Reviews of Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Boston - Logan 2 stars

920 Broadway, Saugus, MA 01906, USA

#2 of 4 hotels in Saugus

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Disability Access

- The door handle on the inside bedroom door came off in my hand whenever I closed the door. - The connection that held the shower head in place was broken, the head was either too low and had to be pointed up into your face or pointing straight down to your feet. - A fire alarm, it looked like an old one, was hanging partway out of the ceiling. - Both coffee urns were empty in the morning, when one was replaced with fresh coffee, the coffee was luke warm.

The location was perfect, that was why we choose this hotel. The service staff was also very helpful and friendly.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Disability Access

Rooms and hallways smell really bad. We paid nearly 500 dollars for 2 night stay, for 3 people. We got 1 bedroom and sofa bed. I got no sheets, no pillows for sofa bed. Asked 3 times and finally I had to go down to the reception and pick it up myself (still didn't get the pillow). When I wanted to open the sofa bed, there was hair and dirt all over the sofa. I decided not to open it and just slept on it as it was. You could not open the window. There are many other places and apartments you can get way nicer and cleaner than this place, for the same price. Unfortunately, this is my first negative review on booking.

Misleading name.

The hotel name gives an impression that it is close to the airport, but that is not true it is a $35 uber ride from the Boston Logan Airport. Name is purposely misleading.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Dangerous access to highway. Limited vision into fast traffic with no acceleration lane.

Comfortable room. Spacious desk. We were able to cancel second night without any hassle.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

There were aunts crawling. Dirty sheets and room was old! It didn’t even provide a box of tissues only a traveling size of small bag of tissue. My room was right in front of the noisy elevator and the ice making machine was dropping ice loudly all night long. I checked in like 1:30 a.m. because my flight was delayed. Do not disturb sign was nowhere to be found. The housekeeper kept knocking on my door. I paid $188 plus taxes to this awful hotel! Get this hotel off your list!

None! Sucked and a half.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no breakfast at all. This was a little upsetting. For what we paid for the night, I expected breakfast. This is the only drawback.

We had three rooms, very good rooms. We had come to Boston for my granddaughters graduation at Tufts. The location was good, two parties came from Logan airport, we drove from Cleveland, Ohio.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Not hotels fault, but it's still about a 25 minute drive to downtown so Uber added up after awhile. Compared to the $400-1000 a night hotel rooms in downtown Boston, I'd say this hotel still was worth it though.

L - shaped desk for work was great. Great wifi. Very clean.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Generally was a quick overnight trip before heading on to our next destination. Check-in was speedy, staff was very friendly and helpful. Great hospitality!

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Disability Access

Had trouble with room keys getting demagnetized. Got snippy response from front desk rather than a helpful one. I was told in a very sarcastic tone to ask the key manufacturer why they made them so sensitive.

Pet friendly. The king suite was roomy. The hotel was very quiet on the 3rd floor.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I love coming to this location and always got to stay at the the rooms at the upper level. I recently stayed there and got a room on the lower level and didn't like it. My boyfriend and i was not impressed. We couldn't open the windows and the room seemed smaller and not enough towels provided.

I love coming to this location. It's very convenient.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was uncomfortable. Heater was extremely loud and hairdryer did not work. There was noise all nite. People yelling and screaming in other roo.s and running up and down the hallway.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I was no I’m still very upset with the fact that I always always like to pay cash for my stay this particular time I was not able to I had to use a major credit card. I hated that part because now after I complain we got to pay cash but my boyfriends also was charged. They told me that it will clear in 3 to 7 days I just hate having to show on my bank statement where a been and to make matters worse the receptionist Was so unprofessional so unprofessional. There was the receptionist in another person in the back She came to the front and gave the receptionist a piece of chocolate put it into her mouth well helping me laughing so loud in flirting right in front of other guess like myself.

The room was on an upper floor!

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Close to highway. Lots of restaurants nearby. Uber Eats will deliver. Elevator access. Surprisingly quiet for being close to the highway. Comfortable, clean - No complaints!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Taking a picture of my driver license and having to give a credit card upon check-in. Especially when I am paying cash at checkout. No breakfast food items on the shelf across from the coffee station. Had to go to McDonald's down the street for breakfast. Holiday Inn Express across the street offer free breakfast. No explanation of the 3 boxes on the counter with food inside what's that about. No Curtin hanging at sink area for privacy to allow to get dress in the bed area while someone washing their hands match a long drape to the window drape for the sink area. No floor mat on the bathroom floor can slip and fall getting out of bathtub.

