Reviews of Royal Resort 3 stars

99 Convention Center Drive, Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA

#140 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

We had the same lady during our check-in and check-out. Unfriendly, no hospitality at all, non-sociable.

The location was good and the facility's also. It would have been complete, if breakfast was included.

Early Check in Fee of 29 USD for checkin before 3pm

Right distance to the Vegas Strip, not too close but close enough to walk down. Helpful staff. Nice Pool, open from 8am until midnight. Clean and clean water! Shade options. Hot wirlpool.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

My friends got to the hotel about 2 hrs before I did and the reservation was under my name. I called the hotel, and they were very nice and helpful. They let my friends check in, after I confirmed their names.

The air condition temperature could not be changed and was continuously set to 73° F. This was not a big issue for me as i wouldn't have changed it by much. But it disturbed me, especially because it told staff about it and nothing changed. Water didn't work sometimes, especially in the morning, which was very disturbing as a couldn't shower twice. One light didn't work for much of the stay ether. I didn't tell the last two Points to staff though as I didn't think it worth my time because the air condition wasn't fixed ether.

The location is very good if one needs to attend a trade fair at the convention center. Just about 10 Minutes walking. The strip is not to far away as well. Staff is very nice and the rooms where clean. What I liked very much was, that the windows in the room could be slid to the side making the room open to fresh air and the sun outside (it could of course be closed properly as well).

- wifi-connection wasn't the best

- really friendly and helpful staff (special thanks to Leslie and Cora) - hotel is located close to Circus Circus and its only a 15 - 30 minutes walk to the main attractions on Las Vegas Strip - great pool area - clean and comfy room, really calm during the nighttime - no breakfast included but you get 20 % off per person at Denny's around the corner

• Executive Suite

Nothing. I liked it all. I guess if I had to say something---it would be that the balcony for this room was not really a balcony. It was about a foot or so of ledge with a railing. The rooms on the front of the hotel do have a bigger balcony, though.

Loved how close we were to the strip! Also was very quiet and only heard a siren once in the night---no other neighborhood noises. Also found out on check out that my room was a smoking room. I had NO idea. Was very clean and odorless. Staff were great to us. Sent up someone right away to check the a/c---it had a service icon on it when we got there and wanted to be sure it was working. Gave us plastic cutlery when our delivered food didn't have any. And were so helpful and kind.

• Executive Suite

our room didn't get cleaned out 1st day there. We had a suite and the couch had stains, the little couch in the bedroom was torn.

staff is friendly, great location.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The rooms are not very decorative seems like they haven't updated that hotel in years. The fridge in our room didn't work.

The staff is amazing there. Everyone was very friendly.

Too far from center of strip where we like to hangout.

It’s a great hotel if you want to be away from the strip where it’s quiet. It’s a pretty long walk if u want to do anything.

No breakfast (seems to be normal in the US), Woman at the reception not friendly at all. The hotel is very old, had its best times in the 1970s or 80s. Creepy Magician Advertising

Only five minutes by foot from the main strip away. Friendly housekeeping.

The guy selling the tours at the hotel gave me inaccurate information and told me to come back and finalise my booking. He then never showed, after I waited almost an hour. The reception staff called him and he never responded. If you are booking a Canyon tour go onto the strip and find another company.

Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Allowed me to have have late check out for no extra.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Honestly we stayed in three hotels for our family vacation and this hotel was by far the worst. They NEED to replace the mattresses. I have never slept on a more uncomfortable bed in my life. The whole mattress was extremely lumpy and hard. I was so sore when I woke up the next morning. The carpets were disgusting. It would have been ok if the beds weren’t so bad..because I’m not usually a picky person. But I will never stay here again.

