Reviews of The Dylan at SFO 3 stars

110 South El Camino, Millbrae, CA 94030, USA

#3 of 7 hotels in Millbrae

Wonderful hotel at SFO airport
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Fab comfy beds, fluffy towels. Gentleman on duty was very helpful and efficient, changed our room to accommodate a third person. . Would definitely recommend.

We loved the location, as the BART was only a couple blocks...
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The breakfast was good, but needs to be in a larger area. It was hard to get around with only 5 people in that specific area.

We loved the location, as the BART was only a couple blocks away. The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms were very clean.

A very nice Motel but a motel none the less at hotel prices.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

This property was described as a 3 star hotel but it is not a hotel, it is a motel. The photos suggested it was a hotel and much bigger than it actually was and were deceiving. We picked this as we wanted a hotel and not a motel. Although it has been renovated to a high standard it is still a motel. The rooms were adequate but very small and without a fridge. We were told if we wanted a room with a fridge we would have to upgrade to a more expensive room. One thing they have not done is insulate the rooms for noise. We stayed 2 nights and were kept up both nights due to a herd of elephants in the room above us. The noise from thier shower and toilet seemed to suggest they were in our bathroom and in it all the time. The outdoor corridor outside our room had a rough surface and we had a constant rubble of suitcases being wheeled past. The parking spaces are very narrow so that it is difficult to park and then get out of your car if you have vehicles iether side. They have done this to increase the parking space but defeated the objective of having adequate parking.

This Motel has recently been renovated to very high standard. The the rooms were very clean and the standard of furniture and fittings were very good. The “Lobby” was very nice but had a capacity for 6 seats. The location for the airport was good. The breakfast was good.

Spacious room with everything we needed.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Spacious room with everything we needed. They even had facecloths and no other hotels we stayed in had those!! Complimentary breakfast was yummy! It was a quiet location VERY handy to the airport. It was out of San Francisco town but the train station was 2 minutes walk away so it was easy to get into town. Airport shuttle service was very convenient. I would definitely return if I get the opportunity.

Bedroom was comfortable and clean.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Breakfast very poor quality. Some guests had very poor manners trying to get food as if it was there last meal ever. Area for breakfast was too small and tables dirty. Security at Hotel was poor. Access into Hotel easy as often nobody actually standing at the desk. Stranger got into breakfast yesterday! Police called. Access into Hotel from garden very easy and from side entrance. A lot of changes needed. Poor value for money and cheap food offered for breakfast in low quality surroundings.

Bedroom was comfortable and clean. Balcony could be a serious security issue because the access into the Hotel is too easy.

You all made our first ever stay in America great. Thank you very much for making "The Dylan" great
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

We had a great time st the Dylan so I got noting to say about what I did not like.

1. Reception - made my day- thank you to Melinda and Lakos for your smiles and superb service 2. Breakfast and 24/7 coffee facilities - 👍🏿We were kept hydrated and great breakfast. Room - very well groomed and serviced- house keepers deserve a bonus for their hard work. Transport- up to expectation to and from the facility. You all made our first night in USA great. 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Overall my stay was an enjoyable one.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Overall my stay was an enjoyable one. The hotel is small and quaint, and in a very good location. The area was a community very close to the BART system. My only complaint would be that the staff knocked on the door one too many times in the morning. But after placing the “do not disturb” sign, there wasn’t any other issue

Not value for money paid for a night.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to wait for an hour for the shuttle bus to airport. Told us they will book bus for 8:30 am but due to some miscommunication on their end the bus didn't turn up and had to re book. We waited 1hr due to that.

Location is good, hotel design is nice.

It was a comfortable stay
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

I like eveyrhing In here,me and husband will definitely comeback to his hotel.its small lobby but very cozy and clean.bonus part is,it’s super close to Bart station which will take you to downtown SFO or anywhere you want to go.very convenient,SamTram or there bus is just beside the hotel.

Very artistic
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking lot at night doesn’t look very safe. But at least it’s free.

Very artistic In a relatively safe area Staff was very kind and professional

We enjoyed except for the soft mattress situation.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

My husband and I both have back issues thus NEED a firm mattress. The bed was too soft for us thus we both had aching backs after 3 nights. A roll away was brought in as requested and was firmer but certainly not ideal. We would strongly recommend that the Dylan have 2 or 3 rooms with a FIRM mattress.

We particularly liked the close access to BART and CALTRAIN. The breakfast was very adequate even though we only ate it once due to other activities. The staff was quite cordial. The room was clean.

