Reviews of Motel 6 Kansas City 2 stars

#82 of 86 hotels in Kansas City

5.7

6.1

6.2

I feel like I got a good deal.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The entrance to parking lot could use maintenance. I wish the microwave had worked. The coffee was fresh but weak. Wish there was at least pastries and fruit for breakfast...or at least pastries!

I feel like I got a good deal. It fits a budget minded traveler. The location was convenient to major highways, moderately priced restaurants, Worlds of fun/ Oceans of Fun and gas. The clerks were pleasant. There were at least 12 safety monitors between the two buildings. The stairs were not steep. The room smelled very nice when we entered the room (5 star). Very welcoming! The condition of the room was acceptable. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean. Most importantly, Motel 6 accommodated our two dogs! I like that it was convenient to "potty" our dogs.

No microwave or fridge showers looked nasty and they were...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No microwave or fridge showers looked nasty and they were not able t keep up with ice for multiple people and this ghetto black girl was yelling at customers in lobby just because she was on a speaker call and I dont think she was even a customer herself..

Horrible!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff totally messed up my check in, and then tried to fix the mess, a day later, instead of immediately fixing the problem. Causing me a lot of anguish and grief!! I hate Motel 6! I will never stay at another Motel 6, because of the calamity I suffered at this one.

I hated the place!

Only that my husband was ok with it.

I did not like that the faucet was loose,needed to be fixed..and that i could'nt get my room untill 3pm because it was a smoking room.also if i wanted to changed to a non smoking room it would've cost more.

Only that my husband was ok with it...

It was ok.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Floors were dirty and slippery, had an old soap bar from previous tenants by sink, room smelled funky, tub was clogged, bed very uncomfortable.

The lady at the front desk was nice.

3.5
    No satisfied
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff she was alseep and couldn't wake her up and when I did she was being rude and also I booked online for 2nights nd only had me down one one night and my price for 2 nights was 148 and I payed 101 for only one night when I had already booked online for 2 night.

Close to the park that's all.

Just scroll past this place. They will give others a reduced rate infront of you.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was absolutely terrible. From management to the rooms, to the front desk. Absolutely tragic to have to spend a night since they don’t do a refund on your room after staying longer than 15 minutes. (We tried to leave an hour and a half after) The rooms smell musty, huge long legged spider in the bath tub, with spider webs, floor had foot prints beside the sink, bathroom door does not close properly or even lock. Front desk was a total nightmare. As a Canadian, when I was explaining the washroom door doesn’t fully shut and it stinks, I called it a washroom and she argued that she called it a rest room. Okay? Refused to phone manager when asked to speak with because he was a busy person, or was it because there was a family emergency? She said both.

Nice quiet property
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hassle of deposit because of cash, even though I had cc on file and booked online. No microwave, no shampoo and conditioner and also no extra blankets. Need two new pillows for this room. Also, no coffee pots and nor any coffee in rooms...

Quiet, clean, staff was polite and understanding..

Not acceptable
    • King Room - Disability Access

I felt like I was checking into a jail when I went into front desk to check in. You have to talk through a window and the paperwork was given to you on a tray under the window. The desk clerk said it was because of all the armed burglaries in the area. Did not feel safe and should of just left, but it was too late at night to start looking for another hotel to stay at. Never again!!!!

Nothing. It was dirty, old and in a bad location of the city

Although it has some shortcomings, it's a good value and cleaner then most value motels in the area.
    • King Room - Smoking

Didn't have a fridge or a microwave although it was renovated not too long ago. I was told because of theft which I thought was a ridiculous reason to not have those amenities. I mean how many fridges and microwaves were being stolen to warrant such a policy. Also, I didn't like that the rate would go up on weekends or when there was a sporting event in the city when the stadiums are not that nearby nor did the property get so filled up due to those reasons to have such a policy.

It's an updated/renovated room and is kept clean. Good/fair value for the money.

To the front desk keep doing what you're doing an amazing job it
    • King Room - Non- Smoking

The manager was a douchebag and that's being nice about it. He is going to lose a lot of business and that's sad because his staff are very, they friendly always mind you are the way. They even say that he's a jerk.

