Reviews of Sheraton Framingham 3 stars

1657 Worcester Road, Framingham, MA 01701, USA

#2 of 7 hotels in Framingham

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

The Sheraton Framingham was a great place to hold our annual MNA Convention!
    • Traditional Double Room

Can't really think of anything that I would change.

The room was very comfortable, the staff were so friendly and helpful. The conference I attended was very well run. Overall a great experience!

The beds were great !
    • Traditional Double Room

Breakfast wasn't included,pool hrs ok..but need more staff to run indoor/outdoor pool.

The beds were great !!the room beautiful !the fruit infused water in lobby was great,and the poland spring water bubblers nice!!!staff was great!!

Upgraded to the 6th floor SPG floor.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Upgraded to the 6th floor SPG floor. Delicious breakfast comfortable large room. The hotel left the outdoor pool open so that was great with hot weather. The food we had delivered to the pool was good. Inexpensive and hot. The bartender had good specialty cocktails. He was really nice. My daughter just moved to Nadick near Shoppers World so a little far but we really enjoyed the stay

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

No complaints, but no real wow factor. A comfortable stay but nothing overly special.
    • Traditional Double Room

Elevators were slow and almost always full. ended up waiting 20 minutes with luggage to get them to my room as stairs were not an option. (There were also numerous conventions when I stayed and people were constantly up and down all weekend) Coffee maker in room was always on. If you plugged it in it would automatically start brewing. Coffee left for brewing only came with 1 package of cream and sugar.

Cant really rate staff as I had no interaction with any of them other than checking in and checking out. (No need to as nothing went wrong) Facility were fine. Door to bathroom required excess force to get closed but as the building is old, settling is not unexpected. Beds were very comfortable and room met all other expectations.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Great friendly staff and nice location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only issue we had was with the bathroom, and it was minor. It could have used some updating and maybe a little floor repair. The beds were also hard as a rock.

Great friendly staff and nice location. The hotel was clean and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Super Friendly- Professional. Nice restaurant. Great location.

Check in was very friendly. We had booked two rooms but my work colleagues was ill and could not make the trip. The hotel staff were great, Highly recommended the bar-restaurant in hotel- of course, however the food and the service made this a great one stop shop. Business printing on site- clean room, great bed.

The staff was efficient, courteous and helpful.
    • Traditional Double Room

It was a little pricey. There was a major concert in town.

The staff was efficient, courteous and helpful. But the biggest surprise was the gym. This place has an excellent lap pool and gym!

We loved that there were life guards at the pool, 2 called...

Cleanliness of bathroom

We loved that there were life guards at the pool, 2 called out during our stay and the hotel staff chosen to take on the position were military veterans in their 30s. Wonderful personalities.

Location, the rest of hotel
    • Traditional Double Room

We stay frequently at the Sheraton. This room wasn't as nice....i think bed was broken. Was uneven and if u sat at edge it flipped up.

Location, the rest of hotel

Overall, it was a good experience
    • Traditional Double Room

Both pools weren’t open at the same time. Had to close one to go to the other. Bathroom in my room was very small. Housekeeping knocked on my door at 10am to ask me if I was checking out then. Checkout wasn’t until 11am.

Pools were great for the kids. Rooms were nice.

The pool was great, the staff at the grill was pleasant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was depressing. The shower was weird and had a chair in it. Housekeeping was rude. They asked us when we were going to leave when there was four hours until check out. Cheesecake fir 9$ is the same brand Cumberland farms sells.

The pool was great, the staff at the grill was pleasant.

I expected a much better stay at a Sheraton Hotel for the price I paid.
    • Superior King Room

There were a million different events happening at the hotel. It is difficult to get rest when there are children and teenagers running and screaming in the hallways. The hotel needs to invest in some sound proofing! Although the lobby is quite nice it doesn't match the outdated carpets with stains and uncomfortable beds that don't seem clean.

The staff at the front desk was very helpful especially every day when the room key didn't work and they had to reset it. The gym was also well organized and the machines were readily available.

