Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center 3 stars

1 Audubon Road, Wakefield, MA 01880, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Wakefield

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Had a good time
    • Traditional King Room

They put the black mini fridge on the floor right outside the bathroom door which because a giant tripping hazard

Hotel is nice and clean. Employees friendly and helpful. Bed was great. Shower head was awesome! Best shower ever. Room was a little out of date but nice. Bathroom was a little tight.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

I would definitely stay here again just for location, but would love to see the hotel modernized.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I thought that the hotel looked a lot nicer online... our room had a broken toilet paper roll holder and the bar downstairs was a bit dated. I was also charged twice (once when I first booked online, then again at checkout). I inquired about this at the desk before leaving and was assured the second charge wouldn't go through. The next day it did post, and I had to call to request a refund (which I'm still waiting to receive).

The location near the Marketplace dining/shopping area, the Boston Sports Club and convenience from the highway were all great.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Great staff and customer service but not so great room
    • Double Room - Disability Access with roll in Shower

The room we were in was not the best. Upon entering the room there was a funky smell like someone recently smoked in it and the room itself was a bit dingy. The rug is coming up by the bathroom, some of the paint by the ceiling is chipping and our view was an AC unit outside. On our bed the under sheet or dust ruffle had what looked like dirt or some blood on it at the bottom of the head of the bed. I noticed it on the first day but with all the in and out as we spent during weekend I forgot to mention it, BUT it was still there on the last day. The bathroom was a wheel chair or bathroom for a disabled person which was fine BUT the water from the shower pooled into the whole bathroom every time we showered bc there was no lip to keep the water in the shower. ALSO, there was no ventalation in the bathroom was it got so hot and steamy in there that you could barely see when you got out of the shower. Overall, we were not satisifed with the price we paid for the room BUT again the staff was good and very helpful.

What I really liked was the staff and their great customer service. They helped us with whatever we needed. Any question we had they were able to help us. Also the outisde and entry to the property was really nice.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Room was comfortable.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dining room was not as good as previous visits. Not enough choices. We felt it was more diner style than dining style

Room was comfortable. But bathroom had no fan for exhaust from shower

Beautiful stay at a fair price
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beautiful hotel at about 20 minutes by car from Boston downtown! Ideal for people traveling for work or friends who want to visit Boston without spending a fortune in the accommodation.

Give no las minute if you dont want last minute tourists.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Was a last minute therefore reduced price...but this did not include breakfast...which was not made explicit. Personal at the desk was quite unfriendly and made us feel 2nd class tourists. Only three mobiles could go to the internet.... Never Sheraton again.

King-size bed was comfortable.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had booked one room with 2 beds ( we were a family with 3 persons). At our arrival it has us been said that a reservation through an intermediary like booking.com does not guarantee to get the room that we asked for during the reservation process. We got a room with king size bed and an added rollbed which has blocked the pass-through in the room making it not very comfortable.

King-size bed was comfortable. Possibility to go swimming for free in the near ( 300meters) located fitness studio. Snacks served in the afternoon.2

Near to my son and grandchildren
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Being given a room next to the elevator despite requesting a quiet room.

Location next to Market Street mall is a bonus, breakfasts are great value for money.

We're glad we found such a good hotel
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

- could have included breakfast!

Comfy bed + pillows too. Quiet. Walking distance to many shopping/eating places. So close to the Interstate. Loved that fruit, coffee, tea were available in the Lobby.

Most enjoyable
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk staff were excellent. We came around 9:30am and left our bags in a locked room and went sightseeing for the day. They also gave us written instructions to drive to the train station. Most of the check in process was done at that time so when we returned much later in the day we only needed to pick up room keys and wifi info. Wifi was also very good.

Beautiful Foyer
    • King Room - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

That when coming down for breakfast that they didn’t share the information if I had meal tickets until after we sat down and they brought us drinks. Very Disappointed. The 2nd night there and the heating/cooling stopped working. Woke up to 85 degrees in room.

Beautiful Foyer

We enjoyed appetizers in the bar and the breakfast buffet.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wish they had a pool. I also think the linens, esepcially the mattress pads, in our rooms could stand to be replaced.

We enjoyed appetizers in the bar and the breakfast buffet. All of the food was very good. I also enjoyed room service by myself one evening and it was fresh, hot, and very good also. The staff were extremely helpful and attentive.

