Reviews of The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay 3 stars

68 Monarch Bay Drive, San Leandro, CA 94577, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in San Leandro

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Great place to stay and enjoy the Bay area without the super high-priced cost.
    • Superior Queen Room

Very nice location, right on the marina with gorgeous sunsets. Watch planes coming into Oakland airport, walk the miles of bay-front, or hike up in the hills where the views of the entire bay are spectacular. Wonderful staff and breakfast. We booked here last-minute and could not be more pleased that we happened to find this place.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Ac worked really good room was cool
    • Superior Queen Room

My power went out and I went to the front desk and the worker did not know what he was doing took him a hour to get my power back on to flip a switch on the breaker...

Ac worked really good room was cool

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Marina Inn will be my first stop on all my return trips to...
    • Superior Queen Room

The only 'flaw' was my phone reception - I had a weak signal in my room though it was fine in the lobby.

Marina Inn will be my first stop on all my return trips to the Bay Area. My room had a small balcony looking out at the harbor that was so relaxing i had to force myself to leave the room. I stayed a second night when I arrived and returned the night before my flight out. The room was well thought out with good linens, a comfortable bed and great shower. I appreciate the little details: water bottles (no charge!), a frig that works, decent coffee, three newspapers in the morning, computers and printers in a small business room and, of course the evening cookies and milk. Staff was welcoming and attentive, breakfast offered many choices and the seating area was attractive and spacious. The little marina area was lovely with a view of the hills across the bay, a pathway for walkers and cyclists,and two good restaurants next door. I'm already anticipating my next visit!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

I wish my stay was longer to relax in such a beautiful, laid back area.

I guess the only negative thing about the Marina Inn I could think of is the room doors. They are nice solid doors, but that makes them hard to push open, especially if your hands are full. At night you can hear them slamming shut.

The outdoor balcony for our room had an exquisite view of the Marina and watching the sunset on the bay made the trip worthwhile. The heated pool was great because the mornings were a little cool. The complementary breakfast was unique, having a waffle station and fresh oatmeal.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

We enjoyed our stay very much and we will be back!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The breakfast was amazing!! So many yummy things to choose from. The view from our balcony was beautiful and we enjoyed that the most. The cookies at night were delicious. the staff was always friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back!!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

I liked the view of the rooms.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I did not like the breakfast it was very plain would have liked more options. The pricing is a little high for a nights stay, we have been trying to get a corporate account going and its like pulling teeth.

I liked the view of the rooms. Service at the front desk was ok.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Lovely location near the marina free parking for entire stay...
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Didn't like where our room was overlooking car park very noisy in the night with cars in adjoining car park doing doughnuts at 2 am. Trucks also arriving for deliveries and bin emptying early morning which woke us up. People in adjoining rooms constantly slamming doors you could hear Tv's and conversations through the walls.

Lovely location near the marina free parking for entire stay unlimited hot drinks and fruit and cookies and milk. The staff were very nice and helpful.

Surprise! A great place to stay close to the water.

NA

We didn’t stay very long. I got the room for us to stretch out because a flight was delayed 7 hours. The facilities appeared to the “bonus”, and we decided that we would want to come back next time we wanted to go to Oakland.

great location..overall good amenitieswith pricing
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

it s an older property..libens..property room smell

location..convenience to airport..by the bay..free brkfst..free airport shuttle..wifi incl with pricing

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Very clean, excellent staff, free shuttle from airport &...
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisey teenagers in pool late at night

Very clean, excellent staff, free shuttle from airport & anywhere within 2 miles of hotel whilst you are a guest. Breakfast fresh, great variety, time for breakfast good 6-10, 24hr coffee, quality toiletries.

