Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Houston/NASA/Webster Area 2 stars

18103 Kings Row, Webster, TX 77058, USA

#11 of 20 hotels in Webster

Property as under construction, but price was nice!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The property is under construction. If you can overlook the building materials everywere, and the ice machine was broke, and the property was in distress. It did say it would sleep 3 adults and one child. But with a king bed and a sofa (that doesn't turn into a bed) I don't see how that was going to work. But we ended up just having two adults only.

The staff was great, and the price was good. The bed very comfortable, and the internet fast. The room was dark, great for sleeping! The bathroom was awesome.

Nice room

There was no fridge or microwave in my room and the description of it said there would be when I made the booking. Also, the water never got hot just warm when I took a shower.

Spacious clean room, comfortable

Great Room

My husband and I love staying there every time we travel to League City to see our son and his family. It is very convenient and very near to where our son lives.

I'll never book at that hotel again
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The general manager is rude. I drove 5 hours to this room I reserved and was treated with disrespect and was told by gm to Google the corporate phone before I was hung up on.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Nice Location, There was Alot to do around the area, and The...

I Have no complaints All was Good, if I were to complain it would be petty, like not enough plugs to charge phones and laptop, still made it work!!

Nice Location, There was Alot to do around the area, and The room was nicer than expected!

Clean
    • King Room - Smoking

The lady that was on shift before check in was rude and she was the same lady when we checked out. She acted as if she was busy and had better things to do and there was never anyone in front of us.

Clean

Terrible time but overall okay...

I had a terrible time checking in and a lot of my money was being charged for no reason.

The king suite was super nice but bath tub plug didn’t work.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Cleanliness and location.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Requested nonsmoking room but first room we were given had over powering cigarette smoke smell. Went to desk to about non smoking room and were advised that room #124 was non smoking. We refused to accept it so moved to 110 which was much better. Appeared a lot of updating was taking place at motel. Found outside hallway near #124 to be filled with hand tools and paint cans - very narrow message for customers and luggage - a real fall risk. We advised front desk of clutter when requesting a change of room. Situation remained unchanged from what I could see.

Cleanliness and location.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great location, quiet, super friendly.

Room was a bit smelly, the carpet needs a clean or replacement. Also strong smell of chemical cleaning stuff so we didn’t get the room serviced while we were there to avoid more of that.

The staff are super friendly, and the bed was super comfy. It was very quiet. Great location if you are just coming to Houston to visit NASA.

We had an excellent stay.

That we couldn't stay longer

We were very happy with how clean our room was and our beds were very comfortable. The parking was fine even though there was some construction going on. The noise was very limited. We didn't hear any traffic noise. The pool was a little small but the kids enjoyed it. Great location with plenty to do within a block to 25 minutes away. Breakfast was okay( we usually just have coffee and fruit).

My stay was good. There was no issues as far as accomodations. The exterior was clean and welcoming.

No one was at the desk for a guest. I wanted to turn in my room keys, but no one showed up at the front desk at least 45 minutes to an hour or more. I put the keys on the desk and left. This guest went the night window and I called on my phone. This guest became frustrated.

I like that I had hot water, a frig and microwave, sheets changed daily and breakfast.

It was a great weekend for me

My room smelled like smoke and I was in a non smoking room. The floor was dirty the carpet needed to be shampooed.

It was a very nice, comfortable, welcoming stay. Staff was nice at check in and checking out. I would stay here again.

They are remodeling the exterior and the workers started...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

They are remodeling the exterior and the workers started working on the wall outside our front door at 9am. We had planned on sleeping in but that was the end of our sleeping!

No more last minute reservations
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were put way in the back and people walking around at night. Was given a cot and sleeper sofa wasn't there.

Well lit up at night. Bed was comfy.

it wasn't the worse hotel i've stayed at but I won't book again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

cleanliness was poor, plumbing did not work well, pool was small and confined, pillows were very small (the size of throw pillows) and we were not able to get any more.

The staff was friendly but not very accommodating.

