Reviews of Rodeway Inn near LA Live 3 stars

#1 of 2 hotels in Huntington Park

5.7

5.7

5.6

i am strongly not recommended this hotel even if they offer $30 per night. i have video of it .

it was the ugliest hotel ever i seen. even no hanger to hang the cloths.

it was of the worse hotel in my life that i stay in a hotel .they wore offering continental breakfast and i toke some picture to uploaded and i think they do now the meaning of continental breakfast. even no hanger to hang the cloths.

Big property has a lot of rooms
    • Queen Room

Staff is sooooooooooooo rude . He didn’t have change to give me and I had to find a liquor store to get change There’s a $100 deposit you don’t know of until you arrive . Parking is always full .

Big property has a lot of rooms

That complimentary breakfast was offered.
    • Queen Room

Wasn't informed I'd be required to give a $100.00 deposit prior to my arrival. What if I didn't have it. I would've went all the way down there for nothing.

That complimentary breakfast was offered.

Didn't have my reservation despite two confirmations and...
    • Queen Room

Didn't have my reservation despite two confirmations and could not have been more rude. Lousy neighborhood, tacky property, poor signage - good riddance.

Never again
    • Queen Room

Respect for me and my family We were customers and was treated like a storage unit with mild clothes.

Nothing was cleaned it was a mess staff was rude over the phone also.

Do not stay here
    • Queen Room

Terrible.. the worst and most and dirty place iever hosted.. the first room they offered us stinks as humidity.. second cigarrete.. old people (and i can handle with that).. the person was rude and there was no breakfast on the menu only coffe and cereal.. i didnt even tried it on since is not trustable and just looking at the rooms what to expect? I saw a decent puntuation but this should be a -2 stard instead... worst experience ever :(

Flithy and overpriced
    • Queen Room

Everything. It was awful. Filthy, ridiculously small, uncomfortable... The list goes on. There were rusty bolts protruding from the (tiny) shower wall, the walls were dirty, the carpet was dirty and ripped up, the TV was tiny, the staff was rude and implied that I was a prostitute (asked if we needed a couple hours or a night), we booked a queen bed and got a full size bed instead. The toilet was constantly running and the location. Right in the hood. Right outside the hotel people were partying into the wee hours of the night blasting their music and drunkenly singing karaoke. It was completely overpriced and honestly disgusting.

I didn't like anything about it. I've stayed at Motel 6's better than this.

Very disappointed.
    • Queen Room

There is a CASH $100 deposit, not stated in the booking app., I stated i was unaware of that, he yelled and stated i must pay, i said i would . 2)The man who was at the front desk spoke very poor English, was rude and though i stated id be there between 5 and 6 pm, it was 6:11 pm and because i questioned the $100 cash fee and couldn't hear nor understand him (poor English), he yelled at me and said "get out, your room is gone, you're late" he didnt even ask my name!!!

The property looked nice from the outside.
    • Queen Room

The bed sunken in. Needs new mattress. Very uncomfortable to sleep on.carpet and bathroom floor was dirty like if they dont mop or clean the carpet once in awhile.

The property looked nice from the outside.

Internet wasn’t powerful at all
    • Queen Room

Young people were smoking under the stairs which seems scary and we could smell people smoking marijuana

Breakfast was very poor if you can provide Little more would make little better

Not worth the money!!!

Everything. Worst hotel I've been too not worth the $129 we spent.

Nothing like the pictures. The sheets had stains, every single towel in the bathroom had stains. Couldn't figure out the tv. Would rate this 1 star. And only because it was close to a lot of stores and restaurants

Never again, wish I could get a refund
    • Queen Room

Bugs came pouring out of the cable box, T.V. didn't work and it took us over an hour of arguing to get a different room and the one they moved us to still didn't have a working t.v. and heard arguments over prostitutes all night

Nasty place I wouldn't let my pets stay there.

This hotel is discussing. There were holes on the wall, the parts that didn't have holes had food stains. The room smelled like it hadn't been clean in years. Free breakfast, all they had was a gallon of milk and cheap cereal. I paid alot of money for this nasty room. The parking lot had dirty diapers thrown everywhere. Nasty place I was better off sleeping in my car.