Comfortable but wish it was cleaner
    • Traditional King Room

Bathroom could have been cleaner. Dirt on the tile and hair on the floor. I was hoping by the second day the tile would have been cleaned but that wasn’t the case.

It was warm and inviting when we walked in.

It was great, but i was celebrating my honeymoon and it would have been nice if they cleaned up
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

They set the honeymoon amenities out on wrong night, and there were fly ants in the room. They did not take out the roll away, and they bathroom is outdated. They could use a soft renovation.

The room was very spacious!

Fine Hotel with a Gorgeous Lobby Entrance
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Shuttle Bus driver was not accommodating and doesn't appear to like driving guests to the pool in the building down the road - 10 minutes walk away

Very clean and attractive lobby entrance and overall condition.

Great place for the value
    • Traditional King Room

Furniture is a little dated. Desk chair was scary at best. Had Gatorade in the room when we left for the day and returned to it missing. Paid $8 for it downstairs and was promised it would be brought up to us. Was never fulfilled.

Bed was one of the best as far as comfort. Clean room with friendly staff. Complimentary shuttle was a lifesaver!

Perfect location to Logan airport & Market Street mall
    • Traditional King Room

No big deal but it took us a while to find our room from the elevator

Value for money, location is perfect for going to Logan airport & a bit of shopping. No gym in the hotel but they let you use BSC facility just 5 minutes walk. Easy check in as well.

Frustrating
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I asked for a cot three times, before I arrived, at check in and I called to make sure it was there when I arrived from dinner. It was not I was told they didn’t have one available and was forced to rent a second room. The front desk was horrible

It was very clean cutos to the house keeping staff

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Can't think of anything.

Bed was extra comfortable. Great TV and temperature control. Had Egg White Omelet with veggies which was extremely delicious. Great waitress service with lively conversation. Besides that we used the shuttle service every day and it was always accommodating. Loved the lobby fireplace.

The hotel and the people were nice. It just didn't seem to have the extras other hotels have.
    • Traditional King Room

Our room was small. Usually there's a comfortable chair in a room. Even though the room was small it could accommodate a chair. There wasn't a microwave. And the cookies were $6.00 for one row of Chips Ahoy cookies, that's very expensive!And no complementary coffee and tea.

The bed was comfortable. Everyone was very friendly.

Barking Dog & Tons of Loud Kids on Field Trip
    • Traditional King Room

Someone staying on our floor had a dog that barked that night then woke us at 5am barking & shrieking at the hoards of teenagers staying at the hotel. The chaperone of the teenagers was banging on all their doors yelling get up. There was a field trip at the hotel with tons of teenagers staying all over the hotel. This went on from 5am till about 8:30am. We were attending a family funeral that day and was not happy due to the lack of sleep we got. When I mentioned this at checkout, they apologized and offered me points on my Sheraton Rewards account. There were no points added to my Rewards account for my stay or for the awful experience due to the loud patrons. I should have been refunded or receive a complimentary stay!

Pillows & bed were comfy. Nice room & beautiful entrance to the hotel.

Love this hotel!
    • Traditional King Room

The decor is old and the bathrooms are to small.

Love this hotel!! It’s convenient, the staff is friendly and very accommodating. My only suggestion would be that the rooms and hallways need to be updated badly!!

The area and lobby was nice.
    • Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

The parking lot was not really shoved from the snow shower the day before. Also the shower leaked spraying water not from the nozzle.

The area and lobby was nice.

Quick weekend trip
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool isn't located in the hotel. It's down the street.

Easy access to the highway. Front desk staff was pleasant and aimed to please. There was an unfortunate circumstance that occurred a few rooms down from me. The staff was very professional and handled it accordingly.

Great stay great staff amazing bed amazing room.
    • Traditional King Room

The location but that wasn't the hotel's fault.

I travel a lot for business so I tend to stay in hotels all over the world. In all my travels I have never slept on a bed that is as comfortable as the bed at the Sheraton Wakefield. I overslept every morning because of the amazing sleep I got at this hotel and I'm not a heavy sleeper so thank you for having top quality mattresses in your hotel I truly appreciate it.

Will never stay again
    • King Room - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

The room's were old out dated and not clean. Very unimpressive to say the least. The exterior looks great, the lobby too, the rooms are terrible.

The bed and pillows are amazing!

