Reviews of Riverwalk Plaza Hotel 3 stars

100 Villita Street, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA

#162 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

• Standard Double Double

The rooms were old and falling apart. The music coming from the pool area was on until 11pm and when I rang to ask them to turn it off they said they would...at midnight it was still going. The room I had only had one window that looked out onto a walkway so everyone could see in to the room if the blind was open. The staff were rude and unhelpful on every occasion I had to deal with them.

The location is relatively good with easy access to the riverwalk. The lobby areas have been renovated however that's the only area that has received attention.

• Standard Double Double River View

noisy could hear everyone when they closed their doors from floor above and below and could hear people out in the halls very clearly.

location was good and room was clean and nice but hall ways looked very very unkept and old

• Standard Double Double River View

Bed felt like a cloud great bar really nice people working there very good at parking they even aloud us to leave our truck in parking garage after we checked out until 3:00 ...check out time is 11:00 they aloud a late check out until 12:00 we left truck in garage and walk the river walk until 3:00.. it was my husband birthday he said he had the best birthday ever I recommend you get a balcony so nice beautiful view of the river you can watch the boats go by ....good place and just a foot away to the river walk ...has a nice nice restaurant and a beautiful pool area very good location of the river ...very clean and all refreshing to the spirit we had a great time and would stay again ....

• Standard Double Double

Bedding had dark hair on it. Bathroom was dirty. Tub and baseboards were dirty. Booking stated we would have a poolside room our view was of the courthouse on the 6th floor no where near the pool.

Staff was friendly and location was easy to access Riverwalk and other San Antonio attractions. The pool was decent but enjoyed the deck mostly.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Room was not as clean as you would want it to be. Surprise extra fees like 17.99 each day just park your car at the hotel 😜

Easy to get to river walk and all the shops.

• Standard Double Double

I nearly burnt the soles of my feet on the fake grass, but that was my fault.

The room was 10 steps from the pool which although it was surrounded by high walls was a sun trap for most of the day.

• Standard Double Double

The foyer and pool area must have been remodeled fairly recently, as they are MUCH better than the rooms. It makes it a bit disappointing when you get out of the elevator on your floor! The cross trainer in the fitness Centre was terrible - I had to stop after less than a minute as it was hurting my calves

The pool area, foyer and hotel restaurant food were great. The location was spectactular - perfect for the river walk. Staff were extremely helpful

• Standard King

Parking was 17.00 a night, but it was first come first park. Very steep corkscrew entry to the parking garage. And only one lane in and out.So if your vehicle isn’t running well then forget it your not going to make it up. The spaces are very narrow, and not enough parking vs rooms. Our tub in the room had rust and the ceiling panel supports were rusted as well. The appearance to the hotel was very worn and out dated for the money. No restaurant or bar in hotel, it’s next door and not affiliated with the hotel. Not on riverwalk it’s actually across the street and at the end of the riverwalk where the channels begin. Which is where the homeless tend to gather to sleep and rest. No where near the active area that is well known for its festive activities. The hotel is across from the red courthouse, and not much to see. They leave earplugs so you can sleep from the noise coming from the pool which is in the courtyard. Better off staying at a holiday inn or Marriott, if your rating this place high then you haven’t stayed in many hotels or have low expectations for the money paid. $416.00 for two nights wasn’t worth the stay. Won’t return or recommend to anyone. Equal to a cheep apartment complex. The only thing updated was the lobby, anything beyond was not well maintained.

The staff was the only thing good about the hotel

• Standard Double Double River View

It would have been nice to know about the extra $50 a day hold on my credit card. I understand it is to cover any damages that may occur, but knowing about it prior would have been nice.

This place was amazing and the newly remodeled rooms were very nice! Everyone was extremely friendly and you can't beat the price for the location.

• Standard Double Double

The window in the room was not properly installed. 3panes were out of order and let street noise in. I liked using the pool but it is too shallow

Proximity to the riverwalk. Friendly and helpful staff

• Standard Double Double

This was our fault, but if you want quiet, don't ask for a room near the pool. otherwise, everything was good.

This is a fairly basic hotel, located on the Riverwalk (although on one end, but still a great place to start the Riverwalk experience) Rooms are clean and neat, good parking, a little pricey, but what the heck, this is a resort type area!

