Reviews of Siegel Select Convention Center 2 stars

#182 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

3.9

Good,cheap and pretty

They didn't clean my room, I stayed 2 nights

There are much places to walk, Ross, Denny's, souvenirs store, el gordo tacos, it was quiete . I liked much I'll book it again for sure

See above comments
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

I first walking in throught the 104 room smelled like urine and unbath dog smell like old dirty sock. But decided not to complain since we my sister my niece just arrived in las vegas 4.10.18 since traveling from Georgia in all types of dilemmas one big scare was the weather tornado warnings that week of 4.2.18 mon tues wed thurs fri sat sun mon 4.9.18 tue 4.10.18. Well we stay in same room and the last day 4.13.18 to 4.14.18 booked with Booking.com. which was a good price front desk manager 4.13.18 said its Better to go through siegel then booking that its more work for them to check me out and then to check me back as guest that used booking.com. I'm disappointed b wc cause I saved more of my money with Booking. I had already spent over 400 hundreds $100.91 $ 6.69 $ 237.87 $73.58 = $ 419.05 total . Left Siegel Suites convention 4.14.18 tipped maid. On Sunday 4.15.18 I looked at my account to set up acct w I th new landlord and couldn't believe my credit card was swiped twice for $355.57 $355.57 without my knowledge meaning over a thousand was taken without my ok and no authorization. I will call to see 2hat happened I called and hotel clerk Said manager was not in day off tomorrow she will in . the next day I looked and nothing 2nd showing my acct the 355.57 deducted was not showing I thought ok it a error. The next day systems when down with IRS. T he two Amoi n ts for 355.57 were back on my bank account showing went through not pending . by then I call spoke manager she claim my sister and my sister ruined matttes on oh f two in that room. That it should up for bodily fluids and needed to be replaced I said no we are not bed wetter and why was my card used twice she said it used once url to replace a matteress that been used over over different guest and to say a animal urine was the cause. How could she use my card without my permission. That's is fraud. How ever you look at it t hey had my cell number.

See above comments

we will book it every time we have trip in Vegas
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

The hotel is perfect location because nearby is the convention center for exhibitions, only 5 minutes to walk from hotel till the convention center. Nearby is Walgreen and Denny's and couple more shops and the Fashion Show Mall

It was clean, and looked just like the pictures.

charge for wifi

It was clean, and looked just like the pictures. The room and hallway smelled nice. They had free parking and it wasn’t that far off the strip. Just a small walk. I didn’t have to deal with traffic when I got into/out of the hotel. It’s a good value for your money. I stayed there with my friends and they all liked it. We slept comfortably for the time we stayed there. I would stay here again if I ever went back.

Distrusting staff and generally not a warm environment.
    • King Room with Kichenette

Only one lamp bedside and one outlet on the bed headboard wall; the outlet supplied intermittent electricity to the lamp and clock radio which kept blinking on and off. The ceiling can lights were either all on or all off so without an adequate lamp outlet contributed to a poorly illuminated room with extremely limited lighting options. Room had chewing gum on the bathroom floor and candy wrapper in the vestibule. First room they put me in the dead bolt would not engage in the closed position. I insisted they move me to a more secure room. They required a $100.00 cash deposit and were very suspicious of my person. The staff inspected the room prior to refunding the cash deposit. The television required a master remote update twice which required the staff to come into the room and interrupted my privacy. The room remote only worked if you stood within 3 feet of the upper right corner of the TV. The room was falsely advertised as a kitchenette but only had a small fridge and a microwave. No kitchen supplies nor even paper towels available.

Room size was a plus.

I like that I wasn't that far from the strip.
    • King Room with Kichenette

Needs a shuttle other than that perfect.

I like that I wasn't that far from the strip. And I had different food options and shopping near me. The staff was very friendly and I enjoyed them.

Hotel room looked nice but wished house keeping came up to clean in-between nights.
    • King Room with Kichenette

Wished housekeeping came in to clean. Stayed 2 nights in a king suite and housekeeping never came.

I enjoyed the design of the room. Very modern and stylish. I stayed in a king suite and I really did enjoy the up-to-date interior design. Also, my partner and I ordered room service and it wasn't too bad. Not the best, but was not terrible.

