Reviews of Cottonwood Suites Westminster 2 stars

12095 Mariposa Street, Westminster, CO 80234, USA

#11 of 17 hotels in Westminster

• Queen Studio

Took 2 days to fix shower faucet temperature because "handyman not here on weekends". Ice machine out of order for 1+ days. Omelets looked and tasted like some artificial textured 'thing'.

The front desk staff was terrific.

• Queen Studio

Check in girl Adrian, talked way too fast! One trash can in the room is not enough. Two washclothes is not enough. The room needs a chair, and more lighting, only one lamp. Holding 75 dollars for possible incidentals is ludicrous. The lobby has a HORRIBLE order, I can only describe as farts!!! It was atrocious!! Also the hallways smelled, thank goodness the room didn't.

Room was clean, bed comfy. Was quiet. Location was great!!

• Studio with Two Double Beds

Thicker walls. Hallway Noise and conversation from the next room is heard.

Breakfast, full fridge and coffee plus cookies included in the rate. Laundry facilities.

• Studio with Two Queen Beds

Very pleased.

Arrison checked us in. He was very friendly, helpful and polite.I had a couple of minor issues ( key, blanket) and he went above and beyond to make things right. Great employee.

• Studio with Two Double Beds

Walls were paper thin, I heard everything from the next room, including a person sneezing and coughing all night. He's was extremely uncomfortable and felt like it was 10 years old. The bathroom countertop was falling apart as well as the tub and shower. This room should be been taken out of service and should not be offered until upgraded, certainly shouldn't be able to charge A 100.00 a night to stay in

Staff was top notch . Very friendly.

The noise from other rooms was a little louder than I expected but seemed to end promptly at 10pm.

An excellent value for the money. I arranged a family reunion so had over 30 room nights and this was certainly the most economical and turned out to be super clean with friendly staff. The rooms had a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, sink, cabinets, etc. Perfect for a family, couple, or just an individual. Would definitely stay here again,

• Queen Studio

My room service was very poor.

The front desk and staff friendly.

• Studio with Two Double Beds

The beds were hard and their wasn't a pool.

The staff was great! Very friendly and courteous. The area was nice clean and friendly.

• King Studio

Rubbery mattress cover that makes noise, crinkles, and made us sweat. We had to take it off to get a decent night's sleep.

• Studio with Two Double Beds

They’re elevator was broken when we arrived for check-in. They had only one entrance, all the other doors leading outside were exit only.

• Studio with Two Double Beds

Very clean and comfortable, breakfast was good, close drive to activities

• Queen Studio

Great room for the money.

• Studio with Two Double Beds

Was was centrally located near place I liked

• Queen Studio

There should be recycling bins

• Studio with Two Double Beds

Good option just off I25 on north end of Denver metro area & easy access going north.

• Queen Studio

Needs another trash can in room

Location is great

Bed was TOO HARD!

Staff was very nice, breakfast was great!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

breakfast selection was pretty poor. Cereal and waffles does not cut it for me. They said they were upgrading their license soon. So that may change.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

See above!! Continental breakfast consisted of a banana (sometimes) and bread and Coffee w grounds! We Never review but this was just so bad We felt you needed to know!

Staff inexperienced! Rooms were confining and in disrepair! Lobby had NO seating & felt Un-inviting Or Welcoming! The Coffee in the lobby had grounds in it every morning! Good location though but that's about it!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

When we got assign to a room we waliked in the room wasn't even clean the bed sheets wasn't made the TV was on like someone was still in there. We walked back out trying not to disturb anyone if there was someone in there. I walked back to the front desk told what happened she says sorry and had asked if I wanted a different room. Of course I wanted a different room so she gave us another room down the hall from it we walked in everything looked clean until we open the refrigerator there was old food and tiny carton of milks open in the fridge we just pushed it to the side and said forget we had a long day.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

Construction caused major headaches. Front door around back, no workout facility, hotel smelled of cigarettes, bed was itchy, AC unit went off and on. Paid too much for the inconvenience.

N/a

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

The first night the room next to me had a loud party all night. I didn't get much sleep. The second night they came in loud, but I got some sleep.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2016

The beds were stiff as a board. The hotel had an awful stench throughout the hallways and elevator. For all of that racket going on with the construction, why aren't you offering a little bit cheaper rooms?? The front desk staff was classless and clueless. Thanks for nothing, Cottonwood Suites

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

Would like a continental breakfast or more breakfast options.

