Reviews of Rodeway Inn Near Maingate Knott’s 2 stars

7930 Beach Boulevard, Buena Park, CA 90620, USA

#13 of 15 hotels in Buena Park

Comfortable staying, Friendly Staff and just across Knott’s. Love it!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The bed is very old, both the quilt and where you put it... I felt it kind of loose... but I could sleep well or I just that I was tired... lol

As a wheelchair handicap person myself, I found the shower tub very accessible with this bars to hold on and easier to take a shower for they had this tub chair inside the closet. I didn’t expect that! That’s grate!

Convenient location within walking distance to several fun attractions.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Breakfast was just toast and cereal. A form of protein would have been nice.

The pool area was clean and nice to come back to after a day at Knott's Berry Farm. We were able to just cross the street to get to Knott's Berry Farm which saved us their parking fee and allowed us to return to rest during the heat and return for more evening fun with ease. The ladies in the office were helpful and nice. The beds were comfy and our room was clean.

Room and pool were the best part of the hotel
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Breakfast was kind of a joke. Bread, fruit loops or corn flakes and honey buns. Orange juice tasted like cough medicine.

We stayed for my son's birthday. We walked to soak city and had a blast. Pool was also nice

Liked its lication, price and hotel too expensive.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Towels were like sandpaper. The breakfast wasnt like any other hotel that says a breakfast. It was cheap snd unfilling. I would not rate it more than a 2

Close to knotts

Not worth the 70 bucks a night, more closer to 35-40 tops
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Dirty, old, no elevator. Breakfast was .50 generic danish and juice, coffee and not much more. IHOP is next door, I'd go there and spend money before eating the free "breakfast"

The only good thing was the location, and they allowed is to keep our car there the next day while we went to knotts saving $18 in parking fees, you can walk or ride share such as uber or lyft

MOSQUITOES! THIN WALLS! AWFUL WIFI!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

This property is SWARMED with mosquitos. Everyday, I battled at least 10 -15 mosquitoes in my room and that was just in the morning. There is free WiFi but you do not get what you pay for. The internet drops constantly! By the time you switch screens to go to your browser, it has dropped. I did not use the internet the whole time I was there. I had to resort to local libraries while I was on vacation. You do not get your money’s worth at all. Avoid at all cost ! -10 out of 10 stars.

Nothing. There was nothing to like.

Just pretty awful. Especially because of how rude unprofessional and disrespectful the manager was.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was dirty. There was throw up on the side of the bed and room smelled really bad and a ball of hair stuck to the door. Manager was rude and disrespectful and hangs up on you, walks away when you are in the middle of a sentence, etc.

That they have a microwave in the room. And very close to knotts berry farm.

The entrance is far from the road because of enough parking...
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Wi-Fi is unstable and interrupted frequently, I feel very stressful. I hope that they replace it with something of a high speed as soon as possible. They will charge an extension phone even by toll-free number.

The entrance is far from the road because of enough parking space, and there is the door of each room inside. Compare the type where the entrance of the room faces directly outside, I feel secure. Because it is a walking distance from the Park, you can get a re-entry stamp and take a forgotten thing, even a nap.

I think the staff was nice to me and my kids.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I found some other guest hair in the shower, and someone's chewed gum on the bed sheets. The gum touched my foot when I got in bed 😐 The air conditioning had a funny smell.The walls are really thin, so if you have kids, you have to remind them to stay extra quiet.I read the reviews before I came so I wasn't shocked. We brought our own blankets,and brought Clorox wipes and Lysol spray and it was all good ☺

I love the location,price, and the cereal breakfast in the morning w/toast. The walk to knotts berry farm is not bad! I'll be back soon!

NO SLEEP and Staff didn't help at all. I feel like I was robbed of my money...
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

People next door to my room were up Literally all night long having loud jungle sex beating on walls all kinds of noise. I travel a lot and this was the worst night sleep I have ever had. I slept under the kitchen on a cruise once and it was more quite. I complained all night long about the people next door and the staff did nothing. I wasted my time and money staying at this hotel...

How close to KNotts it was.

We had a great vacation. Would stay there again. Mainly just slept there
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Brkfts: poor offerings. OJ bad flavor, out of cranberry juice 11 of 12 days. Honeybuns offered were from Dollar Tree-poor flavor. Tahitian tourists were bad neighbors. Had to INSIST management tell them to go into rooms after 1am.

Building is really OLD, but kept up. Liked option of pool/hot tub, but didn't end up using hot tub. STAFF especially nice and helpful.

