Reviews of Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside 3 stars

4875 North Harbor Drive, Point Loma, San Diego, CA 92106, USA

#107 of 226 hotels in San Diego

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

First time I have ever had to pay for parking at a hotel where I was staying. Our building did not have a secured entrance. No continental breakfast.

Shuttle service, ease of adding a third person to the room, balcony

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Overpriced sundries. Way too many things were broken like the Jacuzzi. The pillows are awful. Bar (patrons and tender and room) was a bit creepy.

It was clean. Hotel staff was great.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Pool View

No microwave. Bathroom was a little small.

Stayed poolside and the room was quaint and lovely. The food at the Point Loma Cafe on-site has amazing breakfast. Our new favorite place to stay in San Diego.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Pool View

I was extremely disappointed my room was not available early as I requested. I arrived along with three other guests and their rooms were. I was told the cleaner had I have her lunch and it would be ready soon. I also thought I was getting a pool view( if you count the corner of the building and wi H a view of the lights on top of the bar and a faint blue pool view)

The beds were really comfy, the room was clean. Restaurant was awesome

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The smell in the room was not very nice upon entering and there were flying bugs in the bathroom about 30 of them. The air conditioner would blow cold and then warm.

The location and the staff were great!

• Superior King Room

We’re not notified by booking.com that there was a daily $16 charge for parking and they take Out a pretty hefty deposit

Extremely comfy bed, free bike access

We booked a King bed room. The bed was definitely a queen. We phoned the front desk and they said that is how they classified the room. We were too tired to make more of a fuss over a one night stay.

The location of the hotel is great. It is close to the airport with free shuttle. You can cross the street and walk along the harbor and experience some interesting dining there.

• Superior King Room

We traveled without a car and I did not like the fact that m grandsons who picked us up could only park for 20 minutes without purchasing a $16 pass. Obviously, we went off the property to visit. I think that charge is ridiculous considering the cost of the room.

• Room Selected at Check-In

So when we got to the hotel the staff says I had to pay an additional $14 to park my car!!...that's just ridiculous, but it was 9:30 pm so we paid. There was not complimentary drinking water in the room...which I've never experienced before...thinking it was an oversight i asked the lady at the desk, who noted there was a coffee maker, but water wasn't included and we'd have to buy elsewhere or from her - I told her to inform the management that is just ridiculous...she didn't seem to care - so I hope others read this, thanks

good bed. I also thought we booked with breakfast, but no

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I need a wheelchair at the curb at the airport, but I was dropped off across the street from the curb where one can get a wheelchair ;alone and with no one near to help me with my suitcase. I had to cross over a street in the opposite direction , go up an elevator and across another overhead and down another elevator to get a wheelchair. I have a bad back problem and was in tears of pain bythe time got to were I could check in. I should have been told that I could not be dropped off at the curb! I chose your hotel because of the 4:35a.m. Shuttle so that I could catch my 7:00a.m. Flight.

Bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Pool View

There was a power outage which I know hotel had no control over. During our stay, the carpet on walkway to our room was being replaced which made getting to and from the room hard. The last morning, I went to brush my teeth and the water had been turned off. When I called front desk they said that we should have received a note in our room about water being turned off. Unable to brush my teeth or take a shower before leaving hotel and traveling home.

Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Had excellent service and food at restaurant. We had the same waitress for all 4 days and she was great! Love where hotel is situated because it's close to many things we like to do in San Diego. Love the two different parts of hotel. Love the older feel and vibe of the old part of hotel and grounds by swimming pool but the newer part of hotel is cool too.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It cost $14 to park, and then there were no parking places near our building. We had to park on the other side of the next building over. There was no elevator, so we had to drag heavy suitcases up the stairs. The room was small and did not smell very well. There was very little counter space near the sink. The pillows were not comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Pool View

Was complicated finding the main building and parking. They are separated by the cafe.

Breakfast at Cafe Loma was great AA well as the pool and shuffle board and corn hole.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Although the room had two queen beds, the space was very cramped for a family of 4 and our luggage

Facilities were excellent. Room was very clean and comfortable

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was charged for parking, we were placed at the end of the hall and we had to walk all the way to the other end to come back in, instead of having more access from the exit closest to us. The building was far from the main entrance/front lobby, there was not a continental free breakfast like at holiday inn express suites. I paid a lot of money for no services. The pool was too busy for the amount of people that are at the hotel. The vending machines that were close did not have healthy options. With all that being said, I would still stay again but would want to be closer to swimming pool or lobby.

