Reviews of Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sunnyvale 2 stars

504 Ross Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA

#27 of 31 hotels in Sunnyvale

I asked for base floor room beforehand, but the front person was about to assign the 2nd floor room. There was a day when the room is not cleaned and I have to state loudly.

See my comments above.

I was unable to access the internet--poor tech support. The TV was very inadequate--no program menu available. There was only inadequate TV viewing--no Fox News, etc. An indoor antenna would have been more helpful.

!! The receptionist on May 10, 12:30 PM. After not being able to comply with my repeated request to provide me with a toilet, (the lobby bathroom was out of order), her behaviour (not her words) became aggressive. With a raised voice, she advised that I drive to a gas station, and use their toilet. Other employees, such as the receptionist later that day, were courteous and helpful.

No carpets. Shiny wooden floor Shower

Direct view on noisy 11 lanes road with single glazing (some rooms might be a bit better in that regard). No reasonable food option within walking distance on Sunday night.

Within walking distance of where I needed to go. Large room.

water of lavatory is always leaking and the weird thing is the water of lavatory is hot water. It waste energy whole days even whole weeks that I lived and no one fix it.

Motel is not new. Heating only with AC which is loud and makes dry air. Its so loud you cannot sleep while heating is turned on. Check address for the receipt before check out. After that they can't change it.

Clean. Comfortable beds.

Breakfast was nice, and the property is certainly conducive to spring and summer weather. It rained my first two days there. Had to walk outside To Cabana for breakfast

Very nice room! Beautiful hardwood floors and the bathroom/vanity area quite spacious and welcoming!

cleaning was worse. after cleaning towels and garbage stayed on a floor in a bathroom. my food was put into trash. and additional (not my) garbage was put into trash also.

as above

Last two times I stayed here I couldn't get hot water for a shower at 6am. Co-workers experienced same issue in other rooms. Often some noisy guests milling around at night too without security appearing to quite them down. Shame, because rooms, beds, location etc are fine for the money.

I did like nothing. The manager is the worst hospitality manager. There is little or no privacy. I will never go back.

The front desk staff was very friendly

There could have been a breakfast meat.

The room and bed were very nice and clean. From the outside the place doesn't look the greatest, but the rooms were much nicer than anticipated.

I've stayed in a lot of hotels over the past few months and the beds in this hotel were very comfortable. Also the room was spacious for 3 people and the bathroom was large. Everything was very clean.

Room service was terrible, hanged the notice "do not disturb" but she still knocked the door twice and even broke in once. Do not want to call up the embarrassing memory ... Also, the bath was not clean after a close look.

the people at reception are friendly, they help you to call uber if you do not have an uber account and you can pay cash to them, which is much cheaper than taxi or cab. Though not mentioned when booking, they do provide breakfast for guests.

We were charged more than our reservation said and NO receipt given to show charges! The man at the counter was very rude! I would never stay here again, I will tell everyone I know to avoid the Days Inn and Suties! This location is not a good fit for what we expect from Booking.com! I am going to ask again for a receipt and will be very angry if they don't comply!

The receptionist. I had all the information on my cell and provided them to the reception He swore he couldn’t find my reservation information on his computer. We had to wait until he could talk to booking.com which of course was impossible to talk to. Finally he found it on his computer. Just incompetent

Room was fine

The room was not as advertised the bathroom was poorly remodeled,the grounds were dirty, trash laying around the pool and pool area disgusting and quite a few electrical violations in the pool area and most of all my camera lens went missing from my room!

Chunks missing from pool floor, shower water runs hot then freezing then back and forth and sink clogged everytime you'd use it

Comfy bed, free breakfast was great

The breakfast was lacking. A lot. Mini muffins and cereal and old fruit are not a very appetizing spread. Also, the sauna was out of order (seemingly permanently, as it's used as food storage).

The pool was nice and clean. Staff was friendly but they seem understaffed- requested more pillows and we were told they couldn't bring any because there's nobody else to watch the front. Room was very clean and it was quiet.

Has clothes washing and drying facilities but the washer did not drain properly and onsite rep said from behind the desk you must have put too much in (which was not the case). Left with wet clothes.

Close parking and price which included a reasonable breakfast.

We have problem connecting to WIFI after the first day, seemingly the password of WIFI was changed without informing us

big, clean room and free parking

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

the toilet was broken and would not flush properly, during breakfast there was 50 percent of the food was not available, no eggs, no bacon or sausage, yogurt, no individual servings of milk,and there was no explanation as to why these items were missing from breakfast, staff did not speak or understand enough English to the point that an other guess was translating questions,

it was clean

The tv did not work when we got there. The curtains were broken. The shower got hot and cold and we had to adjust it every 30 seconds. The bed was not made after the first night. The AC was old and loud.

The shower in our room was quite touchy and it was hard to maintain a comfortable water temperature each time we used it. The reception on the TV was not high quality, but the choice of channels was above average.