I really like the room, it's close to the school I am attending.
    • Queen Room

I have had 2 full weeks of room rentals ( Mon.-Fri.), and now my remaining classes will be on a Monday, Tuesday, and a Friday. I wish that I could get a "three (3) day package" at a reduced rate, consisting of a Sun. and Mon. night and a Thursday night as I am not working and am paying for school, gas and food.

Very nice rooms and I feel very safe here! It is also close to the school I am attending for 6 weeks! Great parking and free Wi-Fi are also a big plus!

Not a good place to rest.
    • Queen Room

I reserved 2 rooms for one nighg.one of the Rooms was a non smoking and it smelled like cigaretts looks like someone took batteries out of the smoke alarm..tvs didnt work properly.asked for breakfast and extra pillows didnt get either of them..bathrooms were SUPER small..beds are so uncofortable..they had a dog barking everytime we passed by room 110.i could go on about what we didnt like.overall will not be taying there anymore.rather stay in my car than spend money here lol

It’s was nice and quite clean and the staff were helpful.
    • Queen Room

When I was looking for a hotel I was looking for one that served breakfast. The hotel advertised that they served breakfast but when I went down all that was served was coffee, cereal and danishes. I was hoping for at least eggs, bacon, sausage and toast, oatmeal at the minimum.

It’s was nice and quite clean and the staff were helpful.

Bring a firearm if you’re going to choose this location.
    • Queen Room

My 39.5 yrs as a probation officer gave me experience that told me this was the type of “hood” that I needed my firearm. The mattress was sunken on one side as if a 500 lb. Man sat permanently in one spot for 96 hrs. Straight. I had to leave earlier than planned due to family issues back home but the clerk wouldn’t give me credit or refund for 1 day rental. This hotel is the type that’s normally used for 1 hr. Stays by less than reputable people. I highly recommend people not to stay at this location if you value your life/personal property! I’ll never use this facility ever again!

The granite on the dresser & in the bathroom was nice.

Not good value for the money.
    • Queen Room

The continental breakfast was cereal and coffee. Towels were stained yellow. Everything was outdated and carpet was disgusting . Airconditiong ran all night through a central ac. Heater had cigarette butts and smelled so we couldn’t turn it on. Parking was extremely full and it seemed to have abandoned cars that were left there and sitting for a long time. Additionally the outside parking was littered with trash.

The sheets “seemed” clean an bed had what I think we’re possibly bed bug covers.

I probably will not stay there again.
    • Queen Room

Area was scary. Breakfast was coffee with powdered cream and sugar, a couple of selections of cold cereal but milk was frozen, packaged pastry was okay but messy, no eggs or meat, no fruit or yogurt. Some parking was hard to get in or out of, plus it was right off an alley.

Room was comfortable. IHOP nearby. Part of the building had a Mexican restaurant in it but I didn't try it.

Getting What You Pay For Doesn't Have To Be A Bad Thing.
    • Queen Room

I know it's not a 3 star hotel, but microwaves are kinda crucial these days for lazy and/or weary travelers..........plus there were some f***ing loud neighbors.

CHEAP..Nice front staff. You can park at the hotel while doubles as Dennys parking lot. Two-fer! The staff Let me queeze into the kitchen room to make some hot water with the microwave.....btw

You get what you pay for
    • Queen Room

Area was sketchy. Room was old, bed was like a pull out bed. We slept in our clothes on top of the bedding.

The price was right. It was close to the coliseum.

Nice room, but hated that I saw roaches

I saw 2 roaches and that killed my weekend and there was no free breakfast even though it was advertised.

It was a nice & upgraded room and the bed was comfy and so were the pillows.

Comfy bed but not worth what I paid
    • Queen Room

When we first checked in we were given a room key to a room that wasn't cleaned after a guest. The bed was a mess. We were given another room key the bathroom was dirty the toilet handle was broken or something. The place is nowhere near any malls. The staff don't smile and one of the staff was mopping the floor and forgot to put a wet sign down. We didn't get enough towels it was loud. The walls were really thin

Bed was comfortable

Very UNPLEASANT.

The bed was slanted so I felt like I was falling all night, the walls were thin so i can hear everything the person next door was saying AND doing, the bath tub was rusty looking, and the parking lot was full so we had to park far. Oh, and the guy mixed up my room with another family and gave my room to another family after he already gave it to us.

That they had a mini fridge and microwave in the unit, but I had to request it in advance.

