Reviews of Salt Lake Plaza Hotel at Temple Square 3 stars

122 West South Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101 , USA

#31 of 69 hotels in Salt Lake City

Cannot think of anything.

The desk clerks were extremely nice and went overboard to help me. David Graham was a jewel. He is an asset to your hotel and exceeds expectations. Also, Marie was kind, considerate, and helpful. It's really an outstanding hotel and I recommend it highly. Also, the shuttle service is outstanding. Congrats on having such a good hotel.

• Single Queen Room

The staff at the front desk were not helpful at all. Didn't have change for the laundry.

The location is walking distance from nice places. The rooms are great and clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Could use some modernization. Also, ended up with a ADA room that we didn't need; could have been used by someone in need.

Awesome location. Very clean property.

The AC in the room was loud. No water bottles in the room (just personal preference)

Great location and staff was friendly. Fridge and microwave in the room.

• Single Queen Room

Tea boiler and small kitchen kids

Really for anyone have business in SLC convention centre, this will be an excellent location as well as in the middle of the downtown. I visited all the planned places just walking without need for car renting.

• Single Queen Room

I was overcharged by about 20% over melaleuca rate. I have stayed at this hotel about 8 or 10 times. I don't see it happening again. I can stay at the Hilton for less money. I did point this out to the manager to no avail.

• Single Queen Room

The hotel is right in the centre of town, next to the Mormon Temple. Great views of the city. The breakfast buffet was good but is in a diner next to the hotel rather than an actual hotel dining room. We arrived late and were able to eat dinner there at 9.45pm which was good.

location, location,location! just 2 minutes walk from temple square and from city creek. everything was ok! parking only 8 usd per night and stuff very helpfull!

Really noisy at night, and with this amount of $$ not including breakfast is very expensive. We stayed at Hyatt with almost the same price and got international hotel services and free luxurious breakfast.

has the free airport shuttle, the staffs were very friendly

Bed was not that comfortable and pillows were lumpy. When I asked for a extra blanket the front desk said they couldn’t find one. I got one the next day from the cleaning staff. Pool was closed for the first 3 days I was there.

Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Location is great!

Shower dispensers were empty, and when asked to have them filled, was handed a bottle because maintenance was not available to put it in, and it needed a key to replace the bottle. It was very hard to hold the odd shaped bottle and try to pour the thin liquid into your hand, it just ran out of your hands . Also trash was left in the hall by another visitor and it was there for the duration of our stay. no staff picked it up.

The people that work here are very nice and helpful. All of them were wonderful.

• Single Queen Room

The room was small with a double bed, but it was worth what we paid for the room. The bed was comfortable and everything in the room worked well.

The Staff was super excellant

• Single Queen Room

The hotel had a restaurant located in it, the breakfast buffet was good, but, the dinner food wasn't that great.

Room was nice and clean. Staff was very, friendly. It was in the perfect location, close to my business meeting, on Main street. The Hotel was in the perfect location for the tram (shuttle) stop and it was free. Also, the hotel had a free shuttle to the airport. BONUS!!

When turning on our water to take a shower, it came out brown, and then cleared up after a couple of minutes, however, we had no hot water. I went down and told the front desk and they said someone would be up to look at it. We waited for at least half an hour and then gave up because we were on a time restraint. When checking out, we informed them of the issues that we had and they made no effort to make it right. Don't plan on returning.

Only Location is good, all others are horrible! This room is on the 8th floor . It is the The worst 3 star hotel we have ever seen! All the chairs and furnitures are old and dirty! We had to request some towels to cover the sofa and chairs so that we can sit on it because all of them stained badly , looks like they never changed or never update the chairs and sofa.. There is no shampoo for you take a shower in the morning! The price have no breakfast and no drinkable bottle water and. No shampoo ! So sad ! We are wondering how the local health department verified this hotel’s furnishing (stained chairs and sofa) for this hotel....which can cause cause infectious disease....

