Reviews of Runway Inn Miami 2 stars

#197 of 213 hotels in Miami

6.1

6.2

• Deluxe Queen Room

Cancellled booking after cruise actual room and facilities fell short of the pics posted. It was not worth the price increase at all.

Price was ok for one night prior to cruise, but will not stay there again.

The corridor leading to our room was dirty. The hotel was rather expensive for the actual quality of room and service.

The location was the best aspect of this hotel, right near the airport, and with a shuttle service. The staff were helpful in enabling us to send out for food.

• Deluxe Queen Room

It's nasty it stinks smells old and mildew and need a complete upgrade and makeover the shower overflow and cause a flood into the room the customer service was horrible

• Deluxe Queen Room

Nothing not to like. Bed could have been a little more comfortable.

Built in the 40's, decor from the 60's. Attentive, friendly service. Great breakfast offerings. 5 minutes from the airport.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Cleaning, redecorate to fresh up rooms, breakfast needs updating very poor, a need for pest control.

there were Cockroaches in the Room, mould on the windows. Phone for shuttle from Airport no Answer cost us money to get to Hotel Coffee was good and available through out the Day, Shuttle to Airport good

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bathroom was a closet, so small you had to leave to change your mind, honestly it was ridiculously small and cramped, if you are even slighty big,, you wont fit

No carpeting, ceramic tile flooring so at least you knew it was clean. AC unit worked good, but loud, TV was 50/50., few channels,, good enough for one night.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Way too many hairs in our room! You can see that it has never been cleaned really properly before

Shuttle to the airport for free, every hour. Basic breakfast included

• Deluxe Queen Room

The rooms were dirty. There was brown strip down our bathroom door. The door didn’t lock. We busted into our room on accident when or card didn’t work. We are little girls. There aren’t extra locks on the door so we felt unsafe the rest of our stay. This is an ideal hotel for a layover or a quick turn around anything more then a few hours I would steer far away. The breakfast was good but the area is packed.

We liked it being close to the airport. But the area we often would get honked at and cat called because we were three white girls. Even the police at the local resteraunt told us that we stuck out like a sore thumb and to walk back safely.

Expectations were not set at a high level. Monstrous sized roach on the second floor stairwell! Left hotel for 5hrs from 1045am, returned at 6, bed sheets were not changed. Staff was apologetic, yet they simply made up thr bed and didnt change the sheets. I would only stay there again if there was a deep discount. 291 dollars for 2 nights with roaches and housekeeping that doesn't make the beds. Ill pass next time!

breakfast was convenient. Very close to the airport.

• Deluxe Queen Room

A little brighter lighting in the lobby area, perhaps

Adam, the front desk worker was polite, professional, respectful. I think his name was Adam....he played AAU and boxed when younger.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Fire the hotel manager and the lazy housekeeping staffs!

Nothing at all to like about this place. My husband and I had the worse hotel stayed ever! Bed sheet was dirty and blood stains, i resquested a set a bed sheet i received a flat & fitted sheet unfolded and no pillow cases or blanket/quilt. The bathroom was a mess. I would not recommend this dumpster to anyone or animals. On our way out we showed them pictures and the front desk rep took my phone to show the manager what i showed him and the manager did not bother to come out and talk to us.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The location isn’t an ideal area. Upon entering, there was an arrest taking place. The lobby also reeked of cigarettes.

The room was decent enough for the price. It was actually very comfortable for an overnight connection.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Run-down and buggy; nearly fell in the shower because of slipery (soapy) tile floor.

Proximity to MIA, free shuttle to and from MIA and an okay freen continental breakfast

• Deluxe Queen Room

The leaflets given for placing the orders I don't find them to be too ready to make these orders available

I find the place to be very warm and welcoming and I admired the workers relationship with each other very nice

Noise

Nice breakfast and comfortable beds. Transfer to port and from airport. Hotel phone is in baggage hall. Easy to miss as look like and advertising screen. Press screen to ring phone on side.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Poor breakfast. Only bread and butter. Not contential as expected. Room very small, can't move around. No elevator. Floor are tiles and always cold.

