Reviews of Red Roof Inn Tampa - Brandon 2 stars

#123 of 135 hotels in Tampa

6.2

6.1

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

It was ok. I think the building could be better maintained.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

See previous comments. I put them in the wrong category. It was convenient. The morning coffee wasn’t fresh.

I was concerned about the people that hung out at the motel in the evening hours. I was awakened several times during the 3 nights I was there by loud talking, knocking on doors, and constant movement(walking), past the room. The beds were comfortable but the bathroom was on the unclean side. ( baseboards, caulking, dirty walls. ).

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Staff willing to make your stay a comfortable one.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

On the first floor of the hotel the rooms emitted a odor of mildew and musty smell. Though the rooms were clean there was a presence of musty air which was felt in the lungs. Room cieling had proof of water leakage from upper floor hotel rooms. Management did assign us another room on the same floor level but it too had the same musty smell that made that nights stay uncomfortable. Next day we were assigned a different room on the third room and it was acceptable. Did notice that the airconditioners needed thorough cleaning in the interior of the AC unit, too much dust in them.

Staff very attentive to clients needs. Management willing to compensate for time spend in undesirable room and correct situations. The suites were of good size and furnishings were well kept with the exception of the AC unit's.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

it was a great stay would stay there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the cleanliness of the room aand the bathroom toilet didnt work properlly

The pprivacy of the room and how quit it was no bothered you. the management and staff where great

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Horrible!
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The room had blood stain and bed sheet and the bathroom wall. It was extremely dirty.

The personnel in the front office wanted us to be comfortable but in the bad taste the rooms were in it was really to little to be done.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms are nasty really smelly I seen bugs in the bathroom the ceilings are falling in Definitely not worth the money I will never stay there again needs to be shut down and rebuilt

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The room we were given was awful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room we were given was awful. It smelled bad, the vent in the restroom was barely hanging on, the base boards were peeling, the sheets had stains that looked recent and had not been changed and the front part of the AC was falling off. There were also a lot of people hanging out in front of their doors just watching you, so always and creepy to be honest. We ended up not staying and had our money refunded.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Disappointed in room for the money. Expected better.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Stains on vanity floor. Bathroom wall and door need repairs. Toilet handle messed up. Front door lock kept getting stuck. The room smelled musty.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Staff was friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Place was crawling with cops when we arrived. Loiterers everywhere on steps, in lot. The room wasn’t ventilated well so the rooms were very damp and smelled moldy. Roaches were spotted in our room.

Staff was friendly

Dont stay unless u want bed bugs and roachs. Check ur room first please
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Changed rooms 4 times before just leaving. Bed bugs roachs long black hair all over towels in bed on sheets. Carpet soaked wet and smelled of it to. Offered crack by 3 people. Tvs were all out of order also phones. Also 1st room dry puck all over bathroom no water pressure. Said breakfast included but didn't have it

Staff was nice and tried to help how they could

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The Go To Stay Place
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing to dislike

I have been to other Red Roofs, some good and some bad. I have to say that by far, this is the best one I've stayed at. It really is impressive. If I know of anyone that is going to be in this area, I would recommend this as their go to stay place!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

You guys need big improvement, the hotel has no phone to contact them. ,they promise me a free night and never gave it to me. I will never use your service again.

This hotel needs big improvement. It smells like urine. The room smell like smoke. I felt like I was in a dump.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Pleasant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had one of the rooms without a mini fridge and microwave but managed for the 3 nights I was there. Overall good stay. Wifi was not secured and a little weak.

Good value for the money. Friendly staff.

Worst Hotel Experience
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Hypodermic needle under the bed, blood on the wall, dirt and grime everywhere, wi-fit did not work, phones did not work...

Pool was ok but was afraid to get in because of obvious housekeeping issues

Overall, it has improved since my previous stays
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Either the floor wasn’t swept at all or not thoroughly swept. Although it’s a non smoking room, some guests still smoke outside their rooms and that makes my room stink everytime we opened the door.

The room that we were staying was not carpeted which is better than the dirty carpets it used to be.

Smooth, comfortable,and Clean.?
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I wasn't there until later at night but was helped in less than 20 seconds and she was so sweet and polite. Plus the room was perfect worth way more than 70 bucks that's for sure, plus there was a bunch of land to walk my dog on. I will be back.