There's was nothing I liked about this property...
    • Queen Room

I called prior to ask what my friend would need to able to check in and supposedly the manager "Joe" wanted to continue to have a side conversation before listening to my question and then was very rude and argumentative about check-in time. Booking has check-in for 2pm but he said it was 3pm and my friend could wait around because she wouldn't get it until then. After check-in she had to.request a different room.because the first has roaches. I guess you pay for what you pay for. Next time just pay the extra money to be at cleaner place

There's was nothing I liked about this property unfortunately

Would rather spend extra money and stay somewhere nicer!
    • Queen Room

Where do I start? The location wasn’t very nice, nor the hotel. Didn’t feel safe or comfortable and actually checked out a day early and stayed somewhere else. Bathroom dirty-dirt up the door. Funny smell in the room. Booked because informed it was close to staples centre-nowhere near!

Good internet connection.

Old, worn furniture.
    • Queen Room

Old, worn furniture. The hotel is located in a Mexican block. It's a bit nervous to walk around after sunset. No fridge and microwave in the room. I stayed in the cheapest one. Hope, more expensive rooms are better. If you are going to stay here don't book a cheap room. Only coffee, sweet buns are in the small breakfast room. No juices, nothing. The worst place I stayed in California during my two weeks trip.

Disapointed, very "local" area
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was only rice bubbles or cornflakes & yesterdays Danish pastry. Breakfast 1, coffee ranout & no replacement available, no fruit & no juice. Breakfast 2, milk ran out & had to chase staff for replacement, coffee cold, yesterdays Danish, no fruit & no juice.

Good sized room, window could be opened to allow a breeze in. Between bus depot & airport.

Unimpressed and disappointed. Beware.
    • Queen Room

Unhelpful staff, was more concerned with his cell phone than paying quests, dirty carpets throughout , washing facilities not working, breakfast room the worst we have come across in our travels (30 days- 25 motels). Overall was very disappointed.

Internet worked well

Spacious room.

Lack of parking meant if you didn't arrive early enough you would have to try and find parking on the road opposite. The walls were incredibly thin so you could hear conversations from the rooms next door. Leaking shower meant there was a lot of water on the floor in the bathroom. Breakfast was either rice krispies or cornflakes and that was it. The vending machines in the lobby were empty so you had to walk down to the shop across the road if you wanted some water or snacks. The staff gave us incorrect timings for breakfast and regarding checkout times and couldn't have been less welcoming on our arrival.

Spacious room.

Staff was frendly
    • Queen Room

Sheet was not change I had to go buy sheet for thay bed .no shower doors it was broken missing.bath tub had hair in it .trash from the previous guest .carpet was dingy and duty.cleaning towel was in the wash hand sink.overalls it was bad I was to lazy to go looking for a nother hotel

Staff was frendly

Rude staff! So mean.
    • Queen Room

I have never been treated so badly and rudely! I was greeted by reception by a man who was abusing me because my card didn't work on the reservation. I closed the account that day as it was an American card and didn't think about anything else. The man said my card declined today so he canceled my reservation without calling or emailing or anything. I told him I had no idea but here is the money and he still was very rude to me! Then over charged me $27 because I was now a 'walk in'. I have no idea I had done anything wrong but to be abused in stead of someone explaining the situation was uncalled for! Soooooo rude I left in tears! The man did not even tell me where my room was or if there was breakfast or laundry or anything. I would have left on the spot if I had a car. But I was stuck here.... never again will I come back!!!! And never recommend this hotel! No one should ever be treated so rudely!!! Completely upset and has put my trip off to a horrible start!

After dealing with the rude people I could lock myself away.

Rooms where clean, old some signs of decay.

The staff in the morning was so rude !! I still payed 146 for a night for 3 persons. And politeness isn't to much to ask for. Rude all in all. Breakfast is a sweet thing with coffee or something not outstanding. I wouldn't come back.

Rooms where clean, old some signs of decay. But location is all right stayed there for a big concert was there in 16 min

You get what you pay for.
    • Queen Room

The room was not what was expected. When we checked in the service was okay. The room was small. Our view was looking into someone's backyard and a brick building. When we came back to the hotel at night, there was no parking at all. We circled for at least 10 mins looking for a spot. We asked where else we can park and the front desk said there's plenty of parking. There wasn't any.