• Standard Double Double

The pool hours could be extended.

Property had an excellent location and everything was in close proximity. We felt very safe. The beds very very comfortable. The staff, especially housekeeping, was very accommodating and friendly.

• Standard Double Double

I did not like anything, we had to be moved as room was dirty and I could not believe it the second room was also. Said it to staf and they said they talk to house keeping.

• Standard King

There were problems with 1 elevator in which they were working on.

Good location, friendly staff. Hotel was clean, comfortable, and a short walk to all of the action at the river walk.

• Standard Double Double

Roonms should be updated.

Lovely reception Hotel roomso and floors appear to be in the processale of being updated. They are a bit dated. Nice touches in room like remote control wipes, face wipes, earphones plugs etc Close to river walk

• Deluxe Queen Room

Place was very welcoming, the rooms were clean and loved those non carpeted floors. Liked the fact that we could leave our car in the parking garage til 3pm after checking out while touring the town.

This place well located near the riverwalk and to the Alamo....good exercise after driving all day.

• Standard Double Double River View

Some parts of the hotel were outdated but this didn't affect my trip at all. Wish there were more eating options

Large rooms with plenty of space, fantastic location where you can walk everywhere.

• Standard Double Double River View

The room that I received wasn't the one that I chose. I rented a room with a sitting room and received one with only 2 beds. The staff said that's a problem with booking.com, not them.

• Standard Double Double

Carpets in the hallways were dirty. We were in a renovated room, however no drawers or shelving units were added. We were there for 8 days, it would have been nice to be able to unpack. There was one closet with 8 hangers.

The location was good, just a couple of blocks from the River Walk. The pool area was nice. There are plenty of plug ins and an area outside of the bathroom with a mirror and plug in so that 1 person can be showering while the other person is blow drying their hair, etc.

• Standard King

The bed was comfy, the room was large, the balcony view was excellent, the hotel staff is welcoming, knowledgeable and accommodating. It is conveniently located within walking distance to restaurants, shopping and historic sites.

• Standard Double Double

The bathroom needed a remodeling, the person at the coffee shop needs to learn how to make a mocha, it's not regular coffee with chocolate syrup.

Location was great!

• Standard King

Hotel looks like it was due for some maintainence and updating. No towels in pool area and no one brought new ones or checked in over two hour.

Location was great, lobby was nice, bar was nice. Awesome pool area.

• Standard Double Double

One enterance/exit for parking garage. Made leaving a bit tricky.

Very clean, comfortable hotel. It is right on the riverwalk and close to everything downtown.

• Standard Double Double

Ask for pool side and rooms next to each other when i made reservations. One room on forth floor n other on fifth floor. Had to pay for our vehicle parking in hotel parking lot. Not one window to look out just the pool view

• Standard King

The room was very noisy with no acoustic isolation towards the street or pool. Earplugs are even complementary in the room. This needs to be fixed for me to be back.

The location was great. The room was very clean and big.

• Standard Double Double River View

Our tub didn't drain very good and I reported it and the front desk clerk promptly took note of it.

It was a good price for the location. It was within 10 min walks of most tourist attractions.

• Standard Double Double

I did not realize my room was an interior room and would of liked the option to choose a view. I found the lack of natural light a little off putting but that meant I was forced to not stay in room beyond sleeping so it's ok. The elevators were busy but the stairwells did not go to the lobby. They send an email after booking to offer extras. I added a single breakfast for one day but the charge on the billing was weird as if I was charged each day. There was no problem fixing it upon check out.

The hotel was very conviently located and had a roof top pool. Housekeeping was very prompt. I returned to my room at 11am one day to pick up something and it had already been cleaned. At checkout, they confirmed all extra charges rather than just handing me the summary.

• Standard Double Double

The check in process went smooth, the staff was nice but just missing a little bit of enthusiasm/welcoming.

Location was great! We thought our room was very comfortable and the beds extremely comfortable. The first morning my friend met Gabriel while getting her morning coffee, he was such a delight and gave us great tips on San Antonio.

• Standard Double Double

The beds and pillows were comfortable. The appearance needed attention. Areas need painting and updating. The restaurant and wait staff were very good. There was no hotel directory to give info about hotel. You need a laundry room.

