2. USA hotel reviews
  3. New York State hotel reviews
  4. New York City hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Royal Park Hotel & Hostel

Reviews of Royal Park Hotel & Hostel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

258 W 97th Street, Upper West Side, New York City, NY 10025, United States of America

#399 of 422 hotels in New York City

Based on 1503 hostel reviews

6.2

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

good, but could be better.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff needs more training in handling several customers at one time. I also missed my airport shuttle because of lack of cooperation from the staff.

the location is perfect, very near the subway, Walgreens, and supermarket. Some restaurants or diners are also nearby. The Central Park is just 10 minutes walk away.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Worst hotel ever, and I have been travelling a lot.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room was dirty: hair everywhere from previous visitors, sheets were covered in stains. It smelled in the hotel room, we needed to open the window to being able to stay in the room. Window didn't have a lock, so everyone (even from the outside) could have opened the window. Beds were old and were cracking with every move. We even saw a roach in our room. Whenever we arrived late at night in our room, lights were burning. Why? There is no one in the room and you spill heaps on electricity costs. For us, a definite no go to stay whenever in NYC.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Rough stay!

I request rooms together and after calling three different time to make sure they able to do that and they stated they where we drove 3 hrs to get there and they try to put us in different floor after going back and forth with the clerk that we will not accept that then he moved us. The hallways smell really bad and one of the rooms didn't had an a/c or even a screen so we where not able to pull the window up to try to circulate the air. It was very hot in the room. The t.v. where extremely bad lines across the screen. It was a good thing we where out more then been in the room. Everyone in the same floor shares the same restroom and of course it was urine on the floor so don't dare to walk barefoot to the restroom. We where glad that we only stood one night.

The location wasn't that bad cause we where close to the subway.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Ehh not good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Shared Bathroom

First of all the rooms in the pictures provided look great. It was nothing compared to the room I got. Its a little noisy cause you hear others even when they walk outside your room. And when I asked for fresh towels at the front desk they said they didn’t have any at all and I said “how does that happen?” And the person said “I don’t know.” Honestly i didn’t feel satisfied at all with this place. I won’t stay here again if I go to NY.

The only good thing about this place is the location.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

We've stayed at Royal Park Hotel before and we'll stay there again.

The doors separating the hallways on each floor should either be removed or modified so they don't slam. They make an extremely loud noise and it seems unnecessary.

The staff here is always very pleasant and accommodating. Convenient location in an excellent neighborhood at a good price.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

We didn't come to this hotel die to health problems, but...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We didn't come to this hotel die to health problems, but hotel didn't want keep us as clients and didn't give any offer to save some our money.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

You need to work out on bathrooms inside the rooms!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Shared Bathroom

Almost everything!! But the badest thing is no bathroom inside we had share with other people!! Thats no good to need to share a bathroom!!!!

Subway close

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Pathatic extremy waste of money and sad stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Shared Bathroom

staff and management is pethatic and extremely bad. they charged me for 5 nights where as i stayed only for 2 nights. they just rip off your money for no reason and play with their words to fool off customers. not expected at all .. very bad condition and very poor hygene. pathatic staff and management . not at all recomadable to any one. booking.com should completely remove them from their list for a good reputation.

Nothing is there to like at all.. poor management ... bad staff specially that lady extemely pathatic to even talk to. bad room condition. very very dirty.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Top-notch stuff, not-xo-nice rooms and bathrooms
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It is not super clean, small rooms (we had to upgrade to a larger one as we phisically didn't fit in our originally booked room), generally the building and facilities are very old.

Very friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Convenient location but overpriced
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room was quite large but offered practically no amenities. There wasn't even a chair, the only place to sit being on the bed. In the bathroom there were a couple small bars of soap, but the shower stall didn't have any shelf whatsoever on which to place shower accessories. I was there for 3 nights, but housekeeping was done only once during my stay, and even then the trash was not taken out. Considering the high price--more than I usually pay to stay in Manhattan--and the low value, I would be unlikely to book at the Royal Park Hotel again.