Rooms were clean. Loved the kitchen area. Big bathroom. Comfortable beds. Awesome pillows. WiFi.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

The size of the room was a little too small for me, I felt that the beds were really close to each other and the walls for it being a room for 4 people

I liked the fact that the room had a full sized fridge and a microwave

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

No breakfast, no pool. I asked the staff if my room was non smoking, they said the entire hotel was. Which is perfect I can't stand the smell. Then I get into my room and find it reeks like cigarettes and there is a half smoked cigarette on the shelf by microwave. I immediately tell the staff, I worried about them thinking it was me and not refunding my $50 room deposit I had to pay.

The price I got it for. $77

• Reviewed: 30 December 2015

I had NO bad experience! Even tho the front lobby was still under renovation there was no noise or disruption to our access.

The friendly staff, from the people who keep the common areas clean to the general manager. They are all there for you to have a pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

We had a very late check-in but the front desk was still very hospitable. Room and hallways were very clean. Booking.com had the best available rates.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2015

There was a noisy child in the room above us and the dogs would bark at the noise. Otherwise there was no problem.

Convenience, comfortable. Everyone was very nice and our pets had a nice place to walk.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

Staff at night had terrible attitude. Hotel was a long way from my work and restaurants. The bed was hard; the TV was blurry.

Room was spacious; shower worked well.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Discrepancy with bill. Mgr. Defensive. Tried to call front desk from 1-3am no answer to extend my checkout time. For single traveler awful creepy feeling with no staff around. No lobby. Being renovated.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

Can't see it at night, poor lighting and signage from 120th was very poor.

Room was set up nicely, clean, very friendly and helpful staff. Parking for our moving vehicles was acceptable.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

The excercise equipment was very limited.

I loved especially that the big bed had 5 big huge pillows that seemed liked they were new. And it was so very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

A little noise, very limited grab and go breakfast--muffin , coffee or water and that was it. Not having a place to print out my boarding pass.

Clean room, comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

bad info during firealarm - noise from lift and ice machine - bad cleaning if any!

Location fine - nice lady at reception first day - the other days lack of help

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

The motel is under construction so there were some issues relating to that. No main entrance for checking in. Trash containers not located on the side entries which became the main entries. Room was adequate

The location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2015

Stayed at Extended Stay America across the road the night before. It was $6 less, and soooo much better! Walls at this place are paper thin, and everything is cheaply done. Not only do you hear people in the rooms next to you, you hear people talking in normal tones down the hall. Not in the hall, in their own rooms! Chairs are uncomfortable. Both my phone & laptop warned of major security threats when I tried to use the wifi. I have never had that at any other place I've stayed, so it must be something serious. Breakfast is small muffins and coffee. No wonder this place had plenty of available rooms when the place across the street was full.

Bed was good and room was clean. Location was excellent. Felt safe.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

The lack of cleanliness of the room. See pictures of how my room was made up. I kid you not ...that bed was what I came back to after they had "cleaned" my room. They replaced the coffee packet but not the cup of coffee I had left in the maker. Garbage not taken out and that was what the bathroom looked like when I got back. Insult to injury, the management didn't even respond. Walls are very thin too. Worst hotel I have stayed at in Denver area.

This was a basic hotel which was fine. I went for the deal. I thought the construction would be the problem but in the grand scheme of things it wasn'T. I stayed 3 nights and could not wait to leave. When I returned to my hotel after a long day of work the on the 3rd day my room had been "cleaned". It looked like someone had taken a nap in the bed, garbage was not taken out, and it was a general sloppy job. Also, that night the internet had major issues and when I called the front desk the man was condescending and juat said that it was going slow...30 Minutes to load 4 pages. The women the next day who o showed the pic of my room to were horrified and very nice and suggested I send the pic to management. Those two ladies were the only saving grace for this property. I am generally not picky or a complainer, and I wasn't looking for anything but maybe an apology, but the management have not even responded to my email. No acknowledgement at all!!! I have already let my fellow travelers know about this and none of us will be staying at a Cottonwood Suites again. I can handle basic but dirty and sloppy is another story.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

There was construction going on that made it a bit confusing. There was no toilet paper in the bathroom. And there was a bottle of jelly left in the fridge. There also was no Kleenex to be found anywhere. Continental breakfast was not an option.

The room was spacious and quiet.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

Let's be real here, this is the cheapest hotel in Westminster, anyone who is traveling on a tight budget is going to choose them regardless of how good of a hotel they are. That being said, my online reservation clearly stated check-out was at noon, yet on my last day in the hotel I had someone trying to hustle me out of my room at 11AM because "they were packed and I needed to be out of there by 11:30" That was obnoxious, but like I said, people aren't paying 60ish dollars/night for a fabulous experience.

