic building right on the water and near much of what you visit Savannah for.

Overall it was okay.
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

I was disappointed that the bathroom grouting of the tile was missing on some of the tile. Found two bugs in the bathroom, did not make my finance happy at all. Shower curtain had what appeared to be mold on it.

The view from the balcony was fantastic. Had initially planned on proposing on the balcony but it was not large enough, the view of River Street was great.

Charming, comfortable & convenient!
    • King Room - Riverview

The charm of this historic inn is wonderful. Rooms are updated and comfortable, yet charming. Convenient location right on the river close to shops and restaurants. My favorite place to stay in Savannah!

Nice location
    • King Room - Riverview

The room had issues getting cold enough. AC kept having a loud clunking sound during the night. Hallways were really noisy on our hall.

Great staff! Very nice & helpful. Great view of the river.

Location happy hour and feel and valet staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Riverview

Cleaning crew awful. Elevators terrible and lay out confusing Room was barely cleaned roach crawed on sink while washing up. Ceiling looked like mildew or wet. Price way out of line for accommodations

Location happy hour and feel and valet staff

The front desk and valet parking staff were very friendly.
    • Queen Room - City View

They couldn't get the car key out of the lock box (door jammed) and caused us to have to find other transportation to the conference we were attending.

The front desk and valet parking staff were very friendly.

Grateful for the experience.
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

Be sure to wash the coffee cups for yourself prior to using. Only one elevator so don't get in a hurry. Too few ice machines. Funny how racism is not only alive but thriving. The glances were priceless and useless! All men are created equal in God's eyes whether you believe or not. Thanks so much.

Balcony and river view was awesome. The bed was extremely relaxing. Great get away for my wife and I.

Beautiful hotel with excellent staff.
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

Only negative I can think of was a cracked mirror, but otherwise beautiful.

Beautiful hotel with excellent staff. Went above and beyond. The charm of the this hotel is beyond expectations.

Beautiful view, okay room
    • Queen Room - Riverview

Run down a little. Was expecting an antique older hotel, but would imagine they would have kept it up better. Lights in room flickered, mold on shower curtain. Not the cleanest room

View from room. Size of room. Friendly staff.

Had a wonderful time
    • King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

Guess what? 3 people just viewed this property. Share your experience to help them make the best choice! 녰What did you like?

great location, very friendly staff

Booked this hotel based on the photos and reviews.
    • Queen Room - City View

Booked this hotel based on the photos and reviews. When we arrived we were dismayed to see the condition of the rooms - very much below my expectations for a room that was nearly $300/night. The baths were like those found in a economy hotel and the decor was dated. The location on the River was not ideal - if you are coming to Savannah book a room near one of the historic squares. The staff was great and worked hard to make us comfortable - both in switching rooms for a better view and then switching again due to the fact the A/C did not cool the room adequately. Overall I cannot recommend RIver Street Inn.

Two Cracked Eggs Restaurant close by great breakfast. I 'd stay at you Inn if I return to Savannah
    • Queen Room - City View

Booked October 2017, room 302 was under ground level next to all the air conditioners. Would have liked either street view or river view.A dead squashed roach welcomed me into the room on arrival.😣

The staff, convenient,unique,valet parking.

room was spacious and river view was fantastic
    • King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

Social hour with wine and appetizers ran out a little after 5:30 pm / signage to property was hard to see in traffic. We had to drive around twice to find the correct entrance

A quaint place that Is in a great location. Needs to be cleaned!
    • King Room - Riverview

I was looking forward to the historical look and feel of the hotel and I knew that the furnishings were antique but I didn’t expect the dust on the baseboards and around the outlets. I dropped a pair of glasses and had to reach under the bed on my last night (if it had been my first night I would have asked for a different room or left) there was layers of dust and debris and old empty lotion bottles so I’m sure no one had cleaned under the bed in years!

I loved the location and the atmosphere of the hotel! The staff was great!

Loved the location and would like to try this Inn again.
    • King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

Room was not entirely prepared for us like it should have been, compared to the room another family member was staying. They were also given more amenities, even though we paid the same price for the rooms.

Location was great, room clean, bed comfortable!

Would love to come back to Savannah, excellent place to visit.
    • King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

Pillows were way to soft, bring your own.