Close to the strip

Fantastic location, walking distance to the Strip and easy to find. The pool was lovely. Happy Hour great prices and lovely snacks. Staff very helpful. Couldn't complain about anything

• Superior King Room

The locks on the sliding doors sucked I kept feeling like someone was going to break in and steal my stuff there was tons of homeless people in the parking lot it just seem like a real bad area and that my stuff wasn't safe there the staff was friendly but the air conditioner didn't work

The location was cool and the Denny's discount was awesome it was right off the strip that was nice

The location is a little far off the main part of strip. It took us 50 minutes to walk to Ceasars. We actually started using Uber to get us there which on the long run we thought we should if stayed at a little more expensive place closer because after all the Uber money we spent...

I liked the price. The staff was great. We easily got a late check out (1pm)

I emailed the property in advance to ask for a free cancellation as we had an emergency and although it says they get back to you within 48h I still haven’t got a reply - a week or more later

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Most staff very nice, one of the front desk ladies seemed cranky all weekend though. Cleaning staff comes rather early in the Am 7:30/8 (well it is Vegas) and will keep knocking/attempt to come in unless you put the do not disturb sign out!

Great pool and hot tub, very clean. Location right behind the Wynn which worked just fine for me. Room quiet, spacious and even had a little balcony. It’s somewhat worn around the edges depending on your expectations but I found it to be a wonderful value and would stay again.

• Superior King Room

The room was not up to my expectations. It was not nearly as nice as what was shown in the pictures when I booked the room. It was very unsanitary, old, and uncomfortable. Old bed and hard bed, couch, and older tube TV.

• Superior King Room

We were there 3day he first morning they never came in to clean room we had to go ask for clean towels the second morning our room was never done again so we went down and told the front desk and they sent someone up to clean the room

nothing everything was awesome

everything in this hotel was excellent:room, parking, pool was heated up all the time kids enjoyed specially cuz wasn't crowded this place is peaceful and not far from the strip just behind from tacos el gordo

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Our room was a little ran down. It could use updating.

the outdoor heated pool was great and its within walking distance to the strip. Staff were very friendly and helpful

what a lovely hotel. beds huge and so comfortable. staff very friendly and helpful. excellent location, central to everything. would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it to everyone.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Small room tv was ancient 24"box terrible picture.Pillows were have the size of a regular standard and only 2 .air conditioner didn't get very cool and we had it on 60 .

The fact that there were no resort fees .did have a Mini fridge and coffee maker...one restaurant and it opened at 5pm so no breakfast options.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The AC did not work, the hall was cooler than the room. We had to keep the slide door window open the entire time to keep it cool in the room. The iron did not work either, it just leaked and wet my clothes.

The slide door opened fully, which helped so much since the AC in the room did not work.

• Executive Suite

The facility is in need of an update and a thorough, deep cleaning.

Location is nice, slightly off the strip and no casino. There is less noise and no cigarette smoke.

TV was a bit old..could do with updated to nice flat screen

Great location, just off the strip. Amazing pool facilities, heated pool and hot tub were great.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

100$ taken on my credit card as "caution".... More than 1 month later ...no refund back on my credit card... And they say that they made the refund... Very unfair....

Good choice for the price. Good location.

• Executive Suite

The shower wasn't clean, my kids and myself got bit by bed bugs. We were all so itchy with bumps all over. When we checked in our fridge wasn't working. The pull out beds were all thin so you feel springs in your back. I guess you really get what you pay for. I regret the stay here.

I like how big the suite is. Its roomy with two bathrooms.

• Executive Suite

That one of the pull out beds had these stains on them. I was told that $100 would be refunded to me and I have yet to see that refund.

The location and the staff was amazing!!

The hotel was pretty much run down with dirty carpets and very old-fashioned furniture (and tube TVs). If you only need a place to sleep for the night it is ok. I wouldn't book it again, though.

The hotel was conveniently located, very close to the convention center, ideal for tradeshow visitors.

• Executive Suite

The two sofa lounges had paper thin mattresses and were very uncomfortable.

That for a family you could combine 2 rooms and have 2 bathrooms. It was clean and spacious.

• Superior King Room

Our room was not cleaned for our last night of stay. It took 45 minutes to get fresh towels.