The convenience of being on Route 1 close to shopping and restaurants. Having a microwave and refrigerator and room service. The staff was very helpful nice and polite. The lobby was nice and clean love the free coffee.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Finding somewhere else to pile the snow during winter. Pulling out onto that highway is difficult enough. With snow piled by the entrance and exit it causes a hazard because you cannot see when pulling out.

Coffee in the morning. The room was quite and clean.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

A fight in the next room of 6 males. The police cars outside due to another issue in the hotel. The lack of breakfast. Nothing of interest with the hotel.

A refund of $25 after a fight in the next room of 6 makes.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

When I first came into hotel and walked into elevator it smelled like someone just smoked weed

Nothing the hotel was like a drug spot smelled of marijuana left and right

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing worked. Door was broken, hair dryer was broken and I was kept awake all nite from peace yelling partying and running down hallways, doors being slammed etc. I was very unhappy!!!!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

noise level. I came from west coast on red eye flt, given a room on first flr. next to lobby. was woken by people slamming baggage carts into the walls. wood flrs. heard lots of pounding flr above me

the agent allowed me to check early to let me get some sleep and given courtesy of changing my room

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Normally I love this place my boyfriend and I scape to this place once a month from the daily routine. This time we were there the sink was dirty fool of dirty water the room itself was like someone was already there and left. We were then put into another room.

I love this place every once in a while I can get good prices and I can scape in it. Home away from home love it

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Location, right off highway-LITERALLY- Took 20 minutes to get back to the hotel from walmart which is right next door again that is LITERALLY side by side but still had to go around 5 miles just to get ot the hotel

Confortable bed

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like how there isn’t breakfast available. I think it would be great to have a breakfast available to customers or even light refreshments in the morning.

Pillow options were amazing. I personally love firm pillows and my husband loves soft. I really appreciate that we both had options that we enjoyed.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My only complaint was one staff member that was very rude

I was very pleased that pet's are allowed at no extra cost we traveled due to a family emergency leaving us with no time to find a pet sitter.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The hallway wreaked of marijuana most of the evening - other guests were smoking in their rooms. Dirty air filter - cigarette burns in the blanket - odd layout with sink in main room - lock on back entrance not in operation.

It was in close proximity to my destination

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

very rude greeting hostess the night of arrival. charge for safe even if you don't plan to use it. bathroom in a NON SMOKING room we brought our baby into smelled like plenty of people smoke in there. shower was dirty and had dog hairs (?) in it. there was a weird woman who slept in the lobby all night. she seemed sick or something, curled up in a blanket taking up all the chairs in the lobby in front of the tv with a ginger ale.

clean sheets, pillows of different firmness labeled and available.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

My stuff got stolen while I was there and I made a police report about it. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to that hotel.

I was very and extremely disappointed

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There are spiders in the hallways 🤤

The location is great. Close to food and shopping. The employees are kind and helpful. Private and comfortable. I look forward to staying there again

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

On one way highway that's very busy.crest of hill in front of exit makes it difficult to pull into traffic.

Close to Boston. Clean and quiet. Staff very helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no restaurant which we knew going there but it would have been nice to have at least gotten water and something small to eat for breakfast. You could pay for water but there was nothing to eat. There were nearby restaurants but the road they were on was a nightmare! Also, the blow dryer was broken.

It was a clean usable room. It worked fine for our purpose of a place to stay after going to a show at the Lynn auditorium.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

It is expensive for what you get, but Boston is just very expensive. This was the best price we could find. There is no breakfast.

