Reviews of Rodeway Inn - Rohnert Park 2 stars

6288 Redwood Drive, Rohnert Park, CA 94928, USA

#6 of 8 hotels in Rohnert Park

6.1

The hotel was ok but for the price it wasn't. That room should not cost more than 200 not 300.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I turned on the AC, it smelled like pee. One of the lights in the room did not work. The bath tub did not have a plug and the sink was clogged.

When I booked online, the hotel offered breakfast, however, upon check in, nothing was advised.

We were comfortable in the room location good near shopping center
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

To much money for this hotel rooms dingy and stayed at hotel because of pool for my 8 year old granddaughter who is an excellent swimmer and at 5 pm although a nice day pool dirty full of leaves and cold!we wr

The towels were soft big tv

I'm sorry to say this but I didn't feel ...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds mattress weren't comfortable, their wasn't much of options in breakfast a little bit to simple, and low on supplies.

I'm sorry to say this but I didn't feel comfortable in this hotel

If you can afford a little more do it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It's old and needs to be remodeled from the pavement to the sidewalk to the paint to the bed to the furniture to the bathroom.

I do like the fact it was close to where I'm working.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great Room, Basic Breakfast
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was basic, and that a generous review.

Room was EXCELLENT!! Very clean, quiet, and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Location was near many popular restaurants and shopping.

The bed was worth it, and the shower was hot.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk man called us an hour and a half before check out to let us know about check out. We had a do not disturb sign on the door and a maid still came and knocked. We felt like the front desk guy had made some judgement of us and so he made our stay pretty crappy.

The beds and the breakfast

Very short
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room had a super intense smell. We just got the room unexpectedly so I didn’t use or do anything but sleep for my money but it was decent for the price paid

I liked the big tv

Our stay was quite good. My husband was complimenting and he complains about any little thing.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only problem for me was the pillows, they were too soft with not enough support.

The room was nice and clean. I like that the room had a microwave and refrigerator included, it comes in real handy for me because I had medication that needed refrigeration. The staff was great in getting us settled in our room. Having breakfast on site is also a plus.

Will stay again another time and bring own hangers /creamer/sugar
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower head too low.no hangers available to hang clothes. No creamer or sugar available for the coffee.

Very comfortable bed.refrigerator to keeps drinks cold. Microwave to heat food very convenient.

Not worth your hard earned money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room we stayed in was very out dated could tell they made some repairs but tried to cut corners and save money because the things that were patched and repaired were not done very well. Also the staff was not friendly at front desk there was nothing inviting in the office not even a chair to sit in and a sign that reads "Due to our ON GOING renovations there will be no complimentary breakfast" it wasnt much to brag about next time ill try the motel 6 or the budget motel next door for the price. $159 per night was expensive for this place not worth it.

Location was great near shopping center and freeway access

Roadside motel that needs an upgrade.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't very clean. There were spots on the wall in the bathroom and small but noticeable stains on the duvet, which generally looked like it hadn't been washed. Also, lots of truck drivers park (and sleep?) in the lot at night. They weren't loud or intrusive or otherwise a problem, but it meant there were people gathered just outside for most of the night.

The place is easy to find, parking was simple, tv was really big and the room was well lit.

Worst place we have ever stayed!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Place very dirty( my bare feet got black) 3 towels total, for 2 people, for 3 days. Most rooms unavailable due to no permits for remodeling. Breakfast to be included didn't exist Sheets and towels thread bare. Vending machine out of order. Microwave face peeling off. Paid $ 141.00 + taxes per night. Desk clerk very unhelpful.

No breakfast!!

Probably wouldn't stay there again. They may be on the right track for a nice motel but are not ther
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The continental breakfast. When we got back to room from our day out there were no towels. Went to check out at 8am and office closed, rang bell no answer. Just put keys inside of window.

The continental breakfast was a joke. There was no one there to take are of it. Note that we are early risers and got there at 630. The orange juice must have needed to be filled because it was watered down so that it was undrinkable. There was no coffee. Someone went to their room and called office to come down. They never did while we were there. I tried to make a waffle and did not have enough batter to make a full one. The only bagels that were there were poppy seed. It's like they were left over from ones that were from a variety that no body wanted. My husband tried to make toast. Toaster was broken .

