Reviews of Royale Palms by Hilton 4 stars

10000 Beach Club Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572, USA

#25 of 240 hotels in Myrtle Beach

Three place was convenient to everything.
    • King Room with Ocean View

They had dogs, I counted 10 different people. They said no pets allowed. I was at the bar area outside and a dog (not on a leash was under my feet)there was also dogs on the beach. Not cool. The room had marks and what looked like food on the walls.

Three place was convenient to everything.

It was perfect and we’ve decided to stay here every time we are in Myrtle Beach.
    • King Room with Ocean View

I wish the restaurant by the pool stayed open past 7:30. And one elavator was not in working order, that caused long lines.

We were pleasantly surprised with Royale Palms. The rooms and facilities were very clean and the staff was beyond helpful and friendly. Not your typical beach hotel, and that was a great thing.

The on site convenience of restaurant and Starbucks.
    • King Room with Ocean View

The room was too small and they didn't let us have over two big towels. So if you wanted to take two showers you would have to call for more and wait for them. Kids were scuba diving in the hot tub which was very annoying. The elevators or slow and one didn't work, spent most of the time waiting on it. Priced way too high for what you got.

The on site convenience of restaurant and Starbucks.

Decorated nicely.
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

Additional daily charges for resort fee, room tax and others. Clean but lacking detailed cleaning along edges of everything.

Decorated nicely. Large. Comfortable.

Over priced
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

The staff was unfriendly and we called room service and it took over a hour no one ever came so we canceled it and it say a oceanfront but it wasn't

The room size and it was close to a Walmart

Cost was way too much for what you really got.
    • Three-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

The pictures to the 3 bedroom unit could have been more accurate. The furniture was torn and dated. Beds were creaky, mattress warn. . . Paying $600 a night, it should have been much nicer than what it was...

The pools were beautiful and the rooms were spacious.

It was so customer and family oriented.

I saw no downside!

It was so customer and family oriented. We arrived early and got in our room hours earlier than the checkin time. The atmosphere was like vacationing at a resort outside the USA. We will be returning!

Everything was great but the bed and the kitchen were disappointing.
    • King Room with Ocean View

The BED was AWFUL! So uncomfortable, with heavy sagging to the center. There was a mini kitchen, with NO plates, utensils, toaster....nothing but a coffee maker and paper cups. After a few days we received a dishcloth and dish soap? Very efficient in leaving decaf coffee, but not regular coffee. So, we could microwave our leftovers from restaurants, but no plates or utensils in the kitchen to eat them with.

The location, the pools, the shuttle service and parking are all great. Proximity to the beach is a plus. We ordered lunch at the pool, and all was well. Service at the pool was very attentive.

Awesome
    • King Room with Ocean View

the house keeping kept ringing the door bell from 830am-10am when I'm thinking check out is at 11am. That was really aggravating when trying to sleep and get ready for check out

Everything was good and great view and great location

Toilet ran due to leak, couldn’t slide open one of the...
    • King Room with Ocean View

Toilet ran due to leak, couldn’t slide open one of the shower doors, paid resort fee but couldn't Connect to WiFi and when called the number supplied tech person couldn't resolve. Had 2 plastic hangers in the closet and only paper cups in the room.

Could have been better
    • King Room with Ocean View

The maintenance man who put his hand in my face and was totally rude... Also when I booked the room it said ocean front which was what I wanted and the room I ended up with was not. It was a trip I planned for my husband's birthday so I was totally disappointed in these aspects. 😞The room we got to start with we couldn't find on the 18th floor so we went back down the elevator and asked the maintenance man and he said "trust me it's there" and as I was looking down at the key card for the room number he waved his hand up and down literally a inch from my face saying "excuse me" here is where your room is. VERY RUDE !!! We did find that ruin which was looking at nothing but a building so we went back to the front desk to get it changed cause I didn't post for a building view,I booked and paid for a ocean front room at that point the desk clerk informs me that all the oven front rooms were condos, so at that point I had to end up settling for another room on the 20th floor which was much better then the one on the 18th floor but still was not what I booked to stay with😞 There was 2 light's out in the room but I was not going to call for maintenance and have to deal with the rude maintenance man !!!