Staff was friendly. shuttle or taxi came as soon as they called

Decor dated. Although Dennys is close by would be nice if hotel had a restaurant. TV has no hdmi is old tube style, no ability to support modern gaming.

Nice to have frig coffee maker and microwave. Also nice to have ample parking for free. Also no resort fees. Room was a decent size. Liked location.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The air conditioning didnt really work. I notified the receptionist at check out and she said it wasn’t turned on on her end and i needed to ask when i checked in. I think it should have automatically been turned on when i checked in

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room and second bed not what we expected. Pictures showed 2 Queens. We got one queen and a pullout. Not good.

The elevator was very quick. Night Clerk Sunday was very helpful.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

I had to pay extra $100 to upgrade my room because I exspected a room thats like the website but was given a run down looking roach coach room. I was able to trade to the king but had to pay extra $100+ dollars in which i was not happy about. Also my bathroom sink had scum in the bottom of the sink & hair was throughout the shower in which i knew i hadn't washed in it. It made me feel like the room was half cleaned. Cheap price for vegas but i will never stay there again. The carpet in hallways & rooms need to be trashed.

The location less than 9minute lyfte ride to the strip and about 20minute walk. The pool view from room.

• Superior King Room

Only issue is that the ac didn't work very well. It was a little warm in the room. Tried to adjust the thermostat, didn't help.

Hotel was right off the strip. Walking distance to everything. It exceeded my expectations. It is not your typical Vegas strip hotel but nice and good value. Spent time at the pool and was able to bring our own drinks and snacks!

• Executive Suite

Had to wait for room to be cleaned..ac didn't work even after I called..room didn't feel clean..chair had stains on it..i asked for view on pool,got view of parking lot..

The pool hours

Tv's

Great pool area. Easy parking. Tv service was excellent. Near the strip and the monorail train service. Near great convenient stores and a Walgreens and Dennys

• Executive Suite

The room given was nothing like pictured on booking.com. There was no place to grab something to eat in the hotel. There was a vending machine on the 2nd floor and that was about it. There were 1 or 2 soda machines and that was about it. At first I was upset that the room looked nothing like the photo but a couple of weeks later I booked again and preferred the one that didn't have the living room.

The staff was accommodating. This place is away from the strip so it was pretty quiet. You can walk to the beginning of the strip, about a 30 minute walk. There is a Ross, Denny's, Walgreen's, and other little gift shops along the way. The pool area is beautiful. There was more than enough parking. It's not a big tower hotel. We had issues that maintenance took care of immediately.

The building is old, the Executive room carpet is dirty and the sofa bed has a blood stains, the lobby sofa is dirty too, the bed is hard and not comfortable. It's a waste of money to stay in this hotel.

Probably the best 3-star place you can stay on the strip. Rooms are generic with a 32" tube screen TV, but very clean. Location is very quiet. Best of all, it's a 30 second walk from parking to elevator, with no casino in the way.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Discount at Denny's with the room key. Located at the end of the strip, it's a great stay in Vegas, near from mall, short ride to north outlets and within walking distance of places to eat.

The prices for drinks were way to high. Three wines and a Baileys was $78. Won't do that again

Property clean. Pool/spa very nice. Good location for Lyft & Uber

• Executive Suite

It was little old with less facilities.

The hotel location was very good just off the Strip.... It was little old construction but clean enough with very big rooms with king beds. We just needed somewhere for a night and reasonable price which was good for that reason but if you are looking for a fancy hotel with better facilities you need to go to Encore or Wynn or other hotels. Overall I liked it.

The city decided to dig up the side walk at 2am. Not the resort's fault but it made a difficult night sleep. Be aware, the windows and walls are thin.

We like the up front pricing of this hotel. No hidden fees!! The room is large and comfortable.

The carpet in our room was stained, and the sounds of other guests letting their doors slam early in the morning/late at night was jarring. The location also isn't the greatest if you want to be where most of the action is on the strip.

The price per night was very affordable.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The walls are a little thin so sound from the neighbors tends to carry.The lighting could be better (there was knob missing on the lamp.)

