Reviews of Rodeway Inn & Suites Canyon Lake 3 stars

#1 of 1 hotels in Canyon Lake

6.2

5.9

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Clean room but the property needs updating. Also missing amenities listed on their website.

the room didn't have a coffee maker, microwave or the iron or ironing board in room as stated when booking. The room also didn't have a closet to hang my clothes

the room was renovated and clean. The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Last resort, kinda booking.

The walls are extremely thin, “my neighbors and I could hear each other breathe.” The tenants upstairs totally disregard people residing below them, sounded like I was sleeping beneath a blowing alley. Property allows pets.... so needless to say, we had the lovely added enjoyment of dogs barking all hours of the day and night.

The bed was very comfortable, the room was tastefully decorated, the office staff were very nice and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

This was my first experience with this chain and I will never stay at one of their hotels again.

Everything was bad here. It was dirty in & out, the inside was run-down, the water pressure was bad ( water was brown when it first comes out).

Dirty, smelly & run-down. Completely misrepresented by pics of the place.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The room was good sized, clean and I always take the sheets...

It was a little upsetting that there was no pool.

The room was good sized, clean and I always take the sheets completely off the beds before I sleep in them, checking the mattress and box spring for bugs. These were clean, so I slept with no worry!!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Good room for value

Bad customer service, no light bulbs in any lamps, refrigerator didn't work, additional $50 deposit

Bedroom looked cozy, had a decent balcony, nice carpet, got my $50 deposit back

I lost one item in this room and the staff claims they never...

I lost one item in this room and the staff claims they never found it. The following week I left a credit card in the room on purpose, called an hour after check out and they claimed it was not found but I did find new charges on my credit card statement

Bad... it was so bad that I had ti rush out in early morning

The staff isn’t attentive. The building is old and dirty. The rooms are about the same. It was very loud at night. At one point, I was worried about my brand new car that was parked outside because this facility’s lack of security.

It ‘s in good location but that’s about it.

The room was clean;

The outside grounds, especially in the back, need to be kept cleaner. There was lots of dog poop and cigarette buts all around. (This is unfortunate because the area in front of the office is quite nice.) Breakfast is included, but is minimal. Also, common hotel amenities, such as facial tissues and plastic glasses, are not in the room.

The room was clean; bed was comfortable; desk staff friendly and helpful. Location is excellent for a visit to Canyon Lake. Also, they are pet friendly. Good value for your money.

Don’t do it

A lot of screaming children running around lots of smoke people yelling room was dirty didn’t feel safe sleeping in the bed the toilet was backed up a very low budget place

Too expensive for low quality rooms

The rooms were very outdated. Although beds looked clean and comfortable which looked updated. The walls had visible patch jobs. And poor workmanship that was visible.

It was convenient where we were staying.

Very old and dirty, builden and safety and health department would shut them down in a heartbeat.

Very dirty and old, needs to be tore down and rebuild. It’s a shame they take people’s money. Not clean at all, carpet is dirty bedding and towels are dingy. The room have holes in the walls. As I walk up the stairs to my room, I held onto the rail, the rail was lose and the stairs are shaky. They really need to clean this place up room by room and make major renovations. The builden and safety if they new would shut this place down it’s really that bad. I couldn’t believe it especially across from million dollar homes.

Would never stay again. Getto.

Very dirty bathroom with blood and probably feces splatters on walls. Something on other walls as well. Room was not ready at check in time. Manager told and even wrote on our keys room 126-there is no room 126 it was 124. Worst breakfast accommodation have ever seen. No pool or other usual amenities. Expected better from a Roadway.

Horrible maid

The maids are lazy when they go into the room to clean they don't clean 100% the maid I had went into the room and barely made the bed did not take thevtrash out no clean towels did even clean the shower nor floors my question is why was she even there was she looking for sumthing to steal cause I am for the was not there to clean

Peaceful and management was great

Over all was good

If tv was working and we didn't have to bother the front desk

Was clean when I called front desk to ask to take care of tv problem took care of situation right away.

Horrible place to stay.

everything...read above!!!

Toilet wouldn't flush when we first got in room. Only cereal for breakfast. Small small cups of coffee...in lobby. No pool...the website I used showed a pool...turns out to be the pool at the condos next door. They say non smoking rooms, but you can smell stale dant smoke. No thank you for staying with us.oh I'm sorry what did I like...that I only stayed one night.

Nice location and the lady in in the reception she help a...

The first person in the reception is realy rude the lady realy nice.

Nice location and the lady in in the reception she help a lot but the guy he was realy rude.

We had a terrible stay and ended up checking out early and paying a $25 fee

The wires coming out of walls, the stock room. The cleaning supplies were gross, there was no pool, the breakfast was bad. They dry the bedding in the sun on railings.

The bath tub

It was great

They could have better movie channels,upgrade from basic .

Over all I really enjoyed all of it but what brings me back is the staff from front desk to the housekeepers it's always a pleasure.

The staff was nice!

The windows were filthy. The blankets were dirty. The air conditioner didn’t work properly. They left trash outside our room. The sink leaked from the bottom.

The staff was nice!

