Reviews of Rosen Shingle Creek Universal Blvd 4 stars

9939 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819 , USA

#18 of 488 hotels in Orlando

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

I had a good time on property.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I did not like the check in experience. There was a frustrating traffic jam and I am not going to leave the keys to my car to the bellhop when I am self parking. It doesn't make sense. Also, the hotel bar charges $13 for a beer, and $3.50 for red bull. That's absurd.

The room was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Everything about this resort calls you back!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Everything about this resort calls you back! Check-in is super quick! Beds and pillows extra comfy, the rooms were very clean. Room with pool view did not disappoint in the slightest!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The extra parking fee.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The extra parking fee. You charge enough. Parking should be free. You should also have a microwave in each room specially for people travelling with children.

A ROSEN SHINGLE PARADISE
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There wasn't anything that I Didn't LOVE about this Hotel.

Everyrhing, The Staff, The Location, The Food, The Facility just everything was Fabulous.

After our flight got canceled past midnight, we booked a...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It was the closest available to the airport, but still at 3am the commute was about 25 minutes

After our flight got canceled past midnight, we booked a room just to have some rest, to our surprise the hotel was great, way better than we expected for the price. I wish our rescheduled flight was later to make use of the amenities, the pool seems great. Bonus point: Room breakfast was great! (Not included in the rate, though)

I only stayed one night, but I will definitely return for a longer stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Everything about the hotel is amazing, except for one small thing. The food on the breakfast buffet was cold. But the service made up for everything.

Everything was great. Comfortable beds, clean rooms, friendly staff, even the finches in the lobby were talkative.

My family and I truly enjoyed staying here. We are looking forward to staying here again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Not much except I thought the breakfast buffet downstairs seemed too expensive for a family. With 3 kids, it would have been nice to eat in a breakfast buffet, but we ended up leaving to eat at a nearby diner.

The beds were very comfy. Very clean. My children and I enjoyed walking around inside and out to the golf field. We enjoyed the pools. This place is very much a resort. All the staff were attentive. I can see customer service is a large focus for this hotel.

Amazing! can't wait to book again!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

From the moment we arrived we were warmly welcomed by the wonderful and friendly staff. The whole place is pristine. Our room was amazing and had a beautiful view. Everything exceeded our expectations

Our new favorite Hotel!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The Rosen at shingle Creek was very clean and the grounds are stunning. We ate at the buffet inside the hotel and it was delicious and affordable. We made friends with our Waiter Diego who was so kind and attentive to us. The rest of the staff was equally helpful and cheerful. When we arrived we were greeted with warm faces and lots of help. Although we didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool it was large and inviting . They have finches in the lobby that add such a delightful touch and we spent quite a bit of time in the arcade playing games.We absolutely loved this hotel and we didn't feel out of place or like a nuisance even though we are a family of 6! Thank you Rosen at shingle Creek ... We will be back!

Fantastic , enjoyed it
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Great property, really enjoyed our stay, great pools - although one hot tub needed a repair for the bubbles. There's an arcade for kids. Very pretty . Beds were very comfortable..... I'll def stay again!

Relaxed, Refreshed but pricey
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The spa cost more than the room, and the massage was mediocre. Not worth the expense

Staff and In-Service dining was amazing. Room service was waiting in our room upon arrival. After a long drive, that was an amazing touch. Didn't even unpack before destroying the burger...which was outstanding!

Fun celebrating my birthday with friends
    • Deluxe Queen Room

My AC kept blowing hot air during the middle of the night when it was set on 72 degrees

I liked the valet was quick . The server at the restaurant are very friendly and very accommodating

Loved it hope to return soon
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Wish I’d known return visitors were eligible for 25%off; I have stayed with y’all at this location annually for atleast the last 3 Years

Location facilities restaurant options

This place is like a cheap Mandalay Bay without the casino.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

They close every other restaurant every night. Its sort of odd.

The staff were very personable, although impinged by a bunch of strange rules imposed by management.

The hotel is lovely and has a great location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

the staff is not friendly at all. Did not meet one nice person the whole three days

The hotel is lovely and has a great location. Rooms were very big and clean overall

Loved the hotel - would definitely book again!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Wish we had known about the airport shuttle info sooner than under the door with the copy of our bill the morning we left...that info was not available on the website. Warmer weather would have been great so we could enjoy the beautiful grounds!

Very comfortable and clean. Friendly, helpful staff! We inquired about the heat, as it was quite cold while we were there...someone was there to repair/reset it within half an hour of our request. The market on the ground floor was excellent - anything you could need, and the manager was very hands-on and helpful!

Facility is nice, would stay there again!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Bed was not very comfy, that could be perhaps because it was a Murphy bed located within the Grande Suite living room. The suite had no bathtub, we had a walk-in shower instead, would've preferred a tub. Also the fire alarm went off at 1:30am so that wasn't fun.

They apologized for running out of double queen rooms, and gave us an upgrade to a Grande Suite with rollaways. They also threw in free breakfast, was very appreciative.