The external patio was nice.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Seemed like an hotel on the photos, but was a motel. Pillows were not clean. One of the staff members was unfriendly.

The external patio was nice. The room was clean.

Amazing stay, awful staff
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

My wife had checked in earlier for my son and I. When I arrived to pick up my room key. Whuch she left for me, I was treated like a pariah by the evening hotel staff was he was extremely rude and off putting. Suggesting that I was lying and I couldnt be staying their on the whole my 8 year old child is getting worried about where we are going to stay if he didn't give us a key to a room I PAID for. It was disrespectful

Everything except evening Thursday night staff

Great alternative to paying mega bucks in central San Francisco.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Staff a little grumpy/unwelcoming. More motel than hotel.

Good location, minutes walk from the Bart. Breakfast waffles. Nice modern entrance hall. Comfortable beds and private bathroom.

Great little hotel with a little something different.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Can’t think of anything we didn’t like.

It’s quirky with a great design. Rooms were nice and very clean. Free coffee and cookies in the lobby 24/7 is a nice touch. The staff were very helpful and friendly. A really nice little hotel next to The airport.

Close to the airport
    • Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The room looked different than the pictures at booking app, shower was too small, the style of the room was not up to date. Paid almost 200$ for night, which I find very expensive, but due to the circumstances booked it anyway

Got an early check in (only 15 min after I booked the room), nice staff, good location- 5 min from the hotel to the airport, close to train station, near a shopping center with restaurants, supermarket, cakes shop etc

Comfotrable
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only minor complaint is the quality of the tiwels

No clue what to expect, the only hotel I could find on short notice. Completely exceede my expectations.

We only stayed a night as it was just a really quick layover...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We only stayed a night as it was just a really quick layover - it was pretty value for money considering there was 4 of us. There was enough room, it was comfortable and clean! Some really nice breakfast options. Whilst small, they made the best of the location and space! It's located near the BART and opposite a Walgreen's, so that's super convenient!

Great location to public transportation.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Great location to public transportation. Made getting around the bay area very convenient. Breakfast was simple but very good. Hot selection changed daily.

Comfortable stay

Bigger area for Breakfast area

Location of the hotel, near to BART station which make travelling convenient for those who do not drive Bed is comfortable

Super cute, cozy hotel with really nice staff and an excellent breakfast
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

There was nothing I didn’t like

It was a really cozy room, the detail in all of the decor was really cool. The breakfast was delicious, the scrambled eggs were cooked perfectly, they have waffles and an awesome custom coffee machine - I had a latte and a mocha.

Not a bad choice !!
    • Deluxe King Room with One King Bed

The choice of breakfast is limited and it will be better for providing more fruits. As the hotel is getting older, having some bad smell when you enter the room at the first step.

The location is excellent that you can walk to the Bart & Caltrain station in 2 minutes. You can also easily to find restaurants by crossing a street. They provide free airport shuttle which is an advantage.

The bed was comfy and the room was quiet, despite the...
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Nothing negative to report.

The bed was comfy and the room was quiet, despite the location. The hotel was a redesign and update of a motel and was a surprisingly great job on both, down to the cute little courtyard with seating and fountain. The bathroom, while small, made the most of the space with a clean and clever design. Extremely convenience to the train and free airport shuttle available. I only wish I had left more time for breakfast.

Highly recommend for a stopover stay near the airport and the train station.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The location is a little bare as it is near the airport, so I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic stay. Also the breakfast area can get a little crowded which made it hard to navigate the toaster and drinks .

Really comfortable room - the bathroom is well stocked and the shower is great! We arrived very late so great to get a shuttle to the hotel close to the airport. Also train station very accessible. Friendly staff - generous breakfast. It was great to be able to make my own waffles in the morning ;-)

Terrific. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

No half & half at breakfast for coffee

The room was very attractive and the bed and pillows were Great! The decor of the whole place was chic, wonderful touches throughout. The airport was 5 minutes away by free shuttle Felt very safe as a solo traveler

This is an old motel that has been made over.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Don’t charge so much for a small substandard accommodation....it was a rip off..

This is an old motel that has been made over. The guy at the desk was polite

Great location, great price, great location. I’d stay again next time I’m in the area.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Close to public transportation, pharmacy and restaurants. About a 2 block walk to the BART and Caltrain station. Close to the airport with no airport noise. Breakfast choices were good, staff was helpful. Easy walk to In-n-Out! Heat/ AC unit worked great.

