Reviews of Savannah Suites Arvada 2 stars

6455 Sheridan Boulevard, Arvada, CO 80003, USA

#2 of 3 hotels in Arvada

6.2

• Queen Suite

Everything! Literally you need to bring in serious management

I can not believe I paid almost 200$ to stay in that crap shoot. No security, no service the kid was on Snapchat while checking me in. Our keys didn’t work once. I had to go back 3 tones to get active keys just to get in the room. Then our key gets stuck in the door. We had to sit there waist our day while they try and figure out what is going on. Finally I said get us into a new room. Which did happen but again our keys didn’t work I had to repack and unpack again. And they manager started to blame me for the key issue. Very bad experience

See above

The room was clean and the girl at the desk was great but the location was not good and the other guests were loud and smoking pot in the halls and elevator while smoking tobacco right outside the front doorand I the lobby. Would never stay here again

• King Suite

It's a questionable neighborhood. The other guests hanging out at the doors smoking were more questionable than the neighborhood. We found one exit door propped open with a beer bottle during the night. Management has the front desk check-in staff member doing the hotel's laundry during their shift. We waited more than 10 minutes for them to return to the front desk to check us in.

It's a good value for a room with a small kitchenette.

• King Suite

Fire alarm about 9:00 PM on 5-8-18, Room flooded afternoon of 5/10/18 had to relocate to different room, Fire alarm went off again about 1 AM 5-11-18.

What Eggs?

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The staff was not very friendly or helpful when checking in. I was also double charged for my room and have been unable to reach anyone about correcting this situation. Will never stay here again.

Rooms were clean.

• Queen Suite

TV Channel options was marginal. Heater didn't work in first room. Timer to control stove was not explained. Had to get coffee filters from desk clerk.

It was just OK. Nothing special. Desk clerk was very responsive

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Bed was hard and lumpy. Traffic was loud. Doorway trim needed painting. Finish coming off kitchen cabinet. Carpet and furniture stained. Bath tub had hair and 5" hole patched. No kleenex. Pillows smelled and not clean. Sheets scratchy. It felt like a poorly kept home instead of a hotel. It was extremely expensive as well. Wished we stayed somewhere else.

It had a kitchen.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The front desk was not very polite and when I would go down to speak to someone 9 time out of 10 I would have to wait someone to come to the window or I would have to call the phone while standing at the window.

There was one housekeeper Jennifer and she was very nice. She would make sure that I had everything I needed. She was very polite and made great conversation.

• Queen Suite

Walls must be paper thin.....lot of noise next door & outside! Water pressure is too strong in shower...almost knocked me over! Little short on towels!

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Nothing. People sitting outside smoking couldn't get around them mainly just a cheap place for people to stay they might keep a few rooms I could never go back there

• Queen Suite

I was very disappointed there was no couch and there was no coffee most hotels offers breakfast for this price and the rooms need updating.

It was close enough to everything.

• King Suite

Nothing in the room description indicated there was NO facial tissue,NO tv guide, NO paper towels, NO hair dryer and NO indication it was neccessary to use a switch on an adjacent wall to get the stove to operate. Poor lighting and location for parking.

Cleanliness.

• King Suite

Poor condition of inside; our door wouldn't even shut all the way. We had to put a chair inside next to the door. Although the staff who were on duty (just from 8 am to 11 pm) were very friendly, the hotel was not at all what I expected for a "suite". Coffee pot there, but no coffee unless you brought some, no hair dryer and bathroom so small you could hardly put your toiletries by it without them falling on the floor. Very noisy at night. The desk chair provided was so bad we couldn't sit on it and it had many gouges in it. Basically, it was an extremely "plain" room, which I guess is why it was cheaper than many other places. Also, smoke smell inside and out was awful, with many people sitting on all entrances with cigarettes (and lots of liquor). Next time we will gladly pay more and driver farther to have a more comfortable and safer place to stay.

Location to car show we attended

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

there was a coffee pot but no coffee or filters....strange. also no kleenex. also no treats in the morning like coffee and rolls, etc. for $112 per nite I expected more.

the location as we have family in arvada

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The lady at the front desk was extremely rude and unfriendly. Not just on the first day there but she was there every day of our stay and her attitude never changed. No smile and would just stand there and look at you when you ask a question before answering as I've how dare you even ask me a question.. I truly hate bad customer service. We weren't made to feel welcome at all. Our room was clear at the end of the hallway and the WiFi did not reach that far.

• Queen Suite

There was a coffee maker, but no coffee? We went to a Starbucks in a grocery store across the street for our coffe that had armed security at the door. That made me think about the safety in the area.

