Reviews of Best Western Rockland 2 stars

909 Hingham Street, Rockland, MA 02370, USA

#1 of 3 hotels in Rockland

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Pleasant stay

One outlet didn't work but that's hardly a complaint. The ceiling in the bathroom could use an update, it looked like the tiles had been spray painted. Seemed solely cosmetic though, it was clean.

Convenient and clean. Good location. Was very easy to book when I had to find a hotel on short notice.

The eggs were a bit strange.

The eggs were a bit strange. Loved the restaurant a walk next door. The king size bed was amazing. Close to Wompatuck state park. Easy access to the highway. Friendly staff. Plenty of parking. I would recommend this property.

Never again.

Hotel needs to be updated, toilet ran, AC needed to be fixed, needed to keep room at 64 to 66 to keep cool. Eggs were salty, bacon greasy and sausage appeared to be microwaved. Not worth the money. Asked for room to be cleaned and was ignored, went to front desk and asked why and was told the sign to clean room must have switched sides to the do not disturbed side. New towels were delivered quickly. Towels were scratchy and old. Bath towel small. made sure we wore shoes at all time. Frig. not plugged in and had to look for plug so we could use. outside was dirty and needed to be cleaned. Not a place I would recommend. Could not wait to leave.

Waffles, coffee and OJ

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Hotel is in a good location and has an ample parking lot

Building is old, rooms are scattered and connected by sections without a.c., rooms have old looking carpet and popcorn ceiling, bathroom outdated

Hotel is in a good location and has an ample parking lot

I would definitely stay here, if I'm down that way again.

A pool would have been nice, but certainly not needed. I should have microwaved the pastry.

The room was already cool on a very hot day. Even though you could tell it is an older building, it was maintained with excellence. Wow, was it quiet. It was almost too easy to find. It was right there off the highway. The recommendations for places to eat was excellent and also easy to find.

Best Western Rockland, MA

THERE IS NO ELEVATOR IN THIS HOTEL . Pack light unless you’re strong enough to lift and carry your luggage up two flights of stairs. Also there were check in issues. We ended up being charged a higher fee than what we booked at through booking.com and witnessed two other families go through similar experiences while trying to check in. I felt it was bait and switch. They said they were sold out even though I had booked for four nights over a month ago. Offered us a suite for $219 per night, but while we stood there showing our confirmation email and declining to pay the up charge; a manager came and said someone literally canceled right then and we were able to keep the room for only $10 per night more than what we booked it for.

The room was very clean and spacious. The air conditioner was fantastic and the cleaning staff did a great job. The daily morning breakfast was kept stocked and had a nice variety.

Very nice two night stay to visit nearby family with an excellent breakfast onsite.

No pool.

Staff was especially helpful with local restaurants and information. Breakfast was wonderful! Rose is so personable and helpful. Took a personal interest in us, breakfast was hot, well stocked and delicious!

Not the best and overpriced but clean and the breakfast was a plus

we were given a handicap room which i accepted because it was convenient to unload our luggage but it was right by a doorway that slammed, maintainence people were there at 6am outside our door making noise. If you stair there make sure you get a room away from the front desk the receptionist when we arrived late after 9pm at first seemed annoyed as he was sitting outside of the reception area. But he warmed up when he found i had a reservation . Turns out he was the one preparing the breakfast and was very helpful

the buffet breakfast was very good with even gluten free options a great plus

Only here to sleep, overpriced, nothing to do at hotel

The hotel was overpriced. Our family was literally only here to sleep and we paid $235. There's no pool and nothing for teenage children to do.

The beds were comfortable, breakfast was good.

All round great accommodation. I feel like I'm coming home, away from home.

It was all very good

Great location, very helpful and caring staff. I have stayed here often and I'm always welcomed like family. I am personally welcomed by the owner. That makes it very special.

Comfortable stay at a reasonable price with easy access to everything.

Second floor room was tight to get into and bath was smaller than first floor room I had last year.

Easy parking with plenty of spaces.. Breakfast was good with plenty of options.

??

The bed was uncomfortable. And the bathroom floor was very slippery. I almost fell and so did my husband.

Location, staff, amenities, and it was clean that's very important to us.

Got the job done, super clean and nice, so-so value.

When we pulled up, it definitely looked a little questionable on the outside. MUCH better inside. Beds were a bit firm, and tiny square pillows (think throw pillow size, but with a full cover folded around it; maybe they ran out of pillows?) on a king size bed were odd and inconvenient. We didn’t like that the same exact room was $25 more if we wanted the ability to cancel beforehand when we’ve booked so many other rooms with no-questions-asked cancellation. It felt like unnecessarily forced insurance, considering they were near capacity when we booked. Waste $25 now, or blow $200 later if someone got sick right before the trip. That said, $200 for a night seemed a little excessive for the area, especially considering when the hotel shared a property with a big DoubleTree. The check in girl seemed apologetic to be giving us a second floor room. We didn’t care and I asked her why she thought we’d mind, she said because there are no elevators. No big deal if you’re up to it, but worth consideration if you’re carrying bags/kids etc.