Overnight before flight
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Lobby cramped and check in was not an excellent experience.

Great location and room exceeded my expectations. It’s a totally remodeled old motel fitted up with modern hotel sensibilities as to security and comfort.

Most pleasant stay of all hotels on our trip
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Curtain on the balcony was noisy when the wind blew. Should be taken down.

We only stayed one night but will go out of our way to stay here again. Well thought out amenities in room and very user friendly. Great TV, shower and towels. better that the Hilton or Hampton we stayed in earlier in the week. Loved it. Very friendly staff. And helpful. Tom and Patty

would stay there again...
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

No US cell phone. So option to use Terminal 3 arrivals phones to request shuttle for Dylan hotel was great in theory except too many phones didn't work. The hotel receptionist never told my husband he must wait on departures level for pickup. There used to be a phone outside where the shuttles make their rounds but it had been removed. When I went in to call again I found 1 of 2 working phones in another location. Even with all this back and forth we still met a couple from our flight waiting outside for the shuttle which ended up being very full .The receptionist suggested we make advance reservation to return to airport for 10am next day which we did - no reservation found...

funky room design,spacious location right by transportation - SFBART, airport shuttle,breakfast - best to get there early for space and choice.

Overall, great!! Quick trip to check out the university. I'd stay again if we come back to the area.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

No sausage or bacon at breakfast. It was in the description.

It was a great quick stay. Very clean and comfortable. Nice decor and breakfast. Close to Bart.

I liked the large bathroom and shower with pebble tiling on...
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Scrambled eggs would be better if they used fresh eggs rather than the powdered stuff.

I liked the large bathroom and shower with pebble tiling on the floor - very modern touch.

Easy place to grab some sleep between flights.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The cost ended up higher than I was quoted on booking.com and I am not sure why. After traveling for 20+ hours, I admit that I didn't notice upon checking in. The area the hotel is in does not have anywhere that you can get a bite to eat after 10pm without having a car and the hotel does not have a restaurant.

It was nicely decorated and furnished and very conveniently located near the airport. The continental breakfast was nice and impressive for a hotel without a kitchen.

Decent place for the price, OK location, near SFO.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The SFO shuttle isn't on a regular schedule - it needs be called for. Breakfast choices are very limited.

Decent restaurants within walking distance .

Good property but very poor shuttle service.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shuttle took nearly an hour to pick us up from the airport despite being told 3 different times that the driver was only an hour away. The next day the staff member advised us to take an uber to the airport to pick up our rental car. After inquiring why she then said we could take the free shuttle but that it would be nearly an hour before it could pick us up. This aspect was very poorly handled for a hotel that offers shuttle service to and from the airport. Additionally there was no apology or no attempt to try to rectify this situation.

Room was clean and comfortable

Excellent location for a short stay near SFO
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The WiFi cut off for an hour in the middle of the night.

Excellent location, BART/Caltrain right next to it, with restaurants and 24/7 stores nearby. Free shuttle to SFO, if not it only takes 5 min in an Uber. Luggage storage available for free.

Very pleasant stay
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

If you weren’t there early for breakfast there wasn’t much of a selection left to chose from

Staff was very pleasant. Rooms were very clean and nice, beds were very comfortable! Quiet atmosphere!

Not applicable

The hotel was 5 mins from two train stations. The BART and the Calitrain. And next door is a restaurant / Cafe / Diner which serves good food by friendly staff. Recommended. I was there every night for my evening meal. Good value for money and the strawberry filled crepe was delicious.

Spacious room, helpful staff
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

In the disabled room we stayed, the bathroom sink broke (fell down) when I leaned against it. The shower hose also broke when I was using. The hotel recently renovated but I guess it was done in a cheap way.

Spacious room, helpful staff

I would stay here again... but top floor in room that doesn't have an unpleasant-sounding heater
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Noisy heater and noisy upstairs guest you could hear walking heavy across the floor, which kept me awake several hours that night, so they should have sound proofed between floors.. Also had an issue with the toilet... tried to call front desk at 4a but no one answered so had to get dressed and go outside to the front desk waiting for about 5 minutes for someone to respond. Shouldn't have even had to leave the room to deal with this issue at that hour.

Very comfortable bed... nicely appointed rooms and a nice breakfast

Good value for money, new the airport, good for transit and...
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The shuttle was about 25 mins which makes me anxious about missing my flight.