It was quiet and clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Restaurant was not cheery or inviting so we didn’t want to spend so much for the offered breakfast. We were surprised to have no little store or niche to pick up snacks or forgotten items- only a rickety wire stand next to check in counter. It was much larger than we realized.

It was quiet and clean. The staff tried to be accommodating even though very busy.

It was fair. Breakfast included would be a nice addition.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn’t enjoy being woken up by housekeeping at 8:00a.m. Woke everyone up. I’m sure she could tell she had done so, but continued to ask what time we were checking out. Called front desk, and she was very apologetic and offered us breakfast. Also, the heating/cooling unit had frayed, exposed wires. Looked bad and didn’t seem particularly safe.

Good location for our needs. Front desk staff was nice.

Check-in is fast.
    • Superior King Room

Bad soundproofing in the room, the noises from the highway were very loud and never stopped since the beginning. The windows seemed to be not so windtight, you can feel the wind a bit.

Check-in is fast. The hotel appearance is well finished and looks nice. The breakfast is good but not for free.

Would definitely stay again, but would rely on my own research to explore the area!
    • Traditional King Room

The Front Desk Staff could have worked to have been a little more knowledgeable of local dining. When I asked 4 of them (yes, there was 4 behind the desk) if they could recommend a decent restaurant in the area, other than a chain, they struggled with ideas and suggestions. One of them told me they could "Google" restaurants in the area. I could have done that myself. . . I was hoping they would have been able to recommend a "gem" in the area that only locals would be aware of. I worked in hospitality during a few busy summers in a resort town, and it was always required that we know about two area destinations - dining and shopping. I was disappointed and ended up ordering room service.

Despite how busy the hotel was during my stay, my room remained quiet and peaceful throughout the afternoon and overnight. Also, very clean and very friendly staff. Grounds were also very decent.

Disappointed in the room and staff
    • Superior King Room

The lobby looks wonderful - but sadly you don't sleep in the lobby. The room was in poor condition, peeling wallpaper and an old feel to it. Worst thing was the bathroom taps both poured hot water!

The lobby.

Exhausting!
    • Traditional King Room

Children in halls were out of control. Pounded on our door numerous times as a prank when we were trying to nap. At bedtime finally needed to call desk because girls in next room were making so much noise with obcenities and vulgarity. Desk did come up and quiet them but by that time it was midnight

Jerry at the front desk was AMAZING!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Jerry at the front desk was AMAZING! Super helpful and knowledgeable. His dedication to making sure our stay was comfortable and affordable is the reason we will be returning soon.

Misslead to steam room.
    • Traditional King Room

The ad. was false there is no hot tub or steam room. The restar. was too pricey, they charge $10. for parking.

Very accomadating staff. Utilities were great.

The place looks fabuloss, lobby, hall ways, inside the room.
    • Traditional King Room

The wather on bath is too cold and have no press. I have to wait for more then 20 min to the wather get litto hot, bit not a good. And the heat system too noise. And not fair pay $10 extra for parking the car. Also the breackfast is too specive for normal and simple food.

The place looks fabuloss, lobby, hall ways, inside the room. Verry good.

rooms were clean
    • Traditional Double Room

a little to big. stepped on glasss in the pool. reported to desk staff and just got an " we are sorry" Trying to get inand out off the highway awkward

rooms were clean

Comfortable bed with a lot of room. Check the tub's hot water won't scald you, before you settle in!
    • Superior King Room

1 Signage near road. With speed limit on the one-way highway, GPS did not have sufficient time to advise of the need to turn, so we missed it the first time. 2 Scalding, hot water in the shower, with NO cold available at any setting! Another guest overheard us, while mentioning this upon checkout, and said they'd the same issue for two days, despite having notified the desk after the first night. 3 Rear exit from elevator to parking area was apparently the smoking area for staff. YUCK

Size of room. Availability of parking spaces. Comfortable bed.

Very good for my first stay, and thank you!

The shower curtain was unable to prevent the shower water from getting on the floor... I wiped it dry with that bathroom floor towel and I hope I got to it in time before the floor could have any water damage... might be worth getting an extra liner that would go well below the tub's height..

The meeting room for my conference was good and the food service and the food were great!

Disapointed in our stay but had quality family time.