Friendly staff at check in. Better than average breakfast. Very quiet room. Everything was clean. The pool looked very inviting, but we were working and didn't get a chance to take a dip. Freeway close access very convenient and yet not noisy at the hotel.

I didn't get my reverved confirmation room at first place, for had been transferred to close by hotel two times. One hotel has no room available, the other hotel one night will cost $ 325.00 . My husband and I had been had been drive around for almost 2 hours finally we decided to go back to Days Inn. We stayed in the hotel lobby waited for the hotel staff to solved the problem. We finally got the room.

I will not recommend this property.

Honestly the only downside was that we had an accessible shower in our room which meant that the bottom of the shower was completely flush with the floor of the bathroom. So, essentially, our bathroom was a small pond for the entirety of our stay. Only a minor inconvenience.

10 min drive to Shoreline Ampitheatre, about an hour from San Francisco. Very convenient parking, loved the pool, room was clean and comfortable and the staff was really friendly.

We could clearly hear the guests in the surrounding rooms. The breakfast area was cramped, rude people pushing around to get to the food. We ended up leave early to go out to eat.

Checking in was easy and the size of the room was good.

was up set with unwelcome guest walking the parking lot a night and still have not credit my card back,also very bad water pressure did tell the front desk about it also the fire alarm keep going off 1' time at 3:00 am and the 2 time was the next day at 6am so much for sleeping in . House keeping was good can tell it a work in processes fix the place up would stay a again if thet correct the above

Room were clean

Well first I called I wanted to cancel they told me I couldn't then i shiw up on the day i booked for they daid it was cancelled so i had to re book and charge twice cause they cwncel so wapiting for my refund this week

breakfast pool

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

The AC was a little difficult to set up. It turned off maybe it was I who doesn't know how to use it idk?

I recommend the suites they are spacious and clean. Breakfast is good and staff is friendly. The beds are confortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

I didn't like the breakfast. Ended up going to IHOP. When I first arrived in my room there was a puddle of water on the floor around the fridge. It had been turned to the warmest setting and ice melted and leaked all over the floor.

It was quiet. The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Spring break crowd but they were kids... and the breakfast is not good... eggs not real, cheese not real... but generally good value.

Quiet until spring break, Comfortable sleep.

I didn't like the fact that the rooms had ROACHES!!!!! Also, the breakfast room attendants were SO disrespectful and were actually clearing the food 45 minutes before the close time!! The management never called me back about the ROACHES like they said they would and I never even was given a "sorry for that" NOTHING to make it better! SAD, sad place. Worst of all, I had to pay for 2 nights of this DUMP!!!! No I am going to Yelp.com this Undesirable place so NO ONE ELSE EVER pays for a night at this HELL like I had to!

The assistant GM had the best work ethic and was the most professional. Even more than the actual manager was!

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath- Non-SMoking

Bed was hard, the jacuzzi wouldn't operate right. Called the desk for a plug, didn't have one. Took money off my card for smoking, which both of us are non smokers. Shady and sneaky.

The room had a fireplace .

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Shower tap was not working - there was no water in the shower. I was there for 2 days and asked housekeeping to fix it on day1 - they reported to management. There was no action after that for both days. Walls are too thin and neighbors were noisy. You can hear everything!! This place looks like where all the shady deals happen in the movies. Avoid at all costs!

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Never the correct number of bathroom linens, coffee or cups. Keys had to be re-programmed several days. Number of signs of wear and tear...e.g. Shower rod sagged so low the curtain touched the bottom of the tub. It was also stained.

Location and price

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

I have no idea why the clerk who handled my check out felt he had to tell me who he voted for for President, when I did not ask, and that he did so because he did not think a woman should be President. Although he was friendly, I found his words completely inappropriate and insulting.

The room was clean and the noise from the neighboring freeway was not very loud. The location was convenient to my ultimate destination.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Tiny 'frig froze every item placed in it. Heat lamp control hanging off the wall. NOISE from ALL surrounding rooms,from 2 AM thru 9 PM. Inadequate person on front desk, especially as he was usually working alone.

Beds were excellent, from comfy mattress to first class linens.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Superior Queen Suite- Non-Smoking

Definitely an older place, and hitting the price point that's clearly lower than the nicer hotels in the area. If it was not in this part of the world, it'd be $70/night and good value.

Pretty comfy setup, big room, good bed. TV and wifi, all good. Breakfast was good to start the day with some fruit and eggs. Great access to highway if you're driving.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

The reservation was wrong and the person at front desk had no clue how to resolve a fairly simple problem. One room was a king but assigned to the two individuals rather than the married couple. Took forever(30 minutes) to make the swap and also sent us to a different room entirely than the ones we were booked in intially. Then one room had a plumbing issue so the Cruikshanks had to change rooms again. Feel like we should be compensated for the poor service in some manner.

