Reviews of Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria 4 stars

4801 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX 75244, USA

#106 of 151 hotels in Dallas

5.5

I don’t think I will stay at this Sheraton location again
    • Traditional Double Room

There dirty dishes lined up against the wall at the end of the hall on the floor I stayed on, the front desk rep had a hard time checking us in, it took almost thirty minutes. I even emailed the ‘general manager’ and I have yet to receive a response. I called the front desk one evening of my stay and requested an item and I was rudely told that I would have to wait until housekeeping came back the next morning. I requested my sheets be changed because there were stains but housekeeping never changed them, she came in cleaned the room and left the dirty sheets on the beds as she made them. Horrible customer service! I normally don’t leave reviews like this but since the GM didn’t respond to my email hopefully this review gets his attention!

The beds were comfortable

• Traditional Queen Room

The only issue I had was with the A/C which was very noisy, I had to turn the fan switch on Low in order to sleep Also, when one opts for the Green Choice, they should at least refill the coffee pods

Friendly staff

Comfortable location for a nice, quiet weekend getaway.
    • Traditional King Room

The bed was a little hard in my opinion but it was still delightful.

Loved the fact that we got to control the temperature in our own rooms!! The comforter was amazing and the room was very spacious. Also loved that we had access to netflix and hulu.

It was great.
    • Traditional King Room

They need to have free complementary breakfast instead of wanting you to pay an extra fee and they need an indoor pool, but other than that it was spot on .

The location was excellent and staff very helpful and friendly and always had a smile.

Overall would stay again and once construction has finished I would rate it higher.
    • Club King Room

The noise from construction activity and through the large space at the bottom of the door.

Overall the hotel is good value for money and in a good location, staff are friendly and courteous, the position close to the Galleria and major roads is very convenient.

Room decor and bedding was very comfortable.
    • Traditional King Room

LThe Check in process didn’t meet expectations. I requested an early check in 60 Days in advance. Received confirmation of my request and then still had to wait to check in. There was no vent in the bathroom. I would have liked to have know the property was undergoing renovations in advance. There were excessive Construction noises during the day that interrupted my leisure time. I was left disappointed and a bit embarrassed in front of my guest.

Room decor and bedding was very comfortable. Great central location.

Fair
    • Traditional King Room

The elevators with dirty the mattress on my bed was very old no one told me I had to pay to exit the the parking lot after checking out drinks at the bar is way over priced

The view, the lobby, the room..the staff

6.0
    The experience wasn't good, just ok to have a place to sleep. I would try another hotel next time.
    • Traditional Double Room

The hotel is under renovations so the elevators were dirty with debris, and you could hear hammering noises fro the upper floors. I got to my room and it had cigarette smell all over, furniture was old and worn out. So I asked for a room change. The second room was much better but still not optimal, the bed headboard had scuff marks and needed re-paint. Ordered room service one nite, the food was horrible. Do not order any food from here, better have something delivered to you from an outside restaurant The stuff was very nice and helpful. Overall not a bbad place for a business trip, but definitely lot's of improvements needed there.

Overcharged a day and had an item stolen from my room; hotel refused reimbursement.
    • Traditional King Room

1. On the last day of my originally booked visit, I called the front desk to extend. They told me I had already extended online. I went down to speak in person, as I had NOT previously extended. Long story short, I was told that shortly after booking, someone called and extended a day. Odd, but I asked what the extra charges would come to. Two clerks checked and told me repeatedly that it was already paid for and that there would be no further charges. A day after my trip, I was charged another night's stay. Called back and spoke to the manager on duty, Tyler Campbell. He would not honor what I had been told by his staff and said "...we are in the business of making money, not giving out free nights...". 2. A gift I had bought for my wife was forgotten behind in the room on the desk in a small gift bag. Forty-five minutes after I departed, I called the hotel to check for the gift and arrange for shipment. I was told by the front desk there was nothing found in the room. I called and left a message for Jorge Velaz (housekeeping Lost & Found), to please check and call me back. He called me back that day, and again, informed me that nothing was left in the room. I then asked about being reimbursed for the cost of the item, as only a hotel employee would have access to a locked room. Mr. Valez refused, gave me the number to the local police department, and said it was now an issue for PD, not Sheridan.