I will never stay there again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I brought my pet and they informed me they did not have a pet friendly room and charged me double the pet fee. the room was so hot I was sweating at night.

the room had a musty smell and the air conditioner was not working properly I reported it to the front desk and no one ever showed up to check it'

The location to NASA was great!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The rooms even though clean needed some repairs. I would say that the if your looking to save and be close to NASA this place will do.

The location to NASA was great!! The breakfast was good and the rooms were clean. Safe neighborhood, everything seemed very calm.

The bed was very comfortable, hotel was clean, Location was...

Housekeeping staff did not accept "No thank you" as an answer. We had to sleep during the day as one of us was working night shift and they would known repetitively, open the door multiple times even though the deadbolt was on, and then come back multiple times a day and do the same. Front desk staff was rude, not very personable.

The bed was very comfortable, hotel was clean, Location was very central, and right beside the Houston Space Centre.

The overall stay was great and will return in the future.

The internet was not that good.

I didn't know what to expect, because O have stayed in some other super 8 and the experience was as not that good but this place was well worth the money.

It was clean and comfortable for the price.

I did not like that pets are welcomed at this location.

Check in was smooth. The room was clean. Did not eat breakfast at hotel. Our room was very nice compared to some of the reviews. This Super 8 is more up to date and cleaner than the Hobbs road Super 8

Location right in the middle of our planed vacation
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Well breakfast was fair only issue was place needs more breakfast equipment like two waffle makers two coffee machines etc to speed up breakfast for customers staying there if you don’t want to wake up early

Location right in the middle of our planed vacation

I didn't like the breakfast in the morning.

I didn't like the breakfast in the morning. It was either cook a waffle or eat cereal. All of the other places I booked with had sausage and eggs and I paid less to stay at those.

Want stay at location again and will not recommend because of staff.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was rude, especially at check out was not helpful at all when I ask for a manager/ supervisor that was over her. Had questions regarding my bill refused to give me information.Was very rude and talking loud at me.

Bed was comfortable

Lipstick on a pig! Fresh paint and pictures with complimentary cat odors.

The room had an awful odor, the carpets need cleaning. The table had a broken leg and one of the chairs back rest was broken. The refrigerator door partially opened due to it dragging on the carpet. For the price, I Wouldn’t stay at that location again.

The location was convenient to the area we were visiting

The eating area was clean and lobby was nice.

The stairs were very dirty and in need of power washing. Railings need cleaning also. Too many pets ...cats and dogs in rooms around us. Sorry, won’t stay here again.

The eating area was clean and lobby was nice. Beds were comfortable in room.

Always READ reviews before booking!!
    • King Room - Disability Access - Smoking

I booked and already paid for 9 nights and they locked me out after 2 because they said we weren't in there. The manager switched us rooms without notification and my belongings that was in the room vanished!!

The landscaping was nice and the 2 front clerk's were nice. I wished I had read the reviews before booking this location. NEVER again nor do I recommend THIS location to anyone!!

Room was good, had everything you would normally expect.

Outside of the rooms, in the hallway areas don't seem to have gotten the same upgrades as the rooms. Perhaps work is ongoing.

Room was good, had everything you would normally expect. Bed was fairly comfortable for a hotel bed.

Handy location to NASA.

There were some guests who were very loud until after midnight right below our room. It seemed like some of the guest were renting by the week and stood outside their non-smoking rooms to smoke and then just left their butts on the sidewalk. Stuck in my ear plugs and turned up the room fan and that took care of the noise problem.

Handy location to NASA. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Check-in clerk and morning clerk were both very helpful. Appreciated that we were able to get NASA admission tickets for a few dollars cheaper. Decent breakfast.

We will never stay at a Super 8 again.

No elevator! Our room was on the second floor. We are in our 80s and had a difficult time carrying our luggage upstairs. Then we found out the only ice machine was on first floor!

Would stay here again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The shower had very limited hot water. Not enough hot water for two people to shower back to back. The bathroom door opening interfered with the toilet.

It was easily accessed. It was near the highway. There was room for out truck and trailer to park.