Dogs are free and no limit on breed as well as no limit on...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The first night we were giving the wrong room, someone already occupied the room in the bed NAkEd!.. And me and my family comin in at 2am, were walking around trying to find the other room the changed it too. The bathroom looks like a gas station restroom. Holes in the door and a bleached white spot.. I will never book again unless i bring my dogs

Dogs are free and no limit on breed as well as no limit on pounds. So u can bring more than 1 dog with out fee

If you’re looking for an affordable hotel in this area, I suggest staying at the Motel 6 instead.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

If you’re looking for an affordable hotel in this area, I suggest staying somewhere else. I flew into Tampa early before I had to go grade the Advanced Placement English Language exam at the Tampa Convention Center. I had been thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail for 4 months and was only carrying my pack, which may have influenced how rudely I was treated, since it’s hard for people who aren’t familiar with long distance hiking to tell the difference between a backpacker and a homeless person. I got to the Red Roof In at midnight, and checked in. My card was not run at the time of check-in and nothing was said to me about payment by the night front desk clerk. I called down to the front desk at 10 the next morning and said I wanted to stay another night. The day front desk clerk told me I could re-book on booking.com (as I had done for my first night) or come downstairs and rebook. I rebooked on booking.com. At 12:30 the front desk clerk and a child (?) knocked on my door and asked if I was leaving. I said I was rebooked already and he said OK. At 2 pm I was in the shower when I heard a woman’s voice in my room. It was the manager and she told me I needed to come down to pay. I told her that I would be down shortly, but that I had already re-booked. She was not in “customer service” mode at all and argued with me about my version of events even though I was naked and leaning around the bathroom door. She said I should have come down and paid at 11, which is the first time this had been communicated to me directly. She left and when I came out of the shower I saw that the curtains in my room had been opened. I have PTSD from assault and having my room entered when I was in the shower and then having my curtains left open was just the kind of thing that tends to set me off. So at this point I got angry and very defensive.

Great location convenient to shopping and restaurants.

Inhumane and needs to be shut down for health risks !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no parking , terrible customer service, disgusting dirty crack heads and prostitution on every floor and corner of the hotel , dirty disgusting rooms I have pictures to prove it , nasty acting There was no parking , terrible customer service, disgusting dirty crack heads and prostitution on every floor and corner of the hotel , dirty disgusting rooms I have pictures to prove it , nasty acting manager that was rude and nasty to me when I showed her and told her about the rooms we had , my sister got bit by bed bugs or whatever kind of bugs in the room we have pics of the bugs trash and filth in the room we saw as soon as we walked in , we immediately reported it and were told there was nothing they could do til morning ! We then waited til morning as soon as manager got there and she was very rude and tried to say the rooms weren’t like that and was basically calling me a liar . Then she refunded us only half of our stay sick we should not have been charged at all ! Gross disgusting are rooms hotel and nasty 🤢 prostitution and drug Attics and everything else dirty You could imagine there. This hotel needs to be shut down for health risks .

There was no parking , terrible customer service, disgusting dirty crack heads and prostitution on every floor and corner of the hotel , dirty disgusting rooms I have pictures to prove it , nasty acting There was no parking , terrible customer service, disgusting dirty crack heads and prostitution on every floor and corner of the hotel , dirty disgusting rooms I have pictures to prove it , nasty acting manager that was rude and nasty to me when I showed her and told her about the rooms we had , my sister got bit by bed bugs or whatever kind of bugs in the room we have pics of the bugs trash and filth in the room we saw as soon as we walked in , we immediately reported it and were told there was nothing they could do til morning ! We then waited til morning as soon as manager got there and she was very rude and tried to say the rooms weren’t like that and was basically calling me a liar . Then she refunded us only half of our stay sick we should not have been charged at all ! Gross disgusting are rooms hotel and nasty 🤢 prostitution and drug Attics and everything going else dirty You could imagine there manager that was rude and nasty to me when I showed her and told her about the rooms we had , my sister got bit by bed bugs or whatever kind of bugs in the room we have pics of the bugs trash and filth in the room we saw as soon as we walked in , we immediately reported it and were told there was nothing they could do til morning ! We then waited til morning as soon as manager got there and she was very rude and tried to say the rooms weren’t like that and was basically calling me a liar . Then she refunded us only half of our stay sick we should not have been charged at all ! Gross disgusting are rooms hotel and nasty 🤢 prostitution and drug Attics and everything going else dirty You could imagine there

Not very enthusiastic in staying at another Red Roof.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not clean. Floors were dirty, looks run down, not sure if bed sheets were cleaned. Room smelled of cigarette smoke when I was told it was a smoke free room. Stairways and trash cans were filthy looking like a ghetto area.

