Reviews of Budget Inn 2 stars

5.6

5.9

Less than average
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Property manager/owner forced me to pay upon my arrival, which goes against the guidelines of bookings.com. I am very frustrated with his unwillingness to comply with bookings terms and I feel they should be removed from your listing.

Nothing stood out to like.

Horrible
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Nothing, owner rude and obnoxious. No visitors allowed and I got bed bugs. Dirty holes in wall toilet lid broke and tub fixtures broken. Hated it!!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Expensive and bad quality
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Not enough towels, bad shower, hard noisy mattress, no coffee maker. Terrible tiny egg container at the front desk, couldn't be called breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Though the rooms aren't as they look like in the photos.
    • One King-Size Bed Room

Housekeeping could be improved. Photos should be updated to how they look today.

Though the rooms aren't as they look like in the photos. The staff were awesome worked with us in exchanging rooms and nice. Easy access to the freeway.

we were booked for two days and left after the first day because we were so uncomfortable.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The bathroom ceiling had patchwork on the it. The fans were filled with very thick dust. The tub had tape on it holding parts in place. The toilet plumbing was horrible.

We need a place to stay while making trip up north at halfway point. We made our trip safely.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

"Breakfast included" was poured cereal in a plastic bin.. Sliced muffins (just a few) and hot coffee. Beds were extremely uncomfortable and overall cleanliness was poor. Location seemed very sketchy as well. Lots of people traffic after hours.

Would not stay at this property again. Not much to like.

Wife was not too excited or comfortable, as such nor was i.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Walls and baseboard filthy and coming off wall. Room generally dingy and unclean I.e. light switches, phone, etc. Needs serious improvements.

Big HD tv. New flooring.

It was one of the most unpleasant stays I’ve had
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The room was outdated. I haven’t seen a phone that old since the 80’s. The bathroom smelled like curry. There was no soap, the bed wasn’t comfortable. The continental breakfast was a joke. It’s one of the worst places I’ve ever stayed in, and for the price! Insane. Never again.. I think this place has completely turned me off of hotels, and I’m going to only use AirBnB from now on.

Not much to like about this place. Maybe location close to the freeway

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Not luxurious, but very decent
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

I stopped at SLO just for one night, to visit the traditionnal Farmer's Thursday Market. I only needed a basic place to stay overnight, close to the Hwy, providing free parking/breakfast/WiFi, not far from the market, and not expensive. I found all I needed at Budget Inn. There has been no surprise. They met my expectations and I was satisfied.

Nice place
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The cigarette butt on the balcony and the remote didn’t work and when I asked the manager about it he attempted to reprogram it and when he didn’t succeed he said to make due.

The room amenities and design were excellent

Overpriced for the quality. Room was dirty and outdated. Breakfast was a joke.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Rooms were dirty. Sheets were musty. Shower and bathroom were outdated. It was laking any sort of comfort level. Did not sleep due to the noise all night, guests running up and down stairs. This was not a " budget" on my wallet but more of an expense on my hygiene.

I can't say anything positive about this stay.

The room was large and had a big bed in it.
    • One King-Size Bed Room

Bathroom was not in the best state, with the tiles and sides of the baths flaking off. The walls were exceptionally thin and we were woken repeatedly during the night, including at 4am, by other guests (obviously not the hotel’s fault but with thicker walls we might have slept through it). At breakfast there was no milk, juice or spoons, but staff did sort this when we brought it up.

The room was large and had a big bed in it. There was also a TV, fridge and microwave. We were on the upper floor which was only accessible by stairs, so if you have limited mobility you’ll need to request a room downstairs.

great location, easy to find and the rate was awesome for a...
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

some of the staff were rude, on 1 of the beds the top comforter was dirty had to takw off thankfully took extra blanks to cover with

great location, easy to find and the rate was awesome for a last minute booking

A good place for an over night stay.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The motel is old , and the bath towels are too small. The bath tub had paint stains in it.

the rooms are very spacious, and its in a very good location I like that there was a refrigerator and a microwave.

Non smoking room smelled like smoke.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Non smoking room smelled like smoke. The worst I have been in. The booking said the room held 2 adults and 3 children. It had only 2 queen beds - no roll away available. Ridiculous and completely misleading. No lamp shade on the wall sconce. Breakfast worthless. Muffins and 2 kinds of cereal from Costco. Muffins quartered. Gross and watered down orange juice, bad milk, coffee. Managers are from India and borderline rude, and the lobby (a small shoe box size) smells like curry. You can get so much better for $20 more.