Near knotts
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Beds were aweful,one of the beds was way to soft one of my kids had to sleep on the nasty floor,the bathroom need a upgrade bad, the continental breakfast is not worth the extra

Near knotts

We were there for Knott's Scarry Farm.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

We were there for Knott's Scarry Farm. It was not fancy but clean and comfortable which is what we needed. They were able to give us connecting rooms which was great!

served the purpose.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Breakfast bad, Bathroom for small person, towel rack loose, room gloomy, over price. unless the price was according to location?

All and all the hotel was convenient the Knott's Berry Farm.

It was okay, but I probably will not go back.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

People were very unprofessional. A customer was complaining and the man at desk was screaming at the customer. The customer was trying to explain his complaint in a quiet dignified way, but worker was screaming out of control. We were trying to eat the very poor quality breakfast they serve, but it was difficult when a worker is screaming at a customer. Customer finally gave up and checked out.

Very close to Knott"s Berry Farm

Near Knotts, otherwise no saving grace
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

An opossum greeted us near the pool. Staff was not very polite. Window faced a parking lot where for some reason locals like to stand around and talk until midnight. Pool hours are 10 until 10, so if you are out for the day you will not get to use it.

Located right across the street from Knotts Berry Farm, easily walkable distance. A few hundred yards down the road you can visit Medieval Times or the Pirates Dinner Adventure if you are inclined. Nearby there are a MacDonalds, Burger King, IHop, Subway etc if you need to grab a cheaper bite to eat.

Overall it was okay for what I needed
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

On our first day there, our sink wasn't working fully and by ththe next morning, our whole bathroom was flooded.

Location is perfect if you're staying at Knotts Berry Farm. My wife and I walked there and it took no more than 10 minutes to get there.

Dirty gross room. It was not worth the money.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Skimpy breakfast, we ended up going to the grocery store to supplement it. The room smelled dirty. A couple of nights we smelled cigarette smoke and marijuana. The sheets didn't fit the bed and every morning we woke up to a ripped mattress underneath us. It seemed like they had a skeleton cleaning crew, and they did the best job they could with the limited time they had, but things never were very clean.

What you're paying for is the location here, which is excellent. You can't park closer to Knotts Berry Farm.

great time
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The fridge didn't work, I wouldn't even consider the breakfast "breakfast", definitely needs a while renovation of hotel

The bed was soft and it took less than ten minutes to walk to knotts.

We were dissapointed
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Only One pillow, Very Uncomfortable Sheets, No blanket In A bed, Only Flat sheet. Breakfast didn't have ever basic waffles and bagels with toast, only cereal, that's for toddlers. Coffee taste nasty.

Great location .

Worth the stay for the price, proximity to Knotts, and overall cleanliness. Bring you own food!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The room smelled very bad, but was ok after airing it out. The halls always smelled of smoke and pot. The breakfast was pretty pathetic. No fruit, yogurt, or healthy options. VERY slim pickings! The OJ was good, though.

The proximity to Knottsberry Farm, which was our main purpose for going. It was across the street. The staff was for the most part very friendly and accommodating.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The room smelled of urine when the air was turned on. The onsite manager when I checked in wasn't the most pleasant. For recently being rennovated the bathroom was in poor shape. Shorted the room towels twice. The phone in the room didn't work.

That it was near knotts and also lots of food places near by.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The morning staff was wonderful. But the night staff was rude. Had attitude and weren't friendly.

That it was near knotts and also lots of food places near by.

If yu need room downstairs make sure request one before you pay!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

As I arrived I noticed my room was upstairs before signing in I asked for different room downstairs but the attendant right away said no!! I had back surgery so it was hard going upstairs and down!! No elevator!He didnt even waited for meto tell him reason he said no!

Closer to knotts berry farm

Close to Knotts Berry Farm, food and only 30 mins from the...
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Beds weren't very comfortable, not enough towels and no sign to ask for maid service/do not disturb.

Close to Knotts Berry Farm, food and only 30 mins from the Beach. Kids enjoyed the pool.

Convenient location for Knotts Attraction Park, yet not so attractive itself
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Was old and looked run down. Definitely needed updating and needs more happier welcoming staff. Rooms need to be more clean. Coffee pot had old coffee and bedding was not inviting.

Perfect location for Knotts and resturants

Loved the location and staff were great.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The breakfast was not as expected, we did not eat breakfast.

The owner and staff were really great. We instructed them to do something and they will do it for us.

Probably wont stay here again..
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Sheets were dirty when arrive , with human hair in sheets.. Breakfast was a joke, no food , just a couple of pieces of toast, and 2 cereals with milk. Towels were the size for child.. It looks like the hotel is cheap with everything, or they are low on money to put back into hotel.

Close to Knotts Berry Farm , walking only 10 minutes.. Great for the family.. Ihop pancake place in parking lot..