It is a very clean hotel fairly close to the airport. It is next door to the Kowloon, a historic tiki style restaurant.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were a bunch of drunk and people In hall screaming and cursing and fighting, we could hear a girl cryiing that she was scared. We notice died desk clerk and she said she would take care of it. However it did go on for another half hour

Clean and convenient

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great location, in proximity to Salem, MA, and Boston! Quick, easy check in and out. Clean, comfortable room. Free coffee was good (for free coffee). Friendly staff.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Disability Access

I had the King suite which was very spacious and worth the money. The staff was super friendly and helpful. There was one incident where we had asked to have some towels brought to our room and we had to go down to the front desk to get them (which wasn't too much of a hassle because the hotel is only 3 floors). The next night we had went to the front desk to ask for towels again and whoever was working the front desk at that time (late saturday night 10/28/17) was very rude about it. "Well we don't have towels here, why didn't housekeeping bring you towels?" (odd question to ask a guest) Then when she asked how many we need (4) she went off to say "why do you need 4 towels? there shouldn't even be 4 people in your room" (There wasn't- didn't think it was any of her business what I needed my towels for but went on to explain that we beed one for our body and one for our hair each) After that she went to the back and magically appeared seconds later with some towels. It was annoying and made me feel like I was bothering her when I was just trying to shower and go to bed. Other than this one tiny incident the rest of the staff was very friendly, check-in and check out were smooth and fast and the room was everything I expected. The free coffee was great. Easy walk to grab some food. An uber to Boston is about $20-30 and to Salem was about $35-40(keep in mind it was Halloween weekend, when trying to come back from Salem Friday night we went to order an uber and it said $143! Waited around another hour and it went down to $50- Lyft seemed to be cheaper than Uber in this area) Overall great experience. Would come back again!

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything. Total rip off.

I didn't like anything. Had no other choices. No continental breakfast, bed felt like baby crib bedding. No pool. Way to over priced for total lack of amenities. Probably get the same value at a salvation army or rescue mission for free. Total rip off.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Disability Access

Very disappointed with the suite ! The pictures made it look better than it actually is. The sofa was broken. The floor was dirty. It wasn't worth the price we booked the room !

The location (not far from the airport), the bed (very confortable), the reactivity of the staff (we were very unhappy with our suite, the front office officer and manager took things in hands and offerd us a discount), good coffee in room.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking - Disability Access

the fact there as a sink in the hall way but not in the bathroom. The view outside my room was of Jo-Ann fabrics and cvs. Also the area sucked. The traffic noise was horrible at night.

I liked the room for the most part and the bed was comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The night manager Vanessa. There was a loud party going on in the room above mine until after 2 AM. When I call the desk and talked with Vanessa she really did not seem to care. After a short while a man banged on my door and my daughter opened the door. It was the man from the party upstairs. Vanessa told him who complained and what room I was staying and he came to confront us. I slammed the door in his face and did not sleep for the rest o the night out of fear. Vennsa needs to be fired for endangering the life of a hotel guest!

The location of the Hotels to the event I was attending with my daughter.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We thought our stay was very comfortable so was not dissatisfied

Special Box of goodies delivered each day was a nice offering. 24 hours coffee service was fantastic

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Extremely over-priced Location right on a major highway Very simple facility: no gym, no pool, no breakfast, bad mattrass Does not live up to the "Plus+" promise

Nothing really except for the friendliness of the staff and that they allowed our dog

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel is fine but it does NOT have shuttle service as advertised on Booking. Instead it has an agreement with a taxi company for a $26 each way ride to and from the airport.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was cramped. The bathroom was too small and the sink was not in the bathroom. There was no desk and no place to sit. The ice machine did not work on the first night.

The price was pretty good. The location was close to many stores.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The biggest thing I was disappointed about was that continental breakfast was not included.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with information about our stay and places to visit. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. The fridge was also very stronge so it kept our food nice and cold. The location was also great only 30 minutes to Salem and Boston & there were so many places to eat around the hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel is of no use if you are a tourist to Boston, you cannot park in Boston so you have to travel in on the blue line subway which is 4.2 miles away. parking at the subway station is difficult because commuters have already filled up the station car park by 7.0 am but there are open air lots nearby. the hotel is expensive with no breakfast and a very busy 3 lane highway passing the door which you cannot cross by foot. Not recommended for tourist.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Not that I didn't like it but I wish the lobby had a bit more food to choose from.

