Reviews of Rosen Centre Hotel Orlando Convention Center 3 stars

9840 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819, USA

#128 of 407 hotels in Orlando

Beautiful hotel; fantastic room decor and a great pool (bring swimwear!)
    • Standard Room

Usually go to the buffet at Cafe Gauguin, but was disappointed to find it closed and only offering ala carte. I don't like any of the other choices - pizza and sandwiches, sushi, ect at the other in-house restaurants. I didn't want to drive, so I ordered room service. I like my food HOT and the fish n chips wasn't. It looked great, tho - beautifully crispy. I sent it back and they substituted with a burger. Definitely prefer the buffet.

The newly remodeled room was prime. Great view of the pool. Pool is awesome. Convenient location on International Drive.

The rooms were accommodating to my family size.
    • Standard Room

Upon arrival to check in, we were guaranteed check in at 3pm. Our room wasn’t available and as we questioned an ETA with reservation desk, the gentleman was getting upset and using negative body language. He still could not provide us an ETA when we are guaranteed a check in of 3pm. He walk away to talk to a manage and as he returned he started talking very softly sarcastically as if I was a bother for being there. I had to ask him 3 times to speak a little louder because I couldn’t hear him as my 10 year old was questioning his behavior. He was rude and not accommodating. We will not be returning.

The rooms were accommodating to my family size.

Second to none at the International Drive.
    • Standard Room

All the restaurants were closed and the options available on the late night menu are very expensive for what they are. I don't know if that is managed by the hotel or not, but there is room for improvement.

Parking overnight in Orlando, especially with a full car, can be tricky and dangerous as the area is known for a lot of car breakings. The hotel has an amazing parking garage that made us feel safe leaving our stuff (a lot of stuff) inside the car at night. - Still, that is not recommended in Orlando.

Really good hotel in a great location next to the Convention Centre
    • Standard Room

Food & drinks were a little pricey.

High floor had great views. The Deli was very good for snacks and pizzas. Fabulous pool area with a bar. Walkway to the convention centre next door

Should have stayed at the Hyatt.
    • Standard Room

I found the overall value of the property to be less than expected for the price. The taste and quality of the food in the restaurants missed the mark. The staff I dealt with wore smiles but their indifference couldn't be missed. I was charged $21 for breakfast in room one day and $37 for the exact same breakfast the next day. Staff explained it by saying I didn't use the door hanger order card the 2nd day. When I told them the original had not been replaced they said it was my responsibility to ask for a new one.

Room was clean, quiet and comfy. The property was convenient for my business in and around the convention center.

Convenient location and clean and decent room. Lacking in amenities.
    • Standard Room

No one cleaned our room and we had to call at 8 pm to have it done.

I like the proximity to the convention center. I liked the sushi place in the lobby and the deli.

Location if your attending an event at the Convention...
    • Standard Room

-Not a friendly staff. -Uncomfortable bed. -Asked for a late checkout but without check if it was possible, she answered with a big “ NO “. -$15 additional charge for the use of the gym !!!

Location if your attending an event at the Convention Center.

Great!
    • Standard Room

Too far to walk to parking garage. Needed shuttle of some sort to get to and from vehicle especiallu at night.

The room cost was great and the rooms were great!

It was a very clean hotel
    • Standard Room

The staff was very rude and there were some issues with our bill and when inquiring about it I was basically told there was nothing they could do about the Orange county convention center fee. This hotel is directly across the street from the OCC and because of that they collect a percentage of your daily rate to supposedly pay the convention center. This hotel is privately owned by Mr. Rosen himself and I feel that it is a total rip off while he is a billionaire the average American household is getting dinged for extra fees to stay at his hotels. I will not ever stay at the Rosen Center hotel again or any of his facilities. And then to end the day it was $18.95 per person for a buffet breakfast which is absolutely ridiculous when most of the breakfast are included at hotel stays and the Orlando area. What was supposed to be a magical Christmas vacation for my seven-year-old grandson turned into an absolute debacle with this hotel. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!!!!!

It was a very clean hotel

The room was good, the food also, but when you are treted poorly paing
    • Standard Room

The employees at front desk, they treat badly the clients, I paid these reservation since July. I call in advance and ask for connecting rooms because my nice and sons will be at the hotel with me, I was ask by her to take care of the kids in two occasions and the not only puts in no connecting they put her 47 rooms apart, we both ask for reconsideration and they said no. Wile in front of us the put others group in connecting rooms and the others one in front of the others. There were other incident with the front desk employee

A Cheer weekend to Remember!
    • Standard Room

The parking garage is extremely far from the front desk, and not enough room in the valet area. Front desk staff was not very knowledgeable of the questions I had.

