Reviews of Rodeway Inn Center City Philadelphia 2 stars

1208 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA

#61 of 75 hotels in Philadelphia

Great hotel!
    • Queen Room

Lack of aircon, we were on the second floor and it got very hot.

For a 2* hotel it was really nice, modern layout and really comfy beds. We had a double queen room and there was so much space!

Shower drain was clogged so water backed up while taking a...

Shower drain was clogged so water backed up while taking a shower. The top sheet on both beds was put on sideways, so we had to remake the beds ourselves. The room was on the fourth floor overlooking the street, which apparently is a local drag strip. Loud traffic and people partying on the street kept us up until 2 a.m.

Great, except for the bedbugs
    • Queen Room

Bedbugs! I travel a lot and this is the first time I’ve had bedbugs in a hotel room. Beware! We were in room 306. I slept under the covers and have about 20 bites while my partner slept on top, normal for him, and did not get any bites.

The location is excellent. The price is good. The room was nice

They double charged.
    • Queen Room

They double charged. I paid for my husbands stay. Since he didn't have my card they took the full payment from him, and in the same day deducted my card too. I will be calling to complain. I am very very disappointed. You can get cheaper hotels around, with the same or better quality... they just aren't on this site.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Bathroom was clean and spacious.
    • Queen Room

Small elevator and walls are thin enough to hear people in the room next door. Windows are also thin and street noise made it hard to fall asleep

Bathroom was clean and spacious. Bed was extremely comfortable!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Convenient and economical first stay in Philly.
    • Queen Room

Sound insulation for doors and windows could be better. I'm a light sleeper and could hear other guests entering/exiting their room. The location of the hotel is close to some night clubs. Friday night was the worst for loud music and people revving their cars/motorbikes (and I was on the 5th floor at the back of the hotel) Some hooks in the bathroom would have been welcome to hang our clothes.

Nice central location. Walking distance to most attractions and points of interest. Staff were friendly and efficient. Bar fridge was handy to have.

Not really worth the cost.
    • Queen Room

No airconditioner per room, it is regulated per floor and windows have no safety so can esily be fully opened and is somewhat dangerous. Staff was wonderful and location is good but all in all not worth the cost.

Having read other reviews our expectations were quite low...

We couldn't find any information regarding parking near the hotel (you can park opposite the hotel for $17 a day if you validate your ticket at reception), the host did supply this information when we asked but may be helpful if they could provide the information with the booking.

Having read other reviews our expectations were quite low but we were pleasantly surprised upon arrival, the hotel was compact but clean and perfectly located to explore the city. Our room was large, clean and perfect for our requirements, the beds comfortable and decent shower.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Location was close to Jefferson Hospital.
    • Queen Room

The air conditioning was controlled by the front desk. Our room had to be 85 degrees on a hot humid day. We asked if the temperature could be turned down, was told they would get on it right away. We went out to eat and upon our return the room temperature had not changed. It was cooler in the hallway than in the room. Only stayed for one night so it was bearable. The hotel would definitely benefit from some upgrades.

Location was close to Jefferson Hospital.

Great location, disappointing stay
    • Queen Room

The lack of central air in the room. The humidity in August in Philadephia is intense and not having the ability to regulate the temperature in each individual room was particularly awful. My final night in town, it seemed like the air conditioning was completed off leading to a very restless night's sleep.

Location, location location. Was close to everywhere I was planning to go and visit for business.

Not bad for a quick trip to philly!

Rooms weirdly laid out with misplaced light switches and small hallways. The wall outlets were bigger than our chargers so charging was difficult. Parking garage also difficult to find and hotel did not make clear which parking garage out of the 4 on the block related to them.