I won’t be back there and I suggest if you don’t want to be treated differently because of your skin
    • Club Double Room

It seemed like I was profiled for being black... no one told me you had to pay extra 100 when I already paid for the room in advance.. During checkout I was told that I was smoking in the room when it’s not a smoking room so why would I smoke in the room when I needed my deposit back.. the whole experience was terrible and I’m not recommending any of my friends there... I’m a Glass ware maker from Louisiana and I do have respectable job and I came for a cowboys game and it just seemed like I was treated differently then other people.... I woulda asked to speak to higher management but I was in a hurry to get to my game... the whole experience was terrible for me I spent 300 on 2 nights with no breakfast plan just to stay 1 1/2 nights there... won’t be coming back or recommending my friends or family or anyone that ask me about the properties but I know they don’t care

The big tv

from 1-10 it was a 3 for me
    • Traditional King Room

The sink was stopped up they fixed it but left a mess when we should have been moved to another room. The room was across from elavator it was to much noise in hallway

We loved the 14th floor...no issues..of noise
    • Traditional Double Room

The first night we had issues with the water line pressure at the shower...not too strong...!on tge 4th floor #422 Noises on top on the 5th floor We understand they are technicians and contructions workers... But for beibg there the first time.it wasnot a good experience I requested another room with less noise...!

The new look in the hotel....!! The first night we stayed in the old rooms... The other two nights in the new room

Room exceeded my expectations staff was super friendly and...
    • Traditional Double Room

Room exceeded my expectations staff was super friendly and helpful. Rest burger was outstanding, I rebooked for thanksgiving already. My new go to hotel when in Dallas.

Wonderful! I will stay there again on my next trip to Dallas.
    • Traditional King Room

Getting to the location takes a knowledge of Dallas traffic flow and roadways; which I possess having lived in the area (Lewisville) for years.

The hotel was outstanding in respect to staff who were invisible yet ensure that excellent services were very visible. Thanks for an pleasant experience. The handicap parking available was extremely accessible and greatly appreciated!!!

Overall comfort and location were excellent I would most defiantly stay there again !!
    • Traditional King Room

It was just a long walk from car to room! Oh and the wifi cost extra plus no breakfast bar just coffee !!

The view from the room ! Starbucks coffee was a plus ... The bathroom had great products and plenty of comfy towels

Great deal, need to upgrade rooms & elevators!
    • Traditional Double Room

Our room was a bit out-dated! Didn't match what we saw on the website or what you see when you enter the Hotel🤔. Water smelled weird also & the elevators need to be serviced or replace.

The location is perfect! Great places to eat & shop very close by.

It was scary
    • Traditional King Room

The elevator was broken and very scary. The room I chose on Booking.com was not available. So, we had to stay in a room with a tiny bathroom we could hardly move around in. I was no impressed at all.

The place looked nice.

The bed is so comfortable and the staff was awesome!
    • Traditional King Room

There is so much construction going on and the elevators are terribly slow and run poorly because they shake. The hotel is outdated in the rooms and my a/c was not working properly. The rate should be lower, I feel like I overpaid for what I got.

The bed is so comfortable and the staff was awesome!

Ok stay
    • Traditional Double Room

The rooms were not as nice. I requested a king bed but they were not able to accommodate due to a conference that week, they did switch my room to a cleaner one as the first one smelled like smoke

The hotel is very nice, the staff was accommodating

I couldn't be happier with our experience!
    • Traditional Double Room

The elevators were under renovation, so they ran a little slow, but we knew that, so it wasn't an issue.

EVERY member of the staff was super courteous and attentive! Misty was awesome! The hotel was pristine, from the grounds to our room. The beds were wonderful, and pillows were out of this world. We couldn't have had a better stay!

Room smelled like it was smoked in.
    • Traditional Double Room

Room smelled like it was smoked in. Very hot on elevators and hallways. Air conditioner made a rattling sound throughout the night. I wasn't able to sleep. Overall, not my type of hotel to spend the weekend in.

NOT GOOD
    • Traditional King Room

took forever to catch the elevator even at 6:30 in the morning and 6:30 in the evening. Worst mattress in the history of hotels. I was laying on springs

convenience

The location is absolutely the only thing I liked about this...
    • Traditional King Room

The staff is not very friendly, the halls are uncomfortably hot, the elevator is dirty and not to mention very slow, but who wants to take the stairs to the 10th floor hauling luggage...Our room was ok, but the bed was disgusting, the white comforter had spots all over it and was dirty all around the bottom, the headboard had stains all over it. While it states that the hotel is under construction, the only thing that looks updated is the lobby. I would not stay here, and I will not stay here ever again.

The location is absolutely the only thing I liked about this hotel.

The concierge and waitstaff in the restaurant we're...
    • Traditional Double Room

The property was under construction. They started with heavy equipment at 7 AM. My air conditioner sounded like a Mack truck. Needless to say the quality of sleep was terrible. I came home one evening after a long day on the road to take a shower and the water was turned off for the construction. The final day I had stomach cramps all day after eating a club sandwich at the hotel restaurant. To top it off I made a request online to have my Starwood number applied to the reservation and it never got done. At this point I'm crossing Sheraton off my list. Experience was D-.

The concierge and waitstaff in the restaurant we're great!

