Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Danbury 2 stars

3 Lake Avenue Extension, Danbury, CT 06811, USA

#14 of 15 hotels in Danbury

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Good value for money for short stay

The breakfast was very basic, it didn't have much healthy options. The room were the breakfast is served isn't very welcoming. The motel looked a bit dusty.

The room was overall pretty large with a comfy bed. It was good value for money overall nothing that stands out in particular. The room had a coffee machine which was a nice one to have to make a coffee in the room.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Price/location
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room was very musty and smelled like mold. My allergies bothered me the whole time I was staying there and the bathroom ceiling was leaking pretty significantly. Also, I was on the first floor and it was very loud all night with the sound of people coming and going/slamming doors.

Price/location

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Low price, low standard
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sheets on bed hadn't been changed after previous occupant. Receptionist readily offered a room change but we'd unpacked and were tired so asked for clean sheets so we could change them ourselves. Receptionist initially said this couldn't be done but, after some time, did provide clean sheets.

Lovely lady in the breakfast room. Nice to us and very courteous to a group that arrived after published opening times. Made sure we all had sufficient food and drink before she cleared away.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Lots of facility for little cost

Although not unusual we had to pay $36.00 for a late check-out at our last day. No further remarks considering the type of hotel and the price paid.

Good value for money as a hotel for a couple of night while visiting friends in NY without the cost as charged by hotels in NY while still having easy access to that state. Good facility with simple but sufficient continental breakfast. Spacy rooms and good beds with plenty great pillows. Friendly and helpful staff and plenty parking at no charge. Perfect for short stay while traveling through.

Adequate, but I didn't feel like I got $100. worth
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was very marginal. The TV remote didn't have a Guide so you could tell the channels. The room was on the 4th floor, and being alone, I had to lug several things on a heavy cart - thru two doors that were hard to get the cart thru - to get to my room. The total price of $97. was a bit high for not having any extras. (compared to the other hotels I'd used in other states on the trip from TX to NH.

The lady at the desk came upstairs to retrieve the luggage cart for me. That was very nice.

Convienent location right off highway I- 84.

It seemed to attract a lower class of people. One party tried to sneak six people into a room for two. Our room faced front of building and at 330 am people were out front talking loud and rudely.

Room was small but served the purpose for one couple.

I don't recommend this hotel unless your other choice is sleeping in your car.

Property needs to updated and kept cleaner. Bathroom door wouldn't close all the way and was sticky. It was like it was never cleaned. No iron or ironing board in room. Person at the counter when we checked couldn't find an iron and said she would look for one and bring it to the room. She never did!. Next day ssked a different staff member and she gave me one.

Location to I84 and Danbury Mall

The night staff member at the desk was very nice,...

that when I checked in I paid cash for my room and they kept running my credit card both days and then didn't know that my room was already paid for.

The night staff member at the desk was very nice, professional and helpful.

Nice, convenient to a short drive to NYC, which was our ultimate destination.

We actually paid cash to pay the pet fee, but it was taken out of my checking account by mistake (the bank's mistake?). When I called your front desk to get clarification about this charge, the gentleman I spoke to was kind of short with me (tone of voice and sounded rushed). He told me it was "not our mistake" but my bank's mistake, which I understand now. It was very concerning to me because it was a Sunday and I couldn't reach my bank's customer service. And he could have been more understanding and spoken in a more diplomatic, kinder, less rushed manner. This experience makes me realize I should not pay cash for a pet if we ever stay there again. I think, to avoid this misunderstanding in the future, this practice should be explained. A guest should understand that a charge for the pet will be deducted from the bank account. I would have used a different show up as a "pending" charge when we did it. Even now, I don't think it should be charged at all, even though it will be taken off in 5 business days.

Very nice pillows! We enjoyed the pet-friendliness.

Smell is too much for non smokers rooms are not ventilated
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Was unaware I booked a smoking room and being in the middle of a large power outage in the are no other hotels or rooms available. I was unaware this was a smoking room and the smell was unbarable. I left a room key for my mother at the desk and they gave her a different room? Which is completely unsettling that key was given to another persons room. Horrible

You get what you pay for!

Ambience could have been nicer. Breakfast could have offered more.

I liked the easy wi-fi connection, the size of the refrigerator, microwave in room.

Never again at this motel, the worst Super 8 ever.

Breakfast? There was a breakfast? Too small area, NO protien, no fruit, and very limited selection of the other ‘stuff’. Bread, juice, and coffee is not a breakfast, very poor effort. Beds were the worst of any bed in the numerous hotel/motels I have ever stayed in. So hard it seemed the padding and springs were forgotten. Pillows were miserable. Only one ice machine and only on the first floor.

Marta at the desk was very helpful. Rest of the staff was capable.

