Reviews of Sandwich Lodge & Resort 2 stars

54 Route 6A, Sandwich, MA 02563, USA

#8 of 9 hotels in Sandwich

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Shower head was small and the pressure was terrible.Also I found poop stuck on the outside of the toilet.The towels were a bit small.

Nice bed, comfy chair in the corner. Nice pool and jacuzzi

• One-Bedroom King Suite

If I'm paying the same rate for the 2nd night in a 2 day stay I expect to have clean towels (or at least the option of getting them), garbage emptied, sink and tub cleaned and the bed made. This wasn't the case. Great to have bacon one day and sausage the next as part of breakfast but when they are way undercooked (which both were) they simply don't taste good and I suspect there are potential health issues. Overheard other people at nearby tables remarking about this as well.

Pleasant staff but that shouldn't be a plus, just normal service standards.

• Standard Room

Breakfast was great could be a little more variety..maybe a couple of carb free/ higher protein items. But overall it was great!

The rooms were very large, comfortable and very clean. The pool and hot tub were amazing! the staff was friendly and courteous!

• Standard Room

I really wanted to swim but I booked a time during school vacation and the kids were crazy . My problem. Otherwise it was very nice.

The hotel was great. Nicely appointed rooms

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Refrigerator, microwave, counter with seating in each room. Indoor / outdoor pools, spa, ping pong table in game room. Great location to explore the Cape. Excellent restaurants near by.

• Standard Room

I think it’s ridiculous that you would need to pay $20 extra to have a pet free room. Most hotels charge more to bring a pet. So on a budget we couldn’t spend the extra money and our room smelled of dog. Also our heater made a terrible noise all night and kept us up.

• Deluxe Suite

Deluxe rooms smelled musty, every time you reentered the room it smelt dirty, blankets had holes and were crusty in parts... no WiFi in our room, staff did not know what was open / closed in cape cod over Easter.

• Deluxe Suite

The fact that we stayed a whole day and night with no heat or power, and nothing was offered like extra blankets or flashlights or candles,

Breakfast spread first morning was great!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The pool could have been cleaner. We came in the winter figuring we'd spend a lot of time there in the pool but it was green and filmy. We went in but short amounts of time.

It was comfortable, clean and spacious. My 3 kids and i had enough room.

• Standard Room

contractors working above my room till 8:30 pm hammering and banging mentioned it desk clerk responded by saying she had no control over it disappointing !

appears they have remodeled since the last time i was there very nice. also up graded the cable system last confusing more channels

• Standard Room

bathroom door hook missing. unable to take a bath no plug.booking change rate by 10 after my resv. and the hotel charged an extra 10 to checkin 1.5 h0urs earlier. snow the hotel could have done a better job with snow removeal. i think booking should take care of good repeat customer like us. thanks dennis

• Standard Room

The walls are paper thin and people are loud and would loiter outside of our window on their phones or smoking talking very loudly. There was an exposed nail in the bathroom. If we had a pet with us it would've been satisfactory I suppose... But for a family with small children it was very loud and we weren't the loud ones. Signs stating please do not loiter due to guests sleeping may help... BIG ones and also having a designated area to smoke in away from the building would definitely help. As it was they'd come back from the restaurant next door and our room was on the end so they'd smoke and talk before dispersing. Also parking on the other side of the building so far away from our room which had a spot directly in front was quite frustrating.

The location was great and the pool and breakfast were nice.

• Standard Room

Can't think of anything. Loved our stay.

Fantastic location near so many sites. Most within an hour to hour and a half drive,but many just down the street a short ways. There's a British Restaurant and Pub just next door and many good places to eat near by. The town of Sandwich is charming with many historical sites just down the street. (Old Grist Mill, homes dating to the 1600's, Daniel Webster Inn has great food, lakes lined with fall leaves, etc. The disability chair lift into the pool as well as a pool table, etc were a surprise to see. We liked being in Cape Cod near the beaches and Whale watching as well as near so many historical places like Plimount Plantation.