I liked the location.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Pool View

I had so many bed bug bits all over me the next day. I was there for two nights so on the second night same thing I had bits all over me. I brought to there attention that my phone in my room does not work twice no one came up to fix it. The tv remote did not work I told them that too. I did not bother to tell them about the bed bugs in my room because all the other issues where not taken care of. I am there to have a good time. Not to complain. The POOL was so filthy dirty I could not even go in same as the hot tub. Dirty dirty dirty it was like a cloud of brown in the water needless it was a gorgeous dirty pool. The water falls the flow though out the place where cleaner. You can hear doors slamming open and shut all day long . Had the person next to me come over and tell me to stop slamming the door. I told him its not me. The room was super clean staff very nice. I paid a lot of money to be there and it was a very very special trip for me because I had to fly out to meet people. I will never go back there again. Nor will I recommend the place. The breakfast was AWESOME waiter was super nice love love the food.

The staff was great and friendly .

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Superior King Room

Water pressure of the shower very weak, we paid $14 for parking a night but would have been nice if it was waived due to the repaving. This was an inconvenience as lots were closed.

Comfortable bed, quiet, mini fridge, friendly staff

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No hair dryer, no room service after 8 pm. (I had run 25 miles thar day and was looking for to a meal in my room.)

The beds were very comfortable, grear pillows. The shuttle service is key.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

View from room was over the car park, but someone has to have those rooms and we were hardly in it any way.

Fairly easy access to transport to get round San Diego and access to Fishermans Wharfe, Point Loma where we were catching a boat to go whale watching. Staff were extremely helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The parking entrance from the N. Harbor side was a bit confusing due to cars being parked on the road and it being night time when we arrived. But we eventually found it, after our third trip around the block. :)

The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel restaurant and bar were excellent. The staff every where were friendly, courteous, and professional!

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Room Selected at Check-In

I have given an accessible room, whose bathroom floor got flooded every time I used the shower. The staff refused to change my room, saying the hotel was full booked for the day, but never followed up on this issue.

A standard Holiday Inn that does its job. Great view of the bay.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not so much about not liking, more of an advice. Room 230 had a constant water/heating noise even though no heating (or cooling) or water were on...

I often come to this hotel for conferences or to stay before a flight out of San Diego. It's really convenient for eating out as well and the rooms are impeccable.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We used to really enjoy having access to the cruiser bicycles and riding the surrounding area for coffee or the parks. The bikes have fallen into such disrepair, usually now only one or two of the bunch is in fair enough condition to use. I'm more concerned of parts falling off or a break down than it's worth it to use. Maybe think about either a better covered storage location, or just actually having someone do occasional preventive maintenance.

Location, pool, exercise facility, shuttle service, landscapes.

• Superior King Room

Nothing. Everything was great.

The staff were very wonderful and helpful. We had such a great experience that we plan on returning next year, maybe even sooner. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Advertised as 24 hour shuttle bus service to airport - but starts at 04:30 - maybe not a problem, but if it starts at 04:30, it must stop at some time - this could be a problem for late/diverted flights.

We were only here from 16:00 to 04:35 but no problems - except my wife always complains about the lighting in 99% of hotel rooms - it is dim!

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Rooms not ready when we arrived after having booked them a week previously. We waited 2 hours for the rooms to be prepared. Employees including manager on duty at the front desk were rude and blocked our room phone when we tried to call later.

Rooms clean. Bed comfortable. Pool area and hot tub clean. The maintenance person dealing with room issues very polite and efficient. Cleaning staff polite and efficient. The cleaning staff worked hard to have a room ready for us after we arrived.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Ti baad they dont have any other room vecause they were full. Breakfast voucher for 30 at their restaurant which is not bad at all.

They receive the reservación late night and they receive us inmediatly. No rush at all.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Did not know it was a glorified motel. Someone jiggled the door handle at 12:30Am while I was falling asleep. Didn't feel safe as a solo traveler. Not well lit either.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

The bed was super comfortable and I actually wish I had those pillows at home! 2 soft and 2 firm! The choices! Nice pool but could use a little extra shade. There are umbrellas but only at the upright chairs, not the lounge chairs. Good and fast service at the Point Loma Cafe.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No vegan options for breakfast. Pool is too small and Un interesting for the size and quality of the hotel.