They have all the amenities (ample free parking, free cable & wifi, pool and work out facilities,) of all the larger hotels at a resonable rate. Staff is pretty cordial w/ a sense of humor.It's convenietly Located near the fashion mall and Encore Beach Club. Navigating & Parking's a breeze.

• Executive Suite

I would literally have no complaints about this hotel if it wasn't for the bed. Yes the room could use some updates but that would be irrelevant if the bed was up to par. Because both a smoking room and a balcony are so important to me when I travel I would consider this place again, but I would be calling about the beds first. They could consider themselves a hi end old school hotel if they would drop 500 on a mattress that people have come to expect these days.

It was a smoking room with a balcony, which was exactly what I was looking for! The staff was profecianial and a few of them were just great! All in all it was a very nice "old vegas" hotel, and very close to the strip, yet not so close that the noise of busyness over ran the time in the room.

Everything!!!

Beddings were nasty not white. I can hear a couple making love next which disrupted my sleep.It was a nightmare. Never will I book there. Gabbage

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

I am very unhappy about our stay, paid over $70 for this hotel, and the staff was horrible, the AC didnt work and even after maintenance tried to fix he said it was fixed never cooled off so had to open door to outside!! Also very Dirty and dated, beds were hard as a rock and only 2 little pillows if you want to call them that!! When asking the lady who checked me in where we could eat or catch a bus she seemed inconvenienced by the question and wad rude!! Staff stole a swim suit from my Grand daughter and when talking to security, he was extremly rude!! Also never had to pay a deposit, and was not told prior by this sight or resort that there was one and $100 one at that!! When I can walk across to circus circus and pay less for a room, better customer service and 0 deposit is very sad!! When we asked for a different room due the air not working was told we would have to pay extra $50 for a new room!! Never again do not stay here is not worth the price at all!!

No wifi, there is a small rip in the chair, though doesn't bother me

Big bed, balcony, good condition, good location and good value for money, I didn't have much contact with the staffs so can't commend on it much

• Executive Suite

The seal along the sliding glass door was broken and was letting a small breeze in.

Loved the room set up and all the space. The room wasn’t freezing cold when we first got there which I really appreciated. The carpet was nice, the showers had good water pressure and the mirrors and lighting were amazing for makeup and outfit changes.

Bar is not good. Avoid it.

Excelent breakfast. Excelent staff at reception. Clean and confortable room. Good location. The bar is expansive, too many taxes, not recomended. But the hotel is great.

Very unhelpful and unpolite staff. Sent three mails to solve doubts before my stay, and nobody answered. Terrible.

The room was clean and confortable.The lication was good.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

First night I did wake up at 5am because I could hear conversation in the next room. I wish the mattresses were a little firmer.

I can't comment on meals because didn't eat at the restaurant. Location was great. I loved that I didn't have to wait 20 or 30 minutes to check in. Less than 4 minutes. I didn't have to walk a mile though a casino to get to my room. Within 75 steps from my car to my room. Free parking was important.

The strip mall was liquor stores, massage and tattoo parlors, tobacco shops, and a few all you can eat buffets. People were begging, but no one was hassling me. Walking was safe, but cautious. Hotel room carpets need to be updated.

Nice lobby, good staff, rooms are older but very comfortable. Location is close to the big casinos (Palazzo, Venetians, Sands, Mirage), but separated by a strip mall. Parking was free and plentiful and safe. Loved the pool and Jacuzzi. Bed was surprisingly comfortable.

• Superior King Room

The room was NOT like the picture. The tv was a old box model. The room wasn’t clean. The heater didn't work. There was dried up sauce left on the counter from the previous guest in this room. They only had 2 flat pillows on the bed. UNCOMFORTABLE! Overall the room was HORRIBLE!

The room had a balcony

• Superior King Room

stingy with coffee/ no tea and no conditioner. woken by hotel security in the middle of the night wifi not accessible miserable unfriendly staff

nice room

Bed, old and not comfortable. I would not stay there again because of the bed. Beds are a must for a comfortable stay.