Location, price, free wifi

Really disappointed
    • Queen Room

Poor customer service / miscommunication I booked for one day when I arrived at the hotel they told me it was for the next morning which I had to sleep outside in my car because they refused to fix the problem so I tried many other hotels to find out everything was sold out due to something at the airport so I returned hours later after sleeping outside for many hours to stay for my night to be racial profile after calling many times to see if I can get early check in which I was told no but also watch them let this white man check in early the staff was so rude to me smh I didn’t check in until 2:50pm wow 10 minuets early... moving forward I stayed my night to be woken up early by housekeeping every 5 minuets knocking on the door before 10:30am which I thought checkout was at 12pm so I booked Additional night just so I can shower because I was being rushed out as I’m going downstairs to pay again the Manager told housekeeping to clean my room which was 503 after returning from a long outting I return to a room tht wasn’t clean after being rushed out for a job tht was never done to having a unsafe bathroom with a bunch of bugs flying around in the shower tht was not cool at all okay so it’s now time for me to check out on my second day to call downstairs asking for late check out which I was told no because it’s a Friday so now I’m sitting in the lobby trying to get my thoughts together once again a white man comes downstairs asking can he get late check out the front desk staff told him sure so now I’m upset from overhearing this I let the man ride upstairs before I address the situation I was told he was a regular last time I checked his money was the same green as mine all I’m saying is to treat people equally and with the same respect we gotta do better it’s 2018 racism should be over we gotta love each other

The area once upon a time I used to love this place cause it was so peaceful

Mostly satisfied with my stay
    • Queen Room

It was a bit noisy and a bit old. The floors were squeeky. The wifi connection was low.

The staff were very helpful and the room and bathroom were clean. The service was good. The location is convenient. It is near the city center and the historic attractions. There are many restaurants and cafes nearby. The price was reasonable.

Clean and cozy place, room too small. Great position.
    • Queen Room

The room was very small, really no space for even taking the luggage open. And the furniture was scarce.

The room was clean and with a cozy touch. Good position downtown, close to all the main attractions and shops.

I'd stay there again. Great value for center of the city.
    • Queen Room

Nothing to do with the hotel but the parking ramp was a hassle. Convenient location, but would not recognize the hotel discount, so I had to go back to the hotel to straighten that out. Then the machine at the ramp would not take any of my credit cards, so I went to the ramp office. She also couldn't get it to work. Then the gate said I owed extra money and wouldn't let me out. So I had to call the attendent again to assist.

The location was great for being able to leave the car (or not have a car) and walk or train where we wanted. The staff person was polite and helpful. The bed was comfortable.

Great, I will return!

Bathroom did not have towel racks near the sink, cumbersome and I am sure why more towels than needed were used. Toilet was so close to the shower door, if I had been a man, tall, with long legs, I doubt my legs would have cleared it and would of had to sit sideways. Toilet paper fell off very easily, not secured well. Also, only one light in the bathroom and the vent was always on whenever the light was on. I understand the need to cut down on mold but only one light was annoying, there should be one in the front part of the bathroom, one near the shower area.

Calvin, who worked the desk in the evening was incredible! He found us a bottle opener when we needed one, brought more coffee packets up and helped secure us a taxi to the airport. He is a valuable asset to the company and should be rewarded for his extraordinary efforts in making guests feel welcome!

Ugh
    • Queen Room

TV channels were grainy, the covers on the bed smelt like old sweat, and the receptionist wasn't very friendly and maybe even a little snotty. Otherwise is was between okay to good. I would not choose this hotel again though.

When I called the night before my arrival to ask to move to...
    • Queen Room

When I called the night before my arrival to ask to move to the room with two beds, which had become available,the night manager said I would have to pay for both the originally booked room and the new one. He was adamant; I was annoyed. But when I arrived, and asked to change to the two-bed room, the man at the reception desk made the switch, charging only the additional cost of the larger room.

Stop in Philly
    • Queen Room

Nothing to complain about.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Excellent central location surrounded by places to eat drink and shop.Will definately stay here again for next visit to Philadelphia and would recommend to friends.

Liked Philadelphia, but not this hotel.
    • Queen Room

Very small room, no chair, no place to hang anything, no temp control. Staff wouldn't accommodate with any of these issues. Was told they didn't have any chairs or suitcase racks. Hard to believe. Web site said there was access to pool and spa for a fee. Staff looked at me like I had two heads when I asked about it and they blamed booking.com for not being up to date. Would not recommend. Some rooms had bathroom in hall. Be sure to ask.