Location and price.

Would not return and I checked out earlier by two days
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Poor, poor cleanliness Building had a fire, smell of smoke TV did not work properly Housekeeping did not clean room, bath had washcloth left in it We did not leave the room this way Afraid to turn on some lights due to the amount of dust on the fixtures

Price

A place to stay in a pinch.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Fix or buy new light fixtures. Rip out mildew carpeting. Bigger bathrooms. Up grade TV'S. Glass in stead of paper cups. Sturdier doors/ locks. Closet with doors.

The roof was not red.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Received an awful lot of menus slipped through the door shortly after arrival.

The staff was nice. The place was clean. Good tv channel selection. Close to everything.

I chose this place because it was only $80 to stay I would not stay again I'll pay another 20 for a
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

The room was not as clean as it should be. There was dust all over the fixtures I found some garbage in my room two of the three drawers in the dresser did not open and the one that did had hair and debris all inside of it. As well as I found tags from clothing underneath the fitted sheet on the bed. The overall accommodations for pretty run-down however the towels and sheets looked and smelled clean.

The staff was friendly and expedient

Never again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No light above sink, bed sunk in the middle, night tables were dusty, pool was dirty, very low budget looking place.

The only good thing was the Location.

Staff was very helpful and friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Could have used an easier latch to access pool area, otherwise fantastic!

Staff was very helpful and friendly. We lost our key once, and locked it in the room 2 other times, and each time they were very quick and friendly to get us back into our room!

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Terribly dirty rooms, huge AC noise, and an unexplainable smell. Ah!! Broken toilet. I stayed for only one night, but it was a terrible nightmare. I do not want to go back again. Never !!!!

If there are good points, it is close to downtown.

Decent for the price, though nothing amazing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk clerk was gone for a really long time when I tried to check in,I only had one towel, and the Wifi connection was poor.

The room looked neat.

You get what you pay for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty walls in bedroom, bathroom floor was dirty and cigarette burned holes in bed linen. No microwave, fridge, iron or even a coffee maker.

Location and helpful staff.

Needs total repairs/reconstruction, cheap price but not worth it, and won't stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Hotel very old, run down and floor not too clean. Dried up bug on floor next to toilet and dead bug in washcloth when I opened it (it was folded lying next to sink). Small holes on bathroom walls.

Liked location. Many restaurants in area and other hotels.

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

When my wife made the reservation we reserved for a ground floor. The front desk clerk didn't even tell us until we already paid and he gave us our room number and key. When my wife said that we made the reservation for ground floor, he said that there are no guarantee that we would get one . He said they have an elevator. The elevator was small and my wife is claustrophobic and is uncomfortable in a small place. She can't use the stairs. We made it to room. Bathroom small. I found a long red hair on back of bathroom door. Couldn't hang anything on back of door. Was our anniversary and was disappointed. On a positive note the room is good size. TV works and AC works good. Do not know if we would stay at this location again.

Room is good size

Good enough for a night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The floor made our feet black just walking from the shower to the bed. The air conditioner was loud and not very effective. For some reason, there were Little Rock’s in the shower. It was an adequate room for someone passing through just needing a bed, but I would not recommend it for a vacation stay.

Easy to find and close to my destination

The cleaning staff were really nice.
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

First room refrigerator didn't work second room toilet was broke and was extremely loud. The pool was tiny and smelled horrible. A lot of prostitution and drug dealing was done in the parking lot and rooms.

The cleaning staff were really nice.

It smelled like dogs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Everything stated above. Pissy...dirty linen. It smelled like dogs. The carpet was stained and the bathroom dirty.

It smelled like dogs. the bathroom was not clean. The linen was stained and the carpet nasty. The hallways smelled like piss. I was utterly disgusted.

Beware of this property
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was blood on spread, cigarette burns on sheets, and room was smelly. Front desk never picks up the phone. Only one ice machine and it was dirty.

Awful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms smelled of smoke, despite asking for non-smoking. The sheets were itchy. They got our reservation wrong. The elevator was out. Had to carry 2 children and luggage up and down 3 flights of stairs. Also TV was static. No wifi. Thankfully only had to stay one night.

Got the job done. Not really worth 100$ on the weekend
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Smell and of course there are some unremovable stains on towels and sheets.