MISERABLE- NEXT NIGHT FOR LESS MONEY MOVED INTO THE HARD ROCK & WE WERE IN HEAVEN
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

THE MATTRESS WAS DISGUSTINGLY SOFT AND AWFUL- THE AIR CON WAS NOISY AND TOOK A LONG TIME TO COOL THE ROOM- THE PASSAGE AND ENTRANCE STANK BADLY- THE STERILE VIBE WAS LIKE BEING IN A PARKING LOT- NO PLANTS OR GREENERY THOUGH CAN LIVE WITH THAT. THE SOAP WAS FROM PREVIOUS USERS AND NOT A NEW BAR. BASICALLY AT LEAST IF WE HAD NO SLEEP DUE TO HORRIBLE MATTRESS AND AC NOISE AT LEAST CHARGE 49 OR MOST 99 A NIGHT - BUT FOR OVER 200 DOLLARS A NIGHT WHAT WE PAID IT WAS HIGHWAY ROBBERY- NO VALUE FOR THE BUCK WHATSOEVER- ITS NOT FAIR TO CHARGE 200 FOR A LOUSY MATTRESS- U HAVE TO CHANGE THE MATTRESSES IF U WANT DECENT AMOUNT AT LEAST

I liked that it was modern style decorated and thats why though it was few stars it looked like it could be decent online and we had a hard time that weekend last minute getting a hotel for our budget so we thought it could work.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

I like the location in relation to what I am trying to...
    • King Room with Kichenette

The parking is never good, but they were painting lines and it was even worse. The staff was not as helpful as they have been in the past. I found cockroaches in my room. There was some rather shady happenings going on outside. I am looking at a new facility across the street for my next visit.

I like the location in relation to what I am trying to accomplish for my business and it usually is very quiet and safe.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Decent facilities, bad customer service.
    • King Room with Kichenette

Customer service is nonexistent. They mostly focus on their longer term residents and they're not good as a short term hotel. They made my buy wifi, I bought it for a week, and it expired after 2 days and they basically said too bad. Then they shut down half the parking lot for the last 2 days of my stay with only a few hours notice to move cars. There's no one on staff after 10pm, no phone to call the front desk. It really operates as more or an apartment complex. They don't clean the hotel rooms daily or redo the beds/towels, nothing like that, unless you're staying a week or longer. There's some weird people staying there long term, some yelling in the hallway late at night the first night I was there.

Great location, nice facilities

Look new inside, just remodeling
    • King Room with Kichenette

We stayed in room 210. Toilet clogged, electric outlet in kitchen didn't work, shower knobs were difficult to adjust.

Look new inside, just remodeling

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great Value Near Convention Center
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

Make side door of front building open by key so guest does not have to go to the back door.

The upgrade and remodeling makes this an entirely different experience from past stays. It exceeded my expections. . Will definitely stay again. Spacious, clean and bright rooms. Refridgrator and microwave are nice extras. Flat screen TV had excellent selection. Easy walk to Convention Center. Denny's McDonalds and other restaurants nearby. Convenient to the strip. Nearby Walgreen with food and drink 5 minute walk

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

DO NOT stay here. NOT a real Extended Stay!
    • King Room with Kichenette

It did not have a kitchenette as advertised. In addition to that I was informed that the ADA room would at least have a sink ehich it did not.

This was not a genuine Extended Stay that I usually stay in. It was absolutely awful. I submitted a complaint via email to their corporate office.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Location to the Convention Center.
    • King Room with Kichenette

Had problems with the TV for three days. Staff couldn't fix the problem. Manager gave me a $16.00 credit on a bill of over $500.00 for three night stay. I arrived at 2:35pm and had to wait in the lobby until the check in time of 3:00 to get into a room.

Location to the Convention Center.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The worst experience we have ever had!
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

everything else! The building and grounds were horrendous, the Wi-Fi kept dropping out, we had no water for showers on the last day. The staff was very unprofessional. Worst experience I have ever had traveling.

The room was clean

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Location was reason for selection next to convention center
    • King Room with Kichenette

Upon arrival my confirmed room was overbooked(I booked and payed) 3 months in advance. The hotel put me in a long term rental that was worst place I have stayed in 35 years of traveling. Room was So bad I cut my trip short and retuned home. Think this was a bait and switch operation never again........

Location was reason for selection next to convention center

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Good stay
    • King Room with Kichenette

There was a big flat screen tv was nice to "look at" but that's it, because there was no cable or local stations to watch, just static :( The shower water kept changing to boiling hot water to ice cold throughout my shower even though I did not take long.

The rooms looked like the pictures, clean and nice. Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Lower rates than most hotels in the same area
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

We had to ask for toiletries,they were not in our room when we checked in.The maid service is not on a daily basis.No restaurant on site or adjacent to hotel.