• Standard Double Double

Bar staff was good fun, coffee from shop was good. The walk to downtown fun was just a few minutes away. But hotel is far enough away that it's quiet at night.

• Standard Double Double River View

Upstairs corridor carpets would benefit from being cleaned and paintwork is a little tired.

Location was ideal for our brief visit to San antonio. Room was comfortable. Bar/restaurant beneath hotel is good value.

• Standard Double Double

It’s an older property that needs some TLC in some areas. Our view was of the courthouse. There were times I was a little fearful walking to the Riverwalk, as there are many homeless people in the area. They never approached us or talked to us. The restaurant was a joke. Our bill was $70 for three adults and a child for BREAKFAST!. The waitress was inquisitive and respectful, however, every time we asked for something she NEVER BROUGHT IT!! After quite some time, another waiter came and asked if we needed anything... ketchup! 15 minutes ago! We had to ask for our check.. twice! They were NOT BUSY! I loved the location but the few incidents with the restaurant, the security of walking in this area and $170 a night, will prevent me from giving them a good review or from recommending this hotel.

• Standard Double Double River View

this was my second time staying in this hotel and within the year between stays they have almost fully renovated. I came mid-updates so there was still some construction around us but it didn’t effect our sleep or anything. the coffee shop downstairs is some of the best coffee i’ve ever had. they also have vegan options at the coffee shop and the restaurant which as a vegan, is hard to come by sometimes!! the bed is comfy and the staff is so nice!! even let us check in early since our room was ready.

• Standard Double Double

The rooms weren't clean! Absolutely NOT what I've expected and wanted! We've paid 114 bucks for ONE night, and okay, we didn't book a 5* hotel, but cleanliness isn't a matter of stars or class of a hotel! I've seen motel 6s which were cleaner! We've gotten to the room for our mini romantic vacation in San Antonio. 2 pillow cases had stains of Mascara and what not on there, the sheet had a little blood stain, the coffee maker was so dusty that you would have to clean it to be willing to use it. It was hair in the sink and on the bed. Disgusting. The room was on floor 5, an older floor with old furniture. Not what I've seen on photos on booking.com. This reminded us of an old LA Quinta or so. We've asked for another room, so the house keeping Manager promised us a new room with better quality. We've changed rooms, I was so relieved. The room was more modern and smelled cleaner. But: another pillow with Mascara stains, hair on the sheet... And even after we've decided it won't be any better in any other room and we'll stay there for one night, then we've found a used contact lens next to the tap in the bathroom. Not cool. So that was the proof the house keeping doesn't do the job properly. It's a shame, because we've liked the facilities there and the area, but we'll never come back here! You get a room for less in the Holiday INN express or 4 Points Sheraton, which will be cleaner, I'm sure. P. S. They charge you a 50$deposit I didn't know anything beforehand either.

The location was awesome, nice facilities in the room. It was a 5min walk to the beautiful river walk, 7min to the market square - perfect! The lobby with its facilities was nice, and you'd rather wanna sleep there than in the rooms! It's new, modern, clean (the lobby!)

• Standard King

Hotel itself was under construction and convenient downstairs restrooms were closed. Hopefully that's good news for future trips. We had a nice pool view but we were disappointed with the 3rd floor cage around our sliding door to the pool area and the artificial turf instead of actual landscaping. Also, a lot of parts of the common areas were closed due to work on the building. Price was too high for the lack of a decent view and lack of swanky accommodations -- it was more like a motel, except it was close to most of the things you will want to do.

The location is very nice. We loved being next to cathedral square and seeing the incredible projection of SA history on the face of the building. The square has musicians and snacks and a nice history museum. The walk to the busy part of the river is not far... and if you like a more secluded walk, the hotel is perched over a quieter part of the River Walk. Hotel is also close to the mercado with plenty of places to eat -- one of the Mexican food restaurants is even open 24-hours. Alamo is not far away in the opposite direction and there are plenty of attractions there. Parking at the hotel was nice with in and out privileges.

Bed comfy

Hotel was not on the Riverwalk overlooked a quiet bit of the river and a car park surrounded by strange people on a night. Very scary when walking by home.

• Standard Double Double

The room was a bit dated, however, we had what we needed and everything was clean.

The location was excellent. The bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast (which isn't included but a restaurant is on the property). The staff was responsive and very nice.

