Reviews of Sands Regency Casino Hotel Reno 3 stars

345 North Arlington, Reno, NV 85501, USA

#36 of 47 hotels in Reno

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Room was big and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Room - Dynasty Tower

We booked a room with king size bed, coffee machine and a refrigerator. When we arrived we were told that Sands does not guarantee the room we ordered and gave us a different room. Only after Booking was involved we got the right room. Overall the booking process took more than an hour. Outrages!! Opps we forgot to clean the room even-though we specifically requested.

Room was big and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Sands, it takes a kind of human to go there.

Everything but the room. Having to pay by card! 🙄

Sands is Sands, you get what you pay for. The rooms are value for money and clean. Good for sleeping and leaving. Shame you have to pay by card only!

For the amount of money we paid, the room was not that great.

The blow dryer didn't work. The picture quality on TV was bad. Towels were thin, small and rough

The view was nice. Comfortable bed. Nice shower and good location

Not worth the cost

Too expensive for the hotels overall condition. Ice machine was out of order. Hotel hallways, elevators & rooms need to be over hauled. Devore is very outdated and worn out. Not much gaming.

Easy access to Mel's Diner.

I always stay here and will continue to do so, next stay...

I think I got bit by something, tore the bed apart, but didn’t find anything

I always stay here and will continue to do so, next stay will be October 4

Never returning to stay at this hotel.

The room was dirty and smelled like an ash tray that we could not sleep. Even though I asked for quiet non-smoking room, they put us on side of the street with lots of noise and I found ashes on the floor at side of the bed. The blanket was smeared with someone's lipstick, towel on rack was dirty smeared with something black , floor in bathroom was dirty and there was trash obviously not swept or mopped. The elevator did not work to get to garage to leave, no sign posted how to get to the garage.

The server at the casino. Mel's diner close by, great hostess and servers. Great coffee!

Ageing property in good location.

Property is very tired and in need of updating. They advertise free airport shuttle, but hours are quite limited

Location is within walking distance of downtown restaurants, etc.

If you want to sleep this isn't the place...

Beds were the worst I've ever attempted to sleep in.. out of 3 of us no one was able to sleep.. had the floor not been crusty 2 of us agreed it would have been preferable.. add to that there was only decaf coffee in the room and tbe ac never cooled the room so it stayed horribly stuffy, it made for a horrible stay..

View was adequate. Room was clean... wouldn't hurt to shampoo the crusty spots on carpet though.. room was quiet

House keeping was very good if we needed something extra...

I had called two weeks prior to arriving and requested adjoining rooms the front desk person was very rude and told me that it didn't matter what the computer said that we were not going to get adjoining rooms.

House keeping was very good if we needed something extra they were very accommodating. The rooms were clean. It was nice having free wifi included in our hotel. Most of the staff was friendly.

Maintenance issues with the air conditioning and bathroom

Had difficulty with the air conditioning and bathroom. Which made the trip unpleasant.

Rooms were generally nice some people say they aren't clean but they appeared to be clean to my wife and I

The front desk staff was super accommodating.

The front desk staff was super accommodating. We were originally given a room with 2 beds, but originally thought we were getting a 1 king sized bed room and they switched us no problem. Thank you to Evelyn. The buffet was also really good! sand a great price. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

The location was good as it is right downtown.

The hotel is old and it shows. The rooms were run down looking.

The location was good as it is right downtown. Very simple but it works for a place to stay the night.

The beds are always comfortable and everything in the room...

The plug in the bath came out and I could not get it back in to give my son a bath but luckily he is old enough to shower. I was a bit disappointed that there were no comforters on the bed and no coffee pot in the room. I feel like the comforter and coffee pot are normally in every room of every hotel. However there was a thicker blanket in between the two sheets, I just found it weird that there was not a comforter on top.

The beds are always comfortable and everything in the room worked well. Everything was cleaned well prior to our stay and the pillows were nice and fluffy.

Good value for your buck

There wasn't much to dislike. The only thing I didn't care for was that you had to travel to a special elevator in order to get to the floor that had the gym and jacuzzi.