NOT MUCH. Location to the eye hospital was good which was my reason for being in Philadelphia. Room was clean. Thank you housekeeping .

Don’t stay at this hotel. Overpriced budget. Awful receptionist (George)

George! What an horrendous man. Should not be employed as front of house staff. Awful attitude. Rude. Unhelpful. Arrogant. Useless.

A member of staff whose name is Bobby wasthe only redeeming feature of this hotel

Was very cute!
    • Queen Room

Just the usual noise and life of a city. I’m from the country. Construction noise in the early morning etc. windows were a bit drafty too.

Was very cute!! Very quaint. Had a front window location.

Good, but could use better easy-access options in the room.
    • Queen Room

Frankly the poor selection of bathroom ammenities and the fact that I had no A/C in my room. I was told we would have had to call down to the front desk, but I shouldn't have to worry about that at 2AM when I wake up because I'm too hot.

The staff and cleanliness. Really, though, you have a great team. They were extremely accomotating and genuinely interested in making sure we had a good weekend while in town. Also, it was a good area, as well.

Affordable, convenient, and decent.
    • Queen Room

Could not find a thernostat to control the temperature in my room.

The hotel is located next to several restaurants on the same block including the parking garage. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Micro-wave and fridge. Affordable.

First time in Philadelphia

Small elevators

The young men on the front desk were extremely helpful. Provided dining options, airport transportation and helpful advise when tv was not working

The position near to the airport.
    • Queen Room

The bathroom wasn't clean as expected. The noise in the room. I couldn't sleep because of the fridge and also the isolation of the windows isn't properly good considering that is near to the Airport. I think the price so high can be justified only because is near to the airport.

The position near to the airport.

Refrigerator not working,Expensive for the price
    • Queen Room

Refrigerator was not working . The price is higher than what Booking.com emailed to me . The total price including taxes is higher what Booking.com that come emailed to me.

Great value for money
    • Queen Room

The bed was small but comfortable, the air condition is controlled by the front desk and is the same one for all of the rooms so it's not possible to get the temperature you want.

The Stuff was really nice, friendly and helpful, the location was great.

Perfect location but a more than needed renovation
    • Queen Room

Old building with all its problems: the uneven floor, inclined bed and furniture, smelly and continuously wet bathroom, humid walls with wallpapers etc. During our stay it also occured that room was not arranged, no new soap and towel prepared.

Location and space in room are excellent. Philly is worth all the money!

Great location and recently remodeled
    • Queen Room

Nice hotel that was recently remodeled. Although the rooms are small it was everything we needed. It was also a great location. Would definitely stay there again!

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. When they saw that we had a family, they offered an upgraded room with extra space at no extra charge. They were very helpful in suggesting attractions nearby that would be of interest to us. The location was excellent an walking distance to all the downtown sites. Rooms were clean and well appointed.

In the heart of Downtown Philadelphia, this place get's the job done without the fanciness.
    • Queen Room

The facilities are a bit odd. There was a clear tilt to the floor we were on, everything was on a slight angle. I had never seen anything like that before. The TV stopped working near the end of our stay. But the worst part of our stay was our last night when we came back to the hotel and the hotel staff started getting political with us--"I hated California, too many liberals". It was odd, and definitely unprofessional.

We came in town for a conference at the convention center and the location was perfect, just a few minutes walk away. We flew in very early and arrived to the hotel hours before check-in to drop off our bags. Much to our delight the staff at the front desk set us up with a room early. We were incredibly thankful for that, and it was a highlight of our stay. The proximity to night life was also a huge plus for us.

Great location, friendly staff, but disappointed with the room we stayed in and very thin walls.
    • Queen Room

I stayed on the fourth floor and the floors in the hallway was uneven and creaked during every step. The walls are also super thin and we were able to hear conversations clearly in the hallway and from the guests next door. I was also expecting either a coffee table or side table in the room but there wasn't either. I had to do my makeup on the floor. Also, we brought food back to our room because the store was closing so we couldn't eat there so we were forced to either eat on the floor or the bed.