Excellent view of the river. Savannah is a great little city, must take the trolley tour and go to the prohibition museum. 👍👍

overall we were happy
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Riverview

bathtub needs to be cleaned better per my opinion, mold residue are in the corners of the bathroom floor as well

Loved the fast check in/ checkout process, location was great, the hotel itself is very charming and beautiful, you can feel the history there

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Riverview

The reception staff was questionable. We stayed 2 nights and met 3 receptionist but 2 of them were not very kind.

Great location. Close to everyplace I wanted to go. Clean and comfortable.

Fantastic.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Riverview with Balcony

Not being able to choose the specific rooms until we checked in. Initially the rooms available were seperated but just after starting to unpack, reception called and had 2 rooms next to each other so all worked out. Suggest you call early morning of day you are arriving and arrange your room locations.

Location was perfect. Staff exceptional and helpful. We were able to extend our checkout then they held our luggage for the rest of the day. Even let us keep a keycard so we could enter the hotel (not the room) and use the facilities.

I'll be back.
    • Queen Room - Riverview

The electronic room cards were fussy about being used.

Great staff, great location, great rooms, with a great view of the river. The care with which the rooms were decorated with furniture (some very unusual pieces). Front desk staff (Freeda and Jeremy) were very helpful with maps, directions, and printouts. A nice touch was the happy hour for the house residents (Jackie the bartender was lovely especially since she set it all up and cleaned it all up afterward and arranged for the local restaurants' menus for our review). Housekeeping staff in particular was excellent in maintaining the rooms and supplies in addition to inquiring after our needs every time they encountered us.

On the whole, a very pleasant experience, and would book again.
    • Queen Room - City View

I think that the hotel might make more of an effort to be compatible with the technology most travelers rely on these days. We knew going in that wi-fi was not available, and were resigned to relying on cellular data. However, phone charging was a bit of an ordeal, as outlets were all inconvenient and behind furniture.

This was a beautiful building in a lovely area. All aspects of service and comfort were fine. The room was very attractive. Scored points with the wife for booking this one!

A perfect historic hotel located in a beautiful spot along the river.
    • Queen Room - Riverview

The location is fantastic! The value for the price exceeded my expectation. Making the reservation was super easy. Check in process when I arrived was fast and smooth. The view overlooking the river was incredible. I loved the preservation of the original structure and floors. The room decor was well done, the bed was super comfy and I got an amazing night sleep. Will definitely return with my wife and definitely recommend this hotel to others. You can walk out the back door and be right along the river's edge which is bustling with restaurants, bars and shops.

A very convenient and beautiful hotel that's short on some amenities
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

The bed was incredibly hard and uncomfortable. The shower was broken - in order to turn it on I had to press really really hard on the handle and turn it. This made it very hard to change temperature. There was no room service. Given all of this, it was way overpriced.

The view was amazing. The location was extremely convenient, right next to River Street. The free hors d'oeuvres and drinks each night was very appreciated. The staff was incredibly friendly and very helpful.

A great place to stay.

Can't think of a thing.

The River Street Inn was quaint and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and offered to call and help us line up a tour we had mentioned. Complimentary wine and appetizers we're a welcoming late afternoon treat. It is right on the river with the opportunity to shop, eat and stroll while watching the riverboat and barge activity adding to the experience. We would definitely choose this inn again.

location good, but rooms not cleaned properly
    • King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

our room was quite dirty - stains on carpet, shower was full of mould and toilet overflowed (and had to wait for ages for help, with no offer to mop floors afterwards). Everything just seemed to be grimy - not what you would expect for the price

Location is great - right on the river and close to town

Overall nice place and great location.
    • Queen Room - City View

Arrived to the inn later in the evening to check in. I called earlier that day to let them know. The staff member (man) who I spoke wuth informed me of the latest I could check in and said be safe and drive safely-very friendly. My friends arrived before me, told me there was no parking left at the inn and had to try to find parking in a garage in the area. I arrived and pulled up to unload my belongings. When I checked in, a staff member (woman) was a bit on the serious side and a little friendly. She explained the “policy” for the weekend with all guests staying in the room (St. Patrick’s Day weekend policy). She explained where the room was located. The elevator to our room was hidden and hard to find. The cart available to transport luggage was hard to maneuver and not in the best working condition. My friends and I asked for assistance with locating the elevator. I was told by the check in employee “I told you where to go” seemingly annoyed and then said where it was. I thought my friends and I are fired, annoyed about the parking, and we are adults not children. Their were guests arguing in the hallway due to too much alcohol The check in employee assisted them and called security. That was a positive. I had to move my car and try to find parking in a garage near the hotel. The garage wound up being a few blocks away. I paid $800 for two nights. St. Patrick’s Day is s highly popular and busy weekend. I was not happy parking was not available and told at check in but not earlier when I called the valet ends at 11pm. Regardless no parking available. It was inconvenient. I paid more for the parking garage then I would have at the hotel.