I was walking distance to the circus circus and other two that connected to it. Very friendly staff.

Fun at casino and drinks were awesome.buffet was a bit cold but I would go back ..ask more questions

Check in was the worst ever gave me the worst room and charged me extra for a 1st floor room said it was a 6th floor room..

Bartenders and casino slots also blackjack tables.

I felt safe and secure thruout my 3 day expenience.

AC quit working, wouldn't cool. Maintenance folks fixed it shortly after we reported the problem to the registration desk. The shades need some tender loving care so that the room can be darkened at night.

The room was clean and comfortable.

Price should have been less for the just above minimum room.

Balcony overlooked the construction dumpster. It was ok if we didn’t look down. The room did not have an extra blanket. skimpy on towels. We used washcloths to dry our hands because there were no hand towels. Room did not have a fridge, microwave or coffee pot! That’s really not Acceptable so we will not be returning guests. Added fees should be included in price of room for accurate advertising.

Room was clean and spacious with nice decor. The beds and pillows were very comfy. Elevators were convenient and close to room and parking garage. The balcony was nice.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Good

Requested non smoking room. But smelled smoke entire stay on our floor and from the adjacent room. . Would have liked a small refrigerator in room.

It was convent for what we were in Reno for

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Fail

We ended up canceling our booking two weeks hence and booked at another location. The room was dirty and the bathroom looked like it had been forgotten. It was very ... ew. People attitudes also sucked. It was very disappointing.

There was literally nothing very likable about this stay.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Nice hotel

Liked the property, but Booking.com mixed up the names of the two people on the room. As a result it was very hard to check in under my name.

Nice hotel

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

It was walking distance to main casinos and Circus circus...

Everything was outdated.. but I figured. My main thing was that the AC didn’t work as great. Weather out there was like in the 90s. So it was stuffy in the room. Didn’t really make my stay comfortable.

It was walking distance to main casinos and Circus circus for the kids.

Really old, worn-down: wallpaper falling off in our room.

Really old, worn-down: wallpaper falling off in our room. Much smaller assortment of restaurants than some of other casino hotels. Extremely slow complimentary internet (felt like the 90s was back)

It was easy to get to.

No coffee in the room

It was easy to get to. We have stayed at circus circus and disliked the long walk from the casino to the rooms (sometimes we where going in circles)

Very happy with the stay.

Very happy with the stay. We will stay there again especially on Hot August nights if there is any openings. I have been trying to make reservations but it says they are unavailable. Is there any way we can get on a waiting list?

Really good price.

The rooms were dated and the handicapped room for my grandmother had a step over tub which made getting a shower very difficult for her.

The staff was wonderful especially Tarun in security and all the bell desk staff.

Well never ho back or tell any one to go there

Bath tub was clogged. There was someones soap left in bathtub. Bug in sink. Floor didnt seem to have been mopped. Very dusty. When checking in the girl was very rude. Bad experience all the way around

Leaving.

No refrigerator. Bad neighborhood. Poor quality tv. Elevators were old slow and dirty. Too much money for the quality of the room. No microwave.

Leaving.

Great place for relaxing

Staff at the Copa Restaurant was very good. Manager was very helpful when selecting our meal. The front desk employees were very efficient and friendly.

Need more staff on holiday weeks.

No good lighting in the room, no frig for the price, and only one bellman available on a Saturday morning of a holiday week. Took us an hour and a half to get assistance!

Convenient, great food options.

I would rather sleep in my car.

No hot water to shower in The sink stayed on when you tried to turn it off so you had to slam it down The pillows we're like bouncy houses for our heads It never got cold in the room even after it ran all night The windows were not completely sealed so every time the train went by it was like an alarm clock The toilet seat was child size and broken on one hinge The TV signal was weak and barely watchable through the static. The sink drain hole had build-up of other's tooth paste and scum in it The bathroom trashcan was made for a child's play house We tried calling for housekeeping but no one picked up The check-in lady never gave us directions of what elevator to take or that they even had a color coded elevator system we had to figure that one out ourselves The hallways and room look rundown The wallpaper was peeling and bubbling

The bedding was clean Leveled garage to park your car in so you don't have to have it out on the street

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Will never ever stay here again.