It was a very convenient location for our trip out west.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The bathtub didn't drain very good.

It was an inexpensive stay for my group. It was close to the venue we were going to that weekend. The hotel has everything you need in a walking distance.

• King Suite

People smoking pot at the back entrance. My family has allergies to pot and are on oxygen. That makes it not a very family friendly environment.The lady at the desk wasn't very quick to take care of the situation. However the gal we checked in with on Friday evening did.

Rooms were clean

• Queen Suite

It would've been nice to have an ice machine on the property.

The kitchen with the full-size refrigerator was nice. The laundry room was reasonably priced and nice.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

My feedback is to Booking.com! I made my reservation through your website. This hotel was to be a stop in order to sleep before continuing on for more travel. After driving 11 hours we were contacted by the Savannah Suites to say they had no room available and had no idea why Booking.com allowed us to make the reservation. We were in a panic as we were exhausted and had no other options because of a festival in Denver and everything was booked. The only thing that saved us was a cancellation that came into the Savannah Suites and their consideration to call us back and let us know. I doubt I'll be using booking.com anymore. In regard to the facility it was more of a place for people that perhaps were between housing opportunities than for travelers.

I appreciated the staff's consideration of working to correct a situation caused by booking.com as iterated below.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Had to pay for the room upfront at check in for the whole week not at the end during check out, I was not made aware of this till I checked in. The walls of the room were thin, we could hear people next door, house keeping came 2 times during the week we stayed. We had to throw out our trash and go down to office to get more towels .

• Queen Suite

Unbelievably SLOW check in. It took over an hour. Arrived at 1:00 and told to come back at 3:00 for check in, which we did. We were 3rd in line. At 4:20 we finally were able to get our room key. NOISY. The walls must be made of paper. They need a night manager to control some of the noise. I will not be staying here again nor would I ever recommend this place.

Some of the staff were very pleasant and friendly. One other, a front desk employee, acted like she hated her job. Rooms were clean.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The beds were nothing but springs. Found beer & a pillbox full of drugs under bed. Spoke to management about found drugs & she really didn't care. Felt like I was interrupting her time talking to the people who stay there weekly. Asked for extra towels & pillows & was told no. Toilet was constantly running. House keeping only made beds. Didn't empty trash or vacuum. Asked for new room & was told they only had smoking rooms left. I'm allergic to smoke. Asked for a refund & was told no cash back cause it's already in the bank & could request a $40 refund but it would take about 6 weeks. Still don't think that's enough for all the trouble we went through.

• Queen Suite

Sketchy neighborhood, prostitutes on first floor (I was hit on by another woman and told a rate.), front desk closes early for the night, domestic abuse (yelling couples etc) in room next to mine.

• Queen Suite

One very small trash bin in bathroom .. no others One mirror in bathroom.. no others No hook in bathroom to hang clothes Room was not cleaned one day.. had to bring towels to the front desk to exchange No hairdryer had to leave a $20 deposit to use one from front desk Noisy Long wait to check in due to printer issues No ice machine

• Queen Suite

I'm not sure how I would describe this place but it's not for me. I saw a family with three small children and maybe it works for that. We were not intending to cook so I disliked having a not too clean kitchenette in the bedroom.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

No ice machine. The motel was ok if you were there for an extended stay but if over night I didn't need the stove top and needed some throw away cups

• King Suite

there were not any hangers in the closet, parking not great. booking did not give the 20.00 off that was supposed to be applied. they gave me the runaround on the phone and said the hotel would do that which they couldn't since I booked through booking.com and said they should have applied it.. so don't believe those little discount lies.

the ladies at the front desk were very nice.

• Queen Suite

Extremely dirty, didn't receive the room we booked. Very noisy, the smell was not desirable. Will never stay at Savannah Suites again. We should be discounted more price wise for this stay. VERY DISATISFIED CUSTOMER. MY RATING WOULD BE 0

It was nasty got to the hotel they had the laundry lady check us in no manager on duty got to the room the pillows were yellow towels were disgusting. Bugs were crawling from behind head board. When asked to get a refund laundry associate told us they had bed bugs and would not stay there either. Next morning asked for refund showed reciept to general manager explaining we left to another room, general manager named Libby called cops on us because she was refusing to return money. They had homeless people outside of hotel and also staying in hotel rooms for free. Will never stay in a savannah suite hotel ever again!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Queen Suite

The noise of people having sex that we could not sleep. The floor was squeaky and wee we could hear the pounding in the bed. I was shocked. Also the flushing of other unit toilet can be heard. It should be a sound proof walling and flooring. That was a big thing for us, especially that we came from Hawaii. That was a long flight. Then we were there the first day those things happening. I don't have a business to know what your other costumers are doing in their bed. It was a yikes!