The air conditioner was a foot or so from one side of the bed and I froze when it came on. I had to put pillows along side me in order to sleep. Will not stay there again because of this issue, if remedied, would stay there again.

The location was excellent for walking to restaurants, shopping and attractions.

THe carpet in room was a little old but clean.

Staff are very personable and quick! Hotel is oldish but very clean and maintained. I am very picky and I would stay here again easily. We went to see Pink in concert (3 blocks away) and the location Was perfect. Right across form city mall and temple square too. Water pressure in shower was super. Only thing that would make it better is a bigger counter in bathroom but that can’t be fixed, no room, but lots of tables etc in room to utilize.

Parking fee of $8/ day.

Multiple restaurants, shopping and temple destinations close by. If you are there on Thursday night, don’t miss the rehearsal of the Mormon Tabernacle choir!

Could not access the hotel from the parking garage except on the ground floor. The shower was a joke. Water pressure fluctuated between very low and medium. The water temperature was Luke warm at best.

The hotel is located near attractions downtown.

We couldn't cancel when our event was postponed at the last minute. The blankets were very skimpy. I had to call down to get more. The bath water was lukewarm at about 8 am.

The staff and the view. The room also seemed to be clean. There were a lot of mirrors. The parking was handy. The location was great

• Single Queen Room

The bathroom in our room had faulty shower control. It needed to be replaced. The room key worked if you knew how to hold the door in a certain position. The room was comfortable but worn looking.

the restaurant is always good, well staffed and reasonably priced.

• Single Queen Room

The entire experience for the amount of money it cost me to stay there! My room was small and it was located between two elevators on the 9th floor... I will never stay there again or recommend that hotel to anyone ever!

• Single Queen Room

Wishing there was a continental breakfast or fruit available for guests.

Beds very comfortable. Appreciated the fridge and microwave availability. Shuttle to airport was efficient and very helpful.

• Single Queen Room

TINY room. Wall A/C that would not adjust properly. No night stand for my CPAP. They brought a chair from the con ference room. I guess that's OK. We feel we were overcharged. Parking was inconvenient and $8/day.

Cleanliness. Close to Family History Library.

• Single Queen Room

I booked a queen bed ( got a full), bad location( by the stairs), too noisy! Very disappointed. Not what I ordered for $150. I will still go to the SLPlaza, I just won't book with your company!

Close to downtown. Nice staff.

Rooms were old, tv service was poor at best, WiFi was at dial up speed

On site restaurant was simple (Dennis’s style food) but local restaurants were exceptional

It seemed silly to have to pay $8 a day on top of a $175 room rate in order to park in a mostly-empty ramp. I'd also like some shelves or someplace to store toiletries in or near the bathroom. But those are very minor issues, and that is really all I can complain about.

The people who work here are friendly and very helpful. The hotel is perfect for genealogists, since it is right next door to the Family History Library. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

• Single Queen Room

Parking garage was blocked by construction. Called hotel after circling the block a few times and was put on hold for over 6 minutes. Paid to park on the street and went in to ask about the garage...which they did eventually help me get into. Loud drunk people yelling profanity in the hallway prompted a call to the front desk around 1am. They said they would send security...but he never addressed the issue and I listened to the yelling profanities for another hour or so. Only 1 cup of coffee in the room? Not enough...and no in-room personal care items except 1 tiny bottle of moisturizer.

Everything was great!

We were in SLC for General Conference and found this hotel to be within walking distances of everywhere we needed to go. The service at JB's restaurant was excellent and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel snack shop / gift store not open very late.

Parking garage covered & connected to hotel. All staff members were extremely nice & helpful. Location was awesome.

• Single Queen Room

The bed and pillows were adequate but not the greatest. Everything else was amazing. Also, I wish a nicer restaurant than JBs was attached - sorry JBs.

The location of this hotel to shopping, restaurants and the Vivant Arena for the Jazz game were exceptional. Every place we needed to go was walkable. Also, to have a very nice, covered parking garage for a reasonable rate was a huge bonus and a stress reliever.