Overall was an ok place to stay because of the location
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Lady who checked us in was not too helpful, the hallways smelled musty and the room fixtures were old.

It was across the street from knotts berry farm and many different restaurants to choose from were within walking distance.

When location is what matters
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Upon arrival the staff was uninterested. The room was dated with holes in the sheets. The included breakfast was a loaf of 99cent bread and discount danish and some cereal. Upon arriving back late our keys didn't work and had to once again encounter the uninterested desk clerk.

Location. The morning staff was pleasant.

Box spring on the bed sucked it was very loud and noisy with...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Box spring on the bed sucked it was very loud and noisy with every movement made we did not get a good night sleep. Had to move the mattress off the box spring to the floor at 1am!!!

Not worth the money spent
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel was old and out of date

We arrived late our room had not been clean from previous occupants was moved to a smaller bed upstairs when requested downstairs due to handicapped was told we would get a substantial disccount. (Only $15 off our entire stay)

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Never again
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The beds were hard, kept itching my body through out the night because there was something going on in the room, the smelled and dirty & bad advertising because the rooms were not what they looked like on the website faulse advertisement

Overall good stay

The breakfast

It was good for my family and walking distance to the theme park Knott's Berry Farm we only stayed one night overall the kids liked it with the pool and hot tub

I liked that knotts berry farm is just a cross the street,...
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I didn't like the beds they where to lumpy and the mattress would shift to the side every time we moved.

I liked that knotts berry farm is just a cross the street, McDonald's, subway, IHOP where next to the hotel too. I also liked that I was able to park in the hotels parking lot even though I hadn't checked in.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Walking distance to Knott's Berry Farm.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Breakfast was pretty much cereal and toast. Pool needed to be cleaned. No pool towels. Room smelled kinda moldy.

Walking distance to Knott's Berry Farm.

Not worth more than 1 night, only to walk to Knott's.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

They couldn't find our reservation, and gave us a 2 queen room when I booked a king bed room. The guy said I'll give you the same price like he was doing us a favor. He also looked over my shoulder and addressed my boyfriend about checking in when I was the one standing in front of him with my wallet out. The beds were extremely hard and uncomfortable, my hands and feet kept falling asleep all night. Walls were very thin and maids were very loud in the morning.

I chose this location mainly for the walking distance to Knott's Berry Farm. Parking was good and they let us leave our car there for the day after we checked out.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Good place to stay within walking distance to Knott's
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The beds weren't too comfortable but they were tolerable, and the coffee in the room wasn't the greatest quality.

The front desk lady was extremely helpful and kind. She gave my son and I all kinds of information on Knott's and helped us get checked in early. I think there was a small fee to check in early maybe $10 but it was worth not having to pay $18 to park at Knott's for the day. The room was clean and accommodating. It had a microwave, small refrigerator, and a coffee pot.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Okay for the price. Especially if you are just using for a 1-night stay for Knotts.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The building and rooms are really outdated and in pretty bad shape. The basic cleaning is done - floors are vacuumed, toilet and shower were clean. But the walls are pretty dirty and really "banged up". The overall feel is that the place isn't very clean.

The location is great. No problem parking, plenty of space and they didn't require any kind of receipt or tag in the window. Good restaurants nearby. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Close to Knotts berry farm but is a dump
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Very uncomfortable place. Every thing was outdated interior/ exterior except for tv. Won't take my shoes off carpet horrible shower horrible Had a curry stitch. Manager was not inviting over zero. Very I'm welcoming place especially people traveling with kids.

Nothing total dump!

If you're going to Knott's Berry Farm, this is the place to stay at.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The room had a cigarette smell when we walked in so we had to open the windows to get some air circulation.

Proximity to Knott's Berry Farm was what I was looking for and it worked out.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

It is a very easy walk to Knott's Berry Farm main gate!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom walls were not clean and paint was peeling. Tub was rusted and faucets covered in lime scale. Room was in disrepair; peeling paint, phone didn't work, curtain falling from ceiling.

It is a very easy walk to Knott's Berry Farm main gate! Within walking distance to several restaurants. Nice large room.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Great price for the rooms.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Clean everything worked. Very good deal for the money. Staff was great. One of our rooms wasnt ready so night clerk put us in suit for same price. Lacattion seemed safe.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

They were rude and not helpful at all and didn't even want to help me with information or anything eles

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

No breakfast.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The man at the front desk was on his phone watching Netflix. They didn't have breakfast as advertised. The dresser in my room was falling apart and was missing handles.

The loaction was nice. Your getting what you pay for in terms of room and cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Location is great and staff nice.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Carpets in room filthy, floors sticky, bathroom needed to be cleaned. Fingerprints on light switches and door knobs. The whole place needs a deep clean.