Exellent property with great rooms and great views.
    • Superior Queen Room

As always a perfect property to stay at! I have stayed here many times and am always glad I did. The staff are amazing and friendly. The views of the Marina and the Bay are great. Great breakfast. Outstanding. Always a 10!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Great place to stay for a night.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff service for breakfast was not very friendly. Additionally, the pool water was way too hot - especially when there's a jacuzzi right next to the pool that's hot.

being close to the marina

Perfect place for any occasion!
    • Superior Queen Room

Everything! This place is wonderful. I have stayed there a few times and the staff always makes you feel welcome. It’s an awesome place to stay. Great breakfast selection that’s always ready on time and there is always enough. The coffee is great too! My go to place when I stay in the Bay Area.

Use of the pool & jacuzzi.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location not ideal if don't have car as restricted what could get to in the immediate area. Limited restaurant choice and no close shops.

Use of the pool & jacuzzi. Breakfast included in the price. Free shuttle to airport. Check out at 12 noon. Next to public park.

romantic, retro, cosy hotel.

Nothing - although the area around the hotel is a bit dodgy but you don't have to walk there - as we did.

loved this hotel - a little retro but romantic and relaxing, and a lovely view over the marina. Also loved eating at the restaurant next door - equally retro and romantic, and superb food. Staff were super helpful, especially Fabio who drive us to the BART and picked us up after a long day in the city.

Lovely Place to lay your head for the night.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The breakfast wasn't anything more than toast, fruit, doughnuts and waffles. I was at least expecting some a egg even some sausage, for the price of each room, I know it is affordable. watch out for the skunks in the parking lot at night, too! there were a handful in one sighting!

This is one of the better hotels I have stayed at around San Leandro! The room was Cozy, Large and Had a balcony. I was a little worried being so close to the airport that it would be too loud, But The sound proof rooms fixed that! Lovely stay!

the best on the bay!!!

we didn't stay longer.

What isn't there to like about the Marina. Location, facilities and the helpful friendly staff and management. 10 out of 10 guys!!!

Decent place
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was fine, though it had the feel more of motel than a hotel. It is certainly not a "resort." Check-in was very good. The breakfast was better than most budget places, good selection, good quality. Room was clean, fairly modern. Bed was good.

It was great.
    • Superior Queen Room

That I booked on the day of our stay, we got one of the last rooms available, so we did not get a view room. Most rooms have a nice view across the bay.

Nice location on the marina, killer restaurant and bar next door, they close at 10:00 though.

• Superior Queen Room

The requirement of $100.00 deposit for incidentals?? And it has to be on your card. I have stayed here before. The side of the tub is high and I tripped on it twice. Shower is very small and toilet is very low to the ground. Have no idea what rhw Genius perks are.

Lacking in sleep which seems to miss the point of a hotel room.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Sound proofing. The elephant upstairs was on the move until the early hours and might as well have been in with us. The stairs are all floating concrete and the base echo permeates.

Breakfast was carnage, but varied and plentiful

I was given a fantastic room with a view right onto the Bay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Wooden ceilings so you can hear the people walking upstairs.

I was given a fantastic room with a view right onto the Bay. Staff was very helpful. The room was very comfortable.

Lovely stay close to San Francisco

Polystyrene crockery at breakfast

Breakfast buffet was great, especially the waffle maker. Afternoon cookies were provided at reception for everyone. Location was good - right on the marina and very convenient for Oakland airport.

Wish we could have stayed longer and taken advantage of being near the water.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

It specified that it had an airport shuttle, but didn’t specify to and from which airport! People who have never been to this area wouldn’t have known this. It was 45 min to the International Airport and the cab cost us $40 each way.

I paid for a king size deluxe room and when I was given my...

I paid for a king size deluxe room and when I was given my room it was a queen. The staff didn’t notify me of this information and they were going to let me pay the price of a king size but only give me a queen. I am 6’2” and it’s a bit uncomfortable to sleep in a queen for me.

Excellent hotel if looking to recharge after long haul flight.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

May be a bit out of the way for some travellers.

Scenic and relaxing location on the marina. Very close and convenient for Oakland International Airport. Nice room and very comfy bed and pillows. Residential area behind the hotel. A nice option if you are looking for something different from the usual big chain hotels around the airport area.

Relaxing and enjoyable
    • Superior Queen Room

Very enjoyable stay! They had everything I needed, including a nice little patio looking out towards the water. Wish I didn't have such an early flight, I would've liked to try the breakfast.

