Reviews of River Terrace Inn, a Noble House Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1600 Soscol Avenue, Napa, CA 94559, United States of America

#33 of 40 hotels in Napa

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Perfect hotel for a Napa trip.

Quite a slow service in the restaurant bar area. A distance from some of the popular wineries ($60 return in an Uber to Rutherford)

Perfect hotel for a Napa trip. Really close to Downtown where all the restaurants are. Room was lovely, spacious and clean. Staff in the reception area were exceptionally helpful.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

The hotel is old.
    • Premium King Room

The hotel is old. The did attempts to renovate it, but it still feels old. Very bad sound isolation, you can hear everything that happens in the next rooms and in the corridors. The room was clean, but nothing special. Price is too high for such an average hotel.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

The hotel looks tip top but the service and some amenities are not.

The phone in our room did not work making communicating with the front desk not possible. I could not make an outside call either. The walls are not soundproof because I was awakened around 4:30 AM by the sounds of a woman conversing on her phone. There was no check out help in terms of a bell hop, a luggage cart or any one present to open a door. The desk clerk at reception never looked up or spoke to me when I was struggling with luggage or during my departure. My mother with whom I was traveling requires assistance with her wheelchair. There was no automatic open door assist or any staff to help when we departed. We did have a nice fellow who assisted us when we arrived for bell hop service. I would not stay here again. I have family who live in the area so next visit I will try another hotel.

The room was comfortable bed wise. The was adequate closet space. The bathroom was a clean and the towels were good quality.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

Rooms were beautiful.
    • King Room with River View

For the price we paid to stay here the customer service should have been outstanding but it was just average. Anthony checked us at the front desk and was so unfriendly and seemed annoyed when I asked a question about the room assigned to us. We paid for a river view but could not see the river, we saw the patio out back. The girl who checked us out looked like she had a rough night or didn't feel well. I also asked her about our room and she didn't want to be bothered. Most everyone in the restaurant was very friendly and food was good but not great. The hotel is beautiful and in a great area which are definitely the highlights.

Rooms were beautiful. The location is great, within walking distance to downtown Napa. Loved being on the river although you don't see much of the river.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2017

Overall we enjoyed our first stay at River Terrace Inn and their accommodation to have our daughter'

My husband's card key would not work and he had to return each day to have his card reactivated. On the second last day, I advised my husband to ask for a new card Key and there were no further problems. Too bad he did not ask for a new key card earlier. On the last day of our stay both our room and my daughter's room were not cleaned or beds made. At 5:00 pm we mentioned this to the front desk and at 8:00 pm, housekeeper did the rooms. Up to then, the rooms were tidy and beds made before our return after dinner. Not sure if the hotel was short staffed over the long weekend or they forgot. Disappointed the swimming pool was removed permanently.

Good size room and bathroom. Beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

Good stay but felt over priced for the room standard

No in-room dining or kids menu in restaurant. Room furnishing was very ordinary - disappointing compared to other noble house hotel we stayed in.

Lobby and restaurant area has a lovely atmosphere. Restaurant staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

I will not stay there again.
    • King Room with River View

Construction noise at 7:30 AM. Our room was made up once in 5 day stay, even after we had complained to desk. Grossly overpriced for size of room and service. I will not stay there again. The room was advertised as a riverfront, which it is, but can't see the river from room.

Location is good. Food and bar service people friendly.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Great hotel location, great restaurant, shame about the room location

Our room was in a corridor that was under construction, holes in the ceiling and plasterboard running along side making a temporary corridor.

The on-site restaurant was amazing, the staff in it were great.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2017

Good location Helpful friendly staff Easy to get to downtown...
    • King Room with River View

Noisy guests who have no appreciation of time at night. Construction in progress which had taken away pool.

Good location Helpful friendly staff Easy to get to downtown napa and the wine train. Close to oxbow market for good food. Easy access to wine tasting in napa.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2017

Good location, no river view
    • King Room with River View

We paid extra for the river view, but could only see a glimpse of it if we stood up on the balcony. Definitely not worth the extra price.

Good location within a walking distance from downtown Napa. Free wine tasting in the garden in the afternoon.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2017

No Restaurant available and I was not told in advance.

No Restaurant available and I was not told in advance. Since I was alone and did not have a car it made things difficult There was constant construction going on I was not notified about They offered a free continental breakfast as compensation but it was sub standard I had to leave early in the morning to get to the airport. They told me uber was my best option but did not tell me there was no local Uber service early mornings until I was ready to leave . It took over 1/2 for an Uber to pick me up and I just made it to the airport in time for my flight

• Reviewed: April 26, 2017

Disappointed

We show up only to find there were no eminities (i.e. Lounge, Restaurant, fitness center, etc) even though their web page showed them to exist.

