Reviews of Rivertown Inn & Suites Downtown Detroit 2 stars

1316 East Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, MI 48207, USA

#20 of 22 hotels in Detroit

5.2

5.6

Room smelled like smoke, employees smoking outside the room on their break. Could hear a lot of outside noises through the door/wall.

Good price for the location, free parking, coffee in the morning.

The cleaning in the motel in general could be better

The breakfast place Clique was amazing. Good food, nice waitress and lots of good coffee. An authentic place. The motels location is great at the price of the room.

Strong cigarette smell, despite it being a non-smoking room. Small remains of food visible in different corners of the room. Carpet on the floor unclean. Bathroom very old. At least two species of pest insects present. Even outside of the room, the walkway and the staircase were visibly dirty and unkempt. Breakfast was served in the Motel lobby (!) with very few seating possibilities and on disposable dishes, cups and cutlery.

Good location, near to Detroit Center and Riverfront. Unexpectedly, breakfast was included.

Towels were stained, items in the room were overall a bit grimy. It really doesn’t matter if things are old and outdated, so long as they are clean... The faucet on the bathroom sink was not attached and after using the shower, and walking barefoot on just the bathroom floor, my feet were filthy! Bed and pillows were comfy and clean, though! It’s a bit noisy here, but running the heat/air at a constant kept the noise to a minimum.

Check in was great! The man at the front desk was friendly and efficient. Upon arriving in my room, I needed to use the bathroom and noticed that the toilet was clogged from a previous guest. A quick call to the front desk, and the same nice man from the front desk was there to fix the clog!

The room needs lots of updates. The towels were stained and the door itself needs adjusting. I could see the outside lighting poking in.

Nothing really

I did not like anything about this facility. It was very very dirty and nasty. Also the staff was very rude and disrespectful.

The toilet in the room I stayed in took a while to fill so it ran longer. The air conditioning did not work.

I like that the staff was very friendly when I arrived. The property is located really close to Greektown and many other places. The property seems to be very popular there were a lot of people checked in, yet it was very quiet.

Never go there if you are alone. really. When you arrive at the hotel, especially alone, you can tell that there is something wrong. I was a bit scared with the glasses that separete the front desk from the costumers. My room was like a sauna, and the heating thing was broken. What bothered me is that the front desk knew it and still they sent me to that room. I had to move all my stuff and the car to the other side of the hotel which is creepier. THe second room the door was not working at all o they moved me to a thir room. During that time there were some guests with their door opened and not wearing clothes (it was around midnight). The room had a weird smell and was not clean at all. I really dont recommend this place.

Nothing. at all.

Not able to make it but called them to cancel and no one answered and they wouldn't answer so I got charged for it any. I would not have gave them my card number

This motel was old, run down and very dirty. Paint peeling in the bath tub, sink was clogged, toilet old. Dirt in the crevasse of the table, chair was stained. The hallway from the registration desk to the rooms was smelly. I am so glad that my younger children were not with us

Closeness to the COBO Center

The TV remote was broken, one lamp didn't work. The AC put out hot air even when set on 50 degrees. The "Non-smoking" room smelled like smoke. Loud noises from the street could be heard all night from room 14. But none of these things bothered me because I felt it was the ambience of Detroit, and I would go back to Rochester and appreciate my lovely home and home city all the more.

The bed was comfortable and clean, as was the bathroom and towels. The staff were friendly and professional. The TV, coffee maker, fridge and microwave all worked fine.

poor attention were given to some querries / comments from some member of the staff

The manager's reaction to my complaint and his acknowledgement that I did not mean any harm

The sheets were dirty. I popped a tire in the back parking lot. Staff stood right outside the front door kinda blocking it smoking. Could not get any channels to come throw on the tv.

the bed was comfortable. breakfast was good

Had to ask for a blanket. The room thermostat was hard to control. The bathroom sink tap was hard to adjust. Older tv with limited cable service. Broken handle on the microwave.

Ground floor room at request. Was able to split the cost half by cash, half by credit card. Excellent downtown location close to the customs tunnel. Walking distance to the sports arena and casino. Dollar and grocery stores, liqour outlet nearby.

We stayed in a room that was connected to another and whoever the guest was in the room next to us kept trying to break through the door into our room. The gentleman ended up moving to another room but it was a very interesting situation. The couple that ended up replacing him were loud and it was as if they were in our room with us because the connecting doors were so thin. We have had great experiences here in the past, but the adjoining rooms issue needs to be addressed.