No complaints

The bed and pillows are amazing!! Just so comfortable and always such a pleasant stay. I live in CT but my family and friends live in Wakefield and Melrose, so it is a perfect location. A bonus is the Market Street shopping plaza and the gym at Boston Sports Club. Just awesome

The staff that I interactions with we're all very...
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff that I interactions with we're all very friendly and helpful. I was at hotel for a conference and the staff was accessible and accommodating to the needs of function. They went above the standards to make sure everything was just right. Would Highly recommend

Meh.
    • Traditional King Room

I was put in a handicap bathroom and it was disgusting. There was hair in the bathtub and pubic hair all over the toilet. Just looked like someone didn't care to do a little extra work. I cleaned it on my own but it was gross. Then, I found that I was charged an extra $50! For what? Should've told me what they were charging me for before they did it.

Nice hotel for a weekend but not longer
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool is not located in the hotel but down the block. No mini fridge in room and they had a restaurant but service was incredibly slow

Nice hotel and staff , comfortable beds , decent location

Great stay overall and convenient location to Salem and Boston.
    • Traditional King Room

The bathroom was very small and there was no fridge in my room.

The staff was very nice. I enjoyed the high end gym and the shuttle to the market place.

The hotel sitting area was very comfortable.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

That the pool was off site and when we went to use it they were having swimming lessons and exercise classes so we we're limited on we we could swim.

The hotel sitting area was very comfortable.

uncomfortable and cramped space.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

room was listed as spacious and able to accommodate 5 adults but there was only Full size beds instead of Queens, barely enough space for the extra roll-a-way bed we needed for the 5th person.

Probably the best thing this place has going for it is that its right off the highway and is easy to get to Salem. Which was the vacation area we were intending to go to.

5.5
    I had changed my reservation room type through booking.
    • Traditional King Room

I had changed my reservation room type through booking.com but the hotel was never notified of the change and I was charged for the more expensive room.

The pool on the website was very deceiving because it is not...
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool on the website was very deceiving because it is not in the hotel - you have to walkup the road and it was not very clean - kids were disappointed

Comfortable but not quite worth the price.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was unable to get the group rate on my room since I booked online. I thought it was too expensive.

My class reunion was held in the facility, so it was,convenient

Nice, would book there again. Family in area
    • Double Room - Disability Access

I had made change to my reservation 7 nights to 5, which hotel didn't receive from booking.com. They billed for longer than I was staying. Problematic to resolve. Took up more of my time than I thought necessary.

Staff were all very pleasant, personable and helpful.

I do not advise anyone to stay in this hotel, because it is very bad
    • Double Room - Disability Access

The staff are Extremely bad, racist and uncooperative The place is very far from the city and there is a difficult transition It is also unclean and unhealthy

Had a great time, but disappointed in the quality of the room for the money.Felt like a $59 special
    • Traditional King Room

The bathroom was the smallest I have ever been in. There was no fan in the bathroom. We were room 185 down the end of a long hallway, felt this was a least desirable room and wondered if booking.com does not get the nicer rooms. There was no refrigerator in the room, I have been in rooms much less expensive and there is always a refrigerator. Wallpaper was peeling. Upholstery on chair was visibly dirty.

The bed was very comfortable. Loved the pillows. The function hall our group had was nice and the food at our function was absolutely delicious. The lobby was nice.

Rooms were very nice, clean and just what you would expect...
    • Traditional King Room

If you like soft beds, this would be your place. We found them to be too soft. Not old or worn down, just deliberately soft which wasn't to our liking.

Rooms were very nice, clean and just what you would expect from a Sheraton related property. Staff was very professional and polite.

Great location, great value!
    • Traditional King Room

I dont have anything to say!

Beds were like a dream! Location was perfect. Very close to Market Street which has many restaurants, bars, shops and novelty stores.

Really nice place that fit our requirement of affordable near our Boston destination.

The energy efficient toilets weren't quite up to the job. The shampoos and soap in shower were too smelly and there wasn't another option. Didn't love that feature. Would be nice to have complimentary food along with the coffee. Coffee was terrible by the way but that's not uncommon. Don't love having to walk outside to fitness center and pool, but I don't see that changing!

Rooms very attractive and comfortable, amenities like free cookies and brownies, water with lemon, large lobby very nice. Attention to energy savings admirable.

