Reviews of Solaire Inn & Suites 2 stars

1995 South Broadway, Santa Maria, CA 93454, USA

#12 of 17 hotels in Santa Maria

I didn’t really like anything about this place. 1. The “standard” double room I got had two maybe full sized beds.... not queens. 2. There was someone else’s dirty towel hanging on the back of the door and dirty washcloth hanging on the shower rod. When we called the front desk to tell them, all they said was “ok”. I wouldn’t stay here ever again.

The only good thing about this property was that it was close to my sister in laws house.... but so we’re a bunch of other hotels.

My neighbors smoked outside of my room''s window, and so I had to keep the windows shut, but the smell came through anyway. I am allergic to cigarette smoke.

I had a business emergency and staff was very supportive and helpful in getting materials printed out for me.

They charged my card before I got there when booking.com said they wouldn’t do that. Breakfast was lacking in variety and room to eat it. The screen was torn in the bathroom window so we couldn’t leave the window open.

Price was reasonable

Wifi signal was horrible & when I mentioned it nothing was done to resolve the issue.

Location was centrally located and close to both shopping and places to eat.

The bedside lamps did not work; done of the furniture was in poor condition; there were used coffee packets from a former guest left in the coffee maker; the shower water pressure was extremely low, yet the sink water pressure was like a geyser- both unsatisfactory. The man at the desk was not very welcoming.

The room & bathroom were clean. The bed was quite comfortable. AC worked.

The room wasn’t suited for 5 people

We were a party of 5 booked for 5 and the room was only suitable for only 4 people. One of our children had to sleep on the floor which was disappointing.

I really disliked the waste truck at 04.00AM collecting the rubbish. Noisy and careless considering that it is a Motel and people normally is sleeping at that time. Not motel management fault but a friendly reminder could be good.

Everything was fine and though it's a bit old fashioned it is a fair price for what you get. It worked for me because the location and how easy to reach from the highway.

Rainy weather. Dirty sticky carpets. One of the room we rented toilet wasnt not flushing at all had to dump water down to flush.

The fields and Prismo Beach. Couldn’t really enjoy the area because of the rainy weather.

Cold at night, with the heater on Impossible to sleep because it gets too hot. Breakfast contains Bananas, Cornflakes or Cherriohs and little Muffins.

Parking in front of the rooms. Easy Key drop-off when checking out. Good location, grocery stores and shops can be reached in a short walking distance (across the street)

I know have kids. But it was too noisy.. outside.. the other kids was knocking the the door.. and screaming so loud.. and another was the water from the shower 🚿 didn’t want to come out as much ..but any ways thanks for everything..

It was comfort the bed.. nice..

Oh my, where to begin??? The room is small and barely fits the 2 FULL sized beds and other furniture squeezed into it, the carpet is dirty, the lamp is missing a foot and is instead propped up on a bar of soap + a stone, the closet doors are rusty, the shower/tub is slick, the shower curtain falls a few inches short of the tub wall (water everywhere), the sink takes a long time to drain. My least favorite was the bottom sheet not reaching the end of the bed so your feet are on bare mattress or mattress pad. The host gave me 2 more sheets and said "They always do that, I don't know why they do it that way" so it's a know problem that isn't addressed. The sheets were stained, ripped and had at least one hole and the mattress pads were not something you want to know you are sleeping on which I unfortunately got to see when I was adding the extra sheet to each bed. Website says breakfast at 6am but host posted a sign that it was at 7am. Overall, just not a place that I wanted to be. Very overpriced at $95, in my opinion.

I'll give the room credit for having a fairly fresh coat of paint, a refrigerator (slightly noisy), a nice new fancy vanity with sit on top sink (although the faucet is so close to the edge that it's hard to use. The location is near grocery stores and restaurants. Plenty of parking, even for an RV or semi. I didn't see any fleas or cockroaches (which wouldn't have surprised me, given my disappointment with the rest of the facilities).

Easy to find, free parking, close to restaurants and shops, very clean room and friendly staff. Great place to stay on our way to SF. Reading previous coments and i think people expect Hilton resort for this price.. It is cleann, cosy, cheap and friendly.. And thats all you need:))

We did not like the pillows. They were to thin and old.