Very entertaining. A lot of parties going on and enough staff to handle it. Restaurant for breakfast is great!

It was ok
    • Standard Room

Wasn't able to do early check-in. Ended up having to leave my valuables in the car whilr I attended a football game. I also didn't like the long walk from the garage.

It was clean.

Very convenient for the convention centre.
    • Standard Room

I was shocked not being able to check in immediately because I had a booking, under my husbands name, with my card, but my husband got sick and stayed at home. Since I don't carry his name, I had a print of the booking AND the card with me....The staff at checkin treated me like some kind of criminal, while my name was also on the booking. Is a woman still only a dependent of her husband in 21 st century Florida?

Very convenient for the convention centre.

Our stay was not comfortable at all.
    • Standard Room

The hotel states on their website that a fifth person (third child) can be accommodated provided no extra bed is needed. However, this is completely misleading because the beds are not wide enough. Also, there is not enough space in the room for an extra bed. Once an extra bed was provided in room, it was impossible to move around. The room was probably the smallest we have ever slept (2 adults and 3 small children).

The location of the hotel is great for the conference center.

I enjoyed my stay at the Rosen Center and Orlando, although I came down with flu and fever.
    • Standard Room

Unfortunately there was no indoor pool. Although the hotel was close to the convention center, there was quite a distance when using the overhead bridge joining the hotel and the center.

Room very spacious with comfortable bed and good shower. Very helpful receptionists and concierge. Within walking distance of the Convention center where I attended for a conference

Just Amazing!!! Will visit again.
    • Standard Room

They should not charge for parking and should include breakfast :-)

Staff was great!!!, price was awesome, the property was great. I wish I could find the same price again to stay another 3 nights.

The bed was wonderful and the showers excellent.
    • Standard Room

Some of the rooms could have been warmer the air conditioning was very cold at times.

The bed was wonderful and the showers excellent. Could have had more milk for the coffee and I do prefer tea with milk of course

Rosen Horrible Centra Hotel
    • Standard Room

The staff they were very rude and horrible they had me sitting in their cold lobby after I just got out the pool for 6 hrs because they didn't want to give me my property and they took my money and said I didn't pay and made me pay again horrible horrible service

How the main floor stayed clean all the time

Great Stay
    • Standard Room

I was charged for my wifi. I don't know what I did to make a charge occur if it's free.

The facility was wonderful, the people were competent and courteous, accommodating too.

Good property with space to grow.
    • Standard Room

The consideration of the double bed in the hotel is that is a single european style. Two people in one bed and you are on the edges. This was brought to the hotels attention but they were unresponsive. Also they say they are pet friendly. The fees for pets (dogs) is an exorbitant 150 US regardless od duration of stay. This is is something they do not tell you at reservation time, it is treated like and after thought. In room decor could do with a bit of updating.

The hotel was in a good location with plenty of space and a good selection of food cuisines. Parking was a bonus for the valet and the set park that were all relatively near to the premise. Rooms were big and cleaners were timely cleaning in the morning. Links for free transport to a number of a attractions in the vicinity are good an frequent. Also good access to the freeway I4 and airports. Big hotel but no feeling of being on top of each other too much.

For me, the convenience was well worth the money paid .
    • Standard Room

I was attending a convention at the Orange County Convention Center. Not only was that destination within walking distance, but several restaurants as well.

Great hotel if you are into immaculate accommodations at a great price.
    • Standard Room

The parking garage was a nice thought but the parking spots were just way too small.

It is always nice to have your room upgraded at no additional expense. The breakfast buffet was incredible. All the staff were very friendly. I would absolutely go back again.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

The business professional should consider the hyatt.
    • Standard Room

I dont like that you attract and offer your hotel as a business facility but you do not allow late check or a changing area for those on business that would like to change before they travel.

Location to convention center was nice. But not worth the unprofessional management "raheem" was unprofessional.

Good value for the stay
    • Standard Room

I think my Air Conditioner was broken because I couldn't regulate the temperature in the room. Beds are kind of small (definitely not king sized like advertised). There is a fee for being so close to the convention center, but it's not that much. The sushi place was never open, either.

Pool is humongous! 2 hot tubs, a little convenience store inside if you don't want to spend too much on food, directly connected to the convention center so that's VERY important for busy conventions (can bypass main line sometimes), very close to CVS and 7/11 too.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Excellent Hotel!!
    • Standard Room

Not sure if Harry's Poolside Bar & Grill is part of the Rosen Centre if so this would be my only complaint. Terrible Service!! For the 2nd time within a month of my stays. They need to improve on the staff waiting on customers. There was plenty of staff standing around but had a hard time getting someone to take our order. And it happened the on the 1st visit to the hotel and then again on this stay.

