Reviews of Rodeway Inn Civic Center 2 stars

6.2

6.1

5.9

6.1

This place was disappointing, they only have like 12 parking spaces available. So good luck getting one. The rooms are not that clean the furniture is old and beat up the only thing that’s new is the tile in the bathroom. The elevator is broken they have workers te doing the floors in the other rooms so it’s pretty loud if your trying to get some rest. Definitely never stay here again it’s way over priced.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The parking, when I got up in the morning there were 2 cars parked in the middles blocking other cars. The bed wasn't very comfortable.

The free parking, the price, and the room was in good condition.

The people in the room next door. The guy arrived at our door at 11pm knocking and yelling. Then realized not his room. Then reappeared at 1am next door, then at 3am and again at 6am. Yelling banging on door and waking everyone up.

Clean room with parking

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The property is under major construction. My room was old and not well maintained. The heat did not work and the management did not fix it. I was provided extra blankets that had cigarette burns in them. The listing said free parking but there’s no security. The neighborhood is horrible so I paid to park my car safely n a guarded, secure garage far from the hotel. The hotel is not near the Civic Center. It is in a neighborhood known for prostitutes and junkies.

My bed was comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was very dirty starting from the minute you open the door the handle was sticky. Thankful there wasn't bed bugs.... Also they put us next to two rooms that were being completely demolished we were rudly awaken to very loud construction noises that literally shook our room. We didn't get our ideal vacation sleep in...

We should’ve have been informed of the remodel. The noise level was loud until 6 pm, parking was not the best thing. Two parking stalls were occupied with remodeling supplies.

rooms were very Pleasant

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They have very limited parking their site says they have free parking it doesn’t say limited anywhere. They have two or three cars that are clearly inoperable in a few of the spaces. Ridiculous.

The price for the location was great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They took my payment double. 1 from booking.com before check in, 1 after check out through my credit card. I have contacted them but no reply, I contacted booking.com also no reply. Be careful!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Too many people have loud conversations outside my room at 4 am smh really shitty when you trying to rest for a fun day !

Very nice room!! Simple yet exactly what I was looking for !

The noise... two mornings we woke up at 530am cause they would use a noisy metal automatic garage door in the courtyard of the motel.

Location is very central so it is easy to get to the main attractions of the city.

The parking and continental breakfast needed to be described better. No breakfast and parking is first come first served. Let me mention that the spots are extremely small I couldn't get out of my car and had to climb over the passenger seat. The beds were not comfortable and we all woke up sore. I'm pretty sure there was feces on the wall by the bed. The sheets and towels were stained. The coffee machine didn't work properly. Had to brew it 3 times to get a dark roast. It's definitely not worth the money they are charging. I rather have slept in my car.

The booking site tells you that the hotel has parking but doesn't make mention that the parking is very limited. Also one of the days we stayed the water stopped working.

I like the modern look of the room and the shower is very nice for a cheap hotel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everytime I visit San Fran I never stay at any other place. Every employ is helpful amd wonderful. It my little home away from home.

I love how many places are walking distance or public transportation it right there.

No complaints about our stay; service was great and we rested and showered fine here. I wish the city did a better job at cleaning the streets and walks.

There are some excellent restaurants within walking distance. Max’s Opera House has a huge N.Y. style reuben that can feed two. However, there are many street people in the area and the streets were filthy. I was OK walking around here but know that others may be uncomfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel is really basic, the old AC / radiator did not work and it was cold inside. I had a bad cold night, and did not sleep well. Bed are old and basic too..

It was very noisy at night. The guests all around us were partying hard and it was to the point of being scary. I did not feel safe there. I wish the staff would’ve done something about that.

The staff is lovely there. They let us check in early.

They have metal box under bed as a frame made noise if u moved like flexing metal loud echo there was girls goin an coming then a cleaning person would go clean the room that rang a bad bell

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Homeless people loud situated outside my room. I asked whether I could leave my car on site the next day, but had to reclarify that w every staff I encountered.

Location was good. Room okay.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the sounds coming from outside.

The room was kinda small but clean. would come again because nobody bugs you. the only problem is you can hear just about everything outside.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The garage is very noisy and the rooms not that isolated so we could hear them picking up the trash at 6 in the morning. Which made a lot of noise.

Great location. Great to park the car in the middle of the city.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We have welchairs person and the bed was very tall and the facilities with the bathroom was not good, also the elevator was tiny and the entrance for wrlchair person was very tall and difficult for my family get in and out from the room , add pics and u can see how Hight was the entrance for Scoter welchair disabilities person , we extended 2 nights this person and the rates get very expensive 87 usd every night .