Cheap place to stay for the basics.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Had a bit of a smoke smell. The breakfast isn’t worth anything (but there is a Dublin Donuts out front).

Cheap place to stay for the basics.. Nice staff. Clean.

Great room for the price very comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

When I turned the heat/a.c. unit a lot of chunks of thick black dust blew out. It left dirt marks all over the beautiful white blanket provided by Super 8.

Great room for the price very comfortable.

Friendly staff, nice comfortable room at a great price.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

It was difficult to see where the entrance to the driveway was from the road. It can also be difficult to make a left hand turn out of there.

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were amazing.

Room overall was not bad somewhat updated. Nice floors. Bed dressings were cheap and not comfortable
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Appearance of night front desk person. His appearance was not neat nor was he friendly. The hotel lobby is very ran down looking. The maintenance man was verybcreepyband not friendly at all

The convience of the location

Very pleasant stay. The room was decorated very nicely.. the hardwood floors are a fantastic sanitar

Not much for food available in the Hotel.. The machines on my floor were broken.. had to walk down to a gas station

Everyone was super nice.. Arrived early and they made up my room right away

Clean rooms great customer service will stay again.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Wish it was easier to kick out the rowdy customers (not that there was alot). I know the hotel can't control that.

Excellent customer service delicious breakfast clean rooms.

I would not stay there again

The room had dirty sticky Vinyl and tile floors. The bathroom was also not fully cleaned . We had to ask for the room floors to be cleaned .

The Location was great .

Another weekend at the Super 8 in Danbury!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It's not close to restaurants. Only thing close is a Dunkin Donuts, McDonald's and a deli that cooks and sells Mexican food.

It's proximity to the highway. The fact that the rooms are always clean, the staff is very helpful and the free breakfast isn't bad... Especially since they've added the pancake maker.

My 3rd stay at Super 8 Danbury
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It's close to the highway, which is good for overnight travelers.

Ok experience and stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The additional high charge for an earlier check-in when there was clearly the availability not to charge a fee.

Although minimum;the free continental breakfast was ok.

Concepcion, the room cleaner, radio blasting with south-of-the-border music, icing on the cake.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Corrosion on door frames, small sinks, old wobbly tables, ambiance of outside of structure - PINK?? What idiot picked that color?

The desk staff are rude robots, no sense of hospitality. It is ironic that they are allowed to work in a hotel facility. But, Super8 is big on cutting costs, so they hire from the bottom of the barrel. This hotel could be improved by knocking it down and rebuilding it from scratch, and getting rid of all the corrosion and antiquated furniture. Refurbishing just doesn't work. Also, hire polite people with some emotional intelligence. I do not like rudeness. And all the doors have to be changed to mitigate the noise from slamming-effect. That is really a big problem.

My stay met the need of the trip.

The seating in the room was sparse at best. Only 1 chair for two people puts one person on the bed.

The accommodations met the need for the trip. Staff was pleasant and accommodating.

Great overrall
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I think adding more of a selection for breakfast would be better. The waffles were terrible...no taste at all. Tasted like you were eating cardboard

I liked the whole atmosphere

Basically Good desk help wonderful

Breakfast, dirty elevator,

The breakfast was poor. Room covers boot great and now after watching a tv problems changing of bottom sheets gave me a red flag as bottom sheet didn’t look fresh. Hopefully it was. Marta the desk manager was awesome and most help Good. Outside areas dirty and filled with cans and trash.

Friendly accommodating I would stay there any time

I was there from midnight till 11 am. Watched tv and passed out. Place was nice nothing fancy. I asked for a smoking room and that’s what I got. I have no complains. It was a descent room.

Best overall value in Danbury!111
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Don’t expect a lot for breakfast - but it’s there - Duncan Donuts is next door 😊

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and everything worked. Safe location and great mall close by. Ample safe parking. Simple, safe, great value!11

we felt very uncomfortable there and would not visit that hotel again.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

the room was very dark and gloomy. we had to go from 3rd floor to the first floor to get ice. both vending machines were out of order. When we walked in to the lobby, it just didn't seem inviting at all. it too was very dark and gloomy. when we came off the elevator on our floor there were plastic bags of clothing/garbage on the floor on each side of the door way.

the bathroom appeared to be newly done and was very nice

VERY GOOD VALUE FOR THE MONEY IF YOU'RE NOT BOTHERED BY SMOKING ODORS.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

THE SMELL OF CIGARETTE SMOKE IN THE HALL, ELEVATOR AND STAIRWELLS. THE ABSENCE OF REAL FOOD FOR BREAKFASTS.

THE KING SUITE HAD LUXURIOUSLY LARGE EMPTY FLOOR SPACE! THE STAFF WAS GREAT!

