Reviews of Rosen Plaza Hotel Orlando Convention Center 3 stars

9700 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819, USA

#65 of 407 hotels in Orlando

Everything else about this place is amazing from the staff...
    • Standard Room

The AC is on a motion sensor and turns off at night. Nothing worse than waking up sweating.

Everything else about this place is amazing from the staff to the food to Location.

Value for the price is not great. Attitude is everything. Empower employees.
    • Standard Room

Staff seemed disempowered and blasé. I asked if I could arrange a late check out because the first conference break was after checkout time. He said he didn’t have the authority to do that. I asked if someone were around who did have the authority. No. He told me to check in the morning to arrange the late check out. I said, “For a future stay, would you please tell me if my employer company has a corporate discount with you?” I can’t give you that for this stay because you paid through an internet booking site, he replied. I said, “That’s fine. That’s not what I’m asking. What I’m asking is for future stays, does my employer have a corporate discount with you?” He again replied that he didn’t have authorization to access that information in the computer system. I asked if anyone was available who did. No. Quite an interesting exchange. I asked for my breakfast on the door hanger for 7:30. I called at 8 am and she said it was on its way. Five minutes later it did arrive.

That I was staying in the same hotel where the conference was being held.

Room and facilities good, parking policy not great, front desk staff need training on being courtiou
    • Standard Room

Staff at check in said I should have arrived at 7am in order to get a kind size bed in room. Rude. Then they charged me for parking when at night the gate is lifted anyone can park there for free, forcing us to not have a parking space anywhere close and we had bags to carry up, very unprofessional and very poor treatment for guests

Facility and hotel were very nice, clean, and better than expected

Nice hotel
    • Standard Room

If you are charging for breakfast, the food needs to be a lot better. I've stayed in a dozen or so Orlando hotels and never had to pay for parking in addition to the room until now.

Room was clean and comfortable.

Outstanding service and property
    • Standard Room

Staff were great! Especially waitresses at Jack’s and Noelle at 3-9 Grill. These ladies went above and beyond there ‘job’ to ensure seamless customer sayisfaction

The staff were very nice and accommodating to me during my stay. I will be staying there again.
    • Standard Room

On my second night at the location I came in from work and found that my room had not been turned. The coffee was the only thing I really cared about. A quick call and the staff delivered some to my room.

We went to a dance competition & event for New Years. The venue exceeded my expectations by far!!!
    • Standard Room

Pillows were all same size—— should have at least ONE flat type pillow. It took hours the first night to make a pillow out of my clothes so I could sleep. The hotel pillows were puffy and too thick!! Awful.....

The food at the buffet was wonderful. We were very surprised.... Love that it was pet friendly, delightful to see so many people traveling with their pets.

I would more then likely return here again when i visit Orlando Florida
    • Standard Room

There was nothing i could find to complain about everything was terrific

I Love the fact that mostly everything was walking distance restaurants, attractions,and so much more.. me and my partner was very satisfied

Beautiful hotel.
    • Standard Room

Just that there was a maid there that seemed to have an attitude. She wasn’t pleasant at all. When my husband and I was walking down the hallway she gave us this look of death i don’t know if it was because we were an interracial couple or she assumed we were young.

Beautiful hotel. The room was spacious and extraordinary. We were on the 12th floor the view was spectacular

It was okay....
    • Standard Room

It did not have microwave. The room is no d small for the price ..

The room is small, it does not have any microwave. For the price and the location, I was expecting more😐

It was a one night stopover before traveling to Tampa for surgery.

INTERNET ACCESS WAS A BIT COMPLICATED BUT WE GOT THERE IN THE END

Staff were really friendly and helpful as well as optimistic about Hurricane Irma. Met some nice Red Cross and Salvation Army volunteers too.

Very nice hotel, great stay! Will definitely book again.
    • Standard Room

Even though the beds are soft & comfy, the double beds in our room were small. Would have been nice to have bigger beds.