I want this hotel working and help dudsbilties prrson to in and out elevadora and the rooms get more clean and make sure this sieviak People have facilities easy

housekeeper dose not change my bed sheet everyday. I was staying there for 4days but they changed "only one time." because I requested it. if I didn't, I think they won't change it.

front desk staff are so nice.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff sucks they tried to steal my deposit by making me pay for "damage" to a room I had not done.they did no walk through at check in.but at check out tried to say I put screws in the wall.then lied and tried to keep my deposit.they are liars,suisan (front desk)and their non English speaking housekeepers suck.

I had a used washcloth hanging over my shower rod when I checked in. The walls were also very thin and I could hear all my neighbors.

Staff were pleasant.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hairs in the bathroom, dirty elevator and hall, limited parking. Choose right streets for walking to avoid homeless.

Affordable. Not bad location - walking distance to the center. Choose big streets to avoid homeless. Good for one night.

Though the building looks dilapidated,the rooms are renovated and very pleasant for a property in this kind of budget category.The location is convenient to get to major points but neighborhood is not the best (in terms of safety - lots of homeless).Staff was very friendly and helpful.

The entrance is through the car park, with the rooms surrounding it above. Can be a little noisy due to other guests, but street noise is minimal.

Great location just off Van Ness with spacious rooms and parking available.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Close to lots of buses and it's short ride to downtown (10mins) and Fisherman's Wharf (15mins) Good value for money given San Francisco pricing.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is a perfect fair priced venue, with lovely staff, the rooms are extremely lovely, I actually didn't want to leave !! We had 17 nights in States at different hotels, this was by far the best cleanest room with best facilities in all the night stays !! Free parking, Best wifi too !! & location is fine, bus stop right round the corner !!

Too many homeless people and very bad smell from them on the way to downtown!! We got scared a few times.. when you reach market street is better. If you want to go to promenade we don't recommend to go down to market street, but go up to hill and try to go another way...

Price equals quality. Basic nothing fancy.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff, the noise ( super noisy the night) no parking for each room...

A lot of homeless people on this street and some of those are aggressive... and for the hotel, one of the worst hotel in my life.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had a parkingplace. But if we got in later, we didn't have one. There is not enough space for the cars. And some places are really small. Bit expensive compared to all the hotels we booked in California and around.

Breakfast was small. Coffee and sweet small breads. But same as everywhere in California and around. Room was big enough. Clean enough. Bed was ok. Parking at the hotel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We park in their parking area . Somebody broke my mirror and the guy who's on duty supposed to check who goes in and out of their property and that's their reponsibility. Safetiness of their guests. The guy said the safetiness is not their responsibility!!! I don't recommend this hotel!!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The elevator going to the second floor never arrived so we took the stairs. I must have watched too many Law & Order episodes, because the staircase gave me the willies. The gentlemen at the front desk were polite and helpful with locating all of the places we wanted to go during our visit.

The location is central, and the immediate neighborhood is decent. The bed was comfortable and there was very little street noise. The room and bathroom were immaculate! We were headed to the Civic Center for a concert, it was a very short walk. Afterwards we took an Uber to the Mark Hopkins to enjoy refreshments and the view from the "Top of the Mark".

Overall pleasant stay, area is a little sketchy at night, place was clean had fridge, microwave and free ice. Did not know about 100 deposit, had to press/question about the refund when checking out, not sure if I would have gotten it back of I didn't.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was fine. Nothing special. The elevator was scary looking, very old, and the inspection certificate on the elevator said it expired in 2014. Though we were staying 2 nights, a cleaning lady walked into the room on our second day, when I was in the shower. My son was in the room alone. She came in and got a pamphlet for another room and walked out. Very unprofessional. The pricing was expensive for the very sketchy neighborhood and subpar accommodations.

There was a fridge and microwave. The employee that checked us in was very nice. He was a new employee and didn't know a whole lot about the area, but he was very honest and friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Lift was out of order- we were allocated a room on the second floor - walking up 3 flights of stairs -only after we complained, they changed to the second floor. The room smelled musty -floor covering old and worn-- the bedspread worn and thin, the mattress was sagging and you could feel the springs through the thin cover- very uncomfortable- the linen and clean. The toilet was 'wonky, it looked, like the cistern had just been replaced, but not bolted to the wall felt very unsafe - the glass in the bathroom window was broken - generally a very unclean place- needs a total refurbishment- no star in this condition.