The staff was very helpful,and always willing to go that extra mile to make sure everything was satisfactory

It was easy to check in
    • King Room - Smoking

Cleanliness working with your customers and always remember that the guest is always right

No one spoke English. is it a quarter til 11 they're already knocking on our door seeing if we had left yet with the night before we tell them we probably be a little late checking out about 20-30 minutes at this time it was 11:47

Disgusting !
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Bathtube had hair in it. The room floor had stains all over it. The door lock was jammed but the top lock did work. The TV only had ESPN in Spanish (not a huge deal). The room was the worst room I have ever had. I was too tired to leave and find a new motel so I stayed the night. But I could not walk around in the disgusting room. I left in the morning and paid $65 to get another room at another motel just to take a bath. I travel around 8 to 10 days a month and I will never stay at a motel 6 again. The bad part for you guys is that I will not book through a travel website again, I will pay the extra money and look at the rooms before I book them. I have a small 4 person company and 3 of us travel. I have already told the other two guys who travel that I will not be paying for motel 6 rooms anymore.

Disgusted
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place was not all that clean. The walls where a dingy color. The towels had hair all over them. The bathroom look like it had never been cleaned.

It has air

Poor guest relations

$50 deposit never charged before-EVER only swiped card in case damages occured. Now you have to pay the deposit and room charges at check in. I've been staying there off and on for last month and never had these issues with anybody working there.

Clean basic inexpensive room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Was told initially they did not have a weekly rate. Then after paying for a couple nights, they had one (cheaper nightly than what was paid for first few nights).

Clean basic inexpensive room.

I guess you can't expect a Hilton for a Motel 6. I needed a bed and a shower and that's what I got.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room could have been cleaner (very dusty under the beds). The tub had dirt particles at one end. Only ONE tiny bar of soap was provided.The stairs need to be refreshed. The room was small and crowded. The check-in clerk wasn't very helpful with directions.

Bed slept good. Coffee in the lobby was good. The housekeeping staff was friendly.

The front desk man was very kind. The 2 rooms we had were the worst 2 rooms we have ever stayed in.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was supposed to be a non smoking room, but it smelled heavily of smoke. Water stains all over the ceilings. Bathroom was dirty. Room was basically falling apart. Terrible rooms.

Closeness to Worlds of fun

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleaner rooms, our ice bucket was dirty. Looked like crumbs were in it. Bathrooms were tiny, and no breakfast offered, no fridge, no microwave, no hairdryer, or ironing board.

Totally unacceptable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had bookef two rooms. The first two rooms we were given had not been cleaned. The second two rooms had not been cleaned. It was pouring rain and I was soaked through walking from room to room. We finally got two cleans rooms after looking at four rooms. It was unacceptable.

Great place. Even better customer service
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The bathroom door, needed to be replaced, as did the faux wood on floor, & a spot on the wall, in the bathroom, where door handle made contact w wall. The locks on main entry door, needed to be. Redone.They were not very secure, had toput luggage against it at,nite.All,in,All would be happy to stay there again

Most of staff were wonderful. Dave, very nice mangot us checked in, as soon as we arrived.Great customer service he was trying to correct a problem from a diffrent, unrelated hotel chain. NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!! There was also,another male employee, that upon hearing of a couple minor issues with the current stay, promptly reduced our rate. And left myself wife & i with nothing but great things to say about this motel 6.

Not good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The night girl was rude and our key didn't work. It was such an effort for her to get off her phone to help us and she was extremely rude and used foul language.

Not the best place to lay your head
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The facility was horrible. Nasty and great odor. Tub was not clean and the bed was not made. Spiderwebs were in the bathroom corner and the toilet was dirty. Very unpleasant atmosphere.

The customer service was superb.

Not very clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not very clean. You get what you pay for. The location was very convenient but to me it was not in the best area of town. I would stay there again if I was going to worlds of fun. The price is very reasonable

the guy at the front counter wwas very nice and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the noise outside the door of people talking was very clear.

the guy at the front counter wwas very nice and helpful. the rooms were comfortable and even know at night i could hear alot from outside our door i did get to relax.

Roach infested hotel/ horrible customer Service
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Suoervisor, Manager could have been more accomodating.

Roach crawled on my fiancé. We knew something was caring on her but it was dark and we couldn't see. Woke up in the morning with a roach on the wall. House keeping knocked on our door and saw the roach and was freaking out. Worst experience at a hotel. Staff Dave was not doing his job. Was not being accommodating to the fact that his staff and my family saw the roach at the same Time was priceless. Dave had no truth in his words. Changed his story and made it seem as if what his staff and my family saw was a make belief story. Worst experience.