Room was good enough. Had a weird smell and they had people’s stuff sitting outside. Free coffee in the morning. House keepers are ok. Alittle ratchet but they did their job.

Disgusting
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room was gross. Absolutely Filthy. Looked like it had not been cleaned in ages. Stains on the carpet. Dust everywhere. Damp sheets. Also looked like a dangerous place.

Good hotel for what we needed...shower & sleep!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No microwave, refrigerator or hair dryer. No breakfast also but there is a Bob Evans next door. Our room did not have any information regarding the area, ie: restaurants, shopping.

Clean room and no carpets! Quiet as far as the front side of the building (opposite side of the pool) and we were on the 3rd floor. The doors were not automatically shut doors...so there was slamming! Quiet.

The rooms were nice and big like a little apartment.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The only thing I didn't like was no dogs allowed in the pool area

The rooms were nice and big like a little apartment. The staff was so kind,friendly,and helpful. I couldn't have done it with out their help most days,since I had my almost 2year old, being 6months pregnant, and my 2dogs. Great place and staff.

Staff was very friendly!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathtub was dirty. Showehead just dribbled out water. Phone line was cut from the back of the phone. Sheets weren't clean so I ended up sleeping on top of the blankets.

Staff was very friendly!

It left a bad impression. I will no longer stay at a red roof
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The floor needed to be mopped. The sheets seemed like they were left on from the last guest. One of the pillows had a stain. Water spots on the mirror. Just lack of cleaniness overall.

I liked the staff they were very helpful and friendly.

It was one step up from a motel, it just had more than one floor level.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping was extremely slow and rude. It always took them an hour to bring up new toiletries. The covers had burn holes in them. The desk chair was dirty as hell. The shower was nasty. Prostitutes definitely turn tricks on this property. The location was perfect. I give the Red Roof Inn a 1.

There's a big mall near
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

We asked once not coming in to clean to the housekeeping. And they never came back and we had to go to the office to ask for new towels. Very smelly of cigarettes.

There's a big mall near

It was located near the fairgrounds which is why we chose it...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We couldn't get into our room after leaving it. We made 4 trips down to the office to get someone to let us into our room. Got several excuses as to why it wouldn't open with the room key card. The room was dirty. Clump of hair and crap spilled on the floor. Beds were hard as rocks.

It was located near the fairgrounds which is why we chose it in the first place.

Do not stay here
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

We had no heat in our room and the temp outside was in the 30’s. Thermostat completely broken off wall. Dirty tub and bugs in the bathroom. Phone in room didn’t work and toilet had a mind of its own. Old and dirty!!! Ceiling cracked and walls yellow. Lots of young people in rooms and a lot of “activity”. Other couple who stayed the same time as us were unhappy as well!!! Were able to get 25.00 knocked off charge the next day after another staff agreed! Will pay extra for a nicer cleaner safer hotel next time I am in the area!

Very comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were clean and nice the pool was nice and the lady at the counter when I checked in with wonderful really sweet lady

I don't think I will be going back anytime soon. Maybe a different location for Red Roof Inn
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the phone in the room was not working at all, I had to use my cellphone to call the front office for more towels upon getting in the room, also the elevator was not working and I had asked fora room on the first floor because I am handicap.

I liked the area and on site parking

Horrible this place is not for women or children.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Horrible this place is not for women or children. The room smells horrible. The carpet is filthy. The bathroom is so dirty I didn’t want to take a shower in the tube. I had to clean the toilet before I sat down. The motel soap and shampoo smells like nothing so you don’t even have that fresh smell once you get out if you forget your own body wash. The wash clothe and towels are hard and dirty looking. This is a Family business owned by foreigners who don’t care how they get the money as long has its being made. Shut this place down

It was disgusting. Very uncomfortable
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

I didn't like the roaches crawl in in the bathroom and the fact that I couldn't get a full refund even though I was only there a few hours after check in.

It was a terrible stay for two days. I will never ever stay there again. I would rather sleep in my
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness on was terrible. The bathtubs look like they haven't been washed in months and the bed comforters had holes in it cigarette Burns

The rooms were extremely filthy the first room had roaches the second room had bed bugs and the third room was okay not good at all terrible two days stay

Other than a few minor things I would stay again. Need better pricing for people who stay often.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

For the price no complimentary breakfast. No ATM on property. Dryers broken in guest laundry. Please fix the dryers.

Had elevator,pool and laundry room. The other Redroof Inn doesn't have these things. Staff was friendly and excellent service.

