Reviews of Royal Century Hotel at LAX 2 stars

5.3

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Awful
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Very filthy and fleas/bed bugs in each of the 3 rooms we switched to during our 4 night stay. I have severe bug bites over my body which is very uncomfortable.

Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

It was dangerous place for your health I would say!
    • Double Deluxe Queen

It was dangerous place for your health I would say! The worst place. Insects, dirty, location, everything was bad. I extremely not recommend to stay there.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

I had trouble sleeping thinking something would crawl up the bed.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bed made so much noise and was not comfortable at all, expect a Motel 6 style bed, except this specific bed was very noisy, old, and not comfortable; I've had better beds at Motel 6. There were aunts in the floor, the sliding door was open due to the fact that the rooms smell - and I asked for non-smoking. The furniture in the rooms is extremely worn out and so old I was afraid to use it. The only decent thing was the obviously updated bathroom. The area isn't very good, but its also Inglewood so don't expect much. The parking is extremely limited and the spots are very small, I have a tiny compact car, and I had to barely squeeze myself out of the location, it was ridiculous. I will add that I do enjoy higher end places, but being that I just wanted to rest instead of driving home after a concert, I decided to go a little cheap; even then this place was a bit more disgusting for my taste, maybe someone else might find it ok since it had no vacancy whatsoever.

The only positive thing that I can say about this hotel is that the location is very close to the Forum which is where I was going to and its convenient to many restaurants and freeways.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Not worth the stay the staff don’t care about u
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There is a bee hive or wasps nest on the side of my air conditioner on the outside in room 325 and they said to just not go outside now I paid close to $300 to stay it should’ve been takin care of or switch my room but it wasn’t takin care of and I was also told that someone would remove it but it won’t

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

My room had a leaking A/C unit wrapped around with a towel and this produced a nasty smell. The bathtub had mold around the edges. There was only an ice machine on the ground floor, not very convenient when you're on the third floor and the only vending machine, also on the ground floor didn't have any drinks available.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

be aware of your surroundings

the vending machine was never full and the rooms smelt awful

the staff were awesome especially the maids very polite well mannered workers but outside of the motel woah

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Worst place ever
    • Double Deluxe Queen

A one foot hole in the bathroom ceiling, Black Duct Tape hiding a hole in a wall. Safety door latch was not even there, it was broken, balcony was totally closed in with wire mesh. Worst place I have ever stayed, we would have checked back out but it was late at night. Booking.com should not even have this place on there website.

The parking lot was too low for my car, I had to park...
    • Double Deluxe Queen

The parking lot was too low for my car, I had to park outside. the building was dirty. People from the stuff barely talked to us. They didn't even show us our room. There was no shuttle to the airport. Around 4 in the morning someone was looking through our window. We only needed a place to sleep one night so we didn't care too much.

I needed a hair dryer nine in room older kinda run down...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I needed a hair dryer nine in room older kinda run down furniture worn out carpet old not comfortable under bare foot. Lite bulb burnt out next to bed remote didn’t work

It was close to where I needed to be at the next day
    • Double Deluxe Queen

I didn't like the smell of the room as if someone smoked cigarettes, the bed was uncomfortable like if it was super old there wasn't enough channel to watch on TV my card didn't work right to get in the room

It was close to where I needed to be at the next day

Not bad at all!

The place is outdated but very clean.

The hotel is clean that is the most important thing to me. For the price and last minute booking I can’t complain!

Comfy room in the hood
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Our room was nice but the floor was dirty, really dirty where as our feet were black from walking from the bed to the bathroom. Could use a good swiffering. Refrigerator freezer needed to be defrosted.

Fresh coffee in the morning. The swimming pool. Plenty of towels. Secure parking. Lots of restaurant options and a CVS close by.

It's okay. You get what you pay for in this area & here's info about the cheap bus there.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Obviously the furniture could be new and unmarked but how can they afford to upgrade if you're only paying what they charge.