Parking was a nightmare. Two events were happening while we were there. The hallway right outside our two rooms had cheerios all over it. Housekeeping was on the floor both days and never picked them up. I ended up doing it since the kids kept running through them. Quality of the food wasn't as good as the last time we stayed. My husband and I were disappointed since it was supposed to be an awe inspiring family get-together. Stayed many times before and service was better. Our beds frame leaned to one side...

The grandchildren enjoyed the indoor pool. We did get our rooms next to one another. we spent time together as a family. Didn't charge us for the grandchildren's breakfasts. Check in was fast and pleasant.

Great Hotel Great Location and the price shows it.
    • Traditional Double Room

should have rental cars available always did before and should have Valet parking.

every thing was great In asked for a special handicap room for my mother and Aunt it was waiting for us and perfect as was my wife and my room.

The room (366) had a safe that was built behind the closet...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room (366) had a safe that was built behind the closet door.It was inaccessible. Room was too warm,even after maintenance came at 11:00pm.My state government rate wasn't honored.

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean enough! I was very disappointed in how many fingerprints were left on things. Strange smell in hallway. I will not return!

Inexpensive

Will not stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No fridge or microwave. Asked and received a microwave. Microwave was not clean. Had burnt food when open, smelled like canned ravioli. Was not happy.

Front desk clerk was nice.

Sheraton Hotel Framingham MA
    • Superior King Room

Bathroom was on the small side .Very elegant and clean.😊

Everything about the hotel was great! What a gorgeous hotel. Will be back to visit In the future!😊

Lift your game Sheraton Hotels!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When you arrive at the hotel it's looks like an amazing castle. When you enter the foyer it's lovely and modern. But... ! When you get to your room you have stepped back in time. Rooms need serious refurbishment. Starting from new matttesses and carpet. Mattress was old and worn. You know like when someone has slept in the same spot and there is a major dip in the bed and you can't roll over? The room door was 2 inches off the floor. You could seriously pass a pizza under it. See the photo - waiting for my pizza... Made for a bad night sleep as it allowed all the light in to our room from the hallway which made our room light up like a Christmas tree! And hear everything in the hallway and vice versa. No privacy here folks! I would also like to question the 2 inch gap - a fire regulation issue?? We had to ask for better pillows as they felt as if they had been around for 20 years. Bedding quilt had urine?? stains. See photo. Air conditioner old and noisy! The bathroom was old, dirty and very small. When I mentioned these issues on check out - I was quickly and rudely dismissed. Seems staff need some training in modern day customer service too. Not the Sheraton standard I was expecting. Lift your game Sheraton. You might have been a nice place to stay 25 years ago - however it's time to put some serious money back into your properties and update! Very disappointing! Keep up with the other hotel chains who are cheaper and more modern, clean and inviting.

No si great to have been my first time in this hotel after traveling from
    • Traditional Double Room

There was old used water bottles under the bed the matress of one of the bed was covered with all types of human hair. No plastic bag liners on the garbage cans . Towels were very rough they need to be washed with fabric softener at least . Food mad expensive very little for too much money. The cleaning personal should be better trained. Check out and check in staff at the time we checked in the males were not to friendly it seems like they didn't like their job.👎😳👀

Recommended value, comfortable rest
    • Traditional Double Room

Rug in room - wood floors would be better. Tv did not work at first - prefer stand up enclosed shower vs bath tub with curtain

Pool(although did not use it) Lobby comfortable clean new bedding

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

breakfast buffet was overpriced and not very good.

food and prices of food

breakfast buffet was overpriced and not very good. Also the restaurant was very small for a breakfast crowd. If I had to be somewhere at a certain time, I would go off site for breakfast

Party hotel
    • Traditional Double Room

Party room next door to us. My 2 sons and I stayed over during a basketball tournament and there were doors slamming and screaming kids RIGHT next to us until 2am. Not fun when you have an 8am game and need rest.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

The bed was comfortable and great water pressure in the...
    • Club Room

The fact that booking on your site did not go through and my reservation was lost. Thankfully I was able to show them my confirmation but then lost the room type I was supposed to have and paid more for a double bed room than if I was going to choose a double bed room which would have been cheaper. Also there was no refrigerator in the room. I'm not sure what I paid extra for in the club room type. Had less than Hotels I've stayed and they were chesper. I was not happy at all and no one was accommodating to this issue. I was pretty much told oh well.