• Standard Room

We stayed three nights, first night in what was probably the original part of the motel. 2 double beds, small bathroom. Too small for our family of four. Bathroom was small, with underpowered fan so it didn't vent well. Room smelled musty when we came in. We upgraded to a room off the back wing, 2 queen beds and it was much more spacious, newer and just overall felt cleaner

Convenient to our stay, value was pretty good

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The bed was not comfortable, the room was dirty and had a smell to it (my son had dirty knees and feet after crawling on the carpeted floor), the hallways smelled like weed, my room key had to be reprogrammed 4 times which is very annoying when you get to your room on the second floor, carrying your one year old, and have to walk back down again. They said don't keep it near a cell phone so after the first time i made sure not to keep it near my phone. It was not cheap at all and wasn't worth the money spent. I would not stay there again.

The waffle maker

• Deluxe Suite

I just wish the room had a coffee pot in it instead of having to go down to the breakfast room for coffee.

Very spacious room. I love that they have a pool table, ping pong table, volleyball net, etc. Also shopping centers right across the street.

• Standard Room

They need a person designated to the breakfast area.... It was usually really messy and things were not replaced At other resorts the breakfast areas are attended to and it is so much nicer The person at the desk should not be responsible for the front desk and then pop in to cover breskfadt needs

• Deluxe Suite

The pool was not clean. The halls were dirty. The arcade games were very dirty. The fighting game machine was extremely dusty and the screen was blurry. A machine was out of order and we kept loosing coins inside the machines. The sofa's in the front desk were ripped. Most of the picnic tables on field were broken.

The parking was good. It was close to our hotel room and the people at the front desk were fine. The field was partly good.

• Deluxe Suite

So old and needs renovation. Filthy kitchenette in luxury suite. Housecleaning did not replace anything used in kitchen (disposable flatware, etc.). Did not replace shampoos and soaps; had to ask for linens on two occasions over 3 days. I think all they did was make the bed and empty trash cans. Chairs and couches were worn, tattered, and filthy... would not even let my kids sit on them. Overly disgusted with the quality of the room.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Management rude. Poor quality breakfast. Cold hot tab. Old shower head malfunctioning and old generic brand microwave that didn t heat up my food.

Clean large room. Indoor pool and hot tab. Outside barbeque grill

• Deluxe Suite

The entire facility is extremely old and not clean at all. In fact there was a cockroach under the glass on one of the pictures in the bedroom. The chair in my room was ripped and the extra blanket was so disgustingly dirty. To top it all off I left behind an expensive fan I bring when I travel and it was not "recovered" until the next day.....recovered was the word the hotel used which to me means some of their employees are not trustworthy. This was not a cheap room...over 200 per night....EXTREMELY overpriced for the quality. They offered complimentary breakfast which I was not even willing to try considering the cleanliness of the rest of the place!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like parking next to smelly dumpsters. The room was outdated and only one small dresser for a 2 queen bedroom. The water pressure was very hard and our linens had stains on them. The breakfast area was not well stocked and tables were always dirty. I also did not receive the pullout bed I requested and some of the staff were not very pleasant or accommodating

The pool and whirl pool were enjoyable for the kids. Stores and beach close by

• Standard Room

Shower was extremely hot.

Very friendly and helpful staff. The free breakfast was very good. Hotel is close to most everything in The town of Sandwich. Nice indoor and outdoor pools. We will stay here again and would recommend the Sandwich Lodge to friends and family.

• Standard Room

Suggestions for improvement would be a breakfast which could be varied a bit and a coffee maker in the room-perhaps that is coming with the end of renovations.

Convenience to moderately priced restaurants, grocery shopping, and family activities. The staff was very accommodating, available and friendly-always a smile. The housekeeping is conscientious. The pools were clean and the staff available. The grounds were also clean and provided space to walk or run if you were 8 years old, a volleyball net and horseshoe pits were available as were picnic tables. This is a quiet location even though close to the highway.

• Standard Room

Daily cleaning ok. Several days we didn't get washcloths

Good location for sightseeing & beaches. Staff friendly & helpful. Nice hot shower. Nice daily breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Standard Room

My sister and i thought the new remodeling guys could be a little more careful. Some of the corners and edges are messy. Just a small note.