Central location

Room is old furniture and carpet. Bedsheets didn't change and pillow cases. Towels need to replace new one. All Furniture need to change and remodel.

Old carpet, small and old elevator, they didn't change the bedsheets and pillow cases. Need to remodeled the rooms and fascilities.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Carpet was stained and torn in places. We've stayed here several times but always had the remodelled rooms. Also there was a very loud group of people talking through the early morning hours echong up the hallwaus

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The locality is probably one of the worst in the city. There are homeless people everywhere and I never felt safe. I checkout 3 days into my 15 day planned stay as it was unbearable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

parking although they say they have is always difficult and fills to early - to get a parking space one needs to be at the hotel no later than 3:30 or 4:00 if not you must try to find on the street which can be a very expensive parking ticket in San Francisco

I absolutely didn't like the hotel When i booked this hotel i thought the parking was available but when i got there there was no parking and also limited spots so i parked my car outside when there is a lot of homeless people that i couldn't even sleep at night. It was a very bad experience and i'll never go back to this address. I don't recommend this hotel at all.

The location outside the alley alot of people sleeping and drunk and also when I checked in right away he just yelled at me and said don't smoke in my room which I told him I'm not a smoker and then he ask for a $100 deposit which that didn't say on the description online I would not rent again

Rooms clean

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no ice microwave the lights where to bright a hard light there was no lamp to soften the light it made me uncompfortable the room was at street level with an alley outside the window where homeless criminal drug users where heard through out the night this was a very uncompfort- able accomadation

Room was clean

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was a great advertisement for the hotel but there wasn't enough parking for us to use so we ended up parking on the street and having to wake up early to move the car. Staff seemed sketchy. Wouldn't give receipts unless you paid with a card. Laughed at guest before whenthey expressed frustration. 100 dollar deposit that I was nervous about because of the previous guest interaction. Went to room. Counter wasn't clean. Small roaches. Creeky mattress springs. Loud refrigerator. Breakfast is those cheap paxkaged pastries.Deposit was returned later than promised.

Nice area. Bathroom in room. Great water pressure.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was clearly noticed that there was a free parking (main reason why we chose that parking), but when we arrived it was a parking for maximum 20 cars. And as it's a quite big hotel of more than 20 persons we didn't have any parking spot during our 4 days stay. We were lucky that after 6 pm to 9 am it was possible to park in the street for free, but it means that we needed to wake up and move the car from the street before 9 am or wake up to pay the parking (we were there for holiday and we had a long drive so a little bit of rest would have been welcome) and it also means that between 9 am to 6 pm we had to move with the car in the city, to visit or whatever, or we needed to pay. If we pay an hotel mainly for his parking we are not suppose to do that kind of stuff.

The staff was always available for customers, at every hours, they were friendly and cooperative. We have nothing to say about the room, it was perfect, the bed was really comfortable, the bathroom really clean and we had everything that we needed.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

If you're​ looking for a free parking spot as it is advertised, then good luck. They don't have enough space for everyone so you have to be lucky to get a free spot or park outside during the night and park somewhere else during the day.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It says that there's free parking at their facility, but all of their parking stalls have junk cars parked in them, so there's no open parking stalls for their customers, I won't be back!!

The place was decent.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room is in low-average condition, carpets are old and quite damaged by peoples shoes, signs of damage on the walls. Found couple of someone else's hair in a bathtub and I think the maid forgot to wipe the toilet seat. Otherwise looked reasonably clean.

This is a good place if you're a tourist who wants to sleep at night in a private room and not a hostel dormitory. Location is convenient, staff is friendly and the price is low which is the most important upside.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Staff was not friendly. Parking was terrible and the idiot guests severely damaged my car with no help from staff to identify whom it was. They allow people to double park and block you in. Tried to raise the rate on me. Homeless people, working women, and drug dealers are indeed common the property. Be careful with you car there.