Third world accommodations.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This non-smoking room had been drenched in febreeze in attempt to cover up the strong smell of smoke. There was neither a blanket, nor a comforter on the bed. I called to request a blanket as the temperature was 42 degrees. They brought me another quilted sheet. I had to explain to them what a blanket was. $215 for this dump. I would have been better off with a sleeping bag in my car. Booking.com should be ashamed to refer me to this disgusting place.

There was a working toilet.

The location is right off the freeway and easy to access.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First room had dirty bathroom. Desk said no maids on duty. Hotel fully booked. You think he could find someone & a scrub brush? No. Given keys to another room & found it occupied & in the middle of several construction workers' rooms. Ahh, he had one more that was just renovated! It smelled like smoke (maybe ceiling plaster) but he had air freshener & permeated the room for us. Later found we had no top sheets on our beds and thin scratchy blanket. Swimming pool too dirty to use. Did not check out the breakfast this time and wont be back.

The location is right off the freeway and easy to access. Freeway noises are minimal. Have stayed here half a dozen times and always under a renovation period, but rooms were okay.

The room was the smallest I have ever stayed in.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was the smallest I have ever stayed in. The bathtub did not drain. The tv remote went missing the second day so there was no access to the tv(they provided another remote which did not work with the tv). There was no waste basket in the room. When using the microwave, the fuses overloaded and the bathroom electrical fixtures did not work. The first night there was no bottom sheet for the bed. The second night the pillow cases had yellow stains. The bed itself was old and not supportive. The breakfast as adequate but the coffee was the worst I have ever had. Overall, I doubt that I will ever consider a Roadway Inn property again.

My room cost me $147 really should have been $70.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My room cost me $147 really should have been $70. My room came with no bottom sheet on my bed. When I complained they looked at me as if I forgot to put it on the bed.they asked the maid who set up my room about it. She said it's not her problem because they didn't have any more clean bottom sheet in the laundry. So after all this I got $20 taken off my room but not even a sorry about you having to sleep on a gross mattress without a sheet.

Our stay was the worst experience at a hotel, ever.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I'm not going to tell the whole story, but in a nut shell- we noticed the mattress was filthy. FILTHY. Crumbs and pubes all over it. It was obvious they don't clean the mattresses, just put "clean" sheets over top. We got them to come in and replace everything, but they were not happy about it. Not so much in an apologetic way, either. If you plan on staying here, DON'T!!!

This was literally the worst experience at a hotel I've ever had.

Location was awesome right down the street from the family...

See above

Location was awesome right down the street from the family gathering we were there for !! WAY TOO MUCH FURNITURE in the room !! A little too cozy !! LOL Wifi was VERY spotty !! But all in all a good hotel.

Your typical motel with a general level of cleanliness and minimal comfort.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a shortage of towels, so I only had a hand towel to bathe with. The continental breakfast had a small selection of breads and semi-ripe fruit. The milk had been sitting out for a while, so it was a bit warm if not spoiled.

Rooms were generally clean and the AC unit worked well. You get what you paid for.

It was a bed to sleep in at the end of a very long day.

See above.

It was a bed to sleep in at the end of a very long day. Overpriced and the staff didn't have much clue about what they were doing. What breakfast? No eggs to write about. Wouldn't recommend.

Old dirty hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dogs barking in room beside us and the manager said he couldn't do anything because it was a service dog but no one was with the dog so it wasn't being much service to its owner. The manager gave the guy in front of us a better rate by $70 for the two nights and wouldn't give us the same. Old dirty hotel

Bed bugs, bed bugs, bed bugs, stay away at any price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There wasn't any eggs or meat. The bed bugs were friendly, they came home with us. Towels thin/worn out. Mattress was in plastic should of been a clue about the bed bugs. A/c filters are clogged with dust. Vanity drain leaked. No micro wave or refrigerator. Room needs a good cleaning.

Make your own waffle , cold cereal ,toast, that's it.

Lot of maintenance going on.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lot of maintenance going on. Late check out was missed by staff. I had to look through the linens to find our belongings. No one in the office at check out

Find Somewhere else if you can.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was musty and carpet was in need of replacement or really deep cleaning. Shower area and overall bathroom facility was poor. Faucet at the sink sprayed all over and if you tried to limit the flow it leaked onto the sink top. Air conditioner was marginal. Overall, would not have stayed here if I could have found other accomodations. Price for value was horible ($192 per night all-in). Breakfast was supposed to be part of the deal, but we never found a breakfast facility

Lobby was taped off so no access to the front desk other than outside window.

I will never stay there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything customer service poor, room smelled, parking had pot holes and only one handicap space.

