Reviews of SOMA Park Inn 3 stars

#211 of 265 hotels in San Francisco

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

It's 2018, get your wifi working properly
    • Standard Room

Wifi was not good and became extremely slow.

Rooms are comfortable Relatively quiet considering the location The neighborhood is what it is, but I never felt unsafe or threatened

Will stay again
    • Standard Room

11am check out. People are complaining because it's noisy and there's homeless. You're in a Downtown City it's going to be noisy and for the homeless they're all over San Francisco you can't get away from it.

I stayed in room 209 perfectly clean no bed bites air conditioning work everything work and I'm six foot four and I can finally fit in the shower where the shower head was still above me

The property is located in the heart of SOMA.
    • Standard Room

The property is located in the heart of SOMA. It was easy to go to Downtown and other attractions. Compare to the other properties around, this Inn is the best bang for the buck. Note that parking fee is $25 per night compare to other places' fees of $40 - 80 per night.

Very decent SOMA hotel

Clean and conveniently located at a great value. Fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in the room. I’ve stayed on much dive-ier places in SOMA, and I’d pick this place again.

Location was great for a lot of things.
    • Standard Room

Parking was $25 extra and that was not expected. I'm not sure if this is a SOMA issue or a Booking.com issue but that should be clearer. That was a differentiater between this hotel and another.

Location was great for a lot of things. The elevator was helpful (the stairs are very steep and we were on the 3rd floor).

ugh eck and hell no!

not a thing

Urine stains and God only knows what else on the bed, poop in the Toilet! Ya want anything more descriptive we took photos!!!!!! Stay the hell away from this property...on check in after being challenged to reviews she said " Oh the neighborhood has cleaned up" NOPE didn't.. and I am a frugal traveler and I under no circumstances would stay her barf barf ugh ugh UPCHUCK!

Great little hotel just south of Market at Mid-Market/Soma
    • Standard Room

The rooms are small and if I'd been staying a short time would have been fine. But this was temporary housing for me for 3 weeks and it got tough to function well in the small space with uncomfortable chairs. Doing yoga was a testament to commitment. Sleeping was punctuated by sirens, talking buses, loud motorcycles, and the residents and night life around Mission and 9th; it can get loud so you need earplugs.

The people running the Soma Park Inn are great. From the owners/office staff to house keeping. Always smiling and ready to help. The husband/owner even offered to drive me and all my stuff to my new apartment. He played with their two adorable little kids in the parking lot all the time.

The room was a nice size and the front desk was friendly

the parking was horrible and our car kept getting blocked in by other drivers so we wouldnt be able to leave until their cars were moved. The homeless hangout in the parking lot screaming at all hours of the night.

The room was a nice size and the front desk was friendly

Not the nicest hotel, but it's inexpensive

The room smelled like bleached and had to be aired out.

Inexpensive, rough on the street, but felt safe inside the property. The location was very close to an event that I was attending.

Do not stay at SOMA Park Inn.
    • Standard Room

Everything else was horrible. The facilities were old and decrepit. The defecation and urine by the street people were on the premises. The rooms were small and the bed was uncomfortable. There were no hangers in the open closet. Just the worst hotel we have stayed in, and we have stayed in many.

The location was central.

The staff was very friendly.
    • Standard Room

Though I had no issue with the homeless people in the area and this isn’t the fault of the hotel per se but because the garage was under the rooms and it was open for them to come into the garage it doesn’t feel so nice. The room access however was only accessible with the room key.

The staff was very friendly. The location was great and local public transportation was very accessible from the hotel.

Good value and expectations were met. Nice stay and close to attractions!
    • Standard Room

Lots of homeless people and drug addicts roaming around, however, being from Detroit, i’m used to seeing this and know these people are harmless. If u need to wear gucci and prada during ur stay and are afraid of street people, stay somewhere else.

Clean rooms, nice staff and good value for the money. For $100 a night, it was a great deal! San Fran is a crazy expensive city. If ur expecting a Marriot experience, stay at the Marriot for $300 a night. All the rooms are on the 2nd floor and u have to scan ur card to get in the stairwell. I like the additional security.

Disappointment
    • Standard Room

In this hotel, for the first time in many years, bugs bite me. It killed any possible positive impressions. It is not worth living the money that is requested

The location and the value for the money.
    • Standard Room

The carpet in the room needs some attention and makes you want to wear slippers.

The location and the value for the money. Bathroom was clean. Although many homeless around I felt safe since the entrance to rooms is always locked.

The stay at Soma inn was totally worth my expense

NA

The front desk lady was friendly and polite and got me checked in in a timely manner and answered all of my questions. The room was clean upon arrival. The shower had HOT water and the bed was comfortable.

While rooms are comfy, location isn’t and if noise bothers you, bring earplugs.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Location is in a sketchy part of SOMA and unruly people entering the parking area and making noise throughout the night; no intervention from staff to stop it. Staff was not very hospitable and even tried to charge me for a supposed broken chair, which I never even used during my stay, by keeping my entire $200 deposit!