The man who assisted me and my boyfriend checking in was very friendly. The lobby has a luxurious feel which was nice. The room and bathroom were clean as expected. There is also a large mini fridge, keurig, and microwave which was very useful for storing food. The location of the hotel

Pleasant Surprise and I'll be back!

No complaints!

Pleasant surprise all around. For the price, one of the most comfortable and simply elegant rooms I've stayed in when I have stayed in Philadelphia. Clean, nicely appointed, comfortable - will gladly stay here again.

Cute hotel in a great location with okay beds and rooms.
    • Queen Room

The bed appeared to be a full with a queen size topper that hung over the sides and made the sides weak and the bed uncomfortable. There is no AC in the rooms and the heat is controlled by the front desk. One night the heat was so high our room was 85+ degrees even with the window open during a blizzard.

Check in was so quick and easy.

Next time it'll be Marriott for me

NO Separate Air Condition controls for individual rooms!! No accommodating a late check-out!! Incorrect validation of parking token to receive a discount!!

Spacious room, spacious bathroom

Very accommodating and everything we needed

Small elevator

Very affordable and great location, we needed to be close to Thomas Jefferson hospital . Clerk checking us in was very helpful and nice to have parking discount and gift cards at local restaurants

Will definitely explore staying here again.
    • Queen Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice, compact little hotel that met our needs. The bathroom was nice with an excellent shower and very clean. Excellent towels.

Horrible

There was a mouse that ran in and out of my room. When we discussed it with the supervisor he told us it was a 2 star motel and that he wasn't going to accommodate us. Also the Wifi and cable went out and never came back on.

A good value for the cost.
    • Queen Room

The visibility of the hotel could be improved.

The location was great, in walking distance to the convention center and public transportation. The staff at check-in and check-out were helpful. Finding the hotel was relatively easy if somewhat difficulty to immediately locate. The room was somewhat small, but the furnishings and cleanliness were excellent. A great value for the cost!

Exceeded expectations, VERY convenient for what we needed (Jefferson Hospital)
    • Queen Room

Our room was basic, sparsely furnished, we could have used a second chair in room besides desk chair, motel was probably a converted "row home" type of building (narrow, tiny elevator), bottom sheet on bed "tucked in" too far at foot! We did not experience any room temperature "problems" others had mentioned (e.g., no thermostat in room, it's centrally controlled).

Location location location! Very clean room, and bathroom/shower, comfortable bed. Literally only 50-60 feet from Forrest Theatre, 5 minutes from TJUH (Jefferson Hospital), Moriarty's Irish Pub few doors away.....very very convenient.

Adequate for price.
    • Queen Room

Been many times, but was unfortunate to be in the Ben Franklin suite....light shone through the door to the adjoining room (which made the suite I guess, only had the single room) could hear every movement of the next room, and now closet/armore to hang clothes.

Location, value

Great value for money.
    • Queen Room

The person on evening duty forget to set a wake-up call for us and wasn't knowledgeable about the street parking in front. We would have gotten a ticket if my daughter hadn't happened to wake up with time to go feed the metre. I prefer bathtubs to those big double-size granite showers that are all the rage now. No breakfast on site. Recommend offering continental for an optional extra fee. There's plenty of space in the lobby, and not many fast breakfast options nearby. The Green Egg nearby has awesome food, but busy, slow and expensive. Noisy at night on weekends. No screen in windows. If window were open, someone could literally fall out onto street. Sill pretty low.

Great value for money. Corridors and elevator were a little tight and higgledy-piggeledy (but who cares?) but actual room was big and spacious and modern and clean! (The way this review is laid out looks as if we didn't like a lot of things... but they were relatively minor things given the great price.) Staff were friendly. Great location. Bookings.com and hotel were also extremely accommodating of us. I booked it late the same night I was planning to go (from Boston) and realized I was too tired and they allowed me to cancel the first night of a two-night stay without penalty, even though I had booked with a non-refundable rate. They even upgraded my one Queen-bed room to a two-Queen bed room without charge to accommodate my daughter. Outstanding customer service on these issues.

