Reviews of Downbeach Inn 2 stars

5.7

4.8

4.7

I didn’t like anything

I didn’t like anything the room was disgusting and the water stopped workin the bathroom got clogged up it was a mess and they never came to clean the room they also had dirty bed sheets and rusted toilet seats I’m reporting then

Everything is a little dirty. There also were a couple fly's in the room. It's about what you expect for the price.

It's conveniently located next to the board walk, which is all you can ask for the price you pay. The bed is clean and the bathroom is clean enough for you to feel comfortable in.

• Standard Single Room

This was the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at. There was black mold throughout the bathroom and cigerette holes in the bed linen. Thats just the start. The check in was long and the office had a huge water leak that they were just letting it drip on the floor. There should be minimum requirements for a hotel to be on booking because this place should be shut down.

Nothing it was disgusting Not even a 2.5 star but wont go lower

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty and things were broken such as the door knob to the bathroom, dirty towels, hair left over from previous guests, the staff was rude and threatened to get into a fight with my friend.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I received a parking ticket after I asked the hotel manager if it was okay for me to park on the street in the spot my car was located in an he told me yes. I woke up to a parking ticket. When I looked at the time I revived 30 minutes after talking to the manager.

There is a Vegan/Vegetarian restaurant a couple blocks away. Food was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was horrible, it was dirty, there was mold on the wall abd the bottom of the box springs. Their idea of cleaning the room was remaking the bed.

The location was great because it was 1 block off of the beach

Cleanliness was deplorable; mold,insects,burn holes in comforter & shower curtain (even th ought it was non-smoking room) I should get a refund would recommend they pressure was their property

More negative than positive

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room itself was absolutely disgusting. First the room number on the door was completely washed out. Second, the room itself was extremely dirty. We left the bathroom cleaner than we found it. The shower curtain did not even cover half the the shower length. The air conditioning was sounded like a Boeing-747 lifting off and landing over and over again. There were opened condom wrappers on the floor. The landline phone in the room was completely disconnected. Even when plugged in. We were charged 4 start hotel prices for a -1 start motel.

Nothing. We were completely disappointed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This "Inn" was the most vile place I have ever stayed in my entire life. (I am not kidding) The room was filthy. Blood was on the bed. The towels were covered in hair. The curtains on the window were shredded. There were no blankets. The working girls were servicing "Johns" next door. I feel violated for having paid the insane price per night they charge.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's so dirty and someone asked me if I was busy tonight as if I was an escort. It's an escort place's and the rooms are disgusting. They don't clean it, the shower and the roof were dirty with food, hair and sperms!? So disgusting

• Standard Single Room

The sheets were literally blood stained. Nobody was willing to help, the bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in ages. It was grimey and let me reiterate: I had to sleep on BLOOD STAINED sheets

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The a/c made alot of noises. The place is very old.

Parking was close and free. It was close to get onto the board walk but a distance to the action/attractions.

• Standard Single Room

The room was dirty and dinging and in need of new shower curtains and front window treatments. The mattress was torn and awful pillows. I would not recommend.

The proximity to the beach!

Wasn't the room they advertised. Bathroom was dirty and shower was broken. Mattress was hard as a board. Room wasn't very clean

nothing about the hotel

Check out in time if I check in at 12 pm I should be allowed to check out at 12 pm when my stay is over other than that I have no problem

I liked the fridge and the fact that transportation was pretty much around the corner

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I wasn't happy with anything I stay because I didn't have no choice everything around was book.

The most uncomfortable stay ever beds are old hard you laid side ways like you going to fall off.toitle nasty mold everywhere.washcloths,dirty bathtub mold on the shower curtain.you had to disconnected one thing to plug in micro wave.you can hear everything tru the walls.never staying in this hotel ever they need to invest on new beds.

The room we had was horrible. The phone line was cut so the phone had no service to reach the front desk. The shower curtain in the bathroom had stains on it and so did the tub. The baseboard of the wall was dirty and looked as if it hasn't been wiped down in a while. The sheets had a pinkish colored stain as if something red was spilled and they tried to clean it and the stain didn't come out. There were 3 pillows that were side by side across the bed and were flat. The bed was hard and had a dent in the middle. I took a short video of the phone line cut and the stain on the bed but nothing else because my phone was dying.

The only thing that was good about the place was how close it Was to the casinos and the boardwalk.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

That's was awful. Dirty everywhere, no service at all. Bedsheets were yellow, like somebody pee on it. Non refundable price, just check in and got out for here as far as I can.