Everything was clean and neat no oder nothing broken all was clean

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel should not have "Boston Logan" in its name. It's clearly named that to get people who are hastily trying to book an efficient airport hotel to book here - but it turns out to be further away from the airport to the north than Boston to the southwest. Also, even if they wanted to call it a stretch, there is no airport shuttle. This hotel has no business including Logan in their name. The staff were friendly and the room was clean but I will not stay here again. I spent more on cabs than I would have on a fine hotel in Boston.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We stayed two nights at this hotel because it was less than 10 miles from Logan International Airport. It was affordable and within major shopping, restaurants and business district.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You will no have direct access to transit into the city. We had a car and we're able to drive the 10 min to the subway. It's on a very busy street. Would be far better if they offered a continental breakfast.

The rooms are fairly recently renovated, with no carpet (huge bonus).

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

A bit far from public transportation and not much in the way of restaurants around it.

The room was equipped with coffee, microwave and fridge. Clean and comfy.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I stood at the counter to check in while the lady behind it ignored me and talked on her walkie talkie to house keeping. She then left, still without a word to me, and came back about 5 minutes later. And still kept talking on her walkie talkie! When she finally acknowledged me and asked if i was here to check in she told me my room wasnt finished yet and they had to replace a broken chair and it would be a few minutes. I asked for another room and she said there were none! -The lock on the door ended up getting stuck all weekend and we had to giggle it almost every time to get the door to close. -The pillows were like sleeping on cinder blocks.

Clean rooms. Good coffee

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

We stayed 1 night so that we could go to Giggles Comedy Club and have a few drinks and not have to worry about driving home. The staff was courteous, the room was clean and had everything we needed. The bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was very helpful had a problem with the first room by the time I got to the desk they another room for us love everything about it from the employees to how clean and location will book again definitely

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms were not disinfected, tile grout dirty, smoke detector hanging from ceiling, wall outlets loose, refrigerator motor makes random noises, shower handle ready to fall off - basically overused room with little maintenance. Cleaning staff do not speak english and I don't believe they even want to work there. Maintenance staff enjoyed the free coffee!

Location - somewhat centrally located, can even walk to famous Kowloon Chinese Restaurant in the adjoining parking lot.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

When I called they told me to take a cab from the Airport, found out later they have an agreement with a special cab company for half the cost. I also requested a folding bed for extra person. We were three men traveling. They said no. Because I booked online never saw it. Booking online isn't the safest way.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No breakfast. No obvious nearby breakfast restaurants.

Not exactly close to the airport, but within striking distance. On a main road, so easy enough to find. Large Walmart not too far away.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The cleaning staff didn't do much. There was soap film in the sink, left from day to day while we were there. They didn't replenish soap, shampoo or coffee during our three day stay. The floors could have been mopped and vacuumed each day. We didn't think they were.

This was a no frills place. It was the least expensive in the area. It suited our needs. Thanks.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I did not think the room was as clean as it could be. I also found it slightly expensive for a 2 star hotel. Lastly, despite requesting late check out, I was disturbed before the time to ask when I will check out which I did not appreciate.

I liked that it was comfortable and convenitently located. I also liked the option for late check out.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They don't even clean the rooms while you are there, and the staff makes misleading statements.

I would not go back to this hotel. It was grungy and overpriced.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I believe our room must have been near a stairwell/elevator. I never investigated which it was. Unfortunately, it was very noisy at times when first going to bed. We were traveling with two toddlers and they kept waking up from the noise. If I was to stay here again ( which I certainly would) I would ask for a room not located near a stairwell/elevator and to have a room on the third floor.

Quick check in and check out. Close to Logan airport. Easy access off and on the highway. Very clean and room was comfortable for two adults and two toddlers.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Price wasn't the worst thing in the world but it wasn't the best either. However the stay made up for it.

Friendly staff and even though they allow dogs it was pretty quiet through the entire stay.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing I didn't like was that house keeping came to fix my room real late in the day I guess it's because I wasn't checking out. Yes they came and cleaned the room a little bit and they fixed the bed but they did not clean the bathroom. In the middle of the night my husband got sick and I noticed the toilet was not cleaned and this was my only disappointment.

