Reviews of Motel 6 Indianapolis - Airport 2 stars

5845 Rockville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46224, USA

#99 of 129 hotels in Indianapolis

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Well I was on the third floor there was a hole in one of my bedspreads and burn hole there was a burn in the pillowcase there was no screen in the window nor was there a lock I wanted to open the window to air it out because it smells like smoke the elevator scared me was like it was broken or not working right

It's surrounded by other businesses other hotels Sam's Club there's nothing to see the property itself is pretty lacking

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

not as clean as would've liked for the money, the free Wifi was very spotty at best

staff extremely friendly and helpful, great location for our purpose of attending the Indy 500

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our AC was broke and the hotel wouldn't refund us for the night, instead they gave us a fan for the time being until another room was available the next day. Ended up giving us a little refund to help, but it was miserably hot that night after driving 9 hours to stay in a hotel with no AC. Although I understand things happen and they were booked, they did try to accommodate us the best they could.

Definitely get what you pay for. Staff was friendly, clean rooms. They were accommodating with our AC being broke, moving us into another room the following night, and a little refund (not an entire refund, but anything is better than nothing).

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Rooms were not clean at all. The floor in the room was sticky and the bathroom has had its best years. One bed and the curtain were spotty. The staff was not really freindly

Second day came back after cleaning and there was spit out gum in the middle of the floor. Looks like they replaced carpeting with wood laminate floor but didn't lower the door sweep on the entry door and the door to the connecting room had no sweeps. Bright light from under both doors and any conversation from the other side sounds like they are in my room. Since I only had two towels I could only stuff under one door to save one for my shower. The TV was a Panasonic and the remote was an RCA. I couldn't use my Roku because the remote didn't have the button the TV would recognize for switching to the HDMI connection. Every other time I came to the room my card wouldn't work to enter, so I'd have to go downstairs and have it coded again to enter my room. After the first time I made absolutely sure it was nowhere near anything that might affect it, but that didn't help. Either it is too old or too cheap. I have weekly stays in Indy for the next 6 months to 2 years for a special job, this is the 3rd week and 3rd hotel I'm not going back to. The free WiFi wasn't ad free, and my virus software pinged from something the login tried to do. I switched to my own Xfinity WiFi that was coming from one building away.

The bed was comfortable though too few pillows, and the microwave must have had super high wattage because food definitely got hot very fast.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room didn’t even have a remote for the television and when we asked for one it took them quite a while to find one for me, then they had to come to my room and program it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I stayed at the same hotel the day before and booking the room directly from the front desk was cheaper than going through booking .com I was also promised a $25 refund after confirmation of the booking and after doing so have started receiving a hard time requesting the rebate due to the refund can only be refunded to MasterCard or visa and I booked using American express.Therefore I updated my credit card information to a visa debit card followed all the online procedures including choosing the visa as the card I desire to get the refund credited to and the procedure was a failure.contacted customer service and still so results and no refund!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not everyone packs appliances aka a hair dryer. Need one in the rooms! Also may want to check your light switch covers. Their busted up.

Everything was nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was uncomfortable. The heat/AC unit barely blew hot or cold air. The shower curtain wasn't even secure. probably will stay at one of the other properties near by next time. You asked for shampoo an they had to leave an go borrow from another hotel.

The location was good to our concert venue.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The man at front desk should not be working in service indusrty very unfriendly the room was very small beds small and uncomfotable bedding very old and worn burn holes in bedding. Walkin shower old floor worn the bottom was rotted out and there was nothing connecting the bottom of shower door to the floor. Very outdated some of the drapes were falling when you pulled up you could see them hanging off from outside. Felt unsafe staying there. People in room next store very loud for several hours openinig and slamming door several times allnight.staff at desk had to be able to hear them.

The rate was resonable. If i was able to get refund i would havw stayed next door at Holiday inn express

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It reeked of marijuana. The public areas (stairs, elevator) were run down and in need of maintenance. No shampoo in the bathroom? Who doesn't do THAT these days. Desk person was not friendly.

The bed was comfortable. The A/C worked.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location, comfortable bed, and attentive friendly staff. Shopping near by, and a restaurant-bar that serves late just a very short stroll away. Look forward to staying here on a return visit.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the small bathroom, or the fact that there were no irons or ironing boards in the rooms. Even though they had irons at the front desk but no ironing board. This is a comfort that all hotels have. Not sure why this one didn't and the front staff couldn't tell me why. Also this location didn't serve breakfast which was disappointing. Even muffins would have been nice.