We will probably not come back to this place
    • Traditional King Room

I didn't like the fact that i booked 3 rooms and when i booked thru booking.com it said "pay at property" and hotel had already charged my c/c when my other 2 families were going to pay seperate. A/c was not working at all. Front desk staff was not friendly or helpful. Poolwas filthy.

The bed is really confy

I would stay there again only after a hotel renovation.
    • Traditional King Room

The elevators were terrible. Sometimes, only one in a total of four was working. The bathroom is rather old and needs a renovation. I was an evacuee form Harvey in Houston and the front desk did not tell me that I could request exemption in federal taxes.

The fitness center is pretty good.

Sad
    • Traditional King Room

Remodeling for 8 months and I did not know this. From9-5 constant annoying noise. They did comp my stay. I went for peace and quiet. Had to leave early.

Great bar, clean room, and nice hotel.

Elevators are horrible. Lucky that the service elevator was available for our use.

The bar is a great place to hang out. Good food and good drinks. Bartender was great!

Con stay hotel review
    • Traditional Double Room

Elavators they take forever to get to ur floor had to use service elvator

Great clean facility staff is friendly ,free breakfest, free parking plus theres a really nice pool outside and exercise area

if i could have cancelled and went somewhere else, i would have.
    • Traditional Double Room

the rooms were not up-to-date at all, said renovations start this week. hallways dry and hot. rooms not at all what I was expecting.

the hotel lobby, was nice.

Elevators were in need of repair;
    • Traditional King Room

Elevators were in need of repair; front desk service was subpar. Room service was slow and food was delivered cool. The hotel stayed that it had been renovated; maybe just the lobby. The room was old and bathroom was tiny.

good accomodation in a good location and expensive parking

you have to pay for parking and it was expensive.

it was big and comfy. me my husband and our doggie loved it. it is a little further away from the city center but not too far.

Good place to stay
    • Traditional Queen Room

The AC in the hallways and elevator didn't work. One of the elevators was broken and it took a while to get an elevator. Also every time I came back to the room the AC was turned off. Took a while to get it cooled back off.

Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Wont ever stay here again!
    • Traditional King Room

Needs a Better bed, better room, Better elevators, nicer staff, a room that was promised. And preferably a room with ac would have been nice. Was told we had complementary breakfast, it ended up being 30 dollars! And wifi was 15 dollars a night plus 12 dollars a night for parking. Nothing was free. Def would have rather stayed at a motel 6!

Comfy stay
    • Traditional Queen Room

Elevator was sorta slow get to the floors and to open it's doors. The water was a little high for the brand also.

The room was very clean and set up properly. Bed was comfy didn't take long to fall asleep. Staff was helpful and friendly.

Awful place to stay!
    • Traditional Double Room

Room was not clean! It was dusty and had trash from others in it when I arrived. Elevators did not work properly. Had to use stairs. Stairwell was not near as clean or safe as it should have been, some lights didn't work and others had broken covers. Walls, elevators, bed head boards had scrapes or damage. Lobby looked decent. Other floors were TERRIBLE!!!! I will NEVER stay here again!

Very disappointing and overpriced
    • Traditional Double Room

Exteemely overpriced for a so called "nice hotel" Dirty, bottles of beer in the parking lot, they charge $12 each night for parking that is open to the public, anyone can have access. 1 out 3 elevators working for 15 floor hotel. Lots of waiting. Building is old and dirty. Not for families at all. The type of people that was there were drinking, smoking,girls underdressed... made us thought of something else..... A motel 8 or 6 is way better than this hotel. Would never ever stay there again.

The beds are comfortable

Good location but rooms a bit depressing
    • Traditional Double Room

Room was shabby There were no phone charge ports Bathroom was small Elevators were very inefficient

Bed was comfy Towels and bed linens were clean and nice

Two night at beautiful Sheraton by galleria
    • Traditional King Room

1.I got charge for Internet that did not sign for And did not used it, and the person( guy ) that help me was rude and not friendly at all, 2.I was not advise about fees for parking 😞

Nice hotel in a good location.
    • Traditional King Room

Stayed here our last night in USA before flying out of Dallas. Great location considering we came in from the interstate. Was easy enough to get our hire car back to the airport in the morning. Car park cost $12 overnight, though i thought this would have been included in the room fee. The bed was fantastic, bathroom was nice and clean, we also had a really nice view from our room. Room service menu was comprehensive and the bar down in the lobby was quietly happening into the late of the night. Would definitely recommend and would stay again if I'm in Dallas.

Dallas by the Galleria
    • Traditional Double Room

There was no shuttle to/from the airport. The air conditioner in our room was too noisy. The elevator floors did not match up with the actual floors but we were told they are getting new elevators.

The hotel is within walking distance to Dallas Galleria. This mall has all sorts of shopping and places to eat. The hotel also has washers & dryers. The food in the bar is very good.