The position was excellent for my purposes: very close to the 96th St. subway station where both lines 1 and 2 stop, which get me to Lincoln Center and Penn Station, my principal destinations. The room was provided with plenty of electric sockets and with a ceiling fan.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Friendly and helpfull staff members.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We had a very hot room with a very noisy airconditioning system. Our blinders didn't close properly. Luckily a curtain could be put in place.

Friendly and helpfull staff members. Very good acces to subway stations.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

- The staff were nice to us.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

- The issue with this hotel isn't the staff, they were always nice to us. Also for a shared bathroom, the cleaning was done, it's the customers who aren't respectfull. - unfortunately we had a room next to the door of the hallway with stupid people slamming it all night long, yelling in the hallway, pipes noise all night, bed not comfortable at all. The rooms are pretty small but it's a hostel don't expect a suit, it was fine enough for 2 people. We booked 3 nights only stayed 2 and changed hotel because of the noise all night long from other occupants.

- The staff were nice to us. - the cleaning was done. It does smell like chemicals but at least they are cleaning.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Shared Bathroom

This is not a hotel, it's only a hostel. Booked a double bedroom with a shared bathroom - turned out to be a small room that fit 2 double beds and the bathroom was shared with the entire floor. Not suitable for families with kids. Found cockroaches in the room.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Fantastic and convenient location in the heart of the Upper West Side
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

- A lot of commotion and noise from the cleaning staff and other guests, including groups every morning. - There was no wardrobe in my room, but I was given hangers and a chair, and made do with these. - More/better selection of toiletries for the bathroom, plus a bath mat/towels for the bathroom floor would be a plus.

- Excellent staff and customer service. - Fantastic and convenient location in the heart of the Upper West Side, located just one block from the 96th Street subway, with local and express trains downtown. - Room was spacious and bathroom(s), whilst shared, were kept clean throughout.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Very good location.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room was not clean. Towels were dirty. There was a gap in the window, thus we were freezing in the room.

Very good location. Close to central park, subway. Many places to eat

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Good location but that's it.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Bedbugs. Got biten in my whole left arm. This was in the 2nd room we had, the larger one! I also didn't like that the first room we got was so tiny and uncomfortable. The price was way too high for such a room. It was a good thing I complained but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Both rooms we slept in were really noisy. You can hear when people upstairs use the shower or the toilet :/

They agreed to change the room that we were given when we asked. The first room we got was half the size of the second room... which looked more like the one in the website photos. By the way we paid for a room with a private bathroom, which are the pricest in the place!

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

Nice
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

it didn´t have any proper space to eat over there, there was a microwave but no tables, only some sofas.

It was pretty clean and the mattresses were comfortable, it was ok.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Clean and great, bad hotel
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was very small, floors dated, and we could hear the pipes sometimes

It was surprisingly clean, the staff was very friendly, and it's beautifully located

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Okay room
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Some of the staff were very unfriendly, we were not even greeted when we came. The lamp in our room didn't work until the last day.

Location was good, near subway and central park. Nice neighbourhood. Bathroom was clean. All in all okay room, nothing extra but still a decent place to stay in Manhattan.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

Everyone from the FD staff were really kind and helpful, the...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Everyone from the FD staff were really kind and helpful, the room and bathroom were perfectly clean. Location is great, just on the corner is metro and it takes only 15 min to time square.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

good pleasantly surprised
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The hotel needs to invest in a vacuum cleaner and receptionist were un attentive anybody on the street could have walked in

Location was great very convenient for subway and central park

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

An old building with a quirky lift. Location was superb.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Private Bathroom

A chest of draws to put clothing in. My daughter left hers in her suitcase on the floor whilst I piled mine on top of the single cupboard item of furniture.

