Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Brockton 2 stars

385 Westgate Drive, Brockton, MA 02301, USA

#4 of 6 hotels in Brockton

• King Room - Disability Access - Smoking

Everything staff suck and are so rude. Room smelled like smoke and my allergies got bad. Nothing at this hotel was good.

Good location but not worth the money.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The women at the front desk was extremely rude and unprofessional !!! I left a room key for my daughter at the front desk and she gave my daughter a hard time about giving it to her to the point where my daughter feared her !! My daughter had FaceTimed me to talk to the rude women then she FINALLY gave my daughter our room key !!

Area

I reserved a king size bed for myself and my husband and when i checked in and walked into the room it was two double full size beds to a connected room. I asked the staff why i received a double bed room and they said there was no longer any king size beds. But i don’t get how there wasn’t any king size beds if when i made my reservations that’s what i reserved. They basically said it was first come first serve. So what’s the point of making a reservation for a certain room

The staff was pleasant the rooms were clean and decorated nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They lie chafed me $45.00 each for my 2 chawowa I even have a doctor's note stating the dogs are theorpy/service dogs and wouldn't refund money so I could go next store to stay at super 6 who allows pets no extra charge super 8 also shows a jaccuzi on pic. Which is not included .

Wasn't even close to what was in pic.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I'm not good with firm beds and I'm small so I'm glad that there was an ottoman in the room, there wasn't much channels on TV to watch, I didn't know that there was a $50 deposit which I got back because there wasn't any smoking in the room

The mini fridge, bathroom, spacious rooms, air conditioner, price

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet backed up and flooded the floor. Loud. One room turned their tv up loud at 3am and was not until an hour later than an argument ensued before that tv was turned down.

I did not use the breakfast. Cleaning staff was always present and helpful

• King Suite - Smoking

The hotel doesn’t have a pool or a jacuzzi for the guest to enjoy. You pretty much have to stay in your room unless you go out somewhere.

It was an ok stay they just need to upgrade the furniture in the room. Maybe get new linens for the beds as well. Other than that it was quiet and relaxing.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Cleanliness was horrible i had to clean before i used anything. Hotel wouldnt give me clean towels would literally wash and bring my towel back so i couldnt leave on Saturday until my towels was washed for me to shower. Housekeeping never came in to clean room l, i had to give them my trash and linen if and when i saw them in the hallway.

The staff was nice, other occupants didnt bother you or made a lot of noise. Other than that nothing.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bedding, towels, and toilet paper need upgrading. Guests will appreciate more comfort and cleanliness of them. toiletries need to be stocked and more quantities

Something so simple but nice feature to offer for new generation that carries their electronic streaming devices so we can watch and catch up with our own shows by allowing us to change the television’s input setting so we can stream our on movies and music. Connecting my Apple TV or chrome cast into a hotel room is normally the easy part is the set up as HDMI inputs are easily accessible but the struggle begins when attempting to change the input setting of the TVs. I have experience a large number of hotels and motels that do not allow it and have customized boxes with slow software and bad programming options that do not allow this function!

Room was cold heat didn't work even after I asked for assistance Room they sent us to was dirty we had to go back down 3 times to get a clean room Smelled like smoke Hole in ceiling needs upgrade Cigerette burns in tub First encounter agent was rude but as they switched shifts the next crew was friendly

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I love the Wi-Fi it is super fast and the rooms are clean

The heater in my room wasn't working and I was with my wife and 3 kids. We all manage to sleep in the cool winter night, it was a bad experience. In the morning, the room service comes and hand you over your bed sheet and you'll be the one to make your bed. The breakfast was not enough for my kids and there was no milk to eat our corn flake with. It was a funny experience all together.

Was kind of shocked when we awoke in the morning to see the window looked out into the lobby. Felt a little strange as far as privacy went.

Great value for the money.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had to wait about fifteen minutes for the night manager to show up when I checked in at 9 PM ish. The room wasn’t sound-proof; the accommodations are low-budget.

Price

• King Suite - Smoking

Got there after 3 pm and had to wait another hour just to get into room... Housekeeping moves when they want. I basically had to go find the lady to ask how much longer got some attitude and was told another 30 minutes. So checked into my room at 5 pm. For her to have cleaned don't understand why there were cobwebs on the ceiling... And never did see any breakfast the next morning so happy IHOP is neat by they are the best..