Will never ever stay here again. And will never recommend this place to ANYONE!! Husband and I stayed there for 2 nights. I have NOTHING good to say about this hotel. Let me just start off by saying I felt like we were sleeping in a homeless community. There were broke down motor homes, and trailers parked all over the parking lot. We had a homeless man keep coming up to the ice machine outside our room filling up his cooler with ice. Then he went and got friends and they came up and were doing the same thing. I called the front desk to let them know it was very noisy and they were noisy. I was told she would send security up. Never saw security. One of the beds was broken. It sagged really bad in the middle. Every soda machine on every floor we went to was broke or out of order. Our shower had mold growing on the ceiling and the bathroom vent looked like it had never been cleaned. I took pictures of it. DISGUSTING! I would give this no stars if it would let me. Next time I will spend the extra money and go to a nicer hotel.

staff very pleasant rooms good size

the halls smelt like marijuana very steong anf leaked i to room i have little children so not appreciated reported x2 kept happening also beds could use replaced soft yet not enough ypu can feel harder parts.

staff very pleasant rooms good size

I will never stay here again

Our first room was absolutely disgusting. There was blood on the bathroom wall, mold on the he ceiling, the ac unit was hanging off. It was an accident waiting to happen.. Food and garbage in the ac unit. The fan in the bathroom looks to have never been cleaned, our beds looked laid on and had stains on them. And it smelled like cigarettes in the non smoking. Trying to get a new room was not easy. When they did switch us it was cleaner, but on the bed was a raw onion. Nasty nasty nasty!!! I tried getting in touch with management, but for some reason no one has answered me in over a week. The parking lot was sketchy.

The hot tub was nice

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!

When we first entered the bedroom it smelt like smoke! It was supposed to be a "smoke free" room. Secondly there was a leak in the bathroom sink. In the morning, trying to shower; it took over 10 minutes for the water pressure to even come on. The toilet paper was sand paper. You can't even see outside the window because of the stains. This was the worst experience at a hotel in Reno I've ever had.

I really enjoyed Mels and front desk ladies we're nice.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

It was an okay stay. I’ve had better for the price I paid for my room at the sands.

Rooms weren’t worth the price paid. Wall paper was peeling off everywhere. Major knicks and digs in the walls. The bathroom was not what it showed on the website. Not too sure how they auto generate a rating of 5.4 by my answers because I would give 2-3 out of 5 stars if I had the option.

The air conditioning

greatest anniversary day

We showed up for our 25th anniversary and the men at the counter by the name of Ben upgraded us from a to bed Queen to a king size bed with a jacuzzi tub on it people were amazing

It was very convenient to come down the elevator and hit the casino restaurants on both sides of the casino and employees were very friendly

Parking, desk staff

No coffee in room, soda machine didn't work,and casino staff I ordered a beverage and two hours later I still didn't have it

Parking, desk staff

Cheap but uncomfortable.

Noisy inefficient a/c. So loud it kept us awake as it turned off and on. Didn’t work properly so room was hot. Window doesn’t open so very stuffy. Thermostat cannot be turned lower than 68. We all woke up tired

Quiet. No lines.

Bed was OK, Great Location within walking distance of most...

Priced too high, requested an iron, never received it. Couple next door had a serious fight in the middle of the night, called security twice before they responded. Only warned couple, repeat the following night. No Frig or Coffee pot in room.

Bed was OK, Great Location within walking distance of most Casino's

perfect.

Soda machine in my hall did not work. Had to go to another floor.

we were there for hot august nights. It was great only two block walk to the cars. The rooms were comfortable. Hot water for shower. loved mels diner.

Nice larg rooms

Bathroom was large but the shower drain was slow. I hate taking a show and having water not draining. It look like I was getting ready for bath. But over all we had a great stay. Room was a little musty.

Room are very spacious and clean.

Last time we'll stay there!!!!