Close to Market Street which was a bonus... dated hotel. It clean and comfy
    • Traditional King Room

Comfortable bed, clean but dated ...very small bathroom. Having one entrance in made fir a long walk to our room which was almost at the very end.. lots of room service trays just left in hallway... made the place seem dirty and wasn't pleasant smelling

Comfortable bed, nice lobby area..

Was convenient for the night, but would probably not stay again.
    • Traditional King Room

Room had horrible smell when we walked in. The rug had food crumbs around the bed area. There were many dead bugs on the windowsills.

Bed was pretty comfy.

The service was great the rooms are correct and we ask for...
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The swimming pool and the sport room are outside the building 150 meters from the hotel. not Far but if the weather not ok or if motivation low could be a show stopper.

The service was great the rooms are correct and we ask for an additional bed without any problem. The huge Sports room and swimming pool shared with a fitness center.

The photos and description were completely inaccurate about...
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

No transportation into the city, however they claim to be very close. If I would have known this I definitely would have chose a different location.

The photos and description were completely inaccurate about the property. There was no pool.

Front desk staff was very nice and helpful.
    • Traditional King Room

Mold in shower tile grout, back of bathroom door was in dire need of painting, and out dated decor in room was not impressive. Carpet in room and hallways is old and outdated. Has feel of the 90's. Bathroom countertops (granite) appear to be the only thing up to date. There was no mini fridge or microwave either. Music in lobby was extremely loud considering it was background music. Property needs a major updating.

Front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Parking was good as is location. Bed was comfortable.

Loved this place!
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The facilities for swimming and workout were off-site. This was the only slight inconvenience.

Beds were very comfortable, room was clean. Staff always willing to go the extra mile. All were happy. A beautiful mall just around the corner with many restaurants - one particular breakfast favorite is Fat Biscuit. A must to go there if you visit.

Good affordable option to discover Boston area

Noisy A/c!

Staff very helpful ...hotel clean...used sports centre & great shopping nearby...liked location, easy to get to Salem & commute to Boston

Expected a little more for the price range.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room and bathroom was simple, and not different from any regular hotel that offers lower rates.

Nice entrance; option to include breakfast in the rate.

Bed was very, very comfortable.
    • Traditional King Room

Could not control the air conditioning even though I was supposed to be able to do so. Plus, the room was not made up on Saturday.

Bed was very, very comfortable.

Convenient location and a great deal for the family!
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Prices in dining room are outrageous.

Staff is super friendly. The lobby is lovely. The rooms are on the small side but the beds and pillows are super comfy.

Great Hotel!!
    • Traditional King Room

Loved this hotel. It has a beautiful lobby and the check-in staff was so kind and helpful. It's only about an 8 to 10 minute drive to Salem which was perfect. They have a great Bar and Grill right from the lobby for a nice evening of relaxing after a long day of traveling. Our room was very clean and our king size bed was so comfortable!! Would definitely stay here again.

I liked most, the maids.
    • Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

I asked for a king size bed and you gave us the full size.bed. Which was extremely uncomfortable for the rwo of us. In the rception, We were first in line and you accomodate 2 families first. There were two persons Working at that time A lady which was very nice to us. A young man who was very rough on us.

I liked most, the maids. Then I found gentle ladies that made us feel welcome.

It was ok
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed and pillow was not comfortable, there was only 3 towels in the room, we arrived no microwave in the room, i have to asked . The room was too small for a 2 double bed . There was only 1 chair. Quality inn hotel has 2 comfortable chair and spacious room.

The price was good

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Enjoyed My Stay!
    • Traditional King Room

Room was very nice and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. Appreciated the bottled water that was provided. Meals that I had as part of the conference were very good.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Friendly stuff, convenience and they are very responsive to your needs.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that there was no bar fridge on our arrival

They went out of their way to accommodate us at some point they sent their engineer to fetch us from the the train station at short notice, that was amazing.

Won't stay again .
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast outrageously priced. No microwave in room,beds smaller than anticipated..so didn't sleep..not happy.