The first night we did not sleep well at all because the pillows were so thin and old. I really think they need to purchase some new pillows and also put at least 2 extra pillows in the rooms for their clients. We slept better the next night because we had borrowed some pillows from family. The carpet looked real dirty by the door, a good cleaning would definitely help. Their was light coming thru the bottom of the door. Weather stripping would eliminate this issue. But the check in was great. We were checked-in by Kevin. We were arriving late Friday night and I received a call seeing if everything was ok and approximately what time we would be there. I let Kevin know that we were an hour away and everything was great from there. He was very polite. I would stay here again if I need to, just because of the service.

They dont have internet connection,even if they give you a wireless password. It worked only really really slow. The beds are pretty small in their 4 persons rooms.

The breakfast was good,and the bed was big(Only in the room for 2 persons) The room was clean and quiet.

WIFI was crap.... we had planned to use it to check in for our flight but it didnt work.. just had to do it at the airport which luckily didnt cause us too much hassle..

It was perfect for what we needed. We stayed here as a stopover on route from San Fran to LAX. Lovely big bed nice shower. Plenty of food places around us so we were able to grab something....

No breakfast selection, false advertisement Rude staff at check-in, too busy watching his movie

Good stop point between Los Angeles and San Francisco Short drive to good restaurant in neighborhood

Front door didn't have a chain for security. Lock didn't lock right, wasn't able to sleep comfortable just thinking someone may break in. The wifi didn't work inside the room, I had to step outside in order for it to work.

The only thing that could be improved in time to come is the air conditioning units, they were a little noisy but not unlike every other hotel/motel that I have ever stayed in.

I would definitely recommend this place to others travelling that way. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room, bedding and facilities were very clean and presented perfectly. It was a pleasure to have such a lovely night here. The bed was very comfortable. We did not use any kitchen facilities or have their coffee that was provided on this occasion and we did not require breakfast (even though it was included) so are unable to comment on these.

Gross grime around bottom of mirror in the bathroom. No room to put suitcase, beds were 4 inches from wall. Air conditioner was mounted on the wall 6 inches from my face blowing. Couldn't sleep.

We found dirty socks and cigarettes in the closet which mean the room wasn't cleaned. The door was off the hinges which created a gap and the room stayed cold.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The hotel was advertised as being 'green'- it was anything but!! Very uncomfortable beds, no counter space in bathroom, poor shower with no bathtub, stains on sheets, bedspread was not clean - had gross dried body fluid on it (totally disgusting). Location is ok.

The floor was not cleaned at all. I got bitten by bedbugs on my hands. There was a strange excess heat coming in regardless of what you set the heater/cooler on (ours was completely off).

It was acceptable and expectable. For the price it was just "meh Ok i guess". The bathroom and towels were clean.

There is nothing good to say about this motel. The linens and towels all had questionable stains on them, the water pressure in the shower was pathetic, and we could hear EVERYTHING happening outside our room including conversations, traffic and more.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The pillows were so flat they were a joke. There was a dead bug in the bed when impulses back the sheets, so gross! The room was very much over priced for what the reality was. The pictures online are not what you get in the room at all.

Parking was included without additional cost. The a.c. worked.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

This is a classic mo-tel; you park your motor car outside the door of your room. This is not an Inn and does not have any suites, unless you count a suite as a sleeping room with a separate bathroom. Not exactly as advertised. Other comments: towels seem to be several years old; wifi so weak as not available in our assigned room. Door closed and locked but gaps around door huge. Front desk person marginally understandable.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Once again we had inconsiderate people staying next door. Having a loud argument on the phone outside our room from 11pm til 1am. Not ideal when you need to get back n the road at 6am.

Rooms were large and comfortable. Walking distance to restaurants and other shops.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

It is basically a roadside motel. If you just need a cheap place to crash for the night, this is it. It is not a boutique inn like the name implies. The breakfast basically a pot of coffee and pre-packaged pastries so we stepped out for a quick bite and came back to the maid about to start cleaning the room. She had chlorox all over the sink and tub. She looked confused when I asked her to leave. We told her that we were going to pack and check out in that morning. While packing, another maid opens the door (without knocking) and tried clean the room. I think they either gets paid by the number of rooms they clean. The place is very dates and the bed squeaks. People come and goea at all hours of the night.

We arrived around 9pm and we were checked in relatively quickly. The staff was nice. There's parking right in front of the room.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Theres nothing good about this property. Please don't go for this hotel. The hotel owner assigns you the room and when you go all the way walking through the lobby to the room to find that the door is already open bed is messed up and the owner doesn't know about it. Then you get the other room where when you are all set to sleep the bed frame slips. And the breakfast just includes a coffee and muffin. PATHETIC EXPERIENCE.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Breakfast was kind of scarce

Rooms were clean and comfortable. There were only two of us thus it was ok with the bed size which for the queen beds we've seen previously was smaller.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

200 dollar deposit, but it was refunded no problem. Some furniture was getting a little banged up, but not too bad.