Rate was reasonable for the room and location. Room was comfortable and felt a bit like a small apartment. Semi-secured access so only guests (ideally) were able to access the rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors.

You get what you pay for!

location is sketchy!! Hella bums, druggies, the crazies roam around the hotel. Smells like piss at and around hotel.

Nice staff, great location central to lots, close to union square and Bill Graham auditorium.

Friendly staff.
    • Standard Room

Very noisy place, sound-proofing near zero. Add the constantly yelling homeless people in the middle of the night and you get the place where you'll never want to have a rest. The room was stinking.

Friendly staff.

They misled me on "Free Parking".

They misled me on "Free Parking". The entire property is surrounded by homeless. I was informed by another guest that they would definitely break into my car so take everything out, even pens and pencils. This property should be removed from Booking.com site!

It's good located.
    • Standard Room

Staff not friendly. We asked, How to explore the city and get to the visiting obejcts. All they adviced- take Uber. A lot of dust

It's good located.

KEEP LOOKING
    • Standard Room

Ugly neighborhood, ugly building, ugly rooms, cheap furnishings, and vicious, prejudiced, incompetent management who can barely communicate. Add the over-inflated prices plus the non-negotiable $200 security deposit, and you've got a scam in progress. The total value of everything in these cheap rooms totaled together doesn't even reach $100, so demanding a $200,deposit, a requirement which is kept well hidden in the fine print and then sprung on you during check-in, is not only dishonest, it borders on racketeering.

Serendipitous surprise find!
    • Standard Room

For the price I can't really complained it's no W. Hotel but well worth ur $ if you just need a place to crashed and be out drinking all nite.

Location, noise level was low, price point was worth the money bathroom was nice and centrally located to everything, The office manager was super friendly and sweet, Would recommend this place to anyone. Liquor store conveniently located across the street. Parking was great u do have to pay extra but it's fairly safe and we can see our car from our room window. Overall Uber happy we chose Soma Patk Inn on the last minute 👍😂👌

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Decent size room
    • Standard Room

Needs major updating and decorating. The area doesn't feel comfortable at night we only stayed the one night wouldn't want to stay longer, quite a busy location and interesting characters at night

Decent size room

SOMA Park Inn - convenient, comfortable and cost effective
    • Standard Room

The SOMA Park Inn is very clean, safe and very conveniently located. The staff at the front desk (Tia) was extremely helpful and accommodating in terms of extending my stay. The hotel is located in the central downtown area but once you are in your room it is very calm and secure in the actual hotel. For the price and location I would definitely recommend the hotel or stay there again.

The shower didn't work well at all, we complained after...
    • Standard Room

The shower didn't work well at all, we complained after the first night before going out all day, and when we returned the room was clean but the shower still did not work. This made it unusable so we were forced to run a bath imstead

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Nice motel in SF city center
    • Standard Room

Value for Money for SF is great. Value for Money for other American cities, not so :)

great location, right in the middle of Market street, and San Francisco center. A block away from WW Twiter and Dolby HQ, walking distance to Union square. Parking secured, great place all together.

Would not stay there again.

When we arrived into the room, we noticed multiple stains in our towels. The room had a really strong odor. Our white sheets had a lot of hair stuck to them. The morning of check out, I had called the front desk from my room to ask for the check out time but no one answered. I walked to the front desk to ask and the lady up front answered while rolling her eyes.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Great location and very close to subway and public transportation. NIce place
    • Standard Room

There were a few homeless in the area but that is to be expected in this part of San Francisco.

The manager was great, very friendly and helpful. We asked for an extra pillow and it was in our room before we opened the door. The cleaning staff were great, always friendly and willing to give us extra towels and soap. Very close to Market street and the subway, lots of restaurants nearby. Overall a great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Very pleased with my choice.
    • Standard Room

It's true that the area has many people who have fallen on hard times, some disabled in mind and/or body but I had no problem with this and I felt safe at all times. It was good for me that the TV didn't work -! but this might disappoint others. I would have liked to crack open a window but since it opened onto the walkway I can see this wasn't possible. When I came to collect my bags for departure ( about 2pm) I had to find someone to unlock the room for me and regretted the delay; next time I'll pre-arrange this. Lots of traffic in this area, so getting an Uber was slower than sometimes; I'll allow for this in the future.

Clearly great efforts have been made here to improve conditions following earlier reviews: good security now. (My daughter had to phone me to come down to let her in when she came by in the evening!) The room was a little tight but very comfortable, lots of storage, effective heating/cooling, I always look for microwave, 'fridge and coffee/tea maker and all worked fine for me. Tia at the front desk was unfailingly friendly, helpful and cheerful. There's an Ethiopian restaurant within 1/2 a block and Trader Joe's is in walking distance. Only 3-4 blocks to Bart. I like to walk. I requested a room on an upper floor, away from the street and this was excellent; far off sirens don't bother me. No other noise to bother me. I slept very well. I was very pleased with my choice and hope to return.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

See above comments

The location is on Mission Street, with many homeless people, nothing the hotel can do anything about

Large room, two good beds, good bathroom. For a 'motor inn'-style hotel (outside corridors) in the middle of town during convention event it was good value for money

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Location over comfort
    • Standard Room

Lot of street people lingering around the area and the even right near the parking lot. Had to pay for parking.