Gross
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom a was gross. Tub had brown soap scum on the bottom, found out it was from the massive amount of hair in drain causing it not to drain. Back of door was filthy and there was a gross substance on the light switch. Went to report to desk when I checked out and she wouldn't take her foot off the counter to turn around and talk to me. That game on her phone was much more important.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
    • King Room - Disability Access

Manager unaccommodating, could not furnish an extra pillow. Was chatting outside office and didn't answer to several calls for service.

It was clean no frills

This is NOT a clean hotel at all.
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was inhabitable and was not cleaned from the previous inhabitants. There were cigarette burns all over and ashes too. The walls were covered in fingerprints.

Nothing, the room was disgusting.

Bypass this property!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place needs a lot of work. It has areas in the walls where there has been holes repaired. There were a couple areas that do need repairs but have been neglected. dirty and located in a bad area. Signs everywhere stating "Not responsible for damage to your belongings or automobile.

nothing "positive " to say about this property. See what I didn't like. .

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Won't go back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Woke up with a giant spider in my bed. Bathroom was disgusting. Went to use a towel they provided and it had blood all over it. Floors were dirty. Bed was hard.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Do NOT stay here

The rooms are so nasty.....we had an outlet burnt and ac wouldnt cool the room it would kick off and on when we told someone at the desk they said it seemed to be fine. When it did again wengot another room. The room was cooler but they did not sweep or mop the floor no telling what else wasnt cleaned. The locks wouldnt lock at all!

This place sucks
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It does not look like the pictures whatsoever. The employees were super slow and didnt smile or say you're welcome, or have a good day. The bathroom floor was wet when we got there and the shower floor was dirty. The pillows are super flat and uncomfortable and all of the towels are really rough. The cleaning lady knocked three times within the span of one hour when we kept telling her we didnt need it but none of their cleaning staff speaks english so that makes sense. And the room didnt even have a mini fridge or microwave so we had to buy a cooler and use the microwave in the staff room which i had to wait in line for even though the people in front of me were filling out paperwork. Dont you think that while she was just waiting for the people to finish their paperwork that she could have grabbed my food and hit the 30 second button? There are no refunds so we couldnt leave after seeing that the room looks nothing like the photos. No one should go there.

The sink looked fancy but the drain was gross.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

For what we paid it was okay.
    • King Room - Non- Smoking

Wish the room would have had more seating. There was a small bench seat in the corner by the table and that was it. There was plenty of room for a small couch or another chair. Heard someone say it was known as the "tweaker hotel". That bothered us a little but we didn't have any bad experiences all night and the other occupants were all quiet.

Check-in was fast and easy and the clerk on shift was very friendly. Did not have any interactions with other staff. Room was clean but the hotel itself could use some updating.

Staff was not very friendly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was not very friendly. Was told when we arrived that we may not have a room even though I had booked on line. Room was ok bathroom not the cleaniest.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

No doorknob on inside the bathroom door.
    • King Room - Smoking

Clean the place up, old is OK, but dirty is not.

No doorknob on inside the bathroom door. Had trouble getting out. Dirty rag on the floor with dead bug. The place was just dirt. Also has paper thin walls, you hear everything.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

would never stay here again not worth it.
    • King Room - Smoking

The first room we were given smelled like a skunk. There were burn holes in the blankets and the room did not appear very clean. They moved us to another room and the baseboard trim was coming off the wall the cailing light looked like it was going to fall. They definitely do not maintain their hotel very well.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Worst hotel ever
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The door didnt lock because it was broken. The bathroom wasn't clean, big hole in wall, tub wasn't clean it had a thick black stain in the bottom of the tub. I ask for another room but couldn't because the desk clerk said that the hotel was full. Didn't offer any kind discount, didnt care that we weren't safe. She didn't apologized just said there's nothing I can do and hung up. I paid to much for a room like that. Unacceptable!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Just okay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The rooms have no coffee maker the TV was extremely small the floors were dirty there was pen drawings on the bathroom door there was a hole in the wall in the bathroom a hole in the door in the bathroom and the latch on the entrance door was broken.

Staff at check in were friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

The bed was comfortable the location was great.
    • King Room - Non- Smoking

Upon arrival our room was still dirty, the walls were dirty the latch on the door didn't work. the paint on the ceiling was peeling off. their was mold in the corner of the bath tub sheets were stained towels were still damp! When we checked out we asked to talk to a manager their was no manager on duty and they front desk had no authorization to give a refund!