The staff was very friendly and helpful during out check-in and check-out process.

Rooms were not updated. Some repairs were started but not finished before we stayed. There was exposed drywall mud and miss painted areas. Room was clean but didnt look ot becuase of the previously mentioned.

The staff were excellent and extemely easy to deal with!

The room smelled like it used to be a smoking room. It was a very strong smell. The bathroom door would not shut correctly. the wall plugs are old so your cable easily disconnects/falls off. AC was not working, would only do heat. Breakfast could use a little more variety but was fine.

Good location. Pretty close to the downtown area (LCA, Comerica, restaurants/bars nearby), free on-site parking. Staff was alright. Free shuttle to nearby attractions.

Very dirty. Sheets on bed were dirty, pubic hair all over bed and bathroom floor. Room smelled horrible! Outside in the stairwell was trash and toilet paper rolls. Very disappointed will never ever stay here again.

It is close to downtown

It was not the cleanest place. You can tell it’s just a very old and outdated hotel. The bathroom was definitely the worst part of the room, but it was good enough for a day out on Saint Patty’s Day.

It was close to all the downtown casinos and bars. The staff was friendly and there was a free shuttle available.

So I was trying to find a place to stay close to LCA so I wouldn’t have to drive home after a concert. This place wasn’t too far and cost a reasonable price to get an uber to and from my desired locations. The pictures are definitely way better than the actual location. This place is clearly used for quick hookups and parties (there was definitely a party going on in the room above me until about 5am Wednesday). I wasn’t going to complain because I did book a room at the last minute and you do get what you pay for. But the icing on the cake for me was a few days later, having a HERPES BREAK OUT UNDER MY EYE. I had the whole week off of work so outside of going to the concert and this hotel, I hadn’t left the house. I’ve never had any type of herpes break out in my life and I’m about 95% sure that this came from this hotel seeing how I sleep on the same side that my face broke out on. I don’t let people touch my face, I barely touch people period and I don’t have a significant other that would have touched or kissed me in that area or period. I’m beyond pissed at this point and I’m so embarrassed that I have to walk around looking like this.

The staf was nice. The location was good for what I needed

There was blood on our blanket and sheets, garbage still in the garbage cans, barely any working channels on the cable and the Wifi was constantly cutting out.

The bed was comfortable and it was a $10-$15 Uber ride to Little Caesars Arena. It is also attached to a great little breakfast diner (Clique diner).

Everything..cleaner room..working toilets..cable

Tub was dirty with and chilling by the drain..toilet would barely flush..no free WiFi as advertised.no cable

Everything else. The first room they put me in had condom wrappers outside the door, two rubbish bags there as well. It was a non smoking room but stank of stale cigarettes. They moved me to another room which also stank of stale cigarettes. The shower had mould on it and the toilet hadn't been flushed when i first used it. Also the wifi doesn't work.

The reception were friendly

there was stains on our sheets, our coffee pot didn't work, our toilet stioped working in the middle of the night, started working again in the morning, Our tv had like 4 channels that worked, our shower was running and had a constant run to make it sounds like the water was running in the sink. Vent in our room we could hear people perfectly in the next room over. Sorry was pretty disapointetd with our stay

How close it was to the gm building

The room was very dated. The tub was peeling. The bath sink was clogged. The appliances would unplug by randomly falling out the socket. And the vending machine was sold out upon check-out in thebkate evening at the same time as a car show. Plus it was super noisy. The water would scald you then freeze you. Not worth the $99

The front desk staff was super friendly

The first room that we were given the bathroom was flooded and they gave us another room and the light didn't work in the smoke alarm was beeping and when we told the man that work there he called us a liar and said that he's too Urban for us apparently soooo rude !!!

Absolutely nothing !!!

No hot water..sheets seemed like they weren't changed..found hair on 3 of the pillows when I turned the bed down..room wasn't inviting like it was smokey/dusty..new coat of paint would probably help out the smokey/dusty look though

The price & the staff

the stairs heading to the rooms is dirty, need more lights on the stairs & hallway for safety reasons & the mattress I was lying down was not even, I think somebody who rent the room smokes because I have sensitivity of cigarettes & I can smell it! Plus the curtain hooks some are missing & the toilet tissue seems got wet & got dry & very old, the shower room water it take ages before the water heated & it's pretty cold!I hope you have more lights in the parking area for safety reason of your guest! Buy a new mattress, bedsheets, pillows , towels & personal use like shampoo & conditioner & bar soap change something more inviting....breakfast was great but I hope you can offer some fruits for the guest & cereals!