Very conformable bed Nice room decor, simple but nicely done.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Pool View

The room was more of a motel setting, it had a mildew/musty smell. It was in the old buildings of the property and the "pool view" was really a view of the miniature golf course, pretty but not what I expected. I was very unhappy that I found pincher bugs on my baggage the next morning, which I did not pack with me.

I appreciate that the manager was accommodating because of the bug issue. I reserved 2 nights but only stayed 1 because of the bugs, so I had to make other arrangements. The newer part of the hotel was very nice looking.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Superior King Room

Noisy neighbors very late and they were smoking. Slow elevator and only one.

One of the best beds ever!!! I thought mine at home was good and this was better.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

An assault occurred in the parking lot when we were walking to our room. This made us feel very unsafe. House keeping kept trying to come in while we were still there (even with the do not disturb sign)

Check process was easy. Beds were nice.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Couldn't take family to Cafe. It was closed.

Staff was very friendly.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

inconvenience on how the rooms were powered and the lighting very poor

Food was excellent bed very comfortable and what

Room a bit warm.

Comfortable bed.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Spacious and easy check out. Beds were super comfortable

Friendly staff, they help out and help you save money anyway you can

close to airport

Business center its noisy small and only can use it for 15 min

The bay its near

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Heated pool was great especially when it was a little chilly out

shower faucets

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Long walk to building where room was

Clean & efficient hotel

Microwave in room.

Happy hour at the hotel bar..... 2 large firepits around table seating. Shuttle staff were very accommodating.

• Standard King Room

Get a king-size bed for yourself - you deserve it!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Room Selected at Check-In

Small room for bed size. Felt like a dorm room.

Was clean with amenities

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

$14 for outside parking; it should have been included.

Loved free breakfast in restaurant.

60s feel billed as an “economy” room. No complimentary breakfast

• Room Selected at Check-In

coffee in room could be better

room is nice, bed comfortable, overall cleanness, access to the swimming pool

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room's restroom was way too small for a family of four.

The staff here was very accommodating and had excellent communication skills.

• Superior King Room

Awesome and friendly staff, good food and drink specials.

• Room Selected at Check-In

There are no comments available for this review

No much

Nice pool area, handy mini shop. 10 minutes in Shuttle from SD Airport terminal 2. Comfortable beds.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Very small pool area for amount of rooms available.

Breakfast quality was very good.

Daily parking fee

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Clean, up to date! Very well kept, and very friendly service

Very comfortable

Everything was great

• Standard King Room

I was disappointed at having to pay an extra $14 for parking on top of the cost of the room.

Cleanliness

Accessible to downtown district

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Pool View

Very clean. Staff was very friendly. Very comfortable!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Superior King Room

I'm content with the service.

Fluffly pillows

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

We were pleased.

soft white fluffy sheets Plenty of nice white fluffy towels

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The motel style rooms are quite shabby and dated.

The food was astonishingly good.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I like the diner an the everything is close to the hotel

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Everything was graat

Wonderful location

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room in the older part of the Inn where stinky and too less space

Easy to find, good restaurant across the street

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The drivers at the door were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Everything looks great

The beds

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Superior King Room

They say that breakfast is included and it was a pastry.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2016

There was no tub mat in the bath room for our 2nd day do we had to use a towel so the would be no slipping. I think you need to change some of the bathrooms to walkin showers for older folks.

Ground floor for elderly.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2015

The old building

The old building was not good it smells bad and the a/c was not good then when we did complain they moved us to the new building which was much better .

• Reviewed: 18 December 2015

From check-in to departure date the staff was most helpful.While the checkin was made by kalia, the other two at the desk were very helpful too.THE ROOM WAS SPOTLESS!! The restaurant was a big surprise with great food.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

No view. Nasty smell. Noisy. Stay away from rooms 214, 215, 216! Huge disappointment. Nothing like the photos shown. Will never stay with holiday inn again.

Breakfast was good!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2015

Stains in carpet and drapes, no water till about 10 a.m. the next day, key stopped working, closest door was broken and kept getting in the way, breakfast was not all that.....overall not worth the price. Worst hotel I've ever stayed at and will never be coming back.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

We stayed two nights, however, room service did not clean our room while we were out. We also double checked to make sure that we did not leave any signs on our door. It was not a good feeling to come into our room after a long day of being out at the zoo and the room not being cleaned. This also means that we did not have fresh towels. Secondly, we ordered take out and my husband had to walk all the way to the lobby to retrieve plates. There should be a runner or a lobby in building B for convenience.

This location was relatively close to everything that we planned to see while in San Diego.

There are also 55 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.