Close to South Las Vegas Strip area.The room was fairly spacious.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Great hidden gem.
    • King Room with Kichenette

Construction is going on at both the hotel and the road in front of it. But that makes it a good deal right now as prices will rightfully go up once completed.

Staff was super helpful and friendly. Check in time was 3pm but we arrived at 11 and needed to put our luggage somewhere, they let us check in 4 hrs early at no extra charge. The rooms looked brand new with big comfy king beds, modern wallpaper and furniture, a flat screen TV and cold ac. Located in walking distance to the convention center and the beginning of the strip.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Appalling night in a dreadful building site with none of the paid for facilities including breakfast
    • Queen Room- Non-Smoking

We were not informed that this property had changed owner. We paid through Booking.com for Breakfast, a king sized room and free Wi-Fi. The property was a building site with no breakfast, a queen bed, no iron or seating area and Wi-Fi was $6! We will be seeking legal advice to claim the cost of buying breakfast off site and using our mobile data to get Wi-Fi to check into our flights the next day. The bed had an iron extension to link to a second bed which was hidden by a bedspread so that both of us sustained injuries to our ankles which we reported to the management. We consider both the hotel and Booking.com to be jointly and severally liable for failing to inform us of the changes (no discount was given in respect of the missing items or breakfast) and, as this was paid for by card, will also seek help from our bank to obtain compensation.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

neat, new, well designed fair price
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

The only thing that I can mention is that the aircondition gets a little noisy.

A very good deal. Don't be shocked when you see the outside. The building is under construction and so is the road in front. The room was big (two queensize) and was very neat and clean. Everything is new and well designed especially the bathroom. It even has a kitchenette with coffeeemachine and coffee. On top of that there is a pool in the backyard. we appreciated our stay very much.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Bed was sooooo comfy.
    • King Room with Kichenette

The bottled water in the room you had to pay for but there was no sign letting you know that. Room was so hot would of been nice if AC was on prior to getting to room.

Bed was sooooo comfy.

Staf

The door wa defect 205

Staf

Unable to check In turned around after unhappy staff...

Staff

Unable to check In turned around after unhappy staff unlocking business doors at7 am

Housekeeping

The check out time

The check out time

The Parking

How moderern it was and the check out time.

More parking and a better location would be nice.

The beds

It was great!

It was great!

Ill be here for a while!
    • King Room with Kichenette

Office has funny hours so pay your next day ahead of time if you have a job... And they charge for wifi.. Boooo!

Comfortable, clean and quiet

Absolutely loved staying here!

Nothing I didn’t like.

Absolutely loved staying here. Room was large, very clean and smelled so good!

would stay here again
    • King Room with Kichenette

No smoking no balcony boo

The bed was extra comfy. Staff super nice.

Will not recommend this hotel to anyone especially if you have kids
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

No phone no ice machine and no screen on the window!!!!! Didn’t feel safe in case of emergency.

The Bed

Its OK

Roaches

Confy

Excellent staff
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

Safe was locked at check-in

Convenient

The decor and the comfort of the room was very pleasant

No indoor pool, and Non Smoking rooms only

The decor and the comfort of the room was very pleasant

For a short and working visit is ok.
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

Location is great. Very simple but ok. Stuff doesn involve at all until you deficate some minutes to have a chat. As ever in cheap and fast hotels.

Never again

The staff

NOthing

Would stay again
    • King Room with Kichenette

Nice and close to the strip. Pool facilities were nice as the weather was so hot.

My room was still not clean and shower didn't work and they didn't wanna change my room.

👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽

Clean comfortable place, great location

Hours of operations, no office staff after 10:00 pm

Friendly staff, clean room, great location

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Not a bad location
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

I liked how clean and spacious it was

The shower sucked.
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

The shower sucked. No water pressure and either too hot or cold.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms.
    • King Room with Kichenette

Friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms. Easy access.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

It was ok
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

Small parking and a lot of sketchy people having in the back

Great staff and not that far from the strip

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The decorations

One key didn't work

The decorations

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Real pleasant and relaxing little vacation

Maybe more soda machines

Real comfortable bed ,room clean and pleasant aroma staff real helpfull

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Clean, tidy with friendly staff
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

Kitchen had no cutlery plates or glasses

Clean, tidy with friendly staff

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

The women at the counter was the kindest person in all of...
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

The women at the counter was the kindest person in all of Las Vegas!! Thank you so much

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

The room
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

The water pressure was low in the sink

The room

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

POOR BUSINESS
    • Queen Room with Kitchenette

everything.. worst hotel business ever

the pillows

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially security...