The bed was comfortable and great water pressure in the shower.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Great place to stay
    • Traditional Double Room

It would have been nice to have a fridge for drinks. The beds are a little small for 2 adults. We had issues with a bunch of boys running around like crazy all over the hotel. It's no fault of the hotel but of the 2 ladies that should have been watching them. At about 9pm after getting everyone to bed somebody was trying to get into our room. My youngest was scared but I took care of it right away.

The Hotel was beautiful. The pool was huge and the gym equipment was awesome. The rooms are set up nicely.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Very bad experience
    • Traditional King Room

Housekeeping trried to enter the room two times when it was inappropriate. I will never stay at a Sheraton hotel again. I went to great leaf this to be clear in advance that we we were arriving for an early check in two days in advance. Housekeeping should have had enough prior notice that the room was already clean and was going to be occupied that morning. This inexcusable and resulted in our leaving the hotel approximately 3 hours after we arrived. This made for a terrible experience. I did speak with the hotel staff about this when checking out.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

There were hairs on the bathroom floor. The property is showing its age. Too many sleepover parties for kids on the weekend. The free breakfast in the executive lounge was awful. Everything was empty, including the coffee, when we arrived about an hour before it was supposed to end.

The executive level room was huge. The bed was really comfy.

The woman at the front desk was nice
    • Superior King Room

First the outside maintenance was horrible for the parking The reservations were all messed up I did not get what I asked for The hotel was dirty I room was dirty The restaurant was way too expensive and the food did not taste good at all we complained about the pool it was way too cold and we couldn't even go swimming he told us there are other people that complained as well they did nothing about it we could not use it it would not come back to this hotel I would not recommend it to anybody if there was a way to get my money back I would

The woman at the front desk was nice

Nice room....HORRIBLE pool.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The swimming pool was the main reason we booked this particular hotel. The websites photos made it look great. Unfortunately, the pool was a mess. There was standing, stagnant, foul smelling water all around the pools deck. It was terribly unsanitary and dangerous. And another problem was the room not being ready when we arrived. We had to wait in the hall for the first 20/30 minutes upon our arrival whilst the staff made up the room. Which was not fun with three children ranging from 8yo down to 1.5yo.

The beds were very comfy. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Greedy and nasty staff
    • Traditional King Room

Didn't like the fact heat didn't work matience pushed their way into the room when they were asked to wait a minute because my daughter wasn't dressed hotel challenged my card more than the booking cost and I was charged twice then was given an attitude by the woman at the front desk when I asked about it

Liked the property

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Comfy and clean

It took a long time for the bellhop to come get my bags. I needed to get to my destination for my wedding and it slowed me and my bridesmaids down by about half an hour.

It was close to my destination.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Not 100% sure I will be back to stay
    • Traditional King Room

The bartender working the weekend I stayed did not have the most pleasant attitude, the pillows were not that comfortable (They were just a little too fluffy) the night manager working on my last nights day was very rude

The location, the room was clean, the front desk reception staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Pictures can be Deceiving

Bathroom had a weird smell. Someone was smoking marijuana in the room across form ours and i had by baby in the room with me the smell was not pleasant. --Hotel room service food was bad and expensive.

I liked the bed! Free Parking! Nice Staff! Free Water and Breakfast! Free WiFi!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

False advertising
    • Traditional Double Room

The pool was in need of a good cleaning. And we chose this hotel based on a pool and a hot tub it advertised but when we got there we were informed the was no hot tub! I would have chosen a different hotel with a hot tub! We were extremely disappointed!

The pool was very warm

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Close to Natick Mall
    • Traditional Double Room

Pool room very hot, difficult being in there for a long period watching our kids swim. Grille waitstaff took a long time to warm up to us and show personality and friendliness.