The bed was comfortable the location was great. Rooms were updated.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Nice facilities with burnt dirty linen.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first night the cover and sheets were dirty. There were black marks on the underside of the covers and cigarette burns. I saw strands of hair in the sheets. I arrived at 1.ooam so I was too tired to ask for a room change. I woke up late that day and requested the room be cleaned when I returned at 8.30pm it had been so I was forced to sleep on these same sheets one more night. Everything was changed and clean on Sunday and I was happy.

I liked the coffee. The room design and decor was fine. I was impressed by the towel storage design.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

The room was in need of several repairs.
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was in need of several repairs. Bathroom door had hole, fixtures were loose, no fridge, just overall the room was in bad shape and grungy. I wouldn't stay there a again.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Worst room ever!
    • King Room - Smoking

The place is surrounded by a 6 foot tall chain link fence with barb wire on top if that tells you the type of neighborhood it's in. The place is FILTHY!! We had to change rooms because of mold covering the wall in the bathroom. The second room we got was disgusting and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months other than the bed being made, but as late as it was we decided to make the best of it. Noticed mold on the shower curtain in that room the next morning. Oh and there were stains of who knows what on the towels and burn holes in the sheets and comforter. I've stayed spent more than 150 nights in a hotel/motel room in the past ten years, and this is BY FAR the worst room of the bunch. If you are heading to the KC/Worlds of Fun area in the future DO NOT STAY HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE! Sleep in your car or in the ditch along side the interstate - you'd be safer and more comfortable. Honestly this place should be condemned.

Not a thing.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

They obviously spent some time doing more modern updates,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They obviously spent some time doing more modern updates, however, the icky bedding, hair and dirt between the sheets, what looked like old blood on the "clean towels", makes you wonder if they actually wash the linens after every guest. Several seedy looking individuals hanging out on the balconies. Definitely not a place you want to bring your kids, unless it's a very last resort. At nearly $70 a night for a single (kids stay free) I expected a little more attention to detail.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Stay away from this place!!
    • King Room - Disability Access

The towels were dirty, floors were dirty, the toilet ran all night, you could literally hear everything from outside and the people in ajoining rooms. There wasn't a refrigerator, dresser of coffee pot. The phone in the room didn't work the line had been cut. I will never stay there again.

??
    • King Room - Disability Access

Room had bugs . Yuck asked for refund guy said no took ten dollars off air didn't work well kinda shady area.

??

Best Mote 6 I have stayed at, comfortable, clean, nice staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Best Mote 6 I have stayed at, comfortable, clean, nice staff.

Needs attention.

Needs attention....

Beds were very comfortable and the pillows where just the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were very comfortable and the pillows where just the right firmness.

Good value for price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Good location for what we needed

Good value for price

Our needs were met satisfactorily.
    • King Room - Non- Smoking

not much in the way of food right in the area

clean and comfy

Staff was good and location was good

Dirty and uncomfortable

Staff was good and location was good

Looked clean
    • King Room - Smoking

Deposit taken at check in

Looked clean

It was alright
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty room. Broken appliances.

Room set up was cool.

Worst stay ever
    • King Room - Non- Smoking

I didn’t like the room the stay or anything.

It was alright
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty and broken things in the room. (Sink and bathtub would not drain)

Disgusted and Unimpressed you
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It's was not clean staff was rude and it was very unprofessional

Parking
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty towels no hair dryer

Parking

Won't make the same mistake twice.
    • King Room - Non- Smoking

Staff was rude durring check in, room was smelly, not enough towels, poorly renovated, the list goes on.

The room was clean.

Easy check in requirements

Easy check in requirements

I'm staying there every weekend!!
    • King Room - Non- Smoking

Heater wasn't working, blew cold air

Nice big rooms. Food delivery was awesome. I suggest 4 towels instead of just 3

Good value for a 1 stop night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The card thing did not work well

Quick and easy

Staff was lazy, bothers by us getting there and having to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was lazy, bothers by us getting there and having to get up and work.

Nice place
    • King Room - Disability Access

Road turning into driveway bad potholes

Generally good all around

Comfortable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Receptionist was a very nice.

I would stay again. but would likely not recommend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It was rather unpleasant dealing with the staff

The room was fine the staff was not unfortunately

All

All good

All

Poor
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

There are no comments available for this review

Close to highway
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It was dirty and the beds were terrible.

Close to highway

Pillows and the AC

Pillows and the AC

Bad customer service
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a rude lady working and someone got stabbed

Clean

Clean

Nice workers, over priced. No electricity on Saturday evening, no communication no refund.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The power went out on Saturday night. No one came or called to say what happen.. Very scary! No refund. NOTHING>

They had a room for me