Nice location on the river

• Reviewed: April 5, 2017

Great inn.
    • King Room with River View

Construction noise was a bit much.

The hotel is very cozy and the staff was courteous and welcoming. The room was very clean and fridge fully stocked. I also like the short walk to oxbow market.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2017

Perfect location, beautiful and clean room and lovely...
    • King Room with River View

The hotel entrance, lobby, kitchen and dining room was under construction. Very noisy during working hours but staff did make it tolerable.

Perfect location, beautiful and clean room and lovely outdoor area. Staff was very accomodating.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2017

Alert: major rennovation underway

Neither booking.com nor the hotel did mention a thing about the major renovation this hotel was going thru, prior to our travel. We couldn't help noticing the thin walls and noise around us. Also when we arrived, my reservation had mistakenly been cancelled.

The staff present were all friendly and made up for the other minus factors we experienced at the hotel last weekend.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2017

Surprised by renovations

Renovation was going on. There was no hint at all during the booking process. Very loud kids in Neighbor room that could be heard through the parting door.

Bed was good

• Reviewed: February 28, 2017

A culinary excursion to Napa & area
    • King Room with River View

It's under renovation at the moment so that's a bit of an inconvenience. Some issues with our room over our stay, but the staff did their best to accommodate.

Friendly staff. Quiet location. Handy to get to the surrounding area. Oxbow Market is a short walk and has great food options. The main center of downtown napa is also a short walk away where there is an infinite amount of dining options.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2017

Wait until the construction is over. Overpriced.
    • Premium King Room

Serious construction going on. No food or drink facilities. Offered a "grab and go" breakfast, but coffee was horribly bitter, no decaf offered, no free water, pitiful food offerings for the breakfast. We're in Napa, home of great dining...they could have either offered better quality "grab and go" or a breakfast discount at a local restaurant. Also, with this construction going on, the rooms should have been greatly reduced in price.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2017

Great value for money, nice location, comfortable, helpful staff

Only down side is that they were doing some renovations and it was a bit noisy in the mornings. But the super friendly and helpful staff made up for it.

We had an amazing stay at the Hotel, staff was super helpful, warm and welcoming. We arrived at 3am because of very bad rain, we called to let them know and they held our room even though it was significantly past check-in time. We also had to stay an extra night, again, bad weather, and they gave us a great deal on the room rate. Special thanks to Blossom for taking such great care of us and making sure we were sorted and comfortable during our entire stay! Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2017

Because of renovation, we received an upgrade.

Renovation was going on while we were there. Facilities were not as attractive.

Because of renovation, we received an upgrade. the room was very comfortable and quiet.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2016

6 night stay in beautiful Napa.

Obviously not to be in the midst of renovations but l'm sure it will be worth it.

Friendly helpful happy staff. Hotel in the midst of renovations so a little noise mid week.Also no restaurant or bar facilities at the moment.Lovely outdoor seating area with gas heaters. Fresh popcorn in the evening & wine tastings from the area. A nice touch. Downtown Napa & fantastic Oxbow market all in walking distance.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2016

Way too expensive for what you get.
    • Premium King Room

Most of the staff wasn't very friendly. The fact that you can't get room service other than dinner is ridiculous when you're paying that much money per night. Someone else's trash was outside of our door for way too long.

The terrace café is pretty and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2016

Most expensive hotel during my California trip.....overpriced. Breakfast wait staff......POOR.

Breakfast staff very rude. I had to ask for a cup of tea.....I had to ask for a refill.....I had to ask for my bill. I was completely ignored.

Beautiful lobby and bar.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2016

A perfect place to stay - close to Napa restaurants & stores while still getting a resort experience
    • Superior King Room

Our room was extremely comfortable - loved the bed and the view. Very clean. Also loved the terrace and the complementary wine tasting topped off a great day in Napa.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

I have stayed there before.

The air conditioning seemed hard to regulate. The fan could not be adjusted.

I have stayed there before. Always comfortable and convenient.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

A great place to stay if you just want to chill out in Napa
    • King Room with River View

It has no pool but you can understand why

location great and a very relaxing hotel with a good outdoor restaurant

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

👍🏻👍🏻 Anytime!

👍🏻

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Gorgeous room, comfy bed. Felt like a princess.