My choice of stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staffing is excellant. Never had a problem with my stay. I always choose red roof. Its just as comfortable as any other hotels ive been to. I get good comfort and service forgoos amount.

I will never stay there again it needs to be shut down its nasty and hazardous to your health
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Not a damn thing it needs to b shut down before someone gets sick and dies

I was very unsatisfied the room was nasty moldy full of mildew and there was blood on the walls and used towels hanging n bathroom. Tried to change room said didn't have any asked for money back and they produced a room then after I moved they locked me out my room I was so mad after driving 3 days. I just wanted sleep and that wasn't happening. I think the place needs the health inspector to shut it down before someone gets sick and dies. I will never stay at anther one again this ruined it for all other red roofs.

It was just somewhere to stay so we could go to howl o Scream.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed sheets weren’t clean at least the blanket wasn’t there were baby roaches and the phone didn’t work at all. The staff needs to clean the sheets better and clean better in general.

Good location, old building
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Older than most other red roof inns I have stayed at...carpet and bed sheets weren't not in optimal cleaning conditions... the A/C broke in the middle of the night and I had to spend the night without A/C.... the next day, instead of giving me the night for free after sleeping in a hot room, they just gave me $20 for the next night.

Good location, good staff.

When arrive to the Hotel the lobby door was looked and we...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When arrive to the Hotel the lobby door was looked and we wait 20 minutes befor someone come and was no apology,when we went to the room 326 the bathroom toilet was dirty and I took a picture too

I hope the management will ripped off those dirty carpets.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Men hanging outside right infront of my door. Then at 11pm, a man knocked on my door. I wished I didn’t look thru the window to let him know that I’m all alone. I was mostly awake thy night scared for the first time in my life. I asked for a non smoking room but men are allowed to smoke outside my room.

Drive farther, pay more , just don't stay here. Unbelievably unclean and moldy!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was filthy and moldy. Carpet was black with mold, ceiling was black with mold, black mold all around top of shower, shower floor was dirty, no toilet paper holder, roll was just placed atop the toilet tank (wonder how many people had handled it before you!? Or if it'd rolled across the bathroom floor a dozen times). Comforters were riddled with cigarette burn holes. Needless to say we actually skipped showers and morning ablution routines due to the disgusting state of this room. We stay in hotels 1-2 times a month and usually like Red Roofs as they accept pets and are decently priced and for the most part clean but typically a bit dated. Corporate should seriously inspect this place that has their name proudly displayed out front!!

Close to Interstate

My stay was fair,nothing spectacular. Pretty basic.Too expensive for what you got.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Phone not working, no garbage can in room no cups for coffee no remote in room. Had to go to office for everything.

Beds were comfortable one floor access room close to pool.

Location, location, location
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing it all was good.

I enjoyed the location. I requested an early check-in and was really appreciative that they allowed myself and my guest to check-in early. There is a restaurant right next door and others across the street.

I liked the outside of the building.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was disgusting. While there was a new counter top for the sink, and new mirrors, the ceiling and walls were stained. There was a cigarette butt in the toilet, the lighting was diminished, the bed sheets had cigarette burns on every set, and the room smelled of mold or mildew. Also, when I woke up, the floor was wet with condensation.

I liked the outside of the building. I felt like I was at a lodge.

Worth it for a cheap price
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Honestly the hotel was fine for the money spent I spent the other neighbors was smoking weed a lot so if that disturb you ..it wouldn't be a good place for you but for a quick visit it was ok with me...and everything seem kinda out reach from the hotel but other then that perfect

Room was nice and cold for the Tampa weather..cable tv was aslo a plus

Warning
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that the hotel room smelled like mold/mildew and the second room smelled like cigarette smoke, the bedspread had stains on it with burn holes all over it. The hotel in itself was not upkept, it was dirty. I would not recommend this place to anyone, in fact I will warn people to stay away

This shouldnt even be call a hotel.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