Poolside bar & grill was great. Food & drinks were good, very friendly staff. Love the pool, great for families and it was heated. Will definitely stay here again on next trip

Rosen Plaza the place to stay for Orange County Concention attendance.
    • Standard Room

Didn't like that I had to pay an additional $15 a day for parking at a hotel I'm already paying for. They sell parking spots to outsiders and charge guest as well. I don't believe I should have to pay for my parking in a guarded gated area if I have chosen their hotel as the place to stay and spent extra money to be in a convenient place.

Love the rooms. Clean and comfortable. Terrific easy access usIng crossover to convention center.

Rosen Plaza an excellent choice for Orlando convention goers
    • Standard Room

Staff was very accommodating. I had an afternoon with no plans and my waitperson engaged two people in addition to herself to share ideas and make suggestions for fun things I could do while in the area.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Oh dear!!! Think twice
    • Standard Room

The health centre is hilariously small and there are no showers. The bar opens at 4 in the afternoon!!!!! The whole hotel is very tired. The pool area is reasonable, but everyone has to listen to the hideous music being played in the little restaurant. Totally unrelaxing. The hotel has no heart at all.

It was ok.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The location for the convention center and the fridge and...
    • Standard Room

There was another large group booked there and they basically took over the hotel, it made the pool uncomfortable to be around and to crowded to enjoy, there were unsupervised small children riding the elevator to all floors at all times during the day. They were also very loud in the hallways, yelling at each other it was very rude and for the amount of money I paid to stay there it was ridiculous. It would have been nice to be made aware this was happening at the hotel when I was booking. I also did not like that I couldn't borrow a luggage cart to pack my own car. I had a 15 hour drive home I did not need your staff to pack my car. They didn't know how to do it, it would have been much faster if I was able to do it myslef.

The location for the convention center and the fridge and microwave in the room.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Loved it, and given the oppertunity, we will be back.
    • Standard Room

This locations is very convenient to restaurants, shopping and not too far from the theme parks. The convention center is across the road, and there are no shortage of things to do. Hotel staff were excellent as was our room and the food at Jacks restaurant.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Great Convention Hotel!
    • Standard Room

During passover two of six elevators stopped at every floor no matter what time of night or day....

Short walkways even though the building is really huge. Very high hygene standards and the staff is courteous no matter what time. The skywalk towards the OCCC is a large advantage to quickly access the hotel, especially while dealing with large crowds in and around the convention building. Literally right next to the Pointe Orlando, a mixture of restaurants and shops with an added RegalCinema that even features an IMAX screen. If you are here because of some event that takes place at the OCCC this is perhaps the closest hotel to the Convention Center West Building.

Amenities/store/restaurants
    • Standard Room

We had to order an uber on sunday waited half hour for shuttle did not come - also when we prechecked in with another guest told we had rooms on same floor opposite from each other and then when we actually checked in after volleyball tournament we were on 8th floor they were on 3rd -

Amenities/store/restaurants

Great place to stay!
    • Standard Room

Food was typically on the expensive side but that's hotels.

Clean comfortable service-oriented. The price was very reasonable for this sort of hotel. Short walk to convention center on the ground or using the pedestrian bridge that connects directly. Several selections of places to eat.

Too many children in the hot tub without supervision
    • Standard Room

However, there was a dance/cheer competition and the staff did not control the children in the hot tub. The children were using the hot tub for a wading pool. At one time there were 16 children in the hot tub. I was squeezed out and nothing relaxing about that experience. Also, I would have expected whirl pool bathtubs, not just a plain tub. It would have made the experience much more pleasant.

The facilities were excellent.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great hotel
    • Standard Room

Very friendly staff. Great pool area and location is excellent. Used by lots of conference delegates so pool area is usually reasonably quiet. Great hotel. We have been stayed here 6-7 times in the past and never been disappointed.

Everything at the hotel was very good.
    • Standard Room

Sunday morning the hallways were very noisy very early. We had to call to request that someone contact the young men who were walking back-and-forth across the halls and aski them to be quiet

Everything at the hotel was very good. Staff was very friendly facility clean. There was a variety of restaurant choices. Pool and outdoor seating area was lovely !