Nothing but the price of stay

The rooms were out dated. The shower head was coming out of the wall. The lighting in the rooms was awful. There was only the one mirror in the bathroom making it difficult to get ready with someone else at the same time. There were long term guests with little kids dropping food all over the place and it was not cleaned up. I did not feel safe in the neighborhood at all. Will not be staying here again.

The staff was nice enough. The overnight staff seemed bothered by us but the morning staff was very friendly.

The front desk clerk was semi-rude and not very friendly. The AC unit had a wet, musty odor when turned on. Our room overlooked the hotel lobby and breakfast area and into other guest rooms. We had to keep the curtains drawn all the time for privacy, so there was no natural light. It smelled like cigarettes and there were burn marks all over the bathroom fixtures.

The room was spacious and the bathroom amenities were good quality. The lobby area and stairwells were clean. Plenty of parking and close to some shopping, restaurants, and other places to kill some time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Some sort of a TV cable guide would have saved a lot of searching for channels of interest

Hotel was centralized to make it to a Saturday seminar nearby and a Thursday-Sunday search for family grave sites from the 1600s and later that, except for crazy MA state signage were all within a roughly one hour driving range. Hotels was a great staging point that I used last time in the area. Visiting 12 Pilgrim and Puritan era cemeteries and found many dozen family members!

The shower head cover plate had come lose prior to our arrival and had not been fixed. It was hanging on the pipe that sticks out of the wall. The shower tub was spotless, but the shelf had been missed b/c you could see the outline of the bottom of the shampoo bottles from the previous guest.

The place is pretty clean and the bed was comfortable. There is nothing fancy about this place, but you can't get more bang for your buck anywhere else.

Nothing specific

Great location. 7eleven, wallmart, gas stations, highway entry all very near. 25 min drive to Boston! Excellent and helpful staff. All amenities available in the room to make it comfy. Definitely should be rated more than 2 stars!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too loud...had to call front desk at 2 am and 4 am for people partying in the lobby and watching TV too loud.

It was conveniently located with lots of restaurants nearby

The room was constantly cold. Ac stayed dripping. Bathroom could use minor fixes. Toilet paper holder was coming off the wall.

The room was really nice. The painting at the headboard was beautiful. The location was perfect, food and shopping was within a walking distance.

• King Room - Disability Access - Smoking

They could have a lil more things for breakfast in the morning.

One of the only places that has a smoking room. The manager was very helpful wen I had several questions

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Seemed like someone sprayed soda at the wall and a picture behind the bed, coffee pot had a lot of dust on it. the toilet didn't flush well and tub filled way up while showering before it actually drained a while after. Otherwise it was very quiet, we stayed at Motel 6 not too long ago which is right beside it and that place was horrible.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathrooms could use more help. In my particular room the bathroom did not have a fan and the lights were still a bit dark.

I have stayed at this property multiple times since 2008 and this time around I noticed it had received a major face-lift in the rooms. The lobby still leaves something to be desired, but the rooms are much, much sharper.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The night manager was rude and did not seem professional. The room was ok. Very hard to use shower if you are over 5 feet tall. Broken sink.

Free wifi was fast. Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Well the electric junction box blew up and caught on fire and the hotel caught on fire and we had to leave

It was clean and quiet staff was accommodating

THE TOILET CLOGED UP IN BOTH ROOMS AT DIFFERENT TIMES AND I HAD TO UNCLOG .I WAS HANDED A PLUNGER. AT NIGHT U COULD HERE PEOPLE TALKING ALL NIGHT IN THE LOBBY BECAUSE OUR ROOMS WERE RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.WHEN WE CAME HOME FROM OUR EVENT AT 11.30 ON SAT NITE WE WALKED PAST FRONT DESK AND 10 FT TO OUR ROOM AND SMELLED MARIJUANA IN THE HALL AND ONCE IN THE ROOM U COULD STILL SMELL IT. I WILL NOT STAY THERE AGAIN

THE BED WAS COMFORTABLE

Was sent to a room that was still not ready at 4pm. A microwave would be very helpful in the room.

Customer service was awesome. The maids were friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Customer service

The front desk associated didn't seem pleasant at all. It was as if he didn't want to be there. Didn't engage at all. I would say horrible service.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

There was a prostitute who was clearly high roaming around the second floor.. There was stains on the carpet in our room and tub and both vending machines were out of order and ate $2. The coffee was old and not that great and there was no hot water to make a hot chocolate.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

The courtroom decorations seen from the second floor ledge should be cleaned, you can see all the garbage people have dropped or dumped there. Sofas on second floor and chair on rooms should be cleaned or changed. Looking shady.