Entrance to hotel inviting. Rooms clean

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Almost all the staff was wonderful and accomadting, from the...
    • Suite

We had a large family gathering booked and one suite. The suite was booked to assemble a family slide show and centerpieces for an 80th Birthday the next day. The suite reservation was Not honored no explanation given. I was argued with that I did not book a suite despite my providngi the confirmation. I was told repeatedly I did not book it and it was full. NO attempt was made to find a suitable solution. And we had to congregate in the lobby over the next 3 days. The slide show was never able to be completed. The suite was showing as available on 4 different websites. Tracy's nastiness was abhorrent. Beware booking.com's reservation was Not Honored.

Almost all the staff was wonderful and accomadting, from the pleasant ladies at breakfast, to the bartender that let us gather long after she needed to clean up. Which made the incident we encountered all the more striking in its absurdity.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

improved since last time but not there yet
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

breakfast is just OK no in house fitness center, one has to walk or drive to nearby BSC. that is a great facility but when outside temp is way below freezing point walking half a mile is not a nice option

Olivia at the reception has been very nice and helpful, going an extra mile to accomodate my room requests

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Fell a little short of expectations.
    • Traditional King Room

The bed comforter was covered in dog hair and the heater made a crackling noise all night long. The room was very small. Was ok because we were only there one night but any longer would have been a little cramped.

Loved the location next to Market St

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Effective business hotel with great accessibility

The interior is dated

The Boston Sports club with 50 Meter pool and the shopping mall with many restaurants and shops on walking distance make this hotel stand out.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

In need of an update...
    • Traditional King Room

Heater in room was hard to figure out. Once on it made a lot of noise and was so annoying we turned it off so we could fall asleep.

Nothing extraordinary about this hotel. It was a decent comfortable place to sleep.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Ask for the higher room numbers!
    • Double Room - Disability Access with roll in Shower

The older rooms need to be redone. One night I was given a room that smelled like a locker room!!!!

The food was wonderful, had a lot of room service. They were so nice!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Staff offered $50 reduction but then said they could not...

No hot water in shower

Staff offered $50 reduction but then said they could not since it was booked with Booking. .Com. So book with Booking.com is not an advantage!!!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Gross and unclean stay 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
    • Double Room - Disability Access

It was disgusting. It looked like the room hadn't been cleaned at all. I had to put paper on the toilet since it was covered in piss marks. I took several photos of the room and all the smudge marks, scuff marks and general disarray of the joint. The staff was lackluster with greeting us upon arrival. A roadside motel would be an upgrade to this place. I'm not comparing this to a penthouse. I'm comparing it to similar hotels with similar prices. The breakfast was so burnt and strange tasting we just called and told them we weren't paying, not to remake it. The food pics are what they served us, apparently they are supposed to be french toast and pancakes. We didn't eat either. Terrible place! Terrible service! Gross dirty room with smudge marks from people's fingers, scuff marks, burnt marks, and fungus in the shower. It was gross and uncomfortable. We put our clothes aside when we got home just in case. I give it a zero rating personally because it's not a roadside motel in fact I only choose this place because it's supposed to be a Sheraton, yikes!

It was next to i95 that's literally the only benefit or comfort of this dive.

Too Much Money Too Little Time
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our house keeping staff was horrible. One day our room was not made up at all when we came back at 4pm. We had to call and let the front desk know and then we had to go to the lobby to wait until someone came to clean it. The other days the beds were done very poorly, left wrinkled not neat, bathroom had not been mopped or swept and our rugged had not been vacuumed at all the entire time of our visit. Furniture was not dusted on a daily basis. You could tell that they did not take their times on the rooms.

The front desk staff and lobby were amazing. Everything in the front of the house was very well represented.

Ok
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no room fridge nor was there complementary breakfast . We checked in so late and paid full price for a room and not offered a discount due the tremendous amount of rain and wind the hindered our earlier check in ..

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

I'll be back!
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The desk staff was excellent and very helpful!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

good value and central location. will stay again
    • Traditional King Room

The staff is great, very friendly and helpful. Restaurant in hotel was very good service providers were friendly. Room was spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Need to add more selections to menu.
    • Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

Need to add more selections to menu.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Great staff and a perfect location for all the things we needed to do.
    • Traditional King Room

The heating/cooling unit was a bit noisy.

The room and bed were very comfortable

Not the best
    • Traditional King Room

The room not good quality

Served the purpose
    • Double Room - Disability Access with roll in Shower

Rooms were very outdated and very overpriced

Staff was friendly

My review
    • Traditional King Room

No pool on premise had to walk bit pricey

Close to Lynnfield market beds comfortable