JUST THE construction in front but it wasn't too bad.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially security, the rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

The receptionist was very cordial and professional.

The manager walked in while we were unpacking!! Claimed that she didnt know that we were there?!!!! What kind of company has this type of management? We also found a pair of panties under the the chair!!!!! Shall not recommend your establishment unless compensated.

The receptionist was very cordial and professional.I also liked the fact that you asked for my opinion.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Not much.

Smells, it was not cleaned properly, no electricity and no water at times, nobody at the desk after 8pm, if you had a problem nobody to help you. No deposit was refunded for no valid reason. The worst experience!

Not much.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2016

This place is a disaster.

NO soap, NO shampoo, no face cloth, no Kleenex, no drinking glass/cup. Bedside lamp did not work. The next morning I went to front desk, and obtained a facecloth, and soap. They did not have any drinking cups. Worse yet, I think I was the only guest.

This place is a disaster.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

Friendly front desk.

They changed the name of the facility without telling us. Took a half hour and a visit to two nearby stores to realize it was the right building. It became an extended stay so we had to leave a huge, surprise deposit. Shady alleyway, people looming by the cars, hypodermic needles and dead birds on the ground outside. The room was frustrating. Busted tv, stained floor, the toilet kept running, cracks in the wall, and the sheets on the bed weren't even fitted so I woke up touching the mattress. Really gross.

Friendly front desk.

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

big double bed, big room

no cleaning the room during 7+ days; any shampoo, soap, towels etc by request only. may be no water in room 1 day per week (but staff try to inform about), no internet connection for any device (but you pay for it). staff friendly but when you booking the room earlier with breakfast & free wi-fi, after you informed about no breakfast provided, working time (check-in time) up to 7:00pm :-( so when you fly after 7pm (later check-in?!)- look for another hotel to sleep one night...

big double bed, big room

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

Bed was OK but only had one sheet, so we had to ask for...

Hard to find as lobby windows covered with plastic sheets although painting done. Signs 40' in air so not visible driving by. No soap, etc in bathroom. In a poor neighborhood next to vacant parking lot. No coffee in room or lobby. Lobby closes at 6:00pm and opens at 7:00am, so if problem, good luck. Only 10 or so guests, so worried about safety of car, but lot was well lit. Room very dark due to covered exterior hallways. Looks like maybe new owners are trying to upgrade: painters, workmen on site all very nice. Used to be a Days Inn I think.

Bed was OK but only had one sheet, so we had to ask for another one and make up the bed with it. Exterior hallways outside rooms were secured with room card access to get into the hallways. Was close to the Strip, but too windy to walk.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

The price was the only thing I liked.

I believe I was hoodwinked. They advertised a decent price for a upgraded room with kitchenette. Once I got there they didn't have it available. Another customer came to check in and was told the same thing. They're using the double with kitchenette to lure you in. Then give you a horrible room. Room didn't even have a telephone.

The price was the only thing I liked.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

The front desk attendant was very nice and courteous.

Parking was very tight. I couldn't see the sign to hotel. Thanks to my maps on my phone that's how I found it.

The front desk attendant was very nice and courteous.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

Room 131...No wash cloths. No soap luckily I travel a lot and had my own. The bed had one sheet with a disgusting blanket to touch your body and a dirty comforter. As I was walking to the lobby there was graffiti on the buliding. While waiting to check in with an incompetent staff member a worker was painting inside the lobby. He received a personal phone call and began using all sorts of profanity. Although the rooms are non smoking my first room smelled as if a smoker lived there for years. The manager agreed and moved me to something worse...room 131. The bathtub still had hairs in it from the last victim of this dump.

Location....Very close to Las Vegas Blvd and shopping.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Thank you Siegal suite for the worst evening in my life.

Thank you Siegal suite for the worst evening in my life. When I came to the hotel, a man, who was a staff there, told me that they couldn't check me in because everybody finished today and they had check in before 7 pm! I hope my review will help someone not to use this awful hotel!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Arrived early told us only smoking rooms avail.

Arrived early told us only smoking rooms avail. to come back at 3pm and our rooms would be ready but no rooms avail. only smoking. I had requested 2 rooms non-smoking side by side had me waiting standing at the counter for over an hour till we finally were given our rooms no I'm sorry for any inconvenience thank you for waiting and no housekeeping was done to our room when we were out the next day. When I told the guy at the desk that he told me my rooms would be ready at 3pm he didn't say anything but the guy working with him said you came to late all the non-smoking rooms are taken I thought housekeeping was to have all rooms available at 3pm for check-in but they were not front desk kept paging them if rooms were available and response would be no. Staff had poor customer service any other hotel would of done something for our inconvenience do not plan on using this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

Only the location near the convention center.