We had a french toast & bagle bread, lot's of cheese spread, butter, muffins bread...juice bottomless!

The room was absolutely disgusting. The bed set still had sauce spilled on the side of the sheets. Then seeing roaches put the icing on the cake.

Staff was nice and checking in process was good.

That it's the next day and not only what I was suppose to be charged for my room but extra funds on my card are still on hold? Not sure why.

The bed was comfy, the pillows were amazing! The gentleman at check in was helpful and adorable and the young lady at check out was very nice. The room was a little run down but was clean and comfortable. Perhaps when notified of a late check in perhaps leave a lamp on in the room? We couldn't find a light switch and had a problem turning the lights on. Finally stumbled to the bathroom to find a light! Breakfast was small but good. Overall a nice stay for what we needed. Oh and Happy's Pizza was delicious!

really old building, dirty, can hear everything from neighbour rooms, wi-fi not working for the entire week, disgusting breakfast; Dont stay here until the alternative is to sleep on the street.

The heater worked

What I didn't like was the valet looking through my car and messing with the navigation settings. They routed the car back to my home address and I am NOT happy about that.

The booking site made three reservations instead of just the one. The check-in person fixed it though.

At check in they were more than willing to give me a room on the bottom floor and on the side of the building that I had requested!

WIFi did not work, and the breakfast was only bread (bagels & waffles) and coffee. No juice, milk or water. No fruit. The staff couldn't be bothered to do anything but collect their paychecks. No room service even though a restaurant is attached to the hotel.

There was a convenience store and restaurant within walking distance.

Room lit only by 3 dim lamps. All lamps disconnected when I arrived, with one missing a light bulb and another not screwed in properly. Decor cracked, aged and stained. Toilet not cleaned properly. Dust and dirt behind the bed and bedside table. Wifi inconsistent and had to keep going outside to maintain connection and entirely didn't work on the last morning (apparently a broader issue when I inquired at reception). Door chain lock broken. Two beds in room but only one made with all the blankets. Simply lack of care and no attention to detail. Probably worst hotel stay in my life.

Location good - about 10 minutes walk to the GM centre and next to the river front walk. Good shower.

When we got there our room wasn’t ready which we figured so when we finally got a parking spot when someone left we left and went to game and returned at 430 to check in to have their only computer crash and took over 35 min to boot back up with now a lobby full of people wanting to check in. We finally got our rooms and our second room for my sister which I paid for a anniversary gift the key fob wouldn’t work and it took them over half got to fix just before Asking them to move : so they packed everything g again and then they fixed so they unpacked again. This wasted about 2 hours of our time in New Year’s Eve and we missed our dinner so ended up eating downtown at wahlberg because everything sS booked and thAt was a wait if 1 hour Also. Then throughout the night people were up partying throughout the morning and the walls are paper thin and the disgusting language coming from our room next door wAs very in comforting for us and they had people all night there who wasn’t even staying at property. Probably hookers. Then when we were at front desk someone called for a room and he said he had a room for 219$ and I asked if I could cancel my room and take it for that price and he said it’S. No longer available when he couldn’t book it cuz computers were down. He told them to come in. So this didn’t sit well either Then upon leaving we went down to get a coffee and it was empty as four staff sat in check in area and talked and then went to make a bagel and the toasted wouldn’t toast. I sat and tried holding it down but they said that’s the best it works.

Didn’t like anything about this dump. I’ve never stayed in such a dump before and at 380 per night it’s disguisting. I can’t believe people stay here. This hotel should be rated a 1.5 if that. Dump

The in-room coffeemaker didn't work. Every time we went out the key cards wouldn't let us back in. There was no ice machine around. The pop machine ran out of product and it was never refilled.

The restaurant in the building. The staff were very professional. The location was steps from downtown.

Kind of a fleabag motel. Staff was borderline surly. Room was dark and in desperate need of updating. Cigarette burns on the comforter. Weird stains on the bathroom mirror. The “free breakfast” was mostly cereal and shriveled up muffins.