This was my second stay at this Red roof location and this time I received a bigger room which was a huge plus. The room was very clean and it was very comfy. I had a street side view and I loved it. The bathroom was huge and very spacious. The bed is so comfortable that you don't want to get out of bed. The rooms are very quiet even though they are next to each other you can't hear a sound from the other room. The staff are very friendly. I love the fact that the front desk allowed me to print my boarding pass before my flight if not I would have missed my flight this was very very huge for me thank you front desk. I like the fact that they offer tea and coffee all day and night. The main lobby is very clean and quiet as well. Another plus is that there was always someone at the front desk all throughout the night to help you and that was wide awake and not half asleep. Overall I had a great experience again.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Easy access to city/Logan

It's a nice area to stay, but this hotel keep giving me handicap rooms I don't understand even though I choose my own room and the top floor. I stayed more than four weeks straight no one try to help to change the room.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The walls and ceilings msg are super thin. We had a ho upstairs and could hear the action all now get, from the footsteps, toilet and other thins associated with the occupation. Won't even go there again.

The room was clean and I loved the floors.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No breakfast. The tv can't go very loud and it's kinda small. Some staff members are much nicer than others. They ran out of the Free coffee and creamer. The elevator is slow. The back entrance lock broke so we had to walk all the way to the front.

The beds are always comfy. The staff is usually willing to assist you.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

VERY noisy, you just hear everything around you especially what you shouldn't (Other room toilet and else, corridor, mais VERY lousy. Can't sleep until 3 AM during two consecutive nights, had to buy ear plugs for the first time of my life... Strongly recommend people to NOT go in this hotel

Wifi was fast

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

It was 200$ and it didn't even come with breakfast. Also we were supposed to get the premium package which includes snacks and drinks and we never got them. So we had to leave in the middle of the snow storm and get stuff to eat

What I did like was that they had a coffee stand when u come in with actual cream instead of powder in the hotel rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The people in one or maybe more of the surrounding rooms were very loud, with screaming or fighting. It felt like they were in our room but they weren't.

The staff was very nice and helped us with any thing we needed. the room was clean and cozy. The bed was very inviting. The only thing was whoever was in the surrounding rooms were very loud early in the morning but that isn't the hotel or staffs fault for their behavior.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Did not get wake up call I requested. Taxi was not booked as requested. Dangerous walk to closest restaurant. Noisy guests in rooms above.

Bed was comfortable and linens and room clean and tidy

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that I had to go down to the 1st floor to get some ice. the ice machine on both the 2nd and 3rb floor was out of ice.

I Love that the room was very clean and that the heat was on when we walked into the room. Also loved that the maid cleaned the room when we stept out for a bit!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

i didnt like that there was NOT a complimentary breakfast. the shower had a leak and somehow dripped outside of the tub onto the toilet. and i would've liked the sink to be in the bathroom. also, the hallway reeked of marijuana.

bed was comfy. felt kinda homey minus the cold floors. maybe they should offer slippers

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking - Disability Access

This time system of booking did not give me options to make couple request, such as soft pillows and extra towels, However got an excellent greeting and welcome by the assistance Manager and a little compliment for our stay.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is basically on the side of a freeway so you need to pull out of it doing 60 and you can only enter and exit in one direction.

Close to Boston - drove to Revere (10 min drive) and took the train in to Boston from there!! Made for such an easier visit. Driving in Boston looked quite intense and busy!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Overpriced run down hotel right by a main road. Bathroom was poorly maintained - floor tiles were cracked, and the loo was a symphonic flush system that got jammed in the middle of the night so we had to mend it. Then heard another one in a room nearby doing the same thing. We got very little sleep. Also beware! The listings on the Booking.com start page where you select the hotel do not show the different taxes added by each hotel so you are not comparing like with like on the pricing. Won't be using them again.

Not much

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Another guest pulled the fire alarm late at night during our stay. While I understand that this was not the fault of the hotel or anyone on the staff, it was still unfortunate.

The room was very nice and clean. The staff was very helpful and there were many amenities.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Was for stay before flying from Logan but it was not so close to Logan and had no shuttle service so taxi fare made up for the difference if I had stayed closer to airport.

bed was comfortable but only stayed for an overnight. arrived late and checked out very early for flight

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff to busy to be friendly ,didn't know you allowed dogs ,was kept up during the night with the dog barking all during the night .

Way overpriced for what you got ,taking advantage of travelers around Boston ,very shameful ,no more Red Roofs