Upgraded room and bathroom are the only rooms worth it.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Where do I begin? I am aware that it's difficult to find a hotel that offers free parking in San Francisco, so when I saw that Rodeway Inn offered free parking, I was floored! When I got there, I entered into this squared, tight space full of about 12 cars. There was no parking available so I parked in front of a parked car. When I checked in and asked about the parking, the guy at the front said that if there's no parking available, then I will have to park on the street. Parking is for first come, first serve basis... Apparently, the tight, squared space with only about 12 parking spaces was the only parking available for the hotel... the neighborhood didn't look like the safest, and when I asked the clerk if anyone had gotten their car broken into, he said, "It doesn't happen often." That was hardly assuring. After accepting defeat, I started pulling out of the parking garage when I saw that a car was pulling out. That was pure luck! I refused to move out of my space for the rest of the night, and decided to eat at the local Burger King one street over. Another thing that made my stay at the hotel lack luster was the fact that the key that I was given to open up my door did not work on the first try. It would take me SEVERAL tries to open up my door, and me and my friend knew that if we left our room, it would be such a hassle opening up the door. The clerk at the front desk told us it was the right key. And lastly, when I searched for a hotel online, it said that it offered free breakfast. When my friend and I walked over to their office, their, "breakfast," option was orange juice, coffee and a small pastry. All of which ran out by the time we got there. I look back on this experience and laugh. I learned to research the hotel more, and not take everything at face value. The staff was great though!

I liked the fact that it was cheap for a one night stay in SF and the rooms looked clean.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

parking: on booking.com they say parking is included. when we came, the underground garage was packed by cars. some of them taking more space then needed. When we asked where to park our car we were said anywhere on the street on our own expense. taking into consideration the parking situation in SF, looking for the parking spot at 12:30 am doesn't sound like a dream, does it? we decided to park our car alongside the office wall, giving enough room to drive in/out to anyone. Before we finally settled down with the reception guy, he had threatened he would have us towed away as we were blocking the night window. $100USD refundable deposit: get ready for this. at the time we were there, it wasn't stated in the describtion on Booking.com, so it surprised me. My effort to get a confirmation proving it was only a deposit and not a payment resulted in their telling me they could cancel my stay. Great customer service!!! Fortunately, the money came back to my account.

+ location - quite convenient

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The environment is not appealing. One cannot even take a walk

Environment is dirty, seems insecure, loiters all over The facility itself is good and comfortable

The hotel is quite run down and the floors are desperately in need of replacement. There was black mold all around our window. The room smelled bad.

The front desk staff was nice and informative.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was huge. It even had a couch. It was very comfortable, if a little shabby. There are three floors, but it had a working, very small, elevator. I would definitely stay there again

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff member who checked us in was more interested in continuing the conversation she was having with her friend at the front desk and did not give us any information about breakfast. Breakfast itself left a lot to be desired. It consisted of orange juice or stale coffee and a selection of packaged pastries, all of which seemed to be soggy in our experience. I really think the hotel should make guests aware of this limited choice before arrival by either stating 'limited breakfast' on booking sites or removing the breakfast listing altogether. As for parking, there is simply not enough. When we arrived the car park was overfilled and we had to leave our vehicle on the street overnight. Staff will likely tell you that you can get a space during the day "no problem" but I did not find that to be the case. I happened to get up around 7:45am to look in the car park and there was only one space available, which I hastily took. The car park was still full around 11am, which is the check out deadline for the hotel. Given that we paid almost $200 I can't help but feel disappointed with this stay.

The room was fairly clean and the local amenities good.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Paid 100$ for parning. Would get back When we cheated out.but but then they would keep it until it was cleaned. And send 100$ back whithin 5 days.but i did not get anything

City

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Front desk service staff could smile a little? :)

The location looks ok, but I have to say, it looks really good inside the rooms, and it was very well priced, considering it's San Francisco and all. The room was very spacious, I loved how there was a dining table on the side, with 2 chairs, there was a lot of storage space, bathroom was newly renovated and was very clean, and the sheets and pillows were really soft and comfy. They allowed me to leave my luggage in storage before the check-in time. I don't really understand some of the negative reviews I saw on Booking.com, it really doesn't reflect the reality of the place.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

I couldn't use the parking lot also the property is not in its best condition when we checked in the office smell like soup because the owners live next to the lobby and it's something they can improve to look like a serious hotel and the elevator wasn't working so we had so carry all the luggage

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There is no restaurant at the hotel. The hotel was good, but to expensive for what the hotel is worth.