Shuttle on time. Room cleaning crew did a fair job. Location and area felt safe.

• Deluxe Queen Room

HallwAy smelled so bad towels on floor from leales people smoking in HallwAy and the next way my Partner and i work up with little bites everywhere

I scheduled on wrong way and guy at dont de su fixed the problem

• Deluxe Queen Room

See what did you like... It's a mix of both

When I got to the hotel the room I reserved was not available. The gentleman at the front desk said there were only 2 rooms with two beds left which cost about $30 more. When I reserved the room online I was prompted to leave my credit card info along with my 3 digit code. Apparently that doesn't guarantee you the room you request. (Owners decision, I am assuming) The young man at the front desk handled all of his customers really well considering he was slammed and had to explain this to three different people checking in at midnight. He also had to deal with a broken vending machine and the phone ringing like crazy. He never lost his cool. HE was IMPRESSIVE the hotel was not.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room had an ant infestation. The bed not only had ants crawling all over it, but there was hair everywhere. I was provided with another room; however that one is situated so that I could hear everything in the lobby and it sounded like there was some sort of kitchen next to it with all the banging that went on throughout the night.

The only thing that was good about my experience here was the front desk representative. He was at least responsive and did what he could to accommodate me.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bathroom are to small and the bed to small as we for a queen size. Just not enough room to move around.

The kindness of customer service at the front seat.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Very old and out of date, no elevator, room small and dim. Sound proof is poor. Our next door had the TV on the whole night!

Free shuttle from airport and to the port. Breakfast included.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The attitude of the lady at the reception desk. She was hostile.

No. Transportation. Shuttle service to and from the Airport and to the Cruise Port.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The whole place was appallingly dirty. Dead cockroaches and greasy dust in the corridors and rooms. I was shown three rooms on the ground floor, one of which had not even been cleaned from last occupant. Grimy metal windows are single glazed so very noisy all night The walls and doors are incredibly thin and you can hear every sound from other rooms and customers walking in the corridor and from the reception area.

The complimentary shuttle bus from and to the airport The two staff were very busy (overworked?) but attempted to resolve my problems. The snack breakfast was prepared for early risers .

Don't have a complaint about this property

We liked the easy access from the airport and how close it was. We also liked how easy it was to check in an parking was available and friendly staff.

• Deluxe Queen Room

We expected to be taken to the cruise port in a timely fashion. We were in the lobby by 9:45 a.m as requested and were suppose to leave at 10:00 a.m. We left the motel at 11:00 a.m, only to be taken to another motel to pick up more passengers and left there about 30 minutes later. Then, another bus took us to the cruise port. Not very efficient.

The room was upstairs. No elevator. I am 81. Have difficulty with stairs without luggage. No staff assisted us. Finally another guest helped with luggage. The room was cold but the thermostat did not work. Staff said could not fix. Would bring more blankets but never did.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bathroom was to small could not shut the door when using the bathroom unless you stand sideways in front of the little sink then shut the door and sit down, There is no elevator, no carpet, broken window in our room with tape on it. the view out the window was a homeless man sleeping. We waited out side for almost 2 hours for the shuttle to the cruise line.

The only thing I can say is it was a place to sleep!

• Deluxe Queen Room

I was in transit from UK to Belize and needed to sleep. But the hotel was so noisy, it was very disturbing. People coming in, talking and laughing loudly and rolling their trolley bags over the tiled floors in the corridor outside my room. Exhausting! Breakfast was included in the price but as my connecting flight was early I missed this - and no coffee, tea or orange juice available, either in the room or in the hotel!!!

Shuttle service to airport. Friendly reception staff who spoke English

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bathroom was way too small and we did not have a window in the room. It felt like we where in a bunker. Breakfast ok. Old AC in the room that made a lot of noise. Staff friendly.