The inn and the rooms are well maintained. The room was nice, big, and comfortable. Very. quiet considering the inn was booked due to special event weekend. Staff was friendly.

Fantastic Location and Beautiful Historic Hotel

Nothing...

A wonderful historic property that exceeded our expectations immensely! Amazing location right on the riverfront. To be able to watch the ocean freighters from our room having coffee, was over the top!! Staff were super friendly and helpful! Check in and check out were easy and no complications. We loved the Happy Hour time were you could mingle with other guests, play chess, play board/card games or even have a game of pool!! The ambience of the entire hotel was incredible! The staircase took our breath away! Loved the addition of the elevator to get you down to street level.

If you must be on the river then consider it. Otherwise, Not worth the money.
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

For the cost of this hotel, I expected better cleanliness. The room was unfortunately very dusty. The light switches were dirty and the bathroom fixtures were oxidizing. There was dirt behind the bathroom door. The coffee maker was old, right along with the poor quality hairdryer. I feel I could have stayed at a chain hotel and had better experience with the room.

The bed was comfortable. It was close to many restaurants and the river.

Short but sweet
    • King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

The only problem that we had that really wasn’t a problem because they figured it out was the valet couldn’t find my car. He was pressing the button for the alarm in my battery died so he didn’t actually really look for it he just was listening for it. After the sheer panic in his face subsided I let them know what my car looks like so he could actually go look and we got the car back.

The staff was very friendly and even told us about some events that were happening that we’re free that we could check out. I like the architecture and just the history of the building itself. Just cool. And the location was amazing we could just walk to everything

Great Place to Stay in the Heart of Downtown
    • King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

Valet parking is $27 a night. However, there is a parking garage right across the street.

It was very clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. Everyone we saw said hello. They provided snacks every evening.

Spring Break in Savannah
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - City View

That it had only one elevator and you always had to use a room key to access it.

Right on River Street and close to all the shops and restaurants. Right in the action. The hotel was very clean and the staff were very courteous.

Jessica at the front desk was super nice and provided...
    • Queen Room - Riverview

The bed seemed wrinkled and not clean. Made me question if the sheets had not been washed. The view of the room online set higher expectations and the room in person did not meet that especially for the price I paid. We basically paid for the location.

Jessica at the front desk was super nice and provided excellent customer service! The gopher Candy from the sweet shop was thoughtful.

Very pleasant, clean and everyone was polite and helpful

Only thing would have been price maybe little less.

The convenience for everything we wanted to visit. The (2) restaurant being attached without having to go out. Location on River street was perfect. Valet parking and the entire staff was always helpful

Vintage and Safe
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Riverview

The walls were thin and you could hear other guests and easily get a noise complaint in the middle of the afternoon. The elevators were safe but hot and stuffy!

It was an absolutely beautiful hotel! Very vintage and romantic. During my visit it was during St. Patrick’s Day weekend so the convenience to River Street was the best thing! Safety was also a huge thing. The hotel made sure all who belonged to the Hotel were the only ones there. You used your hotel keys for entry to the Hotel and elevators.

A little frustrated.
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

Took my parents for there 50th wedding anniversary. Asked for a bottle of champagne to be in there room when we arrived and it wasn't there. Reserved 2 king rooms. Didn't have 2 king rooms for us. I am not one normally to complain. Disappointed for sure. Friendly staff and good location.

Friendly staff.

We had a great stay and would definitely return.
    • King Room - Riverview

The hotel bathroom could use some renovating. The hotel was very charming and the room was spacious. The restaurant food was good but it was cold and I had to ask them to reheat it.

Our stay was fantastic. The hotel is directly in the middle of all the action. The location could not be any better. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant food was ok.