Eventful
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Staff at the valet were rude, unpleasant and inefficient. Also Staff needs to take a communication skills and emergency response training. The fire alarm went off and we were instructed to evacuate the building. Staff didn’t enforce/follow the evacuation instructions, and did not provide information on whether guest could or couldn’t return to their rooms unless asked. Also the automated message indicating that guest must evacuate should be recorded in multiple languages, as numerous guests were panicking or just standing outside by the door of their room without knowing what to do. We also saw guests running to the elevator. Luckily it was a false alarm and everybody returned safely to their room, but there is a lot property management needs to learn and improve from this experience.

Pool area and location.

Location!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Parking place is a little bit far from the hotel.

Location! It is near the airport and very convenient to go to several shopping places if you have a car.

Nice facility
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The valet had charged my car even though I did not park a car on the property just unloaded when I checked in and drove it off.

The bed was very comfortable.

Great location for professional conferences. Minor adjustments in staff & housekeeping needed.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Attended industry annual conference here. Over my 5 day stay, they locked me out of my room twice - because of an error in their reservation system. I paid in full before even checking in and was not treated like a premiere customer. I do not like that housekeeping staff just walks into guest rooms without waiting for a response when they knock in the morning.

New burger bar restaurant with better craft beers on tap, finally!

Excellent business cum holidays.......
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This was our 2nd stay here and it was excellent. Kids enjoyed the pool almost everyday. plenty of places to eat and drink. there is a super market just across the road.

Excellent!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The walk from the room to the parking lot is kind of far, but its worth the walk as the hotel is awesome looking.

The linen and bedding were clean and very comfortable. The facility is just beautiful.

So delightful we return often
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The days were only 24 hours long...we would have liked to have had more time each day to enjoy the hotel

The friendliness and attentiveness of the staff, the extraordinary moment by moment upkeep of the facility - grounds, pools, common areas, the vast assortment of lounging and eating options

Great place, clean, comfortable, great staff
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Paying for parkin. You only have 2 choices 18 dollar a day for selfparking or 24 dollars a day for Valet parking.

Great place, clean, comfortable, great staff

Rosen Shingle Creek
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bathroom could have been cleaner. Hairs in tub and on floor. Dirty handle on toilet. The hotel was quite expensive. When checking in, several hundred dollars, in addition to our room cost, was held on our credit card as a resort fee. There was a per person, per day charge in case you charge anything to your room. There was a parking charge of $18 per day.

Very pretty site. Basketball on tennis courts was fun. Easy access to sporting equipment.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Expensive hotel with little cheap food options
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The buffet restaurant is expensive and why are we force to give 18% tip in a self service style breakfast. The hotel rate st USD 200 per night goes not include a simple breakfast! We were there for a convention and when we ask for our convention package rate they declined due we were book thru booking.com! There was no housekeeping services for two days!

Facilities, restaurants and concierge service

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Gem of a resort!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This place was absolutely fabulous! Everything, and I mean everything, was first class yet reasonably priced. The staff were all friendly and accommodating. I never felt rushed or waited in any line, the room was always clean, the food was excellent! Loved the finch cage in the lobby - how unique. And the golf course was in terrific shape ... quite a feat given the drought going on in central Florida. I lost a package that I purchased in the golf Pro Shop, and the manager and Security staff -- especially Jackie (thank you!) -- went out of their way to find it ... opening the Pro Shop after it had closed for the day. I can't say enough good things about Rosen Shingle Creek. This resort is all about SERVICE, and it shows. Also, very easy driving distance to Orlando airport and attractions. I'll be back!

Good Place to Stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room did not had a proper AC working which was fixed a day after . This resulted into a one difficult night for me and my family. I request them to give me credit for this inconvenience.

The staff was very curtious and responsive.

Nice Resort - Un happy with Room Allocation

The last few times disappointed with rooms through booking.com The time arrived for our week visit and room was looking straight on to all of the huge AC units. Moved us to 10th floor right near elevator - lots of noise :( we always come for a week in March for Global Pet Expo- may think differently next year. I know its for large groups....

Good bed - good restaurants. I like the resort feel.

Short Business Trip
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Long walk to room with only one elevator and multiple wings. Called about ice and was told I had to go down one floor. Was late so decided not to bother. On my way to the elevator the next morning there was one right down the hall....

Great choice of food - bartender suggested the mahi tacos at the bar by the pool and they were fabulous. Also very comfortable when in our meeting room...

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

The entire staff was extremely helpful and made all the...

Internet service seemed inconsistent, but it could have been my device.

The entire staff was extremely helpful and made all the guest feel special. The hotel is beautiful. A lot of activities available for the guests.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

The bed was amazing, the pool, the service and the property.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The valet department lost the fob to our truck. They found it but I was a little disappointed with the communication between the valet manager and us regarding the issue. They found it the day after we checked out and they are mailing it to us.

The bed was amazing, the pool, the service and the property. I can't say enough about the service this property provided, we felt a million miles from home and it was exactly what we wanted. We ate at A Land Remembered and I can't say enough, absolutely fantastic food and service. We have already booked our next trip to Shingle Creek and can't wait.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Not enough bang for your buck.