Close to the airport.

Close to the venue. Good Latin (Honduran) food and drink across the street

There were NO EGGS! The bed was like a rock but had boingy springs. Noisy from auto and aircraft, and those infernal clacking wheels from suitcases being rolled along the sidewalk.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Our room had bugs and I had requested for an extra bed through bookings but when I got there they said they didn’t do that... so I don’t understand why that option is available if they don’t do roll out beds... the pictures didn’t match the hotel at all

The location was close enough to the airport. They also had a really good food place close by called airport cafe and liquor.

• Deluxe Queen Room

There were tiny ants in the room. I saw a spider in the toilet. And to top it off there was no privacy. You can hear anyone and everyone.

What did I like? There was nothing to like....

• Deluxe Queen Room

The shuttle to the airport and to the port of miami is unreliable, I have to take uber both times, some of the guest were able to take the transport, but not me.

Close to the airport, easy to find, enough to have where to sleep, nothing more

• Deluxe Queen Room

The attitude of the lady at the reception desk. We left at 5am and was told there was no breakfast available although the advertisement stated breakfast included. Perhaps they could arrange to have a sandwich in a box for guests who are leaving early. we will not stay there in the future.

No. The bed was normal.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bed not very comfortable. I've seen shoeboxes bigger than the shower. Had to ask for a hairblower (room didn't have one). Did not feel safe walking on main road. Bugs in room. No pool. Stayed 2 nights prior to a cruise, & reserved 1 night for after cruise. If we could have cancelled the 2ND night without penalty, we would have. Did cancel the night after the cruise. Went down the street to the Ramada.

Free shuttles to airport & cruiseport. Didn't hear planes (couldn't over loud air conditioner)

• Deluxe Queen Room

Even though it was no smoking, all you could smell was smoke. The staff didn't care about it. Our ac also did not work most of our stay.

The property was updated.

• Deluxe Queen Room

One, the fact that there was no fridge or microwave and the amount of channels on the tv were too basic and lame. Two, the tgrooms were small as heck. Not too much room to do anything in but stand there. For the price of the room i was definitely expecting so much mire than that.

I liked that the room was very clean and and the staff was extremely nice and helpful even brought up a bag of ice when i was too tired to do it myself. They give you menus with some great restaurants to choose from.There is one across the street,Patio Tipico, Mexican Restaurant, great food. I alao liked the fact that itvwaant two far from gas stations, walmart, restaurants and theres a bar in walking distance.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The shower didn't have bidet. And I also asked if they have comb since I forgot mine and the front desk told me they don't have any.

The room was big and clean. Very neat.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Changing reservation into dbl bed even when it's available on sit..! My friend was sleeping in car..!! Even we see they books rooms at the same time...!!!

Quiet

• Deluxe Queen Room

There isn't really anything I didn't like that's worth complaints.

That my room was upgraded at no extra cost because of items missing from room I was originally given. Loved the morning continental breakfast! I would gladly stay there again!

• Deluxe Queen Room

Strong floral & cigarette smell, despite it being a non-smoking room. Breakfast room did not have enough seating for everyone.

Standard motel--a little frayed around the edges, but decent if you need to stay close to the airport.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Cock roaches in my room. Breakfast was terrible. No eggs what breakfast is that, only cereal and tiny donuts and bread and apple or orange. It really sucked the worst I have seen. They only clean when I was leaving. I would leave come back around 12 or later room still wasn't clean then they ask me if I would like it clean when I put my head out. Clean the dam room. Very lazy.