Secret Homely Abode
    • King Room - Smoking

I did not agree with the pricing since there are hotels with more modern design and better quality nearby that are cheaper by at least $20 a night. I also didn't like the arrangement of furniture it was awful until I swapped the couch with the table and chairs then it was perfect.

I like the Matrix shampoo, the way they are so welcoming to your pet, the breakfast included mini Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits which was a plus, I liked the wonderful squishy pillows and large spacious rooms.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The front desk person that was working (female). Had great customer service and was helpful in ideas on what to do in the area. She is a great value to your team

A good, basic option.

It's not a hotel, but a motel. The doors are on the outside. So as long as you are ok with that then it's cool. The parking lot was always full so if you went to eat or sightsee then you may not find parking. The room was super clean but well-used.

The hotel was near restaurants and shopping, as well as the sights.

Fair, but friendly office staff!!!
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

We had COLD water for shower!!! Also, the room had a BAD smell in it.

Breakfast was good. The office staff was friendly and always willing to try to help. :)

Unprofessional pride lost a patron
    • King Room - Smoking

The time of check out, the property manager informed me of my not getting refund because i smoked in a non smoking room. My confirmation was written for smoking. When i tried to show her, she would not look at it and got unbelievably upset. Another guest left because she was so unprofessional. She pointed her finger at me and cussed at me. Told me that nobway was my confirmation for smoking. Umm well...its on the .....confirmation.

The checkin was super nice but a bit confused at first. She answered all my questions and assured me to let her know if i needed anything. She was great but changed my smoking room to a non without informing me.

The staff was very nicr

We booked a non smoking room and ended up somehow in a smoking room. It stunk so bad. The hairdryer was broken, the vent in the bathroom screached so loud when you turned it on and didn't work, the beds were very uncomfortable

The staff was very nicr

Put in a smoking room even though we booked a non smoking room - smelled really bad.

We booked 2 non smoking rooms and when we were arrived were told that there were none available. The smoking rooms we were put in smelt really bad (and our hair and clothes etc ended up smelling of smoke) - not a nice environment to sleep in! Staff wouldn't offer us any discount.

Staff were friendly and complimentary breakfast was reasonable.

Very basic accommodation, I wouldn't recommend.

Dirty communal areas

Given that we were only a week or so after hurricane Harvey the hotel was acceptable. If they hadn't had the excuse of Harvey then the facilities, cleanliness etc would have rated poor.

Great value during my one night stay, Quiet and calm
    • King Suite - Smoking

refrigerators did not work. other than that pretty good

it was great. good little quite area. need to work on supplies, like toothbrushes, toothpaste, extra pillows and blankets. the refrigerators need to be worked on in each room i guess, cause in that area the refrigerators did not work properly. The front staff are friendly. would stay for a quick get away or a night to ourselves

Very nice. Would recommend.

Friendly staff. Nice clean room and was serviced during two night stay. Nice little pool, screened from road,some traffic noise but who cares when it's hot and you want a dip!? Voucher/coupons for NASA Johnson Space Center available from staff during breakfast shift.

Complimentary breakfast was welcome.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Offered a poor room at first but Misty at reception put it right straight away.

Complimentary breakfast was welcome.So close to Space Centre which was the main purpose of our trip.

Adequate for our short stay.

Being right off a major freeway in the Houston area, is not conducive to a family get away. There is an gas station next door under construction or shut down.

The rooms were very clean and staff was around cleaning the during our visit. The hotel is located right off a major freeway; however, our room was very quiet.

Don't offer what is not available.

Bookings clearly showed we were choosing a suite with 2 queen beds and a roll out couch in a side space. This motel had no such accommodations and we were falling all over each other in the smaller room.

The staff was very responsive to help us with the error made by bookings in bringing two cots to accommodate the the people we had.

The ANTS were right at home....

Man lurking around literally everyday. Felt very unsafe for families. Ants were in our room, all over our belongings. Couldn't keep them off the laptop either. Had to throw away my toothbrush, soaps, personal items. Bugs in tub. Room was musty. Guest laundry room was AWFUL. There was 1 washer/1 dryer, both rusted out and kinda scary looking. Had to leave to find the nearest laundromat. Ants were there for our entire week stay...