It was ok for the money but i dont think we would stay there again for the reasons above.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

NO tea facilities you always need a drink when you come back from a day out. Needs a bit spending on repairs and a very miserable front desk lady.

Location and cleanliness and bed was comfortable!

Sub-standard. The management is needlessly cheap and fails to fix hazardous conditions.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Poorly maintained facility. The whole window curtain and rod assembly fell down when I tried to close the curtain which luckily did not hit me on the head. The curtain rod was held onto the brackets with tape because the brackets were broken. I balanced the rod on the brackets and did not touch it so I was able to get privacy for the night. There were only 2 towels and 2 washcloths and the towels were not even large bath towels. There was a sign on the wall warning that if you left stains on the towels they would charge your credit card for the cost of the stained towel!

Adequately clean, good parking, good location, no bugs.

Book Somewhere else
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The owner/Staff was constantly watching us like a Hawk, I was just released from the ER prior to leaving out of town with my children, i went to my car to get my medicine, the owner made me feel uncomfortable and like i was doing something illegal. I asked for a Rollaway bed, if available, and an extra pillow the owner's first response (with attitude) said, "why, how many people in the room and insisted on taking me 1 flat pillow and basically entered the room to verify the # of guest. I have a son that did not want to sleep with his sister, that's why I asked for the rollaway. I have Managed a La Quinta Inn & Suites for 8 years now, never would I or any of my staff make our Guests feel uncomfortable or have attitude with our Guests. Only reason I stayed there was because the Flag I work for was sold out. Other than the OWNER being creepy, for being an old property it wasn't that bad, but I will never stay there again or refer this location. Not worth the discomfort or feeling like a criminal, and I was alone with 4 children, I did not feel safe because of Ownership.

The property is old and needs to be updated, however it was clean.

I liked that it had a balcony and a garden area to bbq.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Office staff/owners not very friendly, not accommodating. The lady spoke no English at all. They advertise a full breakfast. It was more like a continental breakfast. The hotel felt like a personal injury waiting to happen. Squeaky floors, bed and very rough towels that felt like sandpaper. No laundry facility on grounds. Overall would not stay there again!

I liked that it had a balcony and a garden area to bbq.

you get what you pay for breakfast was disappointing ...
    • One King-Size Bed Room

see above and workers staying there took up handicapped spaces manager said nothing he could do about it

you get what you pay for breakfast was disappointing muffins cut in fourths cereal milk and juice in pitchers with 3oz cups served on a side counter in a space 4x6

Not Happy with this hotel.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Room pictures were not the same as shown on Booking. ——-How was this property offered on Booking ? The towels were like rags —- That HAD been used for many many years. The closet was one small rack out in the open. Walls were patched. We were there for 4 nights. We couldn’t move because the Motel charged $515.00. Immediately when we checked in. We hadn’t seen the room. If I could have afforded it I would have moved to another hotel but I couldn’t lose the money.

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.
    • One King-Size Bed Room

Everything. The price was too high for the condition of this hotel. I would never stay here again and never recommend anyone stay here. I was very disappiointed. I even went to Target and bought my own bedding for the weekend.

Nothing. Not one thing.

Very low quality. The previous reviews were good so we picked it but went go back
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The bathroom wall was broken from door handle. The bathroom ceiling exhauat fan was very dirty. The bottom mattress was wrapped in a dirty terricloth fabric. The towels were old and of poor quality The breakfast was cereal and a cut up one forth of a costco muffin.

If you need a bed for less, this is a fine spot.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

If you need a bed and a bathroom for little money, then this hotel is fine. All that you need. Bed slept nice and bathroom is also every thing you need.

Beds were comfortable rooms clean easy freeway access
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Booked another night was told needed to check out then back in but then made a big deal knocking at our door to hurry up then tried to charge more but got it resolved

Beds were comfortable rooms clean easy freeway access

You get what you pay for, don’t recommend
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The management were incredibly rude. We asked upon checkin to add the $10 for a one hour late checkout but at 11:01 we had wild knocking and the manager basically yelled at us to leave or pay on the spot the other $10. It was insane. Also, there is not “breakfast” available. It’s cheap coffee and one cereal dispenser.

The room was clean, but obviously this is only somewhere to stay if you need a low cost option.

Only if nothing else available.
    • One King-Size Bed Room

Website stated amenities. These didn't exist...no coffee maker, no shampoo, NO SOAP...I mean come on...way over priced for one star property.

Warmly greeted on arrival by front desk.