Gina at the front desk was awesome!
    • Queen Room

We were promised WiFi with the room but the service was terrible and we couldn’t connect. Kind of inconvenient.

Gina at the front desk was awesome! Recommended a great place for us to eat close to the hotel and was super friendly and helpful.

Excellent place !
    • Queen Room

The elevator was out of service for couple of hours. I was staying on the sixth floor, was going up to the room, when my key card wasn’t working had to head back to the lobby ...

Excellent place !!!! Like they have a baggage storage rooms , it help me out when i had my flight later on the day...

Great location, good facilities, staff need to improve customer service
    • Queen Room

Staff need to improve customer service

Great location, right next to Main Street with many restaurants and cafes close by. Good shower and room size

Great location in center city
    • Queen Room

Would have been nice to have a door to the bathroom and to have a second key.

It was right in the middle of center city and it makes it possible to walk everywhere

Good location, very close to the center and to the subway...
    • Queen Room

The hotel seems a bit out of date; however, both the room and the bathroom were very clean.

Good location, very close to the center and to the subway station.

Cozy small room, I wish it was cleaner.
    • Queen Room

The bed was not as clean as I expected. I did not like to use the blanket, but had no choice. The mugs in the room (for coffee) looked clean from outside but were not actually clean!

It's was a good stay otherwise
    • Queen Room

The temperature of the room.was too hot, also they were Vacuuming in the hallway at 8am. We also found the rooms a bit small with no view, and the elevator were a bit small

The location was great for my trip

The hotel had it been updated, but was still worn and creeky. We heard the people next door very cle
    • Queen Room

A few of the front desk staff were nice, professional, a few others were not. Example, staff (1 guy) at night didn’t look up from his cell phone when we came in the door, another time he was chatting on his cell (clearly to his buddy) no greeting, no acknowledgement whatsoever that we came unto the small area

The 2 staff who were friendly and professional. The proximity In the city.

They should not advertise the beds as Queens.
    • Queen Room

Bed was advertised as Queen bed but it was much smaller than a Queen and they said that’s the only size they had. They should not call them Queen size beds. And the mattress was gushy and uncomfortable. Room was very small but was expecting that. Hallways were narrow. Also, a sign was there to explain that parking tickets had to be validated by a staff member, but since the person checking us in never mentioned it, I had to pay almost double for the parking garage. Ugh!

Good location and price

It was a disaster !
    • Queen Room

The photos on booking's website don t match with the reality of the hotel. We see photos of bathtubs and big windows. But none of the rooms in this hotel has bathtub!!! Some of the rooms don t have windows. Others have very small windows. The rooms are very dark. Second bad thing happend is that they forgot to clean our room. And when we told them that, they did not apologize. Specially the attitude of the manager there was very rude. We payed not only for the hotel but also for the service. The worst of all was that hotel did not do anything to make it up. In the contrary, we had to go to the reception to get towels and things we need.

Really the hell and i travel All time. I saw it for first time
    • Queen Room

Someone has stollen my jacket in my room.probably thé cleaning staff. No Windows. No hot water. Impossible to stop airco. Realy a bad hôtel. Thé woodfloor is cracking.

Clean and comfortable at reasonable price
    • Queen Room

Nearby Jefferson Hospital helicopters can be noisy on Friday evenings, but mainly during peak 7-10 pm period

Good value in center city, with clean rooms. Parking garage right across the street discounted with validation. Shopping areas and restaurants nearby.

Shady business with horrible service.
    • Queen Room

They "upgraded" my room without me requesting it and then charged me several hundred more without my consent. When I spoke to staff they just told me that they couldn't do anything so I had to start demanding a solution. One of the staff members always had an attitude, even when I was requesting a receipt.

Convenient location. Reasonable advertised value. The room was clean enough.

two things spoil my feelings: 1.
    • Queen Room

two things spoil my feelings: 1. I listed guest names respectively for the rooms through booking.com, but the reception insisted on not seeing them and refused to change names on the receipt!!! 2. I prefer other payment means but they already charged my credit card and shrugged their shoulders about the payment options while in other hotels I did not have such troubles!