Wish there would have been food for later arriving guests.

Front Desk super helpful. Stay was wonderful!

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

People and service and facility very comfortable

It was very expensive.

People and service and facility very comfortable

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

great location, could have stayed at a cheaper place and had a similar room

very small rooms, no pool

Beds were comfortable, clean hotel, great location

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

The location, great outside seating

The location, great outside seating

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Balcony with a view and restaurant at the river
    • King Room with River View

Missing pilates Ball in the gym

Balcony with a view and restaurant at the river

• Reviewed: June 18, 2017

Fitness center under construction

Fitness center under construction

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

The hotel should have closed for the refurbishment.

No restaurant. No bar. Noisy because of refurbishment work next to our room. The management could not care less.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2017

staff were incredibly helpful

Ongoing refurbishment and so temporary wall next to our room

staff were incredibly helpful

• Reviewed: April 15, 2017

A little bit of heaven

The lack of communication about the construction

View from our room

• Reviewed: April 13, 2017

Nice place to stay!

The construction

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: April 10, 2017

Construction was still going on and it kind of ruined the...

Construction was still going on and it kind of ruined the ambience of what could have been.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2017

Location, spacious room with a balcony

Location, spacious room with a balcony

• Reviewed: February 27, 2017

Good for one night stay
    • Premium King Room

Wish we knew the hotel was going through renovation.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2017

Under going construction

Under going construction

• Reviewed: January 30, 2017

Wish It had a pool and wasn't under construction.

• Reviewed: December 24, 2016

Comfortable and clean room.

With renovation, a bit noisy and no restaurant

Comfortable and clean room.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2016

very enjoyable

bed was wounderful

• Reviewed: December 6, 2016

staff was friendly

The place was under a very noisy construction. Would not have stayed there if I had been informed of this

staff was friendly

• Reviewed: September 19, 2016

friendly efficient staff, good location

friendly efficient staff, good location

• Reviewed: September 2, 2016

Everything!
    • Premium King Room

Everything! Would deefinitely stay here again if going to Napa.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2016

great location, can walk to oxbow mkt, downtown!

Frontdesk staff was friendly but bad service at the bar/lounge! service staff came to use the ice machine to fill a large tray (for breakfast items) which went on for a good 5 min. at 6:30am & woke us up!!! Posted sign says wine hr is 4-6 but was actualky 4:30-5:30. we missed it! also they cancelled the smores in the evening with no notice!!!

great location, can walk to oxbow mkt, downtown!

• Reviewed: May 4, 2016

Staff was excellent.

Construction was on-going without notice. Had to move room in middle of stay.

Staff was excellent. Room was spacious and comfortable. nice nightly wine hour

• Reviewed: April 19, 2016

The room was incredibly large and very well laid out,...

Loved it all. The front desk staff were amazing and gave us a fantastic brunch/lunch recommendation as well.

The room was incredibly large and very well laid out, decorated in a very elegant classic contemporary style. The photos were perfect. The linens and pillows were excellent, lovely. I loved the bathroom, it was spacious and sophisticated, and the huge jacuzzi tub for two was divine. The private deck and chairs were a nice touch as well.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2016

Customer service was very helpful in making sure we felt...

There was nothing that we didn't enjoy.

Customer service was very helpful in making sure we felt welcomed after being moved to the Westin our first night due to water damage in a few rooms. We enjoyed the activities around the fire and the atmosphere - couldn't have asked for a better stay.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2016

Service was excellent.

I would have liked a Jacuzzi along with the pool. It really seemed too cold to swim, but a nice warm soak would have been great. I was hoping to get into my room 15 minutes early, but was told the room wasn't ready at 2:45. This surprised me a little as it was so close to check-in time, and caused me a little inconvenience, especially when I left the property and was called 5 minutes later to tell me it was now ready. Seemed a little odd.

Service was excellent. The complimentary wine pour and Happy Hour were a nice touch. The buffet breakfast was wonderful, with excellent baked goods.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2016

The staff was amazing.

The fitness center is skimpy, but I just headed outside to exercise. Lots of great places to run nearby.

The staff was amazing. And the huevos rancheroes was my best meal in Napa! Great entertainment as well on the patio while making smores.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2015

Loved the hotel staff.

Not having a real restaurant and full bar. The shower heads need to b cleaned not a lot of water coming out

Loved the hotel staff. Did everything to make us comfortable

• Reviewed: November 2, 2015

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Sink drainage was slow in the bathroom - we reported it to the cleaning person - she said that she would report it but we don't think that happened. Breakfast buffet was very expensive for what you received

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was pretty good - but a little far away from the middle of downtown Napa. Room was nice. Lots of entertainment in the evenings.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2015

Very clean, comfortable room.