Had an amazing time and we will return
    • Queen Room - Riverview with Balcony

For as much money as we spent, it would have been nice if there was a microwave and mini fridge

The staff was friendly, facilities were clean, and our view from the balcony was amazing

Rested good felt wanted.
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

The only disappointment was there is no hotel breakfast or room service. There is very close restaurants but it is not the same. Also another concern is I personally found washcloths and napkins keeping the River Street door open that should have been secured with key entry only, and that did not feel secure at all.

The staff, they are so friendly. The bellman, the valet, houskeepping, they were all great.

This is where we would stay if we were to return.
    • Queen Room - City View

We loved River Street Inn. The location was exactly where we wanted to be, there were excellent restaurants attached to the Inn and the room was charming. It was a perfect blend of honoring the history of the building but also providing the comforts that travelers are looking for like a good mattress and comfortable reading chair.

Fantastic honeymoon stay.
    • King Room - Riverview

Nothing, the hotel was perfect.

The location is fantastic, right on the river and walking distance to the historic district. Beautiful room with a huge comfy bed. Lots of lovely touches like the free cheese and wine every evening.

Comfortable hotel, great location.
    • King Room - Riverview

All the staff was friendly and helpful. There was a severe ice/snow storm during our stay, which was very unusual for Savannah, and practically shut down the city...resulting in the closure of most local restaurants/businesses. Hotel staff showed much appreciated concern for guests safety and comfort during this storm. Also, we enjoyed watching the ships and tugboats on the river.

Great location, fantastic view, what’s not to like?
    • King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

No bedside table on one side. The room could have used a fresh coat of paint.

Room was really nice. Filled with antiques and with a great river view which they gave us as an upgrade from the room we had ordered. Also nice free drink and hors d’oeuvres hour.

Forntunately for our purposes we didnt have to spend much time in the room.
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

We stayed in an antiquated/repurposed area of the hotel (formerly an old office). The floors in the entire area were sloping and uneven, including bed. The fridge couldn't open all the way and my wife didn't have the strength to lock the dead bolt on the door due to the uneven floors. Central heat and air was inadequate and inconsistent. Windows were drafty. Showers were barely warm. No room service. The "on site restaurants" are not operated by hotel.

Convenient for the purpose of our trip.

Ok
    • King Room - Riverview

Look at my like section sorry

Room was across from hotel staff facilities every morning door slamming constantly and load talking no respect even at 7am

Average.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Riverview

The room was dated and not very clean. It's an old building, but needs some necessary updates. Bathroom very dated, plugs coming out if the wall. Not something I would pay $400 a night for. A building can have old character, but still be updated and clean. Windows dirty and base boards dirty. Bedding shabby and looks old. Needs a fresh coat of paint, bath had mold on walls. Just not worth the money. Location great, but won't recommend the place to anyone. Not for what we paid. Friendly staff.

A pleasant stay and we would definitely go back.
    • King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

Rooms were cold when we arrived (in December) and the air handler was noisy.

Historic building with very friendly staff. It is located right on the river which was very convenient for touring the city and going out to eat.

Loved it!
    • King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

A small fridge in the room would be a huge help.

The staff was amazing. They were friendly, helpful, and professional. The accommodations were beautiful. I just loved the atmosphere and historic building.

Loved the Riverftont Hotel an we would definitely stay here again! Loved the town of Savannah!

The weather!

What a great experience. Great staff, all of them from the Valet, to the front desk, to the complimentary horsederves and wine server to the restaurant servers!

We have stayes here before but stopped coming 2 years ago...
    • King Room - Riverview

We have stayes here before but stopped coming 2 years ago becuase of staff issues. I was glad to hear they have a new GM and so much has changed. Will be back in March!

Very nice hotel, large comfortable bed-- city view was sub par so we will splurge for river view!
    • King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

Not as clean as I'd like in regards to the restroom, hallways, elevators etc. Also, "city view" needs additional information/clarification, as our view was a back alley below city level.

Great location! We could walk to everything. I grew up in the area, but never stayed on the river. A special treat to make our business trip more enjoyable.