Nothing at all gentleman at counter was rude, told me my cc was declined and said so reservations canceled but for a increase of $50 more he could give me room, I took it cause it was late gave him same credit card and oh it goes through. I feel he just wanted extra money he did same thing to lady in front of me.

Looks are deceiving

The bathroom wasn't cleaned very well. Had what appeared to be pubic hair all behind the toilet area. The complementary breakfast was nothing like the picture Bookings had posted. Not one piece of fruit on the entire counter top. I found a box of bananas on the ground in the back of the dinning area. When I asked the server if she was going to put them out for us, she laughed & walked away. Pictures attached. Plus trash cans over flowing & had to clean our own table to eat.

The location of the hotel associated with our daily activities was convenient.

Great hotel for the money, would recommend it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Probably needs new floors because the room I stayed in, the carpet was outdated and had some stains.

Bed was nice and comfy, and water in the shower was nice and hot. Nice place for the money.

Coukdn't wait to leave...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Right on freeway heavy noise all night...workers with large trucks stay there...lots of door slamming and trucks warming up at 4 a.m. no real breakfast...

Room was dirty, there was trash on the counter from previous...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was dirty, there was trash on the counter from previous user, the sink was clogged because of a beer cap, there was weird white stains on the floor, and it was dusty.

Construction noises
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was under construction noise was loud. People running the property where unfriendly rooms (i had 3)where not ready on time I had to come back after 4. I asked to have rooms away from the construction and they put us right in the middle if it. You couldn't distinguish who was a guest or who was running the operation.

This was a rundown dump!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything, including the location.

This was a rundown dump! I have photos...no good. No screen, lock, drain plugs, etc....We cancelled and drove HOME to goodness!!

Way too expensive for what you get.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was small, with old furniture. Fairly clean. The breakfast area was not kept clean (many dirty tables and stuff on the floor). Very little variety in food choices.

It was easy to find - right off the freeway. The breakfast waffles were good.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Would never stay at this place or chain again!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The whole experience, from the moment I walked in the office to check in there was people hanging out all over the parking lot and balconies and no place to park due to trucks pared in lot!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Good location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's cramped with 2 beds and 3 people. A little more care could be taken on repainting the room. There was paint all over the curtain. Not a big deal, but just shows little care.

It was in a good location for me and okay for the price I spent.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Great place for the price. Price is nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No towels when we got in.....but they brought some very quickly.

I liked the waffles. And they had good coffee.....a plus in my book. Also the Maids were very friendly and all said good morning or good afternoon. That's nice.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Overpriced
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first person at the front desk seemed bored and uninterested in what they were doing. We arrived 15 minutes before check in and we were told the room was not ready. The faucet in the bathroom did not work correctly. The towels were dirty and/or stained. $160 per night for this room was way too expensive. At times there would be no staff at the front desk and no note indicating when they will return.

The property was near the event we were attending. You could not hear the highway from the room.

A great value deal!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They are in the process of doing a complete remodel and the rooms that are completely done are NICE microwave/frig , coffee maker,iron, blow dryer flat screen tvs, breakfast and a pool! for this area you really can't beat the value for the price! Love it here..

Overpriced slum
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This place was terrible. For over $150 a night, the room smelled funky, there was a hole in the wall, the lamps had funny stains, and it was clear there were large groups of people living in single hotel rooms (5-10 pairs of boots lined up outside rooms, spices on windowsills), and they we're extremely loud all night. Additionally, the window shades did very little to block out the bright street lights.

The man at the front desk was nice.

Great value for the money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could not understand the desk clerk. Could have been a little better selection for breakfast . Breakfast room was very messy. No one in attendance

Not much selection for breakfast. Room was very clean and well cared for. Bed was excellent. It was very quiet even though I was right on the freeway . I would stay here again and recommended friends . The only reason I rated the staff down was I had contact with only one person . He was the desk person and I could not understand a word he said.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Great price great location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It's a bit on the cheaper side, the rooms could do with an upgrade, and the staff could be a little friendlier

The location right off the freeway was very convenient, and the price was very affordable, and for the price it was actually well worth it,the rooms were not bad but dud have a very nice tv,

Good in a pinch
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our non-smoking room smelled like cigarettes.

Great price in a pinch for a road trip along the northern portion of Route 1. Lots of quick and inexpensive restaurants nearby. Our stay was quiet and secure.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Good sized room, clean and comfortable, continental...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Right on a busy junction, so there is traffic noise

Good sized room, clean and comfortable, continental breakfast had a reasonable selection and a waffle machine

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Disappointed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Better service.. no towels were provided we have to request it.. the room so small and dirty..