We'll never get back there.
    • Queen Room

The person who was at the reception when we got there was reeeeaaaaaaally confused! He didn't talk a word in english, and whenever he tried it was monosyllabic. He made the payment before the check-in, which is the opposite of what Booking.com said. We wanted to pay whit other card (travel money), but he just didn't knows how to procedure. So, we lost money whit the transaction (non authorized), time(trying to explain and change the card), and it mades our experience stressful. We will never come back there.

There was a gas station (am pm) next to it (good breakfast).

I left a lot earlier than I normally would.
    • Queen Room

Cleanliness of the room and staff

My room was adjacent to an alley which smelled of urine. The floor and comforter set were dirty. The staff we're not so friendly. To top it all off they required a $100 cash deposit for the room in addition to the regular fees and taxes. Quite possibly one of the worst I've experienced. I really lost out on this purchase. Smh

It's just for an over nite vistit
    • Queen Room

Nothing in the vending machine. The breakfast was just a gallon of milk and store bought pastries no fruit no food no bread no juice in the juice machine no coffee it was terrible no microwaves to use to warm up your food no refrigerators not enough parking

The IHOP next door. The bathroom

TERRIBLE NOT SUITABLE AT ALL
    • Queen Room

Hotel manager was very rude and I was racially profiled and ask to provide cash deposit while other guest were not required.. (I inquired with two guest)

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Worst stay!
    • Queen Room

Everything. The room looks disgusting. The furniture is very old, stained, and cheap. The moment we walked in we wished we would have just stayed our layover at the airport! We didn't even get IN bed we just layed over it with our clothes. The room also had a weird smell. The mattress was very uncomfortable. Can you tell how much we hated this place?

Absolutely nothing.

Good placeto spend thenight.
    • Queen Room

What i didnt like was some of thee rooms need a bit of maintainance to it. The shower needs a bit more pressure. The mattressneedto be replace.

What i lile was that it was close to home. Staff know me and is very quick and accurate to give me the room and be polite about it.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

The blankets were stiff and two of the pillows had a bunch...
    • Queen Room

The staff and guest were extremely loud no matter the time of day. When house keeping took the towels they didn't replace them and we had to ask for more.

The blankets were stiff and two of the pillows had a bunch of stains, not very pleasant.

YIKES
    • Queen Room

No breakfast included, no pool facility and no fridge or microwave in the room. Carpet was smelly, dirty and mangled at the trim. Pillowcases were dirty with makeup smears (EEW). Only two bath towels and one washcloth were stocked in our bathroom. When we asked management for more they said they were out. We felt pretty gross in this hotel. It isn't supposed to have frills for the price, but it is supposed to be CLEAN.

Pet fee was only $20. Ice machine worked...

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Dirty room, rude staff, and flimsy breakfast, oh my!
    • Queen Room

The carpet in my room was torn up, the bathroom light went completely out and we had to shower in the dark, and I asked for extra pillows because my two other friends and I had to share one king sized bed and there weren't enough! We asked every night that we were there and they still didn't bring any, finally the guy at the the front desk said that they were out of pillows. Don't be reeled in by the "continental breakfast", it's literally just cereal and some pastries. Overally I would say that I will never stay here again.

I liked that they staff were able to get me a bigger bed because of the room I got.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Content
    • Queen Room

Shower was to small for 2 people to be in even though for a corner unit. Bed could be lil MRE soft/comfort and bigger pillows.Last few times we were there the rooms had microwave/mini frig. This one none.

Being that's it's next to an IHop and Am/Pm and liquor store/food places. It's good. The price was good what I got from booking.com

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

It's an ok spot for the price

I could hear word for word what the people next to my unit were saying. Paper thin walls. Housekeeping kept bothering me to leave when I told her twice I had an extended checkout and had to call the from desk to confirm I could stay late.

It was a convenient place to stay near the office I was working at for the day.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Find another hotel, this one sucks
    • Queen Room

The room was very small and the bathroom was locked and we had to be moved to a different room.

Nothing the staff was rude and the hotel looked nothing like the pictures.