I like the the mini kitchen and the stove and the utensils. We were able to make our own meal/food. We did not go crazy in waking up early to find food nearby. I also like your location that it was close to a supermarket. And the laundry of course!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

This was the worst place I've ever seen, like what the need would report on. Our room was not clean. We pulled back the sheets ready to get into bed and there was pee all over the sheets. My husband called the manager continuously and no answer. No one was at the front desk also. They refunded us the money the next morning after having to sleep in that room anyway. They didn't even apologize.

The room has a kitchen.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Queen Suite

Cleaning crew stole an expensive charging cable. Gym equipment is broken/inoperable. Rear entrance was littered with dirt, debris and cigarette butts--like hundreds! For the price, there are way better options; do yourself a favor and book elsewhere if possible.

• Queen Suite

No toiletries were provided, had to go get shampoo, conditioner, lotion, make up remover, and tissues. I'm surprised they gave us toilet paper! The bed was stiff as a brick, it was suppose to be a queen size but it was a full size bed. this was in a super sketchy neighborhood. no amenities at all! I will never stay there again!! They did not honor the price that was given via booking.com. I had to pay more.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• King Suite

I did not like how I pre paid thin arrive and my room wasn't ready for me, I didn't like how I Hurd drunk loud unruley people in the parking lot and up and down the hallway making it difficult to relax or even sleep.I was very unsatisfied and will never do business with you again. Or my family or friends...

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• King Suite

I did not appreciate getting locked out of my room, because the hotel had a mix up. The staff that was on was very rude accusing me of squatting until I showed my reservation and receipt that said I paid in full. After getting all of this taken care of we went to my room and noticed things were missing. When I confronted the manager I was told I would have to speak to them the next day due to them being not on schedule.

I liked that the rooms with kitchens come with pots and pans dishes and cutlery

• Queen Suite

The bed and pillows were extremely hard. We spent most the time trying to get comfortable and trying to sleep. Also the walls were very extremely thin because we could hear everything going on around us. The person who stood in the room to the right side of us was snoring extremely loud all night long and the ppl above us had kids that were jumping around and running around all night.

The room was very nice

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Staff was very professional and nice to us, the room was clean. There was plenty of parking in the front and back of the bldg. This hotel was accessible to a lot of different stores, restaurants, fast food, etc.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• King Suite

There was no hair dryer. I thought I would call the front desk and ask for one, but the phone didn't work - dead! I went down to the desk to learn that I had to leave a $10 deposit - fair enough, but I had to go back up to get $ and then down again to desk. No assistance was offered.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Dont do it

Staffs attitude was poor. Didn't feel welcomed. Was alot of noise for a place was overbearing and super controlling. Smallest suite ever

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Queen Suite

2nd day, my room and first floor flooded. Staff not friendly, or concerned about my inconvenience. Kept telling me they had to take care of other matters and couldn't help me at the moment. I had to urge them to find another room for me. When they finally agreed, the only other handicap room did not have a walk in shower. Told them I was checking out. Said they would refund remaining days but not the day the flooding started. They eventually agreed after much urging. Although this is a self-device hotel, quality customer service should still be a priority. Sorry to say, their own concerns come first. Will never use this hotel again and have told others to stay away. After 3 days still couldn't find reason for the flooding.

Location. First floor handicap room.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Queen Suite

Not a very good surrounding area...noisy from a nearby club/bar. No breakfast facility at all...in fact not even a Lobby...just the front door and a window for registration/check-in. No one on duty all night/early morning! Just a note...."Leave key in room."

It was clean enough.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Queen Suite

I booked for 7 days but they did not tell me, until i asked, that my room would only be served only once (on the day before i checked out!!!) and my towels changed twice. I solved the towel problem by helping myself to a couple from the Gym, but if I had not been on my own it would still have been a problem as the towels did not dry quickly. On the day of my "full service clean" I checked with the two supervisors that it would happen and they promised it would. However there was only one cleaner so it never happened. That's right I had NO service at all in 7 days. The trash was the biggest problem. I think they expected "guests" to take their own to the "trash room" but did not supply appropriate plastic bags for us to do that and anyway I expect the hotel to collect my rubbish each day. I cooked in my room every night so you can imagine the number of Walmart bags full of rubbish I left for them. The second biggest problem was the pillows. One was so soft it was useless and the other was only half stuffed. There were also no hand towels and I had to make do with two small cakes of soap for a week.There was not much left of them! The staircase arrangement is a bit weird. There is one at each end (plus a flight of steps out of the building) and an elevator in the middle. There is also inadequate parking out front for checking in and out, particularly if you have lots of luggage or groceries. Note that in spite of the many bad reviews this hotel receives for its nonexistent service it was pretty full most nights and getting a car park close to your room was difficult.