Swimming pool a bonus. Public bus to hotel, at LAX airport, all terminals look for "Lot C Only" signs for free shuttle bus. Take it to LAX City Bus Center. Then get bus 117 to hotel. (It runs frequently. Google the schedule). Cost of bus is $1.75 (or $2 if you don't have change). You must have cash and the driver can't give you change. Entire combined bus/shuttle journey: 15-35 minutes depending on traffic.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Needs improvements
    • Deluxe Triple Room

the first room i received was very nasty, ac didn't work and the shower was not clean. the second room i received was cleaner but the floor still was dirty. the parking is a joke, there is not enough spaces for every room. i had to park in a handicap space for a couple hours until i was able to move to a regular space.

the beds were comfortable,

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Had good tv channels while we locked ourselves in for the...
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Pretty scary area at night. Air con not working and lights constantly flickered off and on.

Had good tv channels while we locked ourselves in for the night. Affordable price.

It was a great stay .
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Somebody next my room was very noise and very loud. Like somebody was moving furniture all night. That was just the only problem.

It was a great stay ..

The location was great.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

My key card failed five times and I had to go to the desk many times to fix it.

The location was great. Very close to lax and some good eating. The staff was helpful.

not worth it
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It looked a lot nicer in the photos. Pool was dirty and so was elevator. The rooms were old and dusty. Not a proper place to take a family. It smelled like weed.

Not good

Blinding lights into room all night - loud party guests a real shame. Loud Air Con too...no sleep not good.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Dirty property. Cockroaches in room and cigarette-leftovers in balcony. Pool dirty. Dissapointment
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The property was very dirty. The elevator was full of dirt and rubbish, our room had cockroaches and cigarette leftovers. Worse than the photos in Booking. The property was not taken care of properly, although it was fully booked. Totally disappointing

It is close to LAX. Nothing more

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Horrendous, couldn’t sleep as I thought our room would be broken into or to be eaten alive by bugs
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The bugs everywhere in the room, how rude the staff were. The horrible feel of the hotel, the area was really rough and run down. Not a good stay AT ALL

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

It is closed to the airport to spend your first or last...
    • Double Deluxe Queen

The room smelled of tabacco heavily even though it was a non-smoking room.

It is closed to the airport to spend your first or last night in LA before returning home.

I would never stay there again.

The place was very dark, not clean, furniture had stains, the inside of the dresser drawers had graffiti, and there were holes in the wall and ceiling.

Had a great time this summer with my daughter there on my...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I wanted a room with a good view of the pool but with so many guess that booked before me i got what i could

Had a great time this summer with my daughter there on my days off pool was clean an the staff was great

I would never stay there again
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The place is a hot mess and it had a sign stating under construction the place looks like nothing been done the room is not clean the furniture was out of date and broken . I will never stay there again.

Nothing when I check in the front desk people could care less if I was staying there.

it was ok stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room

would have been better if there was breakfast included rooms need to be updated

location was excellent easy to go around was easy excess to shopping and airport near to sight seeing and picnic areas staff were help full

Not cheap and not value for money but close to airport

Very dirty communal areas especially elevator. Smelt of marijuana. Rooms very basic. Paint peeling everywhere. Very dated. Notice at reception said they’re renovating but no sign of any renovations. Receptionist not very friendly. Was very expensive for what you get. Location felt unsafe.

Proximity to airport, good for overnight stop for flights. Bus 117 from LAX airport stops right outside hotel. Spacious rooms. Decent size pool but looked dirty.

I liked watching the airplanes flying above the hotel.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I liked watching the airplanes flying above the hotel. This hotel had everything we needed before our way to airport. They can call you taxi to airport. It cost between 15 – 20 $

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Convenient to LAX
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Radically over represented in the descriptions and pictures on booking.com. The room was falling apart. Furniture looked like it had been rescued, or was decades old and battered. Light switches didn’t work properly. The beds were uncomfortable, and one had cigarette burns not only in the comforter but sheets also. The carpet seemed tacky and the bathroom, while functional, was an exercise in stark minimalism. We didn’t even shower - just crashed out and checked out the next morning. On the plus side - they did refund 2 nights of a booked 3 night stay.

Convenient to LAX

Terrible
    • Deluxe Triple Room

It was probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It is not simply old, it is like mezozoic. Even the elevator smells bad. The air conditioning machines of all the rooms make a terrible symphony. The neighborhood is scary. Some of the guests at the hotel are scary as well. Homeless people are always using some of the reception facilities.

It's cheap (obviously) and conveniently close to the airport. Period.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Never come back
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Requested non smoking room, but only smoking room was available for me. Dusty floor, dirty bath room and shower room. Air conditioner is noisy and can not adjust temperature. Noisy and smell bad in t he room.