Nothing at all.. I would not recommend it to my friends and family.. the service sucks

DISGUSTINGLY NASTY!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The cost to stay in this dump 135.00 ridiculous. Blood stained carpet, fan in bathroom seemed loudly. This room was disgusting. Only reason I stayed there everywhere else was booked up.Grose!!!!

Pleased !
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could have used some fruit at breakfast, and cushioned chair in room.

Everything seemed reasonable,accommodations, facilities, over all conditions were good.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nice flatscreen tv but many channels were slightly scrambled, poor quality cable but maybe due to weather as it rained the whole time.

Location was great. Close to shopping, restaurants, university. Room was quiet and plenty of parking.

I hope I never have to stay there ever again .
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

we have to get another room, because , the want we got it was still dirty ,when we got there, bed sheets look old , the place doesn't look safe ,not a friendly hotel

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

An honest stay and great prices!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was extremely accommodating, and exceptionally helpful during the holiday season. They honored their initial rate even when I had to add on one more day of stay over the Holiday. I am truly appreciative of the staff and their help. The room was fully equip with a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee pot, you name it, that otherwise more pricey hotels don't offer or maintain.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Off to a good start
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No orange juice at breakfast. I needed a 2nd night affordable enough to book for more fulfilling r&r time.

I was permitted to sit by the pool if I desired while waiting for the room before checking in. Ice machine. Waffle maker

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Rocky start to a great stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First room I was given hadn't been cleaned and really needed to have been.

Staff was courteous and very helpful. They gave me a clean and spacious upgrade immediately upon my finding the first room offered had not been cleaned.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

I don't recommend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I entered in the room, there is a strong smell of the bedding detergent, not too pleasant. Not so friendly person in the breakfast room.We said good morning twice and he didn't even put his head up to say anything!!!. Need to add fruit to your continental breakfast, they only had old/dry pastry, almost no flavor coffee and waffle machine. I also, didn't like the type of other guests. they looked drug attics, police activity at night!!!. Didn't feel too safe.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Never stay here
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No creamer for the coffee. The coffee utensils weren't clean. No conditioner or lotion. When I informed the front desk he was cold and did nothing about it! Unbelievable that a room that coat close to 200 dollars could be so UN accommodating. I had to leave very early and did not get my coffee or shower!

Leaving

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

It was filthy. Not worth at all the money we paid. Stayed in hotels for cheaper thatcwere 100 better
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything it was a dump

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

won't come back sorry...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

people smoking and drinking outside our door all night long

coffee was good

There are only average restaurants in the vicinity of this...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There are only average restaurants in the vicinity of this motel

Close to places I needed to go to.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Uncomfortable beds and smell.

Close to places I needed to go to.

It was a quiet peaceful stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was a quiet peaceful stay.

Comfortable and good value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was comfortable. The pool looked nice but the weather kept me from using it!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

It would be nice with an armchair.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It would be nice with an armchair.

I liked everything nice place

Nice staff

i would recommend family and friends to stay there.

parking lot.

breakfast was nice.

Not impress.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room too small and big gap under the door.

Bed was fine.

Not relaxing
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I would not expect to pay 100 for a place that’s not kept up. The sink wasn’t cleaned and the carpet had a sharp pin on it

The bang for the buck, reasonably priced, excellent...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bang for the buck, reasonably priced, excellent accomadations.

Liked everything did not like anything

Liked everything did not like anything

Enjoyable

It was good

Me en my wife Enjoy our stayed ! Awesome amenities!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff are nice Quiet room ,very clean room, lotz of parking en breakfast is fabulous every thing is perfecto!!! Highly recomment this hotel!

Convience
    • Standard Queen Room - Smoking

My room was very small appeared to probably be one of if not the smallest on the property a little expensive for the size of that room

Convience

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the room was very small for the price

Not worth the cost unless thats all that is leftaa
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Old; Tub floor cracked; very loud! Way to expensive for the condition!

Every nice hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I got up late no breakfast have been serve

Everything I need was in the room

The tv did not work at first.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The tv did not work at first. Had to get maintenance up in the room to fix the breaker.

Absolutely Horrible
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was not clear where the breakfast room was, did not eat...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was not clear where the breakfast room was, did not eat there. The room was clean.