Location - supermarket, pharmacy, liquor store, bar, cinema, restaurants, gas station all within 5 minutes walk. Walmart 5 minutes drive. Bus to closest Light Rail Station runs past hotel. Good value - quite cheap considering you get a reasonable size room and full kitchen with a large fridge/freezer. Large laundry and very small gym on premises. Free WiFi (standard now with most budget hotels) with strong signal. I used Skype every day.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

You had to pick up your towels from 1st floor. The iron was not working, there is not hair dryer in the bathroom. The room flooded at 7am, the water was already outside of our room, and when we called for assistance, they asked as to come down for towels and they told us the assistance will be at 9am. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Queen Suite

RoI'm was dirty. Hotel had both drug activity and open prostitution going on as well as just dirty people hanging out. No soap,shampoo,consitioner,coffee and was instructed if I needed them to go to store. Only 1 pillow for bed and was told was all I could have. If this is the type of property you book I will never use again and will tell friends and associates not to either.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Queen Suite

Hair dryer. Had to turn on the heat vent and hang my head over it to dry my hair 😕. But I would stay again, and bring my own hair dryer along.

Pleasant, quiet facility with very helpful staff. Nice kitchen for additional uses. Bed very comfortable. Thanks!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Queen Suite

There were crumbs in the bed when we pulled the sheets back, and the room was supposed to be a non-smoking room even though the curtains and overall smell wreaked of smoke.

The staff at the front desk greeted us and were kind when checking out.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Queen Suite

Outside of not finding any actual bugs, this property was not good. Outdated comforters, extremely thin and scratchy sheets and towels. Non smoking room that constantly smelled of smoke because guests smoked right outside of the window. Not worth the cheap booking at $100 a night. So bad we stayed 2 of 5 nights elsewhere even after paying.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Queen Suite

Parking is tight here. Bed is hard. Pillows might need to be refreshed. The bars of soap are cheap cheap cheap. Only 2 bath towels and one washcloth in the bathroom.

I liked that they had a room available. July seems to be a hard time to find affordable hotel accommodations. The location was good for my needs.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• King Suite

The entire hotel had an awful smell of something used to try and mask cigarette smoke. Room stunk of cigarette smoke so we were moved to another room which was almost as bad. The mattresses, sheets, and carpet were old, tattered and stained. It was the only room available in the Denver metropolitan area so we stayed the night. All of our clothes had to be washed to try to get rid of the smoke stink.

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Queen Suite

Not enough parking. Walls to thin you could hear everything. Maid service in the morning never changed my sheets or brought me clean towels. To many people hanging out in the parking lot .

Front counter lady was helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Beds were uncomfortable. It was very noisy. There were a lot of parties going on and quite a few people who were obviously on some crazy drugs.

It's close to my family.the gentleman at front desk was very nice and was very eager to check us in. He was great wish I could remember his name because he deserves recognition.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The rooms smelled moldy. We were next to elevator so it squeaked all night. Shower head was too hard. Getting bit by bed bugs.

• Queen Suite

Noises in hallway. Loud people all hours of the nite. Tv blasting in another room

• Queen Suite

Booked online and the room was ready quick.

• King Suite

One of the shift manger.

Despite leaving my room around 10am my room was not cleaned when I returned

Staff at front desk were friendly and welcoming

• Queen Suite

No hair dryer. No hand towels.

Just interesting. Probably would not choose to stay there again.

Just kind of icky.

Close to where I needed to work.

• Queen Suite

Hair dryer in room Breakfast served and /or breakfast laid out to seve ourselves

Not so subtle Surveillance

• Queen Suite

Toilet was clogged called them and i had to go and get a plunger and do there maintenance

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Bathtub drain was less than acceptable. Fine except for the tub drain

Slow elevator

Very quiet

• Queen Suite

Could use brighter lighting in the room.

Staff were very friendly and accommodations comfortable and clean.

Rooms were very dated.

• King Suite

Hard to find the entrance, clerk was not informative or friendly.

Clean

• King Suite

Been there before... I'll be there again! Also, the desk staff are the best around.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The police presence almost all of the time.

The affordability.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Nothing.Everything was great.I will recommend

Everything.it was a pleasure. I will recommend

Not a great area

The bed was firm

• Queen Suite

It was a little noisy and there was a funny smell in the room...fixed it with a scented candle

Bathtub could be cleaner

The staff knows what customer service is all about

Beds were very basic

Price was fair

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

They were so expensive no breakfast no pool they suck