The whirlpool was my favorite. Room was spacious and comfortable. Very clean. Staff was great!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

We was still in the area after staying one night and checking out in the morning, and decided to stay on Friday nite, I called and talked to a lady and asked if we stayed Friday nite, that nite, if we could get the same rate as the nite before, and she said yes. We were at Falmouth, where we could have stayed for the same price, but we knew the place and liked it so we decided to drive the 30 miles back there. They didn't say anything about the price change till I arrived, and they bumped the price 30.00, which turned me off , I asked why, they said it was the weekend, I said I was told that I could stay for the same price, and they said she must have made a mistake. It was 10:00 pm, didn't feel like looking for a room at that time or driving back to Falmouth, so we stayed. I am in business, as well , I live with what I say, or my employees say, as to not loose a customer , even if I loose money. I would never stay here again. Ran by a liar, as he was standing behind counter when I checked in. But what would you expect from a camel jockey.

We stayed one night, liked it.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

There was no place to hang clothes. They did say that the shipment with lots of the new furniture was delayed, but was on the way.

They are in the process of renovating and the room was nice. New carpet, pretty comfortable beds and lots of space.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

I thought that the breakfast could have had hot food choices too, a waffle-maker or omlette maker would have been perfect.

The beds were soft and pillows so fluffy. The staff was friendly and approachable.

• Deluxe Suite

the cleanliness, the staff weren't very friendly, and we would really appreciated if they could let us know in advance that the property was under construction, it was very unpleasant, they could've at least given us a discount for that. :( My family and friends were very uncomfortable with the fact that there were workers passing by all the time and making a lot of noise, when we were trying to have a good time in the pool area. That was very bad.

The property was located near grocery shops, very convenient. Restaurants in the area very good as well!

• Deluxe Suite

The first floor was under construction and the stairway smelled bad . There were stains on the carpet and the building in general was hot . Outlets were cracked and the wifi didn't have a real strong signal.

Pool was great for the kids , bed was comfortable . The British beer co next door was great !!! Not a bad stay at all

• Standard Room

Since it was new construction there were details that were not finished but that didn't affect the comfort of the room. The ceiling light was broken, the bathroom door was not yet painted. Also, the WiFi didn't work in the room. We got a room on the far end so my guess is that is was too far from the server to get a signal. The staff was pretty unconcerned about that.

The bed was comfortable and everything was new and clean.

• Standard Room

There was a bright light outside my window and the curtains didn't close all the way so it was hard to get to sleep. There was also no shower head in my shower so I had to take a shower in another room which was very inconvenient.

The bed was good.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Standard Room

This is a great hotel that is affordable for families with kids. Rooms are big and clean. Staff was very accommodating and helpful. My kids loved the indoor pool!!!!! It also was in a perfect location for the events in our trip.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Stained upholstered furniture (kind of icky to sit in, but it was the only "comfy" chair, other than the hard wood ones at the table). Mysterious dripping noises throughout the night. Drapes did not cut out enough light from the outdoor pool/shuffle board area

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Deluxe Suite

I loved every thing.😁being with my grandchildren.Pool table and ping pong table.

Clean the pool side room it gives me the feeling of family.staff always great.i have been there a few times.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Standard Room

The one program that I was looking forward to watching was not available. No reception. Also, the room phone was broken. And the overhead lamp also.

The staff were all very responsive

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Standard Room

We chose the Sandwich Lodge & Resort because we were bringing our two dogs with us for our visit. Upon unloading our car and feeding them, we naturally walked them around the grounds. The lighting on the premises could definitely stand improvement. The lights sit only two or three feet off the ground, limiting the lighting effect to a small patch of ground. Also, one was out. Combining these factors, there was no way I was leaving the pavement lest I step in something.

I was very impressed at the comfort of the bed. Typically, I find a saggy mattress when I travel (and stay at Marriott hotels...), but I awoke with zero back pain whatsoever. The pictures proved accurate as far as I could tell, which wasn't much. See, we arrived about dusk [so there was no brightness as in the photos], it was the middle of November [off-season so the pool was closed, but we got a killer rate], and did not visit the game room. The continental breakfast was complete though and I would say the available food was above-average. We only stayed one night, but the staff member at check-in was pleasant, pointing out where the breakfast room was in order to start the next day. He also pointed out that we got 10% off our dinner if we showed our room key at the bar/restaurant next door.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Deluxe Suite

Lock was broken on back entrance, not very secure, anyone could enter the building. Front desk was notified but lock remained broken all weekend.

