Reviews of Indy Speedway Inn 1 stars

3851 Shore Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46254, USA

#120 of 137 hotels in Indianapolis

6.2

6.2

It was okay but crappy at the same time. When we arrived we got into our room and it was still dirty
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When we arrived we got into our room and it was still dirty from the previous person so we sat our bags on the stand and waited for a long time before some came to clean. When they cleaned they left empty dirty beer bottles I guess assuming it might have been us. It wasn’t. And still even if it was housekeeping should have cleaned the room thoroughly. Was still left gross after being cleaned.

It’s was ok. But won’t be staying again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds blankets were itchy, after two showers our bath tub filled up and we had to wait for it to drain, out tv setting were in Spanish 😖👎🏻 And the owner guy wasn’t very nice to my little brother 👎🏻😡

Adequate for the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Inconsistent on if and when there would be breakfast. Requested the inside of the front door be cleaned as there was something splashed on the door that resembled red Kool-Aide. This was not done. When checking room there was food left in the frig and a CD left in the CD player. Dog was allowed to freely roam the dining area on Saturday morning. No breakfast was available on Sunday morning when we checked at 7 AM. AC unit was load and had two temps - on full and fan only.

Friendly and attentive. Seemed willing to please. Good location and outside was clean and freshly painted.

The manager did his best under the circumstances.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was not well managed. The parking lot had not been plowed, people parked crazy and a school bus was blocking access to the parking spaces. No room keys & the description was different than online.

That we were able to still get the room we had booked on bookit.com.

Clean, comfortable rooms and friendly staff!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Motion sensor living room light came on several times I rolled over in bed . When I turned off bathroom light and it was completely dark it stopped!

Clean rooms and was able to park at my door!

I'll consider paying a few extra dollars next time for a cleaner Inn!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first room I was given was disgusting with strong smoke smell, Small room and bathroom was filthy! The 2nd room was a little cleaner and larger...and no signs of bed bugs!!! : ) Didn't appreciate the guy taking an old fashioned imprint of my CC! I told him I was concerned about id theft, and he promised me that it would be shredded and that it's safe....ok, I guess I'm just supposed to believe him!?? Lol! I then took it back and scribbled out the #'s on his copy! Oh and the trash sitting at the entry way...very appealing!! I hate to say it, but I'd have rather stayed at my ex-in-laws house!! Lol!! Also, I've never seen a 40 year old Camper sitting in a parking lot against a hotel right below my room before! Lol!!! YES, it happened!! Looks like it hadn't moved in QUITE a while too!! GROSS!!! I bet it was still cleaner than the room I stayed in!!!

No Breakfast at ALL!! And I didn't see any roaches! : ) The middle-eastern man working the front desk bragged how they were the official Indy Speedway Inn for ALL the Racers!! Yeah, RIGHT!!!!!!! Maybe 30 years ago!!! Lol!!!

Fine for one night stay when you just need a place to sleep.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Fine for one night stay when you just need a place to sleep. Owners checked us in, they are lovely people. Rooms were clean but old and beat up. Asked for extra pillows and blankets and were told there were none to spare.

Fair place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was charged on the credit card I used to hold the room before I arrived and I wanted it charged to a different card and was told that wasnt possible. Restroom floors and wallswere not clean. There was no parking near our room. We had to park on the opposite side of the building.

Location was close to where we were going.

Felt uncomfortable with the lack of cleanliness of the bed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed sheets couldn’t have been changed before we got the room. Here were literally at least 20 VERY LONG black hairs all throughout the sheets, comforter and pillow area and in the shower. Most were right at the pillow area of the bed. Gross. The sheets were not smooth or tightly tucked, it was as if someone romped on them and then pulled up the covers and left The sheets definitely were not checked and changed for a new guest. The dining area looked gloomy and dim. No one was in there, but it was after 10 am when we checked out.