The size of the room, lots of pillows, comfortable bed

We will definitely be back again, this was a very HAPPY place
    • King Room with Ocean View

Great homestyle breakfast, loved the eggs, potatoes, the fruit everything was delicious. I wanted to pack the bed and bring it home with me. My husband and I were here for our anniversary. The bathtub/shower is awesome and very roomy. Great place for families with kids. Upscale but inexpensive.

Nice property, nice staff, nice location
    • King Room with Ocean View

renovation of bathtub shower (one of those insert new tub into old tub set ups) made it challenging to get in and out of tub. I'm a fairly active 49yo without any disabilities, but it was very high to step over for someone not very tall.

beaches were very nice, grounds nice, fitness facility on property (over by large fitness center with tennis and pickle ball courts) was exceptional. breakfast vouchers for continental breakfast much appreciated.

This was a spacious and quiet way to enjoy Myrtle Beach with the Family.
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

I did pay extra for an extended ocean view balcony, we had a beautiful view of the surrounding area but because of the other buildings in the area, there was a limited ocean view, even from the 18th floor. Also, as far as I could tell, the pools were not heated, for a property of this magnitude and quality, it should have heated pools.

The Royale Palms is a spacious alternative to just a hotel room, we took a family of 5 for Spring Break.The 2 bedroom had 2 full bathrooms, large bedrooms, a full kitchen, living room and dining room with a laundry room and balcony. I liked that the building is on the beach and we were able to use all of the facilities at the Hilton and at the Embassy Suites including all of the pools, restaurants and Splash waterpark. The staff was genuinely friendly and we were able to text the front desk for all of our needs which were taken care of quite promptly each and every time.There was a parking deck next to the building. There was a complimentary shuttle service that took us to places within 3 miles of the Hotel so we did not have to worry about driving, it took us to the Tanger Outlets, the Walmart shopping center and even to nearby restaurants. Sometimes there was a bit of a wait for the return shuttle, so we did use Uber on the way back from the grocery store. This was a great place for a family, something to do for everyone. I liked this property because it is situated in a quiet part of town but just a short drive from the Boardwalk and Broadway at the beach.

Terrible for the price..super8 would have been better!
    • King Room with Ocean View

For the price, the value and quality of the room was horrific. The bed was old and extremely uncomfortable to the point I will have to see a chiropractor for an adjustment or two.

Breakfast was ok.

Perfect shortterm getaway!
    • Two-Bedroom Condo - Oceanfront View

Found small amount of trash under the couch....that was unexpected in such an otherwise well maintained condo. Sleep was disturbed by noisy party nearby with balcony door open.

The view from the master bedroom and balcony was hard to leave...

Girls trip
    • Two-Bedroom Condo - Oceanfront View

I could never get a call through to the front desk. Also the toliet over flowed iin the master suite and the maintenance man never came back to dry the carpet. Other than that great experience.

The condo was very spacious and the rooms were clean

It was AWESOME!!!
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

There was nothing not to like. We enjoyed our stay.

We loved everything about our stay. The room was Amazing. It was very spacious, the bed was really nice, the kitchen was nice, everything was GREAT!!! Our house keeper Lorraine was the BEST!!! She is a very nice and sweet lady and was attentive to all of our needs. She’s very special. I hope we have her on our next stay.

My family and I had an awesome time at the Royale Palms, convenient, clean, and feels like home!
    • Three-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

Elevator traffic, however, due to the season we traveled, it was definitely expected!

The location was excellent. Easy to travel to near by stores as well as restaurants. I have vacationed here on several other occasions. A little expensive but truly worth it. It like home away from home!

Great relaxing trip

One person in my group indicated that the bedding was slightly uncomfortable.