• Single Queen Room

The smell of someone making popcorn permeated our room late in the evening and lingered for hours. We could not open a window to ventilate it, so we did not have a pleasant sleep setting.

• Single Queen Room

The furniture needs a little attention. Repair or replace. They kept it clean though!

I liked the courtesy and helpfulness of the staff. The housekeepers kept my room in great shape. THANKS!!

A lot of condensation occurs at the windows in the room which resulted in a damp carpet. No coffee or tea service available in the main lobby and no breakfast offered is a game changer. If there was available WiFi, the info was not shared when we checked in. Paying for parking at the hotel was unexpected. I will not stay here again. It was way too expensive given the lack of amenities.

It was clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Charged for parking (should give at least one parking spot for free with room), charged another $10 per person for deposit but haven't received a refund yet, no alert that pool was closed and hot tub jets didn't work. Balcony offered but no notice that law in place that doesn't allow you to open the doors.

Location was great and staff were friendly!

Everything was great, all one could possibly ask for was that their room was free. Did not have one negative experience.

I loved the properties location, cleanliness and overall hospitality. I was allowed to check in early from a long trip, and they extended their free parking out to us even after we had already checked out.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No balcony or fresh air access! No late room service hours very limited.

The Plaza was a good overall value for money. Nothing special but clean accommodations,nice staff, great downtown location and view. No late room service n no extra special things to write about! 3 and 3/4 stars! 😃

Location. Location. Location. A few members of our group used the free shuttle from the airport and the service was appreciated. Staff was very welcoming and helpful.

• Single Queen Room

The hotel charged me a $100 fee for a reservation I had cancelled and then refused to refund the bogus fee even though I did make a reservation for another day and did stay then. This place used to be very nice, but the new management has ruined it. If there were another property closer to the Family History Library I would choose it over this place. (Last year, I was robbed by the housekeeping staff, but the hotel reimbursed me for the $10 items. I was hoping they had improved since then, but apparently they have found other ways to steal.)

The location is the ONLY good thing about this hotel.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room is definitely showing age. The mattress had a stain, the grout looks like it's been peeling for the past 15 years, and the headboards were chipped. While the service is great, the cleaning service was a little pushy. Placed the do not disturb sign and flipped the do not disturb sign on the physical door, and still had an individual try to get into my room. As a young woman traveling by myself, I felt like this was a great invasion of privacy and made me very uncomfortable.

The hotel is exactly what you would expect. Slightly older, but the people who work the front desk, drive, etc, are absolutely wonderful. Very close to the convention center, which was the full reason why I booked this hotel.

The property is old and its noisy. Tried to increase the temperature of the room to 70 degree but it never went above 65 so not sure if the room temperature controller even works.

The location of the hotel. Its close to everything.

No international tv channels

Lovely views of the mountains, perfect location, clean, comfortable, quiet. Excellent wifi. Nice, helpful and friendly staff

• Single Queen Room

There wasn't shower cap. The security box didn't work. The air conditioning was too loud. The air in the Gym was not fresh.

The front desk staff were super nice and the shuttle driver was very friendly too.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel holds out the first night for the room on your card and then when I arrived, the man at the counter stated something about a "50$" hold, only to have my card charged another 191.00$ without explaining to me that it would be done. The total of the first hold and the second was about a 100$ more than the complete room total! That's a lot of money to hold on a card without notifying a guest...the tub was clogged too.

Location was GREAT! The hotel is old but nice and the staff was friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel totally botched the charges on the room and couldnt fix on the spot had to wait and call back to talk to manager

The central location to all the local hot spots was ideal

• Single Queen Room

My room seemed like it was missing one side table and lamp (which made it a bit dark). Also, there was an incredibly loud fridge in the first room which drove me bonkers within 5 minutes- (staff were very good about quickly moving me to a room with a less annoying fridge.)

The facilities at this hotel are good but pretty standard, what made this a great stay was the location and that the staff were wonderful.