Towels changed daily. Maid service daily. Staff helpful and courteous.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Please look elsewhere if staying for more than a night
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I wish I had my time back to book elsewhere, we opted for a double bedroom and we were lucky we could open the door without it hitting the bed. The room was too small for 2 people and became claustrophobic. The hallways were extremely noisy and there was a roach in our room. The lift was out of order for almost 2 days which sucked after a long day of exploring NYC. The staff were neither friendly and inviting or rude. I found for what we got, it was grossly overpriced and very very very outdated, wish I had air bnb'd

The location was ideal, it was away from all the hustle and bustle of downtown yet a 8 minute subway ride to it. The area was very nice indeed, also only a 5 minute walk to central park. Lots of shops, diners etc around.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Room was spacious and tidy, but needs more amenities; service was lame and security needs improving
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Nowhere to sit in the room: no table or chair, plenty of space for one! No tea/coffee making facilities. No toiletries provided. Poor security: no in-room safe and the door lock was mediocre. Cleaning staff kept taking the towels but didn't replace them with the full complement; I had to keep asking for replacements. Strange smell in the hallway, like mouldy/old carpet.

Handy location

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Would not stay again. Bed was acceptable but all other facilities were a disaster or nonexistent.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Had to beg for towels, bathing facilities were so filthy they were unusable. I had to forego showering while staying here. Everything was constantly wet and covered in dirty paper towels, bathtub looked like it had not been scrubbed for weeks.

Central location and beds seemed clean enough

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

Basic but friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Private Bathroom

The hotel is tired and run down. We were initially disappointed with the quality of the accommodation, particularly the bathroom which was dated but it was functional.The location was good. The staff were so pleasant that it made up for the quality of the room.

The staff in reception were really friendly and helpful. They were a pleasure to deal with. As there were 5 of us (3children), it was helpful to discover an extra bathroom along the corridor from our room.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

very unpleasantness

The rooms are too small and one of the beds was with bed bugs. I came home with my body with an allergic reaction from the bugs. I contact my doctor and the diagnostics with bed bugs.

Only the location, was good.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Stay for 4 in a room with 2 beds
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Shared Bathroom

One of the "clean" towels had a blood stain on it. The shared bathroom can be difficult at times especially when it's occupied, there's only one in each section.

Nice location, close to subway

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

Very friendly staff, good air conditioning and comfortable...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Not many shops nearby and no food available in the hotel. Lots of restaurants nearby however

Very friendly staff, good air conditioning and comfortable large room. Location is good, 5 minutes from 96 Street subway.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Look for a better low-cost option.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Private Bathroom

I really wanted to give this place a good review but I can’t. The air conditioning barely worked and we were there during a heat wave. Also, although the room appeared clean we found a bed bug crawling on the wall. The staff was friendly.

Great location. There is a parking garage next door and we were only a block away from the Subway lines running uptown and downtown

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Served as a useful base in Manhattan for our 5 day trip to...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

My husband and I both accumulated a lot of bites during our visit, and in places not exposed whilst out and about. I saw insects when in the bathroom and the room was rather small too. Just be aware that it really is fairly budget and hostel-like.

Served as a useful base in Manhattan for our 5 day trip to New York - however was just a bit too far from main attractions to go back during the day. It was cheaper than places further downtown though.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

The Secret Diamond of NYC is Royal Park Hotel
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Cleaner carpets in the rooms. Cleaner hall way carpets as well. More professional bathrooms without shower problems

The charming staff like mr. Louis and Mr. Nestor Always trying their best despite life being difficult in traveling. The most charming staff we ever met. Royal Park Hotel is "The Secret Diamond of NYC"

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Review
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No hand towels in bathroom or bedroom at all. Nothing to dry hands with after washing them! Bathroom wasn't as clean as it could've been

Staff was nice. Room wasn't bad for the value. Wouldn't stay more that 1 night tho

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

.Good cleaning every day.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I guess was nothing bad. But should have to improve the doors locked.

.Good cleaning every day. They make the beds with many very nice details. Excellent atention.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Loved it had a great time would definitely stay here again if the chance comes up
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Private Bathroom

The last couple of days our room smoke detector battery was dead the smoke detector was chirping.but not a big deal oops I forgot to tell the staff about it

Love the location 1 block from Subway station room was very convenient and right by the front door staff was very nice and not bothersome like some places

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Super location, only a few blocks from Central Park, various...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Private Bathroom

Super location, only a few blocks from Central Park, various shops + restaurants close by. Good value for money, Spacious room. Clean bath. Would stay another time!

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Everything was clean, the location amazing.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

To open the window in our room was impossible. During our stay it was very hot that we needed to use AC but during the night it would be enough just to open the window.