1. The internet sucked, it kept dropping off. 2. The A/C didn't work right, it didn't get the room cooler till 3am. 3. The TV picture was so grainy, it was the cheapest TV you could find. 4. The whole time we were there the Ice Machine on the 6th. floor didn't work. 4. Then the one on the 7th floor started working only part time. 5. The area where we parked our cars wasn't large enough. 6. The area where we parked the trucks with trailers was a cluster F--K. Everybody just parking where ever and it became really hard to get in and out.

nothing except the Bell Hops!!

Pleasantly Surprised!

Very large and very nice rooms We were pleasantly surprised. Comfortable bed and pillows. When we arrived in Reno the roads to the hotel were blocked due to Hot August Nights. Called the hotel and the lady we talked to got out a map and talked us there street by street until we were parked. Super impressed by that. Dinner was very reasonable and very good. Will definitely stay there next time we're in Reno.

I slept here.

The rooms are dirty, smelly, old and just plain awful. Probably the worst I’ve ever stayed in. Their is black mold in the bathroom, and zero presentation in the room.

Restaurant bar was okay.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Good location.

Seems outdated and a little ran down. Would be an awesome place if they updated the casino and rooms.

Good location. Close to downtown bars and nice casinos.

Room to improve

It seemed like d exhaust fans were not working well, cigarette smoke was very strong even in our rooms. We went to visit our friends who were staying at the Peppermint, and we can barely smell the cigarette smoke in their room. It’s not the updated look of the hotel, it’s how the customers feel when we are inside our rooms resting.

I liked d easy access to our room

So over all I will stay at the sands again in the future

It was very noisy due to , I found out it was a train.

The staff was great. When you need something and you let them no they accommodate you at a timely manner.

Heaven

Smoke in casino. I have asthma and not good for me.

They went beyond to help us. We ask for a fridge they brought it up. We also were ask if we wanted the room clean and extra towels. They were so good.

Recommend this Motel YES!

The cold shower, the old problem if everyone showered at the same time you couldn't get a constant water temperature. Also the building and furnishings are old needs a re-vamp however the cost of the room reflects this, you do get what you pay for.

THE COST!!! Cheap inexpensive lodgings, and dinner at the Copa Bar and Grill was excellent recommend eating here. Easy breakfast at the Cabana Cafe. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

Needs some TLC

Outdated rooms, but they were a good size, no fridge or microwave, was told the hotel was too old to have those in the rooms. Had to walk across the parking lot to get to the pool, but the pool area was nice

It was in a convenient location for our trip

A/C unit was noisy.

A/C unit was noisy. Was replaced by about 10:30pm. New unit was worse than the original. Couldn’t use the A/C all night. Will never stay there again.

If I return to RENO I will stay there again.

AC unit would squeal off and on so it would make you jump if it started while sleeping. 2nd day Maintenance could hear it outside the door after I called the second time. He was very nice and oiled the Fan the best he could and stated they did not have a spare at that time. He did mention I could request another room but I was tired and it was the last night so I said no thanks and went back to sleep, AC remained quiet till 6 AM but it was time for me to get up and pack.

Excellent value

Change your beds please needs updating.

Hard Beds Not Pillow Top. No Mini Fridge And Non caffeinated coffee only. Bathroom needs updating.

Super clean. Good color decor. Shampoo conditioner and body wash dispensors and friendly staff. A little pricy for generic.

Sucked and won’t go back.was there for my daughters 18 birthday and it sucked and ruined her birthda

Wanted to pay cash and was told I could not so that was the first strike.No parking no cofffee air conditioner stopped working,room to small and way to much cigarette smoke.also was charged a 75 dollor fee and that pissed me off.will never recommend or stay there again.shower was cold and staff was not good and elevators were broken.no WiFi also.i will neve ever stay there again.s.i will find something else that is more kid friendly next time also.

Pool was okay.

3.0
    I will NOT stay there again.

The floor was NASTY. My kids' feet were black after walking around on the floor. The shower was clogged. It took over an hour for them to fix it, therefore, we didn't have bathroom access for all that time. We called the front desk three times, every time they said they would be there in 5 minutes. We were not compensated at all, not even an "I'm sorry".