Super clean, spacious room, huge windows, nice staff. Very quiet even though it was fully occupied. Liked the auto check out, but never received the post-checkout confirmation email promised.

Hotel was pricey while rooms needed maintenance, Staff was Excellent!

Maintenance of the rooms

The staff was very personable and was very attentive. I thought the room was a bit run down for the price I paid. I got a hotel room 10 times nicer in NYC for less money. The breakfast was very nice and the woman who was taking care of the station was very gracious and accommodating. So as far as my rating for the staff I would say they were excellent. my rating for the hotel itself versus the price I had to pay was would be a poor rating. It was clean but there were things that definitively needed attention in the room and you could tell they had been that way for quite some time. The lobby and breakfast area was very nice but the room we had did not reflect that.

Way over priced. This was a nice clean place to stay, but nowhere near worth $180 a night.

$180 dollars for a $80 room. King size bed was not even close to king size. My feet were hanging off the end of the bed. I have a king size bed at home, this was like two twins stuck together.

why didnt management follow up with me?

I was unable to shower- the un - drained waste water in the tub was well over shin high - the drain would not work - called front desk they said no one was available to fix but they would call me back - they never called me - after a 1/2 hr I left as I had to work- oh and the sink drain was plugged also as I attempted to perform some type of hygiene cleaning - not a good way to start day

Smelled like feet, cheese, and BO in hallway. Not acceptable to me.

Second half of building where we stayed smelled horrible in the hallway. Room was fine but to spend that money for a room next time I will look elsewhere.

Everything great

Just as we expected.

No issues.

Comfortable and very clean. Good breakfast with friendly and very helpful staff. Ample parking. Location good. Tea/coffee available 24/7

It was a very good stay at the Best Western in Rockland MA

I used Booking.com and lost any Bonus Points. I seldom travel and when I travel to Mass I always stay at this Best Western and have never accrued a single point because of using booking sites to save money. I'd like to see points accrued whether using a booking site or not.

Staff are friendly and helpful. The room was clean and smelled good. Breakfast met all our expectations and the woman who runs it was particularly nice.

So worth it.

The first floor was perfect. Breakfast was plentiful with a huge selection.

The location was easy to find.restraunts liquor store and grocery was close by.plenty of parking

Hospitable and helpful staff who go the extra mile.

No complaints.

Hot breakfast every day was a welcome surprise. Rose, who serves in the breakfast kitchen, was wholly kind, competent, and hospitable. First class service from Rose and all staff. Great location for me, near my family.

Friendly staff and good location did not compensate for a bad night's sleep due to badheating system

Heating in our room did not respond to thermostat. Room was very hot unless heater turned off. Because of this, we had a horrible night's sleep and no offer of compensation was made by hotel. Free breakfast was mediocre at best. 'Fake' eggs, Bland waffle. Although neat and clean, hotel rooms were in need of renovation: updated finishes, fixtures etc.

Friendly staff.

yearly stay for family holiday party - works out great. love the adjoining rooms!

to be honest, I did not like the pillows. they were too full, causing my head to be higher than I normally would like. Longer flatter pillows, or a variety might work better for choice.

The place was very clean

The only problem was, we didn’t have power light for one day and the reservation was for three day with breakfast, but we only get one because the place was out off power

The place was very clean

Surprisingly lovely place! Usually take these places for granted, but this one stood out as exceptio

I didnt see a little safe in the room. That would have come in handy. I would have liked the extra blanket you usually find in the dresser or closet, no extra blanket.

The breakfast was extensive and had fresh fruit, the manager was on site and very friendly and accommodating.

Exxcellent stay. Everyone was warm and friendly.

Bed and Breakfast was excellent. Rose, who worked in the breakfast area was friendly and is the type of employee the company should hire. She made the start of our day sunny and bright.

Good value & clean.

Key card demagnetized 2 times and instead of just replacing the card the staff tried to reprogram it which didn't work.

Friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast!

Ok. It was suitable for what we needed for our stay.

No elevators. Issues with the key to get to our room. We arrived at 2am and it took 15-20 to finally get in our room. The hotel is dated and can use some renovations.

Close proximity to city center. Friendly and courteous staff. Good breakfast.

Front staff exceptionally nice/helpful. Good breatfast...Rose, the breakfast attendant was so helpful and nice...went baove and beyond for child with dietray needs. Rooms were clean nad comfy.

So based on that I will probably try to avoid using booking.com in the future.