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

I want your money happy holidays
    • Standard Room

It was ok but everybody wanted money even if they smile at you they wanted money the room wasn't clean behind the bed was dusty not very clean at all food was terrible should not be called sunny Orlando should be called can I have your money Orlando sorry but this is how I feel about it

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Not quite as expected but nice enough.
    • Standard Room

On several occasions we contacted reception for decaf coffee pods and bathroom toiletries and each time we were promised a resolution but we always had to contact them again. The room wasn't cleaned particularly well, there was a stone from a fruit on the floor when we checked in and it stayed there two weeks. One day we returned to the room and the cleaner had left their blue gloves on my bed. The bins weren't emptied daily. Basic things you'd expect in a hotel of this standard.

Check in was a breeze. The outside of the hotel was very grand and made us feel a bit like celebrities. The foyer was beautifully decorated for Christmas.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Central location close to Disney attractions.
    • Standard Room

Be aware that compared to UK the prices are very expensive for food and drink. Although expected we had to revise our budget accordingly.

Good location, close to restaurants and bars, easy walking distance. Rooms kept clean and tidy, staff very pleasant and friendly.

Nice hotel, but stop charging for parking if you are already a guest.........
    • Standard Room

First impressions of rubbish in corridor leading to room, told staff but still left there. Paying to Park at hotel even though you are paying to stay at the hotel

Location, and Christmas lights at front entrance

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

as expected but might take a look at other hotel if we come back.
    • Standard Room

-Dirty pillow on our arrival -No microwave to heat our lunch -you can easily hear every sound from the alley and its dog friendly so ... wish there's not a dog on your level.

Really close to walt disney and universal! Parking was free and i was told it would be 13$usd/day so that was an unexpected good news!

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Great location, poor service
    • Standard Room

Hotel stated they are close to airport but not really: still a $45 uber ride and 40 min away - Staff not very helpful when we were requested airport shuttle, even though they had an empty desk all about that- Temperature control in room is impossible- blasting cold air all night even when set at 75 and temp outside is 60- staff not helpful there either!!

Bed comfortable- Clean modern- Great location across street from many restaurants of all cuisine type and price points-

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Xmas vaca
    • Standard Room

Wi fi would not stay connected. Shuttle to parks could be a little more accommodating.

Excellent value. Great location. Comfortable beds. Great on site amenities. I will definitely stay again. Located close to any place you can think of.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Very nice stay
    • Standard Room

A courtesy shower room would be good as we had to vacate the room at 11am but flight was 8pm. The hotel gave us two extra hours and we paid $50 dollars so we could vacate the room at 3.30 pm

Love the location as it is the nicer part of International Drive and all shops are on the door step. The background music around the pool area is fantastic. Not a great atmosphere in the hotel itself but that did not affect the stay here.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

We had wine glasses brought to our room within 5 minutes of...
    • Standard Room

We had wine glasses brought to our room within 5 minutes of making the request at no charge! Breakfast was awesome with low carb and healthy options and the staff was wonderful! Awesome location, right across the street from the convention center. Free parking and free wifi for our entire stay!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Not just a great value...a great place!
    • Standard Room

Healthy, fresh food choices appreciated. Staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. As a fellow Cornell alumnus, I appreciate Mr. Rosen's attention to detail.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Clean and modern hotel in a good location.
    • Standard Room

I would have expected a bigger pool for a big hotel , or a second pool .

Excellent room, very clean and modern.most comfortable bed. Good value. Very friendly guy who checked us in.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Very nice hotel. Would stay there again.
    • Standard Room

It would have been better if we could have gotten a nicer view of the city. Instead,we got a noisy unattractive view of a construction site.

Beautiful area. Great location. Close to many attractions. Comfortable beds. We enjoyed the pool! Very nice and clean hotel. And the price was great!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Everything was very good.
    • Standard Room

Everything was very good. Nice modern rooms, good food at restaurants and great drinks at the bar. Even better was the fact that the rooms were less than half of the rates at the Hyatt.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Great for easy access to Orlando Convention Center
    • Standard Room

Located in a busy street near covention center. A few restaurants nearby and not much else .