The room was spacious, clean and very nice. Great location. The staff were very courteous and helpful.

Wouldn’t do it again..
    • King Room with Ocean View

The swimming pools didn’t have much to them, they were always cold, as were the hot tubs. When we did swim, which wasn’t much, there were always roaches in them. There was pretty much nothing for kids to do. The closest indoor pool was down the road in another building. If you have kids or enjoy having fun, this is not the hotel for you.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, and there was a lot for adults to do around the hotel and surrounding areas.

Even thought I was there for business, I felt like I was on a mini vacation...

Can't think of anything

My over all experience was top notch. Your staff was friendly and eager to make sure I was happy. They always greeted me with a smile and asked if there was anything they could do for me. My room was clean and the person who took care of my room was wonderful. My room smelled and looked clean. Thank you for a great stay I will be back...

• Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

Very outdated furniture and interior design. Not what I expected or anticipated for a Hilton property. The lobby area beautiful, but the rooms needed much attention. Some of the lamps did not work, we had to take light bulbs from other lamps to use for the ones that we needed to use. The t.v. in the second room needed to be replaced. The dishwasher was dirty, dusty areas throughout the condo that we had including on the televisons. The overall interior needed a great amount of attention. Difficult to reach someone to bring a remote for the master tv that was missing( kept being disconnected before reaching someone to address the issue). We finally gave up waiting for someone after a couple of hours, we decided to go ahead and leave the room, when we found the remote placed outside our door, but that was our fault as we still had the do not disturb on the door. There were structural issues in the bathrooms (rusty fixtures and damaged tiles).Telephone in the kitchen was dismantled and cords all over the kitchen counter. The pool was very disappointing, for an outdoor pool it should have been a heated pool. Light fixture in another one of the pools was detached. Just expected much better for a Hilton property.

It was a good ocean view.

Super Friendly staff, Gladly offered every service and...
    • King Room with Ocean View

Everything was great, clean, friendly staff, good food, we had room service, and ate at the restaurant in house. Price was in line with quality. No complaint, sorry no suggestions for improvement.

Super Friendly staff, Gladly offered every service and luxury. Left no question unanswered.

Great stay, nice time of year.
    • King Room with Ocean View

We were confused with check in. The Royal Palms is separate from Hilton, no check in at Palms, had to walk to Hilton to get reservation and check in. TV remote was messed up in room, would not turn TV on. Had to call maintenance.

Pool area and beach.

They reserved funds on my card that I am battling to get...
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

They reserved funds on my card that I am battling to get released by them 700 dollars to be exact and they debited my card for a deposit of 290 dollars on making the reservation.

The condo and hotel far exceeded our expectations. Location was perfect and highly recommend.
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

We were there in off season so there could have been better lunch options at outside bar.

Our condo was absolutely beautiful. It far exceeded our expectations with regards to roomieness, cleanliness, confort and beauty. The view from our room was very nice. Although it was an indirect ocean view, we had a decent view of ocean and our condo overlooked a pretty courtyard and a small pool. Very nice. Also our patio wrapped around the entire front of condo making it very enjoyable to have coffee or late night drinks.

Nice resort over all
    • King Room with Ocean View

While I booked an ocean view room, I was unable to see the ocean. Room given to me was on 1st floor and the furtherest distance from the ocean. Had a leaned over the railing and stood up, I might have been able to actually see the ocean. (I would have complained, but I arrived after dark -in anticipation of waking up to the view). I was sadly dissapointed.

Overall great stay that had an incredible location that can't be beat.
    • Two-Bedroom Condo - Oceanfront View

VERY limited outdoor parking for oversized vehicles. Great if you're lucky to get one of a dozen spots, otherwise you get charged for valet parking. Hotel could have been cleaner and the condo a bit more updated. Shower pressure was terrible. Apparently they have a brand new fitness center, but it was located offsite with indoor pool. That was inconvenient and we never made it over. Total cost for the unit was over $350/night including taxes and resort fee. Not so sure it's worth that. Luckily we had a $50/ day credit from Booking.com that could be used for resort facilities.