Nice breakfast, huge bathroom. Comfy beds. Good parking right in front of the door.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

A bit ratty furniture and very limited supplies - only two towels, only one shampoo bottle and no conditioner, only one soap for use in bathtub and sink. The key cards stop working after the first swipe. The manager has to let you back in with the master key.

Quiet, clean, large bathroom, and decent bed.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Breakfast is not what I expected. It looked like they just went to Walmart and got a few things at the last minute. All the had were donuts, bananas, apples, and granola bars...

Outdated and run down....Pillows and bed/linens were very skimpy and uncomfortable, and only two towels provided when the room slept 4. "Breakfast" served in dark registration room. Staff was nice though.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Nice place, nice staff. Liked that they were willing ro accommodate a latebnight check in for a last min booking. Didn't like waking up to the fire alarm and the manager's loud voice telling the neighbors they had to get out at 2am.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Wifi did not work at all. Shower curtain was moldy....breakfast was at a table right next to the counter at the entrance(wheatbars,toast,bananas and coffe) dissappointing for that price.

Personel was friendly booking was possible spontaneously,parking included

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

It's listed as "suites", but it's nothing more than a remodeled Motel 6. The bathroom sink backed up. Very expensive. We had to ask for soap!

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

I was a little nervous when we arrived and it seemed no one was in the office and the outer appearance was a little outdated.

The room was updated and very nice for the price.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

They advertised continental breakfast to which seemed like a joke when all they served (precisely) was: donut,coffee,croissants and bananas. The beds were not even queen size as they said, they were junior size which fit one adult or 2 kids who won't move at all during sleep.

Ok price. Good location

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

couldn't lock the door so left our stuff in the car and at night was hard to sleep not knwoing if someone will try come in. the aircon didnt cool the whole room update: apparently after staying in 100s of hotels this is the first one i stayed in that you have to put your key in the door twice on the outside to lock the door but not sure how that worked on the inside as we tried it all and still i could just walk in from outside. glad to say though the information was funny to get in the morning on how to lock but as said that only looks like it works when you go out, not sure what you do when you stay in.

breakfast was donuts coffee mus bars the owners seemed friendly and willing to assist but didnt really point us in a direction of a good eatery the bathroom was nice and beds big

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Fridge didn't work well. Staff didn't speak very good English so communication was weird. Carpets were gross.

Bed was huge and comfortable. Shower and tub clean and worked well. Great for the money.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Need More than 2 flat pillows in the room. Need to fix doors so they lock when you exit room.... had quite a bit of problem with that one. Breakfast was a joke.

It was a clean place to sleep, that's all we used it for.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

This is at best an $89 night motel. They charge $200 I guess because it's summer and they can get away with it, but it's still wrong and you just end up feeling taken advantage of. It's an hour from Santa Barbara which was booked so we stayed here. Air conditioner super loud and you need it on or room gets really stuffy. Bed had a sheet and comforter in a duvet, and you know they don't change the duvet after every visitor, so that feels a little gross. Breakfast was donuts and croissants, which were in a plastic box, likely leftover from day before.

Rooms were clean, nice bathrooms.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

As stated above.

We had all the amenities nec for a wonderful comfortable stay except wifi didn't reach my room. I was told the morning after I needed to ask to have it reset. I wasn't made aware beforehand. Hmmmm

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

In my opinion the price for the room was WAY to high for the area and the age of the motel. This shouldnt be more than an $80 night room.

room was clean. although a little outdated. bed seemed new. it was very comfortable. quiet throughout the night. I would stay here again, but not for the price.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Checked in 2 and 1/2 hours late and the room we were directed to was not cleaned yet. Given a second room. The toilet seat was broken, all surfaces filthy. Door wouldn't lock and door handle broke off as we were closing it to leave. Manager demanded $100 in damages, refused to return our money (after we had been there about 45 minutes) and demanded we leave. His staff watched the door break but told us they feared being fired so wouldn't talk to the police, whom we had to call because of how aggressive the manager was. Asked manager if he would fire his staff if they talked to police, he said they (the cleaning staff) don't know what happened and have no business talking to police so ordered them to leave. Manager accused us of intentionally breaking metal. When I explained to him that the door was not operational to begin with, he informed us that was not his problem. Also, the advertising is misleading and this is a no-tell motel. Not a reputable place.