I won’t be staying at this or any Rodeway locations ever again.

The phone in the room didn’t work. I asked for extra towels & had to go up to the front desk to ask for them & then I only received one when I asked for 2. The bathroom area smelled like cigarette/weed & I had a non-smoking room.

Closeness to the freeway

Overall room was clean. But wouldn’t stay there again.

Building old. Needs upgrades. Blow dryer didn’t work well. Electrical outlet for it, was not properly affixed to wall. No shelf in shower for toiletries. Needs paint. A lot of noise from parking area. No cozy feeling at all. No coffee pot in room!!!

There was only 1 towel and no wash cloths provided.

There was only 1 towel and no wash cloths provided. There were nails popping up from floor strip dividing carpet and tile. Housekeeping walked in on us sleeping. I will never stay here again!

Bed was comfty

Dirty, smells, need upgrades, broken door, broken ironing board, need paint, new towel rack, restroom floor needs better cleaning. Behind dressers are filthy. Room needs a deep cleaning period.

Bed was comfty

Never again!

The place was super old. Missing a lot of fixtures. The sink was clogged and there was black mold in the restroom. They only had cereal and bananas for breakfast.

The ONLY thing we liked was the bed.

We stayed on a weekend so for $ I thought was expensive for a motel.

Lights were such a low wattage, it made room feel dark. Need improvement of bathroom sink, no counter space. Also, one tiny garbage can by the door.

The bed was very comfortable! It had a refrigerator and micro wave.

Would not recommend and will never stay at a Roadway Inn again

No breakfast, not informed about wifi, no coffee maker, iron or ironing board. No bathtub and shower was not clean enough to use. Refrigerator was not cold and needed to be defrosted. Overall appearance looked dirty and not well maintained inside and out.

The location but I should have drove further for a better place

Would never stay there again

The toilet backed up and they brought us a plunger to unclog ourselves. Sink filled half way up before it would drain. Chairs had stains, walls patched up & not painted over. no kleenex or trash can.

Beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly.

I will not be staying there again.

This hotel allows prostitution, drug use, and you hear people fighting and arguing all hours of the night. Rooms were not clean and they need to be renovating.

Dirty, feelings of unsafe, will not return or recommend

The staff was not very friendly. There were shady characters lurking around the property. We booked a non smoking room but were surrounded by smoking rooms. There were stains on the mirror, walls and carpet. Poorly repaired holes in the walls. The toilet seat did not fit the toilet.

Fire alarm was cherping all night was very annoying.

Fire alarm was cherping all night was very annoying.. toilet clogged.. shower was dirty.. when we pulled up there was 3 police officers there in area where we checked in & then we wondered what kind of place is this.. but the front desk person explained to me that they were there for the apartment complex next door.. but we still felt uncomfortable

!!!!!LOUSY!!!!!!

The room smelled of musky mildew. There was a ABC piece of gum on top of the headboard the next morning when the maids came to clean and put sheets on the bed. The rug was torn on the edges, the mini fridge was balanced by a cardboard box or a large tissue box. There was only one waste basket in the room. The room need's to be refurbished !!!! Room 108.

NOTHING

Overall good for the price I got, shopping on a budget.

The water was brown, water pressure low,weird smell, dirty bathroom, and small breakfast... very small.

The AC was nice and cold and the beds were very comfortable. Another thing to add is the TV was a good size.

Best bang for the buck

No Coffee machine in room

Free movie channels,nice iron and board,best bang for the buck in lake Elsinore.room was clean not fancy stayed three days not disappointed.

Rodeway Inn was a good value and better than expected.

The bed was not as comfortable as I would have liked, but I have a very bad back. Others may not have trouble at all.

The desk lady was very nice and helpful. The room was better than expected after viewing the hotel from the outside.

The room was very nice and very clean.

The breakfast could be definitely be upgraded and the grounds better maintained. (Cigarette butts on the ground, etc.)

The room was very nice and very clean. Overall, it exceeded our expectations. We travel with a small dog, so being 'pet friendly' is important to us, as is having a grassy area where we can walk him. Finally, the location is extremely convenient for our needs.

Book only when you're desperate

Everything - Location, room was smelly, carpet was sticky and old, walls were moldy, other guests looked very suspicious. Overall place was where criminals would stay at. Only reason I booked was nothing else was available in the area that weekend

AC was the only positive

Go relax!

No elevators, granted the steps weren't very many, but I've been walking up and down steps for years and my knees didn't appreciate extra.

I loved that it was always quiet. My boyfriend and I were staying in town for a few days and seen many people, but it was really quiet, we slept like babies.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

We liked the location and the price-quality.

The wifi was not working most of the time from the middle of the afternoon to the next morning and even when it worked it was very slow. The breakfast is very sugary so if you don't want to eat unhealthy you should not eat there. It was a bit sketchy at first not to be able to do the checkin by entering the lobby but to do it through a window. I felt though that if I would have been aware of these three things (couple of witch already reported in the past) it is still worth it and I would go back.