The room was very clean and looked like it was newly decorated. The staff and cleaning personal are very friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was very disappointed to arrive and the pictures on line looked nothing like the actual place. The smoke and grime you saw soon as you opened the room door.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hmmm actually for the price you get what you need So nlthing to say here. Perhaps only that the walls are small and you could hear your neighbours if they do Party. But it wasnt the case for us so No Problem

It definitely from the outside not look like a place to stay, but as soon as you are in the reception and get your keys, the rooms are really big and you have all you need. It could be that some people find the bathroom not so good, but for me it was far enough. So for the price we payd and what you get this is far the best San Francisco can givqe you. And also not to forget FREE PARKING and a Good WIFI

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing I arrived 2:15 pm and check time was 3:00pm so I have to go for a walk until them knowing the room was ready then! It was smoking room which I did not requested that I remember. The bedspread had burn holes! It top of that I tried to open elevator door; surprise it was not working. I'm a senior citizen so climbing stairs with luggage is extremely dangerous to said the least! No offered to help me! If I had known about this surprise I would have canceled it!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Their booking site said they had free breakfast which turned out to be only packaged Danish. Also our room was nice and large but difficult to control the temperature and right outside of our window was the hotel's lighted sign which lighted up the room too much. Also didn't have any extra blankets to help deal with the room temp and didn't have a blow dryer.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location is nice, but first night I got there the parking was full and parking is really a challenge in the area. The front desk employee was not very helpful. The place was dirty, the bed sheets were stained. All in all, for the price paid it was way too dirty. Elevator was not working either, which made it super hard to lift my suitcase to the 3rd floor... The breakfast was a joke and it was at the reception, which smelled like curry. All in all, a bad experience. Would not return and would not recommend it to my friends.

Location is nice, but first night I got there the parking was full and parking is really a challenge in the area. The only positive thing about this place is location, though.

The fact that I couldn't change the number of people to a room and had to spend a extra $130 for a bed that was not needed. Plus there was trash everywhere outside.

The fact that I couldn't change how many people to a room was ridiculous!!! I had to spend a extra $130 for a extra bed that was not needed. Will not be using booking.com ever again!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is a full of smell of marijuna. Rooms are in a dirt. AC is too much noisy. I have never seen such a rude hotel staff. Never smiles. Dont waste your money and try to find another place.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Very small parking. If you come late there probably won't be any free spot...

Close to the downtown. Several good and cheap restaurants in a surroundings.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The elevator didn't work the entire week we were there. There was construction all day from 9am in the room next to ours. The water was turned off for half a day that we were there. The wifi barely worked. There was no reception for T-Mobile in the hotel. Only one of the key cards worked.

The location was good.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Very loud. Mold in bathroom. Parking was a joke. Homeless people sleeping next to the cars. People partying. I was there for 9 days total never again. Elevator didn't work my grandma has to go Up and down the stairs. Shouldn't be charging so much for such a gross and broken down place..

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First of all, this review is especially for people who are staying here with a car: What happened here was despite making a special request for the need of a parking space in the booking comment, when we arrived there was no parking available and turned out it's a first come, first serve parking. The guy at front desk said that if you want a parking spot, you would have to call ( I did make a special request on booking.com ). Since we didn't have a parking spot, the front desk guy who checked us in ( I call this person, Person a) said that it's okay to park on street. We were new to sf so we believed him. Next thing we knew, Our car got broke in. Okay, I understand sometimes unlucky things happened but the way the hotel management took it was unbelievably rude, unprofessional and the worst of all motels/hotels I've ever stayed at. I usually don't write reviews even though the motels or hotels are bad because I know businesses need to make money and some grumpy customers can harm their businesses. but this is an exceptional case. Here is why: 1. They advertised free parking on booking.com, but there are no parking available for you if all the spots are taken, especially for people arriving at night, don't have hopes for a parking spot! 2. When I demanded to talk to their managers, the other front desk guys kept saying he couldn't contact straight to managers, only supervisor, the supervisor didn't pick up the phone and he also said the manager was too busy, he might stop by before or at 4 pm this afternoon. So we left our phone numbers, saying if the manager stopped by, please call us because we need to go to fix our broken window. When we tried to call back if the manager stopped by, he didn't pick up our phones ( 2 times), so I decided to back with different number that we left and surprisingly he picked up ...

Okay room

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff wasn't very friendly. The rooms didn't look good/clean.

Free parking in San Fransisco. Pretty good location. Good value for your money.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Some things in the rooms did not work like the phone and volume on tv and parking is very limited.

The staff were great, very friendly and cooperative. The rooms were nice and clean, you can tell the ladies there work hard on them.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Mold on inside and outside of shower and in bathroom ceiling. I'm disabled and made special requests that were ignored. Elevator out of service. Foot of bed higher than the head. Could feel wire in bed and was like a water bed but in a bad way. Location wasn't great and didn't even come close to what was advertised.

Absolutely nothing!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

There's no actual free breakfast. What they have is coffee, orange juice, bagels, and some kind of pastry.

Location is really good, is closed to a lot of public busses and restaurants. The room was very clean and the staff was really nice.

Browse Rodeway Inn Civic Center traveller photo gallery