Only closed to air port and good price.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Close to LAX so ideal for a 1 night stay.
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Not the best neighborhood to walk around in.

Close to LAX so ideal for a 1 night stay. Lady at check-out kindly held our bags until evening so we could spend our last day exploring Santa Monica.

Location is great, and its relatively close to everything I...
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Things could be cleaner, new furniture or clean the upholstery, new curtain linings and curtains ( the curtain lining to the balcony looked like some got angry and started tearing them). The convenient location and stable prices keeps me coming to this location, but it would be nicer with some extra tlc for the property.

Location is great, and its relatively close to everything I visit when I'm in Los Angeles. This is one of few properties with 3 beds in one room at exceptional prices. It was better when they offered continental breakfast, but I understand that people get greedy and therefore, there's no more breakfast.

The rooms where nice and big and very clean.
    • Deluxe Triple Room

I did not like the lack of parking, the advertisement said the room had 3 queen beds and they where not even full size. They where double bed.

The rooms where nice and big and very clean.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Did not like it
    • Deluxe Triple Room

It was dirty holes in wall by toilet. AC didn't work. Beds were old mattresses in comfortable

The parking was under ground and locked behind a gate

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Stay anywhere else.
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Paint peeling off all the walls. Enough cigarette burns in the duvee to make it look like Swiss cheese. Felt super dirty all around. Not worth the price at all

Didn't get bed bugs

I liked this place.
    • Double Deluxe Queen

The staff , both front desk and cleaning were so accommodating. The coffee was a pleasant surprise. And they let me check out late with no charge. It was a little dated but they made it a very pleasant experience and they have a pool and elevators.

Inexpensive, good value, clean and comfortable.

The toilet holder could have had the bar that allows it to hold the roll.

For the price, it definitely met, even exceeded our expectations. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower was good.

Glad to check out .
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Place is outdated , dirty there was grafetti under the A.C., the blankets had brown stains .there is a underground parking not many spaces .. so.thats a problem when is full.

pool look nice and clean

Great location near LAX and car rental depots, ideal for a...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Rough neighbourhood - would not suggest it if hoping to walk around looking for shops/dinner etc

Great location near LAX and car rental depots, ideal for a cheap overnight stop if landing late or catching an early flight

Run!!!!
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Everything. The Elevator stunk the property was dirty it was in a bad neighborhood I didn’t feel safe as soon as I got there I was ready to leave I’m happy that we Bring our own blanket and pillow because I don’t recommend using theirs it was just dirty.

Ok hotel for the money I might be back but only because of the maid
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Ants need to be exterminated!!!

Besides the room having an ant problem Everything else was good Besides the front desk receptionist Asian Lady I think the owner, she was not pleasant AT ALL I can't believe the way she talks to guests after spending nearly $100 a night The least she could do is be courteous But I loved the Cleaning maid she was so pleasant and always smiling and nice I would only come back because I know she will be waiting with a smile

it was ok stay.
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Bed covers were not fresh. lighting is low, can be improved on furniture and floor can be modernized

front desk is friendly and made my check-in and check-out easy.

Not worth 159$

Outlets where not working, cabinets that where broken and missing nobs, mini fridge broken, restroom area horrible not clean, broken toilet walls are chipped, mirrors where not cleaned, etc

The bed and the shower

the arrival time was 3pm and we had a difficult time getting checked in, the smokers smoked a lot of

gated parking

the bed had bugs i reported to the front desk. the staff did not answer my calls while i was at work the entire day. i arrived and the staff said my room was taken. i paid cash eventually and the staff did not want to give me a receipt.

Eateries were walking distance and staff was very nice and...

No complaints whatsoever. Problem was the area but nothing wrong with the hotel itself. Also with it being LA traffic and packed parking garages are to be expected.

Eateries were walking distance and staff was very nice and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay there and the a/c was the icing on top. I would definitely come back and stay see here at the Royal Century Hotel.

a great deal and a very comfortable place to stay I will definitely stay there again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

the tv volume kept cutting in and out but who cares !

the property is a little old but immaculate and the pool looked crystal clear . The room i was in was very private and i don't think i ever saw another guest . It is very secure also with an automatic entry gate and underground parking and cc tv everywhere so I rested easy knowing my vehicle was completely safe .