Comfortable bed, large room, quiet.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

You should move the dumpster to the back of the parking lot when outdoor pool is open. The flies from the dumpster are bothersome because it's located too close to the pool.

Your front desk service is very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

We were given room 117 on first floor. Bottom of refrig had a puddle of standing water. Only light in bathroom not working. Room smelled of cigarettes, though front staff swore all rooms were smoke free (and somebody had indeed removed the no smoking sign on the door).

We asked to switch rooms, and got a lovely one, #228. No elevator. But room was spacious and quiet. Breakfast was not much to write home about.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Had unruly neighbors,drunk or high. Screaming & cursing in hallway. Even banging on our door.Reported to front desk but nothing done.

Very large suite. Felt like an apartment, very nice.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Went for the continental breakfast and there was no food left. Had to go to dunkin donuts for breakfast. Also "no do not disturb " sign missing from room.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Not sure what the odd smell was when we walked in the room but otherwise a nice clean room

The staff were all very helpful and accomadating .. We really enjoyed our restful weekend away! Wish it could have been longer 😎

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Standard Room

Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff could not have been more friendly, accommodating and professional. We will never stay anywhere else when we visit!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Standard Room

The room had a little bit of a smell. I am sure it was the humidity. But if it were me I would prefer regular floors and not a carpet in that sort of a beach situation

Indoor, outdoor pool and hot tub. Great location. The kids love the arcade

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Standard Room

It was a basic motel with adequate cleanliness and nice brakfast. A location is very good. It have relatively short distance to Boston, Heynes Whale Watching place and Provincetown at the same time. Downtown of Sandwich is nice and cosy.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

We found someone else's eyeglasses under the bed, so it was clearly not cleaned under there after the previous guest or guests. Both pools were so filthy and cloudy, we turned around and left and would not let our kids go in.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Hut tub fas freezing!! No Hot breakfast! Maybe more outdoor grills!

Great place, very clean. I wish they had hot breakfast and a waffle maker!! not just cold continental. also hot tub was cold...what a downer 😕... besides that great..

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Very large room and good location.

There is no room view

The room is large, the breakfast buffet is good, the staff are helpful

• Standard Room

The beds were a bit hard. I wish there was better lighting in the pool area.

Great price. Nice location. Clean. Pool.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

tub faucet would not stop dripping. room smelled a bit musty

location was great. room set up was good

• Standard Room

The location suited where I wanted to be. Facilities and food were not classy, but straight-forward and great value for the price. Perfect for me.

• Deluxe Suite

Hot tub water was luke warm was very disappointed. Beds not comfortable.

Location was excellent

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Staff inattentive to keeping under 16yr olds out of hot tub. Very nosey employees/mgmt!

Amenities

• Standard Room

Everything from check in to check out

• Standard Room

Must walk outside to access pool

Very spacious and clean. Nice pool area. Great location ! Free coffee

• Standard Room

No downside. Room had everything I needed, conveniently placed. Free wifi.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good value. Good location.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Continental breakfast was ok. The video arcade had a few games out of order.

The room was very clean with comfortable beds and newly renovated rooms.

• Standard Room

The view was of a factory :(

the pool and hot tub temperatures were perfect. The rooms were large and clean.

Nothing really.

Very helpful reception staff. Nice to have a pool . Breakfast very welcome. The British pub next door was brilliant.

pool looked cloudy

comfy bed

• Standard Room

Comfortable room, friendly, helpful staff, okay breakfast included.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Would like some protein other than hard boiled eggs for breakfast

Good location. The staff was very helpful.

I liked everything

IT was a place we've stayed before and it's location is very convenient for us

• Standard Room

Lamps had a night lamp so one person could read in bed without disturbing other.

Breakfast.

Large rooms. Well maintained. On Cape Cod.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The bed sheets were not changed Me and my wife had lot of bits... Wifi very poorly.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Standard Room

I missed having a coffee pot in the room......it was adequate but it could have been cleaner....the towels were pretty worn

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

price

very good location , but price to hight for the month of may

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017