It was cheap and close to a Starbucks

• Reviewed: 10 August 2015

The bed springs were broken so my side of the bed slanted. Bugs in the bathroom and on the pillows. Ice machines only on 1st floor.No breakfast was available. Poor value for the $. I do not recommend this motel.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

The room smelled horribly bad. Not sure if it was from the air condition or the fridge. But it was awful. The bathroom door wouldn't close all the way. Cement type floors in the bathroom. Definitely not worth the $100, more $39.99

It was a place to sleep for the night.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

- Had to kill bugs on the carpet in the room. - Shower Curtain was too short to prevent water from spilling onto floor. - Price didn't include Breakfast

- The layout of the room was comfortable. - Staff friendly. - Liked there was Fridge & Microwave

• Reviewed: 18 July 2015

The rooms were very barren The hotel was under construction I thought it was a bit pricey

Bed was comfortable The air conditioning was left on low when I checked in on a 95 degree day. Staff was fairly nice

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

I have stayed in campgrounds, hostels, super 8, cruise ships all the way up to five star hotels and I can honestly say that his hotel had the worst shower head I have ever seen! Probably only three holes in the head were clear of mineral build up and it was only 2" from the wall with no adjustability.

The staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

Lady wouldn't let me check in til after 3pm...after driving 20 hours from Texas...had to wait from 9:30 am til 3pm. Next morning at 10 had woman knocking on door telling me i had one hour to check out...last time I ever stay there.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

Several little annoying things: the tv remote was missing a battery, the lamp had no light bulb (the night staff did not have access to the janitor closet, so they couldn't help us), one towel bar came off the wall, and the coffee maker was missing parts. Wifi connected, but news website and FB pictures would not load.

The hotel is located right off I-25 in a clean business district, plenty of local restaurants nearby. The staff was pleasant and helpful, and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 June 2015

arrived @ 2:15 with reservation & was told to come back @ 2:45 because check in wasnt til 3pm took us 1 hour to get checked in I would not recommend it based on that nor will I return nor was there a pool for the kids

• Reviewed: 7 March 2015

The staff were rude, In my opinion this place is way over priced and not to mention they like to take money from your debit card without permission!

There is absolutly nothing I liked about this place

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

Beds were too small for two average size adults. The girl at the front desk was brand new and I had to wait 30 minutes for her to get the rooms input in to the computer and that was after I had already made a reservation online. The property was not clean and their breakfast is a joke. Wrapped muffins really?

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

bed and pillows were excellent

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Everything else excellent!

Don't really care for continental breakfast, no napkins or fresh fruit out at 7:30 am?

• Reviewed: 14 May 2016

Distance fr fromtlobby

Breakfast was very disappointing , Coffee was very poor

beds were good , smell the n hallways like cleaner, Got my reservations all mixed up

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

Bed was too soft. Breakfast was a joke

Location was good. Safe environment.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

Everything was so clean and inviting

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

Thin walls. Could hear guest in next room coughing all night. Breakfast is very minimal. No seating.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

Entrance for check in was not convenient.

Quiet location

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

Staff was ignorant to me a few times

It was kind of peaceful

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

The staff could of been a little more respectful

• Reviewed: 26 March 2016

Under remodel and tv Chanel's not all available and no prices on vending machines

Available in snow storm. Staff real good.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

I booked a King and got a queen. Not sure how you mess that up.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

have a love seat inside & another nite stand.

Bed Little too hard.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

Noise policy was not enforced.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

In the middle of a remodel so things were out of place.

Staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

Bed was not very comfortable elevator smelled of marijuana

Front counter friendly

• Reviewed: 12 December 2015

Seemed like the window needed resealed. It whistled loudly all night because of strong wind.

Our room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

Construction, dry environment, being woke up by staff to clean the room at 10 AM

Location, convenience, price

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

The bed was horribly uncomfortable.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

Rooms were small furniture were very bad.

Bathroom

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

my neighbor could be heard through the wall and the TV but it was mild

The price was awesome with a fridge and microwave

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Walls too thin. Why would a hotel be built with thin walls? Could hear neighbors very clearly. Could make out what they were saying.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

The guys smoking a joint on the bench outside of the registration door.

Room was clean and location was good. Easy access to I-25.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

Water pressure and in reliable temperature regulation in both shower and room

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

Night clerk very pleasant and helpful at 3 a.m.

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Cottonwood Suites Westminster traveller photo gallery