• Standard Double Double

The entry to the drive-in lobby area could be better signposted. The acoustics of the hotel are weird and you seem to hear the slightest noise from any room near to you.

This hotel is in a great location for the price with only a few minutes walk to the Riverside Walk and Plaza

• Standard Double Double

Nothing bad to say about this property

The location was a short 10-15 min away from downtown. The staff was courteous and willing to give us suggestions as to what to do on our first visit to San Antonio

• Standard Double Double

Very noisyroom by pool. Providing ear plugs - not the answer. You need to sound proof the rooms better and figure out how to stop the constant noise of the cleaning staff rolling the carts on cemement floors outside room

great location for the price

• Standard Double Double

Very thin walls. Noisy. Can hear the water and fans next door. Corridors kind of creepy with harsh lighting yet room lighting almost too dim for reading. Great high def TV. No extra blankets.

Excellent new mattress. Upgraded bathroom with great tub. Wonderful cafe with good food at low prices. Helpful staff.

• Standard Double Double

The upgrades to the hotel are very attractive. We enjoyed our clean and comfortable room. The restaurant Downstairs was very inviting, and the breakfast was great! The staff at the hotel were friendly and prompt. We enjoyed our weekend stay.

• Standard Double Double

Coffee in their coffee shop was pretty bad. I got a cappuccino and it was all milk, no foam and didn't taste like much of anything. Sad thing was that the lady who was making it was training someone else how to do it.

Perfect location! For the price this place is wonderful. They're under a bit of construction but I wasn't bothered by it.

• Standard Double Double

They charged me $17.94 a day to park in the hotel, which wpuld not be a problem if I had not already paid to stay there. Rip off. The room was dirty and a bunch of kids ran up and down the hall all night.

Right by the River walk

• Standard Double Double

The pool was kind of small.

The hotel has its own parking area with about $18 charge per night which is fine, I would rather pay that then leave my car outside in the public parking unprotected. It was nice walking around to different shops and the Riverwalk. The hotel has its own bar which is nice and the bartender she was really nice, knowledgeable and awesome! She makes her own in house infused vodkas and great Moscow mule!

• Standard Double Double

Room was very clean and staff was extremely helpful. We were there for the Cocoa Half and they helped us out tremendously- printed directions for close restaurant, offered to hold our bags (because we didn't think that part through!) Would definitely stay again!!

• Standard King

They were doing some major renovations and the smell of paint and tile glue was rough. They were doing in on the 5th & 6th floors and in the lobby area but it permeated into our rooms on the 4th floor.

The rooms overall were very, very nice. The extra large King bed was very comfortable. We only ate breakfast at the restaurant and it was good. The girls at the front desk were very helpful and courteous. It was literally across the road from an entrance to the Riverwalk!

• Standard Double Double

The staff called throughout the night saying we were being loud. We were laying in bed trying to sleep. It happened 4 times and were threatened to be kicked out.

• Standard Double Double

The reception could not show the details when checking-out and the amount for the payment was not same to the amount of the reservation.

It is not so far from the down town

• Standard Double Double

The bath tub had a constant leak and was rusted at the spigot. The evening front desk clerk was a bit snooty but overall not bad.

The evening restaurant /bar staff were great.

• Standard Double Double

The hotel was extremely dirty, the rooms were nasty, the elevators were nasty. It's like nobody ever cleaned. The same nasty fingerprints were on the elevator doors the day we arrived and the same ones were there the day we left 3 days later. The restaurants food was subpar, and the woman at the counter charge me $50 for a cup of coffee which I had to wait do you have come back into my account for a few days. We were on the 6th floor and it wreaked of pool water, all you smelled was chlorine the whole time. The beds were so uncomfortable, mine sounded Hollow and every time you moved all I heard was echoing of the springs.. this was in our second room, our first room was too dirty to inhabit. There were nasty white stains on the chair and the Sheets Were slept in. The staff were very quick to correct the problem though... however for the price I expected better. Usually we stay at the Omni and get a better experience and I think I should just keep going back

The property was right off the Riverwalk, the staff was very friendly and quick to correct any problems.

• Standard Double Double

The parking garage only had one entrance and exit, and it was very steep. You had to be careful and watch for the go and stop sign, if not it would be incredibly easy to get in a car accident. One night when being there the light read stop and I waited for 10 minutes with no cars coming out, went in to tell the people in lobby and was told it was probably stuck and would get maintence in the morning. That made me feel a little uneasy.