The bed was comfortable and the shower pressure was good.

I would stay there again.I liked the closeness to acouple outside activities.I would stay there agai

It could use some updating.

Staff was friendly and helpful.They answered all my questions in a friendly manner and if they could not they referred me to who could.I felt safe and comfortable in the casino,resterants and walking around.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

A dump that is slowly getting better.

The beds could have been more comfy and they could have had a coffee maker in the room.

Outdated, but clean for the most part. We were on a smoking floor (by choice), but the smell of pot was thick.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Great stay

Had strangers bugging me for smoke or a cigarette oupside my room. I expect that on the streets.

I loved the buffet. I picked threw the buffet grabbing a little of everything. It was delicious!

Room service from Mels.

It was a good resort, but not as snazzy as some of the bigger, newer ones... it had an older look and feel to the place. You could tell it had been a long time since it had been updated.

Room service from Mels... it was just diner food but it certainly wasn't overpriced, was actually fairly decent and they served large portions!

Love the location.

Love the location. Rooms/bathrooms could use a upgrade. I always ask for city view, most of the time I get a room with a view. Love the comfortable feeling staying there. Love the pool area and the Sunday jazz evening.

Comfortable bed, dark curtains nice and strong water pressure

No breakfast... No iron... No fridge... No choice pot .... Pipe in bathroom sink broke. No maintenance came to fix.

Comfortable bed, dark curtains nice and strong water pressure

Good rooms,casino and multiple restaurants inside the hotel...

Good rooms,casino and multiple restaurants inside the hotel,however careful with operating hours of them.they might close by 9on weekdays. If you can't take smoking and smoke,casinos in Reno as whole are somking spots and that suffocates. However hotel has good location.close to circus circus,silver legacy and El Dorado. Parking is good and easily available. Room misses a mini fridge and microwave. However room is big and very comfortable. Staff is service oriented and helpful.

Super comfortable beds!

Nothing. Everything was great.

Super comfortable beds! Our king bedroom was big. Loved that the room did not smell like cigarettes at all, despite the casino floor smell. We got a 2-for-1 buffet deal for staying 2 nights, which was a plus! Casino wasn’t too big, which was nice in the sense that it wasn’t overpacked like the other nearby casinos. Location was good though, as it is located in downtown Reno & within walking distance if you wanted to check out the bigger casinos. Staff was very nice too. And there’s free parking! Will definitely be back :)

Poor House keeping

During check in, I was never asked if I wanted to go "Green". That is why there was no maid service to our room. So I requested clean towels before we left in the morning, and coming back late at night, never received it! This happened twice! Also, don't expect House keeping service in the evening, because they are closed. Front desk will transfer you to the Maintenance guy for your request.

Front desk staffing was Great!

It was so loud and smoky we could not even sleep.

Quit playing that music sooo loud right outside the guests window!!!! The a.c. was louder than the train right next door as well!

It was so loud and smoky we could not even sleep. Also my little guy has been sick since wr left there. Not a best birthday for me!

It was okay.

The bathtub had a slow drain. You litterally had to hold the drain open for it to drain or you would be standing in a tub full of water.

Bingo and the staff was attentive.

I like that the diner (the original Mel’s) downstairs was...

I did not like that the whole two nights I was there my 7th floor vending machine was out of order had to keep going to another floor for drinks. The bar soaps(both that were provided) were so dry it broke into several mini pieces upon opening them. I did not like being given a wheelchair accessible room without being advised. I also didn’t like that the gift shop closes so soon but that’s not really something Ill hold against the hotel.

I like that the diner (the original Mel’s) downstairs was 24hours! I liked the rate of the room per night and I enjoyed the Casino but seems that the machines weren’t paying out as well as last January. I also liked that the room was ready even a bit before check in time and the staff whom checked me in was very nice!

Great location, some drawbacks, but good value.

Walls in rooms were paper thin, could hear adjacent room's kids and conversations all night long. Hotel is adjacent to an active railroad track and each train coming by makes significant amount of noise. some left over wiskers from prior guests around the bathroom sink.