Close enough to my venue

Not a good experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I already sent a note to the Inn - Cleaning crew not doing a good job and phone did not work and some electrical ? wiring showing and needs to be covered up - Not a good experience

The place needs to fire its cleaning crew and get someone in to fix things

Not worth the money you save
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had to ask for soap every day Sheets were clean but stained Worker at front desk had big dog, jumped on my son and scratched him

Close to Butler University, easy drive Clean

When we pulled the covers back from both beds there was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we pulled the covers back from both beds there was makeup all over one of the sheets and there were crumbs all over the other sheets so we did not sleep under the covers we slept on top of the comforters it was so hot in our room we had to turn the air on and keep the door open for 20 minutes for the coolness to get in the room and there were cobwebs all over the ceiling all the way around the edges definitely not worth $148 that it cost us to stay there

Very good place to stay if you're on business and won't be at the inn much...

Before arriving, extreme confusion on payments, pricing, and number of rooms booked... Tried to cancel my reservation, tried to have me pay more than what I saw on booking.com

The staff once arrived was very, very, very friendly.... Very good place to rest and go...

Absolutely No Value for Your Money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything!! Unprofessional staff. Dirty and smoke scented rooms and stairway with garbage and grime. Absolutely no value for money when compared with similar facilities.

3.5
    Nice owners, but rooms were dirty
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms were SO dirty- pillows were stained, floor was sticky, kleenex holder inside vanity was stuffed full of someone else's trash.

A very nice owner and a decent breakfast.

Friendly place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some restaurants close by, some across W38th witch is 8 lanes at that point.

Easy to get to, close to the places we need too go too. Easy downtown access but far enough out that it was not crowded.

This hotel needs inspection!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room had a strong smoke odor. Urine stain on outside of toilet. Hair in shower Room outdated. Carpet stained Several lights did not work. Bed sheets had not been changed. Room never cleaned and did not see a maid on the premises during our 3 day stay.

location acceptable

watch that they don't rip you off
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

advertised pool. No pool. No continental breakfast that was advertised. My reservation was for 2 beds but when got there was only given 1 bed then told had to pay $20 extra a night to get the 2beds. Was a ripoff.

Terrible, do not stay here
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty bathroom, soda or something spilled all over the bottom of door still there. Coat hangers were all dusty showing me there's been no real cleaning done. No hot water for showers in the a.m.bed uncomfortable and over all just a dirty room. cheap gross soap, 1 drawer for clothes..NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN..NEVER

Really nothing, owners were pretty good people. I had no options and this was my last resort for our business trip

Indy 500 weekend

Fresher bath products

Johnny B & staff are very accommodating and try really hard to make your stay a pleasant one. I was in town for the 101st running of the Indy 500 race and to say the town is overcrowded is an understatement!! But, it was a nice friendly hotel that made a single woman staying alone in a strange town very comfortable.

Great location, but.....
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Big dog at office entrance was scary,had to ask attendant to hold her dog.Linen had staims on it . I used our towels to sleep on. I had to call at check out to check out by phone do to the dog infront of office.

Location is great .staff was nice.accomodated us with parking for our trailor.had a good view of oir trailor.

I liked the service from the staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the loud music from other guests at 7am that were playing it in the parking lot.

I liked the service from the staff. It was central to all my destinations in Indy. The location was great.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Didn't have many choices at the last minute.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They didn't put clean sheets on our beds, just pulled them up to look made up. Also didn't take dirty towels or leave enough clean ones.?

The price was decent.

Not a good place to stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean. Strange stains on the wall and sticky goo on the bed table. Doors opened to the outside and we could hear everyone all nigh long. Cold shower in the morning.

The people at the front desk were friendly.

Hotel lies beware
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Booked queen room on line they didn't have any no breakfast liked advertising no microwaves in room had to walk out in cold to heat good if you called front desk they would act like you were bothering them they controlled the heat

Comfort

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

First and Last stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first room we were given bad bed bugs management moved us to another room after accusing us of lying even though we collected samples in a cup to show them. We will never stay there or recomment anyone to stay there

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

The price was appropriate and the staff was helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The door on our room was difficult to close. The comforter had holes in it (roughly the size of cigarette burn holes). The showers were difficult to use.

The price was appropriate and the staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Nasty
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Found a used condom wrapper on side of bed under table there was also stains all over the wall next to bed. I took pictures, and showed the lady at front desk. She said nothing about it took my key card, and said thanks for staying.