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Stain on the bedspread, window sill dirty, wifi did not work in room, no toiletries in bathroom - not even a bar of soap. Was told the manager would be calling to discuss- no call -no offer to make better.

staff friendly and cared

Super 8 is suitable. Clean rooms and basic accommodations.

I requested handicapped accommodations when I made the reservation. Unfortunately, this request did not transfer to the information Super 8 received. The person at the desk insisted that this request was not in her computer, they were fully booked and could not accommodate the request. I provided a copy of my original booking which clearly states the request. The Maintenance Man was at the desk during this discussion and offered a suggestion for a room location that was close to the elevator and could accommodate needs. All ended well. Another concern was the secret charge of $2.30 for the room safe that was not noted in the Bookings.com confirmation. I brought this to their attention and was immediately credited for the amount.

Super 8 is fair accommodations for the cost. The staff were pleasant and helpful.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

We had to change rooms since the safe was not operational. This should have been checked prior to assigning the room.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Nothing special, this is not a resort, staff is friendly and...

Noisy, there's a 1 inch gap under the door, if your a light sleeper, this is not the place for you, you can hear literally everything that happens in hallway, doors opening, closing, slamming and other guests talking.

Nothing special, this is not a resort, staff is friendly and courteous, room was very clean. Perfect for the price you pay.

Was treated like crap.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The check in.. I asked for back of the motel and first floor. I got front second floor and next to the laundry room .Have stayed there many times on trips from New York to Pittsburgh and back..this was the worst. Not a late check in. Was 3 pm so should have gotten what I asked for. And the redi points reward?? Been there 8 times and got a free water.

Comfortable

Overall my stay was pleasurable. Definitely would recommend it to others
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Breakfast selection could be bigger. My kids really dodnt enjoy it

I liked the atmosphere. Clean rooms and housekeeping made sure you had everything you needed. I liked the fact i had a more updated room with the hardwood floors and bright comforters and wall paintings/ paint

I would not stay here again if there were other options in the area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lobby and the hallways leading to the rooms smelled horrible... rugs in those areas really need to be replaced. Thankfully the room didn't smell like the hallway.

The room itself was clean (albeit dated).

Large room

Refrigerator still had half eaten food left in the freezer. Mattress was badly broken down on the sides and the springs could be felt when laying down. A great deal of road noise from the interstate makes sleeping near to impossible.

Large room Good shower

Need better management.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The management tries to charge for everything and stated a time limit .

The manager Marta very insulting and suspicious of guests and speaks to paying customers like children.

The beds were smaller than I thought for a king size.

The beds were smaller than I thought for a king size. The breakfast room was noisy and hot because of the ice machine could not hear anything or anyone. The breakfast was below par but the coffee was good. Stuff at Stafford felt was just trying to get us in and out fast we could ask for change for vending machine and they said basically to say go to hell.

horrible staffing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

horrible staff, when I called they were rude. when i checked in they also tried to force me to make another reservation and over charge me. the staff in general were super rude, they kept screaming at me and being all sorts of rude. will never come back.

Comfy beds

Close to the highway and services.

My card was charged early in the day despite the listing saying it would not be charged until we arrived to check in. There was no table/nightstand on one side of the bed.

Close to the highway and services.

Will never sat there again
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

everything! room looked like a college dorm room with cheap laminate flooring and there were ants all over it that I had to kill. the AC smelled musty. This coming from a person who is not the neatest. However for $125.00 the room should look much better be more comfortible and not come with ants. The breaskfast did not get any better no eggs only cheap muffins, (Let go my ego) frozen waffles, frosted flakes, cheap bagels, and coffee. I had to go to the Dunkin Donuts across the street for breakfast!

Staf was friendly!

Great place .. clean, priced great , quiet despite being full
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

TV channels were ok, but limited ... no comfortable chair in room to relax in

The bed was NOT like a cloud, which for me was awesome. Hard comfortable mattress loved it

Try another hotel if you can....
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

This had to be the most run down Super 8 I've ever been to and I've been to quite a few. They offered few breakfast but the place was so run down that the thought of eating there disgusted me. The whole time I just prayed that I didn't come home with bed bugs

Only thing I liked about this property was that it was literally right next to a donkin donuts with a McDonald's directly across the street.

Questionable value.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was fairly cheap but at the same time I stayed last week at a La Quinta within five miles apart for almost the same cost and Super 8 was a dump in comparison. They offered free breakfast but I had to leave very early before it was open. That said based on what I saw I wouldn't have eaten anything other than a bagel. Nothing actually cooked.

Quick check out.

Decent and affordable.

The walls are very thin. We were there for 6 days and they didn't change the sheets. The hallways smelt like smoke constantly. There should be an ice machine on each floor and they should improve their breakfast selection.