Old furniture, the bed sheets and towels were old and room had a smell

The location is nice and walking distance from beach. A good option if your money is funny

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Standard Single Room

Well let's start with the owner thinking I stole his iPhone during my checkin process. Like yea I'll still your phone then go to the room you assigned me. The furniture was insanely out dated and smelled of mold along with the cigarette smell the room had. My bf found saw a huge water bug run up the door handle. If it had r been so late I would have checked out. We didn't shower. Slept above the covers and had to keep our shoes/socks on the whole time.

The price last minute.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

We didn't like anything about our stay. If we would've been able to get our money back we would have done that immediately. Upon checking in the receptionist never said hi or anything. He just asked for ID Very stern like... upon handing the key card I asked about the wifi code and he just pointed at a nearby barely visible sign... once we got to room 1 as soon as we opened the door the stench was horrible The closet door was falling off with big holes in it... the bathroom looked like it hadn't been clean in weeks... I ran down to the reception area and told him of my concerns and he first said it was the only available room... I then asked for my money back and he said I needed to wait for the owner so I stood there to wait... he finally said he had another room... room 2 wasn't to much better than room 1 but we were running late for our concert... upon returning from the concert we were scared to sleep in the bed because of fear of bedbugs needless to say we checked out at the first sign of daylight

checking out

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No towels n washcoyhes for all the guest. Entrt floor waa wet. Bathroom was wet from window making toiket paper n other items wet. Horrible parking unless u went across the street. Management nit real friendly or hospitable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like my hotel stay at all! The bed was infested with bedbugs and the house keeper never came to clean the room nor take my trash or dirty wash clothes and towels so they could be replaced with clean ones. There was no staff present not even at the front desk and the front desk door was always locked and vacate. The bathroom was very small in size and uncomfortable for my partner. The bedbug bites was very very severe and we had to go to Atlantic Care hospital to receive treatments for our severe bites to our bodies, face, arms, legs, hands & feet. I recommend that no one stays at this hotel located at 3601 pacific ave in Atlantic City, NJ NOT EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!! This establishment needs to be quarantine so that all the rooms are sterilized, beds replaced, carpet replaced and furniture brand new and safe for customers to stay and sleep.

NOTHING!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Obviously, you know what you're paying for, here. This is no resort and the rooms are on the dirtier side. My group also had a very hard time with our key cards consistently not working for no reason at all besides the door locks were on the fritz. In response to this, the staff was more than happy to help us always get into our room so it was less of a problem and just more of an annoyance in my opinion.

Close to a lot of the places you would want to visit in Atlantic City. Also, the staff could not have been more accommodating to myself and my group of friends! We had a couple friends coming to stay in another room with us but they cancelled the day of and, instead of charging us a cancellation fee or making us keep the room and pay for it, the managers simply smiled and cancelled the booking for FREE! Very nice people and I know my friends and I had a blast.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Standard Single Room

Really terrible as far as comfort. My door wouldn't lock, I had to take my things with me when I left the room and out put them back in when I came back. The heater didn't work so they had a space heater in there instead. Very old and dingy furniture. Last but not least we saw a bed bug right when we were leaving in the morning. All in all I wouldn't recommend anyone stay there.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room is dirty specially the bathroom. The fire alarm is broken and bed covers and towels look like a rug. The bathtub is clog. I will never come back to this place. I only booked this because of the rating but everything is a lie.

Nothing!!!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The guy who checked us in was rude after we told him our a/c was broken. He barely spoke any English. The maid was very sweet though. This was a little too far from the casinos and you could hear the people easily in the room next to you.

The malcony was nice and the sun deck was a good place to hang out. This was not far from the beach.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very dirty location, had bed bug attack after staying here, with arms and legs swollen from bites. Bathrooms are messed up with mold around the bathtubs corners and not usable for any one. The county should shut down location until much needed repairs are performed. Still nursing the pains of my attack and may consider legal assistance if they continue. Felt embarrassed before my kids but arrived so late to change booking. Please steer clear of this place. This review is written in good conscience. Had no issue with staff.

Location to the beach board walk.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were nasty and the place was dirty. The bed sheets were dirty.....the motel was down right disgusting! I would never stay there again!

There was nothing to like about this raggedy motel

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

It was in dire need of repair and updating. The only reason I chose it was the proximity to the major hotels and the price which in my opinion was very unreasonable but all I could get at a late booking. I was extremely disappointed with the facility and cost. I will not book again. Fortunately it was for one night only.

Close to major hotels/casinos.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was a disaster. The bathroom door looked like it had been kicked in, the picture above one of the beds was cracked. It look like a struggle took place in the room. The sink water was brown. A little frightening to be honest, but for what we paid we didn't expect anything spectacular.