Not good
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The carpet was very smelly it did not have any microwaves in the rooms so my kids had to go down to a microwave at night the bedspread was itchy and not warm the beds were hard

Cleaning staff was very polite and nice

My stay was terrible. My room looked nothing like when I viewed it on booking.com. It was horrible..
    • Double Deluxe Queen

My room had a hole in the wall. A refrigerator not plugged in that was leaking water and water bugs coming from it. Lamp had no bulb in it...etc...

Honestly...I didn't like anything...Couldn't wait to check out

Secure car park
    • Deluxe Queen Room

From the moment I stepped into this hotel I felt unsafe. It was so noisy from police cars going past all night. The room was ok but didn’t feel overly clean. It was so bad we literally locked ourselves in the room all night. The hotel staff were miserable and unfriendly. Wouldn’t recommend.

Secure car park

The shower was new with a new shower head, bed was old, but...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There was no TV/cable service for the entire 2 days we stayed there. It was never fixed and we were my refunded $5. There was a loud banging alllll night and we could not get any sleep. Horrible stay!

The shower was new with a new shower head, bed was old, but the mattresses were soft.

Was only a 10 min Uber to the airport so very convenient
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Very basic considering price, very noisy. As solo female traveller didn’t feel 100% safe as surrounding area quite rough and could hear a lot of people on the street outside

Was only a 10 min Uber to the airport so very convenient

The property was Quiet and We'll maintained.
    • Double Deluxe Queen

The furniture was old. The staff was not knowledgeable about the area. For Instance how to get to the closest Metrolink station.

The property was Quiet and We'll maintained.

Looks great when the lights are off - but it still smells.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The A/C didn't work. The bathroom smelled. The parking was very tight. The neighborhood was terrible.

Most of parking was gated. It was inexpensive.

will never go back. Horrible experience.
    • Double Deluxe Queen

There were bars on the balcony and a foul smell that made our stomach feel horrible, plus bed bugs. Had to leave ID to use the blowdryer or leave $20.00.

I have stayed there about 4 times.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I have stayed there about 4 times. It is handy to my transport, handy to my shops and it is quite comfortable for the money, and I have found the staff really friendly.

Will Not Stay Ever Again !!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I didnt like that the front desk , did not guide me to the room nor did the elevator work. I got on it once and was stuck on it , alot of homeless looking people there and graffiti all inside drawers and cabinents . I had to walk up and down stairs not to mention i was in the 3 floor up . Such a poor location . Poor staff . Highly dissapointed the only good thing was the bathroom .

I like the bathroom , I also appreciated the balcony .

Eh.
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Room smelled like tobacco even though I asked for non-smoking. Could hear when loud people would pass by the halls while it was late at night. Beds were stiff.

Nice vanity and closet area to store one’s luggages.

This is a horrible Motel. The staff is rude and I will try to overcharge you if you don't know
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The staff is extremely rude and have no customer service skills at all. They refused to give me a receipt because the rep claimed she was to busy at midnight with no other customers in the lobby.

I didnt like anything

Never again
    • Double Deluxe Queen

The staff at the front desk was very very rude and nasty made me feel very uncomfortable and as if I was bothering her for wanting to check in. Once I did get her to accept the fact that I had a reservation I ask for a double bed and she said no I have to call booking.com to upgrade and she gave me the number to call so I called and waited 1 hr to upgrade a room keep in mind I just drove 6 hrs to get to this hotel I also asked if she could call or if she could start the process so I can at least get the room she said no and had me on the phone waiting. Once I got ahold of a rep for booking.com it was a fast phone call but the hotel host made it horrible again rolled her eyes and was sighing and just making it very uncomfortable I wanted to cancel right away but I already drove so long and did not have the energy. So I get the room key carry my stuff up to the room and the host gives me a key for the same one bed room that I just spent 1 hour trying to upgrade and I was on the third floor with a broken elevator and lots of bags. I go request that I get the upgraded room and she says “oh ok” once we get into the new room it was disgusting the carpet was old creepy and had blood stains and some other stain that looked like urine possibly it smelled as if it hadn’t been cleaned in weeks. Bathroom toilet barely worked fridge was leaking water. The beds and blankets smelled like someone just slept in them. Parking was horrible very tight and someone parked in a way to block everyone inside the parking lot so I had to wait 2 hrs just to get my car out of the lot.