The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff were polite, responsive and helpful. As advertised covered bridge walkway provided convenient access to the convention center

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Love it!!
    • Standard Room

The only issue was that I wasn't informed about the comp taxi service. I didn't find out until after I was in the towne car that my ride to my convention hotel could of been free if I asked for a voucher at the desk

Everything!!!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Impressed
    • Standard Room

If I have to be very critical, I wish the bath towels were more plush.

- Connected to convention center by a walkway - Clean and well appointed - Friendliness of staff - The coffee shop carried Starbucks white mocha! - 24 hour convenience store

Enjoyed our stay,and location.

Everything was okay.

The bed was very comfortable, and the breakfast very good.

No blow dryer in room, no hotel menus or room service info,...
    • Standard Room

No blow dryer in room, no hotel menus or room service info, I paid over $200 / night and still had to pay to park.

Only issue was we were not informed of Megacon taking place or the party in the hotel for attendees
    • Standard Room

Noise from event which went on most of the night.

Stores and restaurants
    • Standard Room

Had to walk a long way from parking lot

Stores and restaurants

The rooms are clean and modern.
    • Standard Room

The rooms are clean and modern. The location is great. An excellent value for the money spent.

As expected
    • Standard Room

Window let in too much light. Pillows were too soft and gave way. Beds too firm.

Shower was nice. Free internet worked good enough.

Poor management

Would come back again for a longer stay to enjoy more of the amenities.

Everything was great.

The convenience of the areas attraction.

The location was great for a conference but will not stay again because of the bed.

bed was really uncomfortable

location and free parking

I had no menu for room service.
    • Standard Room

I had no menu for room service. Everything else was perfect.

Wi-fi service wasn't very good in the room.
    • Standard Room

Wi-fi service wasn't very good in the room.

Great stay !
    • Standard Room

The check in and check out times !

The location, cleanliness and not too far from the airport.

Good Location , price room
    • Standard Room

Very small room, pool area looks old, not clean

Good Location , price room

This will be the first Hotel I look at when we stay in the...
    • Standard Room

This will be the first Hotel I look at when we stay in the area. Nothing bad to say!

Did not park

Had to call twice to get someone to turn down refrigerator...
    • Standard Room

Had to call twice to get someone to turn down refrigerator temp. Had to go back downstairs to get my room key activated.

Pleasant
    • Standard Room

Thought the eateries were lacking

Easy access to the convention center

It's was very nice.
    • Standard Room

The beds were really small.

The colors and the view of the room.

La posizione per l'Orange Convention Center

Il Business Center inesistente

La posizione per l'Orange Convention Center

Thank You to the staff for making our stay wonderful and full of holiday cheer ...

It was just perfect

The service was amazing .. Thank You

Excellent stay
    • Standard Room

Great coffee and nice staff and swimming pool extra great

Needs updating - paint, furniture, wear and tear

Needs updating - paint, furniture, wear and tear

Everything was Excellent in everyway, the restaurants all...
    • Standard Room

Everything was Excellent in everyway, the restaurants all so comfortable and the atmosphere. We will return 😎

All other close hotels were booked so we gave Rosen a try and we will be back!
    • Standard Room

Excellent price for the accommodations, nice people, smiling faces!

will stay again
    • Standard Room

very nice hotel and good location for convention business. Good restaurants and big CVS a short walk across the street.

Very good position, friendly staff and a great pool and bar...
    • Standard Room

Air conditioning difficult to control. , had to call the engineer

Very good position, friendly staff and a great pool and bar area

It was convenient and comfortable to stay after late flight from Ireland.
    • Standard Room

Room was very comfortable, staff helpful and friendly. Irma, a bit threatening. Medical procedure expensive and worrying.

Hotel services zero

Hotel services zero

Very enjoyable, friendly staff

The friendly atmosphere.

• Standard Room

This would be were I would stay shucks I would love to live thier

everything great

This hotel is one of the best in the us no joke

Central friendly hotel
    • Standard Room

Housekeeping late afternoon meant we had to wait after a busy day to go back in room. A few times we gave up and just exchanged towels.

Location great

Nice hotel

Very good hotel

Overall, very pleasant.
    • Standard Room

Having to pay additional for parking.

Cleanliness, friendly staff, 24 hr minimart inside hotel.

Closer to Convention Center