The only thing I liked was the price through Booking.com

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The wifi was a bit spotty and the coffee smelled really bad so we didn't touch it. I also could have sworn that they had a continental breakfast but they do not, not a big deal but it's a little lame.

It was all very clean, the staff was very friendly, and the bed was firm but comfy.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no trash can in our room. We assume the housekeeper simply went to empty it and forgot to return it. We didn't complain as we survived without it just fine.

Reading online reviews sometimes makes choosing a hotel/ motel difficult. So, this time I went with my own personal feelings based on any online information I could find and pictures. I'm happy I did. This hotel is right off the interstate, is in a nice location surrounded by other hotels and stores. The parking lot was wide open and felt very safe. The Motel is fine. It is a lower budget facility. It is no frills. That is fine. Our room was nice and clean. Bathroom was fully stocked with fresh towels and clean. The wireless internet worked very well.The staff was friendly, too. 00801752

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Clerk at check in was efficient but cold as ice and mumbled. I'm pretty laid back but this was an uncomfortable interaction. Carpets in common areas looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years. Walls pretty thin. Walking down halls, you can hear every TV.

Location was convenient. Rooms clean, recently updated. You use Motel 6 for convenience and price, not luxury. I spent maybe two waking hours in room all weekend so on that account it was fine.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room had mildew and water stains on the walls in the bathroom. No hot water for a shower. Dust kept falling from the light fixtures above the beds and from the fan in the bathroom. The fire sprinkler was bent sideways so I'm pretty sure it's non-operational in case of an emergency ! although the pictures on the websites like to show you a remodeled room don't let those for you this is a rundown safety hazard motel.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was not very friendly. carpeting was stained. you could hear every noise the couple made in the room next door in addition to every noise occurring in the hallway.

I didn't enjoy any aspect of my stay

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Everything was fine but front desk lady does not have any customer service experience. Very grumpy, seems she hates the job and honestly people wont come back to see that attitude. Hopefully when i come back i wont experience her ugly attitude.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This is the 3rd straight hotel that the key cards for the room needed to be reprogrammed. I hate making that additions round trip to the front desk. I wish all hotels would figure out their key systems. Parking was a little difficult with so many patrons and several hotels using the same lot.

Located very close to the Indianapolis Speedway, 10 minutes from center city and close to both restaurants and shopping.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

There was some serious weed smoking on our floor. My husband is in the military and we have a baby and CANNOT be around that. They had no where for us to move to. The front desk staff also said " I can't go around knocking on everyone's door to see who it is". So nothing was done about it. Our clothes and bags reek. Honestly we should have called the cops. We don't care what people do in their homes, but this is in public and it could effect someone who is serving our country. That's not ok. The shower was nasty. I wore flip flops in it. Staff all 3 days were real rays of sunshine.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

The giant pile of broken and unused furniture in the "breakfast area" was an eyesore. The 9 tiny pillows were too soft and worthless. For a non-smoking building, there were some people on the second floor smoking pot and partying all night. The drain cover in the bathroom floor was loose - just laying on top of the hole. NO WATER PRESSURE!!?! The curtain was torn loose from the rod, so it never fully closed - on the first floor! The front doors are all manual and very heavy. SUGGESTION - Next upgrade: automatic doors. There was no pool, but I could smell the chlorine of the pool at the Holiday Inn next door. It made me sad. The hallway floor is a different eight from the entryway wood paneling - made it rough getting over the bump in the height difference with the luggage cart.

The value was reasonable. The convenience of being next to the expressway. The bed was comfortable, but a bit firm. They allowed me to bring my cat - AT NO EXTRA COST! The staff were courteous, and respected when I asked for no Maid Service - didn't want my cat running out into the hallway!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

See above.

Walking into hotel could see clutter and then walking up to to room a wall was missing and plastic was put over it...the hall reeked of cigarette smoke..The room was ok but dirty ,I ran to store to get cleaner as the bathroom was dirty and floor felt tacky. The bed was comfortable but one pillow was dirty and the comforter on the bed was dirty. It was the first time I've stayed at a motel 6 and possibly the last .