Staff member who checked me in at night offered no information about the hotel amenities, including WiFi info. Wasn’t especially friendly. Perhaps wording on signage outside room designated for LDS members only could be modified to feel less unwelcoming to non-LDS members.

With one exception, staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Interesting location. Airport shuttle very nice amenity. Shuttle manager went far out of his way to help me.

The room was great - bed was comfortable - very clean. Location of this hotel is awesome. You can just park your car and walk or ride the Trax where ever you want to go. We will definitely stay here again.

• Single Queen Room

I just spent one night in SLC before moving to another place for work. The hotel and the stuff were very kind and very professional. I appreciated very much the shuttle service from the airport. Moreover also the location is perfect since is less than 5min walk from the Main Street and less the 3min from the temple. Definitely to come back!

• Single Queen Room

Additional 8$ a day for parking.

Quiet, comfortable, great views of the Temple from the halls. My buddy and I were able to walk to the bars and didn't have to hardly drive.

King room large very nice clean. They are pet friendly we just left ours at home this time. Accross the street from symphony hall and convention center.

• Single Queen Room

When I tried to take a shower in the morning, the mechanism was broken and so the shower did not work. When I called this to the attention of the staff member when checking out, he said would mention the problems to the maintenance person. There was no offer of partial compensation. I asked how to contact the manager and subsequently wrote an email asking for a partial refund. I never received a response.

Location right on Temple Square is excellent and the price was good for that location. Bed was comfortable, wifi was good.

• Single Queen Room

Access to parking can be horrible if there's a major event at LDS Temple Square. Heavy traffic down South Temple made it very slow to get back into the hotel parking lot.

It was an extremely convenient location for our visit. All the LDS Church sites we were interested in were within easy walking distance.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Having to pay for parking, the parking garage was a little expensive .

This is our second time staying in this hotel, we love that it is across Temple Square and the Mall . Walking distance from everything !

No breakfast, but no problem thanks to a phenomenal diner next door that offers a huge breakfast buffet for around $10.

Clean, spacey, and phenomenally well located in the heart of Salt Lake City. I have family in the area, so i‘m practically a local. Against this backdrop I naturally appreciate the hotel‘s location. The staff was super-friendly, offering insight on new eateries, and a variety of coupons. If you’re visiting SLC, this is a great place to stay at!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

no in house breakfast 40 dollars to eat at JBs next door not worth it, parking cost 8 dollars and with an event going on the hotel guests had to park in the worst spots

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When we arrived we were given a room with a noxious smell, turns out they had refinished the furniture. It was not habitable. Our room was changed. One of the sinks was clogged and there was a pretzel bag on the floor

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I wasn’t too happy about my view (I should have specified my preference ), and parking is an extra expense, though convenient.: My complaints are pretty minor. Overall a good experience. I will stay again.

I’ve stayed over a period of 13 years. The location is excellent, always clean, and the staff is great.

They should include or tell you ahead parking is $8 per night. There is no other option.

Enjoyed the room and the hotel is very quiet. If you go to Temple Square very easy walk and access. The room eas very clean.

On Christmas day, the restaurant located IN the hotel was not open. We found this odd. Usually hotel included restaurants are open 365 days a year. Other than that, everything was great.

The hotel was immaculately clean and VERY convenient to the things we wanted to do. Everything was within walking distance.

A longer stay!

I would love to personally thank Dawson and Lupe for going out of their way to accommodate us! We got there early and we actually got upgraded to a beautiful suite! Room 1313 was amazing in more ways than one! And the gift shop?? Oh man! What a treasure! We will definitely stay again and again!

• Single Queen Room

we were in a room next to the elevator that went until after 12:00 a.m. and started again at 6:00 a.m. people not staying in the motel used the parking. No special parking for motel quests.

close to the temple square , could walk to see the lights and to shop

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Upgrade of building and furniture is absolutely necessary Shower almost impossible to use because of handle problems. Restaurant outside the hotel is so so...

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Cannot think of anything except maybe the gift shop could carry individual bottles of milk for a snack.