Breakfast was included. Walking distance to the Ren Center. Free parking. Decent water pressure.

The place needs a thorough clean! The bathroom/shower was covered in mold, the shower curtain was so old and stained it needed replacing. The air vents connect with the room next door and because they were smoking weed (we were in a no smoking room, so were they) we smelt it all the time. The bed spread was stained, so was the cover underneath which also had holes and patches in. We gave our towels (which were very small and thin FYI) to housekeeping to clean but they came back still stained and smelling like cigarettes. Honestly, this place isn't worth the money you pay.

I could hear SEX opera through the walls, no laundry, carpet was wet, towel total was only 4, bathing bar of soap was the size of one 1/2 finger size, one whole curtain no shear!

Two bed room. One was as hard as the floor and the other was broke down to the point where it was shaped like a hammock. Only one light out of 4 worked in the room. Tv did not work. Walls were thin and neighboring rooms were obnoxiously loud. For $120 per night i think they could atleast do better than garage sale mattresses.

The place was horrible!! The heater did not work, we were cold all night long. The bathroom was disgusting. The tu was durry and moldy, the door would. It close properly.

Cons ~ If you get cold easy, bring a spare blanket, because the bedspread is thin. No elevator to second floor. Toilet in room leaked a bit, but it still worked as needed. Wall outlets are loose, so plugs can slip out. Make sure your device is actually charging.

This hotel has made recent renovations to the dining and lobby area, and hopefully, they will make upgrades to the rooms next. I was there for Youmacon. The beds were clean and comfortable, room and bathroom clean. The tub showed wear, but it didn't prevent taking showers, and the water stayed hot, even on the night all four of us showered. Perks ~ Close to Ren Cen and Cobo. Area safe to walk in w/ friends. Why wait 45 minutes for an elevator when you can reach this hotel in 15, on foot? 24 hour free coffee. On site cafe. Courteous, helpful staff. Microwave/fridge. Good sized bathroom/closet area. Queen beds. Secure doors. Weekend evening shuttle. Overhangs outside, if it rains. Free parking.

My room was filthy, carpet sticky, overwhelming odor of air freshener and carpet powder. People coming and going and partying all night, walls very thin. Sink clogged when I arrived, pubic hair on toilet, coffee maker broken, toilet flush handle broken. Woke up on bare mattress every morning as sheet pocket too shallow. The "breakfast" was scanty and unappetizing. Would have checked out but huge convention in town and everything booked.

The staff were nice. They seemed resigned to the awfulness of the hotel, however.

Wifi did not work at all in room. There were no blankets when we arrived. ran out of TP. Room was ok - sheets clean-nice pillows. People smoking outside of rooms. Woke up by noisy people arriving in the middle of the night. Next morning undercover cops were banging on doors. We we were checking out we were literally locked into our room! Weird! Yikes fire hazard lock - had to call front desk to come and let us out! Please felt and looked warn.

Friendly staff- convientent and affordable -courtesy shuttle at night-location but i am not staying here again.

internet was so slow

beside bus stop where you can get to the down town within 10 minutes by bus they provide a free shuttle bus to any location within the city upon request good breakfast 5 minutes walking to the fabulous riverside

IT WAS VERY NOISEY ALL NIGHT LONG. AND THE WAS NO SOAP IN OUR ROOM, OR ANY KLEENEX.

IT WAS CLOSE TO THE START/FINISH LINE FOR THE DETROIT MARATHON.

Watching the street traffic upon arrival compelled us to use the supplied shuttle service. Climate control for rooms was questionable, soda machine was completely out. Could not obtain 2 working key cards for rooms or free wifi. Really did not stay to hang in the rooms, although probably should have because those F'N Lions lost to the Panthers in a game they should have won, but that is another story for another time

Proximity to Greek-town and Ford Field was walk-able, however, wasn't sure about safety . Shuttle service (Rich) was outstanding. Clique restaurant: although crowded has great food and worth the long line, order food to go and eat in the room. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Ability to leave car in parking lot after checkout was super awesome with use of shuttle service. Close to everything

The pictures on the website is s day cry from what we started at and it is a motel with no amenities the breakfast was sub par with no fruit and our "cable tv" didn't work. I didn't know you had to ask for your rooms to be cleaned and to get new towels but when I asked politely I got the service but I also got attitude from the house keeping attendant

The front desk person. That's it!