Was clean and well equipped for price point.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Multiple times staying there and in different rooms and the bathroom light didn't work in any of them. Heater very loud. Semi trucks just park in lot overnight. I didn't feel safe here.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

The breakfast area was too small and didn't like that it was in the pool area for safety issues.

The size of the room was huge and awesome for my 3 children and myself.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Relatively small breakfast selection, but normal or above average for (cheap) US establishments

It is ok, you get what you pay for. Price is ok for Sunnyvale, expensive compared to other locations. Would stay there again. Good if you have business in Silicon Valley, not suitable for San Francisco Tourists.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Na

The customer services was great, the room was clean and comfy. It is conveniently located, close to the stadium. I want to thank your staff for your attentiveness and making our stay a pleasant one.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

The place was not available until 3PM, even after I told them I would be arriving by 10AM. The older man that was working that day was very rude.

Location was right off the freeway.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

As Ive pointed out the washer and dryer have been in disrepair for a very long time. This is one washer and one dryer for the entire hotel.There are constant plumbing problems and the staff stare at you in stoney silence if you dare ask for anything. Its really strange!!

I believe some aspecs of the Hotel have remained intact from the previous owner but the property is currently very run down. This is primarily due to NO maintenance. The are NO facillities to wash your clothes. There are No soda machines or working ice machines. The price to rent a room has skyrocketed at the same time the property, once having been well maintained, has fallen into a state of decay and neglect. Very sad!!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Staff were rude & arrogant. We extended our stay for one night. When we returned to our room, we were locked out & when we got in our room had not been cleaned. Questioned staff about it & was told we should have known to have our key re-programmed. Told him we didn't know & staff should have told us. Staff responded well now you know. Unacceptable response!

Location--easy access to Highway 101

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Dirty, requested downstairs , they put me upstairs, Messed up my foot. Parking lot dirty stairway dirty, staff had personality of a toad. Never stay there again. Told them i had knee and foot issues. I should sue them! Bad beyond belief! Place was run down!

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Got locked out of room the 2nd day and person didn't even ask our name before issuing new key! Then when he gave it to us he called us by wrong name and said we were booked through week which we weren't. Breakfast choices were uninspiring and horrible news was playing on the TV - neither were appetizing. When asked for good place for dinner, were told to go to Denny's when there was a good restaurant just across the parking lot.

Location was good and price was reasonable. Staff was friendly but not very helpful. Breakfast had limited options and news was playing in background - suggest nature show or music or something neutral.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Laundry facilities were poor and only one of each machine. The noise from outside and if anyone is walking on the balcony it vibrates the whole room.

Perfect for the nights stay. Reasonable bed comfort and everything you need for the nights stay.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The ceiling had water damage, cracks. There were people outside our room late into the night, early morning. Doors slamming, loud talking.

The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Generally in a state of disrepair. The AC leaked. Insects in the bathroom. Desk attendants did not observe my request of a ground floor location, next to front office. Desk attendants had a hard time with English and could not tell me how to get to the location when I called by phone for directions.

Nothing other than the location

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Not hot water, the coffee maker didn't work, the telephone either and the service it wasn't good from the employee they need to be more friendly

The bed

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath- Non-SMoking

Price was crazy for a "motor lodge" although cheaper than most. Place is very old. Razor left on back of tub from previous guests.

Convenient to 101. Restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

There was broken glass that the staff was too lazy to sweep up from previous guest. No hot water. The room was in poor shape including lights on timers not working.

Nothing!!!

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Front desk could be nicer. Few drunk college girls running around the hotel and guys who were not hotel guests made few nights sleepless and unsafe.

Clean, spacious and comfortable rooms. Enough parking space for everyone. Good standard breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

Refrigerator did not work...it smelled bad too. Had to open windows to air out odor in room and purchased room deodorizer to help. Door handles very dirty. Also a small spider was found on the bed under pillow.

liked everything! i've gone back to stay here since then.

clean,comfortable bed,good breakfast......all amenities in the room!

Price and location

Price

Too small dining room for all guests at breakfast.

Good breakfast, nice staff.

Management rented out the cabana to a group that played loud music until 11pm. Very lethargic in dealing with the problem.

They releasing your deposit in 2-3 business days

Coffee machine, big bad

Bare wooden floors, lighting was awful, staff unhelpful and door keycards were unreliable. Nothing near no restuarants, bars or cafes!

The weather!

Simple and easy.

Hotel is in serious disrepair. Needs alot of work.

There was a strange almost moth-ball smell in our room that made us uncomfortable.

Facility is a bit rough. Rooms very basic.

Inexpensive. Quiet. Breakfast included. Comfortable bed. Good desk in Room.

I didn't get my jet bathtub.😪

Rooms

Easy check in. Breakfast area was nice and clean.

The morning staff

Questionable residents...

Big room

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Front desk was an apprentice and didn't have access to check us out. Had to rush out just after dropping the keys

Nice and clean

Good service

Breakfast area was difficult to locate

Bed was comfortable, sink area was spacious

noise from other rooms.