Everything was clean, the location amazing. Hotel is located near the central park.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Room were very small
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Shared Bathroom

Room were very small The bathrooms were not attached to the room We had to walk to a bathroom which was common in the floor No amenities More like a travel hostel than a hotel Not worth the money Beds were noisy Less room and leg space

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Good value for money , Great stay
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was nice the beds were comfy. The room had a big TV also. The staff were all very helpful and friendly . They kept our baggage in storage for the day when we checked out. I would recommend to others good value for money . The front desk is open 24/7

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Great location and staff,
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Shared Bathroom

Beds very creaky, but comfortable.

Great location, next to great affordable restaurants and cafes, next to subway and short walk to Central Park. Parking lot right next door for $50/night (not operated by the hotel). No frills, but comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Fantastic location. Clean. Helpful staff.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Nothing. The hotel suited all our needs.

Great location. Fantastic choice of different bars and restaurants around. Close to many different food/drinks shops. McDonald’s super handy round the corer for morning coffee. 1 street from subway! So easy to get to Times Square. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Room tidied and fresh towels left daily. Shower was spacious.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

The room was very clean and everything in the right place.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Maybe the help of the staff can improve, they just limited to offer us a map. Elevator sometimes didn’t work when going down. Can improve by adding vending and ice machines.

The room was very clean and everything in the right place. Great location near ATMs, food, supermarket and the subway. Building is old but very well preserverd.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

If you don't care about the shared bathroom, don't mind cockroaches and sheet stains then stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Shared Bathroom

Dirty bathrooms with alot of small cockroaches. I did't like the shared bathrooms at all. Also, seen a cockroache inside my room in the closet, which made the sleeping experience uncomfortable. The sheets has some stains.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Very pleasant.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathrooms were always full it seemed and never seemed all the way clean, though I attribute this to how often they were being used.

The proximity to everything was awesome!

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Location was great, very near to the subway.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

It was very loud, it was hard to sleep and we needed to have an open window because the heating was very strong without possibility to turn it off or down - there is one system for the whole building. We needed to pay extra for a room with our own bathroom so at the end it was more expensive. No kettle for preparing tea😕

Location was great, very near to the subway. It was clean. Very near to the restaurants with breakfast about 10$ for person.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Reasonable price, but not comfortable
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No private bathroom in most of the rooms. The shared bathroom is not clean enough. Sometimes there was no toilet paper in there. No refrigerator, coffee machine, and iron in the room. No air conditioning, just a fan. Not enough power sockets in the room

Close to subway station, Hudson river, and some local restaurants. Reasonable price

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Nice hotel, value for money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Private Bathroom

I had a few issues with the room key, the staff kindly moved us to a nicer room on the ground floor.

Staff were approachable and helpful when asked about things in the local area. The beds were comfortable and it was handy to have a fridge and microwave im the rooms

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Enjoyable, too short, needed two more days. Loved the hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Private Bathroom

Bathroom was extremely small, at least we had one, and there was one across the hall we could use.

This is a very unusual older hotel, a lot of great characteristic attributes from the 50's, loved the elevator. Not for someone who wants modern amenities. We loved the New York atmosphere.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Great staff!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Initially I was not happy with the room ut that was changed without any problems.

Great staff! Well positioned (close to the metro). Good room. I liked the shower!

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

- the room was small but had everything it needed
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

- The windows did not shut properly - therefore it was not only loud but also cold - the mattresses were very old and uncomfortable - there was a stain on the sheets - something minor: there were only a few tv channels and most of theme were not were good..

- the room was small but had everything it needed - the location is pretty great - close to the Central Park and everything else that a tourist might want

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Good price/quality relation
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Shared Bathroom

The water of the bathtub came out really hot. Everything could be a bit cleaner but nothing yo be too worried about.

The room was ok. Comfortable beds althought the floor could be cleaner. Very good location.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Just the good information of the reception.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Private Bathroom

Nothing.it is not as good as the picture they are showing.dirty carpets the maids are not doing good cleaning.so small and so old.