The general manager apologized for the horrible experience and vowed to make it right. We hope he goes to the hotel to see the condition of the rooms for himself.General manager expressed his disappointment with his manager and stated he was removing the manager from his employment. He also refunded our money.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

That the manager had already charged three rooms to my credit card before we had a chance to check in, then refused to cancel the charge and split the payment to single room occupants. As we were 3 individual families we wanted to pay for our own individual rooms some cash some cards. The manager also strategised poor English along with circular argument to avoid our request to allow us separate payment. We got the feeling that the ploy was to have our cash in her bank just in case we cancelled then no refund she keeps the money. Really annoyed us greatly.

The location is good, the rooms are adequate.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

When We got to the hotel we wanted to just check in and rest cause we had been travelling the whole day. So we check in and go to te room only to see the floor not vacuumed or the bathroom floor swept. There was hair and dirt in every corner, I went to the lobby and told the lady there and she came to check the room herself and she told me that it's because the room had recently been painted... she was pretty adamant that the room and bathroom floor was clean when you could clearly see it wasn't. So she cleaned it herself when she knew I wasn't buying what she said. This was the first time I stayed here and I will never stay again.

Nothing. Will never stay again. However the gentleman at the reception was very polite

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Needs to be more cleaned. Walls are with stains , doors and bathroom floor wasn't clean. Base board needs to be vacum all around the room. And is smelly place. They need a supervisor after house keeping clean the rooms.

Bed was ok.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Walls were dirty - all of them (even the shower had someone else's hair left on the wall). Carpeting is old and the room feels musty. Overall I've paid less for more. Way overpriced in my opinion. WAY!

Sheets were clean which I'm big on.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Location sucked. I know it has nothing to do with the hotel itself but hearing gunshots in the middle of the night made me question staying again.

The bed was comfy. The hotel was overall kept up pretty well.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Instructions for the coffee machine in room would have been nice....I put too much water and it ended up like tea!

Convenient location! Very clean... the soap in the bathroom was wonderful I would have purchased a box if available!!!!! Nice continental breakfast....great value for the price!! Definitely would stay again!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Room filthy, sheets dirty, asked for new sheets they dropped off didn't make bed. Pillows disgusting they took them out brought us new pillows. Holes in wall and doors, stains everywhere, bathroom rusted out.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Would've liked a protein for the continental breakfast. But the donuts were top notch.

Great value. Rooms are attractive, comfortable and clean. We were on an extended trip and enjoyed this was comparable to the Hilton we stayed at during our trip.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Location was not what I expected, it was situated in a bad part of town on a very busy street. Front door of our Room was 10 feet from street. Hotel was not a suite, I wouldn't even call it a hotel. Towels were paper thin and there were only two towels provided. I was relieved I brought my own toiletries.

Furniture was updated and adequate.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Continental breakfast was essentially non existent. Just plan on eating out.

Great value. Super comfy bed. You can tell that the owners take pride in their business and facilities.

No pool

Continental breakfast

Peripheral traffic noise.

The price.

Good room for a good price. Close to the main Highway 101

Very clean. Same as the pictures!

Thin walls. Very limited breakfast. Small towels. Room was less than I expected.

Nice people. Good location. Outside looks good. Clean.

The tv was not easy to operate

Big room with big shower room, had carpack

It was nice and quite

Room can have a better inviting smell.

Overall ok for a 1 day stay.

The motels were clean I'm just not used to that small of a place

The price

Very clean, roomy, comfortable bed

Spotty WiFi.

Simple, clean rooms.

Someone took my parking space. Did like that.

It was a very nice and comfy room

That there was a 250 dollar deposit

Didn't have hearter or Ac

Can be cleaner

Expensive

NOT SO NOISY BATHROOM FAN.

ALWAYS AN OPEN ROOM, EASE OF BOOKING, NICE CLEAN ROOM, LOCATION

The Internet was really bad. We couldn't even get a signal on our phone.

The location was not bad. But that is about it.

Redone Motel. Awesome upgrades. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was sufficient. Great rates. Highly recommend staying here, I will

Proximity to freeway. Helpful staff.

Bathroom sink did not drain properly.

Location and rate. Bed was quite comfortable.