Good value for money, new the airport, good for transit and there’s free shuttle. Breakfast is average.

Disappointed but okay in a pinch.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noise from adjoining room woke us both up around 3am - talking voices came through the wall. The breakfast subpar with cool eggs and potatoes. All doors opened to the outside and outside elevator was extremely slow.

Rooms were well appointed. Staff was friendly.

Amazing hotel!
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were incredibly friendly. They allowed us to check in at 8am and have breakfast while we waiting for our room to be cleaned! We also got a free shuttle to the airport the next day!

Very pleasant.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The leaky ceilng on the lobby. The bed was too short for 2 peopl and the blankets were not very comfortable.

The breakfast food and the fact that they fferred cookies and drinks. The rooms were cosy and neat.

When the maid cam in to clean, she never changed our sheets,...
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

When the maid cam in to clean, she never changed our sheets, and left a dirty towel in the bathroom. Also they overcharged me and I’m still waiting for my refund a week later. Not cool!!!

Lovely boutique hotel near the airport
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The room is super cold and although there is an electric heater it only warms up one part of the room. So the bathroom which is at the other end has freezing floors due to the marble tiles. Also, sound travels quite a bit. Pack some ear plugs!

This is a great airport hotel! Lovely large rooms and a super comfortable bed. It’s also walking distance from restaurants and a Walgreens. Very convienent place to stay before a flight. They even do a free shuttle.

Room was good-looking.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The smell in the room was a bit stinky and the lady at the front desk at night time didn't tell me I needed to sign up for the shuttle bus... Although it got good in the end that kind of information for guests is important...

Room was good-looking... Pretty comfortable...

see above. good for an overnight not for a week. leftover foods were wasted due to no refrigerator
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

for 3d my 4th pillow was missing until i asked housekeeper for the missing one. although the glass glasses were obviously used and removed by housekeeping, they were not replaced until i requested replacement. would have expected the room to be like it was on arrival. was insulted that for 229.00 $/night on some days, there was no refrigerator in the room. read this was only for 'elite' rooms. did not like at all the fact that the entry to rooms were just like a cheap motel - OUTSIDE! as was the elevator! consequently the guests coming in were not quiet and disturbed sleep/rest. from the pictures it looked like there would be a large lobby with quiet areas, but the only lobby was a small room at the entry/exit door.

very comfortable bed. staff was very friendly and accommodating and always present. was nice to have coffee always available.

The rooms were adorable and very comfortable.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The rooms were adorable and very comfortable. Breakfast was better than most places. I loved that there is a hot chocolate machine in the lobby for use 24/7

Comfortable and clean place to stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I'm a light sleeper. Airplane, train, and traffic sounds kept me awake but other members of my family was ok with it.

The breakfast was very good. If you are traveling SF without a car, the location is good. Good service. Cozy room. Bed was comfortable. Overall clean.

poor service, waited an hour to be checked in at 10pm at night. No offer of anything to recompense
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

really bad reception. after a 10 hour fight we were told we couldn't check in because the computer system was down. We were offered the 'opportunity' to wait at the local Starbucks until they could check us in. I thought it might be 15-20minutes so we went there and asked the manager to text us when we could check in. After an hour we still hadn't heard anything so we returned to the hotel where we were told ' the system has just come back on!' He didn't bother to test us to tell us or to keep us informed, very poor customer care.

bed was comfortable but not much else to recommend it

Fun boutique hotel near SFO

A noisy room this time

Funky Art Deco style boutique hotel convenient to restaurants and SFO. Great bed, great shower! Quirky and individually decorated rooms. Nice breakfast, all you can eat!

A great bargain at a price
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Walls were paper thin. And the couple next door were "busy" for hours... Smoke alarm kept going off requiring Maintance to be in and out of my room with a ladder.

Astetic and linens

Great uniqueness, great value for money
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Washing machine would be useful

Loved the decor and layout. Did not feel like the usual chain brand motels at similar price. The little courtyard was really cute. And despite being next to busy road and train tracks, I could hardly hear a thing when I shut the windows

Excellent location, the BART is super close
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

So far, this section should be empty

Easy connection to airport (I’m connecting flights). Clean and nicely decorated. Very close to commercial facilities. Free shuttle To airport

Very nice hotel, great value!
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Heater was a little loud.

Room was comfortable, clean, power available for recharging, free wifi, friendly reception person, balcony, close to train, very reasonably priced.