The only thing the location that's it.nothing else.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room smelled like some sort of chemical cleaning solution from the time you opened the door. We thought this meant it might be clean, but other than the bed, everything looked a bit grimy - the floor in the closet was so bad we didnt even put our suitcases in there. Since the bed looked clean from the onset, we decided to stay, but the first night when we folded down the sheets we discovered a fresh blood stain on the sheets under a pillow, too late to call the front desk though, nobody is ever around (and that includes check in and check out times. Only one young boy at the front desk was polite but he wasn't on shift when we needed anything). There were hairs in the shower, on the floor and on the sink (not ours just to be clear) and the shower had those little flies that are attracted to mildew all over the walls (even though we tried getting rid of them, more returned the next day). The walls are paper thin and you can hear every person passing in the hallway, dragging their bags, laughing and carrying on at all hours, etc. The person who stayed in the room above us also moved around quite a bit and the floor squeaked with every footstep, don't suggest you take a ground floor room. The staff are very rude and not helpful. We took an online deal and maybe that's why we got a crappy room, can't say that this was every person's experience but we chose this location specifically for its close proximity to shopping and food etc. And it didn't work for us. Last thing, this star rating is bogus cuz all my stars are 1s except location, how could that bring them up to a 3.3?! Don't be fooled by star ratings, that is exactly what fooled us! Read the written reviews before making any decisions.

The location of the hotel is ideal for close shopping and food but there are much nicer places to stay in close proximity, don't cheap out, you will regret it. Staying here almost ruined our holiday.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bed was dirty. There was a dollar coin on the bed??? and hair.... TV was on. It looked like the cleaning lady was using this room before I came in.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Tile floors in the hallway, we could hear suitcases being rolled down the hall. The breakfast room was not large enough to accommodate the number of quests. Workers started working about 7 am.

The bed was comfortable. Looked like they are remodeling the bathrooms .

• Deluxe Queen Room

Everything the rooms weren’t clean!!! My room had a broken bed, roches, and spiders! You can tell the room hadn’t been clean the floor was dusty someone’s old clothes were underneath the bed it just wasn’t a good experience at all! Wouldn’t recommend this place. Also my score isn’t a 2.9 that’s just what booking.com gave me 1 star only because staff and check in.

Check in was fast

• Deluxe Queen Room

Everything the room was dirty hair everywhere bathroom really really small

Nothing the room was dirty with hair and the door to get in the shower was so small I had to turn side ways to get in also the shower was leaking water

• Deluxe Queen Room

Rude personel. I got the very untidy room with towels still on the floor and not prepared bed. Breakfast was aweful, amost nothing to eat. It's hard to believe that this place is in such beautiful place as Miami.

"Close to the airport" is the only one good point i can find to share it with you!

• Deluxe Queen Room

The worst experience I've ever had, out of 22 years of traveling around the United States and the world it literally felt worse than some 3rd World countries I've been in, everything from, it feeling as if you were living in a cubicle for two bed room were on five steps of movement was achievable in one direction, only one outlet for electronics, extremely small bathroom were that in order to sit on the toilet after thigh and buttocks we're almost up against the wall in the door, you could hear everything that's going on outside of your room no peace of comfort at all or if you stayed on the first floor you hear the footsteps of every movement that was made above you which made it extremely difficult to sleep, the shower continuously kept fluctuating between extremely hot and extremely cold within a fraction of a second either you got burned or you're in shock of cold therapy, the price is probably six times more than what it should be a night $179.00 a night before taxes, when I mean only a last resort should you consider this hotel extreme last result. I imagine that they only way that they're able to stay afloat is strictly because of their location. Applause goes out to them for getting 2 night out of me for $400.00 buck I felt like the biggest jackass. The name of it is called Run Way Inn but the true name should be RUN AWAY Inn, so, I only wish I had a heads up prior, but knowing is half the battle, now I know and so do you. GO ELSE, even if it cost you a few more bucks a night. Literally $20 to $35 more dollars a night would prevent you from a really negative experience like I had, trust! Oh, and good luck on parking and feeling safe, SMDH. I'm not sure why they're rating My overall stay for a 4.2 that is rigged, should be really a 1.5!

Nothing!!!

• Deluxe Queen Room

On the booking I asked to pay cash, on check in they didn't ask for payment so when I checked out I asked to pay and they said they'd charged my card. Unhappy as I didn't have money on my card, I had cash.