Curtains offered no privacy, carpet not clean, blood and hair on towels, lights broken in the room, no blanket on the bed, very noisy air conditioner and fridge, exposed electrical wiring. TV was not tuned in and no sound on many stations.

Location to downtown

Breakfast was terrible ----coffee, juice, less than half a dozen tiny muffins, a couple of small packets of oatmeal (like 2) and a waffle maker ---and that was it. No fruit or yogurt. On our first morning there they had cereal out for a tiny bit and then took the cereal away and said they had no milk. The rest of the days we stayed there, the breakfast was even worse and the cereal never showed up again. TV didn't initially work, and the blow dryer didn't ever work -it didn't even have a cord to plug into the wall. Hallways smelled really bad, sheets were never changed and towels were changed once.

The front desk staff were really friendly and accommodating with what they were able to work with.

It's a motel, so expect motel conditions. The lights from outside make the room bright at night. The TV was fuzzy-- not good reception on the cable, but watchable. I saw a couple bugs in the room. The blanket had a cigarette burn, but everything smelled fine and seemed clean enough. You can't turn on the heat until the fall season is over (I was there Oct 4-7), which sucks when the temperature drops to 50 degrees at night. You can request a blanket, though.

The location is great. Walking distance from Greek Town and public transportation. I took the bus to Wade's Student Center, which took about 30 minutes. The mini fridge and microwave was nice to have.

The cleanliness was quite poor. It was allegedly non-smoking, but the smell of cigarettes has settled deep into the room, carpet, curtains, linens, etc. And room service never even made the beds!

It is extremely expensive for what is essentially a run down, not cared for motel. The lobby smelt like someone had been sick and then they had tried to clean it but the smell resinated. When you left the lobby you then saw the sick. The room was dated and the carpet actually looked like it was alive. The bed had stained pillows and sheets. The bathroom had enamel peeling off of the units, cigarette burns in the sink and the shower barely turned on. The fixtures were falling off of the appliances. The breakfast although free was inedible. God knows what that maple syrup is. I do alot of travelling and I've stayed in some awful places. I don't make a habit of leaving bad reviews and I'm by no means a snob. This is the worst accommodation I've ever stayed in.

The bed was comfy. There is nothing else positive about this hotel. See below.

Parking lot was dirty, shady people hanging outside all night. Didn't feel safe at night. Bugs in the room and was charged more than Booking.com quoted me.

Location was near River Front

Absolute last resort. This was such a disappointing hotel. The rooms and facilities were run down despite the website saying it was newly renovated (maybe ten years ago). The air con was so loud we ended up turning it off. You also couldn't change the control as the knobs were broken. The car park seemed to have cars coming and going with loud music. We got zero sleep our stay here and probably would have slept better in our car. The staff were super friendly however and helpful

The room had a very musty smell, their was mold all in the shower, then in the middle of the nite we had an issue with someone pounding on our door and window, called the front desk and she said she would send security down, no one showed up for about ten minutes, with whoever was outside our room still pounding away thought they were gonna get our door open, was very frightening and upsetting being in a city we do not know and unsure of our surroundings.called police,then front desk again she said again she would send security after I told her I had called police, security showed up, whoever was doing the pounding stated that they were searching for their boyfriend and they thought they were in our room and then left before police showed up, when police showed up front desk clerk made a caddy remark about our saviors showing up.

The location was very nice and close to what we wanted to do. The day staff was very nice and helpful.

Attitude of the staff stunk. As a result the cleanliness of the room was horrible. There was mildew on the shower curtain, no facial tissue, mattress sagged in the middle, the floor was not vacuumed,etc,etc.

It had locks on the door.

We left our car unlocked and a whole bag of change about 30. Bucks was stolen out of it nothing else was taken and that was the only issue but that's not the company's fault.

The the stay was okay....bed ws comfy. only issue we had was the toilet was clogged which was fixable.....oh and the tub clogged as well....but drained slowly...i guess ...we checked out.

When I was there the WIFI signal was strong but I there was no internet access.

Walk to downtown or riverfront. Clean room, nice staff. Lowest price near downtown/midtown Detroit.

The desk clerk ordered a pizza on my credit card after we checked in. The counter was high, blocking sight of the desk, including any paperwork. The clerk swiped my card 4 or 5 times. I later found a $37 charge for pizza, 2 blocks up the street, while we were out for the evening.