Located extremely close to Billy Graham theater.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Close to Bill Graham Auditiorium

Only a couple of blocks away from Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. Since SOMA Park Inn had parking available, attending our event was super easy and convenient. Lots of places to eat, can walk there or use Public Transportation.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Very clean bathroom.
    • Standard Room

Sheets smelled like bleach. We were on first floor and couldn't get any sleep as cars kept slamming doors all night and homeless made a camp right under our room. They should lock up the parking at night so that the prostitutes can't work out of their parking lot.

Very clean bathroom.

Not a pleasant experience
    • Standard Room

Sound-un-proof! Lot of homeless people were loitering in front of the motel and all their words are in your room. On top of that the noise of buses, gang cars and trucks all night long. There was 2 inches of dust on some furnitures, broken tv stand and half consumed soda bottle in the fridge.

Location is the only pro of Soma Park Inn.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Otherwise all was just fine.

The elevator is a bit unnerving.

The staff were great and allowed us to change rooms for more light.

Lovely staff but very expensive
    • Standard Room

It was extremely expensive for what it was

The staff were very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The noise of the street

Room is fairly large, beds were nice, staff were nice and...

The area is pretty ghetto, so many homeless ppl

Room is fairly large, beds were nice, staff were nice and not bad price

Not bad, clean and comfortable.
    • Standard Room

It was pretty noisy because of traffic.

Not bad, clean and comfortable.

feels very safe, very nice people.

its noisy at night

feels very safe, very nice people.I have been back several times

Location, clean room, nice staff, coffee and tea available...
    • Standard Room

A bit noisy during night

Location, clean room, nice staff, coffee and tea available at reception and room

The manager Tia is so awesome!
    • Standard Room

The manager Tia is so awesome! Just love her! Very sweet and awesome!

Not too far to walk to the city center

Reeks of awful smell around the parking spaces. Tourists should not walk around the area at night time.

Not too far to walk to the city center

The location is central
    • Standard Room

Parking in midst of motel, bit noisy.

The location is central

Central to downtown SF

Central to downtown SF

The staff is amazing!

$200 deposit is too high

The staff is amazing! Tia is so kind and understanding, lovely person.

Ok

Ok

Nice and easy to find

The parking

The rooms where a nice size.

expect a bad flow in the sink everything was ok.
    • Standard Room

expect a bad flow in the sink everything was ok.

great hotel
    • Standard Room

big room with all the facilities. great location . great staff

good value in S.F.
    • Standard Room

was a bit noisy as right on Mission St but tolerable

easy to get Uber,really nice family running it,felt very safe for me as a single woman

good value for money with very helpful and friendly staff
    • Standard Room

the neighborhood is full of homeless people and create unpleasant view

the staff is really friendly, quick response and very helpful

Most of the wall sockets are broken.
    • Standard Room

Most of the wall sockets are broken. Only one in the bath room work.

Good space

NOTHING!!!

Dirty

Dirty

Great experience

A lot of homeless people outside the hotel area

Great location to my event

Hazardous

Didnt like anything, not 1 thing

Nothing, homless every were an the rooms were not clean

A lot of homeless in and around motel parking lot

A lot of homeless in and around motel parking lot

No bugs

No bugs

A nice clean comfortable place with lovely staff.
    • Standard Room

The staff here are lovely, the manager Adira is very friendly and helpful, it’s my first choice when looking to stay in SF.

Horrible 20$ for parking, homeless people EVERYWHERE

Horrible 20$ for parking, homeless people EVERYWHERE

It is an an area that is not pedestrian friendly.
    • Standard Room

It is an an area that is not pedestrian friendly.

Waived parking fee as i was there late an an Uber/Lyft...
    • Standard Room

Waived parking fee as i was there late an an Uber/Lyft driver. Very thoughtful

Terrible

Bed bugs

Bad location.

Staff

Rooms were okay. It was the surroundings and staff that were bad

Ckean and location is near every where.
    • Standard Room

Ckean and location is near every where...bus stop...convenience store...

Parking was so easy
    • Standard Room

The bed wasn't very comfy

Parking was so easy

Location is pretty central
    • Standard Room

Staff. Hotel is run down.

Location is pretty central

Terrible. I don't trust booking.com to suggest hotels for my vacations anymore

Had to pay for parking. TV was broken. Old dirty chop stick was left in the bed.

Over priced and full of homeless
    • Standard Room

Needs more secure parking. Especially at that price.

Not much

The placeh had bed bugs

Cleanliness

N/a

There is no kitchenette but there is a small fridge

There is no kitchenette but there is a small fridge

Ehhhh to much $$$ for what you get
    • Standard Room

The carpet was dirty and nasty

Location was good. Charging $20 more for parking was over the top.

It was all comfy