The view was awesome (tenth floor ocean front condo). Staff was very polite and helpful. Pools were nice. The food at the on site restaurant was good and the waiters excellent.

Needs a lot of reinventing/cosmetic update, great location and friendly staff besides Steven.
    • King Room with Ocean View

Some things appeared very dirty and the same glasses sat by the pool restroom doors our entire stay. The hotel needs a lot of reinventing... and the carpet should be replaced. Our friends room in the Hilton smelled terrible and there seemed to be a leakage problem with the fridge... Steven at the tiki bar was one of the most rude servers I have ever experienced. Very miserable and flat out rude for no reason. Seems like you couldn't ask him a single question or order your first drink or food without him being nasty and irritated towards you.

We enjoyed the tiki bar, sand pool, easy access to the beach, towel bar, the restaurant, and the Starbucks bar. Also the shuttle was nice but the two mile radius was too literal. Alicia, Brian, Zoe, Jill, and the other two female servers at the tiki bar gave excellent service!!! Front desk staff was also awesome and very pleasant! We had a nice stay overall and our room was always cleaned right on time.

For the value I wasn't satisfied.
    • King Room with Ocean View

The bed wasn't too comfortable and the pillows need to be exchange as well.

The staff at the reception area were friendly and accommodating to the point that they were able to.

Will definitely be back!
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

I wish there was continental breakfast included, but there were several restaurants on site.

The amenities we're awesome. Exactly like the pictures!

Wonderful girlfriend weekend - we had a great time!
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

Should have a free shuttle to and from the airport

The property was clean and well maintained. 4 beautiful pools and beach, great beach bar, free shuttle to area restaurants was a big help! The staff was very polite and helpful and took care of our requests quickly.

Cleanliness
    • King Room with Ocean View

Our room wasn't cleaned for the first 30 hrs and we don't know why. We ask twice for it to be cleaned but it wasn't cleaned. When it FINALLY got cleaned, they didn't vacuum or sweep the bathroom floor. They didn't even bother to put the top cover on the bed. I kept everything cleaned up and picked up so, they at least should have cleaned our floors.

I thought the employees were great.

was disappointed that I paid so much to stay in a "luxury" condo when it was far from being luxuriou
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

The ceiling fan and light didn't work in the living room. There was no coffee cups in the cabinets, a nice coffee pot, but no cups. And I had to go to the front desk to get towels because no one answered the phone when I called to request more. There were only 4 towels in the condo for a family of 8.

Beds were good

Paid for Hilton, stayed at Motel 6.
    • King Room with Ocean View

The mattress was springy and made noise and had a slight tilt to it. The dust ruffle literally had dust on it. The walls were marked up from being bumped into and dry walls patches not sanded down. The shower door was off track and was hard to close completely. The air conditioner was so loud and barely spit out and air. The dishes in the room were dirty from the last guest--in particular it was startling to see coffee stains on a coffee mug and half a bottle of already used dish soap. There were no liners for the ice machine. The hard bound guide for the hotel was missing so the from desk made a copied black and white version on regular paper. Housekeeping never came during the stay.

I really did not like anything. This was a no frills stay over lodging type of set up. Poor customer service with beat up dirty rooms.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

First time in Myrtle Beach
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

Bathrooms in lobby and pool area were old and not clean.

Our room was a great size and clean. Loved being on the beach. We were able to watch the kids play in the ocean right from our pool chairs. And, the lifeguard was right there.

The service was very poor.
    • King Room with Ocean View

The service was very poor. I also was very disappointed in how the staff was not informative. The web site is very misleading and fails to tell you that all the resources are not in this one location. After calling the front desk reference speaking to someone about the room I was advised they would call me back... my phone call was never returned.