The staff were friendly, room tidy, hotel was tidy.

• Deluxe Queen Room

A little tired around the edges and in need of updating Breakfast rather basic

Good location to airport Free shuttle to and from airport Friendly staff Good cleanliness Comfortable

• Deluxe Queen Room

No elevator, the roachs and a big cat on the premises which I’m highly allergic to.

Nothing! We couldn’t sleep due to the cockroaches running around on the nightstand we’ll never stay at this property again .

• Deluxe Queen Room

Close to the airport which was the priority for us after a long flight and before the next day journey. The room was small but OK. Quite clean. However, we noticed a lot of tiny ants travelling back and forth on some of the furniture like bediside table. We had a tiny window, which didn't give almost any light at all...That was bad. Bathroom OK. Clean towels. Extremely loud AC. Hard to sleep with it on. Breakfast very basic. Generally OK for one night after a flight.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I can't really say a bad word about it ..maybe breakfast room could be bigger to have more seating ...

Very comfortable Staff very helpful Very close to Airport with free Schuttle Bus Great value for money

• Deluxe Queen Room

No place to put luggage in room. Very small bathroom. No chest or dresser no place to put anything except on the bed. Bath had a very small pedestal sink no room to set anything

Location to the airport. Free shuttle

The free breakfast had coffee and plain muffins. I didn't even know they made plain muffins.

We needed a place to sleep for a few hours after our flight into town (which arrived at 12:30 am) and leaving for the beach. This was perfect. I called after the flight landed and Tony sent the shuttle right over for us. Our room was HUGE and completely quiet at the end of the hall. Before checking out in the am, we walked a few blocks to the McDonalds for a quick breakfast. There was also an iHop down the road, but my kids didn't want to walk any further. It was the perfect overnight stay with a good price and no need to pay for an uber to the hotel :)

• Deluxe Queen Room

The breakfast is really poor, but we were happy it is included. There is no shop or store in the area. I couldn't receive a hairdryer, which was a big problem for me.

The shuttle service was excellent! They are picking guests from the airport on a schedule daily, we didn't wait a lot. On the next day, we had a fantastic driver to the cruise ship port, they made us really feel the beginning of our vacation. Shuttle to the port is only one time a day and only in the one direction. Although our ship was leaving at 7:00 pm we just took the only shuttle in the morning, checked in at the ship, left our luggage and used the day to explore the city. This was perfect.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Eggs could have been added to breakfast. Lobby and door entrance outside could be kept clean on a daily basis. The old musty smell as you entered the Inn, very overwhelming. Last but not least, shuttle did not leave on time for airport. And one of the drivers was very unpleasant and arrogant. He soured my stay.

The comfy bed, the clean bathroom, Eddy the desk clerk who was extremely helpful and welcoming.

• Deluxe Queen Room

the AC was really noisy, in fact, I must turn off. The shuttle was on time, but drivers are not polite or nice, they talked so rude and asking for the tip, but with this behavior, I don't want to give a tip to them, but I did :)

Good bed, nice room

• Deluxe Queen Room

For an airport hotel, the shuttle is key. We were told to be in the lobby at 6:45 for the 7:00 shuttle. When there was no shuttle by 7:00, we took a cab.

Clean comfortable bed, all the basics, average breakfast, close to the airport. The desk clerk was very helpful, carried two heavy bags upstairs because there's no elevator.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Our room and bath were tiny with no window. Also no hair dryer was provided. Our room was on the ground floor and we had problems with ants.

The staff was friendly, helpful, accommodating and welcoming. We really like the airport and port shuttle making our overnight for our cruise easy. The added morning breakfast was nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room

There was bugs on the table and on my glasses and phone overnight

Ease of shuttle service from airport and to port of Miami Lady at desk was very helpful and very pleasant.