Everything from the staff to the room was excellent!

Location was key.
    • Standard Room

My reservation thru booking.com was canceled and the hotel ws sold out. Fortunately, I was able to work something out with the hotel.

Location was key. Great poolside bar

Had an amazing time
    • Standard Room

Bed not very comfortable, fans not great in bathroom so the room got very hot and humid after showers

Beautiful property, pool was stunning, employees so friendly and helpful.

Not the Hyatt
    • Standard Room

Food. Room view and proximity to elevators. Car wasn't pulled up after calling valley still had to wait at 7am... wasn't busy.

Convenience to OCC

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Excellent hotel!

I have no complaints.

Very friendly and helpful staff along with convienent location and all the amenities. The valet parking was very helpful and made stay stress free. I highly recommend it this hotel.

Arrive with cation!!
    • Standard Room

The staff was very misleading. I did early check in around 2:30pm. The staff member informed me that someone will call me when my room was ready. I never received a call! When I arrived back to the hotel at 6:40pm almost three hours later another staff member told me, "ohh your room was ready at 3pm." So in short I waited around for three hours and did not get a sorry from any staff member!

The location of the hotel. To attractions and shops!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Not impressed at all. The only thing I like was the pool.
    • Standard Room

Could not use anything with out being charged. We wanted to use the luggage trolley to bring a fed ex package they wanted to charge 60.00 They charged me 15.00 because i sent a package down there. It would be one thing if the package was in our room when got there NO. My husband went downstairs to retrieve the package. And they looked at him like you want us to go get it now. SO my husband said he will come down in the morning and it took them 25 minutes to get it for him. And my husband had to carry it up to the 16th floor. 2300.00 for 5 nights Freaking joke. I find better hotels and smaller ones nicer and half the price. Will I ever go back THere NO. Bring cash if you are staying there they will charge you for everything. And also not impressed with the food.

The convienece of the the convention center, the pool was nice.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Last Minute stay
    • Standard Room

Cleaning staff knocked on the door at 9:30am; left us feeling a little rushed to be out of the room. Signs could've been bigger/clearer on which Rosen you are and how to get to the parking garage.

Clean/well taken care of, lots of food options, the location, free parking due to unmanned garage gate :)

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Well worth the stay!
    • Standard Room

The wait to check in (poor execution of taking the next person in line) the coffee maker in the room (a pod coffee maker and liquid creamer would have been greatly appreciated) the brightness of the phone screen and the amount of light streaming in from under the door and the decor of the Everglades restaurant- outdated and kind of like being at a taxidermist.

Proximity to the Orange County Convention Center, the ease and speed of elevators, the dining at the Everglades restaurant and the speed of valet service.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Nice Place to stay !!
    • Standard Room

The room was nicely appointed and had ample space for our overnight stay, The property itself was grand and decorated for the Christmas holiday wonderfully... there are several restaurants and places to grab a bite to eat or a simple snack... the complimentary Pineapple water in the lobby was great... The Location is fantastic if you have business at the orange county convention center and there are places to eat within a short walk..

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Very clean, Staff VERY nice, warm a/c at best, $15 per day added for parking on top of room cost.
    • Standard Room

room was dated, A/C was not cool and was told because window shades were open. The shades were closed the next 2 days but did not help. Added parking cost of $15 a day.

good location on I-drive Not as much traffic on this end so it was easy to come and go with the car. Everyone was very friendly. My wife said the spa was amazing.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

The room was very cozy.
    • Standard Room

At both check in and check out, the staff member wanted me to give my email to join the promotional club. It was annoying that BOTH asked me to do so. Also, all morning the housekeeping staff was in the hallway making noise and continually tapping on doors.

The room was very cozy.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Never eat breakfast here or try the Starbuck's
    • Standard Room

We had a problem with our bath tub with the water not draining we called the manager who resolved the issue in 20 mins and gave us a voucher for complementary buffet breakfast . The Buffet Breakfast was terrible, No real orange juice. The server did not take everyone's order or bring the menu until we asked for her. We also had to ask about the buffet. I ordered a coffee from Starbucks within the hotel this was also not good either and the counters were filthy were you put the sugar etc and there was only 2 customers in the morning. How can they not do simple things.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

I always love to stay at this hotel. I look forward to my trip every year and the Rosen Centre.
    • Standard Room

Since I have gone to the Rosen Centre a number of years the decor is getting noticeably dated looking. The rooms are probably due for an update. Very clean rooms so it isnt that...it is just I have seen the same decor now for years in the rooms.