We had a king room and it was very clean. The bathroom was nice and the shower had good water pressure and was hot! The bed was comfortable. They answered questions and took care of issues well.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

dont trust super 8 or booking .com
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

false advertising I booked a room for 2 people with 2 beds printed out a recite with a photo and description of the room when I checked in my recite was ignored and I was told that I booked a room with a single bed.

Unfortunately, it was the only room available at the time.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Unfortunately, it was the only room available at the time. I have stayed in other Super 8's before and, like the other, had a bad experience. I will never stay in another Super 8 again. Sorry if that sounds harsh but, true.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

We liked that the floors were not carpeted.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little on the hard side, and the air was a bit warm for sleeping (we are used to cold bedroom with lots of covers).

We liked that the floors were not carpeted. Made the place feel so clean! The desk clerk was extra nice.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

I would recommend Danbury, CT to anyone.

It may not have a nice view but we could see the car from the room. That compensated.😊

Every was great. We stayed in 6 different motels this week and this one was the best of all overall, including breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Horrible!!!!! Don't go here!!! Staff is a nightmare!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Horrible experience!!!!! Rude staff!!!! Charged my card multiple times for the room, which resulted them putting $1000.00 dollars of mine on hold for over a week!!! They charged me twice the amount of the room so my very well behaved dogs could stay with my kids and I. Being a single mom of 3 young children and just recently becoming homeless I can't afford to be completely taken advantage of. I could of gone and stayed at a much nicer place where my kids and I would of had an actual room with space to stretch instead of the shoe box we were in. On top of that they were renovating and the place smelled of marijuana, the construction workers made loud noises well after 7pm, and I had bugs in my room. I even had to call the front desk to ask them when the construction workers were going to stop. It was practically impossible for my kids to take naps the week were there.

NOTHING!!!!

Okay, for the price...

Property is under construction based on signage at the front desk, but it appears long run-down and outdated. Breakfast is limited, I was hoping for a more diverse selection. Having been placed on the first floor, noise could be heard from vehicles running in the parking lot.

Staff is very courteous and friendly. Wifi is available. Convenient access from highway (i84 - Exit 4)

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

It was ok
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

As soon as you walk in you start smelling the smoke, I got a smoking room because it was no no-smoking room on sale . But I didn't know it was gonna be the entire motel smelling like it .

Andy was very nice , bed very confortable. Tv Chanel I was looking for .

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Stuck in Danbur
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Great location, Andy, front desk Manager was awesome. Very accommodating with our changing situation, broken car. Great value for price and clean basic rooms. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Decent & affordable
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not enough handicap parking spaces near the entrance.

The staff was very friendly & helpful. The room was clean. The location to where we were going the next morning was great.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

I wouldn't ever recommend staying here (even for the price). 100% gross and dirty IMO.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything. Room was disgustingly dirty and the staff was obnoxiously rude. Bathroom was gross and beds were uncomfortable. Walls looked like they have never been wiped since hotel was built. "Hotel" smelled of smoke and marijuana. There are so many better options for similar price.

Location was easy off the highway

Smell and Cleanliness
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

The corridors and room smelled like cigarettes. There was also old coffee in the small coffee maker that was never cleaned Out. Finishes in room were very outdated. Overpriced and cheap motel experience.

located close to major highway. Parking.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Good location but needs renovation

Reviews of property were misleading. This is a low-end prpoperty and the price reflects that. Outdated, very slow elevator for only 4 floors, but lovated right off exit 4.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Continental breakfast was okay for the price (just the...

Continental breakfast was okay for the price (just the basics - bagels, cream cheese/jelly, coffee/water/milk/tea, cereal, some fruit, oatmeal) , room always clean.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Place to sleep

Outdated very unattractive

Place to sleep

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

I don't recommend

Rooms smelled bad. It needs new paint One of the girls in the front desk was really rude. And talked to me disrespectfully

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Not enough parking spots.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not enough parking spots. Questionable neighbourhood. Noisy highway especially trucks using compression brakes

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

NO EGGS,BED OK

SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO STAY HERE;

NO EGGS,BED OK

Comfortable and convenient location

Friendly staff and NICELY DONE ROOMS.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Always accommodating

NOT a thing always GREAT

Always accommodating

Too run down.

Too run down...needs much updating. One elevator was ridiculous.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Comfey bed and linens.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The building smells of cigarettes

Comfey bed and linens.

The bad smell in the room and hall

The bad smell in the room and hall

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

We slept and left so I guess it was ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very dated. There was a work truck parked in handicap spot and my wife uses a cane.

Near the interstate.

This hotel is in SERIOUS need of a good cleaning

This hotel is in SERIOUS need of a good cleaning

The place is very pleasant

Not a think always very nice

The place is very pleasant

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Dedham, MA
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Location was good to access many things. It has an adequate pool and gym.

Would do it again

Make the breakfast better

The breakfast wasn't that great, no eggs Pancakes were okay