Just the good information of the reception.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Very clean and the room was spacious.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Private Bathroom

I didn’t like that pets wasn’t allowed luckily I had family in New York that could keep my toy poodle. Would’ve been a nightmare traveling with our pet not having Family in New York to find out our pet couldn’t stay at this facility then they don’t do refunds if u cancel. The beds could use those foam cushions u can put on top of the beds. I didn’t like that I had to pay for a extra bed when it should be free when u staying at any hotel.

Very clean and the room was spacious. The staff that was there when we first checked in was very friendly.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Good value for money and very close to subway so was easy to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Shared Bathroom

Old showers, well cleaned but poor pressure.

Good value for money and very close to subway so was easy to get around. Great restaurants and diners nearby.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Great value, location superb but you compromise on view and room size.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Private Bathroom

Soap dispenser did not work, view consisted of brick wall, minuscule room. But hey this is Manhattan and what do you expect for the low price?

Excellent location and great value for New York. With the low price you compromise on the view, and room size If this is not overly important to you, this is an excellent choice for a short stay in Manhattan.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

I didn't enjoy my experience at this hotel
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The utility in first room wasn't working and the tv in the second room would not power off, had to sleep all night with tv on,poor heating system, however they gave me portable heater,not enough towel only one for each night i stay,first time i ever had a bad experience at a hotel.

The closeness to the subway and restaurants

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

Well priced and well located place for a short stay
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It wasn't anybody's fault, but the moment I arrived was the time they were being used by a TV show filming it as a backdrop, as a "homeless shelter." The show had put a sign on the front entrance, Family Shelter. I blew a fuse putting my cell phones and I-Pad into the sockets (ancient wiring), but the wi-fi was good. There were two rest rooms on a floor with about 25 rooms. I missed my news channels.

Room is small but decent. There is a little closet with some blankets on a shelf. There is a TV with cultural channels. I had a room with shared bath, and the bathroom was adequate. They are only one block from a major subway station.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Great for family with children!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Private Bathroom

The sink was making some noise. The wall between the rooms were not soundproof, we could hear the neighbour. However, this should not be a serious problem.

The view from the room was great! We stayed at the 7th floor. We could see part of the Hudson river. The room was big and clean! The staff was helpful and friendly. The location is great! Near to subway, supermarkets, restaurants, Hudson river and Central Park. Perfect area for family with young children.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

It was great!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Good customer service. Location at the Upper West was great! Next to Hudson river and Central Park. Many restaurants and supermarkets. Very close to Columbia University.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

Great costumer services
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We have to share the bathroom and sometimes there was no paper.

Staff was super kind and helpful, they always give us solutions and try their best to answer our needs, always friendly and willing to help. And the price was super good for the area, super near to a metro station, stores and everything.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

i didn't like anything at all.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

First hotel that i stayed in and it was too expensive. The room was so small, the bed uncomfortable i could even sleep because it was too cold and my son either. I paid 225 for two night just to be very uncofortable. I couldnt stayed longer i left the following day and i loose my money. Worst hotel. Ever and too expensive..

i didn't like anything at all.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Fair stay and interesting experience.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No breakfast served. Uncomfortable pillows/bed. No ironing board/iron or closet. Shared microwave/fridge in business center.

Close to Central Park and city. Subway train nearby. Good area. Pricing per night a bonus only if you book online!

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Facility was friendly and helpful, making our stay a little less stressful and enjoyable.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room was warm and cozy after a long morning of being out in the cold. The bathroom had towels we weren’t expecting. Had extra pillows in each bed, so I was extra comfy and warm. The location of the hotel was a couple blocks up from where we were planning to visit, along with everything else being at walking distance.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Royal Park is a reasonably priced, convenient location which is clean and well maintained.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room should not have had two beds. The floors are uneven, I have to be a little careful when walking.

At this location, I experience a wonderfully comfortable sleep, nice and unique showers, plenty of hot water. The staff is polite and businesslike. The decor seems to improve over-time. On my last visit, I did not think that my room on the 5th floor should have had two beds. It made the room two crowded with hardly any room to walk around. It was too warm, but I was able to open the window and make it more comfortable. Staff came within ten minutes when I reported that the TV was not working.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

Worn out, but with atmosphere
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

They even saved on hangers in the bathrooms - there’s no place to hang your clothes. Maybe they assume you just put it on the floor. This illustrates how comfortable this hotel is. Sheets worn out and stained etc.