Ruined by hotel staff
    • King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

Staff was extremely rude, Air conditioner broke, lights didn’t work and would flicker. Atrocious experience for my new wife and I. Upon arrival we were met by the rude Valets. One of them was yelling and literally screaming, talking about personal things that were going on in his life and acting completely unprofessional. The way the valet was carrying himself and yelling, which could be heard from inside the hotel too, did not want to valet the vehicle with them. Little did we know this was just the beginning...Attempted to get special accommodations as it advised it would assist us with, they were ignored. Was provided no information by the staff member who checked us in. Bellhop was rude and rushed us which made us feel uncomfortable. I wanted to leave Savannah and not come back due to the hotel staff. When the air conditioner broke, they sent the same rude bellhop to “look at it”. He did nothing and stated they would need to try and fix it. No accommodations were offered or suggested, I suggested if they had a fan that it would make it easier to sleep in the heat. This hotels staff ruined the trip for us.

It was located in a nice area.

Fun place to stay.
    • Queen Room - Riverview

I really like top notch bedding and mattresses. Just not very comfortable. I thought we booked a king bed. It seemed just slightly bigger than a double bed. Not a great nights sleep.

Location was perfect. Adjacent restaurants outstanding.

Great!
    • King Room - Riverview

We asked for a balcony and did not get one.

The location could not be better. The cocktail hour is a nice amenity. Coffee in the lobby is nice. Not all rooms are the same. Ours was a little small compared to the other couple we were with, but I would still book there again.

Bed was super comfy, towels were fluffy and soft.
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

We had a balcony room and the door was super hard to close at night

Bed was super comfy, towels were fluffy and soft. All employees were polite and helpful. Very nice place and location was awesome!

Was a good stay overall

Parking

I liked sitting in the rocking chairs on the porch but did not like that it was closed on Sunday 🙁 Should be available anytime to customers! Parking is way too expensive. Loved The closeness to river street!

Best location for Savannah
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - City View

Our room was missing a a sheer curtain which made it bright for when the sun came up. As well as the air conditioning unit was extremely loud. I know it's an older building but it was so loud every time it turned on it woke up everybody in the room.

The staff was excellent and gave us many options for restaurants to try. The rooms were really good size especially for multiple adults in one room. Location location location right on River Street within walking distance to most everything.

Loved the hotel and staff and would definitely stay there again and recommend it to friends
    • Queen Room - City View

Nothing. Well maybe the elevator was slow but it’s an old hotel so it was ok

The staff at the hotel was excellent. Very friendly and so accommodating!

Great central location.
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

The floors in the hallways need attention, they are soft in some spots. The caulk in the bathroom shower is moldy. The bed was not very comfortable, but we were so exhausted by the end of the day the floor would have worked. The evening staff were simply bodies behind the desk, not helpful. There was a bad odor throughout the day but then we realized there are 2 restaurants that open into the atrium which was probably the cause of the smell.

Great central location. Beautiful view. The morning and day staff were amazing, so were the valet staff.

This place is rich in history and supposedly haunted.
    • Queen Room - Riverview

Water pressure isn't the best and neither exhaust fan in the bathroom. Oh, and bring your own universal remote for the TV. The ones in the room suck, you can thank me later. The front desk staff could have been friendlier.

I've stayed here a few times and the location is unbeatable if you want to spend time on river street. The budding is well over 200 years old and has all of the character that comes with such age (warped floors, old brick walls, walls/floors made from ship's ballast from the 1700's). There are fancier places for the money but my wife and I absolutely love the character. Valets and bellman were very pleasant.

Great Place!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Riverview

Parking was very expensive. I also missed having a mini-refrigerator and microwave.

Beautiful view, excellent location with shops and restaurants within walking distance

Good place to stay overnight on our road trip from Florida to Asheville.
    • Queen Room - City View

Air conditioning in our room seemed inadequate; room smelled a little musty.

Location was great. Easy access to River Street and all the shops and restaurants.

It was pretty but needed better cleaning
    • Queen Room - Riverview

The entire floor in our room needed to be swept from the time we entered our first day to the time we left (and we put the sign on the door asking for maid service every day we were there). It was obvious that the floor underneath and between the furniture needed to be swept. The shower had dried soap bubbles in it from the previous guests' stay.

The valet staff and hotel staff were very nice and friendly. The hotel was very pretty. The robes and umbrella in the room for us to use were great. The location of the hotel was perfect.

All in all, we are glad we chose to stay at the River Street Inn.
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

The cleanliness of the rooms and regular routine maintenance, was not up to our standards. The water pressure when showering was not strong enough to feel fully refreshed. The upholstered chairs in the rooms felt sticky and the room a bit musty smelling.