I enjoyed that my room had a view of the river walk from the balcony.

• Standard Double Double

The bathroom was so small a person could sit on the toilet AND brush their teeth at the same time, spitting in the sink.

The beds were incredibly good. We had a Great sleep!!

• Standard King

We booked a room with a jacuzzi tub for 150 per night that was supposed to be a river view room. The front desk lady was rude and said we get a pool view. We get up to our room that was smaller than a motel 6 room and a small tiny tub. We called down to explain and we were told oh no those rooms are an additional 100 per night. Plus they charged us 17.99 to park our car!! We checked out immediately. Don’t go here unless you want to get ripped off and spend way more money for a tiny jail cell block room. We went down the street the the Hyatt Place and for 107 got an awesome room. Very spacious and the staff was excellent. No jacuzzi tub but much more worth the price!!

• Standard Double Double River View

The bed were SUPER hard and they only provide a light blanket. The hotel is old and VERY rundown in the areas that they haven't updated yet. Linens were all clean, but the walls and ceilings could use a good scrubbing.

The hotel was at one end of the river walk, which made everything really convenient to walk to for entertainment and dining. The game room and updated parts of the hotel were really nice and the staff was friendly.

• Standard Double Double

The parking fee. I booked based on the price, but then had to pay extra,voiding why I booked this place. The walls are very thin. You can here the romantic evenings at night and the children running through the halls in the morning.

• Standard Double Double

I honestly have nothing bad to say about the hotel.

I loved the location. I asked the lady for the highest room and she gave me exactly what I asked for. Great front desk ladies so nice and they gave me good and acurrate info. Room was clean and was very comfortable

• Standard King

I didn't like how thin the comforter was, an extra blanket and bath robes in the room would have been extra nice.

I liked the balcony in my room, I enjoyed stepping out on it in the a.m., the toiletries had a great scent, the art throughout was nice to look at and being off the riverwalk on the quieter side was muy pleasant.

• Standard Double Double River View

A little tired in the hall ways and garage entrance, but clean and comfy beds.

Few shortstops to River walk Covered parking for $18.00. VERY reasonable for the location.

• Standard Double Double River View

1 was unfortunatley greeted with probably the only rude person they had when I checked in. I booked it for $232 and some change. On their important details they do not state they charge for parking for thier guests nor that they charge a $50 deposit for everynight even when they dont take pets. This added up quickly amd left me very strapped. I was here for a football combine for my son to aquire scholarships, not to have a good time. This should be disclosed when bookimg. I cpuld have stayed and will stay elsewhere next year for the same price.

The location was perfect for being downtown able to walk anywhere

• Standard Double Double

Pay to park inside the hotel property is extremely unpleasant. I didn’t check this information before booking, so it was kind of an expensive surprise when they charged me 15usd per night at the check in. The Historic San Antonio area has some public parking, but they’re all expensive too and you have to recharge it every six hours or so. Believe me, you will want to stay at a hotel with parking (preferably when it’s free or cheaper than outside) and then walk or Uber around town to go to the attractions. Although this hotel is located on the quiet side of the Riverwalk it’s pretty noisy around (cars and trains, and people talking), they give you some earplugs to help you sleep (I didn’t need one because I sleep very well in any kind of condition, but if you’re not like me, don’t stay here).

It’s San Antonio, so you’ll end up liking it anyway. The hotel was “ok”.

• Standard Double Double

The hotel in general is OK (not great either). However, we are not happy with the hotel manager on duty that day with her attitude. We checked into a room and when my wife was trying to take a shower, she couldn't turn on the faucet for a few minutes. Even after my trying for another 5 minutes, the faucet was stubbornly stuck. My wife almost got sick in the cold. The hotel engineer later confirmed that the faucet was malfunctioning, so they had to change another room for us (we had to pack everything again and move at a pretty late hour in the evening). Probably because no similar room was available, they "upgraded" us to a room supposedly having a better view (for which we did not ask). When I complained to the hotel manager on duty, she refused to offer any compensation for all the trouble we had (she said the rate was set by Booking.com so she couldn't change it, but she still refused when I suggested maybe she could alternatively compensate us a little by reducing the parking charge). Her attitude was that she already gave us an "upgrade" for free as if she was doing us a favor, discounting all the trouble we had. So mainly for the hotel management's attitude towards customer satisfaction we are very disappointed.