The bed was comfortable, clean, and the cleaning staff was excellent, as well as the front desk staff. Very accommodating with our special needs.

TV had bad connection, couldn’t watch majority of Channels. Air conditioner would not turn off or adjust. Water pressure in shower was awful. Very disappointing, how could this property have an 8.5 rating?! Don’t waste your money here.

• Single Queen Room

Cons: I am a heavy sleeper and I rarely notice things like bedding but the pillows were so lumpy that I couldn’t sleep through the night. The air system was roaring loud so I turned the heat off even though it was December, but you can still hear the roar from other rooms and it shook small metal bits in my room that just rattled non stop. Items I put in the small fridge either froze or were at room temp, which was not a big deal but I ended up having to throw a salad and some frozen apples away. Lastly as I was sitting waiting for my shuttle, the maid vacuuming the lobby kept bumping my luggage and the sofa I was on with her vacuum and then stopped to kind of hock a loogie. All of which would again be fine had I payed the cost of like a motel 8 or something, but this place cost the same price as a super nice hotel in Chicago and a cute seaside lodge in Maine I stayed at this year. I expected better. Salt Lake is very walkable so I will probably try one of the chain hotels nearby for future trips.

The location can’t be beat honestly. It’s right next to museums, temple square and a large mall! The airport shuttle is convenient as well.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The restaurant attached to the hotel, the only thing good about the restaurant were the cookies

Beds comfy, Room was very nice and Temple and city center across street. The staff were awesome

• Single Queen Room

The size & comfort of the hotels bed pillows.

Resturant was on site and very affordable with a nice staff. Hotel is in a prime location with the train just across the street.

The bathrooms are a little small, pillows are a little hard and small

Best location to go walk around Temple Square and City Creek! Walking distance to most City Ammenities! The beds were comfortable, the pillows not so much, so plan on bringing your own pillow if you want to sleep better. Cable TV, Microwave, Coffee Maker, Mini Fridge and Hair dryer complement the room! The fitness center was small but I was glad I was able to workout while on vacation! I recommend this hotel to anybody planning on visiting SLC!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I don't like the extra $8.00 a day charge for parking. I understand they have to pay for maintenance and such but I would rather they just put that into the cost when I pay for the room.

There wasn’t an extra blanket. The padding on the bed was ripped. I know this because I checked for bed bugs. The bathroom was very small.

It thought it was a comfortable room. I liked the location. The staff was nice.

Not being able to get into the hotel through the parking garage

The room was clean, the bed was comfy, the view was fabulous, the employees were very friendly, it is so close to city creek mall and temple square!

• Single Queen Room

We thought it to be about 20% over priced. My email server did not work on the Hotel WiFi system The main dislike was the inability to open the sliding doors to get some fresh air, they where totally locked tight, even a couple of inch opening would have been appreciated.

Very convenient and accessible to the Research Library center, the Restaurant at the Hotel was excellent and very affordably priced, breakfast buffet was awesome. The Staff are one of the most accommodating compared with any other Hotel we have stayed at.

• Single Queen Room

I called for the shuttle and it left without me. I waited in the right place. Therefore waited over an hour for the shuttle and I missed my 3:30 appt. I think you need to keep track of who is being picked and communicate to the driver so he knows who he is picking up and doesn't leave anyone. Van is not that easy to identify. Basically a white van.

convenience of the restaurant. Fridge and coffee in room. Slept good, comfortable

The hotel felt tired. The staff appeared stretched out emotionally and somewhat unattached, but very kind and hospitable. The smoke detector went off repeatedly throughout the night. They sent a security guard to fix it, however, he had no technical ability to do so. I called the front desk and they said they did not have maintenance personal on duty or on call. I was moved to another room at 2:00 a.m. The only concession I was offered for the experience was a free breakfast or $25 off my room.

The hotel is right by Temple Square and easy to get to.

Browse Salt Lake Plaza Hotel at Temple Square traveller photo gallery