The room was very nicely decorated and clean.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place had a funny smell. It was something that you grew accustomed to after a short while, but it was definitely there. \ The staff member who was manning the desk when I arrived (about 8 p.m.) kind of growled at me for ID and didn't really say much else. The staffer when I left (5 a.m.) asked me how my stay was, if I was heading back to VA in one day, etc. Much better. I think that the property is WAY overpriced for what you get. To charge nearly $140 per night after taxes is a bit much considering the property and the location. I chose this location because it is an exit away from my son's college (was there for family weekend). I might go a bit further away from the college and drive more if I could find a better property for a comparable price.

The room was clean. A small stain on one of the comforters, but sheets and pillowcases were clean. The bathroom was clean. There were plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very poor. They didn't have much at all, very little seating. Chamber maids were all gathered at 2 of the 3 very small tables. Waffles were from a bag. Left out and were very soggy.

close to a mall, front desk people were nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The walls and the carpets were extremely dirty. Manager stayed mostly in his office and was hard to find when needed. There was no real separation between the smoking and non smoking section. Overall it was a terrible experience. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone especially those with children.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The walls were very thin and my neighbours were quite noisy right through the night, unfortunately.

Clean and comfortable. A very cost effective facility if all you need is a place to stay the night and carry on the next day.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First off, why haven't you answered my email Booking.com? I also called and was on hold for 45 minutes on Saturday. Super 8 said they did NOT have a reservation for us and only had one room left, a SMOKING room. It was disgusting with burn marks and we could barely breathe. I had a sore throat for two days due to breathing in secondhand smoke and the air conditioner didn't work properly. If we didn't have a concert to get ready for, we would have never stayed there. We had NO choice, unless we wanted to sleep in our car. I will NEVER use Booking.com again!!!!

Second hand smoke and burn holes in the room because they said you never sent the reservation over to them and they only had one room available, a smoking room.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Wifi wasn't working, we asked for an extra bed that we did not get (so we slept 3 in a bed). It said on the ad it was like 20-30 minutes from the stadium, turns out it was an hour + away. Fruits in the basket for breakfast were rotten.

They called us a taxi since we had no wifi to get a Uber.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The air vent not working in the bathroom. And a humming noise coming from A.C. area.

Clean and well maintained. Area was well life and felt safe.

The heating system is old.

I loved the location.

I got sick there from the over smell of weeds i ti I ask them to spray something that didn’t work. Never stay there again

Bed were good.

• King Suite - Smoking

Didn't seem keeper up.. Shower curtain did not fit

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

told front desk toilet overflowing, they gave me plunger and sent me on my way.

got what i paid for. i guess

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything but the pillows.

Only thing I liked was the pillows.

everything

I ready enjoyed my stay

How clean it was

It was cold

Rooms r nice

Staff was very helpfull

The Maids SUCK!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The broken vending machine.

The free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

N\A

Good hotel

Can't think of anything

We liked everything, no complaints

Sometimes the prices

Quiet clean and nice staff

The breakfast was horrible

EVERYTHING

NOTHING

Food

• King Suite - Smoking

The jets in the jacuzzi didn't work very well

Breakfast gone to fast

The staff was helpful

I hated everything.

Nothing. I will never stay there again.

Inside room no window. We could hear ice machine from our room

Bath tub looked run down with different spots, smelt like cigarettes and had burn holes in the comforter.

Bed was comfortable.

Bed so comfortable and really quiet place. I got a really nice sleep

There was no breakfast. Outside paint needs to be re-done.

I like the fact that it is located in an easily accessible place. Environment is quiet.

Only breakfast was toast yogurt and waffles and cereal, very poor for options, went else where for breakfast.

Room size allowed my frirend to move around with ease.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hard to locate staff when entering.

The bed was comfortable. There was a small breakfast.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the bathroom was horrible specifically the toilet bowl, rusty and dirty and also the sink.

The bed

The bed was very comfortable but the sheets was a little nasty and the rug was dirty

Shower handle was broken

Breastfast was decent and fresh

The beds are hard

Breakfast basic.

Easy access.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Ac not working mini fridge not working

Bed was comfortable

• King Suite - Smoking

The bathroom was filthy and nasty...i would never stay there agian and i would recommended to anyone

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was clean and the staff was very helpful and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• King Suite - Smoking

I don't like how the rooms are not sanatized or disenfected

They charge my credit card twice for the room price