Railing on the patio obstructed our view of the river when we were sitting on the patio furniture.

Very clean, comfortable room. Nice patio and view. Loved the whirlpool bath in our room.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2015

Rooms are well appointed and the location was good,...

Having booked a river view room 7 months in advance we were given a room that had no river view. Although the staff did make some effort to make up for their mistake, it would appear this was due to misleading advertising by the hotel and we would not have booked the room we were given at the price that it was advertised. The hotel also seemed to be slightly overwhelmed due to being at or near capacity during breakfast.

Rooms are well appointed and the location was good, generally the hotel was very nice.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2015

Staff very helpful in recommending local restaurants and...

I paid $14 for a buffet breakfast of muffins, cereal, fruit etc and thought this price included juice or coffee. To my surprise I was charged $4 for a small orange juice, really?

Staff very helpful in recommending local restaurants and planning wineries to visit.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2015

Next to wine train

Breakfast options were confusing The choice was an overpriced continental buffet or a la carte They should just eliminate the self serve option

Next to wine train Balconies

• Reviewed: July 31, 2015

The room was great.

The breakfast at the hotel was not included and it was $12 or a la carte. However, it didn't appeal to us, we found another place to have breakfast within walking distance.

The room was great. The location was excellent - a short walk to the wine train, easy walk to the tasting rooms in Downtown Napa, and quick drive to the Silverado Trail. The bike rental was neat. We were able to ride the local bike trail one morning. The happy hour complimentary wine tasting was neat and we enjoyed playing Cornhole, Giant Jenga, etc. in the evening. On our trip, we stayed at three places, this was the best WiFi of the three hotels.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2015

Everything was clean and new, which I would expect for the...

Everything was clean and new, which I would expect for the price range. Enjoyed details like wonderful soaps and shampoos, crisp white towels, good lighting and quality furnishings.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2015

terrific hotel in Napa.

After sampling many wines at the wineries, we were ready for a cocktail, but the bar only had beer and wine. This was the only thing I can think of that wasn't perfect. It's a great hotel.

terrific hotel in Napa. Next to the Westin, less than half the price for very similar offerings. You really can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2015

The hotel serves great wines in its bar, happy hour daily...

I had difficulties connecting to WiFi with Mac OS and Android phone too. I just used the hotel's WiFi next door.

The hotel serves great wines in its bar, happy hour daily where you can enjoy many drinks for about half price. The heated pool is great in the mornings when the weather is a bit chilly. The room is spacious and the bed is very comfortable. The coffee maker in the room is a delight.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2015

All around great inn but what really made the stay great was...

it would be nice if the inn's cafe would offer lunch.

All around great inn but what really made the stay great was the staff. Each and every member of the staff were very friendly went the extra steps to make my wife and I had an outstanding anniversary getaway.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2015

Great location close to everything in Napa, clean and nice...

Don't get room 102, there's a duct or something that sounds like a 747 taking off all night - lucky I sleep well.

Great location close to everything in Napa, clean and nice staff. Great music in the little bar area and wine tasting every afternoon - and the food was great too.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2015

From assistance at check staff went above and beyond.

Light switches were dirty. Other than that everything was great.

From assistance at check staff went above and beyond. Rooms were beautiful, clean and we'll equipped. Facilities were great with in house restaurant and bar along with beautiful deck. Even provided musical entertainment.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2015

Very spacious and quiet room, beautifully and classically...

Very spacious and quiet room, beautifully and classically decorated Clean bathroom with a nice bathtub. Friendly staff and good breakfast. Location very close to downtown Napa. They forgot to make up our room on new years day but they appologized with a bottle of wine. So attentions!

• Reviewed: May 1, 2016

The room was spacious and comfortable

Noise above our room at night

The room was spacious and comfortable

• Reviewed: April 15, 2016

the staff was very helpful and accommodating.

Sheets were not changed on the bed on a nightly basis.

the staff was very helpful and accommodating.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2016

Great location,moutstanding staff.

Great location,moutstanding staff.

• Reviewed: February 23, 2016

Great staff and location;

Great staff and location; spacious room. Close to downtown Napa and easy access to Silverado Trail and Highway 29.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2015

Everyone was very friendly and accomidating

• Reviewed: October 11, 2015

Overall setting on the river was very nice

Overall setting on the river was very nice

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.