Worn out, but with atmosphere

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

overall a clean and comfortable stay, very friendly and...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

overall a clean and comfortable stay, very friendly and helpfull staff especially Frank he is really fantastic,good internet connection,location is great a moments away from subway...good value of money. this is my second time in this hotel....very highly recommended

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Perfect stay
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The street is quite busy and you can hear cars and sirens from emergency services going through the night, but I suppose it is to be expected in NYC.

The property was clean and the staff are helpful and friendly. Can not fault this place for the price. Suited us perfect for the 5 nights we were in NY.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

Overall a clean and comfortable stay, good value for money but room for improvement.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Would have liked it if tea/coffee facilities were provided in the room or even just a kettle. Towels were very minimal, no hand towels and they weren't always replaced when the room was clean. There was some crew filming during our stay and we were asked to leave the lobby immediately when we arrived downstairs one morning so we didn't disrupt them. Filming also took place right outside our room during the night and so voices could be heard as we slept. Thought this was a little cheeky to ask us to leave when we were paying to be there.

Bed was very comfy and staff friendly. Wi-Fi was very good.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a stay in NYC!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The showers were dirty, water was extremely cold, drains were clogged, I also had to ask for a heater and extra blanket because the room was cold! There were water stains on the ceilings of the main lobby, complementary soap wasn't provided until requested, and there were only two towels in the room no rags. Although there was an option to check in earlier the hotel didn't accommodate. I've experienced Public restrooms that were more comfortable than Royal Park Hotel!

The staff was useful.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2018

Clean, simple place. Highly recommend for a short stay (or longer, if you want to save money)
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Someone was shooting a movie in the lobby when we arrived (after 3), and they could have treated us better (less rushed) as we were checking in.

We were staying for one night and had to reschedule it, and when I called, they fixed it, no problem, no extra charge. Also comfy beds and roomy enough. Good internet connection.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

Location, central park is close.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

They ask money for the luggage room. After 100+ hotels and hostels in the past year the first place they ever asked me to do this. Employees are very rude to mention this.

Location, central park is close.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

Clean and comfortable rooms and personable and professional staff!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Sometimes it's hard to plug your phone in your room. Either it falls out, or is inaccessible.

Frank at the Front desk is FANTASTIC. He goes above and beyond to accommodate your needs,always with a smile on his face.

• Reviewed: January 20, 2018

Strict budget? Go for it!!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Slow elevator, younger people may not mind the shared bathroom but we are 50....This is a no frills hotel. Clean and serviceable but no extras. I bring a travel kettle for morning coffee, but a guy on the corner sells coffee/doughnuts. I could nit pick but at the price, I just won't.

Location moments away from 96th st subway (bought a 7 day unlimited metrocard for $32 & definitely worth it even for 4 days, single tickets $2.75. Short walk from upper west side central park. Comfortable beds and pillows. Shared bathroom room was £37.77 per night + tax(43h) Room was cozy but a bit small. Upgraded to a room with private bathroom on 5th floor (5a)for £43.50 per night! NY on a budget can be done, we were only sleeping there after all. We spent 4 nights as we were off to new Hampshire for 2 weeks where we could spend a bit more on hotels. Young people wouldn't mind this place or if you are on a strict budget. If you are planning on seeing the sights, its fine as subway is very easy. End of the road, turn left, walk a block & go to metro diner for breakfast, its cheap and fab! Staff friendly, hot water. Don't expect top quality for the price, but for that price in N.Y. its a bargain. Felt safe.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

It was great
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The stay was awesome, the front desk clerk Frank had a positive spirt and approach, he was very prudent with alot of attractions information with in the area, and he was very helpful with directing me to the hotel resources such as the microwave and vending machine ect.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

I liked how close it was to the subway.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The electrical outlets were all very loose (plugs kept falling out of the wall). It would have been nice to have in-house access to ice/mini-fridge or something similar (a Walgreens & 7-11 was close)

I liked how close it was to the subway.

Browse Royal Park Hotel & Hostel Traveler Photo Gallery