Location, pool, hot tub. Fitness room but what l really waned to work out on is broken. Should not be in your pics if it is not opperative.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Shower with low pressure. AC was set automatic, we could not set temperature ourselves, and extremely noisy during night. In our particular case, it was a very cold weekend and the AC and the thin blanket at bed were not enough.

Good price. Room was clean, big balcony with views to north of Vegas strip. Relatively close to the heart of the strip (5-10 min in taxi)

• Executive Suite

Rooms were outdated and the pull out beds were paper thin and very uncomfortable. The second room should have a real bed and not two pullouts.

The Pool and Hot Tub were excellent. Best part about this hotel

• Executive Suite

Carpets were filthy and couches were dirty and stained with who-knows-what. Ask for extra sheets to drape over the furniture.

Parking was ok, but only because there were Lars’s than 6 cars at a time each night. Any more and would not have felt safe about where we had to park.

• Superior King Room

The property is not as nice, kinda old looking. You can hear pretty much anything from the hallway or the room next door. The view is crappy.

Room was nice, very comfy bed and good set up! Location was good, walking distance from Circus Circus Encore, Wynn and Fashion Week. The tacos next door are the best tacos I’ve had!

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

A.C. unit didn't work right, beds were horrible with old mattresses, 3 cars were broken into on the grounds. No storage.

The price was decent, and the pool had recently been redone.

• Superior King Room

First We weren't happy about the room at all. When I was checked in first night AC was very fine however the last 2 nights was a nightmare because there's no AC at all the only thing came was heat and we had to left the back door open at night to got fresh air from outside. Second the bed sheet was very dirty and got some red mark on it and plus housekeeper did make a bed for us but not changed the bed sheet for us and they didn't vacuum the the floor either. The location was a little far to strip Ave so we had to spent so much money to Uber. I wouldn't recommend to anybody to come here.

The staff was very friendly. Easy to check in and out.

Housekeeping was persistent earlier in the morning than is appreciated. Told them to return later (they first came at 8 and then again about an hour later) and they did not return at all

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

I arrived at the hotel at 2:00 am and at 8:00 am housekeeping was knocking on the door. Told them to come back later - which they did maybe an hour later. Told them to come back later, which they did not do at all

Location was good

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Staff. Be aware of fraud. the 100$ you pay at the check-in for what they call property damage is most likely will not returned for any "made-up" reason. looks like it is there way to make extra money out of your pocket. I have seen slimier complains in Booking which seems like a norm for the staff.

location is fair.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The only thing I had problems with was the furniture the drawer's we're broken.oh maybe better pillows also.

Shower was nice,the little refrigerator was nice also.

• Superior King Room

There was no free wifi included in the rate.

Super friendly staff, the jacuzzi was the bomb and the location is great, i prefer to be off the strip a little. It‘s a calm, ‚family feel‘ hotel, Ross, Denny‘s, plenty of restaurants and little stores, the stratosphere, the convention center, the airport are all near, and the view is very quiet, you see the encore and can hear the services from a church near the parking lot. There were all the necessities in the room.

I wished that the hotel was a pick up location for the Grand Canyon tour. I had to walk to Circus Circus to catch the bus. The Grand Canyon was beautiful and worth the walk!

The staff is very friendly and the room was clean with a comfortable bed.

• Executive Suite

The furniture needs to be updated asap and TV ( no biggie) Brings it back to Old Vegas times

I stayed in a Executive Suite very roomie with 2 bathrooms and it has a balcony but a very small one ( for the smokers). Near a hookah lounge and tons of food places!

Dated hotel; limited services;

very kind staff; good breakfast at Peppermill or Denny's across the road; located at end/start strip near busline

• Executive Suite

The cleaning Was not good. The did not vaccum the floor under our stay and it became really dirty. Sometimes the did not visit our room and we had to call for toilettpaper and throw our trash ourselves.

Good location and a great poolarea. The staff Was very friendly and helpfull

Browse Royal Resort traveller photo gallery