Location is great and staff nice.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

closed to theme parks and restaurants .
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

need to update the carpet to duty and clean the stairs goin up to the second floor.inside the looby

closed to theme parks and restaurants .. bed comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Ary/Taty Birthday Adventure
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Needs some updating, however for the $ it's OK. The ac unit didn't work very well.

Walking distance to restaurants for all budgets and Knotts Berry! Staff was great.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Worth only one nights stay.

Room looked clean but had a strange odor. Continental breakfast could use an upgrade. Hard to roll over in the bed.

Close to restaurant and park. Had microwave and refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

We were suppose to be in a non smoking area, the whole...
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

We were suppose to be in a non smoking area, the whole hallway, room, and bed smelled like smoke. It was so bad that it hurt to even breath or sleep at night

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Location was great!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The Hotel just had a run down dirty feel to it and also I believe it was the manager but he was very unfriendly. Breakfast isn't much but iHop is in the parking lot

Location to Knotts Berry Farm and other things around the Hotel. The price was great for 3 nights we stayed. The beds were comfy.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Disappointing stay
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The room to which we were first directed was not made up at all. The rooms were a bit grubby. The breakfast was not good.

The laundry was cheap. The position was convenient for our purpose.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Okay just for one or two night sleep.

There was almost nothing to eat at the breakfast. They can't say that breakfast is included. The staffs were not friendly at all and didn't pay any attention to the customers.

The room was fairly clean.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

It's very clean and it's right in the middle of...

It's very clean and it's right in the middle of everything I loved it. Enjoyed my stay and plus they have discount tickets for Knott's for that was a big plus! The lady in the registry was so nice and even though i arrived super early she was more than happy to check me in ^.^ thanks !

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Location, location, location!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I found no reason to list any negatives beyond the age of the hotel. It served its purpose and I would stay here again.

This is a typically Roadway Inn. We did not expect anything fancy and booked it for the location and were not disappointed. It is a short walk across the street to Knott's Berry Farm and there is an IHOP in the same lot as the hotel. Restaurants are abundant all around. We parked the car when we got to the hotel and never had to use it during our stay. I would recommend this hotel purely for its location. The room was old but clean and everything worked so no complaints. If you are looking for convenience to local attractions this is a good place. If you are looking for plush amenities, you probably won't get it here.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

So close to Knotts Berry farm with free parking
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The room wasn't clean when we arrived after 10 pm at night, although an employee came right away and cleaned it within 30 minutes. The sheets and towels seemed not comoletely clean even when replaced with fresh ones. The breakfast was basically nonexistent.

So close to Knotts Berry farm with free parking

Great staff, and very nice maids

Nice place nice staff

Convenient location

Perfect getaway
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Favorite place for when we go to Knott's berry farm multiple times a year. Great for kids and relaxing for adults!

My room the mirror was broken and and the bathroom was not...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

My room the mirror was broken and and the bathroom was not that clean

Truth of Stay
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

They were non smoking rooms and the Manager me know money back

It was clean and good location
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The continental breakfast, I was expecting bagels and fruit but they only gave toast and cinabuns

It was clean and good location

Noisy you can hear everything next to ur room , car noise...
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Noisy you can hear everything next to ur room , car noise was awful along with stragglers 👎🏻

It’s not very cleanThat we like to stay here because it’s close to the park and for one night it’s n

It’s not very clean

This hotel is very close to the theme park other than that it’s just a regular hotel you get what you pay for

A great place to stay.

N/a

Room was clean , facility was clean and the staff was very friendly . Walking distance to Knotts Berry Farm

Nice location but it smelled like the last tenants hot boxed the room
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Our non-smoking room wreaked of weed.

Very close to Knott’s Berry Farm

Location, all amenities were close proximity to the hotel.

Odd room location

Location, all amenities were close proximity to the hotel.

Short

No parking

Me and family enjoyed the whole experience.

Everything was good.

if you are goint Knotts berry farm it is a quick walk to the front gate
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

the shower head was a little low

The pillows were very comfortable

A mini vacation getaway...
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

How close it's to Knott's and all the services they have...

Nice and friendly place... It's good.

I didn't like nothing the rooms that were nasty and the...
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I didn't like nothing the rooms that were nasty and the bathroom have roaches

The loud Nessa of the bar next to us.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The loud Nessa of the bar next to us.

A place to relax and enjoy

better parking

I was pleased with the entire stay from start to finish.

Great place to stay

Awesome stay as always!

The owner could make out he was friendly .
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The owner could make out he was friendly .... cos he wasn’t