We weren't allowed to apply the AAA discount to the price of the room. The clerk on duty said that because we booked it through booking.com he could not apply the AAA discount to our bill. So based on that I will probably try to avoid using booking.com in the future.

Pleasant, clean and friendly.

I love firm beds and great pillows. Not only was there a cover on the mattress but there were 3 different covers! Super clean place. Older hotel that's been redone.

Fabulous place.

Super clean. Terrific greeting and staff super friendly. I wished we found this place when my son started school 2 years ago. We will be back. Lots of breakfast choices. We had a bathtub not drain but that was because we didn't know to push it down. Maintenance was there in about 2 minutes. Smaller hotel but we lived it. Rented 2 rooms and no issues. Really great place!

Overall decent accommodations.

Got caught having to book late for Labor Day weekend and paid almost twice what might have been charged on a non-holiday weekend. No car, not much around in the immediate vicinity.

Overall decent accommodations.

Overall our stay was comfortable.

For a King size bed, the pillows were small and didn't fill across the head board, and the bathroom faucet was to close to the mirror hanging down from the wall, and made it difficult to turn the knobs.

The location & the variety of the breakfast was good, the size of the room was average, the hotel was very clean, and the staff was excellent.

My stay was good!!

The carpets sometimes gave off a bad smell. I also didnt like that the hotel did not respond to my request through booking.com.If the option for special request is made available they should have the decency of checking it and responding.

The beds were comfy. Breakfast was excellent and staff was very helpful. Its good when the staff has a happy attitude.

I would stay again if the price was right

No elevator, had to drag my luggage up/down, from the second floor.

Super easy to get to from the highway. Had a great restaurant right next door a 1 minute walk. Parking is FREE! In today's world where every place seems to be charging you a couple hundred dollars to take a shower and sleep there, then have the nerve to charge you an additional 20 dollars to park in their parking lot. Like where else would you park after spending a small fortune to stay there, 5 blocks away and then take a taxi. It's just plain greed nothing else.

Good place to stay.

Coffee wasn't good. Room had a very strong smell. Which we got used to.

Lady who gave me coins for laundry was very friendly. The room was spacious and they had no problem switching us from 1king bed to a 2 queens bed when we needed. The gentleman at check in was very helpful.

The rooms were very clean, the hotel staff was friendly and...

The rooms were very clean, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful & you could tell they took a lot of pride in their work and the hotel. The breakfast was better than average at these types of hotels.

I hope the prices don't change because I would stay here all the time. I love everything about it

I would have liked 2 chairs to watch tv comfortably. The desk chair isn't comfortable for watching tv or reading

I loved the room in general. It was handicapped and I had had a hip replacement so everything was very accommodating.

comfortable

there was one small problem the last night of my stay and it was promptly and satisfactorily dealt with.

Beds were great, food was fine...quiet, comfortable and the manager is a great guy! So is Rose.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Nice and clean hotel. Friendly staff but very unapatizing breakfast.

I didn't like the breakfast selection. It was very very basic but that's something that's standard with all American Motels/Hotels. If given the option to opt out of breakfast then it would have been better.

The guy at the desk was VERY HELPFUL! He did everything possible to make my stay there comfortable.

Little pricey, a so-so stay. Location is very good!

Thought it was overpriced, but difficult to find accomodations for that weekend. There was someone's car alarm that went off at 5:45 a.m. and every half hr. after that. I know that is not the staff's fault, but it was annoying. Also the walls are paper thin. I could hear all conversations in the room next to me.

The staff was very nice, from front desk to breakfast person. Bed was comfortable and breakfast was good.

Good experience, family friendly, clean.

Need more extra pillows in rooms. Could have been more tv stations available.

Beds comfortable Larger size refrigerator was handy Smoking allowed on site, in specified areas. Breakfast good and longer time available breakfast than most continental breakfasts, great options.

The breakfast and staff at breakfast were excellent!

Facility was a bit dated - but overall a reasonable value.

The breakfast and staff at breakfast were excellent! Very welcoming and wanted to make sure everything was satisfactory for us.

The curtains opened up to a Marsh area which looked like a...

The only thing I didn't like was that the "Do Not Disturb" sign would fall off the door handle - so I had to be sure it was on when I left. Worst thing that happened was that my room got cleaned when I was gone.

The curtains opened up to a Marsh area which looked like a wildlife sanctuary.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Breakfast was excellent.

Breakfast was excellent. There is a variety to choose from... scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit and juices. The dining area was clean, TV modulated and staff attentive. My room was clean, hvac worked very well and was quiet. The bed was very comfortable and over all it was a great experience. Great restaurants and Dunkin Donuts in walking distance.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Staff made the difference. Very friendly, comfortable, atomasphere... felt like 🏡 ! Will be back !!!

Beds ok comfort. Did not like 2nd floor with bad knee and back arthritis. Lower level not available and no elevators😕

Rosie's eggs awesome!! She is an asset to ur mornings!and stay!!! Staff wonderful.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

The hotel was fantastic.