We liked the location and the price-quality. The room was clean, maybe a bit old but clean.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

not the place id stay

paying 10 dollars for a foot towel that wouldn't have been so dirty if they vacuumed with a commercial vacuum not the dust buster.

we have booked this place before and the place is ran down. there was at least 1 or 2 cars with people sitting in them for hours at a time. the sister of the owner checked us out of our room so we could get our security deposit back and charged us $10 for a dirty foot towel. the location for work is the best part. I will not go back to this location

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Just okay for one night

The hallway rugs are dirty and need replacing. the Breadfast area is in the lobby and okay just not a lot of space. the noise level was loud, can hear the cars and people outside your window, was glad I was on the second floor. Also no elevator. The bathroom was shower only. I liked walking to the grocery store in the pk lot next to hotel. The wifi was terrible never got it to engage.

the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast not bad cereal, pastry, bananas, juice, coffee.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Do not stay here

The worst most disgusting hotel i have ever been to. For $100 I had to switch rooms 3 times because they were so gross, had 3 cockroaches in my room, I can not believe this place is in business still

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Lacking on guest services but the room was quite nice with upgraded features.

The check-in process

The room looked fabulous for the price. It was a little dirty for my liking. Baseboards,carpets etc hadn't been cleaned thoroughly in a long time. The check in after midnight was through a small window on the side of the building that wasn't obvious period we were knocking and calling and waiting outside for 20 minutes before anyone came to the front of the hotel to get us checked in. It was 38 degrees in California that night and we were not prepared to be standing outside waiting for someone to come to the front desk when they weren't answering their phone!!!

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

The office staff were attentive and accommodating.

Both rooms I was in were neat, mostly dust free but not clean. Light fixtures and cracked mirrors dirty; carpet vacuumed everywhere but the corners of the rooms and the bathroom need more than a quick wipe down. The housekeeping staff should be trained to clean left to right, top to bottom.

The office staff were attentive and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Okay for the money, but not great.

Rooms for not as advertised comma picture showed a table with a couple of chairs and we did not get that. The room had a bad sewer smell to it. The continental breakfast was just a couple of sweet cereals, cinnamon roll, and banana. One person with diabetic and there was nothing she could eat.

Friendly staff who did what they could to try to make our stay comfortable

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

An unwelcoming welcome.

Reception, in one word. A young woman, obviously one of the owner/operators, was very professional. But!, Never a smile or welcoming word. Outside of the correct, but minimal, check-in procedure nothing more was forthcoming. I had to return when I realized I hadn't been given the network/password combo. This has become an important value added feature in the Hotel business. If you advertise/offer it either ask the customer if they want it or present the information at check-in. From one star to five star you are in the hospitality business, act like it please. A smile and a "welcome to ___" can make a big difference to a weary traveler. Will they remember the good side or the bad side?

Best selection of cable stations ever. This included many foreign language stations, I believe I remember that ,at least, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Arabic were were available.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Just for a short stay.

Carpet & bathroom is completely outdated & unkept. . A/C not generating cold air and the bedroom celing in need of repair.

Location. Nice surrounding community.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

I won't be staying there again

Bathroom mirror was not clean it had old toothpaste spots all over it. They need to clean the bathroom drains it had a foul smell. I would not call it breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Clean and friendly staff.

Clean and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Not clean,rundown

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The place is dirty

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Good

Hallway carpet

Bed comfortable

Very nice, not in a bad area, was close to where I wanted to...

There’s nothing I didn’t like about the property

Very nice, not in a bad area, was close to where I wanted to be

Quiet

That they didn't change the bed sheet everyday

Quiet

Price and location

Price and location

My wife and myself liked it very much

The bed was very comfy.

It was very comfortable

No pool or spa

Cleanliness

It served it's purpose

It needs remodeling badly, wasn't impressed but I needed sleep, it is what it is

It served it's purpose

It was very clean and quiet

It was very clean and quiet

Was clean.

Maintenance. Refrigerator not set right.bathroom door lock missing, could not shut. One small waste basket.

Was clean.

Linens were filthy.

Linens were filthy. Bath towels were dingy. Just nasty. Very loud people arguing. Avoid this place

Ok

No in room coffee, room smelled,

Close to restaurant

Wonderful would stay their again, as soon as my bank

My bank card has never worked their,(twice in the last two months) even though it worked every where else surrounding the area,weird

Quiet and clean

Not worth the money.

The TV did not work and when I called downstairs I was ignored won't be staying at this hotel again

The bed was comfortable.

Pretty much I didn't like anything about it especially for the price I would of stayed somewhere else

Okay

Staff lazy

Very luxurious for the price

So nice the expense the room looks like

Infested

Bed bugs. Dirty. Mattresses were old and hard

Close to shopping.

Had a restful night sleep.

Breakfast.

Good price.

Very dirty rooms, disgusting.

Very dirty rooms, disgusting. Will never go there again.

Would not recommend it, price was not worth it.

Nothing at all it was not inviting in any way the pictures on the website look nothing like the actúal thing.

Yummmm

All was bitchin

The Room

I am very happy after staying. It was a good place to come and go from.

Couple stains on carpet.no blanket on the bed.

Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was a nice addition.Me and my Dog were treated nice and inviting.