Good location, small rooms
    • Queen Room

The room we got smells like cigarette smoke even though they say that all rooms are non-smoking. There is a central control for airconditioning and it was still hot in the room even if we requested to make it cooler.

It is on a very good location. Most of the staff are courteous.

Central Location with Superb Staff - My new homebase for quarterly Philly visits!
    • Queen Room

The corridor to the room was somewhat narrow but that was literally the only thing I can find to remark upon. This is not a boutique bed and breakfast so the room is somewhat generic but quite spacious and well planned.

The staff was what stood out for me. All of them personable and helpful when needed. I booked my next stay when checking out and got extra service then as well. The location is brilliant for midtown places which for me is Jefferson and Will's Eye Hospitals. Secure parking right across the street could not be easier.

NEVER have I received so little for so much money.
    • Queen Room

There were neither a chair nor a table for work or comfort. The TV would turn on but not change stations. The bed was not made up: a thin top sheet only came up to my waist, no matter how much I pulled. There was not a single blanket. I had to sleep under the rather heavy and unclean bedspread.

Way over priced!!!! Disappointed in service
    • Queen Room

Small room, was told two beds, got one asked to switch rooms, none available blind in bathroom was broken, no privacy. All tv channels were fuzzy and hard to see except for about 5. Couldn't be fixed. Called twice. Room was hot, opened window..no screen. Manager made no concessions for all of our inconveniences. Had to call for toilet paper

Location and front desk staff was wonderful. Manager was not helpful with any issues we had. Extremely expensive for what we got and issues we had

4.0
    Stay somewhere else

Everything from the outrageous price to getting there, to the fact that there is no thermostat in the room. Noisy and difficult to get to...

Staff was helpful

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
    • Queen Room

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Location was great. Right in the heart of Philadelphia with many great restaurants and cafes within walking distance. Will definitely be staying here each time I come to Philadelphia now.

Not again
    • Queen Room

The write up and photos on this site for this hotel are not accurate. I asked the owner (or manager?) who came across to me as being rude about some of what was included in the write up and he blamed this site for the inaccuracies, pointing out it's in another country. He is aware of what is included in the write up and does nothing to correct it to be accurate. He said I would need to get my money back from the site because I chose this hotel for some of what was written in the description but which isn't included in this location. The walls are thin, I could hear everything going on in the hallway.

The location is great. Room was clean.

Had a fun time and enjoyed catching up with old friends.
    • Queen Room

Bathrooms are small but very clean and the shower was excellent. Beds were very comfortable, but pillows could have been bigger. Personnel were very friendly and helpful. I'd stay there again.

Great location and great place for the price.
    • Queen Room

When I booked online, I booked under one price but they charged me a higher price. (I booked day of). I mentioned this when I checked in and was told to talk to the manager who wouldn't be in until tomorrow. But the manager wasn't in by the time I checked out the next day. I think they should have a better way of dealing with this, and should figure out the bug in their system that charged me a higher price than the one I booked.

Great location and great place for the price.

Absolutely fabulous place, a hidden gem in Center City Philadelphia.
    • Queen Room

There was nothing to dislike at all.

The Hotel was located in Central City Philadelphia. Plenty of great stores to shop and fabulous restaurants to eat. This hotel is a hidden gem in Philadelphia. The hotel and the staff are absolutely fabulous. Highly recommend staying here while in Philly.

Standard accomodation in the heart of the city
    • Queen Room

A small room with a window with no view (a dirty courtyard and a wall) seemed to me quite pricey. Although the room was presented as for two, there was one chair only.

I appreciated location of the hotel in a walking distance to the city center and most attractions. Also the coffee maker and drinking water in the room was nice.

I thought the customer service was great. Plus Uber was able to pick me up in five minutes.
    • Queen Room

There was no thermostat in my room...and the room was a bit warm. The bed was not very comfortable but manageable. I did like the bathroom but they did not include lotion which would have been nice.

It was close in proximity to everything I needed. It was close to my business conference.

Hotel is very centralised and is absolutely convenient.

The room we had to stay in did not have a street view.

The hotel is right in the happening street. All types of restaurants dinners coffee and parking etc are just a step below the hotel. It does not have Breakfast included.