• Standard Double Double

I didn't like the desk clerk she was rude and uncordial the same person I got last summer we stay there often not anymore

I saw my broom when booking and I was to get a king size bed and what look like a nice size room as it turned out I was giving two doubles and a matchbox for a room and it sucked

• Standard Double Double

The lobby presents well but the rooms are in need of updating. Carpet in both the room and hallways was sticky and musty; probably not good for those with allergies; however the bedding was very clean and comfortable. The bath room was very small, cramped toilet space and the shower/bath taps were a challenge to navigate.

Great location convenient to the Riverwalk. Undercover, secure parking was onsite at $17.00 per night. Staff allowed us to leave our vehicle on-site after check-out until the next check-in time which was great.

The fire alarm going off at 1:00 am in the morning......lol

The location was excellent for the going to riverwalk, the missions, and the pearl district. The room was comfortable as well

• Standard Double Double

Limited parking @$17.99/night, staff @ front desk could be nicer. Many fees/taxes but that may be just San Antonio...Hotel is dated...

Location, rooms well equipped though little dated, very nice game room next to lobby.

• Standard Double Double

Love this hotel! Very comfortable beds with excellent pillows! Cute retro fridge, murphy ironing board, and a lighted make-up mirror in the room. I loved the laminate flooring too. Very friendly staff. Short walk to main riverwalk attractions.

• Standard Double Double

The room service person is rude. I did not leave tip one day for I ran out cash that day. When I came back, I found all my pillows thrown on the floor. Also the temperature of my room was set to the lowest under cooling mode, when it is late December now.

The location is perfect, which is very close to the Riverwalk and the San Fernando Cathedral. The front desk receptionists are very friendly and helpful. My room is large and fairly clean. The embedded cafe and bar on the first floor are also very cute.

• Standard Double Double

Beds were full size not queen and too small. Room door/window faced the courtyard one floor below which made you go outside in bad weather if you left your room. A lot of noise. Room damp.

Bed were comfortable and room was clean. A restaurant downstairs and coffee bar on site for breakfast.

Pool closed earlier than I would of preferred. It was busy when we went, and there was an extremely long line for the elevator. If you didn't mind the stairs, then it was much quicker. Had it not been busy, there wouldn't have been a problem.

Easy to get to the Riverwalk. Very clean. Friendly staff. Security was great. Pool area was clean.

• Standard Double Double

Walls are paper thin!! We could hear the guy in the next room snoring. Hotel did provide ear plugs, which initially we thought was weird, but actually VERY useful.

Beds were small, but super comfy!! Front desk staff was very helpful.

• Standard Double Double

The price was high for the value. The hotel is a little old and smells like old. No breakfast included. It's a bit noisy in the room.

The location is nice, very close to the river walk. The staff is friendly. The hotel is being slowly renovated I think so the new design of the reception area looks good.

• Standard King

I was unaware of the pre charge for parking. We were dropped off & did not need parking but I was told it's reimbursed. Also it was a little odd to not have a comforter on the bed. It was a lot of layered sheets but it was enough to stay comfy.

Everything was fantastic from the time I booked to check out.

• Standard Double Double

We did not like that there was a $20 daily parking fee; as if all this holiday spending wasn’t enough. The hotel had all the necesary ameneties but it could use some remodeling. Some of the doors/walls were turning a darker color from the bottom up as if they were dirty. Also, there was no pleeasant hotel smell as we walked it...very dull.

Very close to rivercenter mall, clean rooms and super comfy beds!

• Standard Double Double

The staffs are particularly aggressive and not helpful. They were just demanding particular credit card. The Rooms are okay, but housekeeping awful. The room service could be improved a lot. Sometimes, they forgot replace the pillows, room service forgot to place the shower cartoons. It was my last day of stay here. The used bodywash bottles were not cleared from bathroom. The room service is terrible.You can try to look for other options down the street. There is HOLIDAY INN and Druvy Inn& suites, many more. There are better options. I would not recommend.

The location is great and cost of the hotel is cheap. Thats all. Nothing else.