2.5? I put all sad faces how in the world is that a 2.5! Should be a -10 Starting with the front desk staff, as I'm driving up from Miami I get this email saying my reservations has been canceled! I call in and the lady that answered was very rude and started yelling at me because I kept asking to speak to a manager. How can they cancel a reservation when on the notes it clearly said that I didnt have any money in the card and I was going to pay cash when I got there? When I arrive I ask to speak to a manager and the lady starts yelling at me. Im the only one here blah blah blah. Just rude from the start! I ask if I can rent another room she starts saying there isnt any rooms avaliable! I keep insisting untill she rented me a room. So not only was she being rude she was also lying!(if I could of gone to another hotel I would of. Memorial day weekend, all hotels were full) The room..... Do not get me started. I have never been in a room as filthy as that in my life! Walking in everything looked normal, put my things down, lay on the bed and my hand lands on a huge hair ball. Indicating the sheets haven't been changed. I take off my shoes you know its a hotel with a rug its cool to walk around barefoot, right? Wrong! I took three steps and my feet were sticky and black! Im not even exaggerating! Do not walk barefoot! The bathroom.... The tub had hair and other things in it, i feel like if they didnt even turn on the faucet since the last persons shower. The air conditioning did not work. It was hot all night long, and moist! The walls had mold. And when I go complain the rude lady from before says its the only room available. Just my luck! Oh and to top it all off they charged me a full day for them canceling. So I stay two nights and paid for three. My over all experience was horrible, i will never step foot in a red roof again.

I didnt like anything about the hotel!

Pay A Little More For a Better Hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First room I was checked in to was dirty. Ciggerette ashes in the bed, hair in the sink, brown stains on the furniture. I should have just paid $10 more a day. This hotel is run down and it looks like it's a hang out for drug dealers and prostitutes. It's a shame because it looks like it was once a nice place.

The landscape was beautiful. I thought I really hit the jackpot.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Great show
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

What could have been better the room could of had a icebox and we wouldn't of had to use a cooler to keep our stuff cold

I like the fact that it was silent no loud noise room service was great

Repairs needed

Lots of repairs....toilets not functioning.....one room had fridge and microwave and iron and blow dryer...the same price roomed had known of those

Close to job

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

It was quiet and the staff was friendly even when refunding...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything else was a negative. Roaches, dirty sheets, wet carpets, dirty toilet, sink and tub, side walks stained, used q-tip in elevator. The second room we moved to I don't think had been really changed at all. There was woman's makeup in the sink which washed away as soon as you wiped it. So that means no-one wiped it in the first place. Pool was full of leaves, a storm hit the night we arrived so was understandable but no one cleaned the pool until 3 days later.

It was quiet and the staff was friendly even when refunding me and moving rooms because the place was dirty.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Asked for non smoking room and room was set up for smokers. Ashtrays. Burn marks on furniture. When we complained the desk clerk told us they had no control over the rooms and it was a non smoking room. They need to reassign the room to a smoking one!! We were moved to another room but it was irritating

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

It's ok but not someplace I'd stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lady checking me in was rude... the room smelled of smoke and cleaning product...

The lady that checked me out was friendly and I much rather would have prefers her to check me in.

Just not good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower head was very loose, towels were too small to dry off your body. The room smelled of smoke even though we had a non smoking room. I've stayed at plenty of red roofs and this one was not used to what I'm accustomed to.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

It was okay, but I felt very unsafe.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The spot it was in. There was a drug dealer on a bicycle. There were 7 guys smoking pot while I was coming downstairs with my teenage daughter. I felt unsafe there. There were a lot of unsavory characters around the property. Also, there was no microwave or fridge in the standard room. Bed was uncomfortable.

There was a lot of shopping centers nearby and a very close gas station. It was right by interstate 75.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

The staff was polite and service was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was smelly, dirty with roaches running. The staff gave another room which was good. But it can be better.

The staff was polite and service was good.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Worst night stay

Rooms were dark and dirty. Shower head was leaking and air conditioner not working in one room. The second room bed sheets appeared not to have been changed and a mouse was present during the night.

The staff was friendly

Never ever go there unless the room is offered at $30 a night
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff did not greet me, and seemed disinterested. The room was Priced way too high $$$. It was very dirty. Wood furniture had wall spackle to repair nicks in it. Room was not vacuumed, counters were not clean, bedspreads and chairs were dirty. Had to shower in my flip flops. I would have purchased a $200 room rather than stay there. My room cost me $132. Another family I traveled with, there room was worse! I normally use Priceline or Priceline express deals and always have a clean hotel. It was disgusting. I did not complain to staff, because my first impression was that they did not care. I am sure it is not their fault. The district manager, and manager of premises are to blame. They have set the standard extremely low.

I liked the location. Sheets and pillow cases and blanket were clean. Bedspread was not.

Browse Red Roof Inn Tampa - Brandon traveller photo gallery