Not one thing

Great for cheap airport for early or late flights.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

A little old and shabby and needs a little more attention to get it looking good again

Although a little tired, it was clean and the washing powder smelt nice. Close proximity to the airport with safe secure parking.

Never again
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Lady at the front desk was very rude. Theres a $100 deposit for the room per night and any addition car is $10 charge.

I did like that it had balconies

Royal Century Hotel

The night clerk could be a bit more friendly but considering the busy location and somewhat questionable individuals wandering about his aloofness is understandable.

Scented, soft sheets! Lovely lady who works the day shift is very kind and helpful. Most of the housekeepers are also very cordial. A CVS drugstore across the street; Burger King right next door and many small shops are close by.

• Double Deluxe Queen

Everything about the peoperty needs to be cleaned, refurbished, and updated. From the lobby to the rooms. Curtains, carpet is filthty,walls are nasty, and comforters are stained.

Get what you pay for
    • Double Deluxe Queen

The parking lot for this hotel is tight, not meant for trucks/SUVs. The elevator smelled like urine and pinesol. The room had a funny smell as well. The view was into the neighbor's back yard. The ac was blowing out a lot of dust. I believe they rent out rooms as apartments as well because many of the people staying there, lived there so they were hanging out everywhere around the hotel. Staff was rude, spoke to guests very unprofessionally.

I liked how close its location is to The Forum. The price should of hinted at the quality.

Filth pig sty!!!

I hated everything!!!!

This hotel was dirty and disorganised. We didn’t feel comfortable. Access to rooms was very difficult. It was noisy all night. There was a complete lack of consideration by staff wheeling noisey trolleys up the corridor early morning possibly Ito get guests up so they could get their rooms emptied and cleaned early.. I wouldn’t ever stay here again. It was really discussing and dirty.

Never coming back, wouldn't recommend it. Pay extra $25 for another hotel well worth it.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The chairs in the room were so dirty that stained our pants when we've sat to eat. The hallway had a trash bag right in front our door that was never removed. The non smoking rooms face the noisy boulevard, we barely could sleep. The elevator is very dated, smelling urine. We didn't feel 100% safe inside the facilities.

Gated garage. Morning front desk guy was friendly.

RUN AWAY...DONT BOOK HERE
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Woke up at 1:30 am to move my car. Lobby smelled like per. Staff behind bullet proof glass. Bad neighborhood. Getto

Close to lax...but drive or cab further away

Perfect area close to the city

The elevator was smelling so nasty I think you need to replacement the carpet or painting , and the pool need to be clean and filter the water all time , on the rooms need to clean the dusty areas my allergies was worth on may stay in there ...

Perfect area close to the city

horrible experience.

filthy, leaking, rude owner. horrible experience

horrible experience. called my credit card company and demanded a refund. couldnt even stay the night in this infested rat hole. DO NOT BOOK HERE.

Worst ever
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I could get my WiFi signal only at a corner of my room. Very frustrating. My room is very dusty, and long hairs are scattered in the room.

some staff are friendly

Awful,and over priced! I don’t have pictures I have video Please add that option and email me back
    • Double Deluxe Queen

The rooms were poorly cleaned,the shower was Grotesque! The bathroom was extremely small and cramped I wasn’t able to open the bathroom door all the way without hitting the toilet!! There was bugs as well.I would NEVER recommend anyone to the “royal century hotel”.

NOTHING!!

The price and very close to the airport.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The toilet and the phone didn't work and staff was extremely rude to my friend when they went to ask about a different bathroom. But you get what you pay for it's close to the airport... Also a lot of sketchy characters hanging in front of the building but that's the area I suppose

The price and very close to the airport. Also they have secure-ish parking which is nice

In Desperate need of a makeover!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Goodness... The ONLY thing I can say was that the bed was clean! Everything else was a GREAT disappointment !

In Desperate need of a makeover! The beds were clean of bugs! Carpet horrible. Would NOT take a 2nd trip to this place... I would be afraid to let my dog sleep on the carpet! E.E. NOT friendly... can't blame them... Horrible work environment!

Spacious
    • Double Deluxe Queen

Elevator smelt really bad. Needs a lively touch maybe a paint over. Windows and doors are damages or work down. Didn't feel safe to sleep until every tenant was sleep.

A lot room space and the restroom were decent and sizable. My room had a cool area to store my belongings. It's can be a awesome hotel.