This place provided a nice and relaxing weekend for the family.
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

The condo was located in a nice area with lots of onsite facilities to accommodate everyone. They also provided a shuttle to take us to the local shops and stores.

Overall nice with friendly staff especially IAN Front Desk, ANTHONY Pool Service, and AMAIFI staff.
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

No paper towels, or coffee liners were provided. No TV CHANNEL guide made it hard to find anything without scrolling all channels.

overall living conditions of my unit were updated, comfortable and of higher quality. Beds were comfortable and curtains were nice and heavy (blocked heat from sun). Bath and kitchen were updated and tastefully done.

i was my wifes birthbay so we were celebrating, on our last...
    • King Room with Ocean View

i was my wifes birthbay so we were celebrating, on our last day, which was actualy her birthday,we had breakfast it the hotel . went to be seated and the woman was SANDRA , i am usually not good with names bt remember hers . i told her it was my wifes birthday out of casual conversation ,she just replied happy birthday, minutes later she showed up with 5-6 peaple singing hap birthday with cake and a smile . also see waited on or table like we ordered a 500 dinner . what a jewel you have in her!!! will come back!

Disappointed for the cost!
    • King Room with Ocean View

Rooms are very outdated, house keeping cleaned the best they could with what they had to work with. elev. service was the worst that I have ever seen. We had to leave a day early, Hilton was going to refund our room for the last night but couldn't because we booked through booking.com. Now that I know that I will book direct with Hotel from now on.

Most of the Staff was friendly. The pool monitor gave my husband and I a hard time about leaving our towels on the chairs while we went up to have breakfast at the hotel. Told us we better be back in an hour or our stuff will be in the lost and found. We watched the same two towels save 5 chairs for three days and the people never showed up.he didn't do anything about that.

They could have been a little more accommodating.
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

They could have been a little more accommodating. We booked the breakfast with the room and they said we didn't and wanted to charge us more than what we were already paying. Which was an arm and a leg! There was one point we couldn't sit on our balcony because someone was cleaning the balcony above ours and water and soap was flooding ours. Terrible.

The stay was not as relaxing as it should have been!
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

Did not like the non availability of wash cloths and limited availability of the elevators (one was out of commission most of the stay) There were no paper towels in the full kitchen. There was a problem with the air-conditioning unit for two days.

Like the partial ocean view and size of the room

Great fun for families with some issues
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

1/3 elevators were broken with a full hotel which made getting to and from our room on the 19th floor a nightmare. By far the biggest issue we encountered. Also they were doing some kind of renovation on our hallway with pulling up carpet and fans and paint which was also a mess. Beach and pools were super packed during peak hours but that is to be expected this time of year. Menus at pools were super limited

Pros: tons of amazing pools kept kids entertained, room was huge and spacious and very nice. Coffee shop in lobby had ice cream for nightly treats. Could order from any of the Kingston restaurants and charge to room.

Accommodations were excellent and very comfortable!
    • Two-Bedroom Condo - Oceanfront View

We did not like that you had to wait to pay at the property! I ended up having a balance that I thought was already all paid in full! I checked with the front desk the morning after we checked in and they said everything was fine! I had a zero balance and everything was paid in full! But when I went to check out I had a balance and it was not handled professionally by the front desk manager! she was rude and very unprofessional in front of other people!! Up until that point we had an excellent stay!

Accommodations were excellent and very comfortable! We did not eat at any of your restaurants though I did have Starbucks daily !

Loved it!
    • King Room with Ocean View

Music at the pool was too loud!

Beautiful property, great value (no more than we used to pay at older, "tired" Myrtle Beach hotels). Hilton name carries a quality expectation and the Palms delivered.

Didn't like paying for the extras.
    • King Room with Ocean View

You had to go through the Royale Palms lobby and to the other Hilton lobby and walk through people to get to the beach and when you come back from the beach you have to do the same thing all sweaty and sticky. The carpet in our room felt sticky and we kept our shoes on the whole time. Didn't like all the extras you had to pay for on the beach you had to pay for an umbrella with 2 chairs (145.00 for the week), you had to pay to park your car (17.99 per day), you had to pay for your breakfast (17.99 per person) and all the extra charges on room service and then had to give a tip on top of it (75.00 for 2 cheeseburgers w/fries and 12 chicken wings).