The convenience of being able to walk right out door to smoke.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Forget about a shower!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not in great shape. There was only luke-warm water which would then turn to freezing!! Told management of the situation and was told to let it run for 5 minutes. At that point, my wife had already let it run and been in the luke-warm shower before it turned freezing. She had to get out and with a towel wrapped around my head, in 40 degree weather, we were moved to a different room, supposedly working hot water, which ended up being no different than the first room! Had no hot shower!! This was not just an annoyance, my wife has a chronic condition that gets some relief from hot showers and was unable to get one! She was miserable. When we checked out, management THEN informed us that they installed a water heater regulator to keep energy costs down!!! NOT COOL!!!

The bed was comfortable enough. Nice TV.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

The garden

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Tell booking.com you have 4 people, when you arrive you are charged a $10 PER head additional fee!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

NO WIFI!!! The a/c did not work. Linens, furniture, carpet, were all new in the 80s.

Flat screen. Location. Bathrooms were rough but clean.

Just a place to stay for a night.

Noisy AC.

Convenience of location to a breakfast restaurant.

It was convenient for our needs
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was small, dirty and in a need of some repairs. I thought it was overpriced for what we got.

It was convenient for our needs

We Will stay there again if in Indy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Friendly staff, Johnny B asked us often how things were and did we need anything

It was okay for a one night stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room smelled of weed.

Overall it was nice. Staff was friendly, and the room was decent.

Will not be staying again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The man working at the front desk

Neighbors smoked pot all night, could smell it in our room

good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unfriendly signs In front of office

Place was disgusting. Dirty, cobwebs everywhere, dirty, used linen in the bathroom, office was awfu

Cleanliness

Cheap
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No 24h staff... you have to call and somebody will come to the desk after a few minutes

Stay somewhere else.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Paid $124/nt for this dumpy little 2-star hotel. Way over priced.

There is a Cracker Barrel next door.

Will use them next year
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The local bars were seedy.

The room was cozy, big tv, Jacuzzi tub

No safety bar on the door.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No safety bar on the door. Air conditioner didn't cool very well

Best value in Indy!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Johnny B and his staff are great and the stay was awesome.

don't stay here
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The whole website of the place is fraud. Nothing like the pictures and no pool as advertised

Brickyard 400 2017
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Convenient location to a race event.

property not as described

property not as described

It was okay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

advertised a pool and there was no pool

it was a nice clean place for families

Great place to stay for a night or two
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

For the price it was a great place to spend the night . Slept well good beds cold AC

The fact that the pool was not on site but it was shared...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that the pool was not on site but it was shared with another facility and was not for children under the age of 14.

The staff was awesome very friendly!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was awesome very friendly!

Nina and Johnny B were great :)
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could I get my pillow back?

I forgot my pillow!!!!:(

Gave a small discount on my bill because of unsatisfactory conditions

No hot water

There wasn/t much to like

Ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

That bookings.com did not allow us to change or reservations and we will not be using that app again

Personel

There was a strange odor in the room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a strange odor in the room.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Good management Good location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Start adding breakfast to stay. The breakfast is missing although few options available on walking distance.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Distance from downtown
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was not clean, bad smell, reception is not well designated.

Distance from downtown

Very clean and cozy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very clean and cozy. Well stay here again.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

4 day trip no clean towels no bedding change.

4 day trip no clean towels no bedding change. No cleaning at all during stay

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Very quiet, great convenient location, nostalgic as I...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very quiet, great convenient location, nostalgic as I actually stayed there in 1978. Still a very nice, family run establishment.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

I love the set up of the bathroom
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Couldn't find my booking online

I love the set up of the bathroom

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty sock left in room along with chips on the floor. The toliet was not working properly and the hot water took 30 minutes to heat up.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Not worth ur money

Nothjng

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

ok for 1 night stay

Could not connect to wifi & breakfast was closed at 10am

quick/friendly service at the front desk

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

If you looking for a nice reasonable in pri:cell and close to everything and clean it recommend here

Don't have breakfast

Price was very reasonable, quiet, close to everything store, restaurants, highway, staff friendly

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Bathroom

very old furniture

Bathroom

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

I left it after one night.

The staff was annoyed. The pool was closed for maintenance, that could happen, but when I ask if they open it, they give me a lot of excuses.....

I left it after one night.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Location,

Odors in bathroom Small

Location, Ample parking

There are also 56 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.