Good location, several decent restaurants, free parking, and free wifi was functional.

Very good choice for a Reno stay!!

I had asked to be placed in a room away from elevators and vending machines, because they are noisy. My room was a little too close to the elevators.

Great location with very good on-site restaurants, the room was basically quiet with a nice view, and the price was very good.

Customer service was good and comfy room!

The bathroom could use a bleach scrub. There was no cooler/ small frig. Don't like the dark shower curtain.

Bed was fresh and comfortable----had a great nite sleep!

Great parking.

A woman from housekeeping was checking the rooms to see if they were still occupied really upset me. She didn’t announce herself “housekeeping” when she barely tapped in the door. I went to the door, I was in the bathroom about 9 feet away from the door, and she was already opening the the door before I reached the door. Totally unacceptable!! I had to push the door shut as I was undressed, I had just gotten out of the shower minutes before. My daughter and granddaughter were further in the room and never heard anyone at the door. I spoke to two managers, housekeeping manager and the property manager and they both defended her actions. Unprofessional and unacceptable and a serious violation of my privacy. It still upsets me the lack of consideration I was showed.

Great parking.

Great service with clean room.

The ice maker was 'out of order'. Extra pillows would have been nice.

A very clean and spacious room. The beds were comfortable. The cleaning staff were very polite and helpful.

Happy not happy!

My room was dirty. My bathroom ceiling had what looked like mold on it. The shower slip gaurd was already inplace which to me seems that it was reused. 1 of the three pillows had a blood spot on it. Hair on the sink and black spots on walls an head board. Also there's a gap between the front door an the floor. To me seems as if you have less privacy.. I could hear peoples conversations as i walked my rooms. Took 25 minutes to check in. Shower certain flys around and sticks to your body in the shower. Which to me makes me feel if it happened to me when it happens to others and i shared germs with someone else. Elevators indicator lights didnt work in the garage levels 1 and 3b ( only levels i used).

Convenient location close to everything. Ice machine was great! Staff was nice.

DIRTY and NASTY! WILL NEVER STAY AGAIN

I am beyond upset and disappointed with this place. It caused nothing but misery and hassell for the entire group. It was supposed to be a happy and enjoyable weekend but instead it became almost a burden and ended in tears of frustration and disappointment. My first set of rooms was in the Regency tower and it smelt so badly of smoke it was overpowering and the room was filthy. SO we had to gather all our belongings and move clear across the hotel to the other side to our new rooms. By the time we got moved into there we were already close to our dinner reservations times, that we didn't have time to really look over the room but all we knew was that they smelt WAY better than the previous rooms. Even though our new rooms were a little further apart at this point they were not overpowered with smoke so we didn't make a big fuss. Once we put our bags down, we then had to rush to change our clothes to make our dinner reservations. So by the time we got back from dinner it was very late. We ended up calling for blankets because our room had none! It took them over a few hours to bring us blankets. When we received the blankets they were covered in hair and they looked/smelled like they had never been washed! Needless to say we were beyond frustrated at this point so we didn't call them back. As we crawled into bed my mother kept saying something smells like pee on her bed... we pulled up the sheets and seen nasty piss stains all over the bed and there was NO MATTRESS PROTECTORS! EKKKKK! It was disgusting and unfortunately we had no choice but to sleep on it. The floors and closets also stunk to the point that our bags from being on the ground started to smell like pee. This was only the beginning! We go into the bathroom to shower and get ready for breakfast and there was nasty hair (and not just head hair...) all over the shower walls and the bathtub would not drain the water very fast at all!

Location ONLY

Over all the stay was ok for the price I paid.

The bed was not the most comfortable and the bathtub drain did not work to drain the tub automatically. I had to hold the knob down to drain the tub. Also the hotel was a bit confusing getting around to the correct elevators to get to my side of the building to get to my room.

The hotel was easy to find. The parking was easy as well with many spaces by the elevator in the parking garage. The room air conditioner was great

Browse Sands Regency Casino Hotel Reno traveller photo gallery