Honestly, not much other than nice lady at front desk.

We stayed 3 nights and everyday when we returned to room it...

Pool was small and a bit dirty

We stayed 3 nights and everyday when we returned to room it was cleaned . We had fresh towels , beds were made trash was emptied and bathroom was cleaned . We never had to inform front desk of room needing cleaning.

Quiet and nice breakfast options.
    • King Room - Smoking

Quiet and nice breakfast options. Pool was nice. Room just had a mildew smell to it. Everything was clean, I guess it may gave been the carpet. We really enjoyed it there for the most part. Staff was really great.

Worst hotel on my holiday
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I booked a room for four people with two queen beds. They have us a room with a queen bed and a sofa. The sofa was broken and the people who tried to sleep there couldn't. Moreover, I booked for a non- smoking room and the room was for smoking people. The smell was disgusting. I tried to solve the problem but the manager wasn't there. If I want to complain , I need to send an email. And the breakfast... no words Please, don't go to this hotel.

Pool

Great place for the money!
    • King Room - Smoking

Pillows to small. Breakfast needs better options.

The room was awesome. Had a picture of an astronaut above the bed. Even had a futon in the room also. Bed was comfy pillows were small but good.

The first room we checked into seemed ok until my son Sat...
    • King Suite - Smoking

Went out and about on Sat and came back to a guy few doors down smoking pot. Apparently a few guest like to sit out and smoke.Cause when we walked to the pool you can smell in other areas as well.

The first room we checked into seemed ok until my son Sat down on the pull out sofa (futon). Metal was showing and poking through. Huge hole in the couch where it's worn down on inside. Went to front desk showed them pics of couch. They moved us around the corner into another room which smelled so bad of cigarettes. Went back to old room and called front desk to let them know we wouldn't be moving and why. They called me back a few min later and said they had another room available. Politely declined just asked if they would exchange the couches. Not even 5 min later they came knocking with another couch.Overall Staff was very friendly.

Roach Motel
    • King Room - Disability Access - Smoking

When checking in the first room we got smelled like an ash tray. The front desk woman said there were no refunds. After some convincing we finally got another room, but that room also came with a storage closet that was frequented by hotel staff. The cleaning ladies were particularly nasty. Cockroaches were spotted in the room. Cigarette burns on the bedding in a "non-smoking" room. Shower went cold after only a few minutes. Constant smell of burning marijuana in the hallway. Not only will I never stay at this particular location again, but after this experience I'm done with Super 8 for life.

It was a good stay. We will be back to this location.

none.

Actually saw housekeeping doing laundry in the facility for towels & sheets & changing sheets. Housekeeping did a good job. The place was clean. Hope they keep it up. Even breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

No more than 4 or hit the floor!

I requested a room for 6 including me,my wife and 4 kids. They show pictures of a suite that includes a couch so it appears to work. What I was given was a king size room with 2 beds so one of the kids had to sleep on the floor. I guess it was good that my wife couldn't go because of work issues because had she went 2 of us would have been on the floor in a room that was just big enough to walk between the bed and dresser. I guess what I'm saying is that it wasn't big enough to accommodate my request, but luckily we were able to make it work.

The staff was very friendly. The rooms were all ways clean

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Great value, excellent location, CLEAN! very nice room and friendly staff

Bathroom door would not close unless the toilet seat was up! Towel rack fell off wall.

Located near NASA which we visited. Restaurants within 1 mile of hotel. HEB grocery about 5 minutes away. Laundry facilities on site. Free breakfast -waffles in the shape of Texas:) . Staff friendly and helpful. Room very large, comfy bed, large screen tv mounted on wall. Ice machine on each floor.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Close to NASA Space Centre.

Close to NASA Space Centre. Breakfast was all that we needed. Close to eateries. Would recommend the Chinese Buffet which was a short walk from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

close to NASA - like 3 minutes drive - room was also nice...

kinda facing a busy road - no obvious food places within walking distance but that's America for you.

close to NASA - like 3 minutes drive - room was also nice and quiet - we liked it so much we asked to stay another night

Getaway

Trip was to short

Staff are wonderful..I just love Ms Anita she makes everything great from begin to end! Amazing continental breakfast. ..variety is great!