Atmosphere

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Understanding management
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I stayed there as an emergency as I was passing through town. Went to the emergency room and was too sick to continue trip. Stayed overnite where I was taken back to the hospital by ambulance in the morning. The hotel worked with me on many levels until I had a friend come to help me out. I am still in the hospital.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Very nice and comfortable hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very nice hotel. Great location, food at the resturant was very good as well. Staff was extremely nice and helpful. Big gym and lap pool. Oddly it looks like a castle but I would still recommend :)

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Our room was clean and comfortable.
    • Traditional Double Room

We didn't care for the breakfast. Not a big selection.Bacon over cooked sausages were not tasty. Did not care for Starbucks coffee that was lukewarm! We also had plumbing problems in our bathroom.

Our room was clean and comfortable. Staff was professional and friendly. Great location for our needs.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

A comfortable, affordable stay outside of Boston with easy train access
    • Traditional Double Room

The parking was terrible. It's such a large hotel and the parking was FAR from the hotel entrance. On cold nights with lots of bags it was a hassle. Also had difficulty with a credit card scan when no other vendor in the Boston area did so that was stress inducing, especially when it's such a critical purchase. Having to switch cards is problematic at best. Lastly, the elevators at the hotel are VERY small and quite slow so you need to bring a bit of patience.

The location was very easy to manage, far enough out of Boston to avoid the traffic nightmares and easy off the Mass Pike. The hotel is large and clean and the beds were comfortable. Overall the room was quite nice. The hotel has a lovely fitness center as well and a very nice pool for those who might be traveling with families. I found it to be a very good value for the cost.

Room was great.
    • Superior King Room

Roving band of kids (hockey team) playing hockey outside the rooms. Loud, unruly. $32 for a buffet breakfast was expensive, even for a Boston suburb.

Room was great. Bed comfy. TV worked fine. clean bathroom Buffet breakfast was tasty

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Employees very nice the facility is very clean pool was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No breakfast included that the only bad thing

Employees very nice the facility is very clean pool was awesome also gym

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Location and staff
    • Traditional Double Room

The air conditioning is extremely loud. Woke me up multiple times during the night when it goes through the cycle.

Location and staff

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Wonderful stay! Would recommend!
    • Traditional King Room

Check in was a brreeze, staff were very welcoming, food was very good!

driving to hotel was fraught as not signed on highway -...
    • Club Room

driving to hotel was fraught as not signed on highway - staff member had to come and get me

Reflections.
    • Traditional King Room

The staff were nice, helpful and professional. The facility was well maintained and clean, the room was excellent and amenities were very good.

5.5
    Not worth the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

These were the worst pillows of any hotel I’ve ever been in. Bathroom was incredibly small. Walls were paper thin.

Easy access from highway

Decent, clean room.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The outdoor pool was a disgusting mess. Really awful. No bathroom fans. Food was pretty bad.

Decent, clean room.

Front staff very friendly.

No free breakfast!

Front staff very friendly.

The room was nice and clean.
    • Traditional King Room

The staff member who checked us out was condescending.

The room was nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Nice!
    • Traditional Double Room

The bathroom sink was cracked and a little gross.

The room was HUGE!

Friendly staff, clean rooms, great outdoor pool.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Indoor pool didn’t open until 7;00 pm which was slightly annoying but not a huge issue.

Friendly staff, clean rooms, great outdoor pool.

no ref and no microwave

no ref and no microwave

Everything was good

Clean

Clean

Amazing

No changing room

The pool was great for the kids

It was clean and comfortable.

The price was high. The staff was not too friendly!

It was clean and comfortable.

Cleanliness of room and bathroom not up to standards.
    • Traditional Double Room

Cleanliness of room and bathroom not up to standards. Stains on sheet. Toilet bowl dirty

The Property Was Perfect!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The Property Was Perfect!! Clean, beautiful and a staff of professional courteous individuals.

Better than average hotel near our destination (Hopkinton State Park).

Beds way to hard.

Better than expected restaurant and pool.

Perfect for my needs
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Should have had a microwave in the room

Everything it was just right for me

I had a wonderful time.
    • Traditional Double Room

Bedroom, Appetizers, breakfast, pool all of it.

Just amazing everything.