The staff was very nice. a bell hop? help unload my car and take to our room and unloaded it. Everyone was very nice.

We had three teenagers with my husband and I. They got a little bored, but we loved it!
    • Two-Bedroom Condo - Oceanfront View

The second bath could have been larger. The extra hall closet would have been better used to make the bathroom larger. Slow elevators.

Beds were great and the pillows too. Having laundry in the room was helpful as well as the large walk in closet. We were on the second floor and the view was perfect from the extra large balcony. The master bedroom was outstanding in size and comfort.

My safe at Royal Palms was awesome
    • King Room with Ocean View

For the out door activity the food should have been cover up. Flies were on the fruits no one want to eat food with flies.

The area was very nice and close to the Beach 🌊

Overall it was ok
    • King Room with Ocean View

The booking advertisement is misleading.I went expecting a room with the cook stove and living area. We didn't have a menu or directory for the tv channels.The channels were very limited.

The staff was very polite.The food was good.

Great location, pools, and amenities with huge, gorgeous rooms.

Pillows could be better.

Beautiful room on beach with tons of pools and activities for kids. Rooms had everything we needed- laundry room, pots pans and even a blender. Huge balcony too. We loved the poolside servers and the variety of pools- we could choose from Bar-side pool, kid friendly sand-bottom pool, secluded (palms-only) pool, or splash park with lazy river etc. They also had kids activities like tie-dying tshirts and scavenger hunts. Grown ups enjoyed the tiki bar, BBQ and live performances all (4th of July) weekend. One week wasn't long enough to enjoy everything on site. It's also centrally located so it was easy to get to both barefoot landing as well as Broadway at beach, dinner shows etc. After over 10 trips to myrtle beach, this is our favorite place that we have stayed so far.

The area was nice
    • King Room with Ocean View

Booking.com said it was an Oceanfront room when I got there it was not and they said that booking.com lied the hotel had extra charges that they charged me y'all did not tell me about my room was 83 degrees when I called maintenance to come fix it at 4 in the morning they said just wait till the day shift came in and they would fix it the next day it stayed at about 75 and was never fixed. This staff of the desk was pretty rude I got two rooms that was supposed to be conjoining and we were across the hall from each other for the rooms we got did not equal the amount of what I paid for them

The area was nice

We will not stay at this property again!
    • King Room with Ocean View

When my wife and I arrived at the property and we finally got to our room it was horrible.My wife first thought that the people that was previously in our room had been smoking cigarettes in there. Then we noticed that the mini fridge did not work. I immediately let the front desk know and we went down to the beach to "stretch our legs"some after driving for 7 hours. To make a long story short the "maintenance"man was rude and did not know what the hell he was talking about. The following morning I woke up early to watch the sunrise over the ocean and to my surprise as I was entering the room from the balcony I noticed black mold on the curtains and I took pictures of it. For some odd reason this review has calculated 2.9 overall score but it should actually be a negative 2.9 !

Over-Priced Headache
    • Three-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

This place was a joke. I have paid less than half the price to stay at other places and had twice the experience! Maid service was horrible, the inspector was rude as hell, had a bed bug incident and the trailer hitches off both of my brand new vehicles was stolen off their property in the parking garage. I had over $140k between two vehicles in their Garage, I paid over $2400 to stay at this place for 3 nights, expecting that at the least this place would have security cameras in the parking deck, but nope! So attention theives! Hilton hotels apparently only have cameras on the entrance and exits! There is more, but for the sake of not writing a book, I will end this review by say that I will not ever be staying in a Royal Palms/ Hilton again!

The only thing that made this a good experience was the manager lady. She did refund part of the charges.