Love the restaurants and the location. I stay there every year. The staff is always absolutely the best!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Great place to stay when you have a meeting at the Conference centre.
    • Standard Room

Lots of walking from one place to the next around the hotel. Not as close to a lot of different restaurants as we would have liked.

Comfortable and close to the conference centre so easy to get to our meetings. Room was comfortable and well equipped.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Really great place to stay
    • Standard Room

There was a bit of a rig moral with our wifi and were made to feel like a nuisance for wanting it sorted

The staff in the poolside bar were amazing. Best customer service we had in America

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Convenient and enjoyable
    • Standard Room

no business center with free internet and wifi

stayed at the hotel for a conference which was in good location, good facilities, many restaurants/cafes/bars very convenient, shuttle to Disney and Universal parks which was very useful. staff very helpful. a bit costly.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Impressed with my first stay at the Rosen Centre
    • Standard Room

The VIP Suite was not really to my liking....the bed coming out of the wall was not my ideal of a suite experience. In my case if offered this option again as a solo traveler I may choose a room. Staff and facilities were great for the price.

Location was perfect and made access to places for dinner, shopping and the conference I attended very convenient and accessible because of the walkway. Beautiful hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Exceeded expectations
    • Standard Room

Hallways and elevator lobbies were quite hot and muggy. A/C in those areas would be much better.

Beautiful comfortable property. With very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Rooms are nice and comfortable.
    • Standard Room

The pool area gave to much space to the smokers. Not enough shade and ants where everywhere. The food was expensive and didn't taste good. To many items where premade and not enough organic food choices.

Rooms are nice and comfortable. Great place to hold a conference the staff was awesome and on the ball for our needs.

Location, cleanliness, great staff

Location, cleanliness, great staff

I try to choose this hotel for all my booking it's like I'm at home
    • Standard Room

Everything about the room was well liked the decorations was everything

• Standard Room

There was nothing that I didn’t like.

I like everything about this property.

Ease of dining choices.
    • Standard Room

Ease of dining choices. Convenient to convention center we never left the property.

Great hotel except for the parking
    • Standard Room

Self parking garage is ridiculously far away from the registration desk and elevators to the rooms

It was fantastic.
    • Standard Room

There was not a microwave in the room.

The staff was excellent. The room was clean.

Outstanding

Every thing

Restaurants were good

Over rated and expensive

Restaurants were good

Convenience to the convention center.
    • Standard Room

Convenience to the convention center.

Convenient for Convention Centre, choice of restaurants, large swimming pool.

All was okay

Large pool at the hotel

There for volleyball. Happy with everything. Stay at Rosen Centre fornconvenience and quality
    • Standard Room

Got served in a timely matter, so no complaints

Good, so crowded though

Rooms have been updated!

The breakfast buffet

No menu for breakfast- only the buffet.

The food was expensive

my earrings got stolen and even though I reported it nobody...
    • Standard Room

my earrings got stolen and even though I reported it nobody cared.

Was ok we wanted a suite and unable to attain
    • Standard Room

Felt it was over priced.

Sushi was old

I felt classy!😀
    • Standard Room

The distance from garage and room.

Overall a great place to stay!

I would stay there again

Conference room too cold

On property restaurants are good

Very good overall
    • Standard Room

Air conditioning too old To much noise

Not as relaxing as I had hoped.
    • Standard Room

Guests next door were classless, rude, and loud at 3am. We heard everything through he walls.

Very nice hotel.

Great location for conference and great service

O

Great location for conference and great service

Too expensive for just a bed to sleep on.

Rates

No breakfast. No free fitness center. No free WiFi.

Nice!
    • Standard Room

It is easy to get to your destination and has everything you need there.

We did not have a bathtub

We did not have a bathtub

This location exceeded my expectations!
    • Standard Room

Everything!!! Definitely we’ll come back!

Surprise! A most unexpected superior stay at this hotel
    • Standard Room

Staff were friendly AND helpful. The whole hotel was impeccably clean.

Overall I would visit again.

Paying for parking

Rooms were clean and staff very helpful.

It was great overall

No microwave in room

Perfect get away

All was spectacular

My stay was excellent .
    • Standard Room

My stay at Rosen Center was spectacular I don’t have anything bad to say about this property .

a short walk to the convention halls. great stay for IAAPA attendees

nothing all good