Bad experience
    • One King-Size Bed Room

Head board hit the wall every time you moved in the bed. Unpainted patch work on the walls. No electrical outlet at either nightstand. Very loud talking people hanging outside until 9:00 pm . I had to call the front desk about it.

Bad experience

Would not recommend.
    • One King-Size Bed Room

The door to the room didn't seal tight so there was a little breeze through the room. The freeway noise was terrible. The walls were so thin my daughter and I could hear every obscenity shouted in the next room where there seemed to be a domestic dispute.

The town is nice, this hotel was not.
    • One King-Size Bed Room

It was expensive for such a run down hotel on such a busy road. There were people yelling on the streets at night. The screen was out of my window in my room. It was ghetto and the most expensive room on my trip.

The check in process was quick

Ok for a night, maybe.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The beds were uncomfortable and made alot of noise, so did the floor. Not enough towels. Kleenex ran out. I left very itchy. I was cold and it was very noisy due to a on ramp highway close by.

It had two pieces of soap, two bottles of hand lotion were nice. I asked for extra towels, they gave me one.

A roof for a 1 nighter
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The towels were stained!!! They advertised coffee maker but there was no coffee maker .The beds were horrible. My back is killing me and I have a headache. My pillow had tiny stains on it. The ceiling in the bathroom was literally falling down. It smelled like old, dirty, hotel. The baseboards and walls were dirty. There were scuffs in the paint every where, gouges in the walls. The bathtub was old and gross. The office space was tiny, it smelled horrible, from the family who worked there, they were cooking. It had a tiny counter top where they had the advertised “free breakfast”

It was a roof over our heads for a 1 night short stay. It was close to college freeway and several eatery’s were with in walking distance. You could tell they had recently remodeled a little, maybe paint and floors, it was a cute rustic old look.

It's a budget hotel at a budget price, So don't expect to much. Good Location.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

lol…The breakfast was muffins cut into little pieces, and cold cereal poured into a plastic container. But at least they had coffee.

Close to the freeway, Close to downtown, Close to the school…Restaurants are close by too.

Not worth the price.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Poor customer service, people smoked inside their rooms. The room was falling apart. There was a huge opening on the restroom ceiling. Wires ran across the room for the cable and the sink was falling apart. But they still warned you about staining their towels or they would over charge you for them lol.

I guess it was close to the downtown. Other then that, nothing.

Room generally not clean.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Room generally not clean. Towels with stains which we were not comfortable using. Check-in not exactly friendly. Very noisy, had to use earplugs for sleeping. No breakfast was provided even though it should have been included according to description.

To sleep only
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The walls are thin. I could hear the conversation of my neighbours. The breakfast was not what I expected (muffins, cereals, juice and coffee) and you had to eat in your room...

Sushi place next to the hotel. Comfy bed.

Everything was fine except for the ants and the issue with the owner who tried to scam me
    • One King-Size Bed Room

I think the owner is a crook. Long story don't really want to go into it.

There was a huge ant problem in the bathroom they were coming in from some hole that went outside I think.

You get what you pay for...
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

There was a hole in the bathroom ceiling, No screens on the windows, a hole behind the bathroom door, stain on the blanket.

The location was great. The staff was friendly.

Never again
    • One King-Size Bed Room

Breakfast buffet? Horrible. Just 1/4 muffins and cereal and disgusting coffee. Furniture is very old. On the reception is bad smell. Everything is old and ugly. Man on the reception wasn’t nice.

Won't be staying there ever again..
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The whole room smelled so bad like a musty stinky bathroom. The shower and tub were so disgusting I was afraid to use them and the toilet was leaking water. Wall plugs and towel racks were falling out of the walls. The people upstairs woke us up multiple times from walking around and the water pipes were very loud inside the wall. Also the microwave started beeping all by itself at 4 am and the floors were so dirty it turned our socks black.

It was a good location and close to downtown SLO.

I won't stay at the Budget, Rodeway or I would say Cold place to bring your family or recommendatio
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

It was good food but the motel was bad.

Everything was fine but I was unable to receive calls to my room after 9:30pm. So my daughter was upset.Always owners watching us and others. Expecting to find something out of place or I'm really not sure what was happening..

I have stayed at a Budget Inn before in St Cloud, Mn which was just as bad.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Confused receptionist, dilapidated building, toilets left out in parking lot, blood stains in bathroom, slow draining tub, stained tub, I could go on.

Close to the theater.

Location and price was fantastic but I might just spend more to not feel so dirty.
    • One King-Size Bed Room

The hotel is very outdated and so old that it looks and feels very dirty. I almost thought of leaving.