Beautiful location and great in condo conveniences.
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

the televisions were outdated and not good quality. The condo felt a little shopworn.

Loved the beach view, balconies, full kitchen, baths, laundry and convenience.

Refrigerator kept drinks very cold.
    • King Room with Ocean View

Refrigerator kept drinks very cold. Like the fact that it and the microwave was already in the room. Liked that I could get if wanted in the future 2 adjoining rooms

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Great Beach Vacay
    • Two-Bedroom Condo - Oceanfront View

The property was very clean, staff was great, valet was fast, and location was great. Room was super clean, I booked a two bedroom condo, plenty of space for a great family trip, also several pools located on the property, and the beach is steps from the pool. I will defiantly book again!!

Very nice will stay again
    • Two-Bedroom Condo - Oceanfront View

Spa services left a message and they never returned our calls.

Convenient staff friendly restaurants were wonderful tiki bar outside so nice and the staff there were great

Is it right on the beach? Yes!
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

It was a little pricey and no cable television provided in the rooms. Check in is at 4pm and check out is at 11am. Although, it was great and this was just a day trip for a basketball tournament I would have liked to have more time in the room for the money.

The rooms were clean. There was a homie feeling that made me comfortable. I am not a big hotel person so that says a lot. I slept well. I could hear the ocean from the room did not need the white noise machine.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Stay Away From This Place
    • King Room with Ocean View

Beds were not comfortable, dirty towels, dirty sheets and pillow cases. You could hear when other guest flushed the toilet, and the air conditioning system was loud.

Property suggests not to use Booking.com - YIKES!
    • King Room with Ocean View

There was not enough staff to accommodate the volume of guests. There were always lines for breakfast, snacks (Starbucks/ice cream pavilion) and at the front desk if you needed to ask a question. Also, we were not able to reach staff by phone. (e.g. front desk, housekeeping) Their solution to anyone's issue was to issue breakfast passes. It became comical. We observed other guests receiving the same run around. They overcharged us, until I showed proof of full payment, and then they blamed booking.com for their error!

The property was nice and convenient to the main roads. Great beach access.

6.0
    Royal Palm needs improvement if they consider there hotels a 5 star hotel😡
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

Stayed 3 night and paid over $950 dollars not including taxes. The housekeeper only clean my room 1 day and the other 2night, I had to make my on bed up, take out the trash and walk down to the lobby to get towes. I called and requested coffee to be sent up to my room and it took them almost 3 hours to deliver the smallest request. The hotel looked a little understaff in all dept. I think the Hilton is a little un organized and needs to improve in all dept.

My family were very in impressed with the condo it was very beautiful.

Nice place and friendly staff
    • King Room with Ocean View

*Had to keep calling housekeeping to clean our room a few times because they kept skipping us for some reason. *Tried calling guest services number a few times from our room and they would not answer the phone every single time I tried to call. I had to walk down to the desk. That was very annoying. *There should be at least one "adult only" hot tub. We couldn't use the hot tubs because parents were letting all the kids play in it like it was a pool. Actually jumping in and out splashing all over the place. A hot tub is supposed to be relaxing not having kids doing cannon balls in it. * We found the drink prices at the poolside bar outrageously priced.

Friendly front desk staff team members. The grounds were clean and nice. Overall we did like our stay at the hotel and would recommend it. We really liked the bar/food area right on the beach. Food was good and so were the drinks.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

you can not go wrong at this hotel.
    • King Room with Ocean View

my booking. I booked a room with kitchen when I got there I didn't received what I booked but overall the hotel was a great pick. I will call the hotel direct to get what I want the next time.

great!

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Always very pleasant, worked out in the gym below an had a nice breakfast buffet, then walked beach
    • King Room with Ocean View

Could have been better if the Health club would have been part of the hotel or walking distance. Taking the shuttle was always a long wait to come back.