Great value super staff
    • Superior Queen Room

I can't really say I had anything that I didn't like a couple of things that would have made it better one would have been an in-room safe and the other a flat-screen TV that could accept a USB memory stick so guests could bring their own movies. But with that said it's not something that would keep me from going back I will use this hotel again.

Staff was fantastic room was very clean everything worked as it should plenty of amenities and Great Buffet breakfast

Great short stay with an
    • Superior Queen Room

Great to have a restaurant nearby! The staff, including the driver Tim was very cordial and helpful. The breakfast was beyond my expectation. It was Also nice to have coffee in the room and complimentary water.

Near Oakland airport, Oracle arena and Stadion
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Worn down. Very old bathroom and furniture. Smokers standing outside and chatting till late. Windows not sound proof.

Location. Easy Parking. Near the water (boat launch) and golf course.

Overall a good place to stay. The location is really the best part!
    • Superior Queen Room

A bit run down, kinda tacky decor, bed was not super comfortable, linens have seen better days, breakfast was a carb-gluten-fest (great for most people but sadly not for me).

Clean room, nice view, friendly welcoming staff, fair price, very clean shower. If you eat carbs and gluten then you will absolutely love the breakfast because it looked awesome!

Comfort in the city.
    • Superior Queen Room

You can hear the folks next door.

Customer service was good and informative.The room was clean and comfortable.The ambience of being next to the marina was a plus.

Perfect in every way for jet lagged travelling!
    • Superior Queen Room

Wish we could have stayed longer.

The location is amazing and the staff exceptional! Just perfect and the breakfast was well beyond our expectations. Taking the bikes out along the Bay Trail just made our whole trip. A real little paradise!

LOVED IT!!
    • Superior Queen Room

I like every thing about this place but i would like more of a variety for breakfast.

I love this place. I will be staying here every time i come to the Bay! The rooms are spacious, the views are amazing. and the staff is wonderful. The San Leandro marina is a great place to take a morning walk.

Exceeded expectations with some very welcoming touches.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Friendly front desk staff. Cookies, apples, coffee and tea available on arrival in lobby. Deluxe queen room with balcony overlooking marina and out to SF bay was a wonderful spot to sit and watch the sunset. Anytime a "breakfast " at a hotel includes more than carbs and coffee, I am a happy camper. Protein options included boiled eggs, cottage cheese and yogurt. Very comfortable room. We would definitely stay here again.

This hotel was perfect, had everything we were looking for at an exceptional price!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There could be more bikes to offer.

The location was ideal for a relaxing weekend getaway. The free shuttle service was great for going into the city, and the pool and hot tub was perfect to warm up in.

Great for a one night stay. If you have a car, so much the better.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Breakfast area was packed, and people still in pj's. Bit of a push shove for food and the coffee/tea was luke warm. But would still stay again.

The room was nice, the hotel was clean. The shuttle bus driver was super helpful. Not much around, but great bar/restaurant next door. Nice walk along the sea and great view of San Francisco outline/bridge.

Room quite big and hotel provides shuttle to bring you to...

location is on seaside but there is nothing walking distance close by. you need the shuttle to reach walmart. not practical and also very dark in the evening around there...

Room quite big and hotel provides shuttle to bring you to grocery nearby if needed (walmart)

i love this place.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I would have liked more time to stay

i love this place. I loved the atmosphere and the staff. I will be staying here every time come to the Bay Area. The free breakfast was great.

A real treat to stay away from the rush, beautiful views of the bay.
    • Superior Queen Room

Kingsize bed is actually normal Double

Great location about 20 minutes drive from San Francisco, Really lovely look as you approach and lovely inside. Staff great.

Nice value and amazing ammenities for such a resonable price.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Initially, I was told the shuttle had a 3 mile radius. This time I was told that the shuttle had a 2 mile radius and would not take me to a business 1/2 mile outside the 2 mile radius. They picked me up one more time but would not do this in the future. In the past, Uber has ignored my request for pick-up so the shuttle is my only way back.

Freshly-cut fruit and good variety in their breakfasts. Flavio, the daytime shuttle driver was dressed so well that I thought he was a waiter. He was very polished and pleasant.

The location was perfect.

No complaints

The location was perfect. We rode our bikes along the waterfront. Safe place. Friendly staff. Shuttle bus available. Got tub was warm and clean. No complaints.

Great Location and value :)
    • Superior Queen Room

Great location if you are traveling from Oakland Airport. 20 minute (ish) drive into San Francisco too :) Breakfast selection was good and reception put out free cookies every day at 5pm! Great helpful staff, would recommend staying here if you need a few nights by the airport.

My stay was fantastic!

I liked everything

Peaceful friendly comfortable. I was traveling alone, arrived at 10:00 pm after a very long day and the atmosphere and the staff made me feel like I came home. There was a fire in the fireplace, the Presidents State of the Union on tv and a cup of herbal tea ready for me. The breakfast had healthy options which is huge to me because I don’t eat sugar or flour. I saw a lunar eclipse over the boats in the SF bay marina! They thought of everything. It was a quick drive to the airport and a gas station on the way to fill up rental car tank. OAK airport is also quite nice, very friendly, easy and relaxing. The combination of Marina Inn, Hertz, and OAK was stress free travel. I’m grateful!

Good value and location (relative to the airport).
    • Superior Queen Room

Shuttle is not 24/7. Not available after 10:00 PM. Not sure about the first shuttle start time.

For the price it was a clean, spacious. A free breakfast (waffles, yogurt, cereal, no meat) was included as was an airport shuttle (limited hours, however). Checkout time is noon (staff is flexible on checkout time provided it's not high occupancy).

Everything we needed for a comfortable stay besides the noise from the people all night from above
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

We didn’t like that during our last night there, there were people staying above from us and they were super loud disturbing our sleep all night. The reason why I requested for a top floor so this didn’t happen but I was not able to get a top floor. But besides that it is as a good stay

We really like the view and the location and the staff was friendly

Perfect location to enjoy the harbour, visit SFO and to relax!
    • Superior Queen Room

Perfect service especially the shuttle service to the station! We enjoyed the atmosphere a lot and the harmony at the breakfast fire place!!! We will definitly come again and try to stay in The Marina Inn!!!

Good and enjoyable.

The rooms should be setup better to accommodate multiple electric devices - having USB charging ports available in the light fixtures. This is not a complaint, just a suggestion.

Room was comfortable and clean. The free breakfast had lots of options. Shuttle drivers to/from the airport are nice and informative.

The breakfast was really good.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The sheets were okay. It was clean which was important but not that soft. Room smelled a little musty.

The breakfast was really good. Many more options than i expected and nicely presented. The overall experience was comfortable.

No longer worth the price.
    • Superior Queen Room

Each time I come here the room gets worse and the price gets higher. I paid twice as much this time for a small, older room with a soft bed and a view of the parking lot. For some reason, the room shakes violently several times a day. I thought it was an earthquake, but I'm guessing it's a laundry room below.

I've come here frequently for the location -- close to Bay Area clients but near water and a walking park. It's a little out of the way, so the price used to be lower than other hotels.

It was clean, nice, affordable and the marina was a plus!!!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

A little traffic noise here and there, not real bad though. It was not built for tall people, if you are 6’ 5” or above you may want to watch your head.

They offered a free shuttle to Oakland Airport. After dropping my son off at college, I needed somewhere close to the airport to fly back home. This hotel met all my needs.

Very nice.

Nothing really.

It was Christmas when we visited, we loved the roaring open fire in the lobby, and the lovely Christmas tree and comfy armchairs next to it! Also we had a very good breakfast buffet. Also liked the fact that the hotel had a shuttle bus for the airport which also took us to a local shopping mall as we had some time to kill before an onward flight. Nice surroundings too!

I wish could stay longer.

I didn’t stay longer !!!! Lol

Everything was 4 star no doubt about it , I loved everything the scenery of the Marina, boats, water, the fact that you could walk around the water listening to music nice and relax, that was the greatest thrill for me.

Very clean.

Very clean. Location was excellent for our needs. Although close to the Oakland airport, room was quiet and private. Great view of the Marina at sunset.

Overall it was a great stay, we would come again.
    • Superior Queen Room

The breakfast was mediocre. I was looking for a little more variety. I know it didn’t specify a cooked to order breakfast but even some eggs would have been nice. Also, the walls are thin, so you can hear everything that your neighbor is doing or saying.

They allowed us to check in early, which is a huge plus because we had just arrived after a 13 hour drive. The beds and the pillows were super comfy! It’s located fairly close to everything; 30 minute drive to San Francisco or 15 minute drive to the Bart station.

Comfortable stay with nice surroundings

Breakfast was good, but for someone avoiding sugar and carbs it was seriously lacking. The diet took a hard hit.

Very nice staff, comfortable bed, nice views.

Busy and enjoyable. The accomodations and view helped to unwind after a busy day!

No complaints! --But would have hated missing the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies when they ran out in the evening.

The views of the bay and marina were incredible. I even enjoyed the noise from my backporch (just right decibel level) from the airports hearing the planes come and go. I'll book here on all future trips to OAK. *****

Wonderful hotel!

Not enough parking.

Clean. Easy access from freeway. Nice sized rooms and bathrooms. Loved the wine and cheese offering during "happy hour." Friendly staff.

Pretty Awesome!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

My biggest complaint is that the bathroom is really really small, an toilet is stuffed in the corner. Other than that no other complaints! :)

The staff was super nice! The view of the Marina was so nice! Good variety of breakfast items. The room was clean, beds little hard, shower was amazing! Overall great place and will come back! :)

Hotel is well looked after, clean, comfortable, affordable, and breakfast is really good!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

We did have a bathroom situation (maybe because bathroom is a bit out dated), but they handled it quickly and it wasn't a problem after. Over all place is great and I'd stay again & recommend. Only note its about a 20min drive into San Fransico. FYI they have cookies at front desk late afternoons, they where yummy!

Pleasant, easy stay in clean accommodations
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Need a second lock on the doors - not because the hotel was unsafe but because those of us who travel extensively are accustomed to a second lock - just a comfort level thing.

Great shuttle service. Staff super friendly. Really clean accommodations. Food delivery from Horatio's (next door) was great.

Nice hotel, ok breakfast, comfy bed and unreliable shuttle booking
    • Superior Queen Room

They have a free shuttle bus that should take you to the bart station or airport basically whenever you want... but be prepared to wait. They would have made us wait 45min for the shuttle at the bart station. First time when I called they said that the shuttle bus driver is driving somebody somewhere and it would take another 10-15 min for them to come back and pick us up then and that they'd call us again when they are coming. After a 15 min wait I called again and first they said that they had not spoken to me at all (?) and then when I said that well somebody answered the phone then they said that the shuttle will be at the bart station in half an hour... Also they insisted that this is what they had told me the first time (now they agreed that they had talked to me after all). So we took the Lyft instead - it is not a long drive. When I brought this up the next day as we were booking the shuttle to the airport the lady in the reception said that it was because of the time when I called last night... So basically what they say is that the shuttle will pick you up on request but then what happens in reality might be different. Going to the airport was easier and when we finally got in the bus the shuttle bus driver was super nice - it is only the booking part that sucked. Also no apologies whatsoever for keeping us waiting at the station. Not the best customer service policy.

The hotel had a really nice pool and a hot tub! (Would have been nice if they had offered bathrobes too for the walk from the room to the pool area...) Breakfast was actually quite nice - just a little bit upgraded from the usual toast&jam&cereal buffe. They had grits, fruit salad, you could make your own waffles too - and they had vegan spread and soymilk so that was a bonus. Beds were comfy and the area was nice.

It is a clean, comfortable hotel and we stay there quite...

Breakfast could be better quality.

It is a clean, comfortable hotel and we stay there quite often but the rates are high so sometimes we stay elsewhere. I have tried to inquire about corporate rates and have never received a call back.

Room was great, little extra’s unexpected and service...
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was great, little extra’s unexpected and service amazing. I was going to miss my flight so the security guard drove me to the airport. Shout out to him, he saved my life. What a lovely man. Would definitely stay here again.

So Good that we are coming back at the end of our California Tour, prior to flying home.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Nothing, although we have enjoyed better coffee ( no complaints though!)

First-Class cleanliness, very accomodating shuttle service. BART rail service into San Francisco a Tourist’s bonus - Marina Inn shuttle helpful plus !

Good size rooms with the amenities we've become...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Breakfast selection is minimal. The free standing closet in the room appears to be an after thought.

Good size rooms with the amenities we've become accustomed to.

Was Not Happy At All Would Love A Refund Had To Pay Extra For That Crappy Place
    • Superior Queen Room

When I Got There The Sliding Door Was Closed Both Staff Members Seen Me Standing Out In The Cold One Walked Off The Other Staff Member Kept Talking On The Phone Like He Didn't See Me When We Looked At Each Other When I Walked Up If This Couple Wasn't Walking Out The Door For It To Open I Really Don't Know How I Would Have Gotten In Cause I Didn't See Another Entry

I Asked For A View Of The Marina I Was Put In A Down Stairs Room Where You Couldn't See The Marina Due To The Bushes Blocking The View, You Couldn't Sit Out In The Chairs To View Marina You Had To Say Standing To See

We may return; it was quiet and comfy.

Breakfast. Although advertised as closed after 10, staff was putting everything away by 9:45. The room we stayed in also had some blemishes. There was a missing light fixture and the carpet around the bed seemed unvacuumed.

The bed was great. The noise level was also fantastic.

Lovely setting and good facilities
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Second stay for us and again impressed by general facilities and staff. Quiet, but depends on neighbours of course. View of the Marina. Easy parking outside. Good variety for breakfast. Decent restaurant for evening food, (Horatios) next door.

Great marina location, close to high class restaurant
    • Superior Queen Room

Expensive when Conventions are taking place.

Very convenient for Oakland International Airport. Situated on the edge of the marina. An excellent restaurant is only 100 yds away across the car park

Comfortable and good location for my visit
    • Superior Queen Room

What I didn't like: I wrote three e-mails to the hotel desk (via booking.com and to their info and rsvn addresses) for info I needed. I got no answers. Eventually I called and got the info I needed. Pop machines on floors 2 & 3 don't work properly, but the desk knows this and refunds your money. They hope to replace the machine on floor 3. Rooms can be a bit noisy due to proximity of Oakland Airport.

What I liked: Location (near the event I was attending), free airport shuttle, friendly desk staff, and comfortable room (quieter than last time I stayed there.)

Charming in every way!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Only would change the coffee brand, the Inn was perfect otherwise.

The Inn was immaculately clean, wonderful breakfast, stunning view, great parking, excellent restaurant next door and most importantly excellent, free shuttle service with a very helpful, kind staff! Loved it!

We enjoyed it thoroughly.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Long walk to our room from the check-in area.

Great location, right on the marina with a lovely ocean breeze. Staff were very pleasant. Good breakfast. The bowl of juicy apples at reception was a nice touch.

Great hotel near San Francisco and Oakland.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great deal on a last minute booking. :) Good size room, comfortable beds, great breakfast and wonderful thematic marine interior. Location good for those who are looking for a nearby hotel to San Francisco or Oakland airports.

I loved the lobby.
    • Superior Queen Room

Was and ok room, but for the price, i really expected better as i had had a great experience the day before at the Radisson and paid much less. Their gym was tiny, i couldn't find sockets to charge my devices and the room was not as large. The breakfast was not great, but just ok. Free shuttle to the airport was helpful.

I loved the lobby. Beautiful welcoming ambiance with a fire place. They have a hot tub and pool which unfortunately closes at 10!!! So didn't get to try it out.