Not worth the price
    • Club Double Room

Beds were very uncomfortable. Elevators felt like they were going to break down from all the shaking. Did not look like the picture, walls are extremely thin, not a very God experience for the price

The lady at the front desk was very nice. Great view of the city

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Outdated hotel not worth the price
    • Traditional King Room

The price i paid for the hotel was not worth it. Also why sould a guest have to pay to park where they are already paying to stay.The lobby was nice, but once we hit the room, it was very dual,didnt have a pleastant smell,bathroom very out dateded, when reserving a suit you would think it would be a pull out couch, there was a bed and a chair, with no mircowave in the room. We called down to the front desk and asked for a refund. And with no problem they granted us our refund. I do appreciate the staff for no problems.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Traditional King Room

We had a BIG problem after we left. We had a charge of 52.38 show up on our checking account as a deduction and I called the hotel and they said it should be reimbursed in a few days. This was on Dec. 3 and now it's Dec. 14 and it still hasn't been reimbursed. I have called the hotel 4 times and they say call your bank, but if it doesn't get reimbursed, we will take care of it. I called my bank twice and they say there is nothing pending to show a reimbursement and I need to call the hotel, so I called again today and they said they will check and it and get back with me. I am very frustrated that I have had to worry and fret over this and I still don't have my 52.38 back in my account! PLEAE GET THIS BACK IN MY ACCOUNT!!!

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

Not what I was expecting
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room was dusty, dirty, and not worth the price. I thought I had booked the Sheraton downtown, but it was the Galleria. They are nothing alike.

The staff was much nicer and more friendly here than the other location.

Average
    • Traditional Double Room

Average hotel. Room right off the freeway. Hotel took $100 which wasn’t returned to my bank account for 3 days.

I liked everything.
    • Traditional Queen Room

I liked everything. I spent 607$ with 4 days of self parking, two breakfasts and one lunch.

Very relaxing
    • Traditional King Room

Paying for parking at the hotel

The entrance and lovely rooms

The location close access to galleria airport and cooper’s...
    • Traditional Double Room

The location close access to galleria airport and cooper’s clinic

Hotel near a 100 places to eat all 10's, staff, room, location super. Will always use this hotel.
    • Club King Room

Bed excellent very clean room and bath

It was great

It was great

It was a comfortable and friendly stay

The overall stay

the best hotel experience I have ever had.
    • Traditional Double Room

Nothing could have been better. I was completely satisfied.

Everything was perfect.

Not what I expected.

Bathroom too small.

I didn't like anything.

The location was amazing and food is really good.
    • Club King Room

The location was amazing and food is really good. Service is very nice and helpful.

Good but not a good moneys worth room wise and broken shower head .
    • Traditional King Room

I Did not like not having a microwave or a bottle of water with a Four dollar tag on it

Perfect
    • Traditional King Room

Everything was great looking forward to staying again.

a joke
    • Traditional Double Room

as above hotel should be closed

worst service i have ever had at any Sheraton

Wouldn't stay here again, and might even just sleep on the floor.
    • Traditional Double Room

Not clean, and felt like I was sleeping in a scratchy bed.

Cheap, and was a place to stay for the night.

Room

Pool

Room

Decent price for business travel
    • Club King Room

Nice fitness center. Friendly staff.

Very noisy!

Very noisy!

construction, noisy, hall noise

construction, noisy, hall noise

Great location and clean

Great location and clean

Old timer
    • Traditional Queen Room

Every thing is old in this hotel. And I wasn't able to see a movie. The system was down.

Location was excellent

Overall it was great

The elevators kept stopping.

Bed was comfy. Front desk lady was real nice

I will not go this hotel again
    • Traditional Double Room

They charged me to much !! More than payment for one night!!!!!!!!!

I paid to much for changes, i did not why!!!!

Horrible booked 3 nights only stayed 1 night
    • Traditional Double Room

Dirty dishes on ground ,bathroom Dirty tv too small elevator too slow

Under renovations, watch out
    • Traditional Double Room

Under renovations. Everything is a mess right now.

Attentive staff

Save for the lift, it was a great stay.
    • Traditional Double Room

The lifts are in bad shape.

Very clean and a good location

Good price for stay but hotel is old & hotel needs to be remodeled. Very slow elevators!!

Slow elevators. Hotel needs to be remodeled.

My stay was fantastic the staff was wonderful the hotel itself is amazing and would recommend here.
    • Traditional King Room

The bar and restaurant the staff the food was just so awesome 👏🏾 hands down

The breakfast was good.
    • Traditional Queen Room

There was no water in the room. I would expect such a hotel to have at least 1-2 bottles of water to start with.

The breakfast was good.

Construction was going on while my family was sleeping in...

Construction noise

Construction was going on while my family was sleeping in the afternoon