The room was great an we like the location an clean beach.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Disappointment for the price
    • King Room with Ocean View

The towels were frayed and one even had holes. There were no tissues in the room and when asked for we were given a refill pack with no dispenser. The tub required a leap to get into over the very high side. There was only one chair in the room. The carpet was stained in several places. There was no bag in the closet for laundry. These may appear to be small things; but, in what is supposed to be a luxury hotel this was a terrible presentation. Valet parking was never staffed. The in-hotel restaurant was overwhelmed with attempting to service room service and a small showing of registered guests. It was decorated like an iHop rather than the Cafe Amalfi which it represented at a much higher level than it is although the food was quite good. Considering the price, this was an extremely disappointing showing for the Hilton.

This was a good location on North Beach, easy to access, good parking on the property. Room service was pleasant and the food was good.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Hilton Palms
    • Two-Bedroom Condo - Oceanfront View

at checkout, no valet carts available, probably not returned by other guests...

Oceanfront view was excellent, no elevator waiting, easy in, easy out for daily adventures.

Royale Palms is our ONLY place we'll stay in Myrtle Beach
    • Three-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

Honestly there isn't much to complain about. But our weekend was meant to be utter relaxation. When we checked in that afternoon, all we wanted to do was vegetate in the living room and watch movies. Only 3-4 movie channels...the rest was junk/reality TV. That's it. No pay per view options either. So we got out our PlayStation so that we could rent movies from Amazon. Their internet was slow. I'm aware that hotels put certain blocks up so to prevent streaming. I also know that you can purchase more internet from the hotel and maybe streaming would be possible, but the charge is ridiculous if you're staying more than one night. We ended up having to venture out to find a redbox jut to have a few good movies (P.S. The rooms do have DVD players in them). I've stayed at Holiday Inn's that had much better TV/movie options than what the RP had. However, THAT is the only complaint. Had we been busy this weekend, we probably would not have watched any TV and this wouldn't have even come up. Don't misunderstand-this is OUR place we will be staying at when we go to Myrtle Beach. I love the resort! The staff is great and its away from the madness of South Myrtle. This won't impact our future stays. Just something that would have made our first night absolutely perfect.

We had a 3 bedroom condo-the rooms were big, and for 6 people, it felt spacious. Everything we needed to stay was supplied.

It was a great experience, that's why I always stay on that side of town.
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

I didn't like the fact that when I checked in on Friday night March 17, 2017, the guy at the front desk didn't hand me anything, he sat everything on the counter top. I handed him everything because to me that is a sign of disrespect.

The bed was amazing and very comfy! The bathroom was amazing! Everything was wonderful!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

2 Bedroom Condo
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

You always pay a little more for any Hilton accommodation but it is worth the extra $$$

Once again this Hilton accommodation was second to none. The 2 bedroom condo was spacious, immaculate and everything we expected for our Hilton stay.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Great for a family
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

I didn't like the noise. I could hear through the walls of someone talking so loud. And also the view from my room wasn't so glamorous but we did have a view ...

I liked the fact it was spacious. The room felt like a home away from home. And it being fully stocked!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Beautiful hotel with friendly staff
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

It was a little expensive, but worth it!!

The hotel agent Latoya was very helpful when we had to move from the Kingston Plantation due to the unclean nature of the place, to Royale Palms. Hotel was gorgeous, rooms were gorgeous and very comfortable!!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Paradise....
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

The view could have been better.

Staff was warm and friendly. The room was amazing. The toiletries were well stocked. Kitchen appliances and cookware were very nice.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Beautiful Condo condo right on the beach!
    • Three-Bedroom Condo with Ocean View

Wifi was sketchy if you wanted to watch Netflix.

The 3 BR condo was huge, very quiet and clean, had a great view. The ocean view beach bar and pool was great. The bartender Bryan was great with recommendations for food. There was a nice buffet breakfast that had pretty much everything. We were there on the off season and it was wonderful. Close to outlets, restaurants, steps from the beach. We would definitely come back and maybe bring our husbands this time...