There was a great diner attached to the motel

Small room Uncomfortable bed. Broken coffee maker. No safe in room. Small bathroom. Lousy TV reception. Slow WiFi.

It was close to Ford Field. Shuttle service.

The smell in the lobby was discomforting. It set the tone for the entire stay. The smell in the room was not as bad as the lobby. The sense of freshness fully escaped this property. Also, this is a motel, and that should have been clear, which was not reflected anywhere. Lastly, the bed linen was soiled, the pillows were lumpy, & the pillowcases had wrinkles as if someone was sleeping on them right before we entered the room! Also, the rating system skews the numbers so watch out. I had to give the staff a lesser score just so the property would fall in the 2 range. This place is a dump!

The proximity to the Majestic Theatre.

The hotel was very loud, the rooms were paper thin, you could hear everyone walking around, talking, having sex.... you didn't feel very safe , no bottled water on the property, beds were very uncomfortable, tv reception wasn't good. I never write bad reviews, but i want people who are going here to know what there in for. There are nicer hotels in the area for around the same price range.

i like that they had a shuttle to get us to the Detroit Lions game and back. We loved the river walk.

First room was awful; had to ask for another room. 2nd-curtain crispy & hanging open. Shower water pooled a foot up my leg. Room smelled of cigarette smoke both days. Employees smoked at the entrance to the lobby. 2nd floor sidewalk dipped & held water right down the middle. Could not adjust a/c, no blanket.

Location. Cont brkfst.b

On the first room given to us on upstairs, airconditioning cover was missing. Lighting not function well. Cannot remenber room number.

Near Downtown locations. free internet, WIFI and breakfast. Friendly staffs. I would recogment to my friends.

Wasn't very clean. It smelled very bad. For a "Non-Smoking" room it sure smelled a lot like cigarettes and smoke. There was a weird hole/gap in the wall. The comforter had stains. The nightstand was sticky. There were dead bugs on the bathroom floor. The towels had stains. You had to flush the toilet just right then fix the flusher or else the toilet would run. There were loud people right outside all night. Did not feel very safe.

The staff at the desk were very nice and efficient. It's very close to the Riverwalk and the tunnel to Canada.

Almost everything. This is a run-down place with filthy, dirty and stinky rooms. If you want crazy, drunken folks or drug addicts as neighbors who shout and fight all night or break down in front of your door, that's the place to go!

The orange juice at breakfast and the proximity to the city center.

Motel claimed to have free wi-fi in the rooms. This was not the truth. The wi-fi worked only in the lobby. Since I brought work with me, this deception was very inconvenient.

Location was convenient.

Some plugs didnt work. Only one of the light work. No connections and very poor wifi. Blow dryer in bathroom didnt work.

Great location. You can walk to the riverwalk and enjoy the walk and beatiful views. The lake is beatiful also.

All of our rooms weren't ready until after 7 PM when check in was at 2 PM. They told me that all rooms would be on the lower level, and they were not. Also, the time it took to check in took forever. I think they need to upgrade their computer equipment.

The location, price, and the restaurant up front.

It wasn't clean at all, it smell so bad, it was so dark, there was hair in the bathroom, it smell like cigarette, and we saw the house keeping personal smoking inside the rooms while "cleaning". The front desk personal "not nice at all"... Very disappointing...

The location.

Lighting in the room was poor.

Transportation was provided to the restaurant district. This was punctual, friendly and free. They were also on call to provide return transportation. Adequate parking was available.

The hotel room could have been cleaned a little better. When we got in the room wasn't even vacuumed. The hotel beds had like, beef jerky or something under the fitted sheets that you could clearly see. The bathtub didn't drain properly so there was standing water for about 45 minutes after one of us would take a shower and there was no hot water. All of the appliances wouldn't stay plugged into the outlets because they were actually broken and we had a hard time trying to get any lighting to work aside from the heat lamp in the bathroom. The front desk woman when we checked in seemed like we were inconveniencing her by being there, and when we were trying to check out we had to wait ten minutes for a different woman to finish her cigarette outside after she saw us standing there.

I didn't like anything. It was really kind of sketchy.

Unclean in the area between lobby and walkway to north side of the hotel. A bit run down.

Decent, no frills Hotel near Detroit River and Greektown. Good price/value for the room/location, and free parking.