The hotel was fantastic. However, booking.com was a pain in the butt. I drove 12 hours from ohio to Massachusetts to find out that I didn't actually have a room because of booking.com. my room was payed for a week in advance and my payment went through plenty of time before our visit. However upon arriving I find out how the site works and that their card got rejected so I had no room although they had my money. Not something I want to deal with after being awake over 24 hours. It took half an hour but got it straightened out since the hotel had proof of my approved payment they dealt with booming and got me taken care of. I wI'll not be using this site again.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Didn't know there were 2 other hotels/motels almost next to you.

having handicapped room all the way to the end of the hall. I sleep only a couple of hours a night and then when I am at home I leave the room and go to another room so as not to bother my husband. My granddaughter was in the other bed and I didn't want to wake her us. Also, I wish there had been a recliner in the room instead of just a chair.

Your Breakfast buffet was delicious and plentiful and especially Rose, who even when she was trying to get in back to clean up so she could leave for the day, made sure we had everything or wanted any more of anything. She made us feel like family, instead of guests!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Comfort on a budget

Walls are very thin. We were disturbed by screaming children around 6:30 AM in the adjoining room as well as when they yelled and ran back & forth down the hall.

The bed was very comfortable. There was a wider assortment of breakfast items.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

We enjoyed our stay at the Best Western, the food good, the staff very helpful - in other words i

We found the food to be very good and plentiful and the bed was very comfortable. We also found the shower to be very good - hot water lasted for both of our showers.

A nice, welcoming place to stay

I liked everything!

Because I had to leave EARLY, the staff had a bagged breakfast for me to take! I thought this was a thoughtful gesture. Also, I had a problem with the hair dryer, and immediately I was given another one with no problem. The staff was friendly and accommodating

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

It is conveniently located near major highways and with many...

It is conveniently located near major highways and with many dining options in the area. As a plus, I woke up to the smell of the bacon cooking every morning.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Perfect for us

The front desk and breakfast staff were all very friendly and helpful. The bedroom was very comfortable, large and extremely clean. It was useful to have a coffee machine and microwave. The breakfast room had lots of choices for a quick meal. It was our third visit and we will return.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

One of the best stays I have had while traveling.

Absolutely nothing...thanks.

The person at the desk was very attentive and took great care of me even though I could not arrive before almost 9pm to check in. Offered me awesome information on where to eat and made me feel very welcome. I would definitely return. Also the room was extremely clean and more than I need for my stay.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Descent place, great value breakfast

Backed up sink and the place is very dated....needs a lot of updating.

Loved that the breakfast was included. Great coffee better than Starbucks and free! Loved that tea, coffee, water is 24hr a day....

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Very pleasant

I didn't like that after I booked ... Like right after the rate was lower and booking .com says guaranteed lowest rate... Not true. If I had booked thru hotel I would have saved $18.

This place was spotless The staff was friendly and helpful! The breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Would stay here again

Very busy area traffic wise at times, but typical anywhere

Very friendly staff. Extremely helpful.

From start to finish the experience was great.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

The scrambled eggs

From start to finish the experience was great.

Perfect for short stay with a good breakfast and a clean bedroom.

Staff were very courteous and efficient. Breakfast very tasty Location perfect for my stay 24hour tea/coffee station fantastic

Like the food the clean smelling room and the staffs.

Like the food the clean smelling room and the staffs.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Loved it!

The beds were clean and comfortable, and it was nice and quiet throughout the night.

Checked in saw bugs checked out

Room smelled,bugs in bed,old smelly carpet

Fine

No ice machine on second floor. Hurt my foot and had to walk to lobby to get ice

The staff was friendly and professional.

The staff was friendly and professional. My room was clean, updated, and the bed and linens were very good.

My stay was good overall.

Not getting breakfast before checkout

It was ok

Location and breakfast were good.

The pillows were uncomfortable.

Location and breakfast were good.

Location was perfect and convenient

No elevator

Location was perfect and convenient

Nicely remodeled motel in convenient location

Thin walls could hear loud snoring from room next to ours last 2 days of our 4 day stay.

Great service and clean rooms

It was a good size room, bed were comfy and I got a great...

The bathrooms could be cleanier and maintenanced.

It was a good size room, bed were comfy and I got a great night sleep

Property was great and service was excellent

Property was great and service was excellent

We will be back next year for July 4th celebration!!!

No pool to swim in We

Room was large and comfortable,bed was roomy and firm breakfast was better than most and very filling

Friendly staff, comfortable beds and excellent breakfast

Everything was fine.

Rose is best .

Rose is best .

Nothing really

Everything. Room smelled badly. Sheets were hard and rough. Towels like cardboard. Food awful.

Nothing really