Okay stay maybe need to be booked when there is barely people staying.

The bed was nice. The room smelled a little like smoke or a distinct smell of it. The room was clean but the outside wasn't at all that clean. The towels didn't really look too clean. The floor was really dirty. They need to put down new carpet or really really deep condition the carpet on the rooms. Every time I walked outside someone was smoking a cigarette it was a bit annoying.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Great value for your money worth looking into

Parking space was very limited

Breakfast was awesome the beds were so comfortable some of the most comfortable I've slept on in a hotel in a long time

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The room met my needs. I had a place for my dogs and a clean bed for me. The carpet looked dingy.

The "pet friendly" room I stayed in, the carpet had snags all in it and was dark colored so I couldn't tell if it was clean or not. The floor was uneven and felt like the padding underneath the carpet was wadded up in spots. Not sure what was happening there. You could tell you were in a room where pets have been. It had an underlying smell of animals, but tolerable. First room they gave me reeked of pet urine so I went to the front office. They switched the room and it was better. I showed up around 3:30pm and the room wasn't ready yet. Check in was 2:00pm so I thought it would be ready by then. I came back and it was done.

The bed was comfortable. The soaps and shampoo were good quality (Matrix). The TV had a sharp, clear picture. The room was a good size with a futon.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

I was comfortable in my room, the had free toiletries at the...

I didn't like the staff when I checked in. She came off rude. Then I see extra charges on my account and they say it because they found out I had a dog. No one contacted me to inform me of these charges. My husband contact the office after are card was locked and that is when I was informed of the reasoning of the charges.

I was comfortable in my room, the had free toiletries at the front desk when needed. Room was clean when checking in and the next day (stayed two nights). Area is quiet if you need to get some rest and peace and quiet as well.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

advertised as having a "Hot breakfast".

advertised as having a "Hot breakfast". Wow, you consider a miniature sausage patty and two biscuits in a cellophane package that needs to be microwaved a Hot breakfast? Very dated rooms

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

I liked the cable, and the availability of smoking rooms.

Some of the maid would knock on the door even if thouhh the "do not disturb sign was in the door. They've done that nearly every time I have stayed here. Which was 10 or more nights in the last month.

I liked the cable, and the availability of smoking rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

I don't recommend to stay at this hotel.

Smoking and non smoking zone are combined. Initially they gave smoking room when we booked non smoking room, later changed. It doesn't seems to be the hotel it's just motel. Poor air condition, makes lot of noise. It is on for 2 min and then off for 1 min and cycle continues.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Super super 8
    • King Room - Smoking

The maids were very rude and looked at y like they were better...a black slender lady work evening with accent was rude

The morning manager was the most professional and nieces person there..she thick black lady

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Served the purpose.

Other guests shouting to each other across the corridors. Free breakfast was ok but a bit "pre-packaged" and was cleared away promptly at 9am.

Convenient base for visit to the Space Centre. No traffic noise. Good value. Good sized room.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Room was spacious.

Wasn't what i was used to getting here..no microwave..fridge..i was put upstairs..no breakfast plan..night staff wasn't very friendly

Room was spacious..Ms White remembers her customers and really does all she can to make them happy

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

As good as a 2 star gets, large rooms, comfy bed and basic...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The exterior is a little dated.

As good as a 2 star gets, large rooms, comfy bed and basic breakfast. You can’t ask for any more.

Bed was very comfy

Breakfast very basic

Bed was very comfy

Definately return on our 'date nights'

Everything was wonderful

Definately return on our 'date nights'

They charge me for next day without my permission.

They charge me for next day without my permission.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Great place for the price

Everything was great

Very comfortable, clean, and homey feeling

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Staff was awesome!

Staff was awesome! Went above and beyond to accommodate us.

Very handy

It had a funny smell

Very handy

Booking.

Not a darn thing.

Booking.com app pre-populating date field with next day, the day after I was in the area.

Great for NASA, nice staff