Great location, and cheap price. Get what you pay for. Front desk was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were looking for a place close to the beach that was affordable. It was exactly what we needed. It was less than 5 minutes walking to the boardwalk, and the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

It was absolutely disgusting. Very filthy and cockroaches. We have been to the beach every year for 15 years and this is the worst place we have stayed ever! We changed rooms due to the roaches and was put in a room that the carpet was soaked and was told we would be put in another room and never was. No place else to go we stayed. NEVER again. I would take them off your website so no one else ever had to go through what we did.

Close to beach that's it, not close to anything else.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a piece of crap ! Mildew , mold and no fitted sheets on the bed . Bathtub kept the water ... So I bathed in my own filth .

The ppl were very nice

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Everything! The hotel room was super dirty, with roaches crawling everywhere, even on our bed! Extremely bad smell! Pretty sure this hotel has bed bugs. I want my money back!

Nothingggggggg!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No breakfast...not the cleanest and the racks were broken in the bathroom not enough towels for the hotel..but the owner tried his best to accommodate!!!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This motel was utterly disgusting. My 4 yr old walked in and immediately said he wanted to go home. There was tape on the lid to the toilet tank, it reeked of cigarettes and it was nowhere near the boardwalk. I would never stay here again nor recommend this place to anyone. The comforters were filthy it was just awful. We stayed one night didnt even sleep under the covers. If your looking to cheat on your wife, do a drug deal, turn a trick or run from the law you chose thebperfect place. Not so much a family stay place.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Gross room. Horrible bed and sheets. Bathroom door was kicked in (split and screwed together), and was charged a "luxury tax" on top of what was quoted on booking website.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The units need to be fixed up. Our bathroom door had a screw coming out of the bottom of the door; had a gap. Could of been dangerous for a child. Old air conditioning units left clothes, towels, and bedding feeling damp at times. We had double beds and were to have queen beds.

Friendly and accommodating staff. That there was a refrigerator and small, old microwave in the room.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Standard Single Room

It has roaches. The shower curtain was cut in half. The wash rags and towels were the worst I've seen and the room had a smell. The room was also really small. No walking room. Just an overall horrible experience

Absolutely NOTHING

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was soooo outdated. It smelled like cigarette smoke, there was cigarette burns on the comforters, the pillows was flat, the beds were very uncomfortable, did I mention, it stink in there bad. I sprayed Lysol and Fabreez and it still smelled. There was mold and mildew all around the tub and shower curtains and there was stuff on the walls (looked a little bit like mold) and the ceilings. It looked like there was food or something threw up there. You get what you pay for. It was way too cheap to be good.

It was only a block from the beach

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Standard Single Room

the room was dirty had holes in the wall no iron there was no flat screen tv and that night the cable was out.the room had brun on the table the bathroom was nasty someone cut the window screen out and there was really no space in the room.the bathroom was nasty i wouldnt stay there again if it was free

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Smell cigarette smock , dirty and loud

Staff is ok and ;ocation

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stinks, dirty carpets, dirty beds,they need to throw everything out,never stay there again,very disappointed.

Close to the boardwalk, that's it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Old fashioned needs to be renovated n fixed up better its in s quiet good location

Quiet n staff is nice ...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I hated everything, I slept my all my clothes on cause the beds were so horrible

Nothing the room was horrible

room was filthy and smelled !

Lights to dimmed, needs major updates,

Location is perfect, Staff super friendly

It was rundown

Unsanitary and unsecured.

Mold in the closet

Management was courteous

I loved it

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

How dirty the bathroom was they had ashes in the sink nor didn’t bring us towels when we asked for them

The bed was comfy

• Standard Single Room

The room wasn't as clean as inspected

bath and shower mold

Location from Casino

Very friendly staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No coffee pot in room. Needs uodating

Microwave Convenience. Friendly staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness. Pretty sure our bathroom towels were not cleaned. Overall not terrible

The staff was excellent. Very nice and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty, smelly, torn carpets, toilet door-handle faulty, linen with holes !!!!

The room smelled. The coffee was bad. I would not go back!

There were no food.

• Standard Single Room

No shower curtain, room smelled aweful plus more

Brought our own bedding and still slept fully dressed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms look really all and durty

Close to the beach

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I like the price and the distance ,the people who work there are very nice .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything should be cleaned up: furniture, carpet, refrigerator, walls, the doors, etc., or renovated.

Everything....especially the price.

Nothing but i made the best of it.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property was so so the room smelled like cigarettes and alcohol not what I expected and the shower.curtain had mold

It

Bathroom needs update

Close to boardwalk

The room was gross, nothing was clean, burn holes in curtains and sheets. Overrall the room was just disgusting.

Room 107 i had was filthy

Nothing it was filthy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stinky, very dirty, uncomfortable beds, no cable, bathrooms was disgusting, bugs!

Just the location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would never go there again

They never contact you and I had to wait no rooms

Bed bugs