We were there for 4 nights. The water was not running for 3 of the 4 days and we could not take a shower or brush our teeth. The front of this place was under construction and it looked like a cheap derelict hotel. Unsafe as well. Construction workers propostioned my assistant every day. And even offered her drugs. They were living on site and had big parties at the pool every night. She felt unsafe coming in at night, and resorted to trying to get in the back door without them seeing her. Long dark hallways. Very stressful. Really want a refund due to the no water situation. Terrible experience. If they are going to cut off the water, they should not be renting hotel rooms.

Only the location near the convention center.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2016

It was close to the strip

The person that checked me in seemed like he had no idea what he was doing. First he couldn't find my reservation, then he found it, the place was really run down and not worth the money I paid. The parking sucked and it was difficult just to get to the parking area. Until you finish renovating, I suggest you lower your prices for the outdated rooms

It was close to the strip

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

The place was not comfortable at all. Me and my wife woke up with cockroaches on us. While we were out on the town my wifes purse was stolen. When we checked out i had asked about how to get the deposit back since the card was shut off. The manager was not in. I was told she would call us back the next day. The next day i had waited 5 min until they closed and Mia (general manger). Still didnt call me. So i had called in to explain the situation. The manger had told me that there is nothing they can do about the cockroaches or the deposit. When i asked for the corporate number all she offered was her email and stated she cant give me that number.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Clean room

1- We arrived late and reception was closed! Was not it a 24h-reception? 2- No breakfast whereas website specify "free breakfast" ! Too much lies!

Clean room Free WIFI Close by Las Vegas Boulevard (Between Wynn and Circus Circus)

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

Location close to the Strip

Terrible smell in the hotel. Unfriendly front desk stuff. It takes ages to get you trough check-in. At the end they charge you +10 USD more, than what was the final price at Booking.com

Location close to the Strip

• Reviewed: 22 February 2016

Never advised that the hotel was being rebuilt.

EVERYTHING!

Never advised that the hotel was being rebuilt. Shocking state, Bedrooms stripped of hanging rail/hangers/iron, phones switched off, empty and not taking in guests but didn't advise of this. Homeless sleeping rough around building. Advised room servicing only every 3 days, never done in 5. Terrible experience, now a long term rental building not a hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2016

Location, without noices, quiet.

When we booked a room, there was continental breakfast included. But in reality was not. And we didnt get earlier information, that owner was changed!!

Location, without noices, quiet.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

There were homeless sleeping in the parking lot, a...

There were homeless sleeping in the parking lot, a prostitute in the lobby, and a security guard with a gun. Although come to think of it the security guard was a welcome sight.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

Bed corfotable.

When I booked it, the ad said breakfast included. During the check-in I was informed that the hotel was bought by Siegal Hotel and they will not offer the breakfast. The staff were very rude about that and didn't help with any solution. At least Booking.com refunded me the breakfeast.

Bed corfotable. Very good size room.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

The room was surprisingly better than we thought it would be...

We booked a room at rodeway inn, but what we got was a dingy hotel alongside a dark alley. The (formerly) main entrance was dark & locked & it took us a while to find a way in. The clerk explained that the Rodeway Inn had been sold & was not operating as such any more. He was "honoring" our reservation & let us see the room to decide if we wanted to check in or not. We had to take it, what else were we to do after being on the road since 8am & got there by 6:30pm on a friday night. The place is under construction with rubble all over & very dirty halls, etc. They also did not serve the promised breakfast included in the reservation at the rodeway inn! I do have pictures, but no way to post them.

The room was surprisingly better than we thought it would be, judging by the rubble & dirt in the hall, the walls & outside the building. The room was big, the shower had safety rails, which we appreciated.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

I love the proximity to the conference center and indeed the...

I had a bad cigerrate swell in my room. But was immediately attended to by the housekeeping department.

I love the proximity to the conference center and indeed the ideal place for business.

• Reviewed: 24 October 2015

the cost was OK, the breakfast was good.

The parking loot was scary, the bedding was really poor, the available electrical was down right crappy, even lights wee missing in the room. For a handicapped room there was no please for me to put my tooth brush, razor ect.

the cost was OK, the breakfast was good.

There are also 21 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Siegel Select Convention Center traveller photo gallery