Location and price were the only positive things about this hotel. Sheets felt clean.

Uncomfortable, dirty, and now itchy.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The bed bugs!! I woke up with bug bites on my arms and legs. I went and showed them and they told me that there’s no bugs because they spray. I told them they need to recheck because I woke up with bites and was very itchy. Also the towels were hard, very uncomfortable bed and blankets, small pillows, mold in the tub, dark lighting, missing light bulbs, and no iron materials in room. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to stay here. It wasn’t worth the $290 I spent for two nights. I am still recovering from the bug bites and cleaning all of my items in hopes none of the bugs got on my stuff.

The location.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The door of the room seemed unsafe. Like someone could just hit it and it would open. The room had an odor. And there was hair in my shower. 🤬😡

The location. The fact that there was a refrigerator and a microwave.

We waited in line for like 15 minutes to check in, the...
    • One King-Size Bed Room

We waited in line for like 15 minutes to check in, the bathroom was super outdated and gross and the room didn’t smell that great. Also the “continental breakfast” was a bucket of lucky charms inside the tiny check in area. The folks down the hall from us had to leave because their room smelled like cigarette smoke. We stayed at the motel 6 for the same price last time we were in SLO and it was much cleaner, brighter and more friendly.

Very old looking, not well maintained.
    • One King-Size Bed Room

Very old looking, not well maintained. Traffic all night long to get on the 101 South freeway and the walls were like paper. Could hear my neighbors 1 hour coughing fit at 3 in the morning. Never staying there again.

Nasty
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The roof over the bathtub was rotted and cracked open really big so you could see up in the roof. There was 2 huge clumps if hair from a previous guest stuck to the shower wall so you could definitely tell the bathroom hadn’t been cleaned. The shower curtain had mildew on it where the curtain lays against the tub. No iron or coffee in the room.

Bed was comfy

Whoever was on reception needs training in customer service!
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Whoever was on reception needs training in customer service! Very poor customer interaction skills. The breakfast they advertise - you had a very small selection - miserly - at the reception counter and had to take it away as there was no where to eat it. If you can't do breakfast properly, don't offer it! The partial repairs that had been undertaken in our room were amateurish and not finished, such as the toilet roll holder was still broken. Worst accommodation we have stayed in during our past month of travels.

You get what you pay for.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Located right off the freeway, on a on ramp. If insulation were increased and windows updated, I might have been able to sleep. Most of the lighting fixtures were missing lightbulbs although they provided enough light. It just looks tacky. Effort was made to upgrade the bathroom, but tub had either paint or plaster or grout on it. Breakfast included consisted of cold cereal and some pastries, but no protein.

Adequate property for lodging on the cheap. Property was old, but attempts to update have been made. New paint gives the room an updated feel.

Miserable night super noisy neighbors.I was so cold and heat didnt work
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The noise from other tenants.Garbage up and down walkways upstairs.No heat.Not enough towels.And no hair conditioner.

The lady i checked out with was very kind and understanding.Bed was comfortable.

Slept poorly, left early.
    • One King-Size Bed Room

This motel has had a rough life and it shows, everywhere you look: lots of cigarette burns around the room, broken tiles, crumbling sheet rock. The walls are thin, the neighbors were loud, and the pillows were flat. The price was low, and, yes, you get what you pay for!

The stay was okay.
    • One King-Size Bed Room

Did not like that we had trouble closing the door, not many pillows that supported my head, crack on the wall where the bath was, and the bed cover was old & had a noticeable rip.

Bed was big.

Unpleasant
    • One King-Size Bed Room

The place is old and run down. I arrived after a long 5 hour drive and was too tired and it was too late to find another place. Needs to be torn down and rebuilt. The towels and sheets were dingy!!!

It was close to the event that I was attending to that...
    • One King-Size Bed Room

If property did not look like anything in the pictures they must have been old pictures. The beds were a little hard and not what I expected

It was close to the event that I was attending to that weekend that made it a plus. But the rooms were very clean and the staff did give us extra pillows and we're very polite

Overpriced weekend rates
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Man in office ? owner doesn’t seem to have any help and is probably a one man operation and seems burned out. Not very welcoming on arrival. Broken handle on shower , non working telephone which was brought to the attention of the owner but nothing was done about it. Rug was not tacked along the baseboard and was falling down . Stucco peeling

It had a mini fridge

Bargain price.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Noisy. It was a Thursday night but people outside and around were loud well past midnight. In-room fridge turned on loudly every couple hours.