• Deluxe Queen Room

the location of the place was poor Runway was the right name for the hotel as it was very close to airport with planes taking off and landing all night had to wait a long time for shuttle to the hotel breakfast was a joke as there was no where to eat was recommend to eat at Macdonalds 15 minutes away not the best area to walk in The bathroom was made for midgets no safe I would not recomend this hotel

nothing to like

• Deluxe Queen Room

The space for breakfast needs to be rethought. It is to small. Also there Might be a need for someone to help with clean up and wiping the tables after use.

I thought breakfast was going to be served. Instead I had to do it myself. This I enjoyed.

• Deluxe Queen Room

noises comes directly to the room like the room has no door. luckily there were not so much people that making noises.

nice for transit accommodation. They have shuttle for airport. Room was clean enough

• Deluxe Queen Room

Structural issue: door frames need to be refreshed, so as to cover up the rusty spots. Front entrance/ patio in need of more frequent cleaning.

Availability of coffee and tea all day, even though not in our room. Pleasant and accommodating desk staff. At the price point, our room was sufficient.

• Deluxe Queen Room

very loud - could hear a person cough in the next room, and ceiling was like a drum (loud). Tile hallways echoed every footstep.

Proprietor was very accomadating.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The shuttle service, friendly staff clean n spacious rooms plat screen TV easy payment

The pillows where worn out. And room could use a small refrigerator especially for stay was for more than two days. The air conditioning was dirty . Beside this every thing else was good

• Deluxe Queen Room

The staff was indifferent. We felt as though we were imposing by checking in. The room was very tiny with tired, rickety, furniture. The bathroom was so small it was difficult to close the door to use the toilet. There was no hair dryer, but we could borrow one from the front desk. But the worst thing was the appearance of cockroaches in the morning. And when we mentioned this to the front desk, we were told to expect "creatures" because we were in Florida. They simply didn't care.

The bed was clean and reasonably comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bathroom is an extremely small fit between the wall and shower. It was a very tight fit which made our stay very uncomfortable. No elevator or help to take your bags upstairs. Shuttle service was ok but took about 45 min to arrives airport. Shuttle to Miami Port was great. The cleaning staff are very loud so sleeping in is out of the question.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Using the Booking.com WebSite a chose .com a Two queen size bed room, but we received a 1 queen size bed room. My mistake was not verify the printed confirmation before my trip, because when I chose the two bed option there were not 1 bed option....so it was not my mistake choosing the wrong room option.... Moreover the included breakfast was really ridiculous ... piece of bread and jam , coffe and 1 fruit, no eggs or something else

Free internet and printer

• Deluxe Queen Room

Hotel is located in an old building. This would not be necessarily an issue if refurbishments were made. Room floor was dirty. Bathroom was dirty (accumulated dirty). Air conditioned did not work properly and was very noisy all night. No elevators. No appliances in room (coffee, fridge, etc). Small tv with no HD channels and very few channels options. Bed was big (king size) but very uncomfortable. Parking across the street from hotel. Breakfast was ok for the level of the hotel, however the place was tiny and no airconditioning there. The worst is that the price was only a little bit lower than other much better chains like Holiday inn, La Quinta, etc... In summary, i checked in at 10pm and left the next morning at 8am. For this period it was ok, but I would never return if I have other options.

Close to the airport (although location surroundings were really terrible), and WiFi

• Deluxe Queen Room

There was just one bed for me, my wife and my daughter. My reserve was for 2 adults and a child with 11 years old. We didn’t sleep well. The restaurant is too small. I couldn’t sit down for breakfast.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The wifi did not work. There was a stain on the bedroom sofa. Easy to hear the neighbouring rooms. Breakfast facility was terrible - no place to sit because the room was too small. Wasn’t very appetizing even though it’s budget

I liked the price, generally. Nearness to airport. Ability to park on site. Clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room

No elevator, so would have like a room on the first floor.

Helpful staff. Wasn't aware that there was no elevator, so staff took m luggage upstairs

Browse Runway Inn Miami traveller photo gallery