I loved the location and the historical building. The staff was very friendly. We had a king size bed and were riverfront with a balcony. An enjoyable experience.

Great sister weekend
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Riverview

The staff was very accommodating. Rooms were comfortable. Afternoon cocktails were really nice. Anything we ask for or questions asked, about the area were answered with great suggestions. What a great trip😃 Thanks to Steven and Andrew.

Quaint historic hotel located right in the very heart of river street.
    • King Room - Riverview

Wish breakfast was included. Also, obviously anhotel/well kept/but still could benefit from a little sprucing up. i.e.toilet seat scuffed up/red stain on carpet/industrial looking extension cord meandering around the room.These issues didn't hurt scoring, but are certainly opportunities for improvement.Slightly detracts from the overall fancy environment of the room and wouldn't take much to correct.

Staff = A++.every member of staff we encountered were very pleasant and helpful.Liked the experience of staying in an historic hotel...different feel than a modern hotel.Also great to be able to walk straight out the door into all the activity on River Street.

• King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

When we lst got there, the bathroom had hair and little pieces of dirt? on the floor. No place to put a hand towel. When towels were replenished, they did not replace facecloths. Need to pay attention to details . Thought it was strange that one window had drapes with sheers. The other one just had drapes, no sheers. It would have given us a little more privacy with the drapes open.

Spacius room. Comfortable bed. Great place to stay. Enjoyed watching the cargo ships come in. Everything within walking distance. Loved the history of the Cotton Exchange. FIVE STAR STAFF.

A great location with helpful staff and comfortable accommodations.

Pleased with everything.

Bedding was very comfortable. Staff friendly and very helpful. Staying at the Rivers Street Inn puts you right where you want to be. (On the river's edge and right in the middle of Savannah's Historic District). Short walk to many historic sights, variety of restaurants, and great shopping .

It was over-all wonderful! We would stay here again!
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

Nowhere to park. Pay to park deck on the adjacent corner across the street, if you don't mind parking & walking/waiting at red lights. Valet parking is available but with a wait. I would recommend the valet parking.

The location and the old world charm

Great view.... just not worth the price.
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

I was quite disappointed with the front desk when we first arrived, the lady who checked us in was very rude, and seem to blow me off as quickly as possible. Also, you have to pay at the beginning of your stay, which is something that was never mentioned when we booked the room. The room was hard to find. We were not informed that there was a second elevator that was to be used to get to our room. Once we finally found our room everything was great. We had a balcony that had an amazing view of the river. The only downside to the room its self was that there was no place to put the complementary coffee that the room had. We had a coffee pot, but no place to hold the filter. Over all it was a great stay, with the exception of overpaying for a great view of the river. The second night my mother stayed in the same hotel; however, she received a better room, but her balcony was much smaller. I will not be staying at the riverstreet inn again. I don't feel it was worth the price.

Rooms were clean and had a balcony to over look Riverstreet.

Charming Inn with friendly staff that make the weekend a relaxing getaway.
    • King Room - City View - Handicap Accessible

No fault of the hotel - we should have booked a river view room. Our Bay street view was great - nice trees and greenspace. But I think we would have like to view the river more.

The front desk staff and the valet were all extremely friendly and helpful. The staff to clean the room was also very accommodating when we needed to stay in the room at exactly the time that they were ready to clean it. The proximity of this property is very convenient and the charm of the rooms is exactly what you want on a trip to Savannah.

The wife and I came here for our 20th Aniversary and had an amazing time. Would highly recommend.
    • Queen Room - Riverview with Balcony

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

The staff was very friendly & professional. Love the historic aspect of the hotel and what can I say about the location. Amazing! Right on the river with balcony view.

Wonderful!
    • King Room - Riverview with Balcony

This is a beautiful, historical, uniquely furnished, masterpiece. The location could not be any better. The only thing I did not like was that the parking prices were high, otherwise I recommend for anyone wanting to be in the middle of it all!

Loved the location and character of the hotel. Much better if it was only 2 guests per room rather r
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Riverview

Better air conditioning and space for a double room.

We LOVED the location but the room was small and hot. The air conditioner was not very efficient.

Browse River Street Inn traveller photo gallery