Reception staff were not helpful. The property is really large so be prepared to walk. This is inconvenient after a day of walking at a convention. This includes parking and simply getting to your room.

The facility looks nice.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Beautiful resort / Great staff / Wonderful golf course

Don't ration the toilet paper, kleenex, and regular coffee so tightly. These are low cost items and meaningless in light of the room cost. Charging guests for daily parking is also a big negative. Adding $17 /day to the hotel cost makes me re-consider the "total cost" of staying here vs. there...

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Amazing hotel, brilliant facilities and amazing views and setting.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The in house supermarket and shop was poorly stocked and very pricy.

Amazing hotel and real 5 star treatment throughout. Rooms and facilities were perfect and staff very attentive to our needs

Amazing hotel, brilliant facilities and amazing views and setting.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The on site supermarket was a little over priced and selections and range stocked could have been better.

The hotel is amazing. The facilities and standards were exactly as described. Rooms perfect and very good standard. The restaurants were amazing ad the choice perfect. The pools were heated (although not needed with temperature) and the whole experience made our holiday for the whole family perfect. Views and surroundings were also just perfect and the free shuttle bus to Universal was a great.

What a pleasant surprise.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Rooms are very spacious for a family of 4. The pool area too is great.

The property and amenities are excellent considering the price. We extended our stay from 1 to 6 nights.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

We booked this hotel resort to play golf on site but we were...

We booked this hotel resort to play golf on site but we were told that the course was closed since may 2016 to 1st December and we were checking out on the 30th November so not happy at all in fact you missold us this hotel

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

better cleaning needed
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room not thoroughly cleaned. Previous occupant left a sock behind lampshade. Would appreciate if they washed the mugs daily.

Front desk is very efficient.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Great except for parking.

Valet gouging fees.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Amazing as always !! Never lets us down.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Amazing place and we always stay here! Super nice and clean. Love this property!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Enjoyed the stay overall. Only one complaint. Housekeeping in a hurry to get us out on check out
    • Deluxe Queen Room

French toast dry on the edges.

Food was very good. Lots of choices.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

The staff was extremely helpful, and thoughtful.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The staff was extremely helpful, and thoughtful. Beautiful resort with great dining on site.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The amenities the cafd the location the room

The amenities the cafd the location the room

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

great getaway
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Breakfast and all food were WAY to expansive, didn't buy it, went off property.

Pool

Such a great property! The food was the best I have had at any hotel!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Sink in room too deep from wall.

Fabulous front desk Manager Miguel Barrios! He was so helpful!

Relaxing atmosphere!

Long lines at Smooth Java for coffee

Beds were very comfy

Never will stay there again
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The walk and the parking

Everything was amazing.

Everything was amazing...

It was great

Liked it all

• Deluxe Queen Room

The restaurants were ridiculously expensive and the food was terrible. Ordered a pizza pie and to sprites and paid 45 dollars

Luxurious

This place was absolutely amazing!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This place was absolutely amazing!! It is the small things that make it a 4 Star .. My future stays will be here.

Awesome and perfect for weekend getaways!

Very clean & relaxing locations

Cleanliness, accessible location

A gem of a property!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

On check in, the clerk was somewhat terse.

The breakfast buffet was complete. Anyone could eat from it!

Great hotel with excellent amenities!

Staff was very friendly

Best place ever!!!

EVERYTHING!!!

Everything. It is beautiful!!

Everything!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Everything!! Great place to stay!!

Loved all the counter space in the bathroom!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Loved all the counter space in the bathroom!

Everything, beautiful place

Everything, beautiful place

Loved the large workout gym and spa amenities.

No shuttle to Epcot.

Loved the large workout gym and spa amenities.

Wish you had a shuttle to Disney properties

Wish you had a shuttle to Disney properties

We stay here often and love this hotel!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Love the comfort of the hotel and location.

Whether an extended vacation or a quick weekend getaway this is a great place to stay at.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Great location for what we wanted to do - great staff, beautiful amenities.

Will be back again
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Very nice resort /clean and great food great staff

Location is very good!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Location is very good! Quiet but close to all the action. Hotel is beatiful. Staff could be more friendly, specially the front desk.

Perfect stay!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Gorgeous property! Great deal. Spacious room, beautiful view. On site restaurants. Lots of pools.Close to everything. Quick check in. Loved it!

Pool was too simple

Pool was too simple

almost perfect !

parking is far :(

everything !! its like a happy place !!

Thanks.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Great services, beautiful place with comfortable nooks for people to talk.

Place was good to stay but too pricy.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

No free breakfast. No free parking. Paid parking also too far to walk.

Nothing as such

All was great.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

All was great. From checking in to checking out

Other than the air condition being loud we had a great time
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The air condition Was very loud in the room when it reach it temperature To come back on.

The food was good

very nice
    • Deluxe Queen Room

the cleanness and also the lay out of the property

Convention center