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Front desk staff need to be friendlier an speak clearer. No breakfast available. Blanket was soiled. Storage in front lobby messy.

Price and courteous cleaning staff.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Old bed linens and no shampoo offered. The bedspread had holes in it.

Close to airport and easy to get to. There was a light that got you out onto the main road in the morning rush hour. They are working on updating.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I cant think of a thing,really!!!!

Staff friendly,price very good value, everything nice and clean, and my dog who arrived from the United Kingdom was welcomed as well!!! We spent a relaxed and pleasant evening and were well prepared for our return journey to Kentucky!

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sadly, our room was filled with the smell of cigarette smoke from a room either above us or next to us due to the vent in the toilet/shower area. Not pleasant. Keep the washroom door closed at all times if you experience this issue.

Fridge and microwave in the room was very handy. Comfortable bed. Fairly quiet despite the fact that it was likely full that weekend. Good TV Channel selection.

Stayed in May 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Next to hotel resaurant Kazablanca is great! Perfect location durin Indy500 weekend!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not much. Ok place to stay.

Rate was great for the location.

no food on site.

Not enough parking air conditioning didn't work

Close to location I was going

the shower was cold and there was a cockroach in the bathroom.

The pillows are amazing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

could not get any coffee

They don’t take 19 year old soldiers

Don’t know

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The people randomly knocking on my door

They were really respectful to me

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

structure and some parts of room not in great shape; broken light switch, tile, etc. Door had huge gap in it, not very private.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No complementary shampoo or conditioner and no kind of breakfast.

People were nice and room was very clean

Every thing else

Staff

My room wasn’t clean all the way

Pet friendly

Front desk lady wasn't to welcoming.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shower was not very clean. You could see grease marks on nightstand.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No little shampoo or soap

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pillows could be better

Good for a budget hotel

Small beds, no shampoo

Horrible shower pressure

Bar and grill that’s close is a lot of fun

Decor,facilities, bathroom c

Location was near to speedway , microwave

Smoke smell in the room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shower didn’t work properly. Too much noise coming from neighboring and above rooms showing poor insulating.

Location to Indy Motor Speedway

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No coffee pots in the room. Only had coffee for couple hours in lobby. No breakfast offered

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Having a smoke alarm in 208.

Beds and bedding. Clean bath.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

stall took care of what I did not like quickly

loved the shower stall

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Loud, drug deals going on. Lots of shady characters in the building. Screaming and fighting in the middle of the night. Won't be back.

No coffee in room.

Easy to find ,ample parking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Located conveniently by the highway so that's definitely a plus after a long car ride.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No tub found bugs in my room Internet was slow and wasn't working when I got there and room smelled like x smokers room

Was cheap price

every thing was ok

great location

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

It was close to the places that we needed to go to. It was a quiet area with different places to eat.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

there was bugs int he bathroom the shower stall floor was not clean

did not work

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room 2 close 2 ice machine.

Location as we were there 4 INDY race.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Dirty sheets, Cigarette and Marijuana smoke could be smelt through out hotel.

cheap rooms.

No complaints

Comfort Inn locations

I have no complaints about it.

Great value for the price. Easy to find and very close to downtown Indianapolis.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The only thing I didnt like was tjrte is no blinds so sun wont come in so early in the room.Like it a little dark ..

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Bathroom was dirty. Walls in the bathroom were filthy (hair on the walls what looked like blood or feces on the walls).

Nice room comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Large gap under door to adjoining room meant that EVERYTHING could be heard. Until 11:30 when everyone finally went to bed. Horrible

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nasty, dirty, water damage, no hot water, bathroom fan broken when turn shower light on

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I felt very uncomfortable with my surroundings and the people that hung out in the lobby with the staff.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

No couch,

Comfy bed, clean RR

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Close to hospital which we were going to visit.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Nothing was wrong with my stay.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Good service

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Did not clean room

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Close to Slamology. Quiet. Rooms were in great shape.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

Shower broken, ice machine broken, Rooms are very basic with no safe or mini bar and over all pretty disappointing even at this price.

Not alot to like really, location is ok, easy to get to from the airport. Most staff were friendly

There are also 31 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Motel 6 Indianapolis - Airport traveller photo gallery