Excellent and genuine customer service!
    • Queen Room

Excellent and genuine customer service!! Me and my friend were able to get the room hours before check in (and we weren't expecting anything else than storage our luggage before we could check in). Location was super, room was clean and again, the service was just so nice and they did more than we asked. One of the best hotel experiences ever!

Nice place good value for money
    • Queen Room

Door stuck and was hard to close. Others seemed to have the same problem as we heard doors banging late into the night

Clean comfortable room Nice bathroom Comfy bed

Nice small hotel in the city center
    • Queen Room

Very nice small hotel in the city center, perfect for a stay, near the Independence Hall. Lot of restaurants, bars and caffés nearby. The room was clean, had all needed, very nice bathroom. All clean and neat. If you come to Philly by plane, a good tip for a stay. With car you have to pay extra for the parking lot, but its across the street and costs only 17$ per day.

Good location, clean room, friendly staff. Reservation extensions a pain & was overcharged by $30.
    • Queen Room

Compared to the Holiday Inn Express - Mid-Town, which is on the same street and is where I'd stayed the week before; there was window, no free breakfast included and the bed wasn't quite as comfortable, but it was ok. Although there was a thermostat on the wall, I'm not sure it actually worked, as I couldn't maintain an even temperature regardless of what I set it at. When I got back to my room at night, the room was cold and I actually sat in bed with a sweater on while watching tv. I didn't need the sweater when I retired, as there was a very thick comforter on the bed. But even when I tried sleeping without the comforter, I always woke up in the middle of the night feeling much too hot. I didn't like that satiny comforter at all, as it kept slipping off the bed once I untucked it from under the mattress. I had a family member who had been admitted for complications from pancreatic cancer surgery at Jefferson hospital, and this was the reason for my visit. Although Rode-way Inn was one of the hotels listed in Jefferson Hospital's visitor information as providing a discount for caregivers and patients, upon my check-in I was told that they do not provide one. As I did not know how long I would be staying, I made the initial reservation for only two nights. At check-in, I asked if there would be any trouble if I needed to cancel the second night. I was told that I could cancel the room, but there would be no refund given. My niece, who was not with me, was paying for my stay, but that seemed to complicate things with the reservation, as she was required to fax in paperwork (I assume with her credit card information). As we were not sure how long I would be staying, my niece requested that the reservation be 'open ended' so that any additional nights would simply be added to her card, and she was told this would not be a problem.

Very convenient location. It's a quick, easy walk to Jefferson hospital and even though there was no food available at the hotel, there was a small grocery store around the corner, as well as a Dunkin Donuts and Wendys. There are many other small restaurants, bars and unique shops nearby as well, although I didn't have the pleasure of visiting them. I didn't drive while there, so I can't vouch for the parking facility across the street. I am a senior woman who is not used to a big city like Philadelphia and I was walking alone each day, so I was a little concerned regarding my safety. However, it's a busy area and there are many hospital staff, as well as some tourists walking everywhere you look and even after dark, it didn't feel threatening. While I passed a few homeless people here and there over the 2 weeks I spent in the city, I found the people of Philadelphia to be surprisingly friendly and courteous - I quickly felt at ease making my way around. I had a handicapped room on the first floor with a single queen bed and although the bedroom was rather small with no windows, it felt clean and recently remodeled. No sign of bed bugs (first thing I check for in a hotel). The bathroom was very big and clean, with a large walk-in shower. There was a microwave, refrigerator, kureg coffee maker, bottled water, clothes closet with iron & ironing board, a safe, and a hair dryer available.

It's a comfortable place to stay in a great location.
    • Queen Room

It was a little stuffy in our room at first - the a/c didn't really kick in until later in the evening, and we couldn't control it from our room. Also, I thought that the sheets could have been softer, but my husband thought they were fine.

It's a charming boutique hotel right in the heart of Philly. We were within walking distance of tons of great restaurants, and about a ten-minute walk to Reading Terminal Market. The accommodations were simple but stylish. We had a small fridge, microwave and flat-screen TV in our room.