Favorite SFO stop-off
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Excellent location right across from Millbrae BART station, convenient to SFO. Super breakfast with waffles. Comfortable, well-decorated, and spacious rooms.

We would come back again.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

We needed a place for an unforeseen layover. Easy to reserve the room, able to go into San Francisco by BART, just around the corner from Alliance Chiropractic who fit me in to their schedule, and close to the airport.

We will be back next time!
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy with people coming and going early and late - take some earplugs.

Receptionist was extremely kind and helpful, even letting us use the computer in the office to check in for our flight. Large room with plenty of useful lighting and comfortable bed and good bathroom.

Good but could have been great.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds weren't that comfortable. Things like soap had to be asked for weren't ready in the room. The handsoap in the bathroom smelled terrible. You can hear the other rooms easily.

The modern look of everything. Very stunning.How easy it is to find. How close it is to SF. That it has a complete breakfast but only if you get there before 9.

A perfect hotel for business travelers/those heading to...
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

A perfect hotel for business travelers/those heading to or from the airport. I won't be staying anywhere else near SFO! The staff were incredibly friendly and the airport shuttle could not have been easier

Great location and friendly staff.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The internet went out during our stay, so there was no WiFi access during the last day. The staff was kind enough to let us use the phone at the front desk during that time.

Great location and friendly staff.

A personable airport hotel... who'd a thunk it?
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a nice community feeling among guests and staff, and BART is just there, and we could walk to restaurants. The breakfasts included make your own waffles,which were a hit.

Awesome, family oriented stay and parking availability great!

More vegetarian options.

The coffe machine conveniently placed. Breakfast also very good. Perhaps if you include some vegetarian options even better. It can be added to the reservation as well.

Comfortable and convenient hotel close to the airport.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shuttle bus service took alot longer (20-30mins )as compared to other hotels like hilton double tree and other chain hotels (5-10mins).

i liked that the BART was close by. There are some shops and restaurants by making it easy to find something to eat after your flight.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The TV and the bed was comfortable
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was put in the back of hotel could hear the train all the time smell of room was a old smell wouldn't ofpaid 169 dollors was not worth that sorry!!

The TV and the bed was comfortable

Good value - have recommended it to our American relatives
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was OK but nothing special. Could do with more fruit - only apples and oranges available.

Good location for us (near the airport), excellent price and close to the BART station for trips to San Francisco.

It was the perfect location for us since the birthday party we were attending was across the street.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Got assigned a room that was supposedly ready but was still being cleaned. We were reassigned to another room immediately, however.

It was nice to have a selection of hot chocolate as well as coffee and cookies at the front desk.

Will recommend and would stay there again.
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The door to the balcony needed some weather stripping. It was drafty and made some noise when the wind blew on the very stormy night we stayed there.

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff are RUDE! The staff cannot speak English very well & it's clear there is no communication between the day & night staff. The customer service is DISGUSTING! Melinda and Meranda are idiots!

Nice and comfortable hotel close to airport.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Clear, quiet, nice hotel with parking. Hot breakfast, that was important . We stayed for one night before a flight, so the location close to airport was perfect for us. Area around is freandly, with restaurants and bar in a walking distance.

We enjoyed the stay; we felt comfortable and served at a very good price.
    • Deluxe King Room with One King Bed

The free breakfast was largely cold by design. The baggage cart was too big and awkward for the elevator and some doorways.

The egg casserole was very good. Parking was free. Staff was competent and courteous. Location was close to Bart and SFO. Price was a bargain. Room was very clean and modern. Beds were excellent.

Nice place close to airport and public transport
    • Traditional Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Shuttle from airport was very slow but did make it right by paying for a taxi.

very close to airport and public transport. Small, nice breakfast. Fairly quiet even though very near the airport. Comfortable beds and comfortable rooms. Stayed with family for a wedding nearby and all were happy with the hotel

it will be my go to place whenever I’m flying out of SFO. Comfy,clean,and close to SFO. Exceptional
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

A very small request. I had to catch a plane before the breakfast was available. A nice bowl of fresh fruit would be greatly appreciated for a snack.

It is a minamilist’s dream hotel. You get exactly what you need and what you get is great quality. It’s no frills comfort, cleanliness, value and service. It will be my go to place whenever I’m flying out of SFO.

Breakfast was ok, good airport shuttle.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Price was a bit high, it is basically a upgraded motel and rooms were a bit dated. Had a noisy room with many people passing by.

Breakfast was ok, good airport shuttle.