The staff hear was friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room

The staff hear was friendly and helpful. We pulled in late during a thunderstorm and they had a space open to pull up easily in front of our room without running in the rain too much. It was basic but clean and comfortable with a good breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and sausage in addition to the usual hotel breakfast fare

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

You will find better hotels in Los Angeles!
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was the worst. The breakfast room was kinda like a small dark chamber with 2 tables and 4 chairs inside. You can just choose between 2 different kinds of cereales with milk and a sweet baked something. The breakfast room was mostly a terrible mess and sometimes you dont get something to eat, because when there is nothing left (doesnt matter at which time you are coming) - you have to start your day without breakfast. They never found it worth the effort to refill empty containers. Employees were mostly unfriendly, uninterested, unmotivated and they give you the feeling that you annoy them when you have any questions. Furthermore the surrounding of the hotel is not really calm. Sirens, cars and shouting people 24/7. Pictures and the description at the internet are not truthfully!

Although the hotel is not really close to the center of LA, it's easy to get to Downtown or for example the Hollywood Boulevard by bus. Thumbs up for the room service. Room was always clean.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Not pleased with this hotel
    • Queen Room

The staff member that checked me in was rude. When I first walked into the room after checking in...I noticed the bed was a mess as if someone just slept in it, Iwent down stairs and told the guy and asked if had any other rooms available and I was told no...I mentioned to him the room he gave me was a mess as if it hasn't been cleaned, then all of a sudden there was a room available. I requested a non smoking room and both rooms smelled like cigarettes. The 2nd room didn't seem very clean as well and there was a lot of suspicious people in that hotel. Also the hotel add mentions it's near LA live and it's not exactly near LA live about 35 minutes away.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

There's better choices. Do try the restaurant next door though!
    • Queen Room

no coffee in room. rarely service at desk. One morning waited 20 min for coffee in breakfast room. shortest breakfast period ever.

a couple of the staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

The only thing i liked it was clean rooms big and good money for that other then that nothing

No microwave or refrigerator No enough food in the breakfast or even plates to serve ourself one of the staff at front desk was rude and not helpful when we need it

Big and clean rooms

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Never again

The sheets had holes the bed covers didn't look bleh the carpet was shredding. Pretty terrible experience overall and I am not picky in general. The location and everything above

The granite counters. Not much else.

It was an enjoyable stay.

Beds were too small.

Friendly staff and value for money.

Roaches and dirty

Don't stay here

It was really comfortable & clean

The air

Nice room

The pillow cases had stains and the carpet was stained...
    • Queen Room

The pillow cases had stains and the carpet was stained really badly. Bed was hard but you pay for what you get I suppose

Like sleeping in
    • Queen Room

I didn't like the way I felt forced to stay in a room inside

I liked there room setup

It was ok for the price
    • Queen Room

The staff was ok but the guy in the front desk was rude and not profesional at all.

Rooms were clean n roomy

Didn’t meet expectations

It wasn’t clean

It was dirty and stinky. Not what the pictures showed.

Bad costumer service

Property was okay

It smelled good

Good service

Bed small

Shower was small

Bed small

Okay, not the beat for what i paid.
    • Queen Room

Rooms did not look like online pictures.

Shower
    • Queen Room

Smell in room no info about breakfast

Shower

I won't want to stay there again.

Everything staff facilities rooms bathrooms rude staff dirty facilitie showers are broken noice neighbors

Getting out of there.

Did not meet expectations for the price.

The room.

We waited in the lobby for approximately 15 minutes for check-in.

Would return here.
    • Queen Room

Bed and pillows weren’t The greatest. Great room if you just need an inexpensive place to stay.

Price was right. Staff was friendly. Would return.

Wouldn't stay there again.
    • Queen Room

Very old. Very Tired. Very dirty, even the clean towels which are so cheep look like they were not washed.

The sheets were clean.

Too noise

Too noise

It's quiet
    • Queen Room

I didn't the wifi password but other than that was fine

It's quiet

Was in a good location for me only reason why I stood there

The carpets

The remodeled roons

price was not right my nephew told me was more cheap they charge me to much

they need to change their bed also all the blanket

It was affordable and the stafg were helpful and very nice.
    • Queen Room

The carpet is not that clean

The staff was very nice! It was safe environment.

It did not meet my high standards.
    • Queen Room

Broken bathroom door lock. No ice bucket. The curtain rip and woman with keys screaming and making loud noise.

NOTHING THE CO LIKE.