Bargain price. Easy to access from Hwy 101. Manager was willing to put out breakfast twenty minutes early for our morning departure.

We won't be staying here again!
    • One King-Size Bed Room

We didn't eat breakfast there because it only consisted of cereal and muffins from Costco cut into fourths. The bed was very uncomfortable: the mattress was hard and the pillows were dirty and flat. Also, there was a chair with an ottoman that was very stained and filthy; it was gross. The microwave did not work.

We didn't like anything.

Good for short stays and need to be near the airport.

The curtains had many little nicks in fabric that let in light. Chairs showed extreme ware. The room clean but the dark stains on back and arms of chair discouraged me from sitting on it.

Close to airport. Surprisingly quite. Good parking and Ihop right on property.

Unfriendly staff and property needs renovation. Will not stay there again
    • One King-Size Bed Room

The hotel needs updating - the bathroom is old and looks dirty w/ black stains and rust. Pretty rundown.

Nothing - staff not friendly and the property needs updating. Strongly NOT Recommended

My room had a hole the size a quarter above the toilet and...
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The room appearance and room safety.

My room had a hole the size a quarter above the toilet and no screen on the widow. It's a ground floor unit. Bedroom screen had been pried open.

We would not stay here again and would work harder to find a pet friendly laternative
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Grounds were solid cigarette butts and trash. Dried out weeds and grass. Pet friendly but the grounds were hazardous to walk a pet. Tub was not cleaned from previous tenant Bed and room a little rough

Let friendly

Comfortable and a great value for the money.
    • One King-Size Bed Room

The mattress was a bit to firm for me but not the worst I have ever slept on.

The bed was satisfactory. A little hard for me but not bad. The room was large and very clean. The property and area were very safe. The office staff were nice and very helpful. Will stay here again soon.

So bad
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The room isi too noisy; the fridge, the air-conditioning from the neighbours... i the toilet was not clean. There is 1window without curtains, so at 6h it enters too much light for sleeping. People in the looby are not kind.

The beds are bigs

Definitely not fancy, but clean and convenient.
    • One King-Size Bed Room

Overall appearance of the exterior is a little offputting - looks a little shabby and landscaping is nonexistent. Staff should be told to warn travelers that they charge the card the reservation is made with even if another card is used to pay at the hotel.

Convenient location close to downtown and freeway. Room was clean and relatively quiet.

Very noisy we heard people upstairs walking around late at...
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Very noisy we heard people upstairs walking around late at night then the bed squeaking for ages then walking around again. We hardly slept. Then breakfast was stale muffins cut into four & weak coffee.

It was easy to stay here whilst travelling to San Francisco.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

There was some dirty marks on the quilts, bath mat and towels. The breakfast was very limited and there was no where to eat it apart from in the room.

It was easy to stay here whilst travelling to San Francisco.

It served its purpose. You get what you pay for!
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The worst bed ever! My hip hurt all day and I don't have hip problems. The sink was clogged. The shower was very old. Thy had some appliances in the landscape area. Trashy looking.

Fairly close to where I needed to be. Checking out my sons appartment for college.

Not recommended
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

The first room we were offered had a bad smell coming from the bathroom. The second room air conditioner unit did not work. Both rooms looked nothing like the photos advertised on booking.com. There was no iron or ironing board.

Any complaint or request was taken care of expeditiously.

Great place to stay
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

I had left a personal item behind in the room and it was retrieved and kept. So when I called to notify the staff if it had been found they so generously mailed it to me promptly. Thanks Budget Inn

Glad we found a place to stay.
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Not worth what we pay for. The bathroom tub had paint chipping off. The bathroom wall had paint peeling off. I have stayed at better location for the same price or less. Would not book this location again.

Glad we found a place to stay.

Would NOT STAY AGAIN!!
    • One King-Size Bed Room

The room was to be non smoking..smelled like smoke. Room next door played music, sang, talked, SMOKE all nite. Told manger, he could cared less!!!

Dingy and not clran
    • Two Queen-Size Bed Room

Room was less than nice! Didn't feel clean... Carpet was coming up... There were patches on the wall that were not painted over! Overall it was a ripoff for $227.00

Comfortable extended stay
    • One King-Size Bed Room

The shower pressure and showerhead

The service was amazing especially housekeeping, they made sure our room was clean everyday and the towels were stocked w eryday

Nice quiet stay
    • One King-Size Bed Room

It's kind of old here, it's by the freeway, which